Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357396 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3400
WELCOME BACK TO KINVARUS, WHO TAKES OVER WRITING VIVIAN MARTIN!

Having recovered enough to start writing again after his accident, @Kinvarus returns to us today! He was very moved by all the well-wishes posted here, and in the current stage of his recovery, he is ready to participate in the story again. He returns to write Vivian Martin, our Chief Science Officer!

Lt Cmdr. Vivian Martin        Chief Science Officer

- Writer:
Kinvarus

Kinvarus has been sent a synopsis of her story with links to all her past threads, and I have asked them to contact @The Ostrich to discuss the transition, i.e. which threads are inherited for completion and which are continued until the end with the former writer.

Welcome back aboard, @Kinvarus ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3402
Welcome back @Kinvarus! Good to see you again.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3404
@Kinvarus  Well look whose risen again. Maybe you should have Auctor change your name to Lazarus :P Welcome back buddy!

Reply #3409
Hi everyone. First of all thank you all so much for the well wishes when I left and the welcome backs too, I was touched by them all and it's appreciated :) Second it's great to be back! I've missed writing with everyone so after I'm all caught up with what I need to be I'm looking forward to diving in and getting back into things :)

@Nolan Thanks Nolan! It's more slow and steady than speedy but it is going well and it's good to be back!

@Top Hat It's good to see you too Top Hat :)

@Numen Thanks Numen I'll do my best :)

@Revan Funny. You're a comedy genius :)

@Doc M. Awe *blushes* Thanks Doc

@Masorin Thanks Masorin, admittedly it's slower than I'd like but them's the breaks....quite literally in my case :P But in all seriousness it's going well thanks, Doc's say I'll make a full recovery eventually.

@Fife Thanks Fife, I'm glad too! ;)

@steelphoenix Thanks, I'm sure I will. I can say this though the chair sure is comfy :)

Reply #3412
Hey that joke was both smart and funny, you've gotta give me that at least.

Reply #3414
POLL FINISHED!

Result: LINK

The result is clear, with a majority over 77 %, you prefer to switch naming convention on the Aldea Prime Anthology board, and I will honour your wishes by renaming the subjects accordingly. It will take me a few minutes but I think this will help everyone situate where their characters are at each day through the anthology.

The new naming convention is:

Day XX [YYYY hrs.] Insert Title
, with Day 01 being the 11th of March 2381.

Thank you so much for your participation!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3415
ALDEA PRIME CALENDAR & 14 DAYS AVAILABLE!

As of today, 14 days of the Anthology are open for new threads, meaning that Day 01 to Day 14 are available! :)

Furthermore, after the Elkarte people couldn't help me find a solution for using the forum's Calendar to help us get an overview of these first two weeks on Aldea, I decided on a simple Wiki solution. Check it out!

ALDEA PRIME CALENDAR

This calendar is available for everyone to edit, and it should list major events such as away missions, official promotions, announcements over the intercom and when Versant abductees undergo cosmetic surgery or DNA re-sequencing. Note: cosmetic surgery will be taking 1 hour In-Character, while DNA re-sequencing will take ca 8 hours (plus one full night's sleep). V-Nine alone can do the latter, but cosmetic surgery can be done by other medical officers.

Examples of non-major events are regular off-duty meetings and most random encounters. We do not want the Calendar to be a copy of the Aldea Prime board with all threads listed, but only things that may affect everyone, or should be known by most of the crew.

Please add stuff, and if you want to link to threads you use this format:

[https:insert-hyperlink Link Title]

First, it's the link to the thread, marked in blue, and then what you name the link, above marked in orange. Please note the brackets around both. That's how you do links in wiki markup! :)

This new Aldea Prime Calendar is available directly from the board with a new link in the board description. I also added a link to the Aldea wiki page. That's all for now, but since work is winding down for the summer, I will be able to add more events to the Calendar and post about them in the Aldea Anthology OOC Thread.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3417
NEW STORY OBJECTIVES, TOKENS & REWARDS SYSTEM

> > Click For Link

Hi there everyone! :)

If you have a moment, please check out the new featured function on the sim, which can be found below the Aldea Prime Calendar.

There, you can see the Story Objectives idea, which I would love to have some feedback on. Moreover, I'd like suggestions on Rewards in the bottom table, so please PM me if you don't want to reply here with your feedback. Please note that the Tokens are meant to be a fun addendum and not a requirement for everyone to drive plot forward or posting new threads. The Tokens will likely be meant for major events and more development of the main story line about the Infested, as well as other important scenes.

The reason why it's on the same page as the Aldea Prime Calendar is because the Objectives might be listed in the Calendar, so having both the Calendar and the Objectives on the same page allows for easy access.

There are no Objectives listed yet, and there will be more Rewards added as well, but it was worth showing you guys this new feature at this stage to just get some thoughts on the setup. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3419
Looks like fun, can't wait to get started either!

Reply #3421
A very interesting little incentive mechanic for meeting certain story based goals. I think it'll go over well. Looking forward to seeing it in action before I can really comment though :)

Reply #3422
SITE BROKE DOWN THIS MORNING, WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN

Hi there everyone!

It likely hasn't gone anyone by that the site broke this morning, and while the problem was identified and it won't happen again, @john74 didn't make a backup of our live database because he was working in an adjacent one (so he shouldn't have needed to do that). All posts recovered from another file has been PMed to those affected for re-posting.

Simply put, given the troubles we had with the first attempt to update the version of our Elkarte Forum, namely how our Simple Portal addon broke the forum, the project was moved to a clone forum, listed under /beta in our file directory. There, I asked @john74 , who's better at this than me and he being our on-call webmaster, to update the clone forum and solve the bug in a safe environment.

Only for some reason, the Simple Portal addon's database discrepancy spilled over to our live database, likely because of how edits are saved by that addon. We had a separate database, and a separate clone forum, but somehow, the addon found the live database's tables and saved there instead.

The decision has now been made that with the instability and outdated nature of the Simple Portal addon, I will deactivate Simple Portal when we have found alternative solutions. Simple Portal gives us the Stardate Calculator page, the Warp Factor Calculator page, the Crew Manifest, the Non-Crew Listing, the Discord login page, and a page showing the Awards of ours. All these can be done making separate html pages or something like that, or using the wiki. The key thing it gives us really is the front page with the video.

So, there will be no site updates at all until these features on our site has found new homes. And when they have a new home to be shown in, we will throw Simple Portal in the trash, so that we then can update our forum to Elkarte 1.0.10.

So, it's safe to post again, and @john74 wanted to tell you all that he is so sorry for breaking the forum for a few hours, and if he had known the behaviour of the addon better, he would have backuped the live database as well.

So, posting can resume, and there will be no site-work done until further notice. No one will be messing with the database, so check your inboxes for recovered posts and sorry for the troubles.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3423
OVRI NURSE VINATA AVAILABLE FOR INHERITANCE

While @Griff will continue writing Vinata Vojona to finish current threads, the character is now available for inheritance. @Griff would rather wish to focus on writing Lillee - the character they joined with - so here is the last remaining Ovri on the Theurgy:

Ens. Vinata Vojona            Nurse

- Writer:
Griff

Vinata has said farewell to his sister Hylota Vojona - who left on a shuttle with her egg just before the arrival to Aldea.

If you're interested in inheriting Vinata Vojona, please PM me. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3424
NEW STORY OBJECTIVES AVAILABLE!

Check them out, read the rules, and PM me when you have 1) assembled a writing group, and 2) posted the first post in the thread. :)

ALDEA PRIME STORY OBJECTIVES

Hope you like them! Many more to come!

An edit to the Story Objective rules has been made as well:

Rules
- In order to earn Story Tokens, one of the writers will have to PM the GM with a link to the starting post of the thread that is meant to fulfil the Objective. This means that in order to have an Objective marked as "In Progress", the starting post must have been made.
- The starting post should also show who will be participating in the thread, which is usually done with Mentions (seen as @Auctor Lucan). This means the participants needs to agree on having their characters present for the thread.
- The Story Tokens earned by the writers will be handed out once the thread is Completed, which requires another PM to the GM, who will update the list of accumulated Tokens per writer.
Only threads that have been written in accordance with the General Rules will qualify. This means both post lengths as well as posting deadlines.
- You may only earn Story Tokens in one Story Objective at the time. This means that in order to earn Tokens in a new thread, the old one must be finished before the new one is started.
- Writers may of course also participate in the Objectives without earning Tokens, which will be clearly specified in the thread in such a case. These writers are additional to the Objective, and do not take a slot from those who do wish to earn Tokens.

- End of Excerpt

It may lead to an additional writer in some Objectives now and then, but better that than having a system that is too restrictive for those who just want to write.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder