Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357456 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4575

COME SEE PIERCE'S THIRD CHARACTER: LAUREN PIERCE

Today, Pierce has added another character to our story. This in the form of Lauren Pierce!

Ens. Lauren Pierce              Flight Control Officer

- Writer:
@Pierce

Lauren was assigned to join the other incoming Starfleet officers aboard the IKS Kajunpak't to replenish the ranks of the lost officers on the Theurgy. She has an affiliation with both of Pierce's other characters, and I look forward to seeing what you take this character! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4578
It's the invasion of the Pierces! Watch out! lol
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4579

DELAYED E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS

Right now, and for some while now, our server is experiencing some issues with very delayed email notifications. I have been pushing the server provider's technical team about their outbound server issues when it comes to the email notifications for weeks, having an ongoing correspondence. @SummerDawn was helpful enough in providing some more data to use today, and we'll see if the IT admins on the other end of my complaints manage to sort this out.

A temporary workaround could be to bookmark your threads on the forum and check them in the top menu for the time being. Stay tuned about this issue, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4580
Thats a shame fortunatley I prefered to to use the bookmarks on the top menu anyway.

Reply #4581
Hi,

To everyone I am currently in threads with. I may be a bit slow in responding for a bit. Unfrortunatly my Father died this afternoon.

Reply #4583
My condolences to you @Juzzie and your family.
Hugs
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4586
Ah, jeez, I'm sorry to hear that.  :(  Take your time! 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4589
Sorry for your loss @Juzzie - wishing you and your family well during this hard time!
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4591

PLEASE WELCOME BACK TREVORVW, WRITING OUR CHIEF OF SECURITY ONCE MORE!

Come say hi to @trevorvw , who returns to us today with his old main character who once served aboard the USS Endeavour. It's Kai Akoni!

Lt Cmdr. Kai Akoni                  Chief Security Officer  

- Played by Trevorvw

After the Endeavour was destroyed, Lieutenant Akoni ended up on the shuttle USS Niger together with First Officer Ranaan Ducote Chief Science Officer Vael Kaeris and Chief Medical Officer Elro Kobol . One thing led to another , and after the Battle of the Apertures, Akoni was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and became the Theurgy's Chief of Security.

After Kai Akoni was put into stasis from the bomb in the Spearhead Lounge, his resilience proved good enough for surgery to be preformed on the eve of Day 02 in Episode 01: Advent of War. This means that by the time of the Battle of the Apertures, he could be waking up in the recovery ward, he just might have to pause his recovery to defend Sickbay from boarding parties...

Welcome to back, @trevorvw ! :)

UPDATE ON EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ISSUE

Yesterday, I set out to try and sort out whatever was causing the delays in the email notifications together with my old friend @john74 (my on-and-off companion when it comes to the website), but in the end, we could just determine that it can't be an issue with the forum itself, but rather the outbound server of the domain provider I use. (I expected as much, but it was worth the time to try and isolate the probelm).

I compiled a master-list of findings and old correspondence with the domain provider (a Danish company), made yet another ticket to consolidate the issue in a comprehensive way to help them find what is wrong, and the latest word is this:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting support.

We have checked the chat transcripts. We are able to check the tickets that have been created by the previous supporters. It has been forwarded to our Technical Team. We are still waiting for their response. We have now follow up this issue and will send a response as soon as we receive an update from them. Apologies for the delay.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact our chat support. You can find it under Live Help on our homepage. You can also You are welcome, it's our pleasure to help!

Best,

Angelie

So, that's where we stand now, and while notifications are still delayed, it doesn't appear to take days for them to arrive any more. It's a matter of 1 to 3 hours again, as far as I can determine?

Please PM me if you have any input or ideas (instead of posting in this thread), but the advise from earlier still stands. Keep your active threads bookmarked in order to keep track of replies for the time being. Thank you for your patience and pardon the inconvenience with this issue!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4594
Thanks for the welcome back! I look forward to writing with all new (at least to me) and old people once again!

Reply #4595
Welcome back @trevorvw

Thanks for the welcome back! I look forward to writing with all new (at least to me) and old people once again!

Wait... who're you calling old?!?  :p

Reply #4597
Yeet yeet! The Rock returns! Welcome back, @trevorvw ! Looking forward to seeing the People's Elbow make a triumphant return to the SIM!

Reply #4599

CHAPTER 06: BATTLE OF THE HOUSES NOW HAVE DEDICATED BATTLE LOG THREADS!

In the Battle of the Apertures (the finale of Season 1), we successfully picked Supplemental threads that were contemporary with the main Chapter thread, and used those as group threads to illustrate the ongoing battle on different frontlines. In the Battle of the Apertures, we had one thread in which the Allegiant and the Lone Wolves fought the Borg, and another thread illustrated what happened aboard the Theurgy when she was boarded by Borg drones. Yet another as set on the Versant and the main Chapter thread was set on the Main Bridge. Now, we will be doing a similar thing with the Battle of the Houses!

So, Chapter 06: Battle of the Houses is currently showing the development on Thea's bridge, and here are the Battle Logs that we can all use to show the story development in other places:

CH06 Battle Log: Loggin’ Into The Danger Zone [D03|1405]
This thread takes place in the Fighter Assault Bay and it also illustrates the battle from the Lone Wolves' point-of-view. Those writing in the main Chapter 06 thread should take care to keep tabs on the development here since it directly influence the scene for their character, and vice versa.

CH06 Battle Log: Whomever Remains [D03|1410]
This thread is dedicated to the development aboard the Theurgy now that there are Klingon boarders roaming all three Vectors. On Vector 2, there are also a couple of Gorn that slipped out of the Fighter Assault Bay (happened in Loggin' into the Danger Zone above). Please keep in mind that Thea is in MVAM mode and it's not so easy to move between Vectors. Feel free to post how your characters deals with boarders or their duties overall during the battle!

CH06 Battle Log: Triage and Tactics [D03|1425]
Just like Whomever Remains, this takes place aboard Thea, only dedicated to Main Sickbay and what happens there.

CH06 Battle Log: Operation 'Return to Sender' [D03|1340]
This is a mid-battle boarding mission, in which the Reman shuttle Apache will try to get aboard Gorka's Negh'var ship, the IKC Ta'rom. The Lone Wolves have provided an opening for the Apache to slip into the Klingon ship's shuttle bay in the Battle Log Danger Zone, so good luck with the mission! If there is anything writers in the other Battle Logs or in the main Chapter 06 thread needs to know, make sure to tell them when and what happens.

CH06 Battle Log: Q'onoS Bound and Down [D03|1101]
This thread started earlier than the others, but with the travel time, the events in this thread - set on the Sabine - are now concurrent with the Battle of the Houses. If you are curious about how it goes with the ambition to deliver Martok to the First City, I recommend you keep tabs on this one. In fact, with a recent arrival of a ship in this thread, recruitment is about to open up soon, so stay tuned while I make preparations for that announcement. I will need to get some wiki stuff sorted in preparation as well, but I look forward to opening the gates once more.

These Battle Logs are Supplemental threads like the others, only named Battle Logs and pinned to the top of the Advent of War board as of now. If you want to join the fray, go right ahead!

If I missed any thread that should also be a Battle Log, let me know! I look forward to the development, and I will be posting next in Veiled Valiance and in the main Battle of the Houses thread. :)

Hope you all will have a great weekend!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder