Skip to main content
Topic: Final Award Nominations 2021 (Read 3095 times) previous topic - next topic

Final Award Nominations 2021

FINAL AWARD NOMINATIONS 2021

Nominations for two new Writing Awards are now open until the 2nd of December, where two separate polls will be posted soon afterwards for the two award categories and their nominated scenes respectively.

This time the awards are these:

Often we see the completion of a character's life; yet this character's story has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. The writer not only willingly self-terminated their character, but did so in a dramatic and/or endearing way. The ending must be in "a blaze of glory" with superior epic or poetic quality.

Earlier Recipient (Not Eligible): @Brutus & @chXinya 

This award is nominated by anyone, but only handed out once every second year to the most outstanding writers in the sim.

Earlier Recipient (Not Eligible): @Brutus

NOMINATION RULES

Those who make a nomination in the Final Award Nominations 2021 will receive 1 Story Token. Here are the rules for Award Nominations:

• Nominations should be posted in the announced nomination thread posted on the forum (here). Anonymous nominations may be made to the Game Moderator via PM on the forum, who will then post the nomination in the nomination thread.
  • Nominations are to be made before the announced nomination time expires.
  • Nominations may be made by any member that isn't an Applicant.
  • Self-nominations are not permitted.
  • There is no limit to the number of nominations one can make (but will not get extra Tokens).
  • Prior winners of the same award are not eligible.
  • Each nomination should include a motivation. The nomination write-up is 50 words minimum and should concentrate on why the recipient(s) specifically is/are deserving of the award. You should always include one or multiple links.

All nominations will be added to the polls that will determine the winner of the awards. 

NOMINATION FORM

• Forum Name of Nominee(s):
  • Primary Reason for Nomination:
  • Secondary Reason for Nomination (Optional):
  • Motivation & Links (50 words minimum):

Of course, you should only make nominations where at least one of the writers are still an active writer on the forum. There is no need to nominate scenes or a species where the writer(s) that wrote it have already left the sim.

I look forward to reading your nominations here in this thread! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Re: Final Award Nominations 2021

Reply #1
Blaze Of Glory Award
Forum Name of Nominee: @Auctor Lucan
Primary Reason for Nomination: A lack of notable deaths.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): Epilogue: Inverse Soul
My nomination for Lucan is for the death of the NPC Sonja Acreth. When I first came across this post, I was cataloguing "death" posts for the Memorial wall page, and it struck me in the reading how helpless the character was in those final moments, knowing that she had held the future in her hands but had lost it and so doomed the galaxy to a repeated loop once again. My hat is off to you Auctor for your prose.

Blaze Of Glory Award
Forum Name of Nominee: @Nolan
Primary Reason for Nomination: A lack of notable deaths.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): Epilogue: Inverse Soul
Nolan, where to begin. You and Brutus make up the old guard of writers that are still present with the sim even coming up on 10 years later. And though her death was quiet, Edena's passing allowed for the birth of another character, Amelya Rez, nee Duv. What better meaning behind death than to bring about new life from it.

The Golden Chevron
Forum Name of Nominee: @P.C. Haring
Primary Reason for Nomination: For being a great writer and an even better bloke.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): It seems like so much longer than a year since P.C joined us here aboard the Theurgy. And it certainly hasn't been an easy year, as all of us can attest too. And yet, throughout it all, P.C, from the moment of his arrival and adoption of Hathev, and written to a standard, and maintained that standard, that we should all aspire too. His efforts over the past 365 days are, by the very definition of the word, OUTSTANDING!  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Reply #2
The Golden Chevron

Forum Name of the Nominee: @stardust
Primary Reason for Nomination: For bringing so much to Theurgy that it’s hard to quantify.
Second Reason for Nomination: For acting as an inspiration and incentive for her writing partners to want to improve their own contributions.
Motivation & Links: I think it’s clear that my estimation of Stardust as a writer is unparalleled, and that I genuinely believe her stewardship of the written English language to be beyond the measure of any of us. Her use of often-times poetic description to affect a profound visualization in whatever scene or interaction she is writing is truly uncanny, and really lends itself to the story being told. You find yourself lost in the words as you’re reading them and awe-struck by how they so effectively encapsulate the scenery and emotionality of the moment. I find myself learning new and intriguing symbolism whenever I read her writing, which in turn inspires me to want to discover and create my own unique symbolism for whatever it is I’m in turn writing. I’ve seen a similar effect as I read the posts that her various partners have made, wherein you can see how the wheels are turning on their end to try and experiment and explore the depths of their own mind and vocabulary. It’s awesome! It’s the kind of presence that you absolutely have to have in a SIM of any kind, and I’m forever grateful that I’ve had an opportunity to write opposite her in a number of threads, just as I think many others are. But the effect that Stardust has on this SIM goes way beyond the profundity of her writing, for instance the characters she’s brought to bear; each very unique and fulfilling a very different but important role. I can’t even imagine where or how the story of the previous episode would’ve ended up without her willingness to at times direct it in a meaningful direction with the use of Samantha Rutherford; and Stellan, he’s the sort of pseudo-villain that will be paying dividends for years thanks to the manner in which he’s paired with other characters, I can only hope we will someday get to see the ultimate pay-off that he represents. But again, Stardust’s contributions go even further; her creation of an intricate design of the interior of a Type-10 Shuttle, the illustration of a number of characters in images she herself has made and contributed, the always fun presence she provides on the Discord server. She’s an asset to the SIM worth mention, and well worth the recognition of being nominated, if not awarded the Golden Chevron.

Seriously, just take a few minutes look through Samantha Rutherford, Stellan Foster, or the backlog of Discord.

Reply #3
Blaze Of Glory Award
Forum Name of Nominee: @Ellen Fitz
Primary Reason for Nomination: I'm always a fan of Ellen's writing, and having her kill off a Cold War era cross was fascinating to me.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): For the love of Alice while being an AU thread is very much worth of this award. sure, it doesn't have main story implications, but I do adore the way in which it was done. And due to the dearth of *actual* deaths, hey, why not right? I think it was very well done, and it was an enjoyable piece of writing. Read it, you'll all love it.
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,3225.0.html

Simple Audio Video Embedder