Skip to main content
Topic: The Versant: Archive Vault Scene (Read 3690 times) previous topic - next topic

The Versant: Archive Vault Scene

[ STARDATE 57558.72 | THE ARCHIVE VAULT | PRECEPT-CLASS SAVI DREADNOUGHT VERSANT ]

After they had witnessed the Archive's hidden truths, Echtand and Sclergyn found themselves embraced by silence - the Vault desolate and void of motion.

While Sclergyn faced the truth of it all for the first time, Echtand's worst fears had been confirmed. Worse yet... was how he was dying from his wound, and there was no time to give him the treatment he truly needed. Sclergyn had done what she could for him, to let him remain on his feet, but he needed a medical bay. They both knew it, just as well as they knew that the truth had to be told.

"<It cannot wait,>" said Echtand, putting his hand on Sclergyn's shoulder. "<I must speak to them.>"

"<You won't make it. If you die, then this rebellion we must spark will die before it even begins. The Antes will not rally to my call. It has to be the Voice's.>"

Echtand's grim face twisted in an excuse of a smile. "<Then, I must speak... and I must die as well.>"

"<But without you, we might only reclaim the Versant. The Flotilla is still ignorant.>" Sclergyn leaned forward resting her head against his, in a rare show of affection.

"<You misunderstand me,>" said Echtand, and raised his tablet to calibrate a second containment beam. The symbols were blurred to him, and he had trouble breathing. "<While we relocate t-to the bridge, I will spare myself in the buffer. It is up to you... to do the rest, and treat my duplicate's wound....>"

"<Transporter sciences... I remember how I wondered why you chose it,>" said Sclergyn, that smile reciprocated at last. "<Say no more. When the ship is ours, your duplicate will help us reclaim the rest. I will simply have to record what you will say today... after we seize the bridge. Since you die... I will lead the Antes until the treatment is made.>"

Echtand finished his calibration. "<As my mate, my role falls to you in my death, according to both the old code... and the new. It will be your duty. I h-have no doubt you'll be victorious. Now, we must go. Are you ready?>"

Sclergyn raised her graviton pistol. "<I am.>

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder