Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1435 hrs] When Trolls Dance, Vulcans Growl
Last post by EnigmaTales -
[ Lt. JG V'lana | Sickbay Lobby  | D. 21 | V. 2 ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz  

"I think I can clear my own schedule to accommodate.", V'lana mused. She had been grabbing every shift available - yes, against the medical advise to take it easy - and didn't really have any other plans other than sit in her quarters and look at the not-very-interesting wall. Which sounded bad, but was essentially just what V'lana had always done after depleting her social batteries either in the company of friends or patients. That, and reading badly written novels.

"Those things are not bad to vent.", she grinned at the remark on the journal idea. "Just make sure no one ever finds it, or you earn yourself mandatory counselling for the next ten years. But usually, your brain is pretty good at filtering out what matters. Even chewing too loudly might be an indication of what is going on. Vulcans have a keen sense of smell and better hearing than Bajorans, so that, too, could be the cause of your headaches. I suppose I just want to exclude the minor stuff in case it's a relatively easy fix."

She closed down the console, sending a follow-up appointment to his personal calendar.

"Is there anything else I can do for you? Reasonable requests only, please. Oh, and can you recommend a counsellor? Apparently I have to meet with one, and I need someone who won't judge me for putting it off as far as I already have."

Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 17 [2200 hrs.] Aftermath's Embrace
Last post by EnigmaTales -
[Lieutenant J.G. V'lana | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay| Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Dumedion

V'lana had not the slightest idea what a Fluffernutter sandwich was, nor was she entirely sure what the main ingredients - Peanut butter und marshmallow fluff - were. But she knew bread, so there was that.

"I think I would like to try it.", she nodded at Arven's offer, and then considered his question. "No physical differences, no. The lights are still always too bright, the sound still always a little too loud. I have come to terms with that never truly going away. Starfleet in general is very accommodating, but when you have so many different species and personal preferences, it's not reasonable to expect everyone is entirely happy. What do they say? Compromise is when the one person wants one thing, and the other person the other - and they agree on a third thing that makes both equally unhappy?"

She finished her order, placing the menu to the side.

"But enough work today. I will come by tomorrow and bug you with ever single question I have. I promise."

Right now, however, she very much wanted to stop being the "stasis-person" and concentrate on being herself, and figuring out how she fit into the story that had unfolded.

FIN

Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH2: S [Day1|1900hrs] Show us what you got!
Last post by Krajin -
[ Dominic Winters | Holodeck 3 | Vector 2 | Deck 21 | The Ranger ATTN: @Dumedion @Pierce

The big guy was starting to get just a tiny, itty bitty bit annoyed by the two women, though it was more leaning to in part his own pride, experience and understanding that they seemed to assume he had no idea what they were going through. He did know, he was briefed and understood the life-and-death situation they were all in. “I do not need a realistic life-or-death-scenario. I have been briefed on your situation before I took the assignment.” Dominic responded to Goldeneye as she explained the situation. He was about to say something further when he watched Goldie start skipping around the place like she was missing a few fries from that happy meal there.

He did his best attempt at a smile that Humans would recognize. “A little.” At the response to the challenge. “I do appreciate the chance for the flight pattern to get a feel of the ship in its basic form. I don’t mind flying a ship raw with no experience and have done it. But this deployment requires that trial run at least.” He added. Tail tip slowly started to twitch as he relaxed some.

Dominic looked over to Shadow and tilted his head slightly when she spoke her piece. “Firstly, ego has no play here. However I do have some play here, as I am learning to fly and operate a craft in eight hours and be able to trust I can perform at expectation and support my wingmates confidently.” He responded with a touch of sharpness in his tone.

Walking over to the Valkyries with her, Dominic looked at the one he had generated with the altered specifications and walked over to it. “I do appreciate what you are trying to do, understand that. But a few laps will be very beneficial for me, otherwise you’re going to watch holo-paint peel with my frustration when I am trying to figure out aspects of the craft midflight and getting vaped.” There were other reasons to it, the Dominion war was not something Dominic enjoyed reliving in any form and this mission being picked sported stark similarities to missions he had undertaken which were of similar suicidal danger.

He started walking down the side of his ship, running a gauntlet-covered hand down its hull. He understood it wasn’t real in any form here beyond photons and forcefields. But there’s always a certain magic to being introduced to a new ship and learning to fly it. “Every ship is different, each has a personality in its quirks.” There’s a possibility that Dominic might be an aerophile or astrophile in some form. Boys and their toys right?

“Unless the weapons have changed drastically my qualifications for the majority, bar the fancy tetryon cannon should still stand. That is a different story.” He added as he removed the helmet from under his arm and stuck it on and began to climb into the cockpit. He appreciated the explanation of how the ship’s systems worked and functioned, a little bit like a salesman in approach but otherwise a lot better than the manual.

“Is there anything about the system I need to be wary of, bugs, glitches, quirks and things not to do?” He asked, looking to Shadow as he settled into the cockpit. Bringing up on the right-arm PADD the pre-flight checks he had noted down, Dominic did a check out of sheer habit for everything else inside the cockpit that is meant to be there.

Phaser Rifle, Medkit, Rations, knife, Water, shelter. Standard kit. There’s a ritual to it that he had inherited from flying the Peregrines and always needing to make sure everything is present. Even in a Holodeck where it would be likely to an almost certainty that it would be there.

“I like being hands-on, it’s how I learn better. Alrighty. Let's start walking through it and get the first go around finished.” Forearm PADD up and reading with her the steps on this. Dominic is a fairly quick study at least and knows his way around enough that he is figuring things out.
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 09 [15:30 hrs,] Once Upon the Island
Last post by P.C. Haring -
[ Lt. Cmdr. Hathev | Pirate vessel qu'DuHSum | BIQ'a'bIng Ocean | Unnamed Island | Qo’Nos] Attn: @Ellen Fitz‍ 

Hathev found herself in the rare position of being caught off guard when Cross took her and kissed her.  She felt the sense of being dipped and the even more welcome sensation of his strong arms supporting her.  Despite the danger she almost…purred…under his touch before he fell on top of her, when the Klingons opened fire over the rail.

“We survive this,” he whispered at her, “and I’m going to fuck you.”

He pulled away from her but she grabbed him and pulled him back on top of her.  “We survive this, and I’m going to hold you to that.”

As he scrambled away, they fired at him.  Their shots had no chance of finding their target given the angle, but it did provide Hathev the opportunity to make crawl to the deck gun and pull herself into position.

The weapon was as old as the rest of the ship, but it’s age also made it a bit easier to figure out.  Throwing the switch, Hathev heard the weapon hum to life.  The hand controls were somewhat intuitive, a logical design choice given the intended usage.  Even so, they took a little finessing before the turret responded as she desired.

One of the Klingons on shore took notice of the movement on the deck and turned, his disruptor raised.  Hathev squeezed the trigger, opening fire the first round missed, exploding on the beach, but Hathev kept the trigger depressed while she adjusted the aim and before the fifth round fired, the first Klingon exploded.

She continued firing, strafing the beach line as her targets either fell under her fire, or retreated back inland.  Vengeance, she knew was illogical but she also had no desire to allow them to regroup so she continued her assault, using the deck gun to chase her would be attackers back.  Only then did she cease her attack, all the while keeping the weapon trained on the path they had used.  Occasionally she fired another volley to discourage anyone from trying to charge again.  She had them well pinned, but even so she continued to watch the entire shoreline to make sure they did not try to circle back around and hit her from a different angle.

All she needed to do now was make sure no one else tried to advance and wait for Cross to get the engines on line so they could get the hell out.
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 17 [0845 hrs.] (R)idiculous (I)nconvenient (O)rnament
Last post by P.C. Haring -
[ Lt Reggie “Gemini” Suder | Wolf-13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @rae‍ 

For a moment Reggie was back there; back at Tac-CONN Omega, watching the engines of her student’s training craft; burning from the damage they had sustained from Reggie’s own friendly fire, fire she had delivered to save her other students from a pilot who had lost his grip on reality and suffered a psychotic break.  His craft careened out of control, away from her students and straight into…

Her attack killed so many more than she was trying to save.

She heard Janus in her com his words slowly pulling her back to the moment and giving her the needed leverage to push that disaster down and she, not for the first time, wondered what it would take to make peace with that incident and be able to move on.

“…you asshole’ speech you’re cooking right now, it is helpful to watch you do a combat…”

The Betazoid’s mind locked in when he called her an asshole, only for her to realize he wasn’t actually calling her one.  He wanted to see her perform.  Oh she would perform.  She would kick his ass.  Maybe then, she might be able to put it out of her mind for a bit.

“Hold on to your neck ridges, Janus.”

She triggered another TVD simulation and watched as three holographic target bouys appeared to launch from Theurgy

“Engaging.”

She cut to starboard  and fell in behind the formation of targets.  Her target locked immediately she pulled the trigger on the phasers.  Her shot hit home and the number three target disappeared.

Predictably the remaining two split off, one arcing to port, the other to starboard.  Tactically her best option was to stay on the target which required the least amount of course correction to pursue.  Instead, she cut hard to port a harsh, sharp maneuver that might have been ill advised, but did well to show off just how sharply the Valravn could maneuver.

She executed a wingover roll as she maneuvered, and settled into position, the nose of Wolf-13 gently leading the target before she launched a simulated torpedo.  Target 2 cut hard to port as expected, but Reggie was already there, her phaser beams cutting through the simulated engines.

Target 2 disappeared.

The engagement only lasted a handful of second, but in breaking for Target 2, Reggie had left herself open for Target 1 to swing around and settle in behind her.  She did not need to check her sensors, nor did she need telepathic contact with her Rio or the enemy pilot.

Without a wingman in the sky with her, it would take more to lose the target.  She cut hard towards Theurgy, weaving between the nacelles before cutting hard under the ventral hull.  The maneuver opened enough of a gap and she fired the RCS, flipping her ship in a hard 180 and opened fire, wiping Target 3 from the simulation.

She flipped Wolf-13 around again, resuming a ‘forward’ direction along her current course vector.

“What do you think, Janus?”
Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: An Assassin in Agra Fort
Last post by Dree -
Ens. Sashenka Kreshkova | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08| Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz  @RyeTanker @Dumedion  @anyone

Sasch sat between her ‘parents’ on a square cushion behind a low table.  A servant brought her a large chalice filled with a smoking burgundy liquid.  Because it was smoking, she thought that it would warm her, but it was an incredibly refreshing drink.  ‘Maybe it works on a similar principle as dry ice - without being dangerous to ingest,’ she thought.  She watched the vapors as they ascended and dissipated into nothingness.  The way the steam gamboled around was almost hypnotizing. 

Her father clapped once again, and servants scrambled out of many different entrances with platters of food.  The royal family was served first.  Her ‘father’ then her ‘mother’ then the woman who Sasch guessed was the second wife.  But only seconds later, a large plate of sumptuous meats, cheeses, nuts, fruits, and cooked vegetables was set in front of her.  The smells were tantalizing.  How the holodeck was able to make all of the different elements not only look and feel real, but smell and taste real as well still boggled the Wolf’s mind. 

She indulged in the meal, despite the fact that she knew it wasn’t real.  Like everyone else, she used her fingers whether she was eating the meats, cheeses or cooked vegetables.  The flavors and sumptuous juice of the means or fruits burst into her mouth and filled it with textures and flavors and spices and scents.  When she dropped, a small reddish potato into her mouth the juice from the sauce that covered it, dripped down her fingers.  

She quickly grabbed her napkin and wiped away the liquid.  But after she cleaned away the mess, her eyes swept across the room and alighted on a scantily-clad buxom Andorian.  She quirked her head as she tried to decide if she had seen her on the Theurgy in passing.  The Zhen looked slightly familiar, but she couldn’t quite place her.  ‘Besides,’ she told herself, ‘I have to figure out to she had to kill my father in a way that would go unnoticed.’ 

This time she returned to the refreshing drink while her eyes flitted here and there across the room for something or someone she might be able to use in her quest. 

It was then that a pompous, burly man strutted in with an entourage of people and even creatures.  It was the stallions that especially caught her attention.  They were such majestic creatures and high stepped into the room in sync.  It was all that Sasch could do to keep her seat instead of heading down to pet the steeds.

But as she popped another piece of cheese into her mouth, the man announced, “Thank you for allowing me to grace your presence. I have come from very far on behalf of my Emir to offer these humble gifts as a token of your esteem.

To which her father replied, “Come.  Sit and enjoy the show….We just had a wonderful demonstration from the girl of a most entertaining dance.  We must have another performance.  Perhaps something with more life in it.” 

Sasch wanted to stick her tongue out at her ‘father.’  ‘I know, so mature,’ she thought.  With a sigh, she extricated herself from her seat as the man-bearing gifts ousted her from her seat.  At least she had already eaten, but she took her cup and a few apple slices with her and made a face at both men behind their backs as she walked away. 

But as she did, a thought struck her.  She was just a character in this program.  ‘Maybe my character would know about horses and how to work with them and dance with them.'   She tossed back the rest of her drink and deposited it on a tray for that purpose.  Sasch jogged over to one of the horses.  She approached it slowly.  The horse pawed at the ground and shook its mane.  With hand extended and holding one of the apple slices in her fingers, she inched her way closer and closer.  The horse lowered its nose to smell the apple slide.  Sasch offered it to him.  He took it and chomped on it.  Sasch fed him three more slices before she tried to pet him.  He did whinny, but as she ran her hand down his mane, he whinnied contentedly. 

Sasch held onto his bridle and led him back out into the middle of the room.   She faced her ‘father’ and holding the bridle out, she waited for him to nod that she may begin.  Once he nodded, she looked over at the musicians and they started their music.  She started by leading the horse in a circle around the middle of the room.  After which she mounted and rode the horse around twice in a circle.  Holding onto the saddle horn, she swung herself over one side of the horse so that her feet were just out of reach of the floor.  Then she lowered herself so that she could run for several more steps before using the saddle horn and a jump to help her swing over the other side of the steed.

She continued the spectacle for almost five minutes before she dismounted and she and the horse walked forward together.  Both bowed to her ‘father’ before standing back up to another rousing round of applause.  She patted the horse’s neck and led it over to the side of the room before she grabbed another of the smoking drinks and began sipping on it.  She found a quiet corner to hole herself up, drink the liquid in her cup, and consider how to assassinate her 'father'.
Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: Theurgy: What If...? Below Decks Lounge
Last post by Dree -
Lt Reika Sh’laan | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy| attn: @RyeTanker @AbsintheDeux  @Dumedion @Juzzie

Azure eyes noticed the shift in emotions and thoughts that flashed across Zark’s face, as the lanky Andorian gently touched the Medico’s face.  And the way that she drew her ponytail over her shoulder - there was something provocative in it.
And then the story of this movie and how it played into Zark’s own style of fighting.  Reika tried to picture this manner of fighting - just as much of a dance as it was a fight.  It certainly would be enjoyable and intriguing to get a chance to see the buxom Andorian fight using that technique.

Would I like to stop by and see?”  Reika’s laugh was light.  “Of course, I’d love to get a chance to watch.”  The Shen pulled her plaited hair over her shoulder. It fell to just above her bust and stood out starkly against her blue skin and her red top.  Sh’laan stepped away from the bar that she had been reclining against and took a slight step closer to the Zhen as she continued, “but I want to see that movie first so I have something to compare your method to it.  I’d love to see the woman who gave Ida a run for her money and dealt out as much as she took.  So are you in tactical on Theurgy?” 

You learned fighting because of your Zhavey.  Interestingly enough, so did I.  But for me, I grew up an angry kid.  A lot of the reason was because there was a lot of turmoil in our home growing up.  My parents weren’t always on the same page when I was younger.”  Reika half laughed half scoffed.  “I was kicked out three schools for fighting by the time I was 14.  But my Zhavey - an incredibly intuitive zhen - realized what was causing my frustration.  So she got me into Xi’fo’ral - so I would learn to defend myself without hurting the person attacking me.  But it also taught me self-discipline and how to calm myself down.  But interestingly it was that training that got me ready to become a tactical officer.”  Reika picked up her mug of ale once again and took another pull of the blue liquid.

Before Xenia could bring the Ale, the shen offered her mug to the Zhen.  “Need to quench your thirst?  I’m happy to help.”  Her mouth split into a wide grin and her tongue added to the smile as it pressed against her top teeth.

Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1533 hrs] Il Dolce Suono mi Colpì di Sua Voce
Last post by joshs1000 -
[CPO Avandar Lok | Maintenance Bay 2 | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Krajin
[Show/Hide]

The places that Atlas mentioned, Lok was not familiar with, well he knew about the pilots’ lounge area, but kind of figured that was off limits to the knuckle draggers like him. The offer to possibly even come to the other Kzin’s quarters did perk Lok’s interest, not to mention his own nervousness, but considering the hour that was mentioned, he was unsure if any of these places would work out for the evening. It just all depended on how tired Lok was he guessed.

“Alright well I’ll uh…I’ll see what I can do”, he said kind of quietly with a bashful smile.

With a pat on his shoulder and a couple of parting words, some filled with a bit too much innuendo, Atlas left to attend to his own duties. Lok smiled to himself, mulling over the possibility of what could be in store for him later. Excitement at the prospect of perhaps some sort of intimacy but nervous as well because of who that could possibly be with. Luckily he had his work to keep him occupied until such time.

With a crack of  his knuckles, Lok returned to the group of mechanics, busily refurbishing the warp core for the Kzin Lieutenant’s spacecraft. His mind going through its mental checklist as his eyes scanned over the disassembled components lying about on work benches and pallets. His eye was drawn to the magnetic constrictors that ran the length of the injection channels, quite small to what one would see on a ship but functioned the same; he noted several appeared to be a little warped and discolored. Hm, must be getting overheated, he mentally inferred. The damage was relatively small, but had implications elsewhere.

“Hey guys”, he said to c a couple of mechanics disassembling the final components from the reaction chamber so it could be resurfaced, “can one of you grab the diagnostic kit and put all the components for the coolant system on a free pallet, I have a feeling it’s not dissipating the heat properly.” He started to walk away then added, “oh and get somebody to pull the heat exchangers from the fighter.”

With that he got back to work, the thoughts of what might come later dancing around at the back of his mind.

FIN
Parallel Universes - "What if?" / Re: An Assassin in Agra Fort
Last post by RyeTanker -
[Lieutenant JG XamotZark zh’Ptrell | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08| Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] @Ellen Fitz @Dree

The ethereal blue beauty walked in, eyes twinkling, and the translucent veil that covered her mouth barely did much to prevent anyone from seeing the grin that was plastered onto her face.  If she had actually lived in such a setting and been a member of the domestic staff, she might have felt differently.  At the moment though, Zark was 'playing' a domestic, and it was just that, so she could gawk at the rich imagination that had come up with the simulation. Not that she really did gawk since that would have been out of character. She carried the tray of finger foods and rose tea around, she gracefully bent down next to a cushioned onlooker as they watched the cute green haired woman dance to the beat. The hair was an immediate give away that she was another participant, much like her blue skin and antenna were.  It was all part of the fun, part of the act, and she revelled in it.  A programmed courtier cast an appreciative gaze over the female figure in front of him that brought some finger foods.  What wasn't to appreciate though, and privatley, the outfit thrilled Zark.  It was meant to show her off, and she like it.  Everything from the golden bra and panties, to the sheer skirt, veil and head dress; it screamed a superficial attempt to cover up someone without really trying.

She was nothing more than mere furniture in this play and it gave her a chance to watch the crowd. Passing behind several others, blue hands gently waved a fan at the food and someone would turn and raise a hand to signal they wanted something.  Some times, it took a little longer to get their request right, but that was becuase the woman in the middle was doing a very good job of distracting everyone, and Zark had to admit, to herself, doing an amazing job of making herself the centre of attention.

Blue green eyes looked around once more and someone on one of the guests stood out and she slowed her pace as she stared at the man for a moment, then her grin got wider and pulled to display a couple of teeth. "Well, well, well Mr. Cross, that are you doing here? I sense mischief about with our intrepid Commander and the girl who's hair stands out."  She whispered to herself as she made her way around. When she got to him, Zark smiled brilliantly and bent over so he could take full advantage of viewing her figure. The Andorian demurely turned her attention back to quietly laying out tea and food.  The wife gazed over in her direction and motioned for the servant to come over and Zark got onto her feet and practiaclly glided her way over as the woman with green hair was summoned over and shown where to sit.  Maybe the Sultan wanted the pleasure of her company, maybe he wanted to spite his wife by having the attractive dancer near him. Only the various lines of code running the program knew what was going on.  Zark quickly and gracefully knelt in front of the wife on the steps below the dias and poured the rose tea before placing several food items on a plate for the wife to eat.

She stopped what she was doing when horns suddenly blared out a greeting march and the grand doors opened letting in a white and green clothed chamberlain. "Your royal highness, Ambassador Quarim, Lord of the Horse, High Holder of the Sacred Chalice, Commander of the Palm Order...."  Zark was prepared to go cross eyed as the number of titles the new visitor had went on for a solid three minutes before it ended with "... from the Emirate of Qumran seeks and audience to pay homage and tribute to your Greatness."

The Sultan nodded and waved the visitor and his party in.  Another triumphal march began and the Andorian's eyes lit up in utter amusement as a tall burly bearded man wearing gaily coloured pantaloons, vest, ornate turban, and a comically large sword walked in.

[Lieutenant Commander Frank Arnold ]

He'd stopped fidgeting as soon as the door opened and his face was stern as he walked in. He'd been more nervous when he'd learned of the absurd number of titles his character had, and how much responsibility it was supposed to entail.  Still, it was all on the holodeck and just for fun, so he had a confident strut as he approached and his eyes twinkle as he saw the blue skinned hellion kneeling next to the wife in a manner more subservient than he though she was capable of, but dressed as expected in next to nothing that left damn little to the imagination.

Stopping at a pre-arranged spot, the music ceased and he and bowed deeply. "Your highness.." Frank's deep voice intoned. "Thank you for allowing me to grace your presence.
I have come from very far on behalf of my Emir to offer you these humble gifts as a token of your esteem."
  Frank stepped aside and indicated towards the door as music took on a calmer tone to accompany the various servents bringing in trays of fruits, delicacies, wines, art, a pair of black stallions, and even a jaguar. The Sultan nodded in gratitude and invited Frank to sit next to him, incidentally bumping the dancer from her spot. "Come sit, and enjoy the show.  Fetch this man drink and food so he may enjoy the show."  As Frank moved to sit himself on the lavish cushions, he nodded to the dancer and gave her a friendly grin before turning his attention back to th Sultan. "We just had a wonderful demonstration from the girl of a most entertaining dance." The Sultan then looked at Ensign Kreshkova.  "We must have another performance, perhaps something with more life in it." He told her in a politely toned order.
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 6 [ 1710hrs. ] If He Only Had a Brain
Last post by Juzzie -
{Rhys Williams | Counselling Offices| Deck 09 | USS Theurgy] attn: @Ellen Fitz

Rhys had sat and listened to the older man speak. There was a lot he revealed in those moments together. It seemed to the young Welshman that at various times Hirek forgot himself and his previous reserve. He gave straight forward answers about his wants and desires from the basics about drinking, sex, problem serving to the broader desires for his people. It occurred to Rhys that Hirek had come to realise it in himself. While the Romulan remained friendly, and jovial the drawbridge had gone up. His demeanour radically changed.

It had begun with his mention of Tal Shiar and Rhys wondered if the upcoming trials and tribulations were the reason for that. As he moved towards the door and Hirek thanked him for their time together, Rhys felt it. Dread. At first a feeling like looking over a cliff edge his stomach seeming to drop, then the sensation of hot pressure behind his eyes and cold air over his skin.

The thought echoing in his head was. “Again, alone again.” Then the inevitable came, the polite almost casual suggestion that he decompress on his own. He knew it was absurd, he knew that he barely knew and probably ought not to trust this guy. He knew that this was the result of something in Hirek rather than something in himself, but that didn’t change the pain of that feeling. It was as if the Romulan had stamped his forehead with the word ‘rejected’.

There was anger to. Many people struggled to imagine Rhys getting angry but that was because it was nearly always directed inwards. It flooded him drenching the Valleys of his mind it fuelled the part of him that hated himself and inspired its exquisite tortures. Some of it was directed at Hirek but that subsided quickly and wormed back into his mind. Rhys simply remained where he had been left looking up at Hirek like the most pathetic kicked puppy in the world.

“I suppose you are right.” He said his voice keeping unnaturally steady. “Well... Welcome aboard.” He said with a formal stiffness and a smile that did not reach his eyes.

He waited for Hirek to leave. He began to count softly to himself. Once he had reached the appropriate number his fist collided with a bulkhead. His hand made a sickening crunch and physical pain blunted the anger a little. “So pathetic.” He growled.

-FIN-
Simple Audio Video Embedder