Skip to main content
Topic: A look back at the dark days on the Resolve (Read 4998 times) previous topic - next topic

A look back at the dark days on the Resolve

Well, having received a positive response from my message proposing the thread idea, I figure it'd be a good time to start an OOC thread in which to plan out what this thing is.

Right now my idea is to show a snapshot of life on the Resolve before they were anywhere close to getting home. When they were still in the dark days and under the strain of it all, a different sort of strain than they are under now. I think this would be a great way to show who these characters were at the time and allow for some set up for future plot lines for these characters.

My plan for my own characters is simple. There will be a cold open focusing on B'Nila's personal life, to save most of the surprise of it until it is posted I will simply say it will be grim, and then once she is ready for the day she'll head to the mess hall. At which time I see it as a great opportunity for anyone else to go into their own character's lives on the Resolve and interact with others on the Resolve.

Of my own characters B'Nila will be there and so will F'Rell, though because of these earlier times they will not be the same as they are on the ship in the more recent story.

But yes, really I started this with wanting to establish some stuff for my own sake, but I think this is too good an opportunity to allow more than just me to look into this dark spot and get a peak.

Anyway, this thread will be where we can talk plot for the thread and maybe work out some relationships before we get the ball rolling to far.

Re: A look back at the dark days on the Resolve

Reply #1
It's a brilliant and lovely idea! There's quite a few Resolve crew here on the Theurgy, and we'd get to establish some interaction and thoughts before they found home, back when they weren't sure they'd even make it home, cut off and without supplies or support.

Of my characters, I have Meony, Sinead and A'vura available for interaction in all this. :)

Reply #2
I have said before that i am happy to play kendrick in the deleted scenes board.

Reply #3
I'm all in on this. I've always wanted to show a duality in my characters a la before and after. Also makes for good opportunities to 'sandbox' write without the time/distance/location dymamic in chapters and interregrums.

Sharky's going to be a fun 'character' to write, as there are quite a few aliens on that crew, theoretically including himself.
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #5
Ok, so I started the thread~ LINK

And I made a poll to see what people think of the future of B'Nila's plotline in the deleted scene - LINK

Reply #6
Could I please have a thread with Suq and F'rell...? They were established as friends, and I'd like to illustrate that. They had a falling out on the Theurgy that didn't get resolved either (pun totally intended lol)

Reply #7
Could I please have a thread with Suq and F'rell...? They were established as friends, and I'd like to illustrate that. They had a falling out on the Theurgy that didn't get resolved either (pun totally intended lol)
Hey,
Yeah, I'd love to do something like that. We can fit it into the "Things Left Unresolved" thread or start up another one if you like. I am open to both ideas.

Reply #8
Would all posts be in 'Things Left Unresolved' or would new posts with different characters be better?
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #9
Would all posts be in 'Things Left Unresolved' or would new posts with different characters be better?

Well, the main idea was that it would be open to any plot threads that aren't to be resolved. That is to say a way to introduce ideas that will come back in the coming episode. A way of introducing chekhov's gun retrospectively, or something like that. So there would be lots of room for other people to introduce plot elements.

I would say if you want a complete plotline, this might not be the right thread and starting another might be a good idea. My goal is to leave most things...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Unresolved

Reply #10
That explanation makes a lot more sense! I'll add Suq to the things left unresolved thread. Do I just post a regular old starter in that thread and tag you like normal...?

Reply #11
That explanation makes a lot more sense! I'll add Suq to the things left unresolved thread. Do I just post a regular old starter in that thread and tag you like normal...?

Well, given that most posts will take place on or around the same time, if you want to bug F'Rell she is in the cargo bay, and B'Nila is denying she has a problem in the mess hall. Treat this as something you were already tagged in.

Simple Audio Video Embedder