Skip to main content
Topic: Plot Discussion | EP05 P2 CH02 Vantage Points (Read 20753 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 CH04 Charades

Reply #25
Ducote almost abandoned his duty once for Blue. Getting picked up by the Theurgy likely means his career is over anyway. But warning about the Borg and committing genocide rescuing Blue are not mutually exclusive. Launch a warp-speed communication probe for one and an assault for the other.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #27
R'Rori would want to do whatever s/he could to avoid another Battle of Wolf 359. Every battle that the Federation has with the Borg has been costly and the Dominion War is still so very recent, as well.

Kino just wants to make pretty explosions.

Reply #28
Just a little something: I hope it won't be a little early, but I had the idea of Rawley, on her way to the Fighter Bay to reunite with the Wolves, maybe as soon as she's discharged, she goes to the brig to see Nicander. I mean, sooner or later, she's bound to find that out. I figure Rawley would show up and chew him out for being "the backstabbing git who's pulled the strings all along." And she'd finish with a threat: In a nutshell, if he tries to escape, to warn his superiors, the minute she finds out about it, she'll be there; "You won't always have the lads in yellow and all these laser emitters to protect you, Nicander. When that day comes, I suggest you watch your arse, 'cause I'll emptying all my ordinance in it!"

Reply #29
@patches Kino making pretty explosions. I can imagine that.

Reply #30
Progress posted in Charades! :)

USS Niger Arrival

The Brig Scene

Keep in mind that 7 days response time begins after Nolan or Top Hat has posted in this thread!

As for Rawley being allowed to visit the Brig, it might not be any opening for that right away, but eventually, perhaps, depending on the development in the current scene. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #31
Of course. Depending on the development of the current scene. Gotcha.

Reply #33
Is the squadron reorganization going to be done off camera or is that something that's going to happen on late-day 3 or on day 4?
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #34
@Nolan well, a one on one with Ravon and Rawley would be inevitable. Considering she'll eventually find out who was really responsible, it's likely she'll forgive Ravon and Maya. It's entirely up to the boss.

Reply #35
Ravon is currently standing in front of a runabout in the charge of an angry and desperate hybrid...
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #36

Of course, we shouldn't gloss over the Doctor Nicander problem.  I'd like to have Maya volunteer for dealing with that troublesome patient, for to my knowledge she is the only one aboard who has mind touched one of the parasites and lived to tell the tale and has the best chance to have some idea of what she is dealing with.

I'm withdrawing the entire concept of Maya taking the lead with the Nicander situation.  Amelya Duv pardon me, Rez, with her simbiont is a better symbolic hero to Nicander's villain.  Both are possessed, both are physicians, both have voices in their heads that make them dangerously clever and cleverly dangerous.  From a thematic viewpoint Amelya Rez and Lucan Nicander being archfoes is a no brainer.  Nicander even performed the operation that turned Amelya Duv into Amelya Rez!  Maya is a resource should anyone working on the Nicander/Parasite problem wish to consult her, but otherwise she's going to butt out.  Vulcan characters shine their brightest in the Spock position, not the Kirk, and its time that Maya keeps quiet and fades into the background to take a supporting role before she finds herself alone in the room with a possessed serial killer.  The CMO is crazier than a bag full of cats!

Reply #37
Quote from: Doc M.
The CMO is crazier than a bag full of cats!
(laugh)
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #38
@Doc M. That would work fittingly. Maya around Nicander probably wouldn't work well in that she wouldn't go near the scumbag who violated her, even if she was a Vulcan.

And I imagine the CMO would be crazier than a bag full of kittens; I concur. Then again, with the motivations and the faceclaim, @Auctor Lucan has come up with an excellent villain, and the face claim would indicate Ian Somerhalder would make an excellent villain, notwithstanding the Vampire Diaries fan support. I see a coolly, calculated villain from the Nicander threads, and I hope this keeps up. :)

Reply #39
Bag full of kittens? More like a bag full of rabid weasels on crystal meth...

Reply #41
Are Amelya and Maya still in the Security Centre when the officers from the Endeavour are beamed to their cells?    @Patches' post give me the impression that some time has passed.

Reply #42
The post takes place right after they're beamed to the temporary holding cell, which is supposed to be maybe a few minutes after the acting bridge commander gives the order to energise, giving time for the transporters to filter out everything and for some anonymous bridge officer to quickly brief her (and Cinn) on the issue. Kino is welcoming them while Nicander is still being interrogated. What in my post has given the impression some time has passed?

Reply #46
Patches has it correctly, and no worries, Doc! I get confused about the development sometimes too, and I am supposed to know best. :)
We're doomed...

Almost as bad as asking your helmsman where the ship currently is and he tells you he has no idea :P

Reply #47
@Doc M. the Endeavour crew are in a temporary holding cell that’s across the centre from where Maya is

Reply #48
Well, Ducote is one tough audience... something tells me he needs to see one of the parasite-affected hosts for himself, the shot-to-shit-and-should-be-deader-than-last-week's-fish Nicander...

So I guess there WAS a reason he wasn't turned to a greasy stain just yet...

Reply #49
After some brainstorming with @Auctor Lucan, we've come up with a contraption that could give us some more time to add supplemental threads before we reach the finale for Charades.

The idea: Whilst the scans are made to find the Borg warp trail, evidence of the Niger is processed and presented in a senior staff meeting (together with Endeavour officers?) about 5-6 hours post arrival of Niger. The question or debate could be about whether or not to follow the trail if found.

However as time runs out to move on to the next RV with the other vectors the trail is found and the crew now faces the problem that they have a solid warp trail to follow or should they (try to) meet up with the other vectors and share the problem there?

Additionally this also gives most of us the time to write additional supplemental threads after Charades.

Simple Audio Video Embedder