Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 362953 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4125
Welcome @Stardust! Your character seems pretty awesome, and well crafted. I'm new here too, but you'll get a hang of things in no time. The folk here are really helpful when it comes to that.

Reply #4128
Oh man, so I didn't realise that all of my Theurgy emails were going into junk, until I checked my junk folder and found like 200,000 new people joined the sim.

A late but still very important welcome to:
@BipSpoon - Welcome welcome, Cameron has always been a lovely character in the sim and I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take her, I hope you're settling in well?

@Swift - As my boy will probably end up lounging around in the intelligence offices, I'm looking forward to Fisher and Y'Lev meeting at some point; I'm sure their contrary opinions on results/means will be a grand topic of discussion.

@uytrereee - Welcome to the sim. Congrats on a great character and I am keen to see him develop. It's lovely to see another parent aboard, definitely an aspect that is interesting to explore.

@GroundPetrel - An Earth raised Orion is making me as a writer very happy, and my character Y'Lev very disappointed... I look forward to seeing what you do with a very well crafted character, and if you ever want her to be insulted by a member of the Syndicate, hit me up! (Also, her birthplace made me chuckle. Good job.)

@Number6 - I have to say, the last ex-Borg on this Theurgy did a number on my boy, but I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how you write Foval and if you ever have any ideas for a thread with one of my mismatched characters. hit me up!

@JediMaster - Huzzah another Betazoid. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what you do and to working with you some day, always interesting to see how other writers handle their abilities.

@stardust - You've done a great job of crafting a really interesting character, and I'm super excited to seeing you in action! Kudos.

Also, as an offer to all of you: if anyone is looking to do a minimal context thread, I am happy to do some routine medical evaluations with Elro. If you're stuck for ideas, certainly something simple to get the creative juices flowing!

Congratulations on joining and I look forward to seeing you all work!
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #4129
Argh, so I made my very first post, and in the Main Episode no less LOL Since it was urgent I didn't have time to go through all information available yet :/ If I concocted some bs that my character should've known better than it would be nice if someone told me XD
Thanks guys <3

Reply #4130
@stardust

Short of being a nit picky grammar and spelling #@%&, your post is great. Reinforces what others have said with her own opinions while expanding on the intelligence available or some that should be searched on. Given the former careers some of the crew have had (I'm looking at you Donna, Isel and all those other Orion Syndicate attachments) finding out who knows what is a good thing.

If they are all of this calibre, you'll fit in wonderfully.  ;)  ( good )

Reply #4131
@Stegro88

Thank you so much  (L) I was way more anxious than I should've been for this one lol And do not hesitate to PM me to call me out on Grammar and Spelling mistakes if you want! I live to learn :3

Reply #4133
@GroundPetrel - An Earth raised Orion is making me as a writer very happy, and my character Y'Lev very disappointed... I look forward to seeing what you do with a very well crafted character, and if you ever want her to be insulted by a member of the Syndicate, hit me up! (Also, her birthplace made me chuckle. Good job.)
Thank you!  I'm still feeling Anh-Le out a bit, defining who she is (definitely the most stable character I've written in a while), but I think a confrontation between her and a regular Orion would be fun at some point! 

LOL, thanks, I thought it was a pretty funny backstory bit.  XD
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4134
Looks good @stardust ! That first post is always super daunting, especially in the main story threads! Good work!

Reply #4135
Welcome @stardust or should I say, Boss?
Inhabiting my head are:

[Lt. Vanya |Assistant Science Officer| USS Theurgy]

[Lt. J.G Foval |Assistant Diplomatic Officer |USS Theurgy]

Reply #4137
Duly noted and recorded.  
Inhabiting my head are:

[Lt. Vanya |Assistant Science Officer| USS Theurgy]

[Lt. J.G Foval |Assistant Diplomatic Officer |USS Theurgy]

Reply #4138

CHAPTER 01 IS OPEN FOR MORE SUPPLEMENTARY THREADS!

Chapter 01: Incendiary Prospects

Starting from now, it's open to post more Supplemental threads for Chapter 01, where your characters carry out orders in one-on-one threads of even group threads with other writers. The limitation of the IC time-span for these Supplemental threads will not only span to 1300 hrs. on Day 01, where Martok comes aboard and the Theurgy will depart from Aldea. You can also post threads leading up to the Allegiant leaving the the Theurgy, which will be at 1900 hrs.. The naming convention for these one-on-one Supplemental threads that belonging to Chapter 01 is: CH01: S [D01|YYYY] Insert Title (YYYY marking the time before 1900 hrs.).

My next task is to set up a batch of Story Objectives, some of which will detail scenarios in which officers still down on Aldea will need to be extracted, be it by Security or by superior officers. I will also set up Objectives for the many tasks at hand, so stay tuned for those! Those Objectives, however, should not deter you from making new threads of your own volition, regardless if you write a Senior Officer or not. Consider the upcoming Objectives mere icing on the cake, while you all surely have ideas of your own at this point! :)

SEE BELOW IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER ON THE ALLEGIANT

Furthermore, I have posted in the Advent of War OOC thread, where you can post your interest in having one or more characters on the Allegiant!

Advent of War OOC thread

Remember that the Allegiant might need a few warp fighters as well, since because of their Code, the Savi will not actively assist the scoutship with the Erudite's arsenal, merely giving them a lift.

Reply #4139

FIRST BATCH OF STORY OBJECTIVES FOR EPISODE 01: ADVENT OF WAR

Story Objectives updated, with new additions for Chapter 01 in Advent of War, as well as 1 new Objective in the Aldea Prime Anthology. Needless to say, this is a mere first batch of Story Objectives for Episode 01. :)

Story Objectives

Remember to read the rules for the Story Objectives if you are unfamiliar with how they work.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4140
I would love to help out with settling the Klingons on the ship!  I've established that Anh-Le speaks tlhIngan Hol and is competent at Klingon cursing, which should help out.  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4142
@Swift I am super keen on this one too, it probably makes sense for Y'Lev to be involved somehow. I will PM you in the next hour or so (At work rn)
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #4143
I think our planned Diplomatic Corps meet & greet would be perfectly suited for the „Diplomatic Council - Anthology Objective“. What do my involved colleagues @Brutus , @Number6 , @Fife think? Though we would only be four, which would leave space for another interested party?

Reply #4144
I think our planned Diplomatic Corps meet & greet would be perfectly suited for the „Diplomatic Council - Anthology Objective“. What do my involved colleagues @Brutus , @Number6 , @Fife think? Though we would only be four, which would leave space for another interested party?

Seems to work. Could be that we borrow Ives, Ducote or Dewitt as that extra person? Or any of the civilian characters that might have something to contribute?

Reply #4145
Also good options! Though Auctor has already opted out of the meet & greet due to understandable time restrictions. Somehow the day only has 24 hours where he lives ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If Ducote wants to join, sure! @Top Hat
Auctor also suggested @steelphoenix , given his background of providing valuable information. Potentially furthering the Kzinit plot line.

The more the merrier, surely :)

Reply #4146
This is the weirdest thing i've ever admitted but I have completely lost one of my threads.

My notes say I have 2 ongoing threads with salem martin where I need to post.

One is a post for chapter 01,

And I have lost the other. I can't find a link, or a mention I don't know if it was started or who it was with.

If I was supposed to post for you with Salem Martin please send me a pm, I'm very sorry for this, I just did my inventory and am very confused.

Reply #4147
A quick heads up for all those I'm writing with. I'm changing jobs as of the end of this week. Which means that I'll probably have more erratic posting schedules as my work-home routine will change drastically. I will however keep up to any posts I owed but do expect some delays.

Reply #4149
If any objectives want a security officer I'm game for any of them!
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Simple Audio Video Embedder