Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 362952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4701

NO MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS

Well, we seem to have an unfortunate consequence for the story on our hands, in which we are casting a predominant amount of female characters. Looking at the situation now, we have two female characters for every male one. Three, not long ago, and this can't continue.

Therefore, starting today, there will be no more female characters concepts accepted until we are back to an even split ratio.

That's all for now!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4705

THE EASTER BUNNY HAS LEFT

...and so life returns to normal over here.  :)

A lot of heavy posts are lined up for me but I look forward to this leap ahead in the story.  To keep you all appraised on the development on all fronts I will be sending out a Newsletter afterwards with an easy overview on what's left in the Episode.

I'm hoping the plot twist in regard to the Theurgy and Qo'noS will be a surprise still, and that you'll like the throwback references to TNG and The Undiscovered Country.

Moreover, with that time of year coming around and the Episode almost over, I will be conducting a Character Survey again, and for those who don't know what that is, I'd say that in so many words, it's an awesome means to find writing partners in the sim, where I will be playing matchmaker based on your replies to the survey. More info coming later on that.

Make sure to catch the Star Trek trailers for Picard and Discovery online when you get the chance! (I reckon most of you have already done so by now, lol)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4706

LAST BATCH OF STORY OBJECTIVES FOR EPISODE 01: ADVENT OF WAR

>> Click For Full Resolution

Story Objectives updated, with new additions for Chapter 07 in Advent of War. Needless to say, this is the last batch of Story Objectives for Episode 01. :)

Story Objectives

Remember to read the rules for the Story Objectives if you are unfamiliar with how they work.
  • Find writing partners on the Main OOC board on the forum, or alternatively, support each other on the Discord server's channel #writing-requests.
  • In order to earn Story Tokens, one of the writers will have to PM the GM with a link to the starting post of the thread that is meant to fulfil the Objective. This means that in order to have an Objective marked as "In Progress", the starting post must have been made.
  • The starting post should also show who will be participating in the thread, which is usually done with Mentions (seen as @Auctor Lucan ). This means the participants needs to agree on having their characters present for the thread.
  • The Story Tokens earned by the writers will be handed out once the thread is Completed, which requires another PM to the GM, who will update the list of accumulated Tokens per writer.
  • Only threads that have been written in accordance with the General Rules will qualify. This means both post lengths as well as posting deadlines.
  • You may only earn Story Tokens in one Story Objective at the time. This means that in order to earn Tokens in a new thread, the old one must be finished before the new one is started. The reason this rule is important, and doesn't say one objective per character, is because otherwise writers with more characters might have an unfair advantage.
  • Writers may of course also participate in the Objectives without earning Tokens, which will be clearly specified in the thread in such a case.

At this stage of the story, I will be very firm with the rule that a writer may only participate in one Story Objective at the time, so that those with many characters can't hog all the fun to themselves. Try to spread these around and write with people you may not have written with before in order to meet the requirements in the Objectives. I will likely not permit participation in multiple Objectives at this stage, even if a writer will only earn Story Tokens from one of the Objectives. This, to stimulate story participation across many writers, so pick any Objective you want to write wisely!

Next, a Newsletter where the situation overall in the last phase of the Episiode will be described, detailing what is left to cover in the story. Chapter 07: All or Nothing will focus on the situation in the Great Hall, while Praxis Crucible will deal with the threat looming off  orbit... The latter will demand cooperation from not just Security, but Engineering and Science as well. Moreover, cooperation with Klingon forces may prove paramount.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4707
Naturally, I am already moving forward with plans on the mission to recover Fisher, please DM me for details.

Reply #4708
Going to be a couple more days on my next post for the battle log--nearly at the end of semester here in grad school and one of my classes is a complete unmitigated disaster where we've  had no grades, no feedback, no assignments, and are essentially unpaid untrained laborers for a prof's passion project. 

Can you tell I'm a little bit bitter? 

On top of that I'm not sure what gender I am anymore and THAT is a trip and a half, let me tell you. 

Anyway apologies for the delay, will make my next story post as soon as I can think up some witty banter to go with the action. 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4709

A NEW CHARACTER SURVEY HAS BEEN SENT TO YOUR INBOXES!

A Character Survey has been sent out in preparation for Interregnum 01-02! Please check your inboxes to make sure you got it and send in your replies before the 2nd of May.

Remember that removing names from the list is just a lack of present ideas for a pairing between that character and yours. Try to come up with specific ideas for each character name you keep there in order to get the exchange of ideas rolling. Make sure to take this opportunity to find new writing partners!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4710
PLEASE WELCOME SARAKNIGHT, OUR NEWEST THEURGIST!

Today, @SaraKnight joins us, and they will be writing Amissa, callsign "Emerald"! :)

Lt. JG Amissa          Security Officer (Temporary Assignment)

- Writer:
SaraKnight

@SaraKnight brings a Tactical CONN officer that will eventually come aboard the Theurgy from the Oneida and join the Lone Wolves. Being on temporary assignment to Security because of what happened to her and her RIO before the Oneida picked her up, Amissa will probably be making her first appearance in either of the current Oneida threads, but she is also a part of the Sabine crew that went to Qo'noS. For the time being, officers on the Oneida will be listed here: Non-Crew Listing.

Welcome aboard the Theurgy! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4719
Welcome aboard!   Another Orion, neat! 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4720
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!

I woke up to the message that I had been approved and I am so excited. I will try and get my first post out tonight or tomorrow and I really look forward to writing with all of you. I have been reading through the various stories and they are really exciting reads.

SaraKnight  :)
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4723
Hey folks. I just want to ask: does anyone have a thread idea in mind that requires a shuttle pilot during the Qo'nos battle? I'm trying to find something for Lillee to do during this timeframe.

EDIT: Welp, I've been drafted (although Lillee will be doing all the hard work, poor lass). Thanks folks.

Simple Audio Video Embedder