Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357827 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3200
NEW BATTLE THREAD OPEN FOR THE CHARACTERS ON THE VERSANT!

Check it out!

CHAPTER 05: BATTLE LOG [ DAY 06 | 1120 HRS. ] DROPSPACE

Make sure to read the OOC note too, and most importantly, have fun!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3202
DESTINATION WORKSHOP

Here is a brainstorming thread for you all to post your ideas about where the story takes the Theurgy next!

Brainstorming: The Next Destination

The Theurgy is likely to use an aperture to escape the Borg and the Azure Nebula before the Omega Device is activated. The listed suggestions are merely listed as examples for now.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3203
DEADLINES IN CHAPTER 05: BATTLE OF THE APERTURES

We're closing in on the end of the Episode and I figure I'd help you all out with a general posting reminder. I've also added the deadlines and links to the latest development, so that you can see where the story progression is at.

CHAPTER 05: THE BATTLE OF THE APERTURES [ DAY 06 | 1110 hrs. ]
Brutus posted 2019-02-27 (Deadline for all: 6st of March)
Remaining posters: @Argyros @The Ostrich @steelphoenix @Hastata-Nerada @Cosmos @Masorin @fiendfall @Arista

CHAPTER 05: BATTLE LOG [ DAY 06 | 1110 HRS. ] NO MILK RUN
Posted 2019-02-22 (Deadline for all: 1st of March)
Remaining posters: @Masorin @patches @Vox @The Ostrich

CHAPTER 05: BATTLE LOG [ DAY 06 | 1110 HRS. ] SPACE TRASH RAMPAGE
Nolan posted 2019-02-25 (Deadline for all: 4th of March)
Remaining posters: @Griff @Kinvarus

CHAPTER 05: BATTLE LOG [ DAY 06 | 1110 HRS. ] STORM GLASS
Posted 2019-02-28 (Deadline for all: 7th of March)
Remaining posters: @Absinthe @fiendfall @alphawiz @FollowTomorrow @Nolan @TWilkins @lisavw @Juzzie @trevorvw @CanadianVet @patches @Arista

CHAPTER 05: BATTLE LOG [ DAY 06 | 1120 HRS. ] DROPSPACE
Posted 2019-02-27 (Deadline for all: 6th of March)
Remaining posters: @FollowTomorrow @SummerDawn @Brutus @patches @Fife @Absinthe @chXinya @Zenozine

Hope these help, and of course there are Supplemental threads that aren't listed here like "Injustice" and "Deflectors, Cloaks and Daggers".

Looking forward to the posts! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3204
STORY DEVELOPMENT POLL #5 | APERTURE DESTINATION

Good news, everyone ! The 5th and final Story Development Poll has been posted! :) You have three days to vote.

Story Development Poll #5 | Aperture Destination

Looking forward to the results! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3205

STORY DEVELOPMENT POLL #6 | APERTURE DESTINATION: FINAL ROUND

A new Story Development Poll has been posted, because of the result of Round 1 in the Destination Poll. With only 2 votes difference between the two options that were in majority, the result was too even. We do have the time for a second 3 day poll, and with 11 votes that ended up in the minority options, this second poll could shift this result a great deal. Furthermore, only 29 Theurgists voted, and we being 36 right now, we have 7 who didn't vote at all.

Here is the new poll!

Story Development Poll #6 | Aperture Destination: Final Round

This final poll will be held for 3 days, after which the results will be revealed.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3206
MASORIN HAS INHERITED A NEW CHARACTER!

For the past month or so, @Masorin has been in the process of taking on a fourth character. After careful thought and deliberation, and me willing to let him do it, he decided to take on writing a present Lone Wolf in the story, namely:

Lt. JG Devyrie Okhala         Wolf-XX [Dragon] (SAVI)

- Writer:
Masorin

A synopsis with links and information about Devyrie has been sent over, but after some reading and some expansion made on her Personality Profile, Masorin will start writing Devyrie "Dragon" Okhala henceforth in Space Trash Rampage and the story to come. Come congratulate him on his new character!

MEANWHILE, YOURS TRULY WILL RECLAIM A CHARACTER OF OLD

Since I do need to write a fighter pilot in order to further story progression in Tactical CONN situations, and since she was mine to begin with, I have decided to reclaim this lovely gal:

Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley          Wolf-02 [Ghost] (V02)

- Writer:
Auctor Lucan

I have not exactly been impressed with the way her interim writer illustrated her, with oddities like wigs and over-use of the word "snogging", so I have spent a couple of hours going over the threads with Rawley since she came out of stasis in Episode 05. Doing so, I have made a lot of edits to the threads in her regard. I have purged the word "snog" completely, altered dialogue a bit, and completely scourged away the barest mentioning of any wigs or vanity (how do you use a wig together with a helmet anyway?). Rawley has been restored to what she used to be, back when I wrote her, and I mean to write her as she's always been since she first appeared before Episode 03, Part 1. The Butterfly Effect has set things back to order, and Rawley is once again the rough and scarred little fighter pilot she's always been, for better or worse. :)

I will resume writing her again in Space Trash Rampage henceforth, and I look forward to it. I've missed her quite a bit.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3207
BECAUSE OF HIS CARE FOR IS MOTHER's HEALTH, VOX LEAVES US TODAY

I got a PM a short while ago from Vox, who told me he's decided to step away from writing so that he can take care of his mother, who suffered health problems a while back. He doesn't know when he'll be able to return, if at all, but he has decided to let his character Logan Hale - callsign Wraith - become available for inheritance.

Lt. JG Logan Hale               Wolf-15 [Wraith] (NPC) (V01)

- Former Writer:
Vox

If anyone eligible to take over a character is interested, you can PM me here on the forum about inheriting this or any other available character. Please make sure to read up on the info at the top of this page, in such a case: Available Characters.

Thank you for your time writing with us Vox and like I said in the PM, make sure to contact us if you care to return some day. Take care of yourself and your mother.

LESS THAN 24 OURS LEFT TO VOTE IN THE POLL!

Unless you have already done so, please take a moment to vote in the Destination Poll.

Story Development Poll #6 | Aperture Destination: Final Round

32 out of 36 Theurgists have voted, so if you are one of the remaining 4, please check it out! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3208
ABSINTHE'S MEMBERSHIP SUSPENDED TERMINATED

After Absinthe rage-quit the Discord a couple of weeks ago because of the new era of Star Trek and suspended his own membership - going on a hiatus - he has now terminated his membership permanently.

He did so when the question arose about the fate of his characters, since hadn't logged on to the site for some time. The window of opportunity to do something about his characters and opening up positions (like Mistress at Arms) were closing in Chapter 05, and he has decided that he will not be leaving any of his characters for inheritance. He wants them all to die.

It's unfortunate that Abs' issues with current Star Trek overshadowed his writing, and it's not the first time these issues have come up. The #spoilers-dsc-negative channel on Discord was created on request because of him to allow such issues to be muted, but apparently there was no interest in constructive debate either.

Since he wants his characters killed off, unfortunately, I have to honour that request. Therefore, Ryuan Sel, Doctor Lahkesis Saugn, B'Nila and F'Rell will meet their demise in Chapter 05 before the conclusion of the Episode. This will be handled by me, since as per the General Rules I can NPC them until they die, but I can also delegate the illustration of these deaths to the available writers in the thread(s). As of this moment, I have not made any plans towards this end, so I will contact writers about this in due time.

It's unfortunate, but if Absinthe changes his mind and wants to return eventually, he'll be welcome to, on the condition that he has resolved his issues of franchise progression and can focus on the writing.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3210
DUE TO INACTIVITY AND REAL LIFE OBLIGATIONS, THE MEMBERSHIPS OF ZENOZINE & PATCHES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED

While this may have been a long time coming, due to the infrequent - or complete lack of - posting from these two members, Patches and Zenozine are no longer members. They are, however, welcome back when/if they get more time to write with us.

Several PMs and Discord messages were sent to Zenozine without reply, and in the lack of any other stated preference, his two sibling characters Hylota and Vinata Vojona will be made available for inheritance:

Lt. JG Hylota Vojona          Head Nurse (NPC)

- Former Writer:
Zenozine

Ens. Vinata Vojona            Nurse (NPC)

- Former Writer:
Zenozine

In the meantime, I will NPC these two Ovri. One thing I will do is to have Hylota step down from her role as Head Nurse in sickbay, opening up that position for an active writer (unless anyone wishes to inherit her first). Moreover, I will write a scene in the Epilogue of the current Episode where Hylota sends her egg off to her Ovri homeworld. Alternatively, if I do hear back from Zenozine and he doesn't wish for his characters to be iherited, Hylota and Vinata both may travel with the egg to Ovri space, thus exiting the characters from the story that way.

As for Patches, real life obligations with studies have prevented Patches from keeping up with her threads, and she has wished to take a hiatus for the time being. This means her characters will not be made available for inheritance, but will have to go into cryogenic stasis on the Theurgy until the time where Patches does return to write with us actively. These are the characters that will put on ice:

PO2 Kino Taer                 Former Security Officer

- Former Writer: Patches

CWO3 Liliana Walton           Former Flight Leader

- Former Writer:
Patches

Lt. R'Rori                    Former Chief Counselor

- Former Writer:
Patches

I think I will be able to handle Walton being injured and towed to the Theurgy when I post next in No Milk Run, and R'Rori may have been injured by the Savi before she was beamed to the Theurgy in Dropspace, requiring her to be put into stasis on the ship afterwards. Possibly, I can NPC the two Ovri handling this in that thread. As for Kino Taer, there are Devoted close to her, so that could be handled with their shenanigans in Storm Glass.

Furthermore, since Patches have left a lot of threads open without replies for a long time, I will be NPCing her characters as needed to finish up these threads:

CH05: BL [D06|1110] No Milk Run (as previously stated)
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2574.0.html

CH05: BL [D06|1120] Dropspace (as previously stated)
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2596.0.html

CH05: BL [D06|1110] Storm Glass (as previously stated)
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2576.0.html

CH04: S [D06|1005] To Arms! (I will also write the Ovri siblings here)
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2554.0.html

CH03: S [D06|0915] Smokejumpers (Attn: @Top Hat @CanadianVet )
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2533.0.html

CH03: S [D06|0910] Replacements (Attn: @Kinvarus )
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2528.msg20746.html#msg20746

USS Thunderchild: A New Home (Attn: @Nolan )
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2482.msg19060.html#msg19060

USS Endeavour: It's ... Complicated (Attn: @BZ  )
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2296.msg15123.html#msg15123

If there are any more threads that have been dropped by either of the writers, please notify me and I will of course handle them too. I will be working on tying up all loose ends over the course of this week, and the Epilogue will open up as soon as the last stragglers in the Chapter 05 threads have posted.

It's unfortunate that these two Theurgist couldn't remain active enough, but if they can return and maintain an active presence, they will be more than welcome back.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3211
COME SEE OUR FIRST CHARACTER DOWN ON ALDEA: ADISIA, WRITTEN BY THE OSTRICH!

Well, we have our first Interregnum character up. It's Adisia, made by @The Ostrich !

Adisia                         Syndicate Venator

- Writer:
The Ostrich

She is a relatively new arrival to the planet, one of those representing the Orion Syndicate's interests in the planet. A great read, and a character with many Orion and/or Syndicate-related personality flaws. It will be highly interesting to read her story, including if she might change alliances or end up on the Theurgy in the end. It will all depend on how things unfold in the Interregnum....

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3212
Best fellow writers! Life has been rather hectic on my end and I'm working to get back to all of you. I am however going on holiday for a good week (though I'll be back by friday) I might miss some deadlines, but I'll do my utmost best to get back to you all during the weekend!

Reply #3213
Gratz on the Orion, Ostrich!
Lieutenant Vanya - Science Officer - Zoology/XenoZoology
[Show/Hide]

Lieutenant Junior Grade Zark – Security Officer – Combat Medic
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3214
Quick heads up that I probably won't be able to post till Wednesday. We've got a new IT tech starting Monday and I've been asked as the senior sysadmin (only one until 9am tommorow) to show him the ropes and get him acquainted with our systems.

This guy is hopefully the first of one or two more we desperately need to mange our workload. :)

Reply #3215
Congratulations on the new character, @The Ostrich

As many of you know I've been sick with the flu since about Tuesday evening last week. It is still kicking my ass pretty handedly. I haven't worked since Tuesday night. If I owe a post I do apologize and could use a reminder, as I've been fairly out of it. May still be a few days before I reply.

Reply #3216
THE EPILOGUE IS UP!

Without further a due, here is the Epilogue starter!

Epilogue: For the Win [ Day 06 | 1430 hrs. ]

I warmly recommend setting up Supplemental threads, and the info on the time and such can be found in the OOC note. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3217
THERE WILL BE NO INTERREGNUM....

I have decided against an Interregnum. I felt that the crew can still soldier on, and Thea can still crawl her way where they need to go. I was thinking they could take on the Tholians now, since I heard they use(d) the Azure Nebula. It will be so much fun!

Just kidding of course. No plans to include the Tholians atm. There won't be an Interregnum though. I bet you are asking why?

Because we just wrote the Season 1 finale of Star Trek: Theurgy. :)

This means that the time spent in Aldea Prime Shipyards, Aldea Prime, the Aldean wilderness, the Epsilon Mynos System and perhaps even beyond... will all be stories we write in an Anthology between Seasons 1 and 2. Effectively, it will still work like an Interregnum, with structure, time and away missions. It will just be called an Anthology since Aldea Prime will be a sandbox for us. A place where the Theurgy might spend a whole In-Character month, perhaps longer depending on the development. Story-wise, I think this solution is obvious, in how the theme has been persecution and them being on the run for the whole of Season 1, but now, they have a first ally, and the development can take a new direction in Season 2.

Work is still ongoing to get all the needed info and structure in order, but I really look forward to open the board for Aldea Prime, since we'll be able to write really free-form. Please do try and wrap up all your ongoing threads in Episode 05, though, since it's a prerequisite in order to have all the info I need for the Aldea Prime commencement. :)

Oh, I do have a little something that I hope will get you all excited. It's the cover art for the Aldea Prime Anthology! Check it out:

[Show/Hide]
When Episode 05 is finished, I will move the Anthologies boards to the top of the forum for easy access, which includes these two as well:

BOARD UPGRADES: DIRECTOR'S CUT SPLIT IN TWO

To give better structure and order, and perhaps also inspire, Director's Cut has been split into canon and non-canon Theurgy stories. For sake of familiarity Director's Cut will still be called Director's Cut, but the new board now holds all What If scenes, aptly named Parallel Universes:

I took the opportunity to do some new cover art for these boards too. Old members might remember how the Theurgy was a Prometheus-class ship to begin with, and therefore such a ship was chosen for the Parallel Universes board. You may also notice the Butterfly Effect wings. ;)

So, if you have two characters you want to meet even if one of them are dead? Want them to be Syndicate pirates? Want them to be Admirals? Your imagination is the limit. Just post in the Parallel Universes board.

If I missed any What If threads in Director's Cut that needs to be moved, just let me know!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3218
MALE VS FEMALE CHARACTER IMBALANCE

On Discord today, it was observed that we have a big imbalance between male and female characters. @TWilkins saw that we have 26 actively played males and 42 actively played females. I'm personally guilty of adding to that imbalance with my characters, but I will not be able to correct this with my characters alone.

Therefore the best solution will be be if V-Nine - the Savi surgical android that just came aboard from the Versant - "slips" a bit when she restore all those that were Corrected by the Savi. She is a prototype, after all, so one has to understand that some things might fall under her radar, such as which sex to ascribe those who she treats.

So! Here is the list of characters that will be turned male in the beginning of the Aldea Prime storyline we'll be writing:

Devyrie Okhala, callsign ''Dragon''
Heather McMillan
K'Ren
Mickayla MacGregor
Zephyr Praise

There is also chance that she may do this to any character that she treats after the Battle of the Apertures, so if you want your character to turn male, please PM me!

That's all for now.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3219
I blinked. Then I laughed.

Very good, AL!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3222
This assumes Deacon that K'Ren doesn't open that tin can herself (hisself?) before he has a chance to 'accidentally' reassign V-Nine to tin can duty.  :p

On the work front, my wednesday slipped and feel badly so is in hospital a week. :| Probably not till tonight or tommorow night can I get replies out. I will tho, promise. :)

Reply #3223
I mean, I was having fun playing a woman, but I think I welcome 'Devin' males are more in my comfort zone.

Reply #3224
NEW CREW MANIFEST TO ESTABLISH!

All right, I think some of you may have been waiting for this, and here it is - finally - the new Crew Manifest that we collectively should work to establish. We are not quite there yet, with some promotions having to be done, some interviews, some talks etc., but with reservation for members leaving/joining, this is it!

Crew Manifest

And here is the Non-Crew Listing where people on Aldea and it's vicinity will be appearing.

So, I think there are some questions that I can answer up-front. Like:

What's the deal with two Asst. Chiefs in most Departments?

Answer: The reasoning is that the Theurgy is a prototype ship, the first with MVAM capacity of such size. Therefore, given the field experience gained in Episode 05, and demands of the mission overall, the necessity of dedicating officers to the different Vectors has opened up. Hence, there being two second-in-command roles per department. These two have the same authority, and the Dept. Head has the veto between them, should there be some kind of conflict between them in some matter.

Wait, what about now? I mean, before we manage to make our character get that rank/position?

In the interim, below, we already have Acting Chiefs for all the departments:

• Captain Ives is CO
  • Commander Stark is Acting XO (until Ducote takes over)
  • Lt. T'Less is Acting Chief Tactical Officer (Marquez died)
  • Derik Veradin is Acting Chief CONN Officer (due to junior rank, same as before Ep05)
  • Deputy zh'Wann is Acting Chief of Security (Cinn died)
  • Commander Ravon is Squadron Commanding Officer (Miles Renard becomes Flight Leader because of in-squadron strife w. Rawley etc.)
  • Dr Rez is Acting Chief Medical Officer (Nicander is an Infested)
  • Junior Lieutenant Ejek is Acting Chief Counselor (due to junior rank, same as before Ep05)
  • O'Connell is Acting Chief Engineer (due to NCO rank)
  • Junior Lieutenant Nator 159 is Asst. Chief of Operations ("Acting" in effect, since Stark is Acting XO)
  • CPO Liam Herrold is Chief of the Deck (will promote Sithick to his old role, and Stark will groom him for Ensign-rank)
  • Commander Vivan Martin is still Chief Science Officer (but she lost Tovarek, her Asst. CSO)

Okay, but how soon should this happen?

As soon as plausible, preferably, so that we can enter some kind of normalcy and focus on adventures in the Epsilon Mynos System. :)

I have ideas for my characters and roles that aren't listed. What do I do?

You PM me here on the forum, and I can either explain why it won't work or I will work to implement it, depending on the specific request.

What the /&&%#¤" is a Mission Liaison Officer, and what's a Klingon Empire Liaison Officer? What's Dewitt and Zyrao up to?

Here, from Star Trek Adventures:

Fleet Liaison Officers:
A fleet liaison represents the interests of the fleet, and Starfleet as a whole, to one of the Federation’s allies. A Starfleet officer will represent the Federation, though some situations may allow other fleet liaison officers; for example, a joint Klingon-Federation task force may include a Klingon Empire liaison. These officers report to superiors and allow cooperation between allies.

The Theurgy may not be a fleet, but it has a mission. So Jennifer Dewitt will be the Theurgy's Mission Liaison Officer while they are on Aldea, and Zyrao Natauna could be the Klingon Empire Liaison Officer, and the voice of the Emire and Martok. So, Jennifer represents the Theurgy when dealing with the Aldean Defence Committee (for example), and Zy is Martok's Liaison Officer on the Theurgy. Jennifer might represent the Theurgy to other factions as well, but Aldea us first up. Jennifer... is also off the ship a lot, operating to further the mission off-ship instead of stirring up things with Trent, lol. Dewitt will also get the opportunity to regain some trust and credibility after having deposed Trent, while Trent may work to restore his image in Intelligence.

What? Is Mektari Dumral aboard the Theurgy? Wasn't she on the Cayuga in the Battle of the Apertures?

A Butterly flapped it's wings, and we had to fill the V3 CONN officer spot. :) The posts where the NPC Dumral was featured on the Cayuga has been edited.

That's all for now, but if there are things I forgot to explain, just let me know!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder