Skip to main content
Topic: CHAPTER 01: Thermal Springs [2030 hrs.] (Read 13722 times) previous topic - next topic

CHAPTER 01: Thermal Springs [2030 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Thermal Springs

[ Theta Eridani IV | The Thermal Springs Lounge | 2030 hrs. ]

Hot springs have had a mystique about them for thousands of years, despite how science had long past proven that no mystical or regenerative powers came from them. They were most commonly created from water trickling through layers of rocks, accumulating minerals and heating up from the pressure of the earth. If it encountered a fault line, it was thrust up to the surface, bringing the minerals and heat with it. It had been because of the heat and high concentration of minerals that they had once been held as sacred, yet even if that was not the case, the appreciation for the comfort and chance of relaxation was undeniable when appraising the crew that found their way there.

In the shadow of the USS Harbinger, the makeshift lounge had quickly been built that afternoon. There was a floating bar counter where the collective stock from the two ship lounges had been brought. Several waterfalls with cooler water cascaded down the mountainside, and gradually, spontaneous games came to be held with wagers held for replicator rations and holodeck time. After the two Captains had spoken to them all, the two crews had been made aware of the lounge and its location, and there were few places in the valley that drew such attention at the chance of getting some brief R&R. Most did not even bother to find something else to wear in the thermal spring than their Starfleet issue undergarments - piles of uniforms thrown away with little care or thought upon easily being able to find them later on.

For on the morrow, the hard work and toil would continue, yet tonight, there was a chance to let one's hair down and finally try and distance oneself from worries, loss and regret. The two starships would not be repaired overnight, this much was certain, so a faint hope came to grow that their temporary settlement would last longer than just one night. Who knew when there would be such a chance again? Who knew how many days they could avoid detection in that valley? Perhaps there was just going to be that night, so why not enjoy it to the fullest?

OOC: In order to encourage quicker banter and social interaction between characters, along with a higher post frequency, I will lower the rigorous minimum limit of 200 words per post in this particular thread, where it is fully expected that conversations may render mere two-ish paragraphs.

Re: EPISODE 03: Unconquerable Soul [Chapter 01: Thermal Springs]

Reply #1
[Rory Callahan - Thermal Springs Lounge]
As soon as he had finished, he headed toward the place he'd worked to set up for the crews.  Kicking off his shoes, he peeled off the socks, long sleeved dress shirt, and pants all in black and placed them on the bank close to the bar before wading in clad only in his blue swim trunks and braided leather necklace with a Celtic charm.

He took a moment to let the warmth seep into his legs and lower back before lining up mugs in preparation for the stampede of people no doubt wanting to drink away their blues.  He also had his guitar set up on the bank as well as a little box similar to the holoprojector he'd used for the service but this one only holding music and no images.

There was an increase in the murmur of people and he poured himself a quick shot of whiskey.  "May the gods have mercy on our souls," he intoned and knocked the dark liquid back, savoring the burning sensation down his throat and into his stomach.  "Ahhhh, 'tis just what I needed right then.  Looks like they're a'comin' quick."

Who knew what tonight would bring?  From the little he'd gleaned while getting the images for the tribute, there was some animosity between the two crews.  Even the English and Irish never quite got over their differences and yet here the crews were putting hard feelings aside and working together.  If there was one thing an Irishman knew, that was damn near impossible!

Reply #2
Even though she was too small to remember, Hannah von Slaverton had been born in the shadow of the largest volcano in the Sol System; Olympus Mons. Her parents had studied the geography of Olympus Mons and even in the last months of labour, her mother had been collecting deep core samples of Martian rock from the centre volcanic basin. So, since she had spent her first two years living in a Martian research station, and later doing several visits through her life, the atmosphere around the thermal springs made her smile - heading there as she was with many of her squad-mates.

"First wolf!" she cried and cast a grin over her shoulder as she took off across the dusken plain. As she ran, she pulled her uniform jacket over her head, yanked down the zipper of her undershirt, and sped towards the rising cloud of steam in the distance. Underneath, she wore the light blue and sleeveless Starfleet-issue top, and as she yanked her pants open, the same issue of female boxers caught the firelight of the torches.

Once there, she saw that the water of the large natural bath had to be warmed by the volcanic nature of the land; making her quite nostalgic and thinking of home - for better or worse. She shook off the thought of home and her parents, just as she shook off her boots and bent forward to pull down her pants. As she hurriedly undressed, leaving only the top and boxers on, she noticed large moss covered stones the makeshift bar counter and the encircling rows of torches. Steam danced in the increasing moonlight, trailing in wisps over the surface of the water and the first bathers. Flighty, effervescent.

She howled like a wolf before she submerged herself fully into the spring well ahead of her squad-mates and she let out a joyous laugh when she re-emerged above the surface - fists thrust to the sky. Most wore their light blue undergarments for this occasion, so even if the fabric left little to the imagination when rendered soaking wet, they were all in the same state of scarce modesty, so it mattered none. Tonight was about celebration. Rest and recreation. At long last, and with new faces to discover - allies in a hard undertaking.

"Singer!" Nightmare called and waded up to the floating bar, coming to lean over it with her arms folded underneath her breasts, "I don't know what your pilots drink, but I would love to find out. Hit me!"

Meters away, beyond the wall of steam, ThanIda zh'Wann circled the springs with her hands behind her back - watching the proceedings in the hot springs like a crestfallen hawk. In full uniform, and being Andorian, the atmosphere felt utterly unbearable. Even if she spotted one of her people in the water, she was not so inclined to undress and enjoy getting light-headed from the combination of hot water and a high metabolism. She had found out perfectly well what had happened in that overheated holding cell together with David Grayson.

Grayson... That Pinkskin fool had not died, after all, but put in stasis. There was hope yet to tell him... What? There was little to be said other than he had fallen in the line of duty, almost killed at the hands of future holographic technology. No, what was worse was how that Cadet had disobeyed orders and endangered himself, opening fire against that hologram without hiding behind cover. Still, she should not have taken him into the Shuttle Bay. He had not been ready. By Lor'Vela, he had held his first phaser not an hour before he was shot down. Understaffed or not, Security had to act if there was an intruder alert sounded. It had been his duty and he had willingly come along. At the same time, Scosche's words had come to her when she'd seen his face lit the nocturnal sky.

"Just so we're clear, it was Security or the garbage detail. As it stands, I'm doing this because there's nothing else to be done right now. First and foremost, I am a gymnast, not a security enforcer. Much as I might enjoy having something to do on this gods-forsaken ship, if there were an option other than sitting in your brig day in and day out, I would be doing that. I will do my part and I have never given anything other than my utmost to any task. This will be no different, but the first opportunity I get to return to my old life, I will."

He had never gotten that chance. Ida frowned and looked towards the ground as she walked - antennae angled forward as well. She would take full responsibility for the death of that Cadet. It was bitter in so many ways. Not that it mattered to her anymore, beyond the import of keeping the crew safe and in capable hands, but Jien Ives would probably not give her David's position as Chief of Security. Since the Niga Incident, where people conveniently forgot that she was a damnable victim just so that they could lay the blame on someone, Ida had become a woman of very few friends. T'Less had come to understand her, yet she had also fallen by the hand of the Calamity's AI - also clinging to life in a stasis-coffin. Along with David... who she had hated for being promoted over her at first, but not for the obvious reasons rather than she thought him a risky choice. Yet a couple of days ago... they had...

It hurt too much to think about. All the unfairness done to her. With the lack of anyone of higher rank, she was the Acting Chief of Security now, Captain Ives yet having spoken to her since David was shot. There was a halfbreed Ktarian CSec in the Valley too - one Diadeniera - by the same rank of Lieutenant as she... but holding the Csec position in full aboard the Harbinger. They had traded brief words. Divided the valley in two. Arranged for tight patrols and scouts in the wilderness... the fauna of Theta Eridani IV largely unknown.

No humanoid life did not mean no life at all.

Looking up, she continued to survey the bathers idly - almost hoping for a fight to break out so that she could put her mind off her own hurt.

Reply #3
[Natalie Stark | Hot springs]

Covered in grime, still, and buffeted by the ranks of enlisted and officers making their way to the hot springs, Natalie came to a stop at the waters edge, looking around, wide eyes and lost. She hadn't planned on this, not at all. She watched as a pilot that she thought was from the Theurgy dive bombed into the hot water, her arms coming up to block the initial spray. Others were taking their time to strip down, most to just their regulation undies, but some -

Natalie turned her gaze away and blushed, as a rather athletic Bajoran man opted for the clothes free option, flashing an amazingly taut ass her way. Memories flooded her right there on the spot, of another well muscled man, with far darker hair, and alien eyes. She flushed a deeper red, and almost turned from the scene, but she was bumped, accidentally, by another crew member, and ended up falling back, into the hot water.

With a hiss and a yelp, the chief of Operations for the USS Theurgy went under, surfacing a moment later, sputtering. Drenched from head to toe, she fumbled about, till the crew woman at fault, falling over herself in fear, helped fish Natalie out. Accepting the apologies, Natalie waved the Rigilian off, and sighed. I'm already soaked... she thought to herself, taking it as a sign. She stripped down, to her skivvies, and left the rest of her uniform in a pile off to the side, except for her combadge. Designed to work in all forms of hazardous environments, a little water wouldn't cause any problem. Clipping it to her tank top, she sank back into the water. Not sure what else to do, really, the now dripping wet Lt.Cmdr made her way over to the bar, finding a spot along its floating surface.

Reply #4
[Nathaniel Isley and Edena Rez - Thermal Springs]

"Her first drink is on me," came the voice of Nathan, patting Hannah on the shoulder.  Like many, he had taken the opportunity to enjoy the water, dressed down to only his boxer briefs, showing off a body seemingly chiseled from the stone of mount Olympus.  Isley's Vulcan DNA made him strong, and his rigorous training set him above the combat ability of a Klingon warrior, but his training was also in conditioning, toning, the kind that made him look as powerful as he was.  The truly strong oftentimes looked more overweight, but it was simply because they focused on strength training, which was far more bulky, then the toning that Nathan made time for..  The feeling of the heated water against his skin was soothing, and created a glistening layer of sweat on his upper torso that only made his muscles all the more pronounced.  Not to toot his own horn, but he was one of the most impressive physical specimens on-board the Theurgy, and it was mostly thanks to the effort he put into his training.

"You saved my ass out there in that fire fight, Nightmare.  I said you got a drink on me," he said, confirming that he was repaying the debt owed.  Before that fight had begun, she had been sitting in his lap while they played a drinking game with Ravon and Carver.  Now, it was just a good chance to relax, to get some much needed R & R, something the crew had been unable to obtain for quite some time.  They had gone from one battle to the next, barely recovering from each one before the next crisis.  Theta Eridani IV was the chance for them to mend their wings, rest their bodies and minds, and prepare for another leg of their difficult journey.  Best they use the time wisely to unwind and get ready.

"Lieutenant," Edena said, approaching ThanIda.  The Andorian woman had taken on more responsibilities with what happened to Adam Grayson, someone that the commanding officer was well aware she was close to.  It had to be a difficult trial for her, and she felt the need to check on her.  Illya, however, asked to be the one to do it.  She understand psychology better then any of the other personalities in the Rez Symbiont, and she liked to think she had more of a rapport with Ida then Edena did.

Edena's body was not dressed down to her underwear, like so many others who were enjoying the water.  Instead, she wore a wrap around her waist, along with a tank top that was a matching blue to the wrap.  "Edena has to assure that you are fit for duty after what happened.  I asked to be the one to conduct the interview with you, but she is still able to hear everything we say and to see through my eyes.  I wanted to start by assuring you that this interview is not because your competence is being questioned, but more a concern for your mental and emotional health.  You have been through some difficulty as of late, and I know you and Lieutenant Kingston were close.  If you have anything you'd like to say before we begin, I welcome you to.  Don't think of this as a test.  Just tell me your honest feelings and if you think they might affect your ability to perform in the role you are needed for."  Edena's usual professional tone, mixed with the softness of an understanding woman, was even more gentle then usual, like Illya was treating Ida like a baby bird with a broken wing, in need of some nurturing during a difficult moment.

Reply #5
Before the bartender got the moment to answer what it was she had ordered in asking for what the Harbinger pilots drank, Nightmare felt her wingmate's hand on her shoulder and heard his voice. Which, granted, was all pleasant... yet nothing compared to his undressed vision right next to her.

"Oh, my, what a gentleman," she said and chuckled with the characteristic gleam in her eye, turning around and leaning back against the floating yet sturdy counter - propping up her elbows on the edge and presenting him with the view of herself. She knew she fetched an eye or two in the worst of conditions, but in a sodden light-blue tank and her dark hair a wet mane down her back? Oh, she was fairly confident Nathan was getting to feast his eyes, just like she were. "I did nothing more than you would have done for me, Maverick, right? Still, a drink is a drink, and not about to be turned down."

Her glass came, and she glanced at it, picked it up to sniff at it and wrinkled her nose. "Kanar? Oh, please, are you sure this is what they drink?" she asked into the empty air behind the counter, since the bartender was already serving another customer further away. Cardassian Kanar was semi-congealed fiery petroleum of a drink that took a lot of time to get used to, and she was far too impatient a woman to learn. She put the glass down again and sighed, resting her eyes on Nathan instead.

"I suppose that since they call themselves the Dor'GhItlh Squardon, it has to do with something," she said and glanced over Nathan's shoulder, spotting a couple of them in the steam, "They look like hell, the other pilots. Imagine having to go through what they have. Forty fighters reduced to... eight... last I heard. They have been flying those old Mark II Valkyries since they began their escape too. Imagine how many of us would be left if we did not have the Mark III:s. Their Wing Commander was hurt too, but is on his feet. I hear he is refusing to have his scarred face treated too. Badge of honour, sure, but half his damn face is burned off... if rumours are to be believed."

She sighed and looked away from the Harbinger pilots, for while the survivors of that squadron were the picks of natural dogfight selection - the ice-blooded crazies of wartime survivors - Nathan was a far more pleasant sight. No less hard, either. His body that was, of course, yet she was not about to dismiss the potential of making him even 'harder'. She would sure use some distraction from all that they had been through. "How about you?" she asked and shook some wet hair out of her eyes, smiling ruefully, "How are you holding up?"

Ida recognised the voice first, yet it was the accent and the body language that told her whom was really speaking through that mouth, looking at her through those eyes. It might be the mouth and the eyes of another - contemporary - woman, yet this particular ghost of the deceased had spoken to her before. Twice, once as a newly released prisoner from the Brig and the next time as Ida's Executive Officer.

"Commander," she said in greeting, coming to a stop and turning to face the Trill.

Remarkable, came an errant thought, how quickly things change in times of strife and necessity.

When told that Edena - or Illya, by extention - wished to talk to her, Ida was somewhat heartened that her duties and efforts were not altogether ignored or forgotten by her commanding officers. A lightening of her heavy thoughts, even if the yoke of the past days and deaths were not to be lifted so easily. Not even the sight of Illya's current body - or more accurately the Rez symbiont - in tank and some sort of beach skirt did much to lighten her mood. Ida stood at ease, comfortably so, and spoke in answer.

"I am... uncomfortable with the idea of an informal interview," she said in a tight voice, yet she was even more uncomfortable with the sympathetic tone - the undermining emotions that eroded the walls she had raised. "For as informal as the questions might be, Commander Rez still wants to ensure my capacity, so it is still an test, despite any reassurances you might make. In the Imperial Guard, one's ability to perform the duties that were need was gauged by strict hearings and evaluations. Especially in cases like these, where a Guardsman or two might have died for Andoria."

Still, it was not like she had a choice. Pick the hosts however you liked, it was still Commander Rez standing in front of her, and she had to comply - the difficulty of the tone of this hearing notwithstanding. "Lieutenant Kingston and I were not so close as you might have thought, even if he was - and still is while he rests in stasis - a valued Security Officer. Last we spoke, in your office," she said, frowning as she looked out into the darkness beyond the firelight, "I spoke of my troubles. In how I was judged after I was skipped over for Grayson's position, the crew questioning me because of it, followed by what I did during the Niga Incident... and still is. Perhaps even more so, since a Cadet has now fallen victim to our crusade while under my command. Grayson is also in stasis, his fate uncertain, and while I had issues with his promotion, we will never know if my doubts were merited now, will we? First Wenn Cinn and..."

She swallowed and frowned even more. Trailed off when remembering the Bajoran that she had served the whole time while on the Theurgy, how she had failed to save him from being sucked out through that hull breach. That Ridge-Nose had been a fine Chief of Security. One which understood her need for a firm and righteous commanding officer.

"My voyage has been hard," so damnable hard, "yet I will not fail in the line of duty... unless I am brain-washed or possessed by some lecherous flora again. Emotions and passion has their place and time, and that is not a part of my job description. Unless I can't help it, my first priority is - and has always been - the safety of our crew. You might remember having experienced this first-hand..." It was just to prove her point, bringing up the fact that she had held Edena Rez at phaser point in a sonic shower what seemed like ages ago.

It brought other memories too, but the moment was not right to dwell on those...

Reply #6
[Rory Callahan]

Rory was about to speak when he saw a lovely woman standing near the water, still in uniform and looking rather lost.  It was pretty much how he felt all the time and then he saw the other woman and cried "LOOK OUT!" and held his breath as another woman bumped into her and knocked her into the steamy water.

Shaking his head with relief when he saw her resurface and simply start working off her uniform, he turned back and grabbed a bottle.  The pilots all seemed to have their favorite drinks but when they wanted to share one, it was that Cardassian drink that he couldn't stand himself but it was what the battered woman before him requested.

He had watched her quickly turn from him to the mountain of a man, rippling in muscle and good looks and apparently he was one of their fighter pilots.  So much for flirtin' with her he thought to himself.  All those Starfleet guys ... what did they have that he didn't?  Bigger muscles and a uniform, that's what.  Still there were people to serve and he put on his best smile.

Which he was glad he did as the lovely woman who'd been summarily dunked waded over to the other end of the bar.  "Helloo," he greeted her with a smile that made the dimple in his cheek deepen.  "Looks like ye could use a drink since ye been dunked in the drink," he said jovially yet with respect and concern for her.  "What kin I get for ye?  Beer, whiskey ... or how 'bout a Samarian Sunset?  Pretty drink fer a pretty lady."

Reply #7
S'Iti walked slowly towards the water. It had been so long since she had been privy to a paradise like this.  It was far from paradise to many of the others here, but the Cardasian helmswoman had to think this must be what it must be like to be on Cardassia Prime.

Her "homeworld" was as alien to her as Earth was.   No, to her Space was now home.  Her own species and the damned Dominion saw to that quite efficiently.  The void was the only home that never had to be fought over, or stolen from another, or defended from invaders or any of those other nuisances that came with living on Terra-firma.  Still she couldn't help but wonder what the steamy rain soaked cities of her species home were like. 

This place was dry and hot unlike the paradise others had claimed "Prime" was.  Here at the banks of these springs there was a lovely humidity that she could pretend was like what she had been told about.  Slowly, the steam--and her own sweat--soaked her clothes to her scaled body leaving little of her figure to the imagination. Still though, dispite the lack of imagination needed to envision her body, she slipped out of the shoes, socks, pants, and shirt, leaving herself in the nothing but the standard issue light blue undergarments.  Despite her distance from the surface of the water they were now soaked to the point of being form fitting and nearly translucent.

Finding a rather smooth and slightly sloped rock near the edge of the water, she laid down.  The heat on the rock was enough to give most of those here a bit of a burn but to her it was the perfect dry heated smooth stone bed to complement the natural steam sauna around her. 

She smiled to herself in a state of pure contentedness as she listened to the banter around the bar laughing  at a few of the stray comments. Hearing the order for the foul Cardassian beverage she spoke her mind rather loudly with a blunt declaration punctuated with a single extended digit. "Fuck Kanar!  You pilots need to learn how to drink something that doesn't taste like buffalo shit!"  She then paused for a moment rethinking her words, "Disregard that last statement.  At least you can grow crops with manure."

Reply #8
[Nathaniel Isley]

He had to agree with Slaverton on her views of Kanar.  There were days when he suspected that twenty-first century humans would have poured bottles of that stuff into their vehicles to keep them moving, n an age before cleaner and more efficient sources of power could be found.  Kanar would probably need to be refined more before it would even serve as jet fuel for the flying crafts of old earth, the precursors to the Valkryies.  The Mark III's had done a great deal to help the crew stay alive over the trials they faced, so Nightmare was quite right when she gave credit to the harbinger flight team for surviving on outdated models.  "Ours are the prototypes for the III's.  The majority of the ships in the Federation are still using the II's as their primary.  It was supposed to be our job to report back and say what improvements were needed before they went into mass production.  Damn time anomalies have our valkyries as inferior machines even before that could happen."  Calamity's newer ships had outperformed, their squad only able to take advantage of the human element, that the ship out of time didn't have human ingenuity and adaptability.

"When we get our hands on all the scans we got from those ships, we will see what we can do to improve upon the Valkryies, just in case we run into trouble with them again.  I don't feel like being the next guy to want to wear scars like a badge.  Face like mine wouldn't carry it so well."  He looked towards Hannah, a far better sight to see then some grizzled veteran with a burned face.  It had been difficult to look at her for a while, after seeing her infected during the outbreak, knowing he might have been able to stop it, but kept moving forward to complete his mission.  If he had told her that, what would she think?  Would she hate him for leaving her to it, or would she agree he did the right thing?  He feared finding out.  He would always worry about creating disharmony in the flight team with the animosity of her knowing.

"One thing I can say about my Vulcan side is that we hold up well.  I'm not one of those emotion suppressing, neutered Vulcans, but when I need to be, I can raise the shields on emotional attacks.  There's a lot of people who lost a lot worse then I did.  We can't do a lot to fix their hurt, but we can stay tough, be the ones to carry the burden where we can, to lifghten it for those who can't handle it right now.  You know what I mean, Nightmare?"

[Edena Rez]

"If you don't like the idea of an informal interview, then consider me contracted by the ship's Commander to evaluate you."  Illya was not a Starfleet officer, and any medical licenses she had to practice psychology she might have held were long expired.  For that reason, she wasn't exactly formal, but if the idea helped Ida, then she would play along with it.  Comfort was the first priority of any good doctor who was counseling a patient.  "Do you feel that David Grayson was unsuitable for his position as Chief Security officer?"  It wasn't to speak ill of him, but Isa spoke of being passed over for that position.  Maybe if she stepped back and viewed it, she would see it as David deserving the spot, not as her being denied it based on her involvement on Niga.

"As you may know, there are four aspects to the Rez symbiont right now.  None of them feel that your actions taken against Edena were wrong.  It was for that reason that she wanted you to be disciplined off the record, so that your service record would not be marred by it.  We all saw a woman fiercely protective of her crew, who would do anything for it, even at the personal cost you were risking back then.  It's a quality that we could use in a Security Chief right now.  You're someone who isn't afraid to butt heads with your superiors.  You respect the chain of command, but you don't have blind faith in it.  You'll speak your mind when you have your own way of doing things, let it be judged accordingly.  On a Federation vessel, that can often mean trouble, given that the chain of command is such an important thing, but right now, I think the Theurgy needs you where you are, Lieutenant."

Illya stopped speaking for a moment, instead letting a warm breeze brush across her face, blow her rather short hair back a bit, and rustle the wrap around her hips to display a bit of thigh, a bikini bottom that followed the same blue pattern which brought out the creamy color of her skin.  Was the choice of blue Illya's idea, another way to put Ida at ease.  On a planet filled with red, the Andorian woman stood out in the color palette .  The clothes on Edena's body at least complimented her, maybe helped to cool the woman's mind amongst all the fire and heat. 

"Security shouldn't be so much of an issue while we're here, but we will work jointly with the Harbinger crew on it.  This should let you and their Security chief share the duties for the time being.  You can both arrange shifts that provide you some time of your own to rest and recuperate.  I am sorry that the temperatures on this planet are not very accommodating to you, Lieutenant.  I will be speaking to the captain about choosing a location on Theurgy, perhaps Below Decks, where we can create a cooler environment for crewmen to escape potential heat stroke.  Until then, just try and dress lightly.  As I am sure you can see by the Thermal Springs, we are relaxing the dress code temporarily, so don't feel the need to wear something stuffy.  Unwind while you can.  You should put those artist hands of yours to work.  It's good therapy."

Reply #9
[ Hannah "Nightmare" Slaverton ]

"Fuck Kanar!  You pilots need to learn how to drink something that doesn't taste like buffalo shit! Disregard that last statement. At least you can grow crops with manure.”

The voice came from the side of the bar counter, just by the edge of the spring, and Nightmare was forestalled from answering Maverick for a moment, casting her green eyes in that direction. There was a Cardassian woman lounging like a snake on a rock, looking in their direction. It was such a contradictory opinion from what might be expected coming from her species that Hannah had no idea what to answer at first, yet she soon grinned and waved - knowing that it had to be one of the Harbinger crew. "Don't worry, dear, it's your pilots whom are into that vile liquid shit. We only drink the good stuff! Oh, I just have to say that I think it's awesome to see one of your people in Starfleet. The crap from the Dominion War should rightly be considered a thing of the past!"

Then she turned her attention back to Maverick and brought his words back to mind. "Yeah," she paused, thinking about those in the Triage Centre, "Got to stay strong for those that died and those that cannot deal with all of this. Its a damn shame, though, with Hardtop and Ranger - again. They are both back with the medics with Hardtop perhaps not even making it through this fight. I think Ranger will be back in someone else's cockpit sooner or later, medical clearence or not. She is a fucking nut-case but damn she can fly a bird when she gets out there."

Pausing again, her eyes shifted to Maverick's, and that gleam in her eye returned. "Hey, you sneaky bastard," she said and reached out with one hand, grabbing the waistline of his boxers and forcibly pulling him to herself and the counter that she was leaning against, "you trying to get out of the deal? Order me a proper drink this time." She would not look away from his face though, craning her neck to grin at him when he made due - her so close she had to straddle his thigh while making an order across her shoulder. With the masculine wall of his body so close, she still did not move her open hands where they hung - elbows still resting on the counter. She liked to play with her game on the occasions that she prowled.

In the corner of her eye, she saw a white-haired man wade past them in the water. Looking away from Nathaniel, she saw that it was Ensign Winterbourne, Rawley's half-brother...

[ Cale Winterbourne ] Attn: IronFerrox

His light blue t-shirt and boxers clinging to his frame, Cale Winterbourne made his way along the bar counter in the water. First, he had passed by Commander Stark, whom he knew from the Bridge and the last battle, yet while he gave her a nod, smiles were very rare on his end. Also, he had another destination in mind. He passed by two of the Theurgy's Valkyrie Pilots too, and he inclined his head their way too - his eyes lingering a bit on the strong back of the male one. He held high regard for the Tactical Conn, their flying being of a different nature than the kind he was proficient in. For as the Theurgy's highest ranking Helmsman, despite lacking the rank and position of Chief Conn Officer, he knew how to fly birds of the larger kind.

Which was also the reason why he did not stop by the people from the Theurgy, but headed towards the flat rock at the side of the bar counter... and the Harbinger Cardassian that lay there - basking like a snake in the sun.

"Are you Master Chief Petty Officer S'Iti?" he asked as he came to stand before the ledge - his eyes politely averted from the body that she happened to flaunt in the firelight. It was not like she was alone in that regard, yet it would be impolite to gawk. While his smile was absent, he had heard that it was rather clear by first impression that he was the unsmiling kind - like an albino Vulcan without the pointed ears. Some say he truly lived up to his mother's last name. "My name is Ensign Cale Winterbourne, sitting at the helm of the Theurgy. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Funny how his half-sister and him were so unlike, even if they held so much in common genetically.

"I wanted to meet you and I wanted to shake your hand," he said, stoically, where he stood in his wet undergarments yet still appearing to almost wear formal dress, "for that was some remarkable flying that you did with the Harbinger." Odd to commend this woman while she lay upon a rock, and while he usually preferred men lately, he was not unable to appreciate the company of a woman too. As for why he thought such immodest thoughts, he supposed it was the aftermath of the altercation that they had been through. Odd, how certain fancies situated themselves...

[ ThanIda zh'Wann ]

“Do you feel that David Grayson was unsuitable for his position as Chief Security officer?”

A just question, even if it was a sensitive one. Ida did not know if it was more or less sensitive now that Grayson was in a stasis unit. "I did at first," she said quietly, the steam rising in wisps and surrounding her where she stood with her hands folded behind her back. Her antennae rose a little as she continued. "Until we had to flee from the Sol System, Grayson had been a quiet man. Withdrawn. Humble. Not a leader in any sense. Yet when we learned about the conspiracy in Starfleet Command, you might remember a certain Admiral Grayson in the transmissions we uncovered. The Admiral - Grayson's father - was one of those that had been... compromised, and after learning this, Grayson became more bold in the fighting during our escape, taking the centre stage, on his feet all the time. I knew he was motivated by personal issues that related to the loss of his father... and in my eyes, that was a liability. His priority was not the safety of our crew but the intent to vanquish the enemy. I wondered if Captain Ives and Commander Nerina - may she be restored to us when we get back to port - saw this too. Yet with the times being as they were... I doubt it. And since I... cracked when Wenn Cinn died, Grayson was promoted over me and given the Department Head position - me remaining as Deputy."

She paused. It was dishonour to speak ill of a fellow Guardsman like she had just done, only Starfleet was not the Imperial Guard. She had challenged Grayson about his personal attachment to the fight they led in that holding cell they'd shared, yet she had not voiced her concerns to Ives. Nor to Nerina. She had thought the problem obvious, perhaps to her fault. "Grayson proved his merit though, during the Niga incident and afterwards, until the Calamity hologram got to him. In retrospect, I believe my concerns were undue."

Raising her eyes, she listened to the praise and the suggestions, and while she did, she wondered if the decision about the Chief of Security position had already been made. Commander Rez said that the Theurgy needed her where she was, but that left it open to interpretation about if it meant as Chief or Deputy. She was not about to pursue this, however, since that was not the honourable way. If there was to be an exchange of crew, perhaps Lieutenant Diadeniera was more merited to hold the position of Chief - since she already did on the Harbinger- and had not carelessly led a Cadet on is first day to his near demise. Given how alone she was in her own Department, with the loss of respect from her subordinates after Niga, perhaps Diadeniera would - in that case - be the better choice. Perhaps it was due time Security got some new blood. She would just have to wait and see what the turnout would be.

Illya's suggestion to undress and unwind a bit was first met with a stoic frown of unease. It was true that she would nothing rather than remove her jacket and undershirt. Objections about the fauna on the planet being unknown crowded in her throat, the risk to the crew unknown even if it was highly unlikely... yet in seeing Edena's thigh bared by the breeze, Ida decided that she would follow the suggestion of her superior officer. Looking to the bathers, she did spot an Andorian from the Harbinger crew. The young crewman seemed to have been pushed there by peer pressure, since he looked so light-headed he barely needed the blue ale in his hand. If nothing else, she might go advice him to retire for the evening.

"Yes, Commander, I will speak with Lieutenant Diadeniera," she said, using the rank even if it was the grafter who spoke to her. She smiled a little and cleared her throat, beginning to remove her garments one at the time. She happened to wear a non-regulation white tank underneath the undershirt, and it was damp with perspiration. She looked to Illya, if she was still present. "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. After T'Less and Grayson fell, I thought I'd have to continue with my duties in quietude."

Reply #10
[Nathan Isley]

He was pulled in by Hannah by the only piece of clothing he had on.  The result had her pinned against the bar, his body pressed to hers.  He could have backed off, but he appeared to have little interest in that idea, liking the feel of her thighs riding his leg, of her bosom pressed up against him.  If she wanted a proper drink, then he would get her one.  "Hey barkeep, two shots of your strongest stuff," he said, looking to Slaverton like there was a challenge coming.  She liked her drink and he liked the fact that he could out-drink nearly any person he had ever met.  If this was all about having some fun and unwinding, he could think of a few ways to do that with a sexy raven-haired fighter pilot with no fear.  "Let's see how many drinks you can handle before I'm gonna have to carry your tight ass out of this spring, Nightmare."

[Edena Rez]

"His training was different from yours, as are your values and your beliefs.  It's reasonable to question what you don't understand.  The important part is that you figured out your common goals and that you could work well together."  Could the same be said of Edena and Ida?  Hadn't the two of them started out at odds with one another, and now found themselves fighting for the same goal?  Maybe Ida wasn't entirely trustful of the Commander just yet, but maybe that was a good thing.  She acted to protect her crew, and as illya had already stated, that was something all the hosts of the Rez symbiont would respect.

"What's with all this Commander stuff?  It's Illya, remember?"  Edena was the one in control of the body at that point, so why bother with ranks.  Illya had only been doing it to make Ida more comfortable, the Andorian still too stern with herself when around superior officers.  To see her shed some of her uniform, a white t-shirt that had become rather see through the first thing staring her in the face, Illya was using Edena's face to show off that mischievous grin of hers.  "Seems you have a habit of getting into wet t-shirt contests when around me, babe."  Illya was flirting again, using that same nickname she had given her long ago.  "You know, I always did take it personally that you didn't fall for my charms back then.  Here I was, naked in a sonic shower, you could everything, and I am flirting with you,. And you don't accept?  Started second guessing if Edena's body was as hot as I thought, which thankfully was put to rest by the SCO and his little crush on her."

Illya leaned in closer, saying the words that were far too blunt for Edena to dream of saying to anyone, let alone to another woman.  "So is it that you don't wanna fuck me, or were you just too serious that day, babe?"

Reply #11
 [Rory Callahan]

Just as he was warming up, hoping that calling Natalie pretty would make her feel good since she looked like she needed a bit of cheering, the big guy called out for a different drink.  Turning to see him pressing the dark haired beauty against the floating bar, he worried for a moment they would knock everything into the water.  With an inward sigh he turned back to Natalie and smiled his most charming smile again.  "You think a bit more on what ye'd like an' I'll be right back," he said with a wink.

They wanted something strong and he just so happened to have a case of what used to be illegal, rightly so given how much trouble it had caused Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy so long ago.  Taking out two tall glasses, he poured in the light blue liquid and didn't skimp.   "This should blow yer knickers off," he said with a cheeky grin as he set the Romulan Ale down within easy reach of the two pilots.  "Definitely tastes better than that lighter fluid," he agreed with the assessment of the Kanar.

Grabbing a couple of ales on the way back down the bar for some of the crew members he knew, he finally made his way back to Natalie.  His eyebrows rose in that questioning way but he couldn't help noticing her rich brown eyes and the sweet curve of her lips.  "At risk of havin' me head knocked off for bein' forward, I have t' say a Samarian Sunset is pretty but wouldn't do ye justice.  Perhaps some Altairian Brandy or a classic wine would suit better?"

Reply #12

If it was something Nightmare knew well, besides flying, then it was how to party.

This was definitely her atmosphere, her setting, with a bar counter behind her back and enjoying the close attention of a man - ordering her drinks and not thinking her a fragile porcelain doll. The bonus lay in this particular setting, with their lower bodies hidden under the surface of the spring and the rolling clouds of fog encompassing glistening bodies. To top it off, the bartender seemed on top of things, providing her and Maverick with their first set of drinks.

"Our thanks, Singer!" called Hannah after the man as he vanished towards other customers. Then she returned her full attention towards the man who's thigh she was half-straddling in the water - her green eyes climbing to his bearded face. "You know, last time we had a drink, you made a mess, remember? I think you were about to call it a night soon enough, clumsy as you were."

She was referring to Below Decks and the drinking game, of course, where he had tried to drink a shot from her cleavage. Teasing him, she knew it was the Red Alert that had made a mess of things, yet it was not like she was going to let him off so easily.

Picking up her own small glass of Romulan Ale, which she was quite familiar with, she bit the glass rim with her teeth playfully in mischievous thoughts. This, while looking into her wingmate's brown eyes in the rolling fog, "So we drink," she said, shifting her thighs around his a bit, "to what?"

[ ThanIda zh'Wann ]

"Illya, of course," she corrected herself with a small smile and dropped the jacket and undershirt in a pile beside herself. ThanIda had come to know Illya quite well, even if she had spoken with Edena to an extent in the First Officer's Ready Room a couple of weeks past. The drawing came to mind anew, yet this was not the time for canvas and paints, with the humidity not good for either.

Admittedly, Ida felt a bit too strict and formal considering the occasion and the setting, yet it was just because Illya had managed to break the proverbial ice and made her look at things without the yoke of failure and fear for the safety of the crew. Trust was a rare thing coming from Ida, and she still had the fact that Edena Rez had been hiding her identity for a long time aboard the Theurgy in the back of her mind when speaking with her. Yet apparently, so did Illya, whom addressed the incident on new terms - or rather with ideas of old that had come to fall into focus again that night.

When Ida was in her damp white tank top and Illya commented upon it, stepping close and demanding uncomfortable answers from her... Ida had a choice. Either she would join in on the jargon, or she would allow her failures and the deaths of the other day bring her down. As much as she missed Grayson and T'Less, and regretted the fate of the Cadet, the voyage to the Sol System was far from over, and here was the Executive Officer putting credit into her fortitude and the way she performed her duties. Perhaps, she should try and push back the regret, and enjoy herself in the way she could before her Security Officers had decided to not invite her to their nights in Below Decks.

"Miles Renard would hardly be the only one finding our First Officer easy to rest one's eye upon," she said and smiled in a lopsided way, tilting her head and antennae to meet Illya's intimate glance, "and as I recall it, I paused in thought of the offer you made, yet I decided that the risk was too great - putting the crew in the first room... instead of my own desire."

Running her teeth across her lower lip, Ida's midnight blue eyes dropped to the opening of Edena's wrap, and she lifted a blue thumb to lazily hook it behind the waistline of the bikini bottom - her fingertips against the hip of the Pinkskin. Her other hand hung idle for the time being. "For my desire," she said and raised her eyes with a slowly growing smile, "was never something I could deny, be it as an artist or as a woman. I merely had to make a hard decision, Lor'Vela knows it, and the option of 'fucking' you right there in that sonic shower made it so."

Perhaps distraction was the right choice that night. She basically had the XO's permission to set her duties aside, didn't she?

Reply #13
[Nathan Isley]

It was appropriate to have a toast, to think in honor of something.  Natghan found himself stuck for something to say, to think what might be the best thing to honor.  After a bit of thought, there was only thing one thing he thought appropriate.  "To keeping ourselves in the air."  Every day they had a dog fight, it wasn't just skill that was keeping them from getting into their last battle.  Maybe there was a bit of luck involved tioo.  Isley thought it only fitting that they should make a toast to that, that they might keep living to see the fight after the next one.  With the toast decided on, they had their drink, intense enough to leave Nathan slamming the bar with his fist a few times in an attempt to fight it all the way down.  With a sharp exhale, he declared "Whoo!  That is the good stuff.  Now many of those you think you can handle, Slaverton?"

A challenge?  Maybe.  "And for the record, any clumsiness with that shot was because my shot holder wasn't on stable footing herself, and if I was going to be calling it a night, it was only because I suspected I wouldn't be going alone."  His self-defense was spoken with a grin on his face, a bit of teasing to counter Hannah's own.

[Edena Rez]

Ida's efforts brought Illya against her, the thumb in her bikini bottom serving as the tether that drew her, their hips meeting in an act which brought a smile to the borrow face of the ghost that inhabited the Theurgy Executive officer.  Edena's hips were only covered by what parts of the wrap hadn't been adjusted by the wind and Ida's contact, bare thigh brushed against uniformed pants as the Trill's face took on a slight arousal.  "You speak like a poet, babe, but are words all you have for me?  During the Ishtar incident, I had my body again, you know.  I got to use it and everything.  It awakened some urges in me that I have been wanting to satisfy, but Edena is a bit too tame when it comes to the bedroom.  Other then what happened during the outbreak, she hadn't slept with anyone since she was still in the academy."

It was a proposition, but not like the one that ida had suspected when last they spoke.  She had thought it was blackmail back then, but this time, Illya was making it obvious that this was flirtation, and invitation even.  She wanted some comfort which could only be found in another body, and maybe the Andorian security officer needed some of her own, the feeling of closeness after going through losses of both friends and colleagues, maybe even loved ones.

Reply #14

"To keeping ourselves in the air," said Hannah in agreement, and tosses back the small glass with a smile.

A smile was replaced by a strained grin and a small cough, putting the back of her hand against her lips for a moment while her eyes waters up, and then she threw her head back and cried out in revelry - slamming down the glass behind her. She heard Nathan's question, and while chuckling in the aftermath of the sensation burning down her throat, she answered - propping herself up on the bar counter with her both elbows again. That first one was always a kicker.

"Plenty, I say," she said and made a small noise of contentment in her scourged throat as she felt her blood running warmer in her chest - spreading out into her body. She was war to begin with, given the setting, yet this was another kind of warmth. One that harmonised with the warmth of Nathan's body so close to her own. Her green eyes met his in challenge. "More than you can, surely, unless you decide to forfeit the game for the sake of other spoils. For while you might loose this game by giving in, you might have the chance of enjoying other treats."

True to her word, she glanced around the immediate area and slipped a hand down into the warm water - an idle motion innocent but for the chance that Nathan might spoil the illusion that nothing had changed. "Because speaking of going home alone, that might not have to be the case this time around, if you decide to give me the win."

Her fingerstips found his base and slid around it - tickling the length lightly through his sodden boxers from hilt to tip.

"What are you waiting for? Order us another round...?" Her teeth being bared in a grin was adjoined with an innocent raising of her eyebrows in the firelight. "Unless you have had enough for tonight already?"The stakes were honour and restraint against surrender, and Nightmare liked to think the odds were in her favour, even if neither of them could truly loose.

[ ThanIda zh'Wann ]

"Perhaps words are more than enough right now... right here..." said Ida and glanced around with conspirator's smile, "given as you are not in your own body right now but that of our First Officer's. Like you said, I hardly think Edena would like if we progressed any further tight here and now in plain sight. It might be bad for her image if she was thought to enjoy public displays quite so publicly..."

Odd to speak of someone in third person while she was right there behind those eyes. Still it was best considering all parties involved, and given the reactions she remembered when speaking of painting Edena's bare body, she thought that the Executive Officer could not be entirely opposed to Illya's and her immediate desires.

Unhooking her thumb from Edena's bikini-bottom, Ida stepped past Illya and slowly let her steps carry them away from the Lounge area. The bathers might not see any details because of the fog, so Ida did glance behind herself from time to time to make sure Illya did not loose sight of her. The soft undergrowth beyond the hot springs met her shoes eventually, and the lush terrain gave plenty of hiding places. Not before long, Ida came to a stop behind a jutting corner of a tall boulder - her white hair catching the searchlights of distant cranes on top of the Harbinger without really casting any light upon where she stood.

When Edena came into view, Ida just stood there, waiting for the ghost inside the Executive Officer to approach... even hands idle by her sides. The tension was thick in the humid air.

Reply #15
[Natalie Stark | Hot Springs Bar]

Natalie spotted the pale skinned Conn officer as he passed her on the way down the bar. He nodded to her, and she returned he gesture to the Ensign. The two had survived the assault on the bridge by the Calamity's avatar, side by side. It was a harrowing experience, once she wanted to forget (perhaps the driving factor behind her coming down to the hot spring bar) but she did not let that desire make her reactions to Winterbourne cold. She sensed he had a goal in mind that wasn't her, so a quick polite nod was more then sufficient. And by then, there was someone after her attention specifically.

Her gaze rose, as did the color of her cheeks, to meet the Celtic, barely clad man behind the floating bar; clearly, he was the bartender for the night. He had been the man that performed the small number earlier, at the joint gathering. Natalie had to admit that he had quite the inspiring voice, and, while easy going, his up front manner caught her slightly off guard.It was refreshing, for sure, and far different from a lot of the officers and crew she worked with. Very few people there were simply at ease with her; and she had never really gotten a chance to know William Regal, the Theurgy's bartender, before the misfortunes of the Niga incident left him in stasis, along with so many of the crew.

Before she could tell the bartender that she didn't really have much experience with alcohol - tho still more then I've had with sex , she thought ruefully - her coworkers from the Tac Conn wing were once again demanding the bartenders attentions. He rattled off something quick that left Natalie stammering, and blushing all at once. She wasn't used to people flirting, and while the analytical (and perhaps cynical, at this point) part of her mind told the soaked brunette that he was just being polite, the part of her that hadn't done much flirting at all was encouraged, and maybe just the slightest bit wistful. Flustered, she watched him work, and pondered his words.

When he returned, Natalie smiled, and placed her hands on the bar, taking a slow breath to calm herself down. It didn't help the blush, but still, she managed that smile, by God. "Honestly Mr..?" she waited for him to supply a name, then smiled "Lt Cmdr Stark," She replied, then amended "NO rank pips," a stutter, "Natalie will work. As I was saying, I don't drink much," hardly a drop at all, you liar!, "So I think, well, what would you recommend?" She gulped, but she got it all out.

Reply #16
[ Triage Centre | En-Route to the Thermal Springs Lounge ] Attn: Searcher

Waiting outside the Triage Centre after having completed his follow-up meeting with Dr. Amelya Duv, Dr. Nicander was enjoying the cooler air of the twilight evening. Despite how the commanding officers had tried to simulate volcanic heat and a forest fire with all the torches - in order to throw off the sensors of the Calamity with the exothermic chemical processes and the black-body electromagnetic radiation - the air outside was definitely more inviting than inside the Triage Centre. The coming night would be cool, however, so they would be able to get the temperature conditioning devices to work on the morrow.

As it were, Lucan had removed his teal undershirt and his labcoat long before heading out, standing bare-chested and unshaven below a unknown kind of birch-like tree - leaning against the trunk with his forearm and rubbing his forehead. To restrain the presence inside during everything that had happened during the past day had given him a severe headache, and he was covered in layers of itching sweat. With only his hands remained cleaned and sanitised, he looked very much forward to a relaxing bath. Perhaps it would soothe the beast as well, even if it was unlikely.

"Hi there," he said as he heard and saw Eve come. He smiled to her as he turned around, having just been about to contact her with the combadge in his pocket. "I think I have never been more in need of a bath. What do you say? Judging by the echoes across the valley, it seems like the Lounge they put up is popular. Should we go?"

OOC: Feel free to have Lucan walk beside her in your post. :)

Reply #17
[Rory Callahan]

Ah the poor lass was nervous but not in the way he was used to with fans.  He sensed she was that way with just about anyone and it made her all the more endearing.  "Callahan, but just call me Rory.  I'm no' Starfleet a'tall so jus' me given name'll do," he introduced himself with a casual smile and offered his hand.  "Lieutenant Commander Natalie Stark ... sounds quite impressive but 'm glad to call ye by yer lovely given name."

He was thoughtful for a moment and held up a finger in the universal 'gimme a moment' sign, wagging it a little as his brow furrowed while he rifled through a few boxes.  "I think this would be suitable," he said as he lifted a rather plain looking bottle out and uncorked it with a bit of flair, waving the bottle a moment and taking a sniff, nodding with a satisfied expression.  "Jus' lettin' her breathe a bit," he went on amiably and retrieved a wine glass.

"Bit older vintage, red and sweet but not too much kick.  I stumbled across it in the States an' it was so unusual I always try t'make sure there's some on hand."  He poured a fair amount out in a glass and the color was a beautiful ruby red.  "There's a bit of apple flavor, which is really nice, but the most interestin' was somethin' like cotton candy.  Don' know if ye've had any o' that but it's spun sugar that turns into a fluffy cloud an' lit'rally melts in your mouth."

"It's a good drink for those who don't drink much, used a lot as a dessert wine in fact.  If that doesn't agree, then we'll find another that might do," he explained as he handed her the glass, a finger lightly brushing against hers though he didn't release until he knew she had a good hold.  Rory was careful with his drinks, preferring not to spill a drop lest he feel the sadness of a wasted moment of flavor bursting on his ... or in this case his patron's lips which admittedly had him a bit entranced.

[Eve Jenkins - En-Route to Thermal Springs Lounge]

She'd gotten Rihen someone much more qualified to help her talk through her feelings and awakened Lieutenant Nora Patterson from her rest and explained the staggering of shifts, placing her on a twelve hour rotation opposite of her own.  Now it was time to meet up with Lucan and though she was weary, there was that light and bubbly feeling inside of her as she thought of him.

That sensation only nearly boiled over when she saw him leaning against a tree, his bare torso displayed so deliciously.  He was rubbing his head though and even at this distance she could see his muscles were taut with stress.  She was still in full uniform, having continued to check on patients when her part was done which gave an excuse to be somewhat playful.

"I hate it when I'm overdressed," she murmured and unzipped the uniform top showing the teal undershirt to be plastered to her skin, the heat inside the triage having made her sweat as she scurried about assisting what seemed like everywhere at once.

"I think a drink and a good soak is just what the doctor ordered," she chuckled and hooked her hand in his arm as they ambled toward the hot springs.  "You are definitely getting a massage to help with that headache," she added quite casually.

Reply #18
[Nathan Isley]

Hannah played a very clever gambit.  His superior constitution would never let her win a drinking game against him.  It was more about how long she lasted then if she could best him, but she found the one means by which to make him concede.  She suggested far more amorous activities that could be taking place, her hand against his manhood through his boxer briefs serving as the exclamation point to the words she spoke.  To give up for such reasons wouldn't have been all that honorable, would it?

Fuck honor!  He wasn't a Klingon!

"You know, now that you mention it, I am feeling not quite up to it tonight.  Maybe the heat is getting to me more then I realized."  It wasn't the heat of the thermal spring, however, but how hot Slaverton was getting him.  She was an effective seductress when she wanted to be, but did she have the intensity in the bedroom.  The last time he had slept with a fellow pilot, Skye carver proved to be as tough as any woman he'd ever known, going round for round with him until they both had their fill.  Did Hannah have that same kind of durability?  That same kind of contrition?  He would have been more then happy to find out.

[Edena Rez (Illya in control)]

"Edena doesn't mind me having some fun as long as I am discreet.  It isn't like her body is innocent to most things."  Illya confirmed.  Edena wouldn't be upset if the two of them wanted some time together, so long as no one else knew about it.  She was still being professional, still trying to figure herself out in the midst of an identity crisis.  Illya knew exactly who she was, however, and she also knew exactly what she wanted to do with the blue skinned beauty.

When they found each other again, hidden from prying eyes by the lack of light, the lushness of the foliage and the cover of the boulder, Illya wasted no time taking what she wanted.  She pressed up against Ida, their chests swelling together in union, as their lips met.  It was tentative at first, testing the grounds before getting deeper, stronger.  Her hands found the woman's sides, holding her closely, intimately.  She was used to people feeling hot, but Ida was cooler, not to the point of cold, but enough that she noticed.  For blue skin and cooler temperature bodies, Ida had a way of turning up the heat.  "Been a while since I was with an Andorian woman.  You'll have to remind me if all the buttons are the same."  It was a simple question.  Compared to other humanoid females, did Andorian women have different erogenous zones that Illya could take advantage of.  She had once had fun with a species whose greatest erogenous zone was their elbows.  Suffice to say, a nudge from one's elbow meant something far different in that culture, something illya learned when her means of getting someone's attention was taken as a sexual advance.  That had been a fun night.

Reply #19

"You know, now that you mention it, I am feeling not quite up to it tonight.  Maybe the heat is getting to me more then I realized."

"Oh?" said Hannah where she was leaning against the bar, looking up at him with wide, innocent eyes. One of her hands remained below the misty surface of the water, and only her wicked grin might betray what was going on there. "You feel like you are quite... up to it. Are you that sure you forfeit the game, recognising me as the winner only after one drink? My my, I guess you really can't hold your alcohol, Maverick..."

Throwing a teasing grin his way, she shifted her legs around in the water, turning to face the bar instead. She leaned against it and pretended taking an inventory of what was available... while working her behind against Nathan's hardening crotch. Slow, undulating movements in the water, barely noticeable, yet still firmly applied. The fabric of their undergarments warm and weightless, it left little to the imagination. It lasted only a couple of seconds, before Hannah straightened and leaned her back against the hard planes of her wingmate's chest.

"Nope, I can't find anything else I'd like to drink here on my own," she said wistfully, looking up at him over her shoulder with her hands on the bar counter. "However do you suggest I celebrate my sweet victory now?"

[ ThanIda zh'Wann ]

Tilting her head, Ida met the kiss from Illya without retreating an inch. She closed her eyes, and felt Edena's body meet her own - the damp tank Ida wore doing little to mask the hardening of her cerulean nipples through the fabric. The dim, sweeping light of the crane high above them played over their bodies in the intimate embrace, and a small moan of tensions released escaped Ida - muffled by the First Officer's warm mouth.

Since her own waist was embraced by Illya, Ida's hands roamed the ghost's back and neck, cheeks and shoulders - raked through her dark hair. When asked if Andorian's had specific preferences, Ida chuckled ruefully against those inviting Pinkskin lips. "They are, all in all, the same..." she breathed, using her thumbs to pull Edena's blue bikini top upwards - the bared breasts spilling free from the cloth against her own bosom. Ida let the bikini top be afterwards, still clasped behind the back. The kisses never ceased. Not truly. "My antennae are very susceptible to touch... Not as sensitive to touch as the Ferengi ear, yet intimate contact with an Andorian's... nngh... antennae is nonetheless considered soothing."

Breaking the kiss to lean down, Ida framed a breast in her blue hand and encompassed the hard peak with her lips - tonguing and sucking upon it. "The stroking of antennae... is considered an act more advanced than a hug, but less intimate than a kiss... Otherwise we are the same... My endoskeleton... won't be in the way... Mmmhh..."

A fiery trail of kisses, so warm for being that of a cobalt-blooded being, roamed the skin of the Trill.

[ Dr. Lucan cin Nicander ]

Leading Eve across the plain and towards the distant frivolities, Lucan answered Eve with a small smile on his exotic features. "I'm much obliged," he said, enjoying the breeze as they walked in the alley of torches, "and please, do not think you will be the only one pampering. I have the idea to make you enjoy the evening as well. So tell me, is there ought I might do to make the lady's evening memorable?"

Eventually, they would reach the Harbinger, and from there, it would only be a matter of following the noise of people and waterfalls. The dark thoughts that surfaced in Lucan's mind contemplated what might happen if he chose to add diluted hypochlorite to the water. The moving mass of water and the heat would make the dissolving effect incredible. Oh, he might even chose to use a mix of concentrated sulfuric acid and a even more concentrated dosage of hydrogen peroxide... Idly, he wondered which would itch and hurt the more, making the bathers leave prematurely.

Perhaps he might settle for doing it in the Neotin quarters. Ash'reem bones were softer and there would be literally nothing left of them afterwards. The worst that could happen were if Amikris and her father Arcorn clogged up the decon filters in the Theurgy's water system.

Suppressing the thoughts that stemmed from the presence underneath his skin, Lucan raked a hand through his dishevelled hair and smiled to Eve - thus finding it easier to push away the images that kept coming. "I never got the chance to ask you what befell you when the Ishtar entity roamed the ship. Anything you care to talk about?"

Slowly, they came to enter the shadow of the Harbinger.

Reply #20
S'iti Aisha

She smiled holding out her hand, Pleased to meet your acquaintance. You weren't too bad yourself.  Takes quite the talent to coordinate three vectors at once.  Experimental AI on-board the ship or not.  You must have had your hands full at the Conn.  She said opening her eyes and smiling to the young conn officer.  

She then heard the remark about the dominion war being a thing of the past and cursed lightly to herself. "My 'race' is an endangered species.  It it wasn't bad enough that the Anglos nearly Killed my culture off hundreds of years ago.  Then the Cardies who all but slammed the coffin on my peoples culture.  Took ya'll Feddies long enough to see things strait and believe your own former colonists." 

"Funny, Earth gets attacked by the Borg and it's 'drop everything, Earth needs help.'  Bunch of 'primitives' from earth get slaughtered by Scalies and you do everything you can to appease the damned snakes.  Now that the war is over its, 'Oh lets not judge them; lets not hate them; they need to rebuild.'  Wheres the people who be there to ask to rebuild the former Federation colonies in the DMZ.  Oh that's right they are dead.  Can't answer a wheel that's forever gone, but you sure as hell can listen to a squeeky one.  The Cardassians did all they could to make sure their voices would never be heard.  Ya know, If I stay the only one to ever wear this uniform then that's one too many of my species with a positive record in the eyes of this Federation."  she said in a low voice every word dripping with venom as she spoke it.

She laid back on the rock looking around for a moment then sighing, "Sorry about that little rant there.  I just get irritated with how everyone seems to want to forgive the crimes of the Cardassians and seem to forget the people who they all but made extinct"

Reply #21
[Nathan Isley]

Hannah liked to rub it in, proving herself to be a sore winner.  She was seducing him into giving up, and when he suggested that he might, she began to gloat over it.  It would have been enough to make him change his mind normally, to drink her under the table and deposit her drunken body in her room.  The only thing that prevented him from it was the feeling of her barely covered buttocks against his crotch, practically grinding into his stiffness.  "let's just say I wouldn't want the alcohol to get in the way of certain exercises.  If you want a means to celebrate your victory, maybe you should join me on that.  I promise you you haven't had a work out quite so . . . exhausting before."  He could go until she would say no more, as Slaverton could find out if she accepted the invitation.  She might have been codenamed Nightmnare, but he had nothing but sweet dreams in store for her tonight.

[Edena Rez]

A lot of people made a big deal about Andorian antennae, the same way they often lavished attention upon a Trill's spots.  They were those unique features about their race that made them exotic, different from others.  At least ida got something out of it though, even if it was just slightly more intimate then a hug.  As she bared Edena's breasts, a decent sized C cup, Illya used the Commander's face to give a wicked smile, returning the favor to Ida by pulling up her own soaked shirt, exposing her own bosom to the warm night air.  Despite the heat, their nipples were stiff, thanks to the arousal they both felt.  As Ida lowered her head to wrap her lips around the Trill's breast, Illya let out a satisfied sigh, her hands moving through the snow white hair of her partner, fingertips lightly brushing along her antenna  Her other hand reached down to press against a trim stomach, the result of Ida's workouts and physical conditioning.  Rubbing circles in the stomach, she soon drifted up to cup a breast, to return the attention being given her to, squeezing the ripe melon in her palm, letting her nipple roll between a thumb and finger, creating a gentle twist

"Mmm, your mouth feels so wonderful there.  You had better let me return the favor before we continue onto anything else," Illya told her, always wanting to give as well as she received, if not better.

Reply #22
[ Cale Winterbourne ]

Whatever faint ghostly smile that touched Cale's features when he shook Chief Aisha's hand vanished when  she became upset about something said from the bar's direction. He turned his silvery head of hair that way to try and see if there was anyone attempting to start a fight, yet it rather seemed like there was some kind of misunderstanding from the Theurgy crew's side and the pilot  had taken offence. The words from the Cardassian woman at least shed some light on who she was.

"Please, there is nothing for me to forgive," he said and propped himself up against the edge the rock she lay upon with an elbow and nodded towards the bar, "and I think ignorance might be at fault in this case. Bajorans also have trouble forgiving Cardassia so easily after the Dominion Wars ended. I do think that with this uniform, we are supposed to be impartial and objective in these matters, yet its rather hard when history has dictated every premise we have for ending up in the fleet."

Pausing, Winterbourne looked back to the exotic MCPO. He might be deemed as a man made of ice, and yet his eyes came to wander briefly. This Aisha might technically have been of lower rank than himself yet her elevated non-commissioned rank suggested greater experience than his own. He decided to see how far gossip had spread. "Have you had the chance to learn what has befallen the Theurgy crew since after we fled San Francisco? I bet there must be many stories circulating at this point."

Enjoying how she felt Nathaniel's chest reverberate when he spoke since her face was turned up towards him as she leaned her back into his muscular frame. Hannah raised her eyebrows with mock-surprise. "Exhausting exercise? Are we to power up a Gymnasium aboard the Theurgy?" she asked, playing a coy dimwit even if the gleam in her eye showed she knew exactly what was afoot and that she clearly meant to follow along - merely playing in her situation a bit. "Sounds like you have confidence in your physical stamina, Maverick. If nothing else, I would like to see you put your money where your mouth is."

And suddenly, she had used her hold on the bar counter to push backwards, meaning to topple her wingmate over in the water. Regardless of outcome, she slipped away a few feet by wading through the water. She turned and shot the man a grin and a sultry look. "You will have to catch me first, though!" she proclaimed with playful mischief and began to wade through the throng of people - heading for the waterfalls at the back end of the springs...

[ ThanIda zh'Wann ]

Paying diligent attention to Edena's breasts, which curve and mass became better known through touch and taste rather than sight due to the darkness, Ida gasped for breath when she was touched in kind - the air against her bared breasts making her moan against the First Officer's flesh. Her antennae shifted underneath the delicate touch, sending shivers down her body and filling her eyes with clouded memories.

The spotted Pinkskin was clearly enjoying the attention, and said she wanted to compensate Ida in kind - something that Ida would surely not object to. Her tongue twirling around the hardened nipple inside her mouth, she broke away eventually with a hard kiss and framed her own breast with her hand in breathless offering. Her other hand pressed Edena closer as it lay upon the small of her back.

Last time she'd had sex was more than two days ago with T'Less in her quarters, so she might not be desperate for intimacy for lack of it, but rather for the sake of the moment found with Illya at long last. There had been plenty of talk and innuendo, yet now - finally - it looked liked they had caught a break. Between hasty breaths, Ida had to ask, "Would you still like me to draw you some day?" she asked, voice trembling and hands roaming Edena at every chance she got after surrendering her bared blue flesh to the Executive Officer, "I promise I will leave my phaser out of reach."

Reply #23
Aisha S'Iti

She sighed, "I shouldn't be so sensitive about this whole thing I guess."  she said looking around.  "And those pilots have nothing on the SCO on our ship.  Guy was raised by an diplomat to Cardassia or something.   Practically runs his squad like a Gul from what I have heard." she said.

"And, I'm not holding it against the Cardassians themselves.  War is what it is, war.  Would I have prejudice myself against a Cardassian soldier?  Of course not.  If I held prejudices against the people who fight in wars then I would loathe the Federation for the deaths of my birth parents during the Cardassian Wars.  Still I do feel slighted in its own way.  Its like brass cared more about patching things up with our former enemies than considering how its own allies might feel having their aide supplies sent to help rebuild the empire that tried to either extinct them or subject them to abject slavery.  I mean there are plenty of small refugee colonies barely surviving in the former DMZ, the remnants of the people the Maquis fought for.   Their aide is diverted to the people that tried to extinct them.  No, welcoming our new allies into the fold is one thing.  The way it reminds me of how the brass seems to care more about patching things up with the Dominion and it's allies rather than repairing the damage they caused their own citizens.  That's what pisses me off."

She paused a moment noticing how he came closer and welcoming it as she shook her head regarding the rumors.  "No real rumors actually.  There was a rise in propaganda against questioning orders from brass.  Academy teachers have begun to withhold much of the content regarding instances where the actions of a captain defying the admiralty's orders have resulted in said captains being hailed as heroes.  Needless to say the stories of James Kirk's more well known exploits have been disappearing from curriculum.  As for rumors on you guys.  Not much really.  We were given orders. We were told to hunt you down and kill on sight.  The Mark III:s and the Theurgy-class vessel were deemed acceptable losses.  Orders were maintain radio silence.  No quarter is to be accepted.  Destroy the vessel and any fleeing craft including any escape pods.  As for rumors about you guys and your motives.  Most rumors are you stole some secret super weapon and this is why you have been unable to be destroyed in combat.  Those of us who have some degree of intelligence to us Disreguard the superweapon rumors and think you keep on evading capture because of your fighter squadron of Mark Threes and because you have a state of the art MVAM ship with the most advanced ship brain in the fleet.  Any tactician would see that in a head to head fight there are few ships to match the Theurgy, and it would take quite the tactician to defeat it in combat especially with your Experimental AI."  She smirked thinking about the ship,  "I guess you could say I envy you a bit.  You have no idea how badly I would love to sit at your Conn Desk.  An Akira class is fun and all, but a Theurgy in MVAM though. God...I bet she flies like a Falcon.  To coordinate the movements with the help of a ship's  brain like Thea's.  It must be amazing."

Reply #24
[ Cale Winterbourne ]

"It is something quite different, so say the least," said Winterbourne and his gaze drifted off, remembering the things he had been through since he was commissioned aboard the Theurgy at the time it had returned to San Francisco. He had been fresh out of the Academy when he operated the Conn of an Excelsior starship, and had thought - in his detached appraisal of things - that he had known what he was getting into. He had studied the Theurgy ship extensively, wrapped his head around the new additions to it - tried to work out some kind of linear and easy way to predict and control the output of Thea's digital mind. Yet just as little as he had been able to read Thea and put her down as an ordinary AI, just as little had he expected what was to happen.

The last almost three months of insanity and battle had made him numb. He had known he was a decent when at the Conn of a starship, but to think that he had been able to work with an AI and his fellow crew and fought the entire fleet for sake of protecting the truth. Added on top of this was the outbreak aboard when they had orbited Niga. He remembered some. Other things were lost. He knew he had been cornered on the Main Bridge. Ensign Carletta from the Science Department had... They had been at it like dogs in heat, and it was something so abject to reason... this image of himself and the Ensign in his lap - riding him while he sat in the Command Chair. Oh, and then there was that 'god' that had come their way, meaning to profit from the energies the crew had emitted at Niga. It was so utterly insane he had no words to describe it. Surely the rumours about it all would spread like wildfire in the valley quite shortly.

"Something quite different..." he repeated, then caught himself having halted the conversation in his musings. "Pardon me. I was daydreaming. Tell me, is it true that your species thrive in this kind of heat? Your scales look more... revitalised than upon other Cardassians I have seen." It was true, she glowed like her wet undergarments might catch the light. His analytical mind stayed on the subject, just as his eyes were.

Simple Audio Video Embedder