Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357605 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4325
Greetings @OrangeTellarite. Always great to see new members joining the community. If you ever want to talk or have questions; I'll gladly discuss and answer to the best of my ability. I look forward to writing with you ^^.

Reply #4327
Welcome aboard!  :) 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4329
Thanks and hallo there, pleasure's all mine.
And I must say I'm quite excited to be here, finally, as it's a step up from previous experiences with ST RP.

Anyway, I not that good with introducing myself, but I can tell I'm a Dutchie and no, I'm not from Amsterdam. Technically I do come from Holland, the province of North Holland to be precise but that's far too long ago for me to remember. I'll probably be one of the younger people here, being only 20 years old but I can't always really relate to lots of others of my age. For a large part I had been exposed to lots of old stuff, reason why I like TOS and TAS as well, and IMO everything past ENT isn't really much good unless I want to have a laugh at it. AMA if you'd like, and I'll see you around. o7

Reply #4330
Eek barba durkle, we've got a new one aboard. So welcome to the madhouse and as the one who's probably still holding the title "youngest Theurgy writer" I can tell you there's nothing weird about loving TOS even though it's almost thirty years older than you are. Anyhow if you have questions or anything I'm glad to help you.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Reply #4331

TWILKINS STEPS AWAY, LEAVING AYDEN TYRE FOR ADOPTION

Unfortunately, after careful consideration, @TWilkins steps away, leaving Elro Kobol  for adoption. Given recent absence, and the ties to health care, this was expected, but he says he hopes to return some day. He just don’t have any time to keep up with things at the moment.

He suggested that perhaps Y’Lev can go back to spy on the Syndicate on behalf of the Theurgy (some kind of Intelligence mission?), and Otheusz can easily blend into the background on the ship as he doesn’t have any major presence yet. The suggestion was that perhaps he isn’t deemed able to work to Starfleet standards yet in the thread The Wolf Den and requires lots of training, and I kind of like that. I will sort that out in my post there, and if TWilkins return, Otheusz will be readily available.

Lt. Elro Kobol                   Chief Medical Officer 

- Former Writer:
@TWilkins

Our current CMO, Doctor Elro Kobol , escaped the Endeavour before its destruction aboard the USS Niger in Episode 05. Being an inherited character, he will go up for adoption again, and unless there are any takers, I may have to put him out of commission so that an active writer can take on the Chief Medical Officer position instead.

Thank you for the time on the sim, @TWilkins , and hope you can return sooner rather than later! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4332
Sorry to lose you @TWilkins . I hope you do find your way back someday, and I get an opportunity to write with you again. Best of luck!

Reply #4334
Update: I am safely in Boulder but will be busy for a few days trying to move in while avoiding covid! 

A shame to lose @TWilkins , I never had the chance to write with you but I hope you stay safe and have a good time! 

Reply #4335
Folks,

While all in person events for GenCon were canceled this year, they are offering quite a few online events. I'll be rather busy through Sunday (8/2) and will likely be sparse with replies. I'll be on discord a lot as all the games I'm involved in use it for voice. But there's a strong chance if y'all're trying to get a hold of me responses will be highly delayed, even if I show up as available. <3

Reply #4336
Theurgists!  :)

Unplanned guests have crashed the house but even as I try to be a good host, I do have a window to catch up a bit on things here tomorrow. Pardon the slight delay on replies to PMs.

Please don't try to reach me over Discord with important things, as I've stated countless times, the reasons many but one of the obvious being that I can't have two separate cues and try to reply in order.  /;-D

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4337
Safely moved in!  Fingers crossed that I do well in graduate school. 

Reply #4338
You will do amazing @GroundPetrel.  You have us at your back if you need it.

Reply #4339
Thank you!!!  :)

Reply #4341
Thank you @stardust !  I am settling in, but all my classes are still in "play by ear" mode... :/

Reply #4343
Short update!

Had my mother surprise visit today and she's staying over until tomorrow noon. Thanks for the patience with the update on Chapter 02 (which is about halfway done) and other replies on PMs.  (L)

Hope you all have a great time out there and I think you will like the story progression I have planned.  :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4344
Enjoy your time with family. That does remind me about one quick thing.

My quarantine officially ends on the 11th. I will be going back to my regular life then, and will have full access to my laptop once I'm home.

Reply #4345

STEGRO88 WILL WRITE LIEUTENANT T'LESS!

Being the second Theurgist to use the new Token Reward which enables you to write a 5th character, @Stegro88 has inherited T'Less, one of our Asst. Chief Tactical Officers!

Lt. T'Less              Asst. Chief Tactical Officer (V2)

- Writer:
@Stegro88

T'Less is on the Allegiant mission in Advent of War, manning the Tactical station on the scout ship. So far, no edits have been made to the character's history and character page, and Stegro will be getting into gear with his new character gradually. I look forward to seeing this Vulcan being actively written again, since she's been around since Episode 01.

Congratulations on your new character, @Stegro88 ! :)

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE DEVELOPMENT IN CHAPTER 02?

One of the antagonists in the Advent of War has been introduced, and you can read two scenes concurrent with the Theurgy's first QSD jump here:

Quantum Frontier

The last part of the post returns to the bridge of the Theurgy, where new orders are dealt, but Thea also shows up with foreboding words involving Sarresh Morali...

Posts in this thread could be Joint-Posts with another writer, or if you have a character eligible for bridge duty, feel free to post in reaction to Thea's first completed QSD flight. If you have a character in Engineering on the Theurgy, you can illustrate the great difficulty it is to maintain QSD flight in terms of the variance mentioned in the post. Here are some ideas for contents to add in reply to this post or in Supplemental threads, besides whatever you guys can come up with! (It's from the Newsletter) [Show/Hide]
I will eventually be closing this thread now with the hour of QSD travel having come to an end, Thea appearing well within Klingon space. I am open for interactions with Captain Ives on the bridge! :)

Reply #4347

A NEW THEURGIST! NESOTA KYNOVAN WILL BE WRITING L'NARI

Today we welcome a new writer in our fold, @Nesota Kynnovan , who will be writing L'Nari!

Ens. L'Nari        Diplomatic Attaché 

- Played by @Nesota Kynnovan

Our new writer still has a little bit of homework in reading up on past threads, but once that's done, they have plenty of opportunity to develop the character as their own, since L'Nari barely got any screen time in the story so far.

Nesota may be changing their username here on the forum, however, and if that's the case, they will be telling you all here in the Main OOC thread what username they settle on (the current one being temporary.)

Welcome aboard! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4348
Welcome Aboard! Look forward to writing with you in the future!

Reply #4349
Welcome aboard, @Nesota Kynnovan ! I know L'Nari is a pretty fresh character in general but if you have any questions about her threads so far or about the forum in general, please feel free to hit me or any of the other Mentors up. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the character!

Simple Audio Video Embedder