Skip to main content
Topic: Day 08 [2007 hrs.] Second Chances (Read 2955 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 08 [2007 hrs.] Second Chances

"SECOND CHANCES"

STARDATE: 57577.39
MARCH 18
2007 HRS.

[ Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 06 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @AlyFox  
[Show/Hide]
When the sparring partner closed the distance with a grappling technique, Deputy zh'wann's response was immediate and uncompromising.

Instead of retreating - where she could unbalance the opponent's forward momentum - Ida made use of the grip upon her blue-skinned arm. In a blur, she spun on her feet while stepping behind the engineer. It made her end up back to back with her opponent for a fleeting brief moment... before Ida's elbow impacted with the back of the pinkskin's head. She did not exactly pull her attack, yet she also made sure she did not cause a concussion either.

The hit landed true and Ida twisted her forearm free against the engineer's thumb. Thus free, she stepped after the unbalanced opponent, used the moment of distraction from the elbow strike by dealing three consecutive and brutal blows against the torso. After this, she retreated - the sparring ring's overhead light dancing over her frame as she regrouped from the counter-attack. She had decided to end her training session with a spar, and she was just about finished - the showers and any messages she'd got waiting for her. The day had been long and uneventful, so a spar had matched her mood perfectly.

On the defensive again, with gloved hands raised in a rigid guard and blue eyes trained upon the opponent - jaw locked around the mouth-guard she had between her teeth - Ida said nothing. She merely waited. Anticipated. No thoughts. No analysis. No speculation.

No. Because the strategy, the tactics, the planning. All of it boiled down to the costly maintenance of one's experience - ever sharpened. Never to be dulled by the lack of said maintenance. Grinding, gruelling practice. Daily. Bodily knowledge maintained by repetition, lest forgotten. The more to sharpen, the more it became a part of one's life, the more time sacrificed. For Ida, martial arts had been a part of her life since she was accepted into the Andorian Guard. It was not a skill as much as it was a way of life for her.

So. There was neither thought, analysis or speculation as Ida turned with the advancing engineer's next movement, never turning her back to him as she blocked his first strike... and led the punch wide from her own torso. Anticipation allowed her to read the attempt at a low kick, and she acted on the threat by raising her knee with the turn - blocking with her chin. With the engineer thus left wide open, the grinding, gruelling repetition of her life of practise laid behind the right hook that came afterwards - going straight against the engineer's headguard. His knees buckled, and he lost his sense of orientation. The subsequent spinning kick came in from the same direction - brutally aimed for the torso. The human weighed three times as much as her, but he staggered from the momentum behind her attack. Her left hook was merely an emphasised punctuation to the spar.

Once the engineer was down, Ida stepped away. Idly, she removed her own headgear and tossed it aside. She picked up her water bottle, took a swig from it, and then walked back to her fallen opponent. With her chest heaving from the exertion of the spar, she poured some of the bottle's cold contents over his head and neck, making him stir.

"You okay, Petty Officer?" she asked, her antennae angling forth with her query - white eyebrows raised.

"Y-Yeah... just got the wind knocked out of me, I think," he said through his teeth, groaning as he struggled to sit up.

"Good. I think your shift is due to start. Thanks for volunteering," she said and walked away, her white sports bra and black shorts damp to her skin.

"Any t-time, Deputy..." she heard the pinkskin say behind her, yet to find his feet. Ida didn't glance back, merely removing her gloves and the gauze around her knuckles whilst she headed towards the communal locker room.

Re: Day 08 [2007 hrs.] Second Chances

Reply #1
[ LT. JG Jovela | Locker Room | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 06 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Luckily things had finally started to settle down onboard the ship. A lot of the people who had been hurt during their last major encounter had been treated and were well on their way to recovery. In fact, a lot of their patients had been discharged from Sickbay already and the few that remained were mostly in there for Post Op observation before being discharge. Outside of that Sickbay had been pretty quiet beyond minor scrapes and the occasional burn suffered by one of the Engineers or Ops personnel during the repairs as well as more than a few people looking for pain relief after a fun night out.

As such Jovela had found herself with a little free time and had decided to hit the gym. It had been a while since she had gotten a good workout in and trained to keep her skills up. There had been a few other people in there at the time so she had settled on hitting one of the punch bags set up in the corner, practicing her jabs and movement as it swung back and forth. It wasn’t as good as actually sparring with a partner but it was enough of a workout for her that day.

She’d finished up and made her way into the locker room, swapping her workout gear for a towel wrapped around her and some bathing supplies before hitting the showers. Sighing as she leaned back against the wall and let the water hit her, wanting to feel it cascading down her body and really scrub herself clean instead of opting for the sonic option. Sometimes it was nice to have a proper shower than the alternative.

Once she was clean and feeling refreshed, she turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around her before stepping out and padding her way back to her stall. As she rounded the corner and came to a stop where her stuff was, she caught sight of the blue skinned, white haired Andorian that everybody knew enter the locker room. Evidently, she too had opted for a workout sometime after Jovela had finished her and headed for the shower based on the look of her.

It had been 5 days since their encounter on Aldea and the Head Nurse hadn’t spoken to her one-time lover since then. A part of her had wanted to at least send the Deputy a message for perhaps overreacting at the end of their conversation last time, yet another part of her felt that she had done nothing wrong and it was the Deputy who should apologise. In the end she had settled on doing nothing and deal with it the next time she saw the woman.

Of course, she had been hoping that it would have been during a medical emergency or some other professional setting where she could simply be the Head Nurse and not have to worry about any personal issues between them. She certainly didn’t think it would be in the communal locker room of the gym of all places. Perhaps the woman hadn’t noticed her and she could duck out after changing? Or maybe Ida would decide to hit the showers before doing anything else, then Jovela could simply pretend she hadn’t seen her and leave while she was in the shower, yeah that was believable.

Quickly averting her gaze before the Andorian caught her staring, she reached into her bag and started pulling out her uniform and hung it up in the order she would start putting things on. 

Reply #2
[ Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 06 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @AlyFox 
[Show/Hide]
Mid-step, spotting Head Nurse Jovela just after she turned her gaze away, Ida paused... for she realised she had her locker right next to the Risian.

Shelat, this might become awkward... she thought with a small frown, knowing that the two of them hadn't parted on the best of terms, even though the Nurse had been instrumental in letting Ida process and move on from what had befallen her so far on the Theurgy's voyage. Of course she was seeing one of the counselors too, with minimal progress, but it had been Jovela's open and liberating mind-set that had helped Ida embrace what she used to be once more. She had taken up painting again, gradually, and even though her first pieces had been dark... it was to be expected. She was shedding all the losses and the abuse she'd suffered unto the canvas, and incrementally, she was able to compartmentalise it all in her mind, and rationalise it with her current situation.

All of it thanks to Jovela.

So while they might not have parted on the best of terms, the clash plain in how they were so entirely different when it came to their duties and background, Ida hosted no ill feelings towards her happenstance lover. Quite the opposite. The nurse might not fully relate to Ida's stark sense of justice - the right and wrongs of officers in the line of duty - or she was personally biased because of her involvement in matters that bygone day at Starfleet Medical. Ida had, of course, held her promise, and hadn't reported Jovela for letting the deserter steal a shuttle and escape after he killed that Klingon. No one from Security had summoned the Risian for a hearing, and while it was entirely uncharacteristic of Ida to not abide to her oaths... she couldn't bring herself to report a victim of attempted rape.

Not when she'd suffered the same fate, several times. Jovela had, of course, called her out for exactly that - judging her for not understanding what she might have suffered at the hands of that dishonourable Klingon - and the words still stung Ida. It stung because not just because she wasn't fulfilling her duties... but because it had seemed Jovela had actually thought Ida following justice so blindly.

Slowly, she drew up next to Jovela, still a bit winded from the spar, sweat beading her blue skin, and the overhead lights dancing over her movements. Of course the Head Nurse looked as extraordinary as she'd been down there on the beach near the Ibai Besi's outlet, fresh from a shower and wearing naught but a towel. It made Ida remind herself to refrain staring, even though the eye of an artist was always drawn to such physical splendour.

"Pardon me," she said quietly, and tapped in the authorisation code for her locker, almost brushing shoulders with the Risian. She realised that she was about to remove all her clothing for a shower, and while Andorians weren't generally modest with showing skin, the context in which she and the Head Nurse had been naked before was at the forefront of Ida's mind. Perhaps, also, it was the culture of Starfleet that had bestowed a sense of propriety unto her after her exile from her keth and homeworld? She wasn't sure, but there was no avoiding it.

In fact, the removal of clothing was far easier than finding ought to say. The secret between them was the very note upon which they had parted, and couldn't revisit, in risk of Jovela suffering the consequences. Perhaps it might not be a big thing on the nurse' record, but surely it would become a permanent thing in her file. Ida didn't even know what Doctor Kobol  might do if he learned about it.

"I've... started painting again," she ended up saying, feeling a fool for it. Was that the best way to break the ice? It wasn't even a question. Still it might draw attention away from the fact that she was shedding her tank top, shorts and underwear right next to the woman.

Reply #3
[ LT. JG Jovela | Locker Room | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 06 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Jovela kept her eyes forward as she slipped her underwear on up under the towel, silently cursing in her head when the Andorian came to a stop beside her, hearing her quiet "pardon me." Of course the Andorian's locker had to be next to hers. The head nurse gave her a silent nod and shuffled over slightly to give her a little more room, even then the two almost touched given the closeness of the lockers.

Jovela did her best to avoid looking at the Deputy as she started removing her workout clothes but couldn't help but take a glimpse, seeing her blue skin and ass very briefly before she stood up and unwrapped the towel from around herself,  putting on her bra, feeling somewhat awkward being topless, albeit briefly in front of her one time lover, especially considering what had transpired between the two of them recently. The uncomfortable silence between then didn't make it any less awkward either.

As she continued getting dressed she it would be Ida who would break the silence, stating that she had started painting again. "That's...good to hear." Jovela replied and she was being honest with that statement, regardless of their personal beliefs on Jovela's actions, she did still want Ida to move on from the trauma she had suffered and the fact she had started painting again was a good sign. "I hope you're enjoying it and that it helps." she added.

Trying her best to avoid looking at the other woman as she shed her clothes, Jovela couldn't help but wonder if the other woman had sneaked a peek at her but pushed the thought out of her head as she stepped into one leg of her pants, then the other and pulled them up. Another silence passing between them until this time Jovela was the one to speak up.

"I'm sorry." she found herself saying. "About before, what happened back at the Academy is an...unpleasant subject for me and Drauc....he saved me back then and once again here on the ship, he also taught me to defend myself so I'm a little protective of him, even if he would say I don't have to be." she found herself saying. "I know what he did to that Klingon was...excessive, wrong even but..." she started saying than shrugged, Ida already knew her feelings on that, there was no need to repeat them.

"...I shouldn't have reacted the way I had, as a security officer you of course would see it a different way and as someone who has experienced what I did...worse in fact..." Jovela said quieter, since after all Jovela had never been raped thanks to Drauc, unlike Ida who hadn't been able to avoid that fate herself "...I shouldn't have thrown that at you just because I was angry." the head nurse finished and took a breath.

"The fact I'm not sitting in the brig right now, been kicked off the ship or lost my job would imply you haven't told anybody about my involvement in helping Drauc....twice. I know what your sense of duty means to you and the fact you haven't I....thank you Ida." she said, addressing the woman by name for the first time since their last encounter.

Reply #4
[Show/Hide]
The self-consciousness of Ida's - of ending up standing naked next to Jovela - all bled away in the emotional response to the Head Nurse's apology. She might have been standing there in the artificial light of the locker room, having been about to grab her towel and head for the showers, but once Jovela began to speak of that day in Starfleet Medical and her gratefulness for not being dismissed from duty, Ida cleared her throat and looked around the locker room - verifying that they were alone so that no one might overhear how Ida had neglected to report her findings. Even the furtive looks she may have cast in the Risian's direction before that was forgotten in momentary alarm.

"While the outcome of what you did is not certain, reported or not..." she said under her breath, giving the woman a chiding smile since they were in fact alone. She leaned in, adding, "...there is no need to broadcast it far and wide either."

While she tossed her shorts, panties, shoes and sports bra into the locker and pulled out a white towel, she was contemplative. Her eyebrows were raised, just like her antennae. "I don't act the part of judge or jury, but I do know that Drauc T'Laus has been vindicated from his crime and desertion for the time being, since he's served in defence this ship against Devoted, Asurians, Klingons and Borg drones. Before then, he fought one of the Infested at Starbase 84, aiding my boarding party in reaching the command centre. While he might see the insides of a tribunal eventually, if we make it through this and the Theurgy is no longer a renegade ship, he might just be acquitted because of his actions since then. It might not matter, but chances are that his service might eventually aid you as well... should you stand with him on trial for what happened back then."

With her towel in hand, not bothering to cover herself up since she felt they were beyond that point of propriety, Ida felt she had to add the obvious. "Apology accepted," she said with a small smile, "and I should apologise as well, for not being clearer in my words. I might have given you the wrong impression of not caring about the mitigating factors involved in the event back then on Earth. I do understand, even if it doesn't change much in terms of Federation laws."

After she closed her locker, Ida slowly walked past Jovela, but before she headed to the shower... she paused and leaned in from behind her. "Just to be clear... Please realise that regardless how fantastic a lover you are, and in spite of the fact that you've helped me deal with the traumas I've suffered during this long mission," she said quietly into her ear, a warm undercurrent to her tone, "the fact that I have not reported my findings have nothing to do with either."

It was the truth, even if the former factors were considerable. With her addendum, she put a hand on Jovela's hip, and lowered her voice even further, her lips almost brushing against the Head Nurse's ear. "No... I would rather you helped saving lives aboard this ship than not. My oath is to the protection of this crew, and in that interest - more so that the sex - I want you at large."

A playful tease, perhaps, and quite uncharacteristic of her, but Ida felt it had to be said. Then, she headed towards the showers with her towel in hand, merely giving the other woman a lopsided little grin over her shoulder before vanishing into one of the cylindrical stalls.

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

Jovela listened to Ida as she spoke, even though it did take more willpower than she would care to admit to keep her eyes from roaming over the Andorian's naked body beside her. The Risian did internally berate herself for not lowering her voice as she had spoken but she smirked back at the Deputy when the woman gave her a chiding smile and leaned it.

"I was alone in here when you came in and I could see the door just past you, I knew it was safe." she whispered back "But I will make sure to not broadcast such things when there are people around."

Jovela nodded when Ida said that Drauc had been vindicated from his crime and desertion for the time being although whether that would remain true or not once all this other stuff was resolved was another matter, it was entirely possible that his efforts to help would spare him such a fate, yet even if it did not she knew he wouldn't run again either, he had more honor than that. The fact that he had helped might even help her, Ida thought should she stand with him on trial.

"If I do then so be it, I knew what I was doing. Even if I avoid jail time I'd at the very least lose my commission and get kicked out of Starfleet." she said, taking a moment to think on that. It had been so long and she'd apparently gotten away with it that she hadn't really given it much thought and with everything else going on it hadn't occurred to her that they would even survive for such a thing. On top of that as far as she knew only two people knew of what happened back then, Drauc and Ida. She was pretty sure Drauc would lie for her and insist he'd escaped by himself after saving her and a part of her wondered if she would lie and say that was true to keep her place in Starfleet. The other was Ida and while she had kept it quiet for now who knew if that would change in the future and if she were at the trial for some reason could she really lie in front of the Andorian again? It was all hypothetical of course, many things could happen between now and then, including them all dying. However in that moment she came to a realization that she spoke as soon as the thought had formed. "I can live with that if that's the case." she said, taking herself a little by surprise but it was true, if the worst thing that happened to her was her losing her career in Starfleet that was a price she was willing to pay.

The nurse was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard Ida accept her apology and smiled "Thank you." she replied as she listened to Ida speak her own apology and have the woman a small smile back "Apology accepted as well." While deep down Jovela knew that Ida did understand it was nice to hear that she cared. Hell she probably knew that back then too but anger had clouded her mind in the moment, as she had said and apologized for. It seemed the two would get past that.

She hadn't noticed that Ida had closed her locker until the woman was behind her and almost jumped at the sound of her voice close to her, unable to prevent the smile at the fact the woman thought she was a fantastic lover and felt the warm undercurrent to her tone as she spoke she nodded "Oh I know." she whispered back, although whether that was in acknowledgement of her being a fantastic lover, that she knew that wasn't the reason why Ida hadn't turned her in or both, she wouldn't say, that would be something the Deputy would have to figure out on her own should she choose too.

At the feel of Ida's hand on her hip and the breath on her ear, practically feeling the woman's lips on them as well as the warmth of the other woman's body, Jovela felt her body shudder slightly as she Ida spoke, her voice even lower than before and sounding so sexy as she spoke about wanting her to save lives on the ship, she did take of her phrasing of the last part.

Taking a breath as Ida stepped away, she turned her head to watch the woman, seeing the lopsided grin on her face as she walked away. "Moreso than the sex perhaps but it is a part of it." she grinned back, making sure to bite her lower lip seductively before Ida disappeared into the shower.

A part of her wanted nothing more than to strip off her pants and join the woman in that shower but Thea's computer voice informed her that her duty shift was due to start in 10 minutes, leaving her just enough time to finish getting dressed, drop her workout clothes off in her quarters and make it to Sickbay just in time for her shift to start.

Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2

Making it to Sickbay on time, Jovela couldn't help but notice that it was rather quiet in Sickbay, then again it usually was this time of night barring an emergency or accident. Taking the time to make sure nobody was around, she brought up the message system on her terminal and started typing one out.

TO: Lieutenant. ThanIda zh'Wann
SUBJECT: Therapy
MESSAGE: Lieutenant, while your last "session" was conducted on professional grounds with very good results if I do say so myself, if you feel you require another session or several I might be able to accommodate you...

However you'll have to earn them ;)

-Jovela 

Smirking slight at the message, she only hesitated briefly before hitting the send button and closing out the message system, curious as to what reply she might get.

Reply #6
[ Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann | Security Centre | Deputy's Office | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @AlyFox 
[Show/Hide]
After her shower, Ida had reached her office and started to deal with the reports and tasks for the day. Her hair was still wet and combed back from her antennae, and now and again - feeling the wet tresses tickle her the sides of her neck - she thought of how fortuitous it was that she'd run into the Head Nurse in the locker room.

Given what had happened between them when they last parted, any ordinary message wouldn't have 'cleared the air', as the humans tended to say, so she was glad that they'd been able to put the investigation aside. At least for the time being, and by Lor'Vela, Ida hoped neither Drauc nor Jovela would have to be on trial once the mission was over.

A small chirp came from her computer console, pulling her from her thoughts, and she couldn't quite help the small smile that came to her stoic countenance, which she usually wore when on duty. She thought for a moment, and tapped in a reply.

TO: Head Nurse Jovela
SUBJECT: RE: Therapy
I believe that I might require multiple sessions, but I wonder if we can fit them all into one evening?

Moreover, I believe painting you akin to how I described it planet-side might serve for compensation for your troubles? If that's not enough, I look forward to hear how I might earn your time.

Unless you have plans, I hope to discuss this matter thoroughly in my quarters at 1930 hrs.

Ida
Reading the message once before sending, she almost deleted the entire thing so that she might start over. Was it too raunchy? No, if anyone would take a peek at her correspondence, she believed the reader would be none the wiser. At least she hoped so.

Now I just need to finish this shift...

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]

After Jovela had sent her message to Ida, sickbay had only had a few visitors, leaving the medical staff to tidy up the place a little, catch up on paperwork and have a chat with each other. Pretty much a laid back, easy day for them, which after the hectic few days they'd had when they first arrived at Aldea was certainly something Jovela wasn't going to complain about.

As a result she had been sitting at her desk when the reply from the Andorian had come in and read it, a small smile making it way onto her face as her eyes scanned the words.

So she believed multiple sessions were in order eh? Well the Risian was certainly up for that. Being painted was certainly a form of compensation although Jovela was sure she could think of other ways the deputy chief could compensate her.

The woman had invited her to visit her after her shift had ended. Jovela herself would finish at 1900 hours, which would allow her enough time to take a quick shower and change first.

With another soft smile, she started typing out her own reply.

TO: Lieutenant. ThanIda zh'Wann
 SUBJECT: RE: Therapy
If you feel you require multiple sessions then I am sure that can be arranged, and while I suppose it is possible we might be able to fit them all into one evening, therapy is something that can't be rushed Lieutenant. Also would you really want to cram all my...unique therapeutic treatments into one evening? 

As for your offer of compensation, a painting such as we discussed early would indeed be adequate compensation for a session, although I'm sure there are other ways you could compensate me for any future sessions that may take place as well should the time ever come.

1930 hrs? It's a date.

Jovela

Jovela briefly debated deleting the date comment, for while she was using it as a general expression like many Humans did she wasn't sure if the Andorian would view it the same way. Given her experiences as of late would she consider it a date? If not would it make her uncomfortable? Was it in fact a date thinking about it? Given what might happen it was possible it might be, no matter how they phrased it.

Shaking her head she hit send. You're overthinking things Jovie. she thought to herself before closing the message app and getting back to the little work she had left to do.

After her shift had ended, Jovela made her way back to her quarters and took a shower, getting herself refreshed and smelling like lavender thanks to her choice of body wash. Stepping out of the shower, she brushed her hair back and tied it into a ponytail before making her way to her wardrobe to pick out something to wear.

At first she considered something casual but them smirked when she spotted another outfit, one that would be considered overdressed for the occasion perhaps but one that would definitely get the Andorian's attention and spark her to creative juices and perhaps other, more intimate juices too if the Head Nurse was lucky.

Making her way down the corridors wearing the very tight figure hugging black dress that accentuated all her curves, she noticed the looks she got from other members of the crew, giving them all smiles and saying Hi to those who passed, thanking those who commented her on her looks and exchanging several flirty comments with several other male and female members of the crew as well, until she found herself standing in front of Ida's quarters and pressed the button to sound the chime.

Reply #8
[ Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann | Security Centre | Deputy's Office | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @AlyFox 
[Show/Hide]
On her part, Ida had donned nothing akin to a dress by the time the Head Nurse was making her way to her quarters.

No, since the premise of the evening was seemed focused on her craft - among other possible exploits - Ida had donned simple Earth-style denim shorts and a loose off-the shoulder top in white cotton. Both were spattered with different paints even if they were recently replicated, and her white hair was wet from the shower she'd taken after her duty shift. She would let it air-dry before she'd brush it, but as she was preparing easel and canvas in the middle of her quarters, she'd realised that time was too short. She'd simply have to deal with the damp tresses later. She'd replicated a forgotten meal consisting of the salmon she'd enjoyed in the Academy, various Bajoran nuts, greens and some Earth potatoes. She was never forgetful lest it came to the procrastination of her artwork, where she might forget both time and place more often than not - focused entirely on the piece in front of her as she tended to be.

Admittedly, she normally painted without any clothes on at all - to have nothing between herself and the paints she worked with - but not at the times when she was drawing models, obviously. It never tended to end well... The very few times it happened just leading to the paintings being left unfinished...

So, when the chime rang, she remembered the plate of food and picked it up anew. "Enter," she called, and chewed while seeing Jovela make her entrance into her dimly lit quarters. There was a spot of light shining on a the deck in the middle of her quarters, suggesting where the posing ought to take place, and the easel stood just outside the brightness. A small table sat next to it, holding palettes, oil paints and brushes. Seeing the nurse's attire, Ida couldn't help the smile that touched her mouth. Her antennae rose in appreciation to the sight. "By Lor'Vela, I thought you'd wanted to be painted without clothes on, but I really wouldn't mind either way now."

Her smile remaining she nodded towards the replicator. "Have you eaten? Feel free if you haven't," she said, her blue eyes following the Risian after she'd stepped into her quarters. It wasn't without a small thrill of excitement in the pit of her stomach that Ida looked forward to the evening, and whatever might come of it.

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]

Hearing Ida call for her to enter, Jovela stepped through the doors into the dimly lit quarters and couldn't help but scan the room with her eyes, pretty standard quarters all things considered from what she could see, although her gaze was more drawn to the spot where she was to be painted. The fact it was illuminated with the easel just outside the brightness was the give away.

Before she could say anything, she spotted Ida and the way she smiled at the sight of her, noting how her antennae rose and smirked at her words. "Who says I don't but I'm pretty sure there are regulations that forbid walking naked through the halls of the ship, despite the fact I'm sure nobody would mind the view so I figured a sexy dress was the next best thing." she grinned. "As for whether I'm in the dress or out of it is entirely up to you." she winked.

Shaking her head at the offer of food as she crossed the room, closing the distance between them the Risian couldn't help but smile seductively at the Andorian Chief, pausing before the woman "So how do you want me?" she asked, lowering her voice into a husky tone before stepping past here and into the light where she was meant to pose.

Reply #10
[Show/Hide]
"In more ways than one, quite honestly," replied Ida to the question, her eyes and antennae both following the Head Nurse with a rueful smirk. "Yet to begin with, I think I'd like you on my canvas."

Having said so, she put the plate of food aside and followed Jovela into the brighter part of the room, and as she followed, she put a hand on her arm, beckoning for her to turn towards her once they were right under the spotlight. When the Risian turned to face her, Ida found herself stepping yet another step closer to her... and kissed her. Given the manner in which they had parted after their last meeting (not counting the locker room), Ida wished to bridge the gap made completely.

So, with a hand at the small of Jovela's back, and the other cupping the side of her face, she made out with the woman right there on the floor. Speaking of the floor, that's where Jovela's black dress ended up after a short while, Ida having caressed it off the nurse and letting it drop down around her ankles. Only when the Risian was completely bare to the light did Ida step away, her lips and her hands leaving her friend at last, so that she might return to the plate of food and the waiting easel. She did so with a little teasing grin of her own, repaying Jovela for earlier by leaving her wanting for more.

"I recall that I'd wanted to depict you as you were on the beach, with your hair in front of your shoulders... and your gaze saying even more than your bareness might," she said and chewed a bite of Bajoran nuts and greenery, gesturing with towards the carpeted deck at Jovela's feet. "I can add in the sand and the ocean, so the floor will have to do. Just make yourself comfortable..."

Then, Ida put the plate aside with a small smile and walked to her easel. She picked up her brush and palette, which she'd already prepared with the right colour-scheme for the piece she had in mind. "Have you ever modelled like this before?"

Reply #11
[ LT. JG Jovela | Ida's Quarters | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Jovela smirked when Ida told her that she wanted her in more ways than one and the feeling was more than mutual for her as well although she resisted the urge to make a joke about physically laying on the canvas.

As she made her way towards the brighter part of the room, she could hear Ida's footfalls behind her, feeling her arm be taken and turned to the face the other woman once they were in position. Watching as the blue skinned beauty inched closer to her and kissed her. This was certainly different to how they had parted early and Jovela found herself much preferring this than the other.

Moaning softly against the other woman's lips as they kissed, Jovela savoured the taste of the other woman as she felt a hand on the small of her back and another on the side of her face. Losing herself in the kiss she wrapped her arms around the other woman's waist and pressed her body up against Ida's, feeling her breasts press against Ida's. At some point the two had parted somewhat as they had continued their make out session and the nurse couldn't help but smile against the security chief's lips when she felt her dress being slipped down her body, feeling it fall around her ankles. Despite knowing why she was here, Jovela did regret when Ida stepped away from her and returned to her own spot for the painting, not at all missing the smirk the woman gave her as she went.

Still Jovela could contain her arousal and was sure that at some point she would have her revenge on the other woman for such tricks. Listening to what Ida had to say, Jovela slowly and seductively lowered herself to the floor, making a show of stretching out her body as she did so, making sure to arch her body to show off her curves before rolling onto her side to look towards Ida. Once she found a comfortable position, she made a show of adjusting her hair to the way Ida wanted it by placing her hand on her thigh and slowly running it up her body, making sure to glide her fingers over her lips and clit, causing a shudder to run through her as she kept her gaze on the other woman. Up and over her stomach her hand went, then her breast and up along her neck and into her hair. Allowing her fingers to flow through the strands, she flicked it forward so that it was in front of her shoulders and smiled.

[color-lightseagreen]"I believe this is how you want me and while I could certainly fake the look, if you want the real deal I believe you too were naked as I looked at you before."[/color] she said.

When she was asked if she had ever modelled like this before she smiled "For photos with an ex lover yes but never for a painting." she answered then smiled "What about you? Have you ever been the model or only the artist?"

Reply #12
[Show/Hide]
Oh, how riveting wasn't it, watching the Head Nurse get in position?

Indeed, Ida had nothing to complain about with the chosen pose. At the suggestion that she ought to be naked as well, Ida chuckled from where she stood at the easel. The idea to do so, again, was intriguing, but she knew the set-backs of it, and she felt that it wouldn't be fair to not give due warning.

"Never the model, no," she said and put her palette and brush aside on the small table next to the canvas. Hardly believing that she'd already begun, she tugged the paint-spattered white top off her other shoulder and let it slide down her hips and legs - pooling on the carpet-covered deck plates beneath her bare feet. "I would be remiss not telling you how this might be a bit of a distraction, and how it could delay the completion of the painting..."

Nonetheless, she loosened the button at the front of her Earth-style denim shorts and put her thumbs behind the waistline of her panties as well, pushing both down over her hips and letting them drop down on top of the white top. She felt a bit of a flutter at the pit of her stomach, since the implication of intimacy was still something that had mental pit-falls for her. So much had gone awry for her in that regard during their voyage, and she was still reacquainting herself with her off-duty passions for art and beauty. Her rueful smile didn't waver, though, as she returned to her easel - pretending as if there was naught out of the ordinary even if she hadn't a thread of clothing on her any more.

"See, now I might get paint on my skin, and that would mean I'll have to take a shower instead of finishing," she clarified in jest, as if the obvious implication wasn't even there - the unsaid merely plain in the crease at the corner of her eye.

"Speaking of which, I almost expected to have company in the shower this morning...." she said and tilted her head, sketching the outline of Jovela's body on her canvas with a piece of coal. "Sadly enough... the one I expected to appear didn't show, making me think she wasn't interested."

Reply #13
[Show/Hide]

"Why not?" Jovela asked when Ida told her that she had never been the model herself. "Never wanted to or never had the opportunity to be one?" she asked, not that Jovela would be able to offer up any kind of opportunity for her to do so, her own artistic skills somewhat lacking in that department.

Her thoughts quickly abandoned her however when the Andorian started stripping before, watching as her shirt slide down her body onto the carpeted floor and smirked. "How ever so? I'm not going to do anything." she smiled "Or are you that distracted by your own body? Not that I can blame you of course if you were."

As Ida worked the button of her shorts, Jovela was transfixed on the sight as she hooked her fingers in the waistband and pulled both her shorts and underwear down in one and let out a throaty moan at the sight of the blue skinned beauty standing naked before her and felt herself getting just a little wet between her thighs at the sight before Ida made her way over to the easel.

Pulled out of the naughty thoughts running through her head at Ida's words she smiled "Nothing wrong with a nice shower." she replied although she could hear the slight jest in the other woman's voice.

When Ida brought up their encounter earlier and the potential of her joining the other woman in the shower, Jovela played it calm. She'd be lying if she hadn't been tempted but given how they had left things it might have been a little awkward at first. Of course she also had to report for duty as well and smiled. "Oh it was tempting, believe me but then I would of had to give a reason why the Head Nurse had failed to report for work on time." she said "Granted I'm sure I could have come up with something Aiden is too nice a person to decieve like that just for a special shower. Perhaps next time I should have an excuse prepared for him just in case." she added with a grin.

As she remained in her pose for Ida as she continued working, Jovela tried to move as little as possible even while trying to peek around the easel to get a glimpse of the naked woman behind it. Will little success, although she did get the brief flash of side boob and those smooth legs, that was something at least she could enjoy to tide her over for now. 

Reply #14
[Show/Hide]
Progressing with the painting, the sketched base was quickly finished, and Ida began to make rudimentary shading by brushing her fingertips against the coal - marking where the shadows were on Jovela's bare outline.

"I am positive the new Chief Medical Officer wouldn't have held it against you," she commented teasingly while she worked, the motivation towards this piece she worked on quite high given the motif in question, not to mention what might come afterwards. In the meantime, she would bide her time trading remarks with the Head Nurse.

"You should have just told him the truth, that you had to make sure a patient was responding well to the treatment you'd administered last," he continued, tilting her head as she worked, and enjoyed the way the anticipation made her a feel. "Finding just how well I did... you simply had no choice but to give the same treatment again, hoping for a complete recovery."

Her blue eyes strayed to the Risian where she laid in the light, remembering a report she'd read from the battle with the Savi dreadnought in the Azure Nebula, and what had happened in sickbay at the time.

"How is the new Doctor treating you?" she wondered idly, straying to a more serious topic briefly, "While I was abducted, I read that you were involved in the confrontation with Doctor Nicander... when his true nature was revealed. How have you and the rest of the people in sickbay come to terms with working for one of the Infested for such a long time?"

Ida had no idea how she'd react if Wenn Cinn had been one of them. She'd administered the stun-test herself on the Ridge-Nose when he'd 'returned from the dead', and she had been immensely relieved to find that he was not one of the enemy. Jovela had served under Doctor Nicander since she came aboard the Theurgy, and according to the man himself, he'd been carrying the parasite since the end of his Academy days. That meant that every single conversation and exchange with the Câroon that Jovela had ever had... it had been with one of them.

The serious turn of the conversation might have been a bit off-road from the situation in Ida's quarters, but the Deputy's curiosity simply couldn't be kept at bay. She stepped out from behind the canvas to take in the way the light fell over Jovela's skin from a new angle, and while she did so, she was mixing two colours on her palette - the long brush held between her fingertips while she stirred the pigmentation together.

Reply #15
[Show/Hide]

Jovela did her best to maintain her pose as she watched Ida work on the painting....or more accurately let her gaze run up those nice legs of hers as that was all she could really see before the canvas obscured her view, not that she was complaining of course.

"Oh I'm sure he wouldn't, but I am a professional...most of the time." she countered with a teasing smirk of her own, acknowledging that her "treatment" of the deputy security chief wasn't exactly entirely professional.

Thinking on the same lines as herself, Ida mentioned that very incident and grinned. ]color=lightseagreen]"This is true, although I don't know how I would explain that treatment if he probed any further into it."[/color] she added and smirked at her follow up comment. "Well that he would certainly have forgiven me for, we do strive to provide the best care for our patients after all." Jovela grinned. "I'll remember that next time you decide to pull me away from my duties for some...treatment."

Jovela caught Ida look over at her and gave her a smile from her position bathed in the light, listening to her as she asked how their new CMO was treating her as well as the fact she had been there when they confronted Nicander and the revelation of what he truly was and took a breath.

"Elro is a good man and a fine doctor, we haven't really socialised much outside of work but we have a good professional relationship, I don't think sickbay will have any issues with the change in leadership. As for Nicander...it was a shock to all of us. To find out that someone we worked closely with for so long to not be the person we thought he was and how scary it is to know that those things can pass as seamlessly as he did really says what a threat those parasites are to us. Almost as bad as the changelings if not worse. the head nurse answered before shaking her head.

"A few of us got together after he had been contained and thought about it, wondering if there were any signs that we missed but we couldn't come up with anything. To think he could probably could have done away with any of us if he wanted and easily explained it away, an accident here. The right combination of drugs there and from somebody we worked with, trusted, considered a friend. I have wondered how many times I was dealing with the real Nicander and how many times I was dealing with that...thing inside him...especially considering he's had it the entire time I've known him. Makes me wonder if I've ever met the real Nicander or if I've only ever known the parasite."

The Risian was pulled out of her musings when she caught Ida stepping out from behind the canvas to take a look at her while mixing colours on her palette and smiled at the woman softly, letting her eyes fall over her naked body and enjoying the view. "I've thought about going down to the brig and seeing him, face the enemy head on and all that. Ask him those things I just mentioned but at the same time I can't help but feel a brash of anger and betrayal and...well fear I guess and maybe it's better if I just forget about it and focus on work and other things. I don't know." she said with a shrug.

"What would you do? If you wasn't a security officer I mean, since now it would be your job to do so obviously....but if you wasn't and were in my shoes, would you go and see him?" she added with a follow up question, curious as to what the Andorian would do in her shoes.

Reply #16
[Show/Hide]
The answer in regard to Nicander was both what Ida had expected and not, in how there was both a level of understanding towards the need to face something - or someone - after such a revelation, and yet also the merit in focusing on what was important. That she was asked what she would do if in Jovela's shoes came as a surprise, however, and Ida had to give it some thought while she mixed the colour on her palette - standing just inside the spotlight that shone down unto Jovela.

"If it was all the parasite's doing, these years, the just thing would be to cast judgement on the parasite alone, and not conflate my opinions about what's happened and what has been done... with an unwilling host." She said this with a sigh, since she knew it wasn't easy to separate things when it came to such betrayal of trust. "That would be the right thing to do. How readily I might do so is another question entirely. I simply don't know."

What she was reluctant to bring up, of course, that if Drauc T'Laus could be forgiven for what he did - something Jovela had no issues with - then how could one condemn someone that wasn't entirely himself when he committed all those atrocities?

"Nicander has, if reports are to be believed, done a lot of things. Whilst keeping us all ignorant, he's killed and undermined the mission, even as he's been saving lives to keep up a facade. Looking at what the Doctor has done under parasitic influence... is a strange offset towards what he's done after Starbase 84. If anything, if he's not playing us all for fools, he ought to be blamed for not telling anyone what he had inside him after the parasite was - allegedly - suppressed in its influence over him."

Stepping back behind her easel with a frown on her brow, she began to paint whilst she spoke. "By Lor'Vela, I suppose it boils down to whether or not one believes him now, when he says he is himself again, of if you think he still plays some elaborate game to keep us in the dark about his true intentions. Do we yield to caution, or paranoia, when we judge him? I don't know. Do we begrudge him for fearing for his life if he told us he was infested after Starbase 84, or not? I do know plenty of crewmembers who might forget themselves and attack him if he'd come forward with the truth at that time, but is that enough to forgive him for being silent, and do we deny him his motivation to help the crew with his research, not wishing that he'd remained free to do so? Has the research he'd made since then been worth it?"

Ida shook her head. "Regardless how you look through the ice, the image of what happened remains distorted. Was it hubris that made him remain silent up until his injury let the parasite take over, that morning when you fought him in sickbay?" She tilted her head, making sure to get the angle of her brush strokes right. "Perhaps... that's where I land in his regard. He's guilty of endangering the crew when he could have come forth, even if I understand why he feared for his life. Would he have been able to do the research he did into his own condition if in a holding cell? Where would we stand in the mission's development without it?"

Her frown lessening, Ida hated to speculate in what-ifs. "I do know he saved the Sword by giving the bridge the shield harmonics of the IKS Negh'var, and he told everyone about the Omega Device, and how it could stop the Borg invasion. That's something oft forgotten, even if one act of heroism - even two - doesn't mean he's less guilty for remaining silent. It's just an indicator, I think, that he might be telling the truth about his sanity. That he is, actually, himself again, and therefore not guilty of anything he did under parasitic influence."

Dire topic, and not to Ida's liking. She smiled and stepped out from behind her easel, and crouched down before Jovela. As she tilted her head in her close-up study of the woman, her white hair spilled over her shoulder, and she reached forth to run her fingers through Jovela's dark hair. "Now lean back your head a little bit... Just so."

Mind wandering, she brushed her thumb across the Head Nurse's lips.

In retrospect, she knew not who initiated the kiss, but one thing did lead to another, and the painting remained unfinished in the morning.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder