Skip to main content
Topic: EPIL: S [D06|1300] Klingons On Parade (Read 6494 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: EPIL: S [D06|1300] Klingons On Parade

Reply #25

[ Khorin, son of Margon, of House Mo'Kai |Upper Gymnasium | Deck 6 | USS Theurgy | In transit to Aldea]
[Show/Hide]
Att: @Stegro88

As Mickayla explained herself Khorin continued to look at her face, a solemn expression in his angular face, more than ever, and his thick arms crossed over her wide chest. As her diatribe progressed, the Klingon brought a hand to his temple and rubbed that spot not ridged on the side. It ached. He was not aware of when the woman had hit him there, but it hurt. It was almost better that way. Pain tied him to earth, like an anchor, thus it prevented that rage dragged him again.

"You know, I only wanted to help you, Mickayla. So call me fool for it, but I' ve done the best I could, as best I knew." he grunted calmly. " Maybe you've never accepted who you are. Not at all. But I have, I have lived like a true son of two worlds, and I have chosen to embrace one of them. But I didn't walk away from the other one. My DNA is completely Klingon now, but I can assure you that I don't forget where I come from. I don't reject a part of who I am, or who I have been," he told her before he spun on his heels and walked towards the door. There was some stiffness in his movements, some tightness when he moved his right leg, but he didn't make a fuss of it. It was what it was.

Once he reached the door he looked back at the woman, and stared her for a long time before he spoke again. "I cannot teach you what is good of being who you are now, who WE are, apart from how I have done it to the moment. I can't force you to accept yourself, what you are now, but neither can I change who I am nor can I be ashamed of myself just to please you," he finally said, as he slightly curled the corners of his lips, in a gesture that wasn't quite a smile, nor a snarl.

"And about what just happened.... your body has thrown itself into a battle it craved for. It's that simple," he explained, shrugging. "I won't report this, Mickayla MacGregor, I'll just reflect about it. And I' ll learn about myself thanks to it. And what i should do"

Reply #26
[ PO1 Mickayla MacGregor | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 06 | USS Theurgy | Unknown Location ] Attn: @Numen
[Show/Hide]

“Sir, I appreciate that,” Mickayla said honestly. Having just avoided a lengthy time in the brig, she had no desire to see the inside of it if she could help it. “And my words were not meant to be reproachful or unkind. Rather they were to explain why, and how we are different, despite our now shared species.”

“You say you were a son of two worlds, embracing one while remembering the other. But I was a daughter of only one world, where the other half of me prevented me from ever fully being a part of it. I never fit in and while my clan never said anything against me, it was what went unsaid that hurt just as much,”
Mickayla explained, trying to keep her voice even despite the roiling waves of emotion racing through her as she remembered her youth. “All I know about where I come from is that my mother bedded at least one of two dozen Klingons from a freighter that stopped over. I have no name, no house and no education in what it means to be Klingon. About the only Klingon part of me is that I dislike being told what to do or how to act. Which is ironically what you have been trying to do, sir.”

“So I am now lost, in a body that is not my own, with emotions and instincts that I have tried very hard to ignore and forget for my entire life,”
Mickayla explained, her voice hitching. “I don’t know what I am doing or how I will even react to something. If you had done what you just did a fortnight ago, I would have stood there and done nothing. Today, I retaliated, the exact opposite. What will I do next time? And for what reason?”

She left unsaid about Drake in the Reaver. As far as she was concerned, that was need to know, and Khorin didn’t.

Reply #27

[ Khorin, son of Margon, of House Mo'Kai |Upper Gymnasium | Deck 6 | USS Theurgy | In transit to Aldea]
[Show/Hide]
Att: @Stegro88

For a few minutes, Khorin said nothing, and kept advancing through the corridors, while he ruminated what Mickayla had said. His strides, while still long and determined, had a slightly wobbly quality, a poorly disguised limp. "I don't know MacGregor, I really can't answer that." he finally said. "I've tried to help you but my method doesn't work for you, clearly. Maybe it's time for some professional help for you, Macgregor." Khorin shook his big head and his chest shook with a deep chuckle. "It's obvious that counselling isn't my area of expertise, so better look for someone who has the right skills."

The next visit to the infirmary was shorter and, although they weren't asked too many questions, it was clear that they should be careful not to step on sickbay again in a time. The medical staff was overwhelmed by those wounded in battles, the Versant abductees and the thousand and one eventualities that the Theurgy had suffered in recent days. Two Klingons with belligerent spirit were a nuisance they weren't eager to deal with again. So as soon as they were patched, both Klingons rushed to leave the area (and the deck) as quickly as they could without looking like they were fleeing.

"So, we were going to the baths now, right?" Khorin teased when they reached the turbolift. "And the other gym, the lounges, maybe the arboterium... There is still a lot to visit. And you still have to help me with the move," he kept saying as the doors closed behind them, the glow of his trademark grin brightening his bearded face again. The woman's reply came shortly after, but the shut of the doors muffled it. But Mickayla didn't seem too excited by the prospect.

FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder