Skip to main content
Topic: CH02: S [D01|1910] Keeping up with the Js (Read 1901 times) previous topic - next topic

CH02: S [D01|1910] Keeping up with the Js

[Ens Jaya Thorn | Jennifer & Jaya | JJ | Boredom Makes You Get Desperate]
@Auctor Lucan

==One. Torture. Session. Later.==

Boredom

How has it been only ten damn minutes.  Ugh.  I need to fly.  Can we go play something.  Paintball.  Explore the ship.  Pranks on the Savi.  Shuffleboard.  Somethinnnnnnnng.

Boredom did not suit Thorne well at all.  She rested with her feet up on her black console screen.  Leaning back in her helm seat and staring up at the ceiling.  She was bored.  She played some counting games.  Sung really bad songs in her head.  But she was still bored.  So when Dewitt finally had enough of seeing the inside of the Bridge on the Allegiant and decided to vacate the premises she had a shadow following her.

As they stepped off the Allegiant and onto the floor of the Aerodome, Jaya let out a long whistle and gave a bit of a nod.  "You think they'd let me borrow their interior decorator.  Everything is so sleak, I bet it'd be fun having a water balloon fight in here, slip, slide.. water party.  Hey that would pass some time right, you, me, the crew, the fighter pilots, the engineers, we could set up some good old forts and blast each other from across the dome .. no?  Aw, you're a fuddy duddy when you're Captain Jennifer Dewitt." she nudged the red head with her elbow.

"Where's your sense of adventure, of mischief.  Maybe we could even teach the Savi a thing or two about fun, they walk around with sticks in their asses and that can't be fun." she chuckled looking out over the deck again.  "Hey did you ever see that old movie where aliens were allergic to water and it killed them?  Do you think it could be true?  Should we test it?  For science, c'mon we can totally pass it off for science." she chuckled.

Thorne was in a fine mood today.  Playful, but fine.

Re: CH02: S[D01|1910] Keeping up with the Js

Reply #1
[ Lt Cmdr. Jennifer Dewitt | Bridge> Aerodrome | USS Allegiant > Erudite ]
[Show/Hide]
Gaining a shadow when she left the bridge and headed for the airlock, Dewitt turned her head to find Jaya Thorne there, following her outside. Jennifer had meant to stretch her legs and perhaps ask to speak with this Voice that she'd yet to exchange words with, and if nothing else see the insides of the big alien ship they were on, but when the breath of fresh air that she'd known from the Black Opal tagged along, she decided she'd rather trade words with her rather than the dour aliens that were giving them a lift to Breen space.

"Yeah, I see what you mean," she said with a small smirk and put her hands on her hips, looking around at the enormous space of the deck. It seemed to be a flight deck for countless research vessels and Initiator-class interceptors, all neatly lined up in the slots in the darkness. "Though I hardly think we're in a position to procrastinate in such a fashion, Thorne."

Nudged and being called out for being a spoilsport, Jennifer could but chuckle and shake her head at the Ensign's antics. Then the idea came to actually spray water on the Savi to see if they might have some chemical reaction to it, which both made Jennifer's eyebrows shoot up and also cause her to laugh. "Jaya! Not so loud, they might change their minds and make us guinea pigs for all I know." She cleared her throat and couldn't quite keep the amused smile off her face as she smoothed her uniform over her sides. She looked around to make sure none of the aliens were too close, and the only ones she could spot were far off along the sides of the bay, working on... whatever the Savi did with their small craft and interceptors. Likely what they did themselves with their own shuttles and warp fighters, she presumed.

"Hey," she said and looked at the somewhat shorter woman, with her lightly scarred face and brown eyes - hair in her usual pony-tail. "Thank you for agreeing to come along with me again. I know flying this scout ship has been fun for you - I know how you live for flying - but it's not been the most easy of times, going against all the odds and us both surviving by the skin of our teeth."

It was true. Thorne, while she'd still been a Petty Officer, had run all the shuttle operations on the Black Opal, and she'd done her utmost to not be bored, small as the station had been. Jennifer could imagine she must feel like a bird being let out of her cage, coming to serve on the Theurgy instead. Nonetheless, after Starbase 84, all the strife in the Azure Nebula, and ending off with halting the Borg Invasion had all truly been trying times.

"You should know I'm grateful, for you being there, even if I might not been the most inspiring CO on the Opal, and despite what I had to do about Trent. When I got this mission, my immediate thought was to come to you, and I am glad you are still prepared to do this one more time."

Smiling, she winked at the woman, now an Ensign and Line Officer in her own right. "You want to see just how stiff-assed these Savi are? I thought I might have a chat with their leader. You up for it?"

Reply #2
[Ens Jaya Thorne | Procrastination is my Middle Name | Keep me Entertained | Time to Meet the Snows]
@Auctor Lucan

Dewitt needed to remember what it was like to loosen up.  To open up herself to embracing life.  Thorne liked to live her life to the fullest.  She didn't want to live her life regretting things that she should have done she was a very fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants girl except when she was actually flying.. but honestly.. even then it could be like that.  She just liked to enjoy herself and know that when she died, probably in some great spectacular explosion or crashing beautifully into some kind of planet or even better taking out a bad guy in a game of space chicken.

All were viable options she was okay with.  As long as it wasn't something stupid and boring like a heart attack, lack of air, .. airlock incident. 

To watch the horror come across the face of her good friend, was perfect and it was exactly the reaction she not only expected but had hoped to drive out of Jen.  Jen had her panties in a twist almost non stop when she was on mission.  Jaya was the opposite, she didn't even have panties on, so they couldn't possibly be twisted at the moment.  But, the main thing was, she wanted Jen to loosen up.  Yes, they were on mission but there was no reason that it couldn't be enjoyable in it's own right.  And besides it wasn't like she was armed with a water hose and weren't they scientists?  The snowballs?  They could appreciate some scientific spray down, right?

“Well I don't know about you but I'd be the hottest damn guinea pig they'd ever seen.  I might even squeak.” she gave a shoulder shrug and grinned over at her friend.  “Besides, don't the snowballs like do science?  Isn't that what gives them hardons and orgasms?  They'd totally be fine to be sprayed down in the name of Science, I'm almost certain, but I think maybe we just do it and ask forgiveness later..” she said, she was totally joking but someone had to lighten up the situation and it was a mantle that Jaya was willing to take.

Jen spoke, saying 'hey'.  Thorne scrunched up her nose in a cut fashion.  “You're about to get serious now aren't you?” she said almost pouting.  Sure enough, there was Jen being all serious Dewitt again, and telling her that she appreciated that they were in this together.  That flying the scout was fun, and how Throne lived for the feel of that big stick in her hands, but still they had survived through a lot and now they were here again together. 

“Well look.  First.  I can't just let anyone fly Jennifer Dewitt, Mutinist, Acting Captain, Extrodinaire around, because that's my damn job.  Secondly, we're tight, we do this together.  Third, if you're going to get Snowballed out here, I'm doing it too because .. you're not allowed to have fun without me.  Except that El-Aurian chick, that one is all yours...” she teased giving the woman another nudge with her body this time because it was fun to be doing this. Thorne was in a great mood, she had gotten to fly and would get to fly more as they got to their destination.

Dewitt admitted she was grateful. “Of course you are, buy me pretty things.” she teased again, and brushed her bangs out of her face, Thone was not always good at serious conversations.  She could be, but for the most part she liked to keep things light.  “Trent deserved to have his balls severed and hung on the windshield of the Theurgy, he's lucky they were kept.” she admitted.  “He was a disgusting, pandering, weak willed, mother fucker and I'm not sad you did what you did.”

“One more time?”  That caught Jaya's attention.  “Girl this better NOT be the last time you come to me asking for me to fly with you or I'll be chasing you around and pelting you with whatever I can get my hands on.  This is a team, so unless you're planning a walk off, or dying, you better put those words right back in your damn mouth.”

Forgetting all of that 'one more time' business, Jaya put her arms up over her head and stretched out her arms and shoulders before Dewitt asked if she wanted to go and see how stiff assed the Snowballs were.  “Hell yeah.  I wonder if I can get one to laugh, I am pretty stellar at conversation.  I'm a gem of Starfleet, lets go, it's his honor to meet me.” she said hooking her arm with Jen's as they started across the deck.

Reply #3
[ Lt Cmdr. Jennifer Dewitt | Aerodrome | Erudite ]
[Show/Hide]
As expected, Jaya took all she'd said in perfect stride and never missed an opportunity to make light of anything. It was truly a gift, to roll with anything thrown her way, and Jennifer envied this ability.

Command, and her sense of loyalty to a higher cause - of putting the greater picture in a perspective where the repercussions for herself were secondary - precluded her from letting her hair down too much, even though she might seize such opportunities if they came her way. Like with Zyrao Natauna - whom Jaya didn't fail to bring up, causing her to clear her throat a bit with a rueful smile - or Ensign Eloi-Danvers, whom once or twice had made innuendos on her own about their little adventure in that massage parlour. She hadn't heard from Thomas Ravon since well before that, so she reckoned the pilot thought himself fully taught, or he'd found a new tutor - someone who might have even more to teach about being in Command than she did?

Aside from those rare times, her own stay at Aldea had been a tightly scheduled endeavour in keeping the Aldean Defence Committee happy with the efforts of the Theurgy crew to help the KDF and their scientists. She couldn't have been more relieved with the diplomats on the Theurgy getting a real Department Head in Rutherford, since they needed someone who truly believed everything could be solved through diplomacy. Dewitt didn't, and it had little to do with her original career in Tactical, before she got promoted and was sent to the Black Opal.

"I misspoke, obviously," she said with a chuckle as they walked, arm in arm, down the Aerodrome. "We're a team. We have a scout ship and a mission, which grants far more enjoyment than anything we had on the Opal. I bet you ten replicator rations that you won't make the Voice smile, though. He's just too... alien, I believe."

It might be a bet she lost, for all she knew, but it made for some enjoyment in the otherwise somewhat... intimidating prospect of speaking with the rebel leader of the Antecedents. In any case, they soon reached one of the Savi working on the research vessel deck, and she made her inquiry.

"May I please speak with Admiral Echtand qi Versant?" she asked, politely enough, but formally enough to not be dismissed out of hand. "I'm Jennifer Dewitt, Commanding Officer of the Allegiant and leading the away mission to Breen space. I want to make sure we still have an open line of communication to the Theurgy."

The worker turned his black eyes towards them, studied them for a moment as they were monkeys that had escaped out of their pen at the zoo, before he raised his wrist and tapped his data tablet. "I have notified the Voice," said the tall alien in the black suit, and was about to return to his work when there was a chirp from the tablet on his wrist. He glanced at it, as if surprised, and then tapped it once more. It made a light shine from the communicator, and out of that light, a holo-image of the Voice appeared before Jennifer and Jaya. The Antecedent they had just spoken to stood there, idly, while the tablet projected the Voice's image.

[Lieutenant Commander Dewitt,] said Echtand through the link, as he was likely somewhere else entirely on the large Savi dreadnought. He turned his head towards Jaya, and it took him a mere moment, it seemed, to summon the likely name for her, likely having reviewed the crew manifest of the Allegiant. [Ensign Thorne. You wished to speak?]

Before Jennifer had taken a breath, however, Jaya beat her to it.

Reply #4
[Ens Jaya Thorne | Suggestion Box | Questions Comments &  Concerns | Snowglobes]
@Auctor Lucan

It was never wise to bet with a girl who had almost no filter.  Sure, she knew, mostly, when you weren't supposed to say things.  The times it was time to curb your tongue, things like that.  However, she had to admit that she had never really allowed that to help guide herself.  No, if anything she almost went against the norms just to spite the situation.  Nothing would be different here, there was a reason she wasn't asked to be a diplomatic officer, but she was the sort of person that through her personality could light up a room or even make a comfortable connection with others because she had no filter.  Because she wasn't afraid to say things.  Because she was comfortable in her own skin and people could tell that was the case.

So when Jennifer decided to bet her, that she couldn't get the Snow-head to laugh, or even smile, she could not help but take the bet.  “Ten replicator rations...” she pursed her lips and grinned.  “Fine, but it's ten replicator rations, a bottle of legit booze, and I get to sit in the captain's seat at least once in the next three days.  For a little while, not like.. down and up.” she said with a grin, Jaya was the sort that liked to get everything she could out of life and so she figured it couldn't hurt to see what she could get out of this situation.

As they headed to one of the other aliens, she asked if they could speak to Echtand.  Then, just so that no one was being a dick about it (because these were asshole aliens) she explained who she was just in case it came to question.  She had a true feeling that these aliens didn't really like them, so much as tolerated them because of the assistance before.  Jaya had her hands in her pockets, waiting a moment, to figure out when it was time to jump in, but she might as well just enjoy herself.

“You don't have to look at us like you might catch cooties.  We've had all our shots.” she reminded the thing with a shrug as though that was part of normal conversation.  The alien turned around and was about to start working when she found that there was a chirp, and the alien turned around.  There was the holo-image of the Voice there, and she rose her brow.  He gave Jen's name and then her own and said something about them wishing to speak.

“Wait.  We don't rate an in person experience here?  I'm disappointed, you've lost a star, and that means you're down to four stars your customer service leaves a lot to be desired.”  She said with a sigh as though she was truly disappointed, which lasted for exactly .05 seconds and then she perked back up.  “But, I have a way you can make it up to me.  Because I know you, you're a stellar guy, and you'll want to keep that star rating at a five minimum.  So I'm thinking.  You guys, us guys, water gun fight.  We can have teams, make barricades, do like a cool water warfare.  No one gets anything but a great shower.”

There, it was out there, she was curious if it would work.  Jaya watched the alien's face like a hawk for a while.  She was hopeful. 

Reply #5
[ Echtand qi Versant | Main Research Vessel Bay | Aerodrome | The Erudite ] Attn: @BZ
[Show/Hide]
Before the notification had reached him, Echtand had been in communication with the rest of the rebel Flotilla.

The Scion High Council were rallying the ships loyal to their Code, just like Echtand was gaining attention from the Antecedents to adhere to the Old Code - the one which all Savi once had followed before the Scions had led their species astray. The explanation for this errant behaviour, offered by the Theurgy's logs on the Versant, was the phenomenon that possessed humanoids of many species. All of them becoming a part of a malevolent conclave known as the Infested. Judging by Echtand's findings, most - if not all - of the Scions in the High Council were possessed by this phenomenon. He could but theorise as to why this was, but the immediate conclusion was that either they had all sought this on their own accord... or they were responsible for the phenomenon to begin with.

Had their experiments gone too far? Could the Scions have made some kind of breach into the dimension where the darkness dwelt? If that was the case, perhaps the Scion Directive wasn't the new Cataclysm they had brought upon themselves. It might just have been the beginning of something that would affect the entire Galaxy.

Troubled by this as he was, the distraction was both welcome and not, when the Commanding Officer of the Theurgy's scout ship sought to speak with him. He terminated all the other holographic screens before himself - in what used to have been the Scion's Nest on the Erudite - and opened a feed to the messenger, allowing him to project himself before the Starfleet officers, and to have them projected on the deck before him as well. He'd spoken, expecting a reply from the one named Dewitt, but the lower ranking officer had spoken in her stead...

...and offered perplexing suggestions that caused him to frown. Dealing with Federation specimens tended to be a challenge, but he would do his best to decipher their manners. After all, he'd studied their cultures for years, and knew their language.

"It is stated in the Code that all Savi must abide to cleanliness," he began, the word 'shower' standing out as it was a known function, but he suspected that this was not the intent. Was this humour on the Ensign's behalf? Was it even at the expense of him and his people? He could but guess, and suspected that he may have to avoid further confusion. Before he could, the messenger who's data tablet enabled the line of holo-communication made the custom emphasis of his words.

[It is stated.] From his vantage point, he couldn't see the worker in the Aerodrome, merely hearing his disembodied words.

"I am afraid I cannot accommodate your wish for 'cool watery warfare'," he continued, unsure what this was. "I also apologise for not speaking to you in person. If you would be so inclined, I can have you transported here."

[All right,] said Commander Dewit, with a glance towards the Antecedent off-screen as if she found it awkward to just have the worker standing there and acting as lifeless projector. [We'd take that offer.]

"A moment," said Echtand and accessed the transporter controls, locked on to the two female Humans and had them vanish from the Aerodrome. The next second, the two of them appeared a couple of meters away, standing with him on the vast deck of the old Scion's Nest, which might still be as dimly lit as it used to be before the Scion had been killed, but the area had been turned into Echtand's command centre. He used it when he wasn't in the command seat on the Bridge Module to lead the rebellion. The metal pillars were like a sparse forest around them, encompassed by the tall walls and their terraces, all offering laboratory equipment and technology, but Echtand seldom had time for research since he had taken charge of the rebel fleet.

"We will be arriving to Breen space within the hour," Echtand said, his voice having a faint echo given the spacious environment the two Starfleet officers had been beamed into. "Did you have any concerns?"

"We..." said Dewitt as she glanced at the pillars in the darkness, "wish to make sure we can still communicate with the Theurgy, Admiral. Have your transponder on the Theurgy been tested since it was installed?"

"Of course, do you wish to send a message?" said Echtand quietly, for while he might have felt offended at the distrust, he could also understand it. He was one of the Savi who grasped how poorly the Theurgy crew might perceive his people, since he'd been on the Versant when some of their crew had been abducted.

Reply #6
[Ens Jaya Thorne | Tingles | Hide And Seek | Snow balls In Person]
@Auctor Lucan

He could not accommodate her idea.  She was not surprised but at the same time she had really hoped that they at least had a fun bone in their body.  Now, it was scientifically proven that they did not.  You could be the greatest Scientific race in the universe and still have fun, but apparently, they were still too full of themselves or perhaps they didn't know how to have fun. Perhaps they had forgotten.  That was a shame and if Jaya had more time on board she would most definitely try to help them remember what it was like to have fun, to live a little, maybe being under control of the Buggy-Dudes they had forgotten everything good about life. 

“Yet.  You forgot to put 'yet'.” she told Echtand.  “You cannot accommodate my wish for 'cool watery warfare' yet.'” she grinned.

They were heading off towards where ever he was.  She felt the familiar but different tingle as her body was taken to another location on the ship.  As she materialized she looked around.  “The last time I tingled like that it was in my bedroom.” she said without thinking about it as she looked around at the massive metal pillars that shot from the floor up to the ceiling of the deck like a metallic forest.  Echtand stood there, and finally caught her eye away from the metallic trees as she looked over at the being in front of her.  Way more creepy in person than he had been... she had  no idea how that Engineering Chief had befriended someone like this but she supposed that was a story she would never know about.

Echtand admitted that they would be arriving within the hour and asked if they had any concerns.  “I do.” Jaya said without missing a beat.  “When was the last time you played hide and seek in here.  Wait, better question, when is the last time that you've ever done a game.. had fun.. enjoy life?”

Dewitt was far more seriously  She wanted to know about the communications and if it was still available for the them and the Theurgy.  Echtand told them that everything was still working properly and asked if they needed to send a message.  He seemed a little put off and Jaya knew that it might be a good idea if she actually took a little bit of the strain off the conversation.  Jaya couldn't read the man's face, but she could tell his body language was something else.  A slight tightening of his body might be tension, or it might be something else.  She wasn't actually sure.

“Well, I was wondering if you had pets.  You see, humans, and many other cultures have pets, little dogs, cats, rats, mice.. all kinds of things like that.  But I never see any animals here so I am deadly curious if you guys have some pets.  Some kind of companionship!  You know.. Fluffy, how was your day, you're such a good boy, lets get some dinner together... you know that kind of thing.”

Reply #7
[ Echtand qi Versant | Main Research Vessel Bay | Aerodrome | The Erudite ] Attn: @BZ
[Show/Hide]
The offer to send a message was met with a shake of Commander Dewitt's head, which in a way a sign of good faith towards Ectabd and his people's word. If this alliance between the Antecedent rebel fleet and the Theurgy's mission, based in the opposition of their common enemy, were to last, then there would have to be a modicum of trust between them. Captain Ives had not been willing to send Doctor Nicander along on the mission of the Allegiant, and Echtand was not entirely sure what the rationale had been for that. In one way, the Theurgy might have usage of other vision of the Doctor's, just like the Savi rebels, but it hadn't been entirely clear if there was also an element of distrust towards Echtand and his people, in that they might exploit the Doctor for their own needs alone, and abandon the accord they had struck with the Theurgy.

In the end, Echtand supposed that alliances were not made in mere days, but would need some time to develop. It was something he'd studied, even if it was nigh unprecedented in the history of his people. Only the Asurians had held some manner of grounds similar to the Theurgy, and in this new alliance, the Asurian Queen might decide to side with the Scion High Council. This, of course, because of the fate they had suffered in the outcome of the Battle of Starbase 84.

The other Human - Ensign Thorne - led an inquiry into the culture of Savi, and if they enjoyed anything akin to what Federation citizens did. It was not easy to answer, but he could feel a sense of amusement in her persistence. Was there inherent value to antics such as those she mentioned? Was there novelty for scientists to engage in play once more?

Once more, he thought, because his answer might intrigue her.

"The Scion Directive has dampened our identity, honed us to exclusively focus on the research. Yet as we unravel the culture pushed upon us by the edits of our Code, we find new meanings and understanding in the Old Code on a daily basis," he said, and he wondered just how interested she was to know about these findings. Relevant to her question, however, was the keeping of beings with affectionate value in the Flotilla. "We have yet to find if we kept 'pets' for sake of entertainment or because we enjoyed their company. Should that be the case, then my answer is. 'we used to have pets'. I simply do not know yet. All I know is, of course that at present, we do not. I assume they would have served as a distraction from our research, and hence they were not present during these past one hundred years led under the Scion Directive."

"How is the state of affairs in the rebellion?" asked Dewitt, the smile she'd worn when the discussion of animal companionship came up now fading a bit.

"We have lot ships to the Scion High Council, and we have gained some; the message of the Old Code making more and more Antecedents questioning the present state in the Flotilla. When the conflict between current and forgotten doctrine comes to a head, it's oft a matter about the individual ship and whether or not the Antecedents can wrest the ship from the Scions or not. It is still too early to tell if this rebellion will survive, but we do hold two of the Precept-class ships - this as well as the Versant. Hope is yet lost, that we will reclaim our identity as a species, and overthrow the High Council."

"I see," said Dewitt, contemplative, "for what it is worth. Good luck."

"My thanks," he replied and then glanced towards the Ensign. "Would that be all?"

Reply #8
[Ens Jaya Thorne | Science Schmience | The Most Boring Answer in the World |  I'll Take a Nap for 500]
@Auctor Lucan

Of course, the man dove straight into the question, though without gusto, it was merely something along the lines of straight up information.  Nothing that actually gave her any insight into who they were and what they were like.  She supposed that the people being as up tight as they were, didn't have time for cute fuzzy or perhaps cold and scaly pets.  Instead, they preferred to spend all their free time toiling away and doing absolutely nothing besides work, and probably have sex, because there were tiny Snow Headed Bastards so there had be some kind of fornication.  Though they probably made that some kind of business transaction as well.

“I will now place my erect penis inside your vaginal cavity.”

“Yes, we shall procreate now.”

“I shall continue rhythmic motions until the ejaculate has been achieved.”

“This is most pleasing, the egg is in the proper position to receive your fertilization.”

“Fertilization complete.”

“Thank you.”

“Of course, we must further the race.”

“We must.”

That was exactly how it went, at least in Jaya's head.

While she was day dreaming about the most boring sex in the universe, Vulcans had moved down to second place, she found herself listening to Dewitt at the White Man talk about things that Thorne didn't really need to know about.  However, as he turned his attention back to her, and asked if there was anything else, Jaya wondered if she dared.  There was so much she wanted to know, but she also knew the big man was probably pretty busy but at the same time, a bet had been made and she sure as hell wasn't going to go without giving it another shot.

“So, okay, here we go.  After the mission, I'm calling, game on.  You pick five of your best most agile Savi friends, and Me and Jen will pick four of our own.  You can be the white team, we'll be the red team.  Meet in the Aerodome for some good old fashioned fun.  Now I know I know, you haven't checked the old code to see if fun is allowed.  That's okay, you'll be forgiven, the old code is like that, besides, the old cold was written by old Savi who knew how to actually have fun, tell a joke, kick back when the getting was good.  So!  Lets get in touch with your roots, lets have some fun.  So .. you game for a game, ol buddy?  I think you'll have a blast and then you can merge Old Code and New Code to like a even Better Code and everyone will be happy!” she grinned a inner light in her face that Echtand had probably not often encountered before. 

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]
The primate woman was quite persistent and persuasive, Echtand had to give her that. He found his dour mien animated in a thin-lipped smile, and he inclined his head.

"Very well, challenge accepted - our civil war permitting," he said, and then he lifted his left wrist to issue the transporter command into his data tablet. It took him a mere couple of seconds before she'd locked on to their lifesigns in the Scion's Nest and issued the site-to-site transport back to the Aerodrome and their scoutship.

[ Lt Cmdr. Jennifer Dewitt | Aerodrome | Erudite ]
[Show/Hide]
When they materialised outside the Allegiant, on the deck of the Aerodrome, Jennifer turned to Jaya. "Well, I am not sure that counts as a smile. How could you tell if it was?" she asserted with a smile and folded her arms underneath her breasts. "He might just have had stomach problems, eating that black utricle go they insist on slurping all the time."

In any case, she was glad Jaya was with her on the mission. Having her with her was almost nostalgic, even if the years spent on the Opal was a difficult matter for her, given the events that had her end up in command of the damn rock.

"Hey, remember when Edgar was caught in Morwen Angharad quarters, both of them missing their shift? The Opal couldn't stop talking about it for months, and they did nothing to make it less funny," she said and set her step back onto the scoutship. She would take the time to speak of less pressing matters when she could, given the mission on hand. Infested and bombs, Breen and war. No, now was the time to speak of other things, whilst they still could.

OOC: One last from your end? :)

Reply #10
[Ens. Jaya Thorne | Got It! | I Win! | You're On Dewitt!]
@Auctor Lucan

Oh there was nothing that could discount the way that his odd lips twitched in probably the first smile in the last 100 years of Savi life.  There it was, she won. She shot a victorious grin over at Jen who seemed to be in denial, that was fine, she had seen it and she knew that Jen had as well.  That was all that mattered.  And it seemed that her persistence paid off because now she was getting an agreement to having fun from Echtand.  A small group of Savi against a small group of the Federation officers.  Already, Jaya was thinking about the people that she had seen on the ship.  He told her that job willing he was down for the game and she grinned at him which turned into a full smile.

“Fantastic, I look forward to it!”

He then transported them back to the Aerodome where they had come from and immediately she spun on Dewitt giving her a right grin.  Waiting for the verdict, she knew Dewitt too well to know that she was going to try to deny what she had seen with her own eyes but she also knew that Jaya was not the sort that was going to let this stuff just fade away.  What happened had happened and there was no way that Jen was getting out of the brilliant bridge that Jaya had just built between the Federation and the Savi.  It was one of those high tech metal modern structures that was beautiful and elaborate and took a lot of convincing from the locals to get done but it was done and she was pretty damn proud of it.

“The lips moved in an upward direction, if you try to tell me otherwise I'm going to tell V you need your eyes checked.” she pointed at her with a grin, totally not letting any of this go.  It was a huge success and one that Jaya totally deserved a patch for on her uniform.  She would have to put in a petition to Ives on that regard especially if the Federation won the first ever Savi water balloon fight.

“It was not gas!” she said elbowing her friend in her stomach lightly and playfully.  “You know what you saw, you're just in denial that my charm is just that strong. It's okay, many have tried to quantify my sheer charm before and failed, I'll just add you to the growing list of people that underestimated my true potential.” Jaya winked.

As they walked back towards the Allegiant, she smiled as Jen reminded her about Edgar and Morwen.  “Well thats what happens when you get caught skipping shift and doing odd things with your antenae honestly what did they expect, they were beading it!  Like.. remember the bright neon colors, and then she had like.. every other bead was a glow in the dark one so every time the lights flickered it would start glowing... and then you had Edgar with matching beads in his hair.. he tried so hard to hide them, but despite the sheer length of his hair after the first day we could hear that clacking sound and finally remember when Eric finally went over there and grabbed him by the hair and held it up like a trophy.” she laughed as she stepped on the gang plank with her best friend.

“I still remember when the old Bolian bastard got caught sniffing the shoes of the Chief Engineer when he went to take a shower in mid shift after one of the hydraulic lines burst all over him.” she laughed shaking her head.  “They called him Sniffer for the next year straight.  Heck he probably still is.” she grinned giving a shrug. 

“I'm glad we're together here though, I like it a bit better than ol' O.” she said as she looked over at her bestie.  “Come on lets get some rest while we can.  I'll come with you, otherwise you won't sleep and you'll try to sneak work, and that's unacceptable.” she said slipping her hand in Jen's and leading her to the Quarters the woman used on the Allegiant.

-FIN-

Simple Audio Video Embedder