Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357493 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3925
Hi everybody! Glad to be back!

Welcome to all the newbies and return people too.

Also sorry to see @Triage go :( Hope things ease up for her and all of us given the current situation

Reply #3926

Greetings Theurgists,

I wish to express my solidarity with you all - and other people out there - during this outbreak of the pandemic, and to convey my deepest sympathies on the many effects on your lives that have been caused by this disease. I send my best wishes for your continued health, and look forward to writing you whenever creativity finds you in these strange times.

Personally, I need escapism, and will remain both active and driving in the continued narrative of our magnum opus. If you also need escapism, I will be here for you, to discuss, develop and execute ideas of yours. Most importantly, still and always, take care of yourselves and those closest to you.

Yours Sincerely,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3927
Hi Everyone,

I want to apologise to you all. Recent changes to my circumstances have hit me quite hard and unfortunately, I haven't put my best foot forward in dealing with them. Honestly, I have been terrible. I have wallowed and whined more than was necessary. And it has shown in my tardiness with my writing. And I have let you all down doing that.

But, I have been reminded about one of the reasons that I even began to write here. To escape. So that is what I am going to do. I am going to plant my butt in front of my keyboards and try to focus on getting back up to date. Its been close to 6 months since I have been completely 100% up to date and I want to be that way again.

I'd like to say it will be all done over the weekend, and that is my aim, but I won't promise that. I don't want to break another one.

Stegro88

Reply #3928
Don't worry @Stegro88
RL is and will always come first. I'm sorry to hear that you suffered from some difficults in the recent time and I hope you are and will be okay. Take your time if neccessary. We are all in the middle of some ruff times together.

Reply #3929
So my colleague came back to work on time. Which was great. Unfortunately we work in the health sector, so it's still been wild.

I know I have threads that are coming up on 3 weeks of waiting for me to post, and I'm sorry. I ask for a little more patience (not to imply anyone's been impatient) while I root around looking for my mojo, ha. Thanks folks. Chins up.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3930
For those waiting on responses from me, I hope to get to everything this weekend.  Last weekend, I was having new flooring installed and painting my office so every computer had to be disconnected and stowed away and they weren't reassembled until late Sunday by which time I was exhausted.  All that's left now (for the most part) is assembling two more book shelves and I should be done (I assemble one per night after work). 

Reply #3931
TODAY WE WELCOME TWO NEW THEURGISTS!

Greetings Theurgists!

Today we welcome two new members of the sim, this in the form of @Cleric_Kyan and @jreeves1701 ! :) They will be writing Miles Renard and Sithick respectively.

Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard        Wolf-05 [Iron Fox]

- Writer:
Cleric_Kyan

CPO Sithick                  Head of Fighter Weapons & Ordnance

- Writer:
jreeves1701

While @Cleric_Kyan has made no updates yet to Miles in his character page, such edits might come later on, but @jreeves1701 has fleshed out Sithick's backstory with some more detail to his past.

Welcome to you both, and I hope you'll have a great time continuing the stories of these characters! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3933
Welcome welcome @Cleric_Kyan and @jreeves1701 !! Great to meet you both, I hope to write with you soon :) Let me know if you need anything settling in!
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3934
Welcome both!

Fight @Revan for cookies.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3936
Greetings all,

So excited to be joining this illustrious group!
CPO Sithick [Show/Hide]
CWO1 Larrant [Show/Hide]
BG Natauna
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3937
Welcome, welcome new blood.

@Top Hat Hey, hey I haven't had the cookies in ages thank you very much @Numen does.

Reply #3940
Hello all and thank you all for the "welcome aboard". I look forward to writing with my fellow new arrival @jreeves1701 along with the rest of the crew.  I've been reviewing Renard's key points and still have a slight few to read to be fully caught up with the Aldea Yards. So many things have happened to the Theurgy, Thea and her crew. Many things to affect us all and spring board character points. And maybe I'll take a gander at those cookies... ;)

Outside of the Theurgy I run a number of RPGs, work in IT, and amateurishly dabble in A/V editing. I hope that getting involved not only improves my creativity and writing, but also adds to the ongoing service history of the NX-79854 USS Theurgy.

Reply #3941

SADLY, EVEN ANGELS CRY LEAVES US TODAY

I learned that @Even Angels Cry will not be able to participate here for the forseable future. She stated that she's been fighting an illness since January, and with the new changes in her life (new job, new commute, new roommate) she have been unable to post and will continue to be inactive for a while yet. She said she wish health and safety to everyone here on the sim in parting.

She did leave Jaya Thorne available for inheritance though, but we already had an Applicant that wanted to join the sim, only there were no characters left to inherit at the time. Therefore, Thorne has been offered to that Applicant, and if she's rejected, she'll end up on the Available Characters page (which is still completely empty).

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Former Writer:
Even Angels Cry

As always, I will NPC Jaya Thorne as required in current ongoing threads. Just PM me if you have any specific requests in that regard!

Good bye, @Even Angels Cry , hope you'll return to us soon!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3942
Take care, and better health EAC!

Reply #3943
Sorry to see EAC go, hopefully health wise and everything gets better!

I have a feeling that that character avaliablity page will stay empty for a while barring someone leaving or giving up a character.

Who wants to take bets on how long the page stays empty for? 1 cookie buy in :P

Reply #3944
Hey Gang!

Just a quick heads up that my posting speed might get hampered in the coming weeks. My company has furloughed half of the staff, not including myself thankfully, but it means I'll be taking on additional workloads.

I'll try not to let it affect me, but I can't promise anything >.<

Stay safe everyone!
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #3945
A WARM WELCOME TO ELAURIANPALADIN!

Today, a new Theurgist joins us! It's @Elaurianpaladin , who inherits my old character in form of Tyreke Okafor. :)

Lt. Tyreke Okafor            Science Officer (Synthetic Biology)

- Writer:
Elaurianpaladin

It's unknown if he will make any character change atm. Either way, please give a warm welcome to this new writer in our magnum opus. Welcome aboard, @Elaurianpaladin ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3946
Welcome @Elaurianpaladin I hope you enjoy writing with us and have a great time here :)

Reply #3948

COVER ART FOR EPISODE 01: ADVENT OF WAR

>> Click For Full Resolution

A new board has been added to the forum. It's Episode 01 of Season 2! :)

There will be both an announcement and a Newsletter coming out when the first starting posts have come up there, kicking off the story once more. In the meantime, I hope you all like the cover art for it!

Stay tuned...

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3949
Welcome aboard all the new crew. Great to see new faces aboard, "Young Minds, Fresh Ideas" is what Kirk said once.  :)

As for this old cat, I'm suffering from a mental blah right now regarding most everything creative. Not sure if it's not getting out enough, or what but I'm not feeling it right now. I owe a couple posts and promise when I get my head in a better space I'll reply.

Trying to get out of the house, wife and I are grabbing coffee's and going for a drive in the car everyday, talking, enjoying the spring weather, walking a bit when we can find places there's few people. Fighting cabin fever as it was once called.

Part of it's maybe adjusting to working from home, don't see the same faces and people everyday, just my desk and screens. Funny part about that is I'm an introvert, and I like it when my office at work is quiet and free of people, but now that I'm at home, the office is quiet and free of people and I'm missing the random intrusions of my co-workers. (laugh)  ^o)

Simple Audio Video Embedder