Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357398 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #5250
Howdy all,

Some of you already know this but I fly out today for a month-long speaking tour in the States and will return to Taiwan at the beginning of February. This is mostly for work but towards the end of it I will thankfully be able to see my family for the first time in three years. Needless to say, I will do what I can to stay active in the numerous in-between moments. Thank you in advance for your patience and consideration. Take care and keep smiling!

P.S. Welcome Dree!

Reply #5253
Howdy all,

Some of you already know this but I fly out today for a month-long speaking tour in the States and will return to Taiwan at the beginning of February. This is mostly for work but towards the end of it I will thankfully be able to see my family for the first time in three years. Needless to say, I will do what I can to stay active in the numerous in-between moments. Thank you in advance for your patience and consideration. Take care and keep smiling!

P.S. Welcome Dree!
Have a fun trip!!

Reply #5254
So....fun news. I've been feeling rather awful for the past few days, and it turns out that an old friend (read: evil bugger) of an illness has come calling. Without going into details, now that I have the medication, it'll take a few days to get over it. Until then, I likely won't be writing or doing much of anything except a lot of swearing. Sorry to the folks who are waiting on me.

Reply #5255
@Griff  thats ok buddy, you get better. If you need to chat or anything you know where to find me. <3

Reply #5256
So....fun news. I've been feeling rather awful for the past few days, and it turns out that an old friend (read: evil bugger) of an illness has come calling. Without going into details, now that I have the medication, it'll take a few days to get over it. Until then, I likely won't be writing or doing much of anything except a lot of swearing. Sorry to the folks who are waiting on me.
Oh, no!  It's good that you have medicine at least.  Get well soon! 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #5257
Welcome @Dree!

Reply #5259
Best of luck to you,  Pierce!
Lieutenant Reika Sh’laan, Assistant Chief of Operations (V3) [Show/Hide]
Ensign Sashenka Kreshkova, Unassigned Wolf Trainee [Show/Hide]

Reply #5261

FIRST SEGMENT OF THE PROLOGUE'S SENIOR STAFF MEETING IS UP!

Here is the link to the new post:

SENIOR STAFF MEETING, SEGMENT 01: NICANDER HEARING

With the success of using the wiki for a JP Senior Staff meeting, we'll continue with that format! All writers whom have a Senior Staff member now has 10 days staring from January 13 to contribute the next segment of the meeting. Like before, no set posting order, but everyone with Senior Staff characters must post in the Joint-Post before the 23rd of January. This second Joint-Post is also hosted on the wiki, and the link is THE SAME AS BEFORE, now holding a new segment for the proposed mission to Romulus. More details about how the Joint-Post is to be created can still be found there as well.

It's still open to post new Supplemental threads for this Prologue, where you can depict one-on-one or group scenes with other writers in your own IC subplots on this morning of Day 01. The limitation of the IC time-span for these Supplemental threads still span from 0500 hrs. to 0900 hrs. This means, as stated before, that the Judicious Journeys broadcast - and its ending - has yet to be aired, and the reactions to that will be reserved for later. The naming convention for these one-on-one Supplemental threads that belonging to Prologue is: PRO: S [D01|YYYY] Insert Title (YYYY marking the time in the morning). This main thread of the Prologue is still restricted to the Senior Staff Joint-Posts for the time being.

Remember that a character introduction in Episode 02 is to be considered mandatory for active participation in the sim, so please find writing partners and jump into the telling of the main story. Some suggestions on what to write was posted earlier in this Main OOC thread. If you are unsure what to write for your characters, you can also PM me on the forum. I plan to send out a Newsletter as well, but there is no need to wait for that before posting on this board with your character introductions!

PLEASE COME SEE RYETANKER'S NEW CHARACTER, DOMINIC LAUI!

It's time for @RyeTanker to add a character, and this in the form of CPO Dominic Lau!

CPO Dominic Lau              Intelligence Operative
  - Writer: @RyeTanker

Joining the crew in the late days of the Interregnum, Dominic Lau has been briefed about what is happening in Starfleet by Rear Admiral Joseph Nerva Anderson - codename King - before he comes aboard, and he joins the Intelligence Department as an Intelligence Operative. With a long background in Security and having fought in the Dominion War, Lau is a field agent through and through, and he comes aboard with two NPC operatives that served under him during his latest mission in Romulan space. These NPCs' names are TBD, but will also be serving in Intelligence.

Looking forward to read his story, @RyeTanker ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5262

SECOND SEGMENT OF THE PROLOGUE'S SENIOR STAFF MEETING IS UP!

Here is the link to the new post:

SENIOR STAFF MEETING, SEGMENT 02: THE MISSION

Needless to say, the mission input from the USS Relativity for "CHAPTER 02: EXTRACTING REVAD BEYOND THE RNZ" (check the Story Workshop synopsis) has yet to appear in the story. That will happen later in the Prologue, forcing the Theurgy to leave the Helmet section behind with Martok and Donatra in order to cross the RNZ.

It's still open to post new Supplemental threads for this Prologue, where you can depict one-on-one or group scenes with other writers in your own IC subplots on this morning of Day 01. With the orders dealt in this post, all Departments should have something to work with duty-wise up until 0900 hrs, so have at it!

The limitation of the IC time-span for these Supplemental threads still span from 0500 hrs. to 0900 hrs. This means, as stated before, that the Judicious Journeys broadcast - and its ending - has yet to be aired, and the reactions to that will be reserved for later. The naming convention for these one-on-one Supplemental threads that belonging to Prologue is: PRO: S [D01|YYYY] Insert Title (YYYY marking the time in the morning). This main thread of the Prologue is still restricted to the Senior Staff Joint-Posts for the time being.

The Prologue will soon be updated with the continuation of the scenes started in the beginning of the prologue, and after Part 2 of those are up, another post will have the Theurgy use the Quantum Slipstream drive and head for the rendezvous point at the RNZ, and also have Ives address the whole crew via the intercom. The wiki JP project for that post will be announced here in the Main OOC as soon as it is made available. :)

Stay tuned for a Newsletter, which I hope to send out before the end of this week asap, given current RL work burdens!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5263
Gonna be a bit delayed this week.  Thesis work is rough, so @Fife I have zero objections to you going ahead of me in Rollcall (if you were waiting on me). 

Reply #5264
Sorry to everyone I am in threads with I forgot to mention that I am in a play this week and have been busy with it. I'll be working on replies next week.

Reply #5265

ELYRIA GOES INACTIVE FOR A WHILE

Hello there Theurgists!

I got a PM from @Elyria the other day about some health relates issues.

Hey Lucan, I've come down with a secondary infection and my daughter has also developed some health issues.  I may need to go on an LOA, but I have every intention of coming back.  Could she simply fade in the background?  I'm looking at 3 months max, to figure out what's going on and deal with it.

So, Science Officer Kizra Tos will not be inheritable as a character and will instead remain in the bg of scenes as needed to progress the story. In all threads where Tos is represented, you have my permission in accordance with our General Rules to NPC that character to the extent which accomplishes the intention of research and story development etc.

Take care of yourself @Elyria , and we hope for your swift recovery!  (L)

REEEEAALLY BUSY TIMES OVER HERE

On a more personal note, I just wanted to add that the reason I updated the previous announcement about the timing of the Newsletter is simply that work is being hellish at this point, with many of my suppliers wanting to raise their prices due to rising costs, so pardon if I have missed any replies and my lack of presence on Discord. I am here, and best available via PM on the forum. The Prologue progression and the Newsletter is still in the works on this end, so I can but ask for some further patience.

Hope this finds you all well out there! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5266
Speaking of breaks and stuff. Not going anywhere. but I'll be travellingf or 3 (non consecutive) weeks out of March. I'll get caught up on posts before I leave for San Diego, in addition to doing any writing I'm due on now.

Reply #5267
I've been very busy as well due to some life stuff that jumped me.  I'm sorry for not being around and I will get back to posting asap (I need to check to see where it's my turn, at that). 

Reply #5268

PLEASE WELCOME BACK NOLAN, WHOM WILL ONCE MORE WRITE THOMAS RAVON!

Great news! @Nolan has reached out and wishes to return to write with us again! He'll be writing Thomas Ravon once more, thus returning with one of his old characters. :)

Lt Cmdr. Thomas Ravon          Wolf-05 [Razor] Wolf Leader

- Writer: @Nolan

Having caught up on reading about the development in the Lone Wolves Squadron as well as Episode 02, @Nolan is up to speed with recent events, but if there is ought you feel would be pertinent to know for him, don't hesitate to reach out to him. Nolan's other writerless character, Kythalie Benmual, remains available for inheritance.

Welcome back, @Nolan ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5271
OK, got mugged by the thesis again but I should (finally) be able to catch up on stuff this weekend. 

Also, pro tip to those who have not been as dumb as me: Walking up a hill in a blizzard in Colorado in pajama pants is Not Fun. 

Reply #5273
Long story short- someone stole a lot of money from my work and we've been in a mad scramble ever since trying to save our jobs. I think we finally did, but it's been a really stressful experience. I keep trying to write (I have half finished drafts for a lot of replies), but I've been in a really bad headspace and it's hard to concentrate. Hopefully I'll get stuff out this week. All I was good for last week was random art projects while watching cartoons.

Reply #5274
JFC!  That sounds terrible.  :(  Hope things are fixed soon! 

Simple Audio Video Embedder