Skip to main content
Topic: The Golden Chevron Award Poll 2017 (Read 4103 times) previous topic - next topic

The Golden Chevron Award Poll 2017

This award is nominated by anyone, but only handed out once every year to the most outstanding writers in the sim.

The poll will run for 7 days, in which those who cast their vote should take a few minutes to read the linked scenes first. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Golden Chevron Award. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on yourself.

Here are the nominations!

1. ABSINTHE

Motivation & Links by Kaligos: When i think about the most outstanding writers there are a few that come to mind, but I also have to look at everyone I have written with, and pick out the best of them. I actually have two people I will be nominating for this award, the person I have the most fun with, and the person that has forced me to improve the most over the year.

Absinthe is firmly in the former category. Their posts have caused me to stop and think, which is a rarity for me. I have had a great time working along side them, for longer term plots, and their posts well thought out and detailed as they are have caused me to be a better writer on more times than i can count. I really struggled with picking one or two of the people I have written with over the past year, but only two have caused me to really stop, and try harder to keep up with them both for detail, and content as well as future planning.

Link: https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2185.0.html

2. EVEN ANGELS CRY

Motivation & Links by Kaligos: When i think about the most outstanding writers there are a few that come to mind, but I also have to look at everyone I have written with, and pick out the best of them. I actually have two people I will be nominating for this award, the person I have the most fun with, and the person that has forced me to improve the most over the year.

With EAC I see the flip side of this, EAC's posts are a joy to read, and out of everyone in the sim probably one of the writers I enjoy working alongside the most. She brings the fun to this rp, and it would be hard for me not to nominate her. From the very first thread we were in together I have been watching the progress of her characters Jaya Thorne and Angel, and have been thrilled to have my characters working along side her.

Link: https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1188.0.html

3. AUCTOR LUCAN

Motivation & Links by Even Angels Cry: He is the reason we are all here and his posts are among the best I've ever read. Back when this sim was in its infancy, he approached me about joining up. We wrote elsewhere on another forum together and i enjoyed his detailed and descriptive posts, plus i loved star trek,  so i looked into it. Unfortunately the timing was bad for me and it took many years before i returned.   Despite this, i was welcomed with open arms and given every available resource for drafting my first character and making my first post.  My entrance was seamless thanks to his plotting and careful writing.  And his quality has never dropped. 

It is astonishing how talented of a writer he is and how much planning and imagination go into every detail of this sim. I am a better writer for writing alongside him.  Simply put, his work is outstanding and he deserves this.

4. KALIGOS

Motivation & Links by Even Angels Cry: Kaligos is actually the reason i am here now.  I honestly thought that i had missed my chance all those years ago and had put this sim out of my mind. Kaligos and i had begun writing together and i was struck by how much fun it was to brainstorm and write with him.  Not only that, but our characters felt real. They were well written and thought out, and they acted much like someone in the real world might act in those situations.  More importantly, the erotic writing often took a backseat to the overall plot.  This was new for me but something i always wanted to do.

Years before meeting kaligos, i wrote on a t- rated forum.  Everything there was about the story and there was a group of us who usually partnered up. Many of us were adults and we grew tired of the constant "fade to black" moments when the story became too sexual or too gory over otherwise adult themed for the site.  Our answer to that was to make an exclusive members only section and tag it with adult labels so that we could write our stories the way we wanted to.  It wasn't long before the site mods kindly asked us to stop or leave, but in those months that we had to ourselves, we were able to simply create.

This is what kaligos did for me when i met him.  He turned a "lets write about sex" adult forum into a "lets write a story.. Oh and there's gonna be sex but let's not focus on it" kind of place.  I enjoyed writing with him so much that when he asked if id be interested in this theurgy star trek sim, i jumped at the chance to continue our adventures. He is the person i write with the most and the one i enjoy writing with the most.  The planning is effortless since we're usually on the same page with what things we want to have happen to our characters, and he's usually open to crazy suggestions.   He can tackle tough subjects like blindness, slavery and abandonment without dragging them out, but he knows how to make the feels stick.  His posts are highly amusing too, when he chooses to be funny.  And i dont know Anyone else who would portray a gorn better than kaligos.

He is an outstanding writer and more than deserves this award.

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder