Skip to main content
Topic: Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Remember (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Remember

[ Lieutenant Amelya Rez | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring
[Show/Hide]
Amelya Rez sat at her desk, sipping on a hot Raktajino as she flipped through all the old notes left behind by her comrade, the late Kate Foster. It wasn’t as though they just had another Doctor laying around, so it had fallen to Amelya to try and catch up on any work Kate had left behind. It also wasn’t as simple as Kate having left a todo list laying about, Amelya had to dig through Kate's patient charts just to find out where she’d left off. Most of them had been straightforward procedures, with minimal or no follow up needed, however there was one note that had piqued her curiosity, causing her already curious mind, further driven by the incessant goading of Jona Rez, leaned against the console behind her, to dig deeper. To what purpose, and to what end Amelya had no clue.

What she’d found in the note had been vague, vague to a flaw. If not to a flaw, then at the very least left in such a state intentionally. Shifting the gaze of aquamarine orbs, they found the top of the PADDs screen and the name of the crewmember in question.

“Hathev-” Amelya said aloud, leaning back momentarily as her mind whirred through all the possibilities. The labs were strange enough on their own, but Kate’s note is what truly had garnered the Trills attention. After a long moment of silence, she felt a hand on her shoulder, and a deep, confidence-loaded voice speak behind her.

“So?” He canted his head to the side as Amy shrugged him off, a venomous look about her as she glared at him.

“Why do you care, why are you even here, I’m just trying to work.” She sounded exhausted and absolutely at her wits end with the man. “You aren’t even here.” She snarled at him, rising to her feet and stalking over to him, with an evident chip on her shoulder. Halfway to him though, she stopped and reached up to her face, massaging her temples. “I’m going crazy.” She said to herself, repeating the statement several times before she tapped her combadge, “Doctor Rez to Hathev, I had something I wished to speak to you about, if you have the time?” She waited a few moments for a reply before she grabbed her white coat off the back of her chair and pulled it over herself.

Amelya wanted to dig deeper into what she’d unearthed, not only out of her own curiosity and empathy for her patients, but because of all those among the crew, she felt that a Vulcan Counselor may have been one of the select few she herself could go to for help. The awakening of her symbiote had been a harrowing, terrifying experience, and she’d had to endure it entirely alone. The emergence of the various previous hosts wasn’t a new one for the Rez symbiote, twice over it hadn’t meshed properly with the host, instead of memories intertwining into one great synaptic ecosystem, the personality constructs of each host seemed to survive, creating ‘avatars’ that could interact with Amelya, even touch her if they wanted. Up to that point, only Jona had been able to do that much, the rest still seemed like phantoms, memories of the past. Jona however, very well could have been flesh and blood if Amelya didn’t know better.

“Don’t be stupid, they’ll lock you up if they know I’m kicking around in your head, after what I did last time.” He hadn’t bothered to try and apologize for his acts, as he simply wasn’t sorry. To him, he’d done the right thing. His concern for Amelya was genuine.

She didn’t see it that way however, she didn’t trust him. Whatsoever.

“I have a patient.” She cut him off, and left the room, wandering to a private exam bay as she awaited the counselor.

Re: Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Remember

Reply #1
[ Lt. Cmdr. Hathev | Chief Counselor's Office | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon‍ 

Hathev too sat at her own desk organizing her patient notes into her confidential database.  She had recently taken on a few new patients and while most of them seemed routine to the Vulcan, a few stood out as interesting cases, not the least of which was Ensign Nix.  As a rule, Hathev tried not to single out one patient over the other as doing so was illogical and risked the appearance of favoritism.  Even so, that session had stood out to her.

Having completed her preliminary work, Hathev had intended to permit herself a few minutes break and take a walk in the arboretum, but the chime of the ship’s comm system interrupted.

[[“Doctor Rez to Hathev, I had something I wished to speak to you about, if you have the time?”]]

Hathev paused in her mid-stride to listen to the summons before casually tapping her own badge to respond.

“I am on my way, Doctor.”

It took but a moment for the computer to locate the good doctor.  It seemed that her walk in the arboretum was to be replaced by a walk across Sickbay.  She had yet to meet Doctor Rez in person, having previously worked with Doctors Foster and Leux.  But with Doctor Foster’s death and Doctor’s Leux transfer back to the Oneida, Hathev realized she once again needed to find a physician.  Perhaps Doctor Rez had been looking over patient files and seen that both of her prior two caregivers were no longer aboard.  If that supposition were true, then it was logical to assume that was the topic about which she wished to discuss. 

The Vulcan found the Trill in one of the private exam rooms.

“You wished to see me, Doctor?”

Re: Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Remember

Reply #2
[ Lieutenant Amelya Rez | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring
[Show/Hide]
Amelya set the PADD containing the patient file down, and glanced at a console itself, comparing the record she had to some prior readings. Her face looked…curious, though not confused. She had no clue. Jona was standing next to her, leaning against the console, tapping his foot.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. The repetition continued nonstop, until Amelya slowly turned her gaze up at him, “Do you absolutely have to be so intrusive? Tapping your feet, singing in the middle of the night, constantly offering me medical advice when you were a spook, not a surgeon.” Her voice raised to the point that a nursing tech poked her head into the room, and briefly glanced around. Amelya gave her a quick smile and a dismissive wave of her hand.

The private exam bay was much more comfortable than the recovery bay, which far more resembled an ICU or anesthetic recovery unit. Those were its uses after all.

Amy tapped her badge once again and with a peppy tone responded, “Good! I’m in one of the exam bays, just find a nurse they’ll point you in my direction. Rez out.” She tapped the badge a final time to cut the connection before she tapped a few controls on the console again, this time a holographic projection of Hathev appeared, though Amy quickly ordered, “Please remove the integumentary organs, viewing from subdermal layer down.” She was going to have to pick through for what she was looking for, using the hologram and her patient herself to find the correct diagnosis.

“I did.” She turned to Hathev as she entered and motioned to the end of a biobed and a chair both, whichever she preferred. “Given recent events I’ve been trying to look over the medical charts left behind by Doctors Foster and Leux. I found something interesting.” She reached for the PADD and quickly found the remark she had been looking for, in all its vagueness.

“I was hoping you could shed some light on this for me.” Her eyes quickly darted behind Hathev, where Jona had found a spot to stand, his face looking entirely irritated with the situation. Not because he cared if Hathev found a solution or not, simply because he had no desire of being found out. Not yet at the very least.

Simple Audio Video Embedder