Skip to main content
Topic: Uniforms (Read 8957 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Uniforms

Reply #27
Hadn't really thought about it TBH. A dedicated tail sleeve would certainly make movement easier but also, in the pilots seat she's going to be on her bum a lot so perhaps an adjustment to the suit design to permit her tail snaking down a leg. Down a leg is probably safer if the craft has ejection seats (not just an ejection pod) as her tail is less likely to get wrapped around something it shouldn't.

Reply #28
Hadn't really thought about it TBH. A dedicated tail sleeve would certainly make movement easier but also, in the pilots seat she's going to be on her bum a lot so perhaps an adjustment to the suit design to permit her tail snaking down a leg. Down a leg is probably safer if the craft has ejection seats (not just an ejection pod) as her tail is less likely to get wrapped around something it shouldn't.

Don't want he to do a Trance Gemini and get her tail shot off...

Reply #29
There are skirts already, indeed. And I already gave Neko a tail sleeve in her exosuit character image too. :)

Indoors, aboard the ship, Ives expect all and especially senior staff to adhere to uniform regs. No leather jackets whilst on duty. :)

Only jackets allowed are Tactical CONN flight jackets, but that is only for duties performed in and around the Fighter Assault Bay. If they are to aid another department in another area of the ship, they are expected to leave the jackets in their locker rooms.

The Resolve crew might have issues conforming to Ives' adherence to Starfleet protocol, and that is awesome for the upcoming part of the story. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

B

Reply #30
There are skirts already, indeed. And I already gave Neko a tail sleeve in her exosuit character image too. :)

Indoors, aboard the ship, Ives expect all and especially senior staff to adhere to uniform regs. No leather jackets whilst on duty. :)

Only jackets allowed are Tactical CONN flight jackets, but that is only for duties performed in and around the Fighter Assault Bay. If they are to aid another department in another area of the ship, they are expected to leave the jackets in their locker rooms.

The Resolve crew might have issues confirming to Ives' adherence to Starfleet protocol, and that is awesome for the upcoming part of the story. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

B

And that is what an XO is for.  And a few surly Chiefs to help carry the can...

Reply #31
Tail Sleeve it is then. :P

Have to decide how loosely K'Ren followed Federation uniform policy but I suspect her non-flight duty uniform was a skirt variant. I actually think she'd look pretty sexy in a dress variant duty uniform.

Reply #32
Though I should mention that wearing a skirt during fighter maintenance (yes, pilots are expected to get their pretty manicured hands at least a little dirty), while liable to be quite a benefit to deck personnel morale, may be contraindicated...

Reply #33
Have to decide it Natalie is gonna start rocking the skirt, and why she might make that change. Its certainly been pants so far for her.

Reply #35
@SummerDawn: that sounds like you may have a knowledge of Canadian Forces uniforms.  Interesting...

But for parades, tankers have been known to be in their tanks, in their DEUs, driving.  And tanks are hardly known for their cleanliness...

Simple Audio Video Embedder