Skip to main content
Topic: Day 12 [1157 hrs] Maybe This Time It Will Be Perfectly Marvelous (Read 7082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 12 [1157 hrs] Maybe This Time It Will Be Perfectly Marvelous

Reply #25
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Shrine to Molor | Orion Outpost | Qo’Nos ]
ATTN: @Nesota Kynnovan @Ellen Fitz

Pandemonium reigned! Enyd had grabbed Amanda while Mia had been retrieving her bag. The fact that it hadn’t been searched meant that the dagger she’d found was still inside it along with her ‘tools’. And besides, the weight of it could be advantageous in a pinch.

Mia had just taken a step after them when Amanda tried to bodycheck Loycam and ended up being pulled back by Enyd and knocking them all to the floor by the table.  Mia let out a heated, “Son of a bitch! “ As she tried to get her feet back under her. “Damit, Enyd,” She said as she glared at the diplomat, “You and Amanda are going to get us killed.” Then there was fire suddenly erupting and Mia heard the shouted single word.

Looking up she saw the Nausicaan, a ‘Molotov Cocktail’ in his hand. “Oh Shit!”  Mia accidentally pushed the table down in front of Enyd and Amanda as she scrambled to her feet. Swinging her bag around as she ran right at the big ugly thug.

She let the swinging bag connect with the Nuasicaan repeatedly as she yelled, “I... have had... enough... of this... SHIT!”
Ensign Mia Dunne   [Show/Hide]

Kelistina (Kel) Kavot Droga   [Show/Hide]

Reply #26
[Lieutenant JG Amanda Ashby | Shrine to Molor | Orion Outpost | Qo’noS]
Attn: @Ellen Fitz @Eirual

It had seemed like such a good idea to catch Loycam off-guard and send him sprawling over the table. As she slammed her shoulder straight between the burly Orion’s shoulder blades however, he merely shifted forwards before turning around; a look of surprise clearly visible on his face. Before the fear could even rise up inside her at this newfound predicament -let alone react to it- a loud roar drew the attention of both Loycam and herself away from each other. Yet, before Amanda’s eyes found the source of the chaos, Enyd suddenly grabbed her and things went way too fast at that point.

The only thing that came to Amanda’s mind was to crawl beneath the table and take a good look at what was happening from relative cover. It seemed that chaos reigned in the bar, with people screaming and shouting as they stumbled over each other to reach the nearest exit. As she heard Enyd ask if they were alright, the blonde-haired Martian barely managed to get out a confused ”I’m alright, I’m good!” before yet someone else shouted at them. This time however, her blue eyes did manage to catch a glimpse at the source of the commotion; finding one of the naked Nausicaan actors standing in the middle of the bar with a Molotov Cocktail in his hand. Yet again, before she could even do as much as react, Mia suddenly leapt up to her feet and pushed their makeshift cover down in front of them. Annoyed by her own confusion at the pandemonium around them, Amanda got back up to her feet and carefully peered around the edge of the table. ”What is even happeni-…”

Her semi-annoyed shout was interrupted by the sight of Mia Dunne pummeling one of the Nausicaan actors with her bag. It was a rather unexpected sight, especially given how the Xenoanthropologist had made a rather introverted impression on her, but here she was either way; taking out her frustrations on the Nausicaan. As Amanda stood there, she noticed that the other Nauticaan had also seen how his colleague was being attacked. He began to move in, most likely in an attempt to help his besieged colleague, and Amanda did one of the only things she could do at that moment.

She took the empty mug which Enyd was still clutching in her hand and threw it at the approaching Nausicaan with all the strength she could muster.

While it was a brave attempt, it would have been better if the mug had actually connected with the Nausicaan’s head instead of shattering against the wall behind him. Either way, the Nausicaan held his pace and turned his attention towards Amanda and Enyd; seemingly calculating his odds before raising the Molotov Cocktail in his hand and changing course to charge directly at them. In response, Amanda quickly screamed ”Run!” towards no one in particular before seeking cover behind the table once more. 

Reply #27
[ Colonel Hauq  | Orion Bar| Orion Outpost | Qo’Nos ] Attn. @Eirual  @Nesota Kynnovan

His face bore the expression of a Klingon who’d seem more than a few bar room brawls turned bedlam. Standing in the open door to the Orion Bar, his company of men waiting at alert attention on either side of him, Colonel Hauq leaned back on his heels as the humans continued to put up a fairly respectful fight against both the Orions and now the Nausicaans.

“Sir, should we-“ his chief lieutenant leaned forward and whispered in Hauq’s ear, “I don’t think the Chancellor would look kindly on-“

Hauq held up a hand to shush the man, “I know exactly what the Chancellor would say if he saw this, and it isn’t what you might expect.” For one thing, the Chancellor would be disappointed that the women were still clothed and that the men involved in the fight were in the nude. “Secure the building and exits, but don’t intercept those in the brawl. Not yet.”

His men quickly moved into position, and Hauq watched with a sense of satisfaction as the Orion guards backed down at the sight of his men moving in front of each of the exits. A few of the guards who’d looked poised and ready to join in the fray between the humans and the Nausicaans, and Loycam, the Orion bastard who ran the place, now looked less than interested and instead occupied themselves with cleaning up the mess this chaos was unraveling.

Hauq moved on silent steps, unfolding his arms from across his chest and making fists at his sides. He allowed the momentum of the Nausicaan’s attack to carry him directly into Hauq’s path, waiting until just the right moment, before he lashed out with his foot in a roundhouse kick, landing a direct hit in the Nausicaan’s gut. The firey cocktail flew from the man’s fingers and was effortlessly caught by Hauq, who turned on his heel to face the human females while he called out for his men to secure the would-be assailants.

“I know for a fact that this,” his eyes moved over the women’s collective appearances and demeanors, “is not part of the Shrine tour. I am Colonel Hauq, and my men will secure these premises. I believe it would be best if the three of you vacated this area immediately.”

[ Lt. Enyd Isolde Madsen ]

The moment of fear gave way to awe as a cape-wearing Klingon officer kicked the Nausicaan and saved them from a fiery death in one fell swoop. He sounded both amused and terribly bored once he spoke to them, his movements casual as he extinguished the would-be explosive bottle with a bare hand. Enyd looked to Mia, who watched as two more Klingons secured the naked Nausicaan between them. Next, she glanced at Amanda, who’d been poised to run—who knew where—just seconds before the colonel’s timely and suave arrival.

Nodding, Enyd pulled herself to her feet, a bit wobbly at first, “I believe you’re right, colonel. My friends and I were unwillingly brought to this area and nearly forced to participate in part of the entertainment here.” Based on the unchanging nature of Hauq’s expression, it didn’t seem like this was the first time something like this had happened. “Thank you for intervening. Amanda?" Enyd caught the woman’s gaze before calling out to their bag-wielding companion, “Mia? Are you ready to go? I think we should follow Colonel Hauq’s advice and leave immediately.”

Reply #28
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Shrine to Molor | Orion Outpost | Qo’Nos ]
ATTN: @Nesota Kynnovan @Ellen Fitz

Mia blinked a few times, breathing heavily from her exertions as her peripheral vision caught sight of a Klingon catching the Molotov cocktail from the air and dousing it with his bare hands. She had been mid-swing when suddenly she realized there were also Klingon officers grabbing the Nausicaan in front of her. She lowered her arm and stared at the Klingons for a second. Her focus was drawn to the leader when he made the comment about this not being part of the tour.

Mia almost huffed out a rather rude comment but Enyd managed to take the proverbial wind from her sails. Mia nodded and pulled her bag over her shoulder. “Yes, I am very ready to get out of here, and I will NOT be giving this place or the tour a good review, that’s for sure!” Tucking her arm into Enyd’s and Amanda’s she turned to head for the nearest exit, while glaring at Loycam. “I hope you get what you deserve, and then some!  I am sure your new waiters will be glad to help with that.”
Ensign Mia Dunne   [Show/Hide]

Kelistina (Kel) Kavot Droga   [Show/Hide]

Reply #29
[Lieutenant JG Amanda Ashby | Shrine to Molor | Orion Outpost | Qo’noS]
Attn: @Ellen Fitz @Eirual

It was somewhat of a rollercoaster of emotions; one moment Amanda had been ready to make a mad dash to whatever place could offer them safety, and the next moment a group of Klingons suddenly burst into the Outpost and all hope seemed lost. Then, when the Klingons began to secure the premises, Amanda began to feel some hope for a good outcome once more and uncertainly searched for confirmation by turning her blue-eyed attention to Enyd and Mia. 

When one of the Klingons, apparently the person in charge, approached Enyd and told them to vacate the area, Amanda immediately turned her attention towards the brunette and eagerly nodded before the Chief Diplomatic Officer could even finish her question. ”You know what? I am more than ready to leave.” As she spoke, the blonde-haired Martian looked around the Outpost once more. When the realization set in that they escaped a rather terrible fate by only that much, she shivered ever so slightly and her voice only became more determined. ”Let’s go.”

Reply #30
[ Colonel Hauq  | Orion Bar| Orion Outpost | Qo’Nos ] Attn. @Eirual  @Nesota Kynnovan

Watching the three human females pick their way through the remains of the Orion bar, Colonel Hauq sighed. There had been benefits to having the Federation vessel, Theurgy, in orbit, and not just related to the revelations made in the Great Hall. Yet, this was not the first time, and likely it would not be the last, he had to swoop in and save the day for some of the Theurgy crew.

“Colonel,” shifting his gaze away from the humans, he glared at one of his officers, “we have witnesses wanting to testify against the Orions and Orions wanting to sue for damages from the witnesses AND those humans.”

Hauq growled, “Let’s solve this with as little paperwork as possible, shall we?” He rolled his shoulders, cracking his knuckles, and steadied his heartbeats. He truly hated paperwork.

[ Lt. Enyd Isolde Madsen | Sickbay| USS Theurgy ]

“Thank you for beaming us directly here, Ensign Vojona.” Enyd smiled gratitude at the head nurse, waiting by her biobed until she was assured that Mia and Amanda were safely situated nearby.

The taller woman looked between the trio before asking, “What happened?” She signaled for Ensign Bjorge to help her, quickly pulling out scanners and various medical paraphernalia to assist in making things right as much as they could be medically.

“In summary, don’t join the Shrine tour on Qo’Nos. Apparently, the Shrine is beneath the Orion outpost and, well,” Enyd waved a hand over herself before gesturing toward the other two survivors, “things could’ve been much worse if not for the timely rescue by Colonel Hauq.”

“Colonel Hauq,” Vojona smiled, “sounds mysterious. Was he handsome?”

Enyd thought for a moment before chuckling, “I liked his cape.”

FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder