Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1435 hrs] When Trolls Dance, Vulcans Growl
Last post by Ellen Fitz -
[ Lt. Cmdr. Cross | Sickbay | D. 21 | V. 3 | “Ranger” of USS Theurgy] Attn: @EnigmaTales

The trolls stopped dancing and seemed resigned to a steady-state march for a few seconds until, at long last, they disappeared entirely. Cross opened his eyes as he released the breath caught in his lungs.

“Much better. Thanks.”

Taking a moment to study the lieutenant before him, Cross put her words and the personnel files he’d had to memorize. A name meant shit when your head hurt, but now that his mind was clear, Cross felt like a twerpish child for all his complaining when he recalled the details of how the Elsarian had ended up in stasis. His woes were small in comparison.

“I must sound like a baby to you,” Cross snorted, shaking his head at his own expense. “You have to deal with ridiculous shit every day and got the short end of the gobshite stick smacking you into stasis some until V-Nine figured out a way to get you out again.” Cross ran his flesh hand over the back of his neck and sighed. “Fucking puzzles are child’s play in comparison.”

Closing his eyes, Cross went through his mental database of Vulcan meditation techniques his mentor had once hoped he’d readily adapt but which most he’d wholeheartedly rejected.

“Kithira is the building-blocks technique that always pissed me off more than it helped me. Tiltra was a little more like basic mindfulness meditation, only fixating on a number, and that didn’t bother me as much. As for the breathing and mindfulness, I can start doing that again when I’m in bed. I did it during the Academy when transitioning into having a social life was hard as fuck.” He blushed, remembering he no longer had a valid excuse to curse. “All the martial arts were helpful because they required movement and concentration. So the sword dueling d'Alik'tal, hand-to-hand ke-tarya, lirpa-based khy'lan, and the basics of sof'el'itju and suus mahna. I was only barely exposed to Vulcan neuro-pressure techniques but what little I experienced seemed to help at the time.” He shrugged. “Do you think non-Vulcan techniques might help too? Like what exactly is the issue in there?” He pointed to his head with a frown. “Is it something more physical activity will help, more mental activities, or a change in diet?”
Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: [2376] Entanglement of Chaos
Last post by Ellen Fitz -
[Atha Ono | Mobile Base Near Mador Base | Cardassia Prime ] Attn: @RyeTanker

Atha Ono, the self-proclaimed Bajoran patriot, listened and watched as the Orion “patriots” scrambled to their positions in the stealth mobile artillery unit they’d commandeered some time ago and converted into a movable base of operations. Despite their bulk, the men squeezed their hulking frames into positions tailor-made for Cardassians with little difficulty. Their leader, the goatee-sporting Jassarac, stood on the command dais just below Atha’s perch in one of the jumpseats close to the rear hatch. Atha did not take pride in allying himself with Jassarac, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Jassarac interrupted Atha’s brief foray into self-pitying resignation with a quick, “Bearing?”

“15 degrees.”

“Mark?” He rolled his massive shoulders, glancing up at Atha.

“202.”

Atha offered Jassarac a nod of acknowledgment, to which the Orion mercenary grunted before asking, “Range?”

“7000 meters.”

“Fire.” Jassarac braced himself on the dais's railing, while Atha relied on the straps holding him in place to counteract the lurching motion the entire unit made as it expelled an exploding round towards its target. A heartbeat passed before Jassarac called out,  “Report.”

“Round projected to go shallow.”

“Increase the angle and fire another round.” He smirked up at Atha. “Even if we don’t get a direct hit, with these rounds, the concussive force and incendiary shrapnel will be enough to get the point across.”

“Impacts in one minute.” One of the Orion mercenaries interjected.

Atha gave a breathy chuckle, “The Cardassian shit who tortured me in the camp shared some applicable wisdom.” Jassarac quirked his eyebrows upward, waiting with a wry smile already on his green face. “Lasting lessons must be learned the hard way.”

Jassarac’s mirthless laugh joined in with Atha’s chuckle as they both reflected on what their prior Caradassian associate’s face would look like once the rounds exploded in his face.

[Luske Ontatt | Secure Sub-levels of Mador Base | Cardassia Prime ]

“Sir, we have a problem,” Luske Ontatt looked up from the series of charts he’d been studying, frown already creasing his brow at the anxiety-ridden sound of his associate’s voice, “The upper levels near the decoy data noda room seemed to have been infiltrated. Reports are that it is Praar accompanied with some associates, including what look to be Starfleet personnel.”

Luske smiled, “That’s no problem, dear.” Leaning back in his chair, Luske waved a hand as if conducting an orchestra. “Release the paralytic gas on all levels. Our people are immune to it, but any unwelcome guests will not be.” Luske nodded to himself, replacing the pair of archaic-looking glasses on his nose, reading to return to his studies.

“Sir, we have another problem.”

“And that is?” He didn’t bother removing his glasses this time; he merely spoke over his shoulder.

“Sensors are picking up incoming fire.”

“Well, now,” Luske removed his glasses and stood. “That is a bit more of a problem. Has the gas already been released?” His associate gave a meek head nod. “Oh well, send teams to retrieve our ‘guests’ and pull them down to a safer level. They have answers to the mystery of who fired on us and why, and even if they don’t, they still need to answer for intruding without invitation.”

You can presume Enyd's support with knife, boost up, and in dragging the body inside.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1533 hrs] Il Dolce Suono mi Colpì di Sua Voce
Last post by Krajin -
[ LT. JG Dominic Winters | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @joshs1000

“If it’s going to go up in flames with a boom there is an ejection system and an emergency transporter. I’ll be up and out hopefully before it goes off. Maybe put in a redundancy..” He trailed off as he thought on that for a moment. Dominic knew of the safety systems; hopefully, the core's emergency ejection would also kick in. Ships like this all had emergency systems involved in them in various forms.

His thoughts stayed trained on Lok’s surface thoughts as they discussed and he looked quite amused as he picked up on the Hot-Dog pilots comment. Well, I am a hot-dogging pilot sometimes and enjoy seeing just what I can customize to fit my flight profile.

He considered doing the painting himself for he had done it on the Gryphon of his on the Monarch whilst serving on the Thunderball. Something he and his prior CO had clashed several times over repeatedly in the past. His armoured tail twitched slightly when Lok brought up the kill counts being done. “I used to paint my victory marks on the hull of my Peregrine and Gryphon. They aren’t celebrations of death, but rather the success of the missions you’ve been on. Sometimes they served as reminders of where it's been, and what had been done. Many pilots have their own meanings to the markers. Regs or not we did it and it served as a source of morale for us. Other times they were reminders for us.” He explained. With an open-shut nose flare and a huff of irritation as Dominic found himself reliving some of his old memories of the Monarch.

“Some do not appreciate the marks or the history. Getting a holier-than-thou attitude that they can shove right up their own arse. They need to live what it is out there or get over their own guilt.” He grumbled. The Kzint took a moment to cool off as he felt his temper rise slightly having had to deal with such people in the past.

Dominics eyes shifted slightly as he turned to face the man fully and studied him slightly. He noted the way the engineer had rolled up his sleeves and his furry chest mostly covered up to about half way. “On the topic of modifications.. If I get caught doing some unauthorized tinkering..” He leaned into Lok slightly, making shoulder contact. “Would you put me over your knee and spank me?” Dominic asked. His ears twitching and the closest thing of a cheeky grin on his face. He took a sniff and then stepped back so as to not stay within Avandar’s personal space. He would never normally make such a comment or ask that question with other officers. But with what emotions he had picked up from Lok, he had to see just how the man reacted.

“I know adjusting it to fit my rear in there is a little complex but its not by much. I could fit into the Gryphon quite comfortably. When I have some ideas in mind from test flights I will see if there is anything to tweak. Learn Wolf-10’s personality.”

Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: USS Theurgy: What if - The Public Baths
Last post by tongieboi -
[Ens. Joseph Adams | Public Baths | Deck 12 | USS Theurgy ]

The way she seemed to linger on his name was certainly not lost on him. Iliciting a slight flush of red and a widening of his eyes as she brought his attention on him. Clearing his throat, he shifted in his seat slightly, straightening his back a little.

"I suppose it would be...impolite to decline someone's advances, especially if they might see it as a diplomatic insult."

He replied, a slight bob of his head. He wasn't a complete idiot, he was certainly able to detect the turn the conversation had taken. And he was still a man with urges too, so he was quite aware of how this strange woman made him feel with that teasing tone.

The wicked smile made him wonder if she was perhaps planning something. He had to stop his mind from wondering exactly what she was planning. Despite the rumours he'd heard about what officers did in the public baths, he was still convinced that it was just that.

Although, he supposed if he had to pick anywhere, a secluded area such as this would be the best spot for an impromptu, inconspicuous sexual encounter.

He suddenly felt rather daring, and decided to ask a question.

"I can't say I recognise your race, Artimis. Is it against your culture to decline such a thing?"

He asked with an air of curiosity. Even if he wasn't necessarily a virgin himself, he still carried a certain 'curious' air about him. Not to the same degree as Artimis' virgin persona, of course. He'd been to Starfleet Academy after all, that included the nightclubs and extracurricular activities.
Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: USS Theurgy: What if - The Public Baths
Last post by AbsintheDeux -
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Public Baths | Deck 12 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @tongieboi @joshs1000 
[Show/Hide]

Blinking innocently, Artimis played the virgin, "it was somewhat shocking to see such open behavior, but I suppose in places where the dress code is more lax, such fraternization is far more common," she observed with a coy little smile. She was more than aware of the feeling of sexual energy in the air in a place like this, though she was not immune to it, she was also very much in control of her own sexuality. She had been trained to use it as a weapon or a powerful bargaining tool if she needed to, she knew she had been designed to be visually appealing and she was unashamed of it.

She suddenly smiled wickedly as a thought occurred to her. She wondered how far she could take this situation. She was all but certain the more furry one was willing to sexually engage with her, but she also curious about the other one.

"I have heard in some cultures turning down a proposition for sexual expression is considered the height of insult and as trained diplomats, we must avoid that," she went on teasingly. She turned her gaze pointedly to the human man there. "What do you think..." She paused to draw out the moment, blinking innocently again. "Joe?" She let his name linger almost seductively on her tongue as she said it.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH. 3 S [Day 01 | 1315] Growing New Roots
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Shuttle craft Faraday | IKS Kolath landing bay ] @P.C. Haring
[Show/Hide]

Once the trunk was safely secured in the rear compartment Artimis Saugn made her way to the forward section and took a seat. As with standard launch protocol she strapped in and in doing so made the first real sound since she had come to the forward section. She noted the reaction of the pilot and inwardly smiled. It was more than likely she was telepathically invisible and she liked it that way. It was easier to process information quickly when she did not need to keep her thoughts cluttered.

"I have been assigned to the Theurgy to learn about the nature of the parasitic life-form and any possible connection to the prototaxites stellaviatori mycelial network," Artimis explained flatly. It was the simplest version of her assignment that was of public knowledge, her purposes beyond that were strictly need to know. She knew there would be questions about her presence aboard the ship and even though her position was menial, her nature was something of an outlier among the crew, not to mention her physical appearance.

She smiled sweetly. "Kind of a clinical way to say that I'm here for the same reason any of us are here, to beat the bad guys." She held up a fist and beamed in a truly adorable manner. She looked about as threatening as a infant saber cat,
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH. 3 S [Day 01 | 1315] Seeding Unknown Soil
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Diplomatic Council Offices | Deck 2 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy ] @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]

For a long moment Artimis said nothing, she simply observed the interactions of the others. Then came the question and her eyebrow raised. She was used to being under some degree of suspicion, so this was nothing new, but it did seem odd. Still she maintained a pleasant smile and calm posture.

"No more so than your biology could be hacked to spread an number of harmful viruses, though from my research into the incident, there was no indication the Teslyliac member of the crew at the time suffered any ill effects, though I have yet to see the medical files on the incident," Artimis replied smoothly.

She sighed and looked around the arboretum and smiled at all the green and life that surrounded them, but a shadow seemed to fall over her as she turned her attention back to Jordan. She studied her for a moment, the way a wine connoisseur studied a new wine. She did not allow herself to stare for long, but she did take a moment to look at her before she spoke again.

"I can understand that it was a troubling experience, but," she tilted her head slightly as she continued, "do I strike you as that much of a threat?" She almost seemed to pout as her eyes seemed to grow larger.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: PRO: S [Day01 | 1030 hrs] The World I Know and the World I Don't
Last post by joshs1000 -
[CPO Avander Lok | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Dumedion
[Show/Hide]

Lok listened with a visual sign of relief on his face as Doctor Leux played off the whole thing as merely some over enthusiastic boxing. The thought momentarily crossed his mind, perhaps I should pick up boxing. I always say I’m going to but never do. He was happy that Arven would show a bit of discretion on this matter. While yes Lok had been on a self destructive streak since the war ended it wasn’t as if he wasn’t trying to get better, see counselors and the like, curtail his drinking; but the main point was is that he do this himself, he didn’t want to burden anyone but a professional with his own burdens and even then he was still hesitant to bring that kind of stuff up.

The voice of Thea returned once more. Guess she’s like an operations officer or yeoman or something, he thought to himself, completely unaware that it was in fact the ship’s AI. She concluded that for the time being with the two most senior officers off the ship that Lok’s medical information would have to wait. Arven was quick to do it the old fashioned way and create an offline copy directly onto a new PADD, along with the information from the one Lok destroyed, something that he found somewhat endearing. He could go on for hours about the endless whining he heard from officers if the internal network went down and they couldn’t access their data or send data someplace else. “Thanks Doc, I’ll try to take care of this one”, he responds with a sharp toothed grin before hopping back off the biobed.

With everything taken care of now medically, it looked as if Lok could finally leave and get back to his, well, life. Arven soon confirmed this but, perhaps curious, asked what the large hulking feline was going to do about a new pair of clothes. Lok gave a simple dismissive wave and replied, “It’s alright, I have some uniforms with my stuff…hopefully they didn’t toss it, but if they did I remember what I need to tell the replicator to get a new one.”

He listened as Arven explained the discharge process and that he was to come see him again for a followup in the next three days. Then, with their business concluded, Lok followed Arven out of the Recovery Ward and back into the Main Sickbay. Now, with a bit more direction he found his way out, still wearing nothing but his hospital gown, he felt really no shame when it came to his nudity. He walked past the reception area and gave a small wave to Nurse Kitty who gave him a curious look and then a nod to Arven who was nearby, “See you in a few days Doc.”

And with that he was out the door and now could continue where he left off or well continue what he had been left with. Whatever plans he had had for his life were over. After requesting the location of his personal effects, he padded his way through the corridors of the massive ship. He pondered his life as he went, what led him here, he wondered if things had turned out different if he would have just gone to another ship and been blissfully unaware of what was happening. At the moment it seemed like his life was over. If anything of what he had seen and heard was true then how was it possible that this all didn’t end with death or rotting away in some prison for the rest of their lives. Would he ever see his family again? Would he ever see home again?

What happened to the good old days, when all you had to worry about as a Starfleet officer was going where no one had gone before?

The world I have known is lost in shadow.

FIN
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: Chapter 5 S [D02 | 0740 hrs.] We The Disgruntled
Last post by chXinya -
[PLt. Selena Ravenholm | Gallli Forum | vh’Jann | Romulus] attn: @P.C. Haring @Dumedion @Griff

As soon as the transporter beam let go and the first raindrops splattered onto her face, Selena glanced up in annoyance at the weather. Of course the transporter operator had warned them about the storm so she knew what to expect, but it was still frustrating. Quickly pulling the hood of the dark grey cloak she had thrown on over her lengthened black hair, the woman turned her attention to a quick scan of the alleyway they’d beamed down into. If the reports of the grey architecture weren’t being exaggerated it was hard to tell the way the dim lighting and precipitation just sucked all the color out of everything that wasn’t a light source. That wasn’t what her enhanced vision was looking for though, after switching spectrums and overlaying an energy scan numerous devices popped up out of the grey dullness. Cameras for the most part, all linked to a central transmitter up on a nearby roof. The others were already commenting on the environment around them, and at Kino’s comment about the surveillance, Selena could only nod in agreement. “Assuming they’re not already on us. As energy dense as a city will be, it’s not quite that easy to hide a transporter signal if they’re looking for it.”

Which is where her skills came into play. It was no coincidence that they materialized right next to the control panel for this section’s surveillance network. Stepping up to the “garbage bin”, Selena’s now flesh-wrapped hand found the hidden control pad and slid it open, revealing the old-yet-still military-grade keypad underneath. Retrieving the small tricorder out of a pocket in her cloak she stood close to the bin to hide her actions from the cameras and started her work to slip into the system. Kino was already griping about the time which brought a furrow to the tech expert’s still-smooth forehead. “Keep your ears glued on, this’ll only take a minute. Just need to make sure I don’t trigger any alerts.” Hathev had some ideas of her own about how big the group should be and Selena chimed in there as well, “Might as well, but I need someone to stand roughly two meters between me and that gutter over there.” She pointed to the rainspout running out of a metal gutter that had been broken off halfway up the wall. “It’ll keep the camera next to it from seeing exactly what I’m doing.”

Watching the cracking program run on the smalls screen, Selena tapped a few subprograms into the queue every so often as the automated security protocols started sniffing for a rat, but she had plenty of cheese to keep those occupied. Thanks to the older, known, protocols this particular access point ran off of, it took just less than the promised minute and she was in. Quickly inserting the pre-made malware Selena smiled as the system’s logs promptly rewrote themselves into a series of nothing but empty, rainy alleyway. “Tch, I expected better out of the Tel Shiar.” she chided the famed intelligence service, uploaded the final programs, then withdrew from the computer.  Pocketing the tricorder and closing the panel cover she turned to face Lillee. “All done here, unless someone happened to actually see us beam in there’s no record of it. As for our own eyes and ears, I can slip into the system whenever I want. I’ll have to be careful with how much I use it though, the more often I slip in the more likely it’ll be they’ll notice the intrusion.”
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1435 hrs] When Trolls Dance, Vulcans Growl
Last post by EnigmaTales -
[ Lt. JG V'lana | Sickbay Lobby  | D. 21 | V. 2 ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz

V’lana gave Cross a somewhat indulgent smile, not minding his cursing, and understanding very much how frustrating it might be to attempt Vulcan meditation techniques. Once she had made sure that there was no contraindication to administering a general analgesic, she requested a hypospray with the appropriate dosage, and waited for one of the assistant nurses to bring it.

“Well, first things first, let’s make sure you are no longer in pain. Or at least minor to moderate levels of pain, not.. you said something about trolls. I don’t know what those are, but it doesn’t sound pleasant.” 

She administered the medication, tracking its success through the neurological scan.

“The thing is… you will hate this… but since you are fully Vulcan now, you will most likely have to deal with everything that comes with the territory. Every species has distinctive biology that developed over thousands of years, and it doesn’t really care that you used to be different, or find meditation frustrating.”

She considered, trying to think of a good example. “I get an enzyme injected that allows me to digest what is considered “normal food”, and I generally wear clear contacts that make working on well-lit environments less unpleasant. I could wear contacts to change my eyes, use a bronzer, and I could probably pass as human. But I am not. That became very much clear when someone injected me with a medication that was perfectly okay for humans, but basically fried my brain.”

Which had been the reason why she was in stasis, and V’lana would certainly still be angry at the person who did this - if that person was still alive.

“Fact is, your physiology likely doesn’t give a damn about whether you like meditation or not. Buuuuut I am absolutely willing to see if we can figure out what sort of meditation helps with your current issues, and then see what prevents others from popping up”, she suggested. “How’s the headache? Better?”
Simple Audio Video Embedder