Skip to main content
Topic: PRO: S [D01|0715] A Thankful Breakfast for Three (Read 3911 times) previous topic - next topic

PRO: S [D01|0715] A Thankful Breakfast for Three

[ Lt. Commander Alana Pierce & Ensign Lauren Pierce | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @P.C. Haring  [Show/Hide]

Alana sat back in the mess hall. She had already ordered her food but was waiting on the rest of the parties to arrive. She could see the steam of the heat releasing from the dish of scrambled eggs, crispy hashbrowns and crispy turkey bacon. The smell of it was appetizing to say the least as she looked at the clock on the opposing wall of the room. She felt slightly nervous for many reasons. The first was that she hadn't afforded the luxury to see her great granddaughter since the night of the karaoke night. She remembered one of the party with Tessa, Lauren and Scruffy was a medic and was killed shortly after that sadly. Same as Fisher.

Looking back she heard the door swoosh open and the other red headed woman who had a similar look to her own arrive. She walked over to the console and ordered quickly and glanced around the room to find her relative on the ship already seated. Lauren waved at Alana as she smiled and gave a faint wave back to motion her over.

"I hope you don't mind. I invited a friend of mine to join us. Who as a matter of fact without her, we'd not have met yet." She smiled hoping it was okay for an already odd situation.

Smiling back she shrugged. "No problem. I think it'll help us get to know one another better anyhow."

The two women glanced at each other's dishes and realized they'd inadvertantly ordered the same exact plate in the same style.

"Wait?! You like this dish too?" Lauren yelled in excitement.

"Apparently we have more than the gender and hair in common then." She winked with a grin. "So my friend actually is friends or a fellow Wolf with Tessa..." She choked on Tessa's name and took a drink of her juice. "But her name is Reggie. She actually helped me a week or so ago with an incident in the gym, and then on a covert mission...but I've said enough."

Glancing at the door, she saw the fighter pilot's arrival. Alana sent a mental message directed at Reggie since she figured the other woman was listening anyhow. "Hey Reggie. Get a plate and meet us over here." Alana sent over her own mind as she looked and nodded at the table before them.

"Oh! Hello there. I'm Lauren Pierce. Her...well...does she know?" Lauren whispered the last half.

Alana nodded and smiled. "Yeah, she does. Have a seat Reggie. Thanks for joining us."

Without missing a beat Lauren grinned and looked at them and smiled widely. "So...what else did you share with her? What did you help Alana with Reggie?"

Alana's face as red as her hair as she felt the embarrassment arise at the situation she was in a week before. "Nothing like that...." She pondered momentarily forgetting Reggie could read her thoughts that she found her friend attractive but also curious about her own physiology than anything else. "She helped me with a situation of oglers and a wardrobe malfunction of sorts..."

"Do tell!" She said in excitement as she shoveled some of the hashbrowns down her gullet.

Re: PRO: S [D01|0715] A Thankful Breakfast for Three

Reply #1
[ Lt. Reggie Suder | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @Pierce‍   @Pierce‍ 

It was unlike Reggie to feel off center when it came to social engagements. Over the years she’d hosted more than a few barn burners and within a relatively short amount of time, she’d manage to establish a decent reputation for herself here on Theurgy. Maybe it was the way she’d met Alana. While not the most intimate of first meetings she’d ever had, it was easily a top five in the ‘most memorable’ category. Perhaps it was because she was about to meet Alana’s great granddaughter.

Or perhaps it was because she had left T’Less to have breakfast with the Pierce’s that made her feel worse. It wasn’t like she’d rushed out on her. T’Less had her own commitments that morning and they had shared a light breakfast. Still it felt weird.

The doors to the Mess Hall parted and she sensed a familiar voice.

Reggie… plate…meet us over here

It was more of an afterthought and for once in her life, Reggie wasn’t actively listening in, but she recognized the sound of Alana’s thoughts in her mind and the Betazoid looked toward where Alana was sitting and offered an acknowledging nod.

Ever the obedient subordinate, Reggie followed Alana’s non order and helped herself to a pair of crispy waffles, scrambled eggs with shredded cheese blended in, and a half dozen strips of extra crispy bacon. She slathered the butter and maple syrup across the waffles, grabbed a glass of juice and went to meet the Pierce girls.

“Nice to meet you, Lauren,” she said in response to the greeting from the younger of the two. “Reggie Suder. Feel free to call me by my first name or my callsign.”

She took her seat. “Any objection if I call you Lauren?”

Reggie turned to Alana. “Thanks for the invite. Love seeing you again.”

Reggie settled in and took a sip of her juice as Lauren asked about how she’d helped Alana.

“Weeelll,” Reggie replied in a drawn out sing song voice, “I’m not sure how much detail she’d like me to get into, but lets just say your Great Grandmother was having some trouble getting her ‘girls’ to behave.”

She threw a playful wink over at the Chief Intelligence Officer.

Reply #2
[ Lt. Commander Alana Pierce & Ensign Lauren Pierce | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @P.C. Haring [Show/Hide]

Alana watched as Reggie began to eat and smiled at the woman who saved her hide days earlier. And helped her be more comfortable in her own skin. She thought back to that time not really realizing that she was lingering on the thoughts a little too much. Shaking her head she came to, taking a drink of orange juice before biting into her own piece of crispy bacon. She heard the audible sounds of Lauren and Reggie darting comments to and fro.

Lauren smiled warmly at Reggie. "Alrighty!" Some of that bubbly tone of Tessa's clearly had rubbed off...or maybe it was the other way around Alana thought.

"No objections here Reggie. It's nice to meet a friend of Alana's. Sorry....just feels weirdish to call you my grandfa...grandmother...." She shrugged quickly stuffing her face to prevent a foot in mouth scene from developing.

"It's fine...I get it too," She chuckled back. Looking at Reggie she smiled again at her friend and gym partner who recently she'd gotten to know better from a recent covert mission. Her cheeks warmed somewhat as Reggie's mention of loving to see her again.

"Glad you could make it. I figured I'd ask you to breakfast to visit...and you'd maybe want to meet my descendent." She winked recollecting herself. Knowing she wasn't totally keeping it together. She had to admit, she had a slight crush but wasn't sure what to make of it presently. She shielded it partially, especially since she knew that Reggie was seeing someone. But she was truly glad to see her friend. Really the only one she'd spent some time and bonded with on the ship aside from her XO Amarik in Intel and Hirek the liaison.

When Lauren heard that the girls were the problem, she grinned and nearly spit her drink out on the table. "Really?! That's hilarious! I'm sorry Alana but yeah, I've just dealt with them for years. I know you're still learning though."

Shrugging it off, "Yeah well, I wasn't born this way and have 30 plus years of catching up to do." She winked back at Reggie despite the ribbing she was receiving.

"So...what do you guys like to do for fun? I like spy work obviously but I also enjoy physical activities like sporting, swimming and working out...well as Reggie already knew." She smiled back after taking another bite of her food and watching the two.

Reply #3
[ Lt. Reggie Suder | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @Pierce‍ 

Reggie couldn’t help but enjoy the experience.  Not only was she enjoying the freshly made breakfast but also the reconnection of Alana and Lauren.  She sensed Alana’s attraction to her, but she tried to shut it out.  Alana Pierce, attractive in her own right, had more than a few things to sort out for herself before Reggie would consider acting on those kind of feelings, even if she weren’t already seeing T’Less or the fact that her consummation with the Vulcan not even twelve hours prior carried an expectation of exclusivity.  Even if it didn’t, Reggie wouldn’t do T’Less dirty like that.  She cared too much for her.

“Well,” she said by way of response to Alana’s question.  “You’ll find me in the gym, the pool or on the holodeck practicing.  I’ve been training for years with the Katana, a sword of human design and I dare say I’m pretty damn good with it.  Also music, though I think you both know that already since you came to the concert night program.  But for the most part I’m usually up for anything social, with the exception of reading.  That, oddly, is the one thing I prefer to be alone to do, or at the very least in a room with just one or maybe two others as long as it’s quiet.”

She held back from ribbing Alana any further.  Obviously, Lauren knew the story but for now, at least, Alana was still a bit self conscious about it.  Instead she turned back to her breakfast and directed her attention at the younger Pierce.

“What about you, Lauren?  What gets you going every day?”

Reply #4
[ Lt. Commander Alana Pierce & Ensign Lauren Pierce | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @P.C. Haring [Show/Hide]

Alana smiled at the thought of her gym partner at the pool. She wasn't thinking immodestly but rather how she herself would respond. While she enjoyed swimming, it was typically on her own time and with no one around that she did it as embarrassed as she might be at the prospect of someone seeing her there as odd as that was.

Lauren however spoke up before the elder Pierce could reply. "Well, I too enjoy being at the pool, although never go with Tessa or there will be nudity involved." She grinned. "Long story there..." She said waving her hands off. "And I remember your last party. I met Alana here." She winked at her ancestor who turned a shade of red.

"Yeah...that was an interesting night to be sure." She said thinking back at it.

"But I don't really care for reading. More active type activities and sleep...or the holodeck."

Perking up she mentioned her own favorites, "I've enjoyed those as well but I do like to read in my downtime. Used to do some acting too but that was a long time ago...." She thought back. "I mean I've done some in the holodeck but otherwise too. That being said, I can be found in most active situations but depends on the activity. Katana's sound like an interesting sport to learn though." She said thinking intently at how that'd work.

Taking a bite of her pancake and turkey bacon, she smiled as she thought of how new this situation was. Her descendent and her more or less, best friend. "So Reggie, anything in particular that strikes your fancy as far as reading goes?"

Reply #5
[ Lt. Reggie Suder | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @Pierce

Reggie continued to enjoy taking in the conversation between Alana and Lauren.  While normally she might feel like a third nacelle in the conversation, there was something about these two that entertained her far more than she felt it should.  She considered telling them how she had re-encountered T’Less in the public baths, but given just how new everything was with the two of them and that T’Less might, frankly, prefer to keep the news about them quiet for now, it seemed best she say nothing at all.

Luckily Alana had change the subject, though Reggie thought she sensed some residual curiosity about her work with the Katana.  It took her an extra moment to think about what she had last read and then she realized that it had been…too long… since she’d picked up a good book and just dug in.

“I generally lean towards works of Fiction, though I’m not terribly picky about genre or story.  Frankly, as long as as it’s got well written characters and a compelling story, I’m there.”  She paused to sip her drink and realized there was one genre that didn’t fit that bill.  “However, if there’s anything I lean towards more any any others, I’m not ashamed to admit I enjoy those trashy romance novels you’re always hearing about.”

She sensed their initial reactions, a hint of embarrassment from Alana, and a certain sense of excitement from the younger Pierce.  An interesting dichotomy.

“I know,” she admitted. “Not always compelling stories and the characters tend to be a bit two dimensional.  I’d call it a guilty pleasure, except for the fact that I feel no guilt. I found the genre during the war.  It was good escapism and the predictable happy endings,” she paused giving both women a knowing lift of her eyebrows, “were much needed contrasts to what we were experiencing  Books kept me going through the War because I could at least see some happiness in all the darkness.”

She stopped there while her voice still had some optimism in it.  What was it with her these days that just about every conversation she had ended up drawing her back into the war?  She needed to find a way to put that behind her once and for all.  Thing about that she couldn’t figure out quite yet was how to put something behind her that had practically defined who she had become.

"What about you two," she asked.  "Any guilty or guiltless pleasures of your own?"

Reply #6

Alana smiled as the discussion changed and Reggie mentioned her favorite reading material. Specifically, the trashy romance novels bit as she had little knowledge of them but inferred based on the verbiage what she meant. "I can get behind the first part but have zero knowledge of the second. But I can understand the interest as an escape." She chuckled at her friend.

Lauren however was familiar. "I like all kinds but especially the trashy ones! I bet Tessa would too if I could get her to settle down enough to read." She laughed with a wink.

Rubbing her chin briefly she crossed her arms again before leaning back. "Well...I used to just head to the gyms and beat the snot out of someone." She chuckled. "But in reality I'd read and participate in swimming to calm my mind. Or take the shore leave as it was available. Otherwise, I'd get circled back to work."

Not being the type to let her ancestor win, she piped up. "I mean, I enjoy those things too but I've been known to get involved in some...interesting times at parties and the holodeck. Especially when friends are involved. But I enjoy activities that keep me moving and entertained. Doesn't matter what as long as I'm not caged."

"So, what is an activity that we might all have in common? I think the gym is one for sure, and Holodeck and novels but what else might be interesting? Or one you'd like to attempt in the future? I'm still struggling with being seen as I am and so the holodeck and gym are still difficult for me. I can get beside it but it's still taking stock of myself. When I let loose, however, I can get all in. Love detective holonovels."

"I'm game for anything. I'm an adrenaline junky! I once had a visit with Scruffy and Tessa where we played truth or day and had a threeso..." She said with a slight bounce before getting cut off by the elder Pierce as she began eating some more of her food.

"Well! I've not done anything that adventurous but can't really say I've done much with this body in those regards since the transition. Obviously, I did before...or Lauren wouldn't be here." She laughed at the jab she made to make Lauren equally red-faced. "But my quilty pleasures are I secretly like to bake Italian food. Learned it as a cadet."  She smiled at that despite knowing it wasn't the best example of a guilty pleasure.

Reply #7
[ Lt. Reggie Suder | Mess Hall | Deck 13 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy] | ATTN: @Pierce‍ 

Reggie took in the conversation as the Pierce’s conversed and she suppressed the urge to make a comment about Lauren not waning to be ‘caged’.  Oh the ways that could be interpreted…

She let the moment pass and the conversation moved on to commonalities between all three of them and some of the more adventurous things they could do together. 

“I haven’t had nearly as much exposure to human Italian food, Alana.  Would you be willing to show me the ropes?  As far as things the three of us could do, I love a good swim,” she said as she made eye contact with Alana as it had been her who had suggested it.  “What about you,” she turned to Lauren.  “I’m also up for an adventure or two.  A few days ago, actually Lillee t’Jellaieu and I went base jumping in the Hamar Mountains after a sparring session.  Had a fucking blast!”

She took the few last bites of her breakfast and debated about going back for another plate.  The breakfast was going well and she didn’t want to see it end prematurely nor did she want to draw it out necessarily.  So she settled on second plate, but with smaller portions as she excused herself and came back.

“So would you two be interested in doing something adventurous sometime in the near future?”

Reply #8

Alana nodded at Reggie letting her know that the possibility of teaching the culinary arts of Italian dishes were in the realm of possible outcomes in the near future. "Sure thing!" The excitement or enjoyment leaked from the phrase. "But would love a good swim too. Preferably without the gawking but, we've seen what happens when I get into the trenches." A wink followed.

"Ooo! That sounds like so much fun! I love anything with adrenaline...as long as it's not getting trapped on a Savi ship again...I was on one recently, bereft of clothes and with Amanda and Natalie on what was supposed to be an uneventful girls trip."

Chuckling came from Alana at that story. "Sounds cheeky." A sarcastic quip followed the sneer from her younger family member.

"I'm always up for a holodeck trip. Spent quite a few days of those on board to ease my mind. It's relaxing no matter what I've gotten involved in aside from that holodeck war scene. I did not enjoy that much."

The two Pierces finished their plates and leaned back as if twins sat there. Glancing at one another they grinned warmly.

"Like I said, I'm always up for adventure. Besides, we seem to enjoy a lot of the same activities." She grinned picturing the various places they've shared. The gym, locker room, away mission, the bar...

"You know my vote!"

"Anything in mind? I mean when we're not on duty again?"

Reply #9

Reggie sensed a familiar presence enter the Mess Hall as she considered what the three of them might do and turned to see Kalil entering.  Good timing.  Without a moments hesitation, she shot a thought over to him.  He turned looked at her and nodded before heading over to the coffees and pouring a mug.

“Thanks, Kalil,” she said to her RIO as he dropped the Raktajino off at the table.  Reggie facilitated brief introductions between him and the two Pierce’s before he excused himself back to his business. 

Reggie took a drink of the Klingon coffee and she savored the flavor as she considered her options.  And then it came to her.

“Correct me if I’m wrong but we’re all good about keeping up our exercise, right?  I have an idea for what could be both a hell of a lot of silly almost stupid fun and an incredible cardio work out.”

She took another sip, leaving the Pierces in suspense and, realizing that they might think she was implying something carnal, she decided to let the off the hook sooner rather than later.

“This might seem a bit juvenile and definitely silly,” she said, “but given everything going on, I think we could do well with juvenile and silly.”  She looked each in the eye before she continued.

“Have either of you ever been to a trampoline park?”

Reply #10

Alana looked at Reggie with an eyebrow perked up on one side in anticipation of her response as the other woman mentioned exercise and silly in the same sentence. "I'm intrigued..."

Lauren meanwhile chomped at the bit not realizing where this was going but was totally in. The Pierces glanced at one another in quiet anticipation unknowing what they had coming as a suggestion.

"Trampoline Park?" She mentioned not being able to place the concept. "Forgive me, I've never heard of those."

"Well, I have! That sounds awesome!" Glancing over to Alana she explained. "It's a nylon-type material that is super stretchy but on hinges and springs where you can bounce around, basically having fun. It's like...space walking indoors and with gravity. So you can definitely bounce super high. Potential for pain but it's still fun."

Alana was amused at the concept and imagined pushing Lauren over and doing a wrestling body slam on her causing a smirk to hit the corner of her lips. Folding her arms under her bust after taking a sip of her drink, she leaned back and relaxed her legs more. "Sounds like fun! I'm game when we have the time again. Could be something interesting to do in tandem. Get a bounce party haha." She laughed at the thought of bouncing and imagining what she thought it might look like.

"Sounds like we're in! Just let us know when you want to try to take part in this! Bring friends if you like! I might bring Tess..."

The elder Pierce jumped in, "Maybe not Tessa, but we'll see. I'm still not entirely fond of her for reasons I cannot fathom right now. But I'm open to having friends along." She smiled at Reggie. She was glad that day they'd run into each other in the gym. If nothing else it was an ice breaker and made her more comfortable in her own skin and with her gaining a new friend on this vessel.

Reply #11

Reggie buried her face behind her mug, eying both Pierce’s teasingly as they talked about it and she was more than happy as she watched the two of them discuss.

“The more the merrier,” Reggie quipped.  “But, Alana,” she teased  “Just remember the lessons you learned in the gym.  I’d hate to discover that my first student in womanhood ended up with a pair of black eyes.” 

She through a playful tone into her voice as she tried for the throwback joke to the topic that had started not only her friendship with the elder Pierce, but also the entire breakfast.  She sensed a warmth between the three of them, something intangible, undefined, but also undeniable and it brought her comfort like a warm blanket on a cold rainy day.  An interesting question popped into her mind, one that she had to be careful in asking. 

“So tell me, Alana,” she said quietly as she leaned in, making sure so as to not be overheard.  “Your career started in the 23rd century, right?  You ever meet Jim Kirk or any of the original Enterprise crew?”

Reply #12

Lauren lifted and eyebrow as she looked at the fighter pilot in regards to the training in the gym. The comment on pair of black eyes however wasn't lost on her and resulted in a chuckle as she realized that Alana much have been ill-equipped for coverage at the gym recently.

Missing the joke momentarily, she looked down at her chest and the realization dawned upon her. "Ahh, yes. I would certainly make sure that I was fully covered but I might need help deciding the on the types of clothing to wear..." She left the comment dangling as if an invitation for Reggie to drop by sometime and help her decide on the clothing that would not only fit properly but function as well. That and she was slowly growing used to the sight of herself in the mirror without being repulsed. The thoughts of her early days after the accident rolled through her mind briefly as she thought about it and how she was thinking now.

"The 23rd century? Yes, that's right." She leaned back and looked at the ceiling for a moment before returning her gaze to Lauren and Reggie. "Actually, I was stationed on the Enterprise from 2276-2278. And I had to wear that oddly pale colored uniform before we got the nicer red jackets I wore until I popped up in this century. I was privileged to work with the captain though. I looked up to him and his crew before I transferred departments and ships to another constitution refit, the USS Eagle. But I was proud to have served under him and the original Enterprise. Being fresh out of the academy I had a bit of hero worship for the man who set the standard on many levels." The level of excitement on her remembrance caused her to almost speak too loudly but she kept it quiet for their trio to hear.

Reply #13

Reggie listened with rapt attention as Alana shared her experiences on the Enterprise and then aboard the Eagle.  The Betazoid herself was not much of a history buff beyond having a working knowledge, but there was something about the 23rd century that just felt nostalgic to her.  The thinly veiled invitation to help Alana with her wardrobe was not lost on her but she held off on giving any direct reply.  If this morning had been any indication, things with T’Less might get serious and while Reggie had no intention of letting the Vulcan, or anyone else for that matter, dictate what she could and could not do, she also knew she might have to reign in some of her more…adventurous proclivities and make sure that if she did help Alana, that she properly contextualized her intent to T’Less.

If things got serious…

The three of them talked for a bit more, Reggie taking the time to not only learn more about Alana, but also about Lauren and she decided she liked the Pierce’s. Already Reggie liked Alana.  Between their gym encounter and their mission to Qo’Nos, Reggie knew the elder fairly well, to say nothing about Alana’s need for more guidance in how to dress and address her female body.  Meeting Lauren however, had been quite the treat, and she listened to Lauren’s stories about how a girls trip with the XO and one of the ship’s conselors had turned into an adventure aboard a Savi ship with no clothes and a dwindling oxygen supply.  Lauren then pivoted in to a rather selacious game of truth or dare she had played with Tessa and another crew member whom Reggie did not know.  And as she listened, adevious little thought crossed her mind.

“You know, Alana,” she said when Lauren had finished her latest story.  “I’m glad you introduced us.”

She did not turn her head any more than was absolutely necessary to ensure she had caught Lauren’s attention as well.

“I like her,” she said to Alana as she motioned to Lauren.  “And I agree with you, we would be good together.  I mean I know it was your idea, but I still want to do things right, so I want to ask for your blessing for me to marry your Great-Granddaughter.”

In an instant the table froze.  Between Alana’s mouth trying in vain to form words as it hung open and Lauren, wide eyed spitting her drink in an epic spit take as her face flushed and the wide eyed Lauren blushing as red as her uniform tunic, the two of them were a sight to be seen.  Her telepathic centers picked up the confusion and embarrassment they radiated.  Oh how she had them.  She wouldn't need to sleep with them to have her way with the Pierce’s.  For her part Reggie held a straight face for as long as she could manage before the facade cracked.

A grand total of ten seconds.

Unable to control herself any longer she snorted and then started laughing.  Her breakfast companions looked at her, then to each other, the surprise, shock, and confusion amplified by yet more confusion.

“Ohhh, I had you two going there…”

Slowly Alana’s face softened then melted into laughter of her own.  In no time at all an embarrassed and wet Lauren followed suit.

-FIN-

Simple Audio Video Embedder