Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 364382 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3450
Update!!

I am getting better! Fever is gone. Sore throat and mouth sores have gone away too. Still fighting the upper respiratory bit and that dumb ear infection, but on the whole I'm like... 80%! I hope to get replies out tomorrow while hiding in my Air conditioned house from the 108° F weather.

Thanks for being patient with me!
EAC
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #3451
I got my post up for the away mission, but I won't be getting back to the rest of my posts till probably monday.

Today is my moms birthday, and for those who don't know it will likely be her last birthday. My entire extended family has been in and out of my house last two weeks. Even as I wrote this I'm actually getting ready to go to a party at the beach to celebrate the life she has had and the passing that will be happening.

For those whom are only finding out because of this post my mom has terminal cancer, and there is no more treatments. It's been a long fight, about 10-20 years with a few different remissions, but it is now unlikely that my mom will live past 2019. So that's what I have been dealing with.

Have a great day, i'll be back once family leaves.

Reply #3452
What a bittersweet thing, Masorin. My condolences.

I hope the celebration is altogether too bright and noisy than any party has right to be!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3453
SADLY, VOX HAS PASSED AWAY

This morning, I got a PM from Jesaya:

Hi Auctor,

I just found out from a mutual friend of mine and Vox's (they were both in the same Star Wars The Old Republic guild together apparently) that he sadly passed away a few days ago :( Sadly his guild doesn't know much beyond the fact that he passed but he must have mentioned to some people there that he wrote here and I'd mentioned it to my friend, which is why he let me know. Apparently Vox had been planning on seeing if I wanted to write something with him once he found out :( anyway I knew you'd want to know.

Jesaya

It wasn't that long ago he posted either. As a writer, I still find myself without proper words. I hope his family and closest will be okay, and that he didn't suffer, whatever it may have been that afflicted him.

Before this announcement, I have taken the time to chat with the two writers that had threads with him after he returned to the sim, and after some shared words about what happened and some thought, we've decided that it's easiest to just have Logan Hale's threads - where he was thawed from stasis after the Battle of the Apertures - moved to the What If board. There, the two threads will still be available, and it would be scenes in line with "What if Logan Hale returned to duty directly after the battle?". In other words, in the story, Logan Hale will remain in his stasis chamber.

Lt. JG Logan Hale             Wolf-XX [Wraith]

- Former Writer:
Vox

As I write this, I feel like I am not entirely comfortable with leaving this character available for inheritance, knowing what has happened. It feels... wrong, unsure as I am whether Vox would like Logan Hale's adventures to continue or not. As a writer, I am unsure if I would be comfortable taking over this character after the first writer passed away as well. I think that, in respect towards Vox, his character will remain as he was in memory and in the story.

If anyone knows differently, having chatted with him at some point about the topic of inheriting characters, please PM me and I will consider changing this decision.

I hope you are in a happy place, @Vox , wherever you are. Thank you for enriching our story, and for writing with us.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3456
Fair seas and following winds, Vox, with the sun on your back and birds in the sky.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3458
Well said AL.

Rest easy @Vox I was glad to know you and got to write with you, you will be missed my friend.

Reply #3461
MEMORIAL CEREMONY POSTED

In wake of @Vox ’s passing, it was only fitting to post the memorial ceremony held for the whole crew at noon on Day 02:

Memorial Ceremony

This thread is open for posting by all who are available at that hour. Afterwards there is a separate thread posted by @Nolan for the Lone Wolves specifically, where not just the dead Lone Wolves are to be remembered, but the news about the medical condition of Logan Hale is revealed. It can be found here, and is open for all Lone Wolves:

Losing One of Our Own

Both are a small token, however small a gesture, in remembrance of @Vox .

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3462
FALSE ALARM! GOOD GRIEF...

So.... I got this on Discord, from the afterlife, apparently.  (laugh)

I'll just restore the Crew Manifest and all the other pages now, but at least the Memorial Ceremony is up! lol

@Nolan , you may have do make an edit to the Lone Wolves thread as well. But in any case, great news and damn what a scare! Happy to have you back, @Vox ! *chuckles and shakes head*

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3464
ZOMG Vox you beautiful human being! I'm so glad you're not dead! Come here so I can hugs you!

NOW LETS HAVE THREADS, YOURS WITH ALL OF MINE!!!

Reply #3467
lmao

Great news, though! Welcome back?

Reply #3468
Oh, wow. That is a hell of a false alarm. Jeeeze haha. Dude, glad you're not dead, @Vox

Phew

Reply #3470
Welcome back from beyond the grave @Vox ;)

Also just a quick heads up for folks, I'm away from Friday to Monday and will be without internet. I'm working to get posts due over the weekend out today/tomorrow but I might still get a smidge behind on a thread or two. I'll get everything replied to ASAP once I'm back :)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3471
PLEASE WELCOME AHARON, OUR NEWEST THEURGIST!

Today, @Aharon joins us, and they will be writing Vinata Vojona! :)

Ens. Vinata Vojona            Nurse

- Writer:
Aharon

Aharon has been reading up on all of Vinata's extensive backstory, and the edits so far to the character will be a change of voice actress for him. As of this inheritance, after a butterfly flapped it's wings, Vinata has always been voiced by Mischa Barton. Another edit that will be revealed in the story is how - while initially asking V-Nine to restore his male genitals in the beginning of the first week on Aldea - Vinata will likely instead decide to keep his female parts instead. This is actually very much in line with the character's past development in the story, when the character was written by Zenozine, which Aharon was likely inspired by.

Welcome aboard the Theurgy, @Aharon ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3473
Welcome @Aharon looking forward to seeing you around. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Simple Audio Video Embedder