Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4051
Hi All,

I just want to let you all know that some replies to threads will be delayed a few days. I have to make a trip from Sydney to Dubbo tomorrow and then a return trip the following day. That's about 5 hours/1 Way.

I am going to do as many threads tonight and then squeeze in others whenever I can over the next two days but just in case, here is a heads up as to why.

Stegro88

Reply #4052
Hey everyone!

Thank you all very much for your welcome! As Trek fan-fiction/role-play enthusiast and casual lurker of the Database for the better part of a few months, I'm very excited to get to partake in the incredible story that you've created here. Major kudos to @Auctor Lucan for his help during the character application process; his attention to detail and the wealth of information accessible through the Wiki made it far easier to craft a character that I hope fits in well with the Theurgy and it's story. Also, congrats and hello to @uytrereee, my fellow applicant who's now also been accepted into the rank and file. I was following the progress of Frank Arnold's development on the Wiki while simultaneously working on Fisher, and he really seems like a cool character.

Anyways, I'll be hopping on the Discord in a bit and hope to meet the rest of you there.

Thanks again!

Reply #4053
Welcome @Swift yourself, and thanks for the compliment! I love that you picked who you picked for your faceclaim.

Reply #4055
Thank you @Argyros and welcome to @Swift and @uytrereee I hope to write with the both of you sometime soon! Love both the faceclaims! Also glad to see another boxer and a history geek aboard!

Reply #4057
PLEASE WELCOME GROUNDPETREL!

Please welcome our newest Theurgist, @GroundPetrel  ! He will be writing an Intelligence Analyst by the name Dantius Thi Anh-Le! :)

Lt. JG Dantius Thi Anh-Le          Intelligence Analyst

- Writer:
@GroundPetrel

Dantius is Vietnamse by Orion parents, whose ancestors immigrated to the Federation. She will be arriving to Aldea incognito via a civilian fraighter from Starbase 82, and she will arrive at the Aldea Prime Shipyards on Day 30, which is after the IKS Vor'nak arrived with other new officers.

Welcome aboard @GroundPetrel !

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4058
Welcome! Make yourself comfy.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #4061
Welcome welcome @GroundPetrel! Come talk to me or @TWilkins about Orion stuff, I'm sure we can get something interesting cooking  ;)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #4063
Welcome to the Theurgy @GroundPetrel :)
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4064
Thank you for the warm welcome!  Being isolated because of COVID is really fraying my nerves, but at least I have plenty of time for things like writing.  XD  I hope that being a part of this story will be a fun experience! 

@fiendfall That sounds great!  The general idea with Anh-Le is that she's dissociated from Orion culture and was raised on Earth, so she might not be up to date on the latest of Orion society outside of anything she may have learned for a potential mission. 

@Stegro88 Honestly, I loved Katrina Law's performances on "Arrow", where I was kinda disappointed by how she was underused after the midpoint of season 3.  (then again, that's when "Arrow" began its slide into the nadir of season 4, so...)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4065
@GroundPetrel I can agree with observation about Arrow. And about ISO. Thankfully, there are fanfics out there that do her more justice.

Welcome to the sim and if you want to chat, we're all here for ya.

Reply #4066
@GroundPetrel I can agree with observation about Arrow. And about ISO. Thankfully, there are fanfics out there that do her more justice.

:) Thank you!  I'm reading up on how to properly do an in-character introduction now.  :)

(I should know about those fanfics, I've written some of them.  XD )

Reply #4068

:) Thank you!  I'm reading up on how to properly do an in-character introduction now.  :)

(I should know about those fanfics, I've written some of them.  XD )

As have I. Let me know if you want any help. Or simply as either here or on our discord. Someone is usually around to help ya.

Reply #4069
As have I. Let me know if you want any help. Or simply as either here or on our discord. Someone is usually around to help ya.
Thank you!  I think I can figure it out, my only concern is that since Anh-Le is a relatively low-ranking officer, she's going to need to talk to the chief of the intelligence detachment to be assigned a specific role within the department, and I'm not sure if it's polite to just @ somebody in the initial post without PMing them first to ask if they're OK with it and getting confirmation in response. 

Reply #4070
Yes, I recommend PM:ing @Swift ahead of time, perhaps PMing the idea you had. You can contact him via Discord or PM here on the forum. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Thank you!  I think I can figure it out, my only concern is that since Anh-Le is a relatively low-ranking officer, she's going to need to talk to the chief of the intelligence detachment to be assigned a specific role within the department, and I'm not sure if it's polite to just @ somebody in the initial post without PMing them first to ask if they're OK with it and getting confirmation in response.

Reply #4071
Welcome @GroundPetrel

Generally speaking a PM is great also @Swift who is the CIO is planning a post with all the current Intelligence Officers for all of us to get to know one another so I'm sure you'll be included in that when it gets started now too :)

Reply #4072
Thank you guys!  I will just have Anh-Le arrive and meet with someone else first, then.  I suppose given the extenuating circumstances of this mission a day or two to get situated is justified. 

Simple Audio Video Embedder