Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1200 hrs.] Freezer Burn (Read 8477 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 02 [1200 hrs.] Freezer Burn

Reply #25
[ Nurse Hylota Vojona | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Numen 
[Show/Hide]

As they went through the exercise routine and worked to stretch out Khorin's muscles, slowly bringing back his range of mobility, Hylota made sure to keep in mind that she would need to still have Khorin stop and rest as his body would likely begin to face the fatigue and strain of the stretching and eventually his body would begin to protest the activity, she recalled some of her early basic lessons, of how if you raised an arm long enough it would eventually just lose its strength and go limp. The body did have its fail-safes to ensure that one did not destroy itself.

As Khorin then got up and began to grow his ego once more and began to do more and more stretches Hylota decided this was the time to speak up. "Alright, you should be a bit careful there, you are beginning to wear out you body much faster than you think, your muscles and tendons are not used to this level of work any more, you should not push yourself too far so soon it might not end well for you." She got up and moved close so that she could be there in case things began to go south and Khorin lost his footing, besides she did not want to risk him hurting his head by falling to the floor.

As expected Khorin's body began to give out, to help ensure his safety and to make sure that Khorin's ego was not harmed in this pivotal time, it was important to have herself in position just in case. As she moved into a position behind Khorin, Hylota took a braced pose so that she would be able to catch Khorin if needed. "Are you alright? Just lean back and let me help you down if you feel your legs giving out. You are going to need to rest your body for a brief while. You have made great progress so far with how much damage you are recovering from. After this I think we will get you up on the treadmill for some walking to help get your legs more accustomed to use once more. But for now we need to give it a short break."

Reply #26
[ Lt. JG Khorin Douglas | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy]
[Show/Hide]
Attn: @Zenozine

Khorin gave a piercing gaze to Hylota, but he said nothing. He simply growled deeply his pain and frustration. To his respect,the nurse seemed able to read his body much better than himself, which amazed and annoyed him equally. He resented having lost  the control of his own body, being a slave to the whims of muscles that didn't conform to his wishes, but given the situation, it was ideal that whoever was in charge of his recovery was someone sensible and honourable. Clever enough to know when quiet his shame and gently rebuke his excessive enthusiasm. The half-Klingon had found few people who could deal so aptly with his tempestuous nature, which told lot about the nurse's merit.

So, when the she got behind him, he let her hold him, giving a break to his battered muscles. He remained like this for a while, hanging like a frayed rag from the small figure of Hylota, while the pain slowly subsided. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before returning to stand firmly on his feet. The ache was still a dull memory beneath his tender skin and strained muscles, but he overcame it gritting his teeth and frowning decisively. "yInDayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ, now I understand life better" He said after a soft chuckle. Khorin stared at the nurse from top to bottom, assessing his options facing her proposal to sit down. Finally, he shook his head, so that his wild mane ended up forming a wet waterfall half hiding his face. "No, I'll stay on my feet, I just need a little break," he lied. He needed a BIG break. Maybe he could sit himself on the floor and fall on his side, panting, until the pain or himself succumbs. But that was not what a warrior did, that was not the way a member of House Mo'Kai managed to move on. He had seen his uncle, his father's older brother, survive and thrive with a mutilation that most Klingons would consider worthy of ritual suicide. He couldn't be less, having all the Federation medicine on his side. He oughted to be at the level of his relatives, and top of the standards that  he had marked for himself.

Finally, when he recovered from the last betrayal of his body, he turned to the nurse with a cocky smile on his lips. "I'm fine, I'm fine now," he said, dropping a paw-like hand on Hylota's shoulder to use her as support. "Take the lead, i'll follow you." It wasn't something he usually said outside the cockpit, but the nurse had earned his trust. "Instead of the treadmill maybe we could assault the holodeck and activate a recreation of the Qam-Chee battle," he joked. Stumbling idly in a treadmill has little appeal to him, but he guessed it was necessary.. Still, he lost nothing by asking for alternatives. He was aware that the holodeck wasn't a real alternative due to the energy cutback, but maybe Hylota had some ace in the sleeve more entertaining.

yInDayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ – To understand life, endure pain

Reply #27
[Show/Hide]

Hylota remained in place and prepared just in case Khorin's muscles decided that they had been through too much and he collapsed like a marionette with its string's cut. Based on where she was standing Hylota was right in the path Khorin would collapse in when his strength gave out. Thankfully Khorin was able to hold himself up and prove his Klingon genetics proud by toughing out the strain until his body could recover, in truth it was rather impressive to watch for Hylota, her own understanding of Klingon biology was mostly limited, but she was having plenty of time to learn things first hand, it made her wonder how her child would be, would they inherit a certain level of genetic ability from crossing with Klingon genetics, would they have improved healing for smaller wounds or perhaps faster regeneration, it was truly something to think about, but for now she had work to do and she returned her focus squarely on Khorin and his treatment.

As Khorin teased about how he was wanted to enter a battle simulation, Hylota chuckled and shook her head with a sigh as she stood up straight. "Well you could try that, but I think we need more than a brief bit of exercise." The pilot saying had sadly gone over Hylota's head as she did not have any familiarity with such sayings and she was not from that subculture. Of course what Hylota did know was the bravado and she was able to at least come up with a decent counter to Khorin's suggestion. "Now we could go with an Ovri story that my brother enjoys. Traveler under the Winter Starts, it is a lot more walking, less fighting, but it is considered one of the ancient epics of my people." Hylota looked Khorin over and rubbed her chin and shook her head. "Of course I do not know how well you would be able to combat an arachnid the size of a shuttle with no modern weapons.  No I think that would not end too well either, no we will stick with the treadmill for now."

Hylota walked over to the treadmill and began to enter in some basic information. The treadmill was an omnidirectional pad, it would keep Khorin at the center no matter which direction he would go or at what speed. "Would you like for me to have the railings active for you to reach for if needed or would you rather have the harness so you can keep going until your legs quit on you? Either way I want you to give a minute of movement so that you have your feet back under you and make sure you have your footing on the treadmill. Once we have taken care of that I believe we can activate a holo curtain with a projection on it to give you a basic running course you could take. It would not be the greatest illusion of a running course, but it would be better than nothing." Hylota looked to Knorin to see if he had anything to say on the matter.

Reply #28
[Show/Hide]

When Hylota told him about the Traveler under the Winter Stars, Khorin set out to protest, like all Klingon blooded, he had a low tolerance to cold temperatures, as his huge collection of sweaters testified it. Even when he endured cold temperatures better than a full-Klingon, the prospect of running in the threadmill in a clearly hostile environment didn't seem palatable to him... until the nurse scratched her chin citing a hand-to-hand combat with a giant arachnid , which aroused the interest of the pilot to such an extent that he leaned forward to check if the Ovri woman wasn't joking ... and he lost his balance slightly when doing it.

Khorin took a couple of quick steps forward, trying to regain stability until he got it by leaning against the wall. He turned to Hylota, still intrigued, and couldn't read anything in the huge-eyed face of the amphibian woman. "[color=silver]Maybe ... maybe that story is not that bad ... although I would prefer it to be in the summer, I'm not very fond of snow and ice[/color]" He would never confirm on his own initiative that he was a cold-sensitive, but if he could avoid the cold he was happy. But finally the nurse totally dismissed the possibility of the holodeck, which was received with a pouted mouth and a disappointed grunt.

In this way, they reached the threadmill, and the Klingon climbed onto the pad without hesitation, noticing its strange texture under his bare feet and the electric sensation emanating from it. It wasn't the first time he was subjected to work on that machine and he didn't have much appreciation to the device. "I'd rather not have to use railings or harness. But if I have to choose one, I prefer the railings” Having to use security measures as if he were a P'Tok was extremely embarrassing for him but neither he nor the nurse could have full confidence that his battered body wouldn't fail again. But he refused to use harness as if he were an invalid. There were humiliations that he wasn't willing to endure.

His first steps were hesitant, getting used little by little to the strange feeling of not being able to direct his steps wherever he wanted to. He staggered a couple of times, but after several minutes, he got a stable step, although quite slow. Khorin wished he could run freely, with long strides, but he knew he couldn't do it so soon. He tried to hide his frustration by biting the inside of his cheeks and went on stubbornly, until Hylota dropped the holo curtain, which meant she approved of his progress. "Can I choose the environment? San Francisco, Ocean Beach, a summer sunrise "

After his move to Earth, and undergoing his jak'tahla, Khorin had drowned his anguish and teenage frustration by running along that shore. The cool breeze of the Pacific, the sound of seagulls and the salty smell had always succeeded in appeasing his spirit. For a moment he wondered what the nurse would think about his choice, being so different from his usual Klingon bravado and given her amphibious nature.

P'Tok → Spineless Human Child

jak'tahla → klingon puberty

Reply #29
[Show/Hide]

As they got over to the treadmill Hylota shook her head. "Sadly that story has the winter setting as rather integeral, of course I feel you do not have the correct image of winter on the world of my people's birth. Qworthrik is not like the human Earth, the seasons are not the same. To the Ovri a winter is what some would call a Mini Ice Age, during our winters the polar caps begin to expand and global temperature averages drop. The epic mainly follows the travels of a hero as they make their way to a great range of mountains, facing the dangers of the untamed wilds in a hope to avert the oncoming winter. You would not mind the first half of the journey I am sure." Hylota began to chuckle as she began to raise the railing around the treadmill, the padded band surrounded the platform and was supported on pistons that would likely have some give to them, allowing for the shock of a fall to be absorbed somewhat without causing too much harm to Khorin.

As Hylota finished raising the railing she activated the holographic curtain and listened to what Khorin wanted to have as the setting before she nodded. "Alright, computer project San Francisco, Ocean Beach, with a summer sunrise." Hylota looked to the curtain as the projection began to activate and depicted a stretch of beach, Hylota took in the image and nodded as she looked it over. "Quite the lovely place, but as I was saying, you would have likely loved the first half of the Traveler's story, it consists of more jungle environments, and contains a few apex predators that hunted Ovri. Considering how much you seem intent on proving your prowess in battle I am sure you would find it quite engaging."

Looking at the setting again Hylota could tell from the architecture that this was no doubt a human city, no doubt one that was on earth, honestly though she could never remember all the names, there were so many notable cities, all of them in vastly different places and many of them in different languages to that of other cities, it was just one big confusing mess. Honestly though Hylota did not care why this was the chosen location for Khorin's walk, to her it was likely just a location that Khorin had been to once before and he just enjoyed the look of for a walk, perhaps he had gone here on leave with a human crew mate once, or perhaps he had even come here as a youth with the human half of his parentage. No matter how Khorin knew the place it was at least a location he was interested in walking in.

Hylota changed her position and looked around the setting once more before she spoke. "For today I feel that we should get a baseline, we will have you walk until you are at your limit, by that I do not mean that I want you to walk until you collapse, I want you to simply go up til the point you feel like you will begin to give out, we will record that and set it as baseline. This way with each visit we can focus on timed walks and perhaps jogs with an endurance test every now and then to see how you are improving. Every now and then I will initiate a upper body workout as well though, just something to keep your  upper body loose. Of course if you feel yourself getting stiff feel free to stretch as you go, I will be here in case the worst happens and you lose all control." Hylota nodded as she looked at the setting once more, sure she might not care the importance, but it helped the patients to talk, so she might as well ask. "So, what makes this place your first choice? We went from considering a battlefield and an epic journey to going for a stroll on a beach, I feel there is some importance to that."

Reply #30
[Show/Hide]

The Klingon took the training slowly at first, more unstable than he wanted on his feet. This gave him time to reflect on Hylota's words about her home planet and notice the strangeness in her voice facing Khorin's choice of a stage for the holographic curtain, one much less combative than she expected.

"Proving their prowess in battle is what a warrior must do for reach Sto-Vo-Kor, our afterlife, and to success in Klingon society. Maybe I do not live in the Empire, but I want to live by the rules of my Father's people: gain glory in battle, live with honor in heart and die a glorious death. Facing warriors or creatures more powerful than oneself only shows that you have confidence in your heart and the ability to overcome your own adversities .... fighting against an inferior enemy does not allow you to obtain honor, where there is no challenge there is no battle " he finally said, at the time the hybrid accelerated his pace to the long strides to which he was accustomed. Maybe it wasn't the fastest pace, but it was a rhythm he could hold for hours. The pilot knew that his muscular frame was built for brute and explosive strength and he had never tried to develop a fast race, contrary to his constitution.

He continued running in silence for a while, concentrating on his breathing and keeping his steps stable. He started to sweat much sooner than he would have liked, his body far from being at its peak, but still found himself much more in tune with his anatomy than he had been during the rest of the rehabilitation session, maybe because his muscles had warmed up with the previous exercises, or perhaps because his Klingon blood was beginning to get over the human and finally accelerated his recovery process as he had wanted so much. Maybe he had just got used to the soreness of his body and it had become something he could ignore. Either way, his footsteps became more secure, his breathing less hectic.

"I chose this place because it always gave me peace to run on this beach while I lived on Earth," he finally pantted. "And because although my biggest desire would be to be full Klingon, I'm not. I'm half human. And I have to remind myself that, on occasion, I cannot force my body as much as I wish. "A sad smile flashed briefly on Khorin's face. He loved his mother passionately, but his human blood had always been a disadvantage in Qo'noS, put him away from the succession line of his House and was partly the basis of all his problems with Gorka. It was his weakness, his blemish. And for someone so proud and overconfident, remembering it was painful. But necessary.

The minutes stretched while Khorin continued running tirelessly, waiting for the nurse next orders.

Reply #31
[Show/Hide]

Hylota listened to what Khorin had to say about why he chose to do what he did, and she listened to his philosophy on matters, it was interesting to get a view in at other cultures, it made the universe seem all that more large and unique, to remind her that there were people with vastly different ideas and philosophies all over the spectrum. Of course as Hylota considered what was said about how Khorin was half human and how this limited him she let out a sigh. "Well I do not wish to make this about your philosophy, but it sounds at least to me that you are looking at your human side the wrong way. Although it is true that a human is not as physically commanding as a Klingon, humans still can hold their own, through their adaptive nature and ability to change to suit their situation. Humans have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in many conflicts, even showing their own prowess to match the Klingon Empire in the early years of their Federation. " Hylota stood up as she stopped leaning on the railing. "Humanity might not win every battle, but they return again and again, and you have certainly benefited from that bit of their nature."

Hylota checked the distance traveled and nodded. "Well I guess we have a good baseline here, we can test you on this same distance in the future, see how long it takes you to travel the same length in our next session." Hylota added the data to Khorin's file and stored things away. "Now then, seeing as we are finished with the testing for the day there are a few things we can move on to doing with our time. We can either send you back to quarters to rest and recuperate, trusting you to keep to a regiment of stretches and exercise on your own, or we can keep you here for examination and scheduled stretches with us. I am sure I know which one you would prefer already, but I still must ask for the sake of putting out the option." Hylota stretched as the holographic curtain turned off and the railing descended, the treadmill turning off as Hlyota looked to Khorin.

There was a slight glint in Hylota's eye as she looked Khorin over. "Seeing as you seem intent on having a conflict of some kind to challenge yourself, and considering the space we are in, I would like to make an offer for you. We can have a little bit of a sparring match, see how much mobility you have and gauge how well you can use your body right now. It is a bit unorthodox, but I am sure that it is just the kind of activity you would like to enjoy." Hylota smiled wryly as she considered how this could play out, she knew how far she could go, and she was certain that she could avoid causing any harm to Khorin if she got the upper hand, and in his current state she figured he was not strong enough to be a major threat just yet.

Reply #32
[Show/Hide]

Khorin reflected for a few minutes on Hylota's words about human tenacity, clearly seeing the points where her mother's stubbornness had permeated in his own personality. His expression turned into a grimace for a moment. If there was someone in the whole Federation more stubborn than himself, that was his mother. And it was surprisingly scary for someone who barely exceeded five feet. "Well, the next time someone says that I'm a big-headed klingon bastard, I'll blame my human blood" he joked,a cocky grin again in his lips.

Soon after, the nurse decided that the training at the theadmill had been sufficient, and the pilot descended from the device as fast as he could, more than willing to end his stay in the sickbay. Hylota seemed to know perfectly well the idea that was hovering in his head, because even though she offered him the option of staying or leaving, she knew what his choice would be. The Wolves Lounge was calling him, the klingon really needed to know what had happened while he had been in the freezer.

Then, her proposal arrived. A little sparring, just a trainning to check that his body progressed properly after treatment and recovery. It was something that Khorin couldn't deny, lust for battle quickly growing in his broad chest. "I cannot oppose a proposition to engage myself in combat" he growled satisfied. He looked her up and down: although the Ovri woman seemed be in shape, she was shorter than him and considerably lighter. At any other time, he knew that she wouldn't be a match for him, but with his body willing to betray him at any moment maybe fighting with the nurse could be a small challenge. Even with everything, Khorin was sure that he would be victorious. "You just have to promise me that you'll let me know if I hurt you too much, I don't compete if it's not with the intention of winning, pa' tu'lu'bogh vI'Iprup quv puS yay.

pa' tu'lu'bogh vI'Iprup quv puS yay. → There is nothing more honorable than victory.

Reply #33
[Show/Hide]

Hylota let out a soft chuckle, the sound clearly containing some uneasiness, but part of Hylota wanted this, she needed to make sure her body was still strong, to make sure she knew how to use herself in combat. She had invested time since the disaster at the triage center into her defense training, only making more efforts to know how to defend herself since the events of the mutiny. It had proved good for stress relief and exercise, but keeping it to herself was limiting how much she could really apply. Taking a long slow deep breath Hylota looked intently at Khorin before she nodded and smiled to his words. "Of course, just so long as you do the same. If you feel that you have over exerted or that the fight has become too taxing, just let me know. This is just a bit of fun to see how well everything responds to you."

With that last point presented once more Hylota dropped into a stance, it was similar to something out of jujitsu, her arms remaining in close with her hands up and ready, her stance firm, at the very least she looked well practiced, of course her stance did imply that she was prepared to take on a frontal attack. Of course with the Ovri telegraphing and emphasizing intentions to mislead were among the first lessons taught in combat, to be prepared to lead your opponent into a trap. Ovri might never have been the strongest, but they were agile, and Hylota had plans for this advantage.

Of course at the same time Hylota knew her intentions for this spar, it was not for her benefit, it was for Khorin's. Hylota was not going to overpower Khorin, she wanted to make him move, to work his body like this was a fight, to see if it would listen to his demands. So to start Hylota chose to test how well Khorin could follow her movements. Hylota began to move, slowly circling Khorin, observing him as he tracked her, but in a quick movement Hylota leapt, her frog-like legs clearly having a great amount of power as she quickly dashed, moving from Khorin's right into his left, hoping to get him to follow her movements as she moved to dash into Khorin's blind spot behind him. From there she would move in close, prepared to block and not attack, she wanted to see how he would lash out, and she needed to be prepared to take quick unrestrained attacks that would come from lashing out on reflex no doubt.

Reply #34
[Show/Hide]

As soon as Hylota began moving, Khorin adopted a defensive guard, more like Philly Shell than a Mok'bara guard. He was familiar with Klingon martial arts, but somehow he had always preferred human boxing. His relaxed attitude disappeared almost instantly, giving way to a frown and a concentrated face. Having never fought against an Ovri, and feeling more insecure of his abilities than he would recognize aloud he decided to play a defensive stance. For once he wouldn't try to take the initiative for himself and play the role of the counterpuncher. It was a role to which he could adapt well, blocking and bobbing whatever Hylota had prepared for him. His training as a pilot had developt his reflexes and quick reactions. He knew that even though he was far from being at his optimal moment he could take a few punches, waiting for a chance that would allow him to give a couple of jabs and hooks to end the fight. Soon he fell into a comfortable  feet routine he could carry for a time, following the movements of the nurse with his face and chest protected.

When the Klingon least expected it, Hylota leaped, shifting direction suddenly trying to reach his back. The body and reflexes of the pilot acted before his conscious thought, shrugging his torso to protect his sensitive areas, while throwing a blow with the elbow to dissuade any combination that the nurse had prepared. As soon as he saw that the Ovri was within his reach, he launched a quick burst of the jabs and cross, seemingly too fast for someone of the Lone Wolf's size. At a certain moment, he felt his fist reach the soft flesh of the nurse. A crooked grin appears in his face when he felt it, and intensified his attack, battle lush began to seize him.

Reply #35
[Show/Hide]

A few of the cornerstones of Ovri self defense were evasion, agility and redirection, sure a powerful flurry of blows could end a fight before it got too far, but many schools focused on exploiting the natural gifts of the Ovri to allow windows for fleeing. Sure it was not a martial art, but more often then not the best option in a fight was to find an opening to get away, and for a race with natural predictors, knowing how to escape had always been prudent. So as Hylota had a few blind swings thrown her way to make her keep her distance she rocked back on her floor and prepared as a pivot, so when Khorin came at her with a few followup blows, Hylota prepared herself, moving her arms into place as she took a blow.

Hylota did not tense into the strike though, her body turned, allowing her body to turn with the blow as her hands gripped Khorin's arm. With her body positioned in a more stable position,  giving her the ability to pull Khorin into his swing as Hylota pivoted on her heel and turned to throw Khorin. At the same time she began to back away, creating distance between them once more, partially to give Khorin time to recover and partially so that he would have more time to react as she crouched low and charged in low, working on grappling principles to either force Khorin to retreat, or fight as she went for his legs, intent on tackling Khorin. The fight was already rather intense and Hylota could hear the thumping of her heart in her ears as she moved.

Reply #36
[Show/Hide]

Khorin rolled over the floorplates, spining around himself to get back on his feet, facing the nurse again, while one of his fist rested on the floor to steady his squated body. On a diferent circunstance, a simple change in his center of gravity and the adequate muscular tension would have prevented her from projecting him to the floor, taking advantage of his weight and greater muscular strength to prevent Hylota from using the inertia of his blows against him. But in some way, the pilot still felt like a Targ who was using his fangs for first time, and his body reacted in unaccustomed manners. His muscles were still too tender and new to fully trust in them. However, on this occasion, that additional difficulty brought a toothy grin to his face. It was a challenge, and Khorin was enjoying it.

When the Ovri threw herself against his legs, ready to knock him down, Khorin spread his feet, stabilizing his position, which made harder that Hylota was able to tackle him down again. Then, he put his left arm around the nurse's body while supporting the heel of his right palm under Hylota's chin, trying to force her to move her head back, leaving her neck exposed. That would give him the chance of strangle her or break her neck in a real fight, in a training match like they were in, it was a quick way to finish the combat. They had barely exchanged a few blows, but the sweat beaded the hybrid's forehead. The long rehabilitation, the exercises he had performed just before the battle began and the time in the freezer began to weight on him. But there were two things for which the Klingons were known: their great stamina that allowed them to fight for long periods of time and their extreme stubbornness. And Khorin, despite being only half-Klingon, had plenty of both. He wouldn't give up. He wouldn't voice his fatigue. He clenched his teeth in a tense smirk, ready to follow with the challenge that Hylota represented.

Reply #37
[Show/Hide]

As much as Hylota wanted to keep up the fight, to struggle and get herself on top, there was really no nice way to go about it. Ovri battle tactics never excluded "dirty tricks" as other races called them. In battle an Ovri was expected to use any method to gain the edge and survive. In a world with numerous natural predators the original tactics were written differently than those of apex species like humans and klingons, it was an accepted norm that death could be violent and harsh and that you should give as harsh as you could expect to receive. This resulted in much of what Hylota could think of doing being things like attacking weak joints, genitalia, the raw burns, even deceit. These ideas were quickly pushed away and Hylota simply struggled in the firm hold as she thought of how she wanted to progress. Eventually she made her choice and began to pull back, getting her feet back under her once more as she prepared herself, shifting to brace her shoulder's on Khorin's thighs before she kicked off in a sudden jump.

The act was not intended to break free, more to test Khorin's footing, and considering how he took it Hylota decided that their fight was over as she stopped her struggling and took a long slow breath. "That was quite the exhilarating conflict. Sadly I do not see a real way that I could get out of this. Well no way out that would not be detrimental to your recovery. On top of that I do feel that we have done enough stress testing for the time being. I feel you should be fine out on your own, I will see too it that you are returned to your quarters, you should spend the rest of the day in rest, tomorrow I will have a schedule sent to you, a regiment of physical activity and workouts you should try and follow as well as a followup for you. We need to make sure you are keeping active and stretched out, but I see no need to micromanage your progress when you should be fine on your own." Hylota remained where she was and then cleared her throat. "Now that that is finished do you think that I could perhaps be released so that we may make the walk to your quarters together?"

Reply #38
[Show/Hide]

Hylota struggled against his grapple, unable to fully release herself.  But even though Khorin tried hard to keep her immobilised, the nurse flowed between his arms, almost as if she was boneless. The half-klingon curled his lip, trying to regain the advantage he had lost. Despite all his efforts to avoid it, the ovri planted firmly her digitigrade feet on the ground and pushed with her shoulder against the top of his thighs. The pilot tried to keep his balance, but ended up stumbling backwards, without letting go of the woman. Fortunately, he was able to recover his balance before falling to the floor, but the sudden blow showed him again that he was far from being in his prime. The pilot gnashed his teeth with the effort to keep the nurse secured against his chest. He wasn't going to dishonor himself being defeated, he wasn't going to... When the shame began to fan the fires of his anger again, Hylota simply gave in, giving the fight finished. Khorin took a few long minutes to undo his grip, battlelust still high in his bloodstream, while eyelids blinked repeatedly, showing his bewilderment. In addition, although the Ovri granted him the victory of that fight, it tasted as bitter as defeat in Khorin's mouth. He hadn't shown any technical or physical superiority, not even a keenest mind. The fight ended simply because Hylota preferred not to continue fighting, possibly for not stressing his newly thawed body and humiliating him another time. Despite the bitterness of the situation, the hybrid could not help but admire the subtle knowledge that the woman seemed to have about Klingon psychology. The nurse continued telling the next steps to follow, and Khorin simply let her talk without paying too much attention, still struggling with his instinct to keep fighting. In addition, physical activity and stretching were part of a warrior's daily routine, he only had to adapt his own to the medical requirements of his current situation.

It was then that Hylota suggested he must release her, and the hybrid loosened his arms with an apologetic smile on his face. "Yeah, sorry. I guess i was carried along by the thrill of the fight " He rumbled as an apology, his usual boastful tone dimmed for a moment. He took two steps back and slowly inclined his head, granting his respect to the Ovri. Her methods and customs were very different from the Klingons or the Humans, but Hylota was an honorable woman in her own way. And she had earned a big deal of Khorin's respect. Dressing his face again with one of his trademarked crooked grin, he accepted the proposal to walk together to his quarters.

The route to the deck where the Lone Wolves cabins were concentrated was long enough to be taught about the exercise regimen that he must follow, so with a sigh of relief and Hylota on his side, Khorin finally abandoned the sickbay.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder