Skip to main content
Topic: EPISODE 02: The Mysterious God Incident [Marija/Scosche] (Read 4666 times) previous topic - next topic

EPISODE 02: The Mysterious God Incident [Marija/Scosche]

Thread reserved for Incident 001 between Marija Ferik and Scosche Bellde'side

Re: USS Theurgy Log: The Mysterious God Incident (Marija/Scosche)

Reply #1
Of all of the duties she had expected to come her way after the ship's alienation, the last she expected was training a new cadet. Yet here she was, running over their new arrival's information once more as she sat behind her desk, legs folded and body relaxed. One hand stayed occupied with a cup of black tea, though eyes stayed riveted on the PADD the entire time. It was hard to believe they had a stowaway in the first place, but for it to end up being such a famous man was all the more surprising.

Soon the chime of a guest at her door pulled her from the files. The woman stood, making sure to tuck and pull her uniform to a crisp fit before folding her hands behind her back, "Come in."

Upon his entry she would take her time to look him over from head to toe, pleased to see his seclusion hadn't left him out of shape, her mind already calculating how far ahead she would be able to advance the physical part of the training. But all the while an awkward silence grew between them until she finally chose to speak, "It is a pleasure to meet you in person Mr. Bellde'side, despite the awkward circumstances in which this has come to take place." She moved from behind the desk, coming to stand in front of him, "I am Ensign Ferik and despite my admiration for your skills, I will be giving you no sort of special treatment. We are in a delicate situation. Every day we are on the brink of danger and one mistake could mean the lives of good crewman and with that in mind, I will demand perfection Mr. Bellde'side. Do we understand each other?"

((OOC: Going by what Lucan suggested in the summary, I went ahead and responded to the post you sent me by e-mail here and just kind of mashed the e-mail rp and this one together. I hope that's all right with you.))

Reply #2
As he stood there watching her, he did his best not to fidget, a habit he'd fought against under all his coaches.  He considered himself lucky that it was one of his few bad habits.  He could always bite his nails, a practice he'd never understood; it wasn't as though they tasted good.  His eyes remained on hers, even as she took in his measure, knowing there was likely to be little he could do to change her initial opinion, at least for a while.  While he'd personally been against joining Security, the fact was he was best suited for it, given his bodily flexibility and stamina, much of which he was regaining with Skye's help.  He felt better now than he had in months, though he was nowhere near where he'd been before being trapped aboard.

When she rose and spoke, he did his best not to smile.  If he did, he was pretty sure she'd wipe the floor with him, given who and what she was, though it wasn't the difference in heights that he found amusing.  The truth was, she sounded much like every Olympic trainer he'd ever had, and just a bit like his manager and mother.  Perfection was nothing he'd ever truly aspired to personally, but had been pushed to until it became instinctive.  It showed in his multiple gold medals.

His eyes looked down at her from nearly a foot higher and he nodded, "Yes, Ensign Ferik.  Is that what I should call you?  Ensign?  Sir?  Ma'am?  I'm not used to the protocols... or any protocols for Starfleet, other than what I'm sure is exaggerated on the holos."

Reply #3
OOC: It's fine, but I'll have to try and find my post so I can edit the first post in our thread to include it.

Reply #4
"You may call me sir, but you'll find that changes per superior. However, 'sir' or 'ma'am' are generally safe options." She moved to the side of her desk, bending over and pivoting the screen upon it toward her to type in some commands. "I will be sending a number of data files to your quarters. I suggest you study them religiously as most deal with the protocols you'll need to know along with studies that I will be testing you on at a later date."

As she stood straight again, her hands resumed their position behind her back, "Before you begin diving into the mental part, however, I plan to start you on the physical. I take it since you were sent here you have been through your medicl exam? Are you ready to begin training?"

((OOC: I can re-send the first post if you need, I think I still have it in my e-mail.))

Re: EPISODE 02: The Mysterious God Incident [Marija/Scosche]

Reply #5
"Sir, then," Scosche answered with a nod, glad to get something straight out of this crooked day.  He'd been assigned to Security for reasons he didn't understand, a position he had never wanted and certainly wouldn't have chosen... then again, he had, in a way.  He'd asked to be given something to do, something that didn't involve sitting in that blasted brig for one more solitary day.  It was almost as bad as being stuck in that cargo hold, except at the end of it, he at least got a visit from Skye.  Now, though, he could feel the pain radiating off of this woman before him, as she mentioned being physical, knowing he would likely have many bruises before it was all said and done.  Not that that was anything new, he'd gone to bed plenty of nights with bruises from one fall or another throughout his strenuous regime.  Most of the time, though, they were self-inflicted and he highly doubted she'd leave it up to him as to where the bruises fell.

Matching her posture, or trying to, he was glad she'd stood up.  Her bent over the desk was certainly an attractive posture for her, the pants of her uniform growing taut against her obviously well-taken care of buttocks.  Then again, standing up straight only highlighted her other firm assets and he was glad his mother had taught him to be a gentleman, his gaze lingering on her chest for the briefest of moments before meeting her eyes.  He nodded, "I... well, I'm not quite back to where I was a few months ago, but I have been deemed fit for duty.  I guess training would be good, seeing as I don't know much about being a Security officer."

An eternity later, or so it seemed, despite having only been a few hours to him, Scosche exited the gym, a little wobbly on his feet.  He'd begun to get his strength back, but Marija's intensity was significant and she'd held little back in her training.  He'd lost count of the number of bruises she'd left on him, but he'd started to learn, slowly, how to defend himself.  If nothing else, her painful lessons had been well taught.

Unconsciously, he headed for his room, the only one he'd had over the last week, in the brig.  He'd been assigned other quarters, of course, once he'd been given his orders to report to Security, but, tired as he was, it didn't occur to him to go to them.

Re: EPISODE 02: The Mysterious God Incident [Marija/Scosche]

Reply #6
OOC: Latine Kett, since you have not posted in almost a month's time, I will leave it up to you whether you want your character Marija Ferrik to be present for the finale of this Episode. In that case, you will have to come up with some kind of reason for her to go to the Bridge. The intercom is down, so she cannot contact anyone from the training facilities.

Simple Audio Video Embedder