Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357384 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #5300
Heyo Wolves (fly people, errant children, cubs?, puppies!),

This is your final warning to reply in Returning Wolf Leader before I end it and send everyone off for some real work.

Feat: some wolf puppies. Tag yourselves. [Show/Hide]

Reply #5301
Heyo Wolves (fly people, errant children, cubs?, puppies!),

This is your final warning to reply in Returning Wolf Leader before I end it and send everyone off for some real work.

Feat: some wolf puppies. Tag yourselves. [Show/Hide]
Thanks! I made one post but honestly didn't see much else to post there.

Side note my delay with posting will be over come tomorrow night 

Reply #5302
Hi All  this coming week there will in all likely hood be delays in my posting. I am appearing in another play. "Carrie's War" by Nina Bawden.

I'll catch up as soon as possible.

Reply #5303
Hi All  this coming week there will in all likely hood be delays in my posting. I am appearing in another play. "Carrie's War" by Nina Bawden.

I'll catch up as soon as possible.
Hey!  That sounds awesome!  Have fun!
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #5304
Hey guys! So like I said on Discord Im going somewhere with no wifi access for the rest of the month. Ill be back by July 1st though so it shouldn't be long. Just wanted to let you know incase I don't respond for a while :)

Reply #5305
That are some bitter news. As I said multiple times: Real life comes first, always. Even if it means to let something like this come to an end. It is sad and it hurts. It carries years of passion and work. A legacy. Something that shaped Star Trek Fandom. Over ten years of ongoing collaboration. That is an impressive achievement no one can take away from you @Auctor Lucan .

T h a n k   y o u.

Thank you for letting us participate in this sim and be part of something bigger. You not only created a sim and managed to plot and bundle some story plot lines. You created a community with dozens of people around the world connecting via the need to create and write their own stories based of a science fiction tv series. You created a community for people who loved the universe and enjoyed the possibilities and the creative room you provided. I can imagine that some of these people you met here became your friends which is something special in its own way.

Spock once said: “The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few” which is clearly an altruistic and logical view of things and made sense in The Wrath of Khan but sadly life is no feature film and, in the newsletter, you explained your reasoning. I think everyone here can understand where you were coming from. I for myself can and I wish you all the best for you and your family. I hope we can stay connected, and that the sim will stay in pleasant memory.

Nero

Reply #5306
Forum Copy

If anyone wants it, this is a copy of every board, thread and post of the Theurgy story up to this exact moment, not including the OOC board, just because the OOC board is a monster. The process isn't perfect, to be sure. The formatting hasn't been preserved, and there may be errors. Regardless, it exists. No matter what happens to this site, we'll have a copy of the entire Theurgy story.

Of course, feel free to download the folder and do what you like with it. I'll run the script again in December and update the folder, assuming nothing changes.

Reply #5308
That's awesome, Griff! 

Reply #5309
Hey folks. Just as a note: for a while, maybe a month or two, events in my life will make it difficult to write. I've been struggling to be creative lately even before this (sorry!), and that is unlikely to change soon. I'm going to try to catch up this week, but that may be the last you hear from me for a while in terms of Theurgy posts. Activity on Discord may fluctuate as well, depending on what's happening.

Reply #5311
Hey folks, just a reminder that we have another poll up, deadline is the 31st. Would love as much input as possible:

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php?topic=3518.new#new

Reply #5312
Apologies for being out of all the discussions, I have been horribly busy with my thesis. 

Reply #5313
Hey hey

For everyone who would like to make some changes to their character, we created a form for Butterfly Effect Changes. This is not for new characters and not for removing characters, just requesting changes to already existing characters. Then we can work down the list and make sure we get to everyone.

If you already mentioned it to me in discord, please fill this out anyway so you can get on the spreadsheet!

Reply #5314
Over the last week or so there has been a lot of interest in understanding what the policy regarding characters for writers will be going forward, given all the changes that we are processing. This is perfectly understandable. After some deliberation and consideration, our intent is to stick with the current path we have been using (successfully) over these many years. Currently, folks can have a maximum of 4 player characters (provided they keep to a posting rate over a period of time to earn eligibility for each new character past their initial), and can, through the expenditure of story points, gain a 5th character (generally this is adopting a previously created character currently being NPC'd by the staff or in stasis and up for inheritance). As this system has been put in place to keep writers from over extending themselves and has mostly worked without major hitch, it is the system that we will keep in place going forward.

That said, given the amount of change, it is understandable that folks might feel detached from current characters that they write. We all grow and change after all and sometimes distance develops between a writer and their characters. Given that we are rolling out a ton of changes and settling on our course forward, it seems reasonable to allow folks to rotate characters they are no longer connecting with for either an existing character in stasis/up for inheritance, or submit an application for a new character to be reviewed by the application team and the admin staff (once the former is set up and we have a process lined out - I know, a lot of planning to still do!).

In addition, we are entertaining the use of the Butterfly Effect to roll out changes to characters you want to keep. I'm not letting any of you become Q's or the like so don't ask (no one seriously has). But otherwise we did set up a form for butterfly effect requests. If you don't ask, we can't give feedback, so please submit through the Butterfly Effect Change Request Form.

Wordy announcement, but TL;DR - character limits and earning character slots stays the same. We will be willing to play Character Musical Chairs to a degree.

Reply #5316

ARVEN LEUX IS BACK IN ACTION....

Everyone please congratulate @Dumedion  on inheriting Arven Leux.

Lt. Arven Leux         Asst. Chief Medical Officer

- Writer:  

@Dumedion has maintained a posting rate well enough to qualify for a new character and has chosen to inherit one of our available doctors.

Lt. Leux transferred over the from the USS Oneida and has taken up one of the Assistant Chief Medical officers aboard the USS Theurgy. Born and raised in Starfleet, a former Cardassian POW and an avid player of chess, Arven has been thrown into the thick of it since learning the truth of the infestation of Starfleet Command. @Dumedion has inherited the character and made some updates to his background. Anyone in need of a Doctor should feel free to reach out!

Congratulations on your new character, @Dumedion  ! 

Reply #5318
Congrats @Dumedion!

On a totally different front:  AL has several NPCs. Might it be possible to leave those in place should he find time to participate in the sim? I hate to just shut him out. And TY Griff for the Backup of the forums. Let us hope we can migrate everything over with too much difficulty but it's good to have JIC.

Ensign Mia Dunne   [Show/Hide]

Kelistina (Kel) Kavot Droga   [Show/Hide]

Reply #5321

WELCOME BACK TO A RETURNING MEMBER!

Everyone please welcome back @BipSpoon  who has returned to the SIMM. They were looking to come back prior to our pausing general activities and we have been able to restore their access. They will be rejoining the story in progress as we exit the Prologue of Episode 2 and roll into the meat of the upcoming events.

Which brings me to the next announcement:

CHANGING THE GUARD

Working with AL, we have transferred site ownership and administration over to my account. This includes the Forum, the Wiki, the backend database and the domain hosting. For now, we will not be switching hosts. When the renewal window with our current host comes up in January I'll make the payment and the site will continue without interruption. So y'all don't need to worry about backing up each individual post (unless you want to - redundancy is good, redundancy is good). In short, we don't have to worry about the plug being pulled in 4 months time.

Related to the above transition of ownership, AL continues to have full admin access so that he can (when able) assist in helping me with any technical aspects as we continue forward. Star Trek Theurgy wouldn't have gotten this far without Auctor Lucan and it is my hope that we can continue the story in his honor.

PROGRESSING THE STORY

As you will be seeing over the next few days, more posts will be dropped into the Prologue: Edge of Chaos [Day 01|0900 hrs.] thread. Be sure to keep an eye on it for the unfolding updates as we get ready to launch the mission. The crew will be split up across multiple episodes, and there should be PM threads going now on the boards to help coordinate across departments and objectives. Please check those if you haven't already.

CELEBRATING 57 YEARS OF STAR TREK

Lastly, it feels fitting to note that today is Star Trek Day, the 57th anniversary of the premier of the Original Series. It is also the 50th anniversary of Star Trek: The Animated Series. As we look back on more than half a century of Star Trek, it feels only right to look forward to continuing our own story and its new chapter. May we continue to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and bodly go where no one has gone before.

[Show/Hide]

Reply #5322
Hey all- I will be on vacation from September 21 through October 1.   I am taking my laptop but internet connection will be spotty at best and opportunities to log in will be spottier. 

That said, I’m planning on doing a bit of offline writing so if I owe anyone posts when I leave.

Reply #5323
Hello, Theurgy!

NEW EPISODE CHAPTERS ARE LIVE

Chapter starters have been posted up for the new episode. Writers have been tagged in their respective threads, and all the new main chapter threads are now pinned for ease of finding. Threads are as follows:

Chapter 1: Outside Looking In [ Day 1 | 1345 ]
Chapter 2: DIS Engage [ Day 1 | 1259 ]
Chapter 3: Stand and Deliver [ Day 1 | 1258 ]
Chapter 4: When you wish upon a star [ Day 1 | 1400 ]
Chapter 5: And so it begins [ Day 1 | 1355 ]

As noted in the bottom of each thread, there will be optional side game quests within each chapter that particpants in the main thread can try and work into their posts at some point. These are secret and handed out to individual players if they are interested. No pressure, but if you're up for it, please reach out to GMs.

BUTTERFLY EFFECT CHANGES

At 0900, as the Theurgy enters slipstream, the Butterfly Effect Changes take place. Aside from Sarresh and his migraine, everyone will think the universe has always been this way, and will not notice the changes.

• Hathev is now 5’8” tall
  • Daniel Havenborn is married to two Starfleet officers currently serving aboard the Theurgy
  • The Neo-Eastern Coalition on Mars is now a semi-autonomous Federation protectorate
  • XamotZark zh’Ptrell’s faceclaim is now Nata Lee

• Thomas Ravon’s faceclaim is now Ryan Eggold

CHARACTERS FOR INHERITANCE

Finally we come to the matter of new characters available for inheritance. Based on internal conversations within the Admin team, as well as with various users, the following characters are up for inheritance:

Please note that this means the rest of AL's characters are, for the time being, going to be run as NPC's by the Admin staff as based on story needs. Their fates will be revealed as the story progresses.

Reply #5324
And on a personal note, I have family coming into town this weekend, and the weekend of the 13th. I'll be pretty much out of contact both of those weekends, Thursday Nights, through Sunday evenings each time.

Simple Audio Video Embedder