Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1845 hrs.] The forest beings have interesting instincts (Read 2342 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 02 [1845 hrs.] The forest beings have interesting instincts

[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Personal Quarters| Deck 08 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy]

@ob2lander961

Lt. Zark was tired of being cooped up.  Granted, getting blasted and beaten around was nothing to sneeze at, but the armour had taken the worse of it, and the latest round of bruises had pretty much already faded thanks to Dr.Hernandez.  Still, he had been adamant, especially he'd first hand witnessed the carnage that had been visited on the Andorian medico after the mission to Breen.  His injunction had been stern. Get some rest The Andorian sighed again as Dr.Hernandez's order mentally repeated itself in her head.  As she sat in her quarters, playing with Saucer, who was also quite bored, having been cooped for a long time.  There wasn't much left to do.  Her quarters had been spared the worse of the damage from the battle, it hadn't taken much to clean it up again.

A brain wave hit as Saucer idly patted a bowl of water, broadcasting his boredom all over the place.  Getting up from her desk, Zark padded over to the cat, and picked it up.  Both species antennae pointed at each other as Andorian stared into vaguely feline eyes.  "Buddy, we need a change of scenery.  I heard there's a forest on this flying hotel, wanna see it?"  The feline had no idea what she was saying but picked up the sense that she also wanted out and tried to pat his provider on the face.  That was close enough to an agreement for the medic. Setting the cat down, she began to gather supplies for their impromptu trip.  "Okay, let me grab dinner and your carrier and we'll be out of here." Stopping at the replicator, she considered her options.  "Computer, braised alneesh on bed of vithi, hari, and a bottle of Bajoran Spring Wine.  Oh, a slice of tubor pie as well.  All for takeout."  She hardly used the replicator, so burning through the rations for this order didn't hurt her balance at all. Besides, the rationing would probably end once the ship was docked and they got access to Klingon resources.  

Grabbing a bag, the Andorian began stuffing boxes of food into the bag a delicious smelling aromas floated in the air as her cat watched. The Spring Wine would be interesting with the food or so she hoped.  Grabbing another box, Zark went over to where Saucer was sitting and picked him up before placing him in the carrier.  Saucer mewled and began trying to pick at her shirt, which she playe wrestled back after bopping him on the head.  As she wasn't on duty, she headed out in a t-shirt, track pants, and running shoes.  Heading to the nearest turbolift, the Andorian made her way to the Arboretum.  She'd heard about the mini forest in the ship, but had never visited the place.  Now that the ship was at relative peace, it was a good a time as any.

[Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy

When the blue alien arrived, she was impressed.  She hadn't seen this much greenery in ages and a sense of calm descended on her as something besides recycled air and people's bodies entered her nostrils.  Taking a minute, Zark closed her eyes and took in the sense of life around her.  Opening them, she smiled as she began looking for a place to sit and have dinner.  Spying an unoccupied bench, Zark made her way over and set down her bags.  Opening the carrier for her cat first quickly turned to a regret as Saucer took one look outside, had a quick sniff, and darted into the foliage. "Hey Saucer!  Get back here!" Zark yelled as she grabbed the carrier and took off after the cat.  Luckily the arboretum wasn't too large and as she made her way around a pond, she spied her cat approaching someone.  It was interesting since the cat seemed to have avoided several other people along the way.

The Andorian medico didn't recognize the person that the cat cautiously approached.  Saucer pointed his antennae at her and gave her a sniff before rubbing his body against her leg and purring before hoping on to her lap and curling up, much to the Andorian's surprise.    Well, there must be something he likes about her, so she's good according to cat standards. She had to get her cat back, so at the very least introductions were in order to see if Saucer would eventually come back.  Taking a steeling breath, Zark approached her new acquaintance, "Hello, and sorry about my cat, he's usually more well behaved than this.  I have a longer name, but I usually go by Lieutenant Zark. Mind if I join you?" and a cobalt hand extended to the young woman in welcome.

Re: Day 02 [1845 hrs.] The forest beings have interesting instincts

Reply #1
[ Ens. Via "DixeBee" Wix | Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @RyeTanker
[Show/Hide]

Via had an incredibly busy day. Since she had just been transferred to the Theurgy from the Oneida just the day before. There were so many administrative things that she needed to do. Make sure she was registered in the ship's systems, medical processing, room assignments, flight fitting, and gear issue, among other things which were supposed to last all week. Her schedule was so packed she completely missed out on eating breakfast and lunch which left her completely famished at the end of the day. 

The hungry pilot hadn't memorized where everything was on the ship yet. Too tired to actually use the ship's computer for directions, Via simply felt her way down the corridor and walked up to a door she thought led to the lounge.

"Are-bor-tum? What the f-" She said to herself confused.

Via had no idea what the word meant but there was a 60/50  chance that there was a replicator in there that she could ask to use. So the woman walked in but as opposed to a regular room she was met by a very green sight. Trees, grass, bushes, ponds, reminded her of her first time visiting Earth and how weird it made her feel.

"The shit? This better not be someone's weird-ass holodeck program..." Via spoke out loud as her stomach began to grumble and hesitation was quickly pushed aside.

"They better got a salad or somethin'. Gotta be some fish in that pond maybe..." Via walked towards the pond taking in the greenery. Being born on a planet where everything was recycled and the only time anyone had ever seen a tree or grass was on holovids, Via always found them to be very alien. Like, it was something to avoid or be wary of. When she got to the edge of the pond and looked at the water she saw her reflection. Crystal clear, no pollution, no toxic wastes or corpses, no smell either. Her brain still had a hard time processing the fact that not every place was a disgusting pile of trash like her homeworld, but still, it irked her. 

"There ain't no fish in here...fuck!" Via sat down, tired and hungry. She extended her legs and leaned back using her arms as support. "Fuckkk..." *She droned out as a creature she had never seen before climbed up her leg and laid down on her lap. Via froze not knowing what to do.

"Uhh..." The pilot looked around and saw an Andorian woman coming toward her. She expressed her apologies over her cat and introduced herself but Via was more concerned about the Cat. "Yeah sure, nice to meet you Zar...I'm Via..." She looked back at the Cat, her body language still very timid, and whispered to the Andorian. "Is...is it tryin' to like, mark its territory on me or somethin'? Cause this is a new ass uniform...I got like a good month before it starts smellin' like piss again."

Reply #2
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy]

Attn: @ob2lander961

Lt. Zark blinked as her brain commenced a quick reboot.  She wanted to laugh at the questions, but it was a prudent one, so a smile seemed like a good compromise.  "It's nice to make your acquantince Via, and no, he isn't going to urinate on you to mark his territory, though if you disturb him to much, he may use his claws the get a better anchor on you."  That was a bit too much. "Nah, I'm kidding, he'll hop off before then. Now lemme see if...."  Zark bent over to try gently lift Saucer off the human, but Saucer buried himself a little further as he laid his head down to rest.  The Andorian medico could only shrug as the cat gave a mewl to show he was comfortable and laid down his head to doze as he began to purr. "Alright then, I guess I'm having dinner here."

Zark laid down the cat carrier, then the other bag and opened it.  Her stomach rumbled appreciatively as the wave of aromas wafted out of the bag.  She closed her eyes to sniff appreciably as her antennae began to circle a little more excitedly for a moment.  It had been a few months since she's had Andorian food, so a moment to savour 'home' cooking was in order. She began to multi task by removing lids from various containers, a plate, and some cutlery.  "So Via is it?  I hope you don't mind me joining you.  Can't say I remember meeting you before, but I've been on the ship for only a few months myself.  Then again, I only got out of sickbay this morning after almost getting my ass shot off on Qo'nos, literally, I think it was the day before."  She shrugged, still focused on the task of putting meat, salad, and flat bread on the plate she was going to use. Seeing the leftovers, the blue head tsked and shook minutely in disapproval. "I swear, Thea's trying to make me fat, or was that my fault from the last time I programmed the replicator?  Probably number 2."

Leaning back against the tree, Zark smiled at handiwork and stabbed some meat and vegetables before turning her her head to face her dinner companion, and stopped before she could ask anything else, let alone eat.  There are some things that one doesn't forget, and it was the generic look of hunger someone gave when they hadn't eaten in a long time.  The Andorian knew it well as she had seen it with other recruits and in the mirror during an extended hostile environment training session with the Marines. Maybe it's a good thing I forgot to reprogram the replicator.  Smiling a little crookedly, Zark placed the plate on her lap and waived at the open containers.  "Uhmmmm, would you like to try some Andorian food? I think there's an extra fork in there, nevermind, here take my plate, I'll just eat from the containers" the medico finished as she passed her plate over before getting up to consolidate the remaining food into something more usable for herself.

Reply #3
[ Ens. Via "DixeBee" Wix | Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @RyeTanker
[Show/Hide]

"Oh damn girl! You shoulda fuckin' told me you got sum Andor munchies." Via said rather excitedly. With a smile on her face, she took the offered plate and fork and started to dig in rather fast. The woman had no manners, she basically just inhaled the food barely using her fork and mostly using her hands to pick up the chucks. Via was very hungry, to say the least. She never really ate excessively unless it was some really good food, and when that happened she regretted it the next day. Typically she wasn't even a messy eater. This was a whole another level, even for her.

"Oh god damn, this is so goood!" She said while stuffing her mouth. "The last time I good as shit food like this was like...uh..." Via stopped chewing and began to count the number of years it had been since she had left her home planet on her fingers, one by one. "1...2...3...no fuck! 1...2...3...4...5...? Oh is it fucking six? Ah, fuck it. It was a long ass time ago. There was this new Andorian joint that was like a bar and a dabo spot. Everyone cool went there because we could get wasted as shit and enjoy sum good ass food. The owner was pretty chill with us. My big bitch ass of a big brother was like friends with the dude or somethin' I don't know. Anyway, the fucking robotic havin' ass robo striders gang fuckin' put a hit on the place and killed the Andorian dude. I'm like shit...no more good ass food, oh and he was cool too. Fuck I hated that place...." She said the last part with a bit of hatred but then refocused on shoving down her food.

"This is the bomb Zark. Oh shit fuck, let me start answerin' your questions. My ass came from the Oneida, you sure as hell ain't seen me around, I'm new as fuck. Hell, my ass just got here yesterday and they already be havin' me doing all this admin...a-adminserterver...adminsertra...whatever the fuck that word is. I ain't like it, I am tired as fuck, and hungry as fuck. I ain't trained for doin' some signatures and processin' I am a mutha fuckin' pilot, I hate this shit..."

She swallowed and then looked at Zark remembering-badly another part of her questions. "Wait, your ass got shot? On Qo'nos? Was it a Klingon? I will throw hands with a Klingon bitch, no problem just tell me now. Wait, who the fuck is Thea? OH shit, I'm stupid, Thea shot your ass, right? Need me to bust her kneecaps or somethin'? It's least I can do for givin' me this food." While Via didn't show that she was serious she was perfectly willing to do something to help Zark out. Maybe not break someone's kneecaps, since she rather not get but in the brig, but anything she needed, just to show that she was extremely grateful

Reply #4
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) |  Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy]

Attn: @ob2lander961 

The stunned Andorian sat there as the human representation of a gravitational singularity sucked the contents of her plate with terrifying and awe inspiring speed.  Zark hadn't even managed to get her own fork into the takeout box before the torrent of information and invective slammed into her.  She felt like one of those human critters as it was about to get run over by a vehicle and just nodded along, forgetting to eat as she tried to absorb as much information as possible.  I think the only other person who swore this much was Blue Tiran, and I never even got to meet her. a small corner of the Andorian's mind noted as her head went up and down like a fabled Earth bobble head.  Left home planet 5 to 6 years ago, got it; gang life, gooooot it.....  The Andorian's expression fell as Via couldn't pronouce the word Administrative.  Wait... Whaaaa?  was all her mind processed before she hit the cherry for the evening so far.

I made sense that Via wouldn't know who Thea was having been on the ship for a day or so, but when she thought Thea was the one who shot the combat medico in the on Qo'nos, and in her shapely posterior no less, Zark's blue green eyes widened as they lit up.  It started off as a snort, and not just any snort, it was those dam breaking snorts that rumbled out of a persons nose and mouth and shook up any restraint the person was trying to impose on their sense of humour.  The Andorian's cobalt cheeks ballooned in a desperate last ditch attempt to stop the eruption of laughter she felt escaping from deep inside her chest, for it was all going to be in vain when the offer to bust kneecaps came through.  "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!" was the start of Zark exploding in uproarious attention grabbing laughter. "BY LOR'VELA!!! STOP!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HEEEEE!! HOOOOO!!!!! Thea shot me in the ass??!!  STOP!!" was all the blue medico managed to get out as she threw her whole body backwards while laughing even more while sending her food flying who knows where, carpet bombing the area behind her with salad,  alneesh, and sauce.  "Bust some kneecaps??!!" caused an even louder peel of laughter to ring through the Arboretum.  The Andorian was on her back holding her sides as she grabbed her sides while rolling on the ground and pounded the grass with her feet. 

The riotous laughter had woken the cat who only looked at his person and wondered if she'd lost her mind and Zark knew she had to stop laughing soon as her ribs were starting to hurt.  "Haaaahhhhh!, Ohhhhhhhh!!  Thea shot me in the ass. " Snort, giggle.  "Owww, haaaaaahhhhhh, sorry, that's a good one."  Zark apologized to the new pilot as she gently got back up to sitting position while still holding on to her sides.  Wiping away some tears with the back of her fingers, she turned to face her dinner partner.  The residual laughter smile wouldn't go away, so there was no point in trying while she brought Via up to speed on some of the aspects of Theurgy"Thanks. I needed that. Anyway hon, Thea is the ship's AI, which on most ships is usually just the same toned computer. I'm surprised she didn't cause a short somewhere or show up to stand in front of us about that remark about her shooting me.  She's been programmed with every known form of hand to hand combat, plus she can pull some weird stuff that only holograms can do, so fighting her would be a Bad Thing.  And to your first, question, it was Klingon.  Didn't really see if it was a him or her as I was busy running away at the time, but after compiling the tactical log from my exosuit, the damage was clearly from a Klingon disruptor.  Good thing Chief vanVinter managed to pick me up before the ship decided to make a very hasty retreat."

Zark paused for a moment before sighing at the memory of the battle to keep the Sabine from being overrun before shaking her head.  Seeing how she had no food in her hands, the blue alien looked behind her and let out a deeper sigh at all the replicator credits spread out all over the grass.  Janitorial services was going to be mad about that one.  Reaching into the mostly empty food bag, the Andorian grabbed the bottle of Bajoran Spring Wine and couple of stemless metal glasses.  Pouring a generous measure of the rose coloured liquid into each cup, she handed one to the administration hating pilot before taking a sip of the refreshing citrus strawberry liquid.  Hopefully, she wouldn't toss this one over her shoulder.  Holding her cup to Via for an ironic toast "Here's to surviving and all the despised paperwork that comes afterwards."

With the toast complete, the Andorian took another sip before going back to finding out more about the pilot.  "Sounds like you certainly had incentive to get off planet if it killed your source of good food.  How'd you manage that?"

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

While Zark laughed hysterically at Via's mannerisms, comments, and questions, the pilot just looked at her confused. She didn't think she said anything funny or was trying to be either. The Via just sat there somewhat pouting swallowing the last piece of food she had- she quirked a look at the cat too and his expression seemed to match hers. As food flew everywhere Via pursed her lips for a moment and then waited for her to stop...then she heard her clarification. Via felt really stupid after that.

"Well...I ain't no bitch I still woulda fought a Klingon no sweat, and I break fancy computers all the time!" She crossed her arms and pouted again as a child would, trying to one-up Thea even though she had never met her. "Just because she is like "programmed" or sum shit ain't mean its a good program...or somethin' I don't fuckin' know. I ain't be no one's bitch that's for sho."

When Via finished speaking she saw that Zark had pulled out a bottle of Bajoran Spring Wine along with two glasses. "Damn, girl! You ain't got to get the fine wine out to start bein' my friend." She brightened as she accepted one of the glasses and took part in the toast. "I can definitely drink to that shit!" Via downed the glass. "Woah! Fuckin' nice."

When Zark asked her about how she got off her home planet Via extended her glass out. "Shitt...Ya gonna have to pour me another one if we are talkin' about that shit show." If she did or didn't pour her more spring wine Via still went ahead and talked about her long complicated, badass escape.

She laid back, using her free hand as a support to keep her up as she talked with her drinking hand. "So, I am fuckin' 16 right? Just finished school, graduated and all that shit, super excited and my dumbass brother comes up and tells me 'shit is goin' down in Red Zone' and to 'Get my ass in the cover car, the gang has a mission for me'. Red Zone is...uh...was our fuckin' turf and apparently all the big ass syndies- I'm talkin': the Orions, the Catlian's, The Flying Zenos, all the big ones started a huge ass war with each other.

My gang was allied with the Orion syndies and they wanted our asses guardin' some dirty ass house in one of the districts. When we were there standin' I went to go to the alley to take a piss and I saw the Orion's dealin' with Romulan's. They saw me and I boosted the fuck outta there. They chased me for a while but I knew where everythin' was so I lost them. A few days later I found out my own gang, the gang my family was apart of forever, but a hit on me for seeing that stupid ass deal. So I am like fuck it you know? If they ain't want me then fuck why I am doin' there, I could finally go and join the academy anyway, all I needed to do was get off-planet and find my sister Fia.

So for like a week or something I had been callin' in favors and shit while stoppin' assassins and bounty hunters from killin' me. Like one time there was this one dude, and he was like "I can take you in hot or I can take you in cold." And I'm like "Shut your bitch as up", then he lifted up his piece and was like PeushPeushPeushPeush, and dodged it and was like PewvomPewvom, and then it hit him and he was like "Argh my face." and I'm like "Ain't so hot now" and I let him lay there. It was wicked cool you should've been there. Anyway, I got my shit, managed to get a ride to the space port from one of my friends, and stole a shuttle off of that shit hole." she said feeling proud of herself at the end. "Then I got fuckin' pulled over by Starfleet. They wanted to send me back, but I was like nope, let me talk to my sister. You shoulda seen their faces when they got orders to take me to the nearest Starfleet Station so I could head to Earth and live with Fia. She fuckin' hooked me up, and she was only a cadet. Had to snitch tho...ain't happy doin' that...."

Reply #6
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @ob2lander961 

Zark gladly poured another glass of wine to the gabbing pilot as she spun her tale and leaned on her arm that sat on her knee.  Despite the apparently juvenile demeanour that Via carried herself, there was something refreshingly energetic an fearless in who she was.  It took a bit to parse together what was going on, and the medico smiled, partially in indulgence, but in realization that for whatever crass manner Via had, her heart was in the right place.  Flicking her eyes down to Saucer, she saw the cat focused on the energetic pilot as the tail twitched back and forth.  Zark did snort and giggle before taking another sip of wine when Via did mention her first encounter with Starfleet was like routine traffic stop , especially with a F bomb dropped in for good measure.

Gang's and Tal Shiar Agents! Oh my!  This girl is quick on her feet for those things she knows a lot about.

"I hope you haven't had any other encounters with bounty hunters and assassins.  Security on this ship is a rough enough job without having to worry about the crew getting caught in the crossfire of you whipping some back stabbing type in the corridors.  Seriously though, if they do come after you, you will give me a call right?"
  Zark's asked as she felt the wine start to buzz as she surprised herself with an offer to do bodily harm on the young woman's behalf so quickly, though it may have had something to do with her security assessment of Via heading from 'she'll be fine' to 'Come get some bitch! Wait, oh shit!'

Another thought floated through the medicos mind as she was wondering about traffic stops, F bombs, and assassins.  "One other thing, how did your sister get you to safety, especially since cadets tend to have very little pull with the system?"

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]

"Fo sho." Via said in reply to Zark's request. "Them bitch asses won't know what 'ill hit em if they do." She laughed then listened to the Andorian's next question which she answered in her usual eccentric manner.

Via was the more extreme version of her sister. If you can imagine her mannerisms, her sisters would be much tamer and somewhat professional in comparison. 'Fia' was more Starfleet material than Via ever could be and to her own admission, Via felt that she was a much better pilot than she ever could be. It didn't stop her from having her differences with her sister. They loved each other and would do anything for each other because of their close bond, but they were sisters and they argued a lot.

"Don't get me started on her ass. My ass doesn't even understand what her dumb as did so Starfleet would do everythin' for her. When I got arrested and dropped Fia's name they knew who I was. Fuckin' Fia told me when she left, she was talkin' to scary ass guys in black uniforms and shit. Kinda like that one holovid that came out last summer. The one with that badass Trill and the secret club thing... Anyway, I ain't no snitch. I don't like snitchin', it ain't cool, but that's what Fia did. She be tellin' them everythin' about the gang, our contacts and shit...she likes doin' that. She probably had some juicy dirt or somethin' and told them that I would have somethin' too. Or maybe in exchange for the information they would let me stay with her?"

Via tone became somber and soft.

"I dunno, I was just happy to see her. She taught me most of the things I know about flyin' and shit, taught me about Starfleet. Kinda been like my Mom and shit...Maybe after this we can get that cargo ship we been always wantin'." She looked away briefly. "Her ass better be alive...I know she is...somewhere...bein' a smart ass...bein' a badass too...bitch..."

Reply #8
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Arboretum | Deck 22 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @ob2lander961 

The security officer once again found the most time consuming part of a conversation with the new pilot generally stripping out the invective to get to the meat and bones of what Via was really trying to convey and she was touched.  Maybe the wine on an empty stomach was also getting to her as well.   "Your sister definitely cares about you a lot to risk the wrath of the syndicates, foreign intelligence agencies, and anyone from your birth world that didn't hold a grudge and got screwed over from the passing of that information.  I's say she weighed the scales very well. A lot of information that Intelligence normally would have taken years to get to save sister who had the guts to follow in her foot steps and now flies for Starfleet."  There was an elegance to the bravery Fia had acted on and the reason she'd probably set her entire past against her, and the Andorian's finger rubbed the her glass in unconscious appreciation.

The wine was definitely at work since Zark  was beginning to relax and she downed the dregs of her glass before pouring another glass of fermented liquid before blabbering on. "She saw a much better life for you in the Federation than out of it, and I do believe we lucked out in this case since your sister was the only person who could identify the gem under the surface."  Zark's free hand came up and gave the younger woman a reassuring squeeze before continuing.  "And you miss her terribly, but if she's half the badass you make her out to be, she'll  be around for you to see her again." 

Saucer still seemed quite content to lie on the pilot and Zark decided to purse something that didn't make sense to her.  "The brass doesn't hand out technically complex fighters to dolts which tells me that you're either really good at pretending to be unintelligent, which takes quite a bit of brains in itself, or your one of the most gifted pilots in the fleet and we couldn't afford to let that sort of talent go."  Zark's free hand came up to her nose and scratched it in thought. There were a myriad of other options, but these seemed like the most likely at the moment. "So, as funny as it was totally unexpected, what are you Miss Via Wix and what are you trying to hide in that brain of yours?"  Zark gave the pilot crooked smile to show she was teasing, but it wasn't as crooked as it could have been for the security officer had been presented a very interesting and unexpected conundrum.

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]

"Yeah yeah..." Via said lowly. Fia had to still be alive in her head, Zarks words made sense and really helped her but there was still doubt. The reassuring squeeze shook her out of her somewhat sorry state. Being touched in general are intimate acts for Via more often than not. It threw her off when Zark did but the pilot didn't recoil or hate it...she just didn't know what to think. That changed when Zark asked her what she was hiding. Of course, Via was much smarter than she presented herself. Many factors contributed to this decision and many other things only hid her intelligence further such as her mannerisms, personality, and maturity. She was no prodigy, but no idiot...maybe an idiot savant to people who could look through her. What she presented to the world was part of her entire being but not all of her being. In order for her to reveal that, you would need to be exceptionally close to her. 

"Whoa, hey! I ain't hidin' shit." Via said somewhat offended despite the light-hearted nature of the question. "Like, why can't it be both or somthin'? Maybe sometimes some shit is hard too understand, and sometimes shit be commin' to me like that." She snapped her fingers for emphasis.

Via looked away from Zark, nervous about admitting some of her shortcomings as a person, but she felt the Andorian was cool enough not to make a big deal about it...or make fun of her. She scratched the back of her head. "Look...the learnin' and studyin' shit and stuff I ain't really into. When I was growin' up, all that School shit wasn't a cool thing to do and it was borin' as fuck.

I was never payin' attention, but Fia kinda forced me to do it...so I passed and shit for her. It was the academy where my ass was being fuckin' fucked by all the teachers and courses. I flunked my first year and was on that academic abortion shit. Fia was fuckin' pissed, and I seen that bitch angry before."

She looked back at Zark and spoke in her typical animated style.

"She was yellin' and screamin' at me all damn day when she heard I might be gettin' kicked out. Deleted all my friend's deets off my PADD too. I spent the entire summer retakin' the classes, it fuckin' sucked. There was this funny talkin' girl in my class that I called B-Jorge because my ass can't say her name; who started helpin' me with my studyin' shit. We became awesome friends, I swear without her I ain't sure I would be her talkin' to you."

She looked away again embarrassed and trying to hide it terribly.

"Anyway, after that I kinda forced myself to be a dumbass nerd and learn shit. Lost all my summers and free time but I did pretty good I guess...and flyin' was easy, I blow everyone out of the fuckin' water. Yeah I had to study my fuckin' ass of again, and the shit was hard, but I fuckin' did it! I got my nice ass wings, with my nice ass jacket, and my nice ass fighter. All that shit I had to go through in the academy fuckin' sucked but my ass fuckin' made it. Shoulda seen how many bitchasses dropped out because the shit was too hard for them."

Via said the last part with pride. She looked at Saucer then at Zark feeling irked then curious as to why the cat was so interested in her. 

"Damn, why does he be likin' me so much...and why is it so fuckin' hot in here." She unzipped her uniform jacket taking it off, then did the same with her uniform shirt, only leaving a black sports bra on her tan skinned-upper torso. Zark would most definitely see the cybernetic contraption on her upper chest that was obstructing the hexagonal tattoos that were on there previously. Via looked at the Andorian after yawning, stretching, and fixing her hair.

"Damn, our uniforms look fine ass fuck but them shits are not for me. I tried submittin' my new and improved designs to Starfleet Supply and they just told me off!! Dumb asses..." She pouted. "Hey, why are you askin' my all these questions anyway? I ain't know nothin' about you besides that Klingon thingy and that bitch Thea..." She said with a playful chuckle then eyeing the pond thinking.

Reply #10

Zark nodded along as Via answered what made her so special that she had been awarded the privilege of flying space fighters for Starfleet.  She was a savant after a fashion.  She may not remember everything that had been taught to her, but when she put her mind to it, she would know what to do with the knowledge she had.  In this case, it most likely one very talented instinctual fighter pilot's.  The Andorian had a twinge of sympathy for the rest of the Lone Wolves since Via was guaranteed to spice up their briefing room and any time she flew with them.  The medico had to pull her lips in momentarily to prevent a laugh from breaking out at the thought of Via flying with some of the more uptight pilots and using her usual mode of colourful communication.  Still, she'd pulled through with a good berating from her sister, and a friend with an unpronounceable name and had the wings to prove it.

In what was becoming very typical Via fashion, her mind fired off in another direction, mainly wondering why Zark's cat was so interested in her.  Zark opened her mouth to answer and was instead treated to Via suddenly stripping out of virtually all her clothing short of her standard issue bra.  Zark couldn't help but cast a glance over the pilot that stopped dead at the device on her chest.  Any amusement she would have shown disappeared into curiosity as her brain worked out what she was looking  at and she had to start digging through her medical training.  Blue green eyes shot wide open when the medicos brain sorted out she was looking at a cybernetic lung support.  Zark put down her glass and didn't notice as it fell over, fertilizing the soil with fermented grape juice. 

The Andorian pretty much rolled on to her knees and scrambled up to the pilot and began casting a professional medical eye over her entire body looking for the telltales of externally inflicted trauma.  For whatever reason Via had removed her top was deemed irrelevant in the Andorian's mind as her expressionless face continued its examination.  Moving about on her knees around the latin pilot, the combat seemed to be examining every milometer of the tanned skin and she stopped when she reached the pilot's back. 

It was a habit, but one every medical person picked up at some point.  The Oneida medics had done a very good job, but they must have been in a hurry since there was some residual scarring and Zark reached out to touch the slight imperfection before realizing what she was doing and pulled her arm back. A separate segment of her mind took down Via's question to answer later as she continued her circle around the woman and stopped at the cybernetic implant and looking at it for another moment.  This one was harder not to touch, so Zark placed her knees on her hands as she gave the implant a good look over.  A part of her wanted take a tricorder and start scanning it to get all the details and to see just how extensive the damage was in the pilot's body.

Zark's shapely posterior came down on her feet as she regarded the pilot with a gentle smile.   "You are a far more interesting person than I first though Via. To answer your first questions, Saucer can't communicate like we do normally, so he depends on his instincts to tell him what is safe and what is not, or when he wants something.  Saucer is quite comfortable around those he considers to be good people, and that's clearly you. I've seen him hiss at some people that you'd gladly put a beat down on."   The kneeling Andorian paused momentarily to consider the next question and gave herself a mental shrug. "Next, the best way for some people to start being friends is to get to know the person they're talking to, and I hope you will consider me a friend after today."  

Zark kicked out her legs from under her and sat cross legged in front of the pilot.  She was quite aware how unclothed the pilot had become, but decided to defer any thoughts on that till later.  "Now, it's patently unfair that I know a lot about you, and you know very little about me, so what would you like to know?"

Reply #11
[Show/Hide]

Via initially didn't notice Zark examining her semi-naked body as she was a little too preoccupied wondering again if there was any real fish in the pond. By the time she made her decision, she noticed Zark eyeing her chest rather closely which prompted her to back away awkwardly and confused but not negatively.

"Ok...shit you thinkin' I am some robo chick or somethin'?" Via said chuckling slightly "When the docs put this shit on me they fuckin' told me I woulda needed new tats!" She pointed at her chest and where the device essentially was placed overlooked like an elaborate tattoo design. "My ass saved up 50 strips of latinum for it. That cheapstake Klingon fuckin' did a good ass job! I was lucky...fuckin' annoyin' ass docs and their white ass coats and hypersprays...ruinin' everythin'..." She crossed her arms and pouted like a child before Zark began to respond to her initial questions.

The compliments made Via blush and immediately went to her head. "Well...I think you and saucer are pretty interestin' too. I mean shit...I had like a pet dog for like a month before he ran away from me when my ass was like...8...lil shit... Anyway yeah of course your ass is my friend! If I didn't like you I woulda fuckin' just left your ass by yourself."

Eyeing the pond again, Via put a finger up to Zark, suggesting that the medic wait a second. "Watch this shit." She playfully said before she ran and jumped into the pond. Since it wasn't a particularly deep pond (most likely 3ft or less) Via landed particularly hard on her bottom causing her a bit of pain, but she seemed to not mind it. 

"Woooo!!!" Via cheered raising her hands in the air as she sat in the lake. "My ass hurts like a bitch!!! I think some of that sand shit went inside....fuck yeah!!" She swished her hands around in the water looking for fish only to be proven the fact that there wasn't indeed any fish to grab. "Fuck!! There really aren't any! Fuckin' blows, now I am wet and shit." She crossed her arms and pouted again, then looked at Zark. "I'm gonna sit here for a bit...uh....actually I do have a question. So like Andorians have like fuckin' 2 moms and 2 dads right? Do you like...like all of them or some of them? Wait shit...does that mean you have like two gazillion cousins and siblings? How big was your house? Mine was small as shit, our asses had to share like 2 bathrooms..." Via started thinking more. "Can saucer like read my mind? I had a friend who's talkin' bird could do that shit. Can you swim? I be hearin' Andor has like all frozen water or somethin'...like all I remember from school is like your world is cold as shit...what is your favorite music? What clothes do you wear? Are they all like winter coats in shit? You are a like one of those super bad ass fightin' combat medics right? Do you like go "I'll save as many lives as I take." and go [PewPew] shootin' him in the leg, then patch the dude up, then be shootin' him in the leg again? That would be sick ass fuck! Oh shit do you know the "Life Feeler" you know that one movie about that Betazoid medic agent dude that supper badass? His was in Starfleet for a bit!! Oh my god you know him?!"

Via was all over the place, jumping from question to question rapid fire-like. She was getting quite excited, having someone to talk to after being locked up for a better part of 3 months was a godsend for her. Hopefully, it wasn't too much for Zark.

Reply #12

Zark felt she should be getting used to Via. Supposedly after a certain amount of exposure, one got 'fatigue' as it were from whatever the mind was being exposed to for too long.  The issue with trying to get 'fatigue' from Via, was her changes in topic were coming too quickly and since the Andorian medic had been expecting to answer questions, she instead did her best impression of a fish out of water as her mouth opened and closed in an attempt to give another observation about Saucer.  That was until Saucer mewled in protest as he was sent flying from his resting place when Via jumped up suddenly and bolted to the pond.   Zark started as she made of move to catch Saucer, but he was a cat at the end of the day, and like his terran analogues, he rapidly twisted in mid air and landed on his feet before giving an indignant sniff at the resting spot that had decided the pond was more interesting than he was.  Zark's hands were partially out and she became distinctly aware of the some of the other park goers and very naked swinging ass in front of her as the pilot took a running jump into the pond and landed with a splash.  The Andorian couldn't help but crack up again, and peels of laughter rang through the arboretum causing more on lookers to start wandering over to see what the levity was all about.  The medics ribs were starting to hurt from the multiple laughing bouts and she had to wipe tears away from her eyes.  Via seemed totally oblivious to the fact that Zark was having a hard time controlling her laughter, so the Andorian missed a whole bunch of her the rapid fire questions that were being flung at her.

Seeing the gathering crowd, Zark took a moment to alternatively wave people off, or if necessary give them very dirty looks.  To prove the fact that the ship's walls had ears, the Combat Medic's reputation was sufficient to get people to decide they would rather be somewhere else rather than risk the Andorian's wrath and it's associated crafted mayhem that could ensue.  Still, what Via did was probably going to make it all over the ship by the end of the next day at the most.  The fact that Zark hadn't arrested her but thought it hilarious would probably go some way to mitigating and negative consequences, but in the end the story would spread anyway.

Zark waited till most of the onlookers had dispersed before answering what questions she could remember, or in the main, regarded as the most important topics to her.  "Well, yes I have two mom's and two dad's and I love all of them. I also have three siblings and three bond mates, one of each gender.  I do have a lot of cousins I guess you would call them, but the clan structures are so interlinked, we don't really think about it at all.  I guess you could call most the people in community I grew up in to be cousins of some sort I guess.  I can see how that would be seen as something peculiar, especially when it comes to having bond mates selected." Slender blue shoulders shrugged at the complete normality of having so many relations.  It was  just a part of life that Andorians lived on a day to day basis. "I think since everyone is so well connected, it makes the family relation and clan bond really strong at home, so we spend a lot of time looking out for each other."

Saucer took this moment to climb onto Zark's legs and climbed up, showing absolutely no interest in following Via into the water.  Zark's hands went out just short of Saucer's nose and was dulygiven a quick sniff before he laid his fore legs on the Andorian's knees and proceeded to just watch Via sit in the water as Zark gave the medic question a bit of thought.  "I guess what think of what I do is fairly accurate.  In most cases, the nurses and doctor's get sent along with the away team, but if someone higher up, like the Chief of Security, XO, or Captain decides there's a high chance of combat, then I get sent as medical help instead.  I don't have to shoot someone in the leg just to disable them and patch them up again, I just make sure to use heavy stun on them.  Multiple times if need be."  Zark smiled for a moment.  "I think there were many a time I had to use that when I was on the Spector while she was cruising the Cardassian border after the Dominion War.  It generally wasn't a bad thing when you can shoot the hostage and they're quite happy to come out of the situation alive."  Platinum brows furrowed for a second in thought before a snarl twisted her blue lips. "Usually. Yeah, usually.  There was one guy who was a total jackass in life and complained non stop after he woke up.  He kept going on and on about how he was going to sue us.  His brother and cousin apologized to the Captain and the rescue team afterwards.  Told me private that they wished we'd blown a hole in him instead."  The combat medic shook her head in disbelief that still lingered before her head began tilting back and forth a bit.  "Uhmmmmmm.  What were the other questions?"

Reply #13
[Show/Hide]

Via listened while Zark answered her myriad of questions that she most likely would forget in the next minute or so. Anyone who oogled her she didn't notice really as she didn't feel any embarrassment over what she was doing. Via did this type of stuff when she was growing up and in the academy. Her impulsiveness and lack of social inhibition were a part of her personality. As she listed to Zark, she honestly found it interesting, based on her interpretation of what the Andorian explained, that her family structure was so complex when her's was practically nonexistent. Via was slightly envious of that, being able to understand such a structure and have so many people to rely on if things went bad. When Zark started talking about her job and role as a combat medic the pilot was enamored, her wild imagination showed her an action-like sequence with Zark shooting up bad guys being badass, saving hostages, and being a superhero.

"Shit...You are so fuckin' cool!! I ain't gonna waste your time with anythin' else." She stood up from the water slowly bit sore after landing so hard in the pond. Via stretched back yawning and bent over touching her legs before stepping out of the water and heading over to grab her clothes. She waved at saucer making a kissy face at him and with a smile she walked over to Zark and spoke with a chuckle. "K Zark, my ass gotta bounce but like...So like...I am just sayin' if you ain’t doin' nothin' just let me know and I'll bring my ass over! Wait!! Speakin' of...Look, I know you doctors and shit like doin’ your weird finger probin’ ass shit so don’t even think about it..but…heh butt…" The woman turned around and showed the Androrian her bare ass, completely and unapologetically. There was sand, and it was pretty red and wet like the rest of her lower body but other fine. Via still bent over spoke again. “Is everythin’ good back there? Nothin’ broken or any of that shit cause no way in hell I’m goin’ back to sickbay. I don’t need anyone knowin’ I am gettin’ grounded cause my ass is broken either, that shit embarssin’”

Via was being 100% serious and completely oblivious to any connotation that may have been made by anyone looking outside into the conversation. She just didn’t think about it, nor found such connotations to be of any concern if they weren’t actually true. Via never cared what most people thought, and it got her through many hardships in life. Another beaming part of her personality.

Reply #14

Zark flinched backwards as blue green eyes widened from her vision being unexpectedly filled with sand covered cheeks of a gluteus maximum, anus, and as her medical trained mind began the automatic process of cataloguing, just peeks of a vagina.  The suddenness of the movement was enough to startle saucer who began climbing over his owner.  Zark wouldn't get a chance to finger probe Via as her hands were too occupied soothing a scrambling ball of fur under control while staring at the sandy ass.  Cobalt hands stroked the startled cat's fur and eventually he settled down before meowing indignantly at his person and settling his head on her shoulder.  Zark gave the view she got a medical once over, and her memory quickly went through the ship to see if there was any way to get the sand off.  Looking around to focus her search only made things worse as she noticed several people pointing towards the pair and the Andorian had to resist the urge to face palm. "Via's antics are going to be all over the ship by midnight."  Zark did laugh out loud though when she saw a couple of men obviously trying to hide their body's reactions to the suddenly exposure of naked ass and one female crew member seemed to be leaving with indecent haste.

The Andorian turned her attention back to the pilot.  "Via, I think you have a bunch of admirer's on the ship now. Anyway shake your ass in the pond to get the sand off.  It'll be quicker and more thorough than anything else we can do cause I am not brushing that off and your skin is kinda red now." The medico turned a trained eye over the skin and figured Via was going to have a bunch of topical issues unless she handled the cleanup properly.  Though, given the way she'd jumped into the pond and their conversations so far, Zark did have to wonder if the pilot was going to follow the instructions for cleaning.   Zark took a moment to clear her throat before continuing.  "Via, go grab a a shower, and apply the cream to all the red areas.  It should be gone in a day or two. "  A free cobalt hand rubbed her nose for a moment.  "I'll send the specs for the cream to your replicator, so you should find it there when you get back."  Zark had to grimace for the next bit.  "You have maybe a day or two of leeway, but if you don't wash it off as soon as possible and apply the cream, then the doctor's on the ship are going to have to probe you when they try to figure out what's going on with your ummmmm red skin."

Hopefully the instructions were clear enough and Via would be fine.  The Andorian proceeded to clean up whatever she could from the wreckage of all the picnic.  Considering Via had eaten most of her ready food and she'd tossed the rest, she thought about going to the arboretum cafe to grab something to eat.  At the thought of the cafe, Zark turned an amused smile on the pilot.  She had a good idea of the answer, but it would be interesting to get the pilot's perspective on this.  "Via. One thing. When I found you, you were starving, why didn't you go to the cafe up there?"  Zark asked as she pointed a cobalt finger at a door above them.

Reply #15
[Show/Hide]

"Shit, and I don't give a fuckkk!" Via said in reply to the Andorian's statement about her actions being seen by everyone. She had never cared what most people thought of her nor the consequences unless those consequences prevented her from doing one essential thing in her life, flying. That was the one thing that she would do everything and anything to keep. It took her a lot of blood sweat and tears to get her wings and there was no way in hell she was going to get them taken away from her, not without a fight.

Now when Zark started listing directions to clean herself up and further treat her soon-to-be hurting bottom the Pilot groaned and stood upright. She took a look herself and did notice that it was red but since she didn't feel any pain she wanted to dismiss the medic's worries. In reality, she wasn't feeling much of anything, her skin was probably numb or in shock still and once all the pain arrived at once in a few minutes Via was going to regret her poor decisions.

"Ughhh...fine...ain't no one probin' shit." Via exasperated as she turned around dragged her feet back to the pond and plopped down in the water. "Fuck!" she yelled as feeling returned along with the stinging pain. Quickly she cleaned the sand off before running back to Zark who had already started cleaning up the mess she made. The Andorian asked her a question, why Via hadn't gone to the cafe that was only one level up in the Arboretum when she was starving. Presented with this realization the woman did a double take at the cafe and Zark. "What?! You tellin' me a joint been her this entire time?! This ship is too confusin'" A wave of pain hit her ass again and Via grabbed her cheeks in response. "Shit balls, fuck!" She yelled before fast walking to the door, hands still on her ass. "I gotta go Zark, I'll call your ass later!" The pilot zoomed out of there, hands on her bare butt, no pants or uniform shirt. A nice second day on the Theurgy.

Reply #16

Zark closed her lips really hard as her eyes danced.  It really wasn't funny, Via was having the worst of it trying to get the sand off everything below her waist, but the sheer absurdity was almost too much to handle.  The Andorian probably could have gotten away with laughing her ass off at this point, but she held on to her lips hard as the pilot dunked herself into the pond.  The temptation to keep laughing died though when her suspicions were confirmed that the pilot was essentially too new to the ship simply didn't know where anything was.  The Andorian was about to sigh and offer commiserations for the pilot when she suddenly grabbed her inflamed butt cheeks and bolted out the door sans most of her clothing.

Zark blinked.  How long does it take to get used to something like that?  Her butt looks in rough shape. The security officer shook her head as she quietly gathered up the pilots things and decided to hold on to them until she could return them.  Next was putting Saucer back in his carrier.  He'd also had enough and decided that going home to explore corners to be pampered there was a good change of pace.  Somewhat overloaded, the smiling Andorian gathered up everything in both arms musing that even with taking the time to gather up everything and moving slowly, there was a chance she'd still make it back to her quarters, two vectors away, before the pilot did.  Not likely, but still possible with someone this confused about the ship's layout.  The Andorian hoped Via had the presence of mind to ask Thea for help if she got lost, especially since she was pretty much running through the ship effectively naked.

As the medic left the arboretum, she resolved to leave a message reminding the pilot about what to use and how to use it to so she'd heal more quickly.  Taking one last look around for any items she hand's grabbed yet, Zark found nothing and grabbed her cat carrier.  "Okay Saucer, let's go home.  It's been a damn interesting day."

~FIN~

Simple Audio Video Embedder