Skip to main content
Topic: Award Poll: Blaze of Glory Award 2021 (Read 2970 times) previous topic - next topic

Award Poll: Blaze of Glory Award 2021

Often we see the completion of a character's life; yet this character's story has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. The writer not only willingly self-terminated their character, but did so in a dramatic and/or endearing way. The ending must be in "a blaze of glory" with superior epic or poetic quality.

The poll will run for 3 days, in which those who cast their vote should always take their time to read the linked scenes first. The award should be based on the award criteria and not because you personally like the nominee(s) overall. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Blaze of Glory Award. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on yourself.

Here are the nominations, with more information on the nominated writers & threads:

NOMINATION 01: AUCTOR LUCAN

Forum Name of Nominee: @Auctor Lucan
Reason for Nomination: "A lack of notable deaths."
Motivation & Links (by nominator):
Epilogue: Inverse Soul
"My nomination for Lucan is for the death of the NPC Sonja Acreth. When I first came across this post, I was cataloguing "death" posts for the Memorial wall page, and it struck me in the reading how helpless the character was in those final moments, knowing that she had held the future in her hands but had lost it and so doomed the galaxy to a repeated loop once again. My hat is off to you Auctor for your prose."

NOMINATION 02: NOLAN

Forum Name of Nominee: @Nolan
Reason for Nomination: "A lack of notable deaths."
Chapter 07: Cost of Truth
"Nolan, where to begin. You and Brutus make up the old guard of writers that are still present with the sim even coming up on 10 years later. And though her death was quiet, Edena's passing allowed for the birth of another character, Amelya Rez, nee Duv. What better meaning behind death than to bring about new life from it."

NOMINATION 03: ELLEN FITZ

Forum Name of Nominee: @Ellen Fitz
Reason for Nomination: "I'm always a fan of Ellen's writing, and having her kill off a Cold War era cross was fascinating to me."
For the love of Alice
"For the love of Alice while being an AU thread is very much worth of this award. sure, it doesn't have main story implications, but I do adore the way in which it was done. And due to the dearth of *actual* deaths, hey, why not right? I think it was very well done, and it was an enjoyable piece of writing. Read it, you'll all love it."

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder