Star Trek: Theurgy

Star Trek: Theurgy | Season 2 => Interregnum 01-02 S2 => Topic started by: Eirual on March 11, 2022, 02:32:20 PM

Title: Day 05 [0900 hrs.] Getting out and about!
Post by: Eirual on March 11, 2022, 02:32:20 PM
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] ATTN: @Luciain  @Number6 @Auctor Lucan

It was fairly quiet in the recovery room. After her little adventure yesterday, she was more than happy to just wait.  Mia felt sore still, but that was to be expected when you run all over the place before you are ready to be released.  The Andorian Security officer, Zark, had definitely made an impression. "Damn, that woman could look downright scary!" Mia thought to herself as she lay there. She could hear that activity had picked up out in the main section of sickbay. Alpha shift was now in full swing and soon someone would be checking on those still in the recovery room. 

Mia sat up in the bed and slid her feet off the bed.  She would be more than happy to get the heck out of here and get back to her own quarters and back on duty, that is if she still had quarters. She'd spent most of the night trying to catch up on everything that had transpired in the six months she'd been in stasis.  To say that a lot had happened was a gross understatement.  She was still trying to wrap her head around the number of battles that the Theurgy had suffered through.   And all while she'd been frozen like a popsicle. It amazed her that they were still in one piece after reading some of the reports that V-Nine had provided.  And she had totally missed the multi-vector move. That totally sucked since she had really wanted to experience that. Who knows, maybe some other time she would get to see what it was like and not sleep through the whole thing.

Mia sighed and stretched out her arms to the side. Just stretching pulled the scars on her back, but at least her ribs didn't complain quite so much anymore.  She sighed and slid off the bed, grabbing the robe and slipping it over the gown. She slid her feet into the slippers and shuffled around the room to get rid of the anxiousness she was feeling about her future.   She was in mid step when the door opened and she glanced over her shoulder to see who it was and almost tripped over her own two feet.

OOC: Added Auctor just in case he wanted V-Nine to make an appearance as well.

Title: Re: DAY 5 [0900 hrs.] Getting out and about!
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 13, 2022, 03:08:00 PM
[ Captain Ives (https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Captain_Jien_Ives) | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Eirual
[Show/Hide]
About to leave sickbay, Captain Jien Ives had finished his medical treatment in one of the med labs. He had decided that instead of leaving through the lobby, he would leave through the exit in the recovery ward instead. He was adjusting the sleeves of his uniform, his thoughts on the reports from the officers that had encountered the Tal Shiar on Qo'noS the day before - and what that meant for the mission as a whole - so he didn't take note of the patients in the ward right away.

With another treatment of his morphogenic matrix complete - damaged as it had been by Gorka's dagger in the Great Hall - Ives felt more solid in his male form, no longer having to exert as much effort to keep it. The trauma to his matrix lingered still, however, in how it was still unstable. The deep wound itself had been a small matter, sequenced away quickly, but after the torture he'd suffered at the hands of Semathal on the Versant, and rescuing Sarresh Morali out of an acidic lake on Theta Eridani IV, his matrix had never truly recovered fully. He really had no reason to complain when compared to the plights of other patients, and the treatments were a small price to pay since he'd prevented the former head of House Mo'Kai from killing Chancellor Martok by stepping in his way. Whilst bracing against the force of the large Klingon, taking the blade in Martok's stead, he had also skewered Gorka upon his sword with that step. Whilst holding the Klingon in place with his blade, bracing against his attempt to come free, the others of the Theurgy crew had stepped in and ended the usurper's life. Martok then held his speech which turned the Klingon High Council to see the merit in the Theurgy's mission, and opened their eyes to the Empire's new enemy. The Infested. That speech was making its rounds even beyond the Beta Quadrant at that point.

Sufficed to say, he had been chastised when coming to sickbay given how poor a state his matrix had been left in, but with advanced regeneration methods in the med lab and a strict doctrine of shifting his form often to regain his health, they had said he would make a full recovery sooner or later.

A woman on on her feet caught his attention, since usually the patients were recovering on their biobeds, and he turned his oaken eyes her way. She seemed... very familiar. Not at all a recent addition from the Bellerophon or the Oneida, or even the Resolve. In fact, he was certain he had seen her well before then. Even when...

"Ensign Dunne?" he realised, and spoke her name as soon as he could place her face among those of his original crew. A scientist that had been put into stasis early on in the flight from Earth. He smiled faintly, pleased to see someone whom had been a part of the crew before Command had declared them traitors. Someone who could remember a time of normalcy. "I wasn't informed a treatment for you injuries had been found, at last. How are you?"

It certainly was a good sign that she was in the recovery ward, meaning that she was bound to return to duty soon enough.
Post by: Number6 on April 13, 2022, 10:49:10 PM
[ Lt. Vanya | Upper Science Labs  | Deck 7 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Eirual @Auctor Lucan

Vanya sat at her desk reading the latest duty rosters.   It had been less then a week since she had become the Chief Science Officer, but being an Andorid, she had already committed the roster to memory.    Which made it more surprising when she saw a new addition to her roster.   For a nano second, Vanya thought they had taken on another clandestine shipment of crew, yet it was someone who had quite a history on Theurgy.   Someone who’s time predated her.   Mia Dunne.   

After calling up the human’s personnel file, Vanya was impressed –  she thought that more xenoarcheology expertise could only be a boon for the team.   The idea of an ancient artefact capable of stopping the parasite certainly would be a great help.   

But a different thought presented itself.   Having someone emerge from the cryogenics pods and into the department, instead of being taken out of the morgue and being loaded into an empty torpedo casing would be a great boon to morale.   She set down her PADD and headed out of the room.    
Vanya felt pride as she walked through the corridor, her team were busy at work, helping each other, a passionate discussion about viral protein inhibition was going on in one corner.    Two officers were passionately discussing the best approaches for configuring the department’s quantum scanner.     And in the next room, there was a debate about Borg Nanoprobes.  
She was about to butt in, but a third crewman explained that the modficiations required to the nanoprobes would essentially make them unstoppable.    It would be like using a flame throwers to deal with a mouse infestation.

She stepped into the turbolift, and headed for Sickbay.   Mia went from stasis, to medical leave, and was currently in recovery.   She entered the room, the Captain was already in there talking to her.    Of course.   Vanya Mused. “The old guard.”    

“Oh sorry” she said aloud.  Conscious of not wanting to overcrowd the recovering patient she continued “I wanted to introduce myself, I can come back.”   
Post by: Eirual on April 14, 2022, 12:29:24 AM
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward |Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy]

Mia’s jaw dropped at the sight of the Captain walking through the door. Struggling to keep her balance she quickly turned to face hir as he spoke her name, “C-Captain Ives? “  He’d seemed surprised to find her here. She wondered if he had even known anyone was in this area. She brought herself to attention despite her attire, “I... Yes, Sir, Apparently that android, V-Nine, did all the work. I guess I should thank ...it.” She allowed a small smile to come to her face, “Other than ready to get out of here, I guess I am good. Sir. Although I am told I still have some recovering to do.”  She wondered if he’d heard about her little excursion the night before with the engineer that had already been released. Lord, she hoped that wasn’t why hir was here. “May I just say that I am very glad to see you. I’ve been trying to catch up on all that has happened since.. well , you know.” She shifted slightly, feeling the guilt hit her once more at the loss of the others. “I am looking forward to getting back to work as soon as I can. May I ask h...”

Just as she was in the middle of asking how he was, someone else entered the room.  After two days of near lack of communication with anyone outside of Medical, it was almost a shock to have two officers come to see her, and with one of them being the Captain it was more than enough to send her thoughts racing in a myriad of directions. Was there something specific they wanted her to do? Were they here to see her or looking for someone else? Too many questions with no answers to be had. 

Mia glanced to the newcomer and then to the Captain. Since he most definitely outranked her Mia was fairly certain that he would be the one to dismiss the other officer or allow her to stay. The only thing Mia could tell in her quick perusal was that this person was a member of the science department.  She waited for the Captain to speak first, after all, she was just an Ensign.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 30, 2022, 03:24:44 PM
[ Captain Ives (https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Captain_Jien_Ives) | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Eirual
[Show/Hide]
Hearing that Mia Dunne was pleased to see him, made Jien smile, inclining his head in gratitude to the words. After all, given the many twists and turns of the mission since the Ensign was put on ice, it was no certain thing that he'd remained in command of the Theurgy or even alive.

Just when Dunne was about to ask a question, however, the Chief Science Officer made herself known, appearing in the Recovery Ward and likely meaning to speak to the Ensign. What happened was a situation in which both the women - one android and one human - reached an impasse in which neither knew whom to speak first, so Jien smiled and spoke instead.

"Ensign Dunne, this is Lieutenant Vanya, our new Chief Science Officer and also your new superior officer. I take it you meant to come to visit Dunne, Lieutenant?" Then, Jien turned to the woman in the robe. "Ensign Dunne is one of our original crew here on the Theurgy, and she's been in stasis since we fled Earth - more or less. Fortunately enough, it seems V-Nine was programmed with some kind of Savi miracle treatment that was able to preserve her life through her surgeries. I recall reports saying that the medical officers had a bit of trouble coming up with a way to keep you alive after removing you from stasis, but the android seem to have had an ace up her sleeve."

Having said this, Jien realised that V-Nine was presently not the only android in sickbay, given the arrival of Vanya. "Speaking of which, Vanya," Jien said, thinking about the good reputation that Lieutenant Commander Data had in Starfleet, and smiled, "why don't you let your new science officer in on what isn't readily apparent about you?"

OOC: Damn, my apologies, I got two notifications for this thread whereas I thought it was just one of them. I didn't realise I was up. My bad!
Post by: Number6 on May 16, 2022, 10:17:45 PM
[ Lt. Vanya | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn @Auctor Lucan @Eirual

“I did, Sir”   said Vanya.   Reflecting on her own stints of downtime, either her time in stasis or offline after some misshap, which was fairly regular on Theurgy all told.  “When I saw you move from the critical list to the recovery list I thought I should introduce myself.    I took a look at your record before I came over very impressive.”    
Vanya couldn’t help feel a bit sheepish as the Captain brought attention to her status as an aritificial being.   Still it wasn’t something she hid away from.    Still, Vanya was flattered that the Captain considered her to be worthy of study by a xenobiologist, in her right as a life form, and not a curio for a cyberneticist.   She decided to try to diffuse the situation with humour.   

“As you've never tried my New York Cheesecake, which is to die for, I take it you mean the fact that I’m an android?”  She said trying to sound a humble as possible.   “Not as up to spec as a Soong type, but worthy of a few pages in some journal somewhere.”  
Vanya was familiar with the concepts from earths speculative fiction of “future shock”.     The fact that she was being looked after by an automaton, and her new boss is also aritifical, well, it could be a bit much, Vanya mused.  

“Well.”  Vanya said at last.   “There will be plenty of time for discussions about Androids and parasites and all that other fun stuff later.   Please, excuse me.   Rest up and when you are ready, we will get you back in the thick of it.    It’s going to be great to have somebody come back for a change.”  
Post by: Eirual on May 19, 2022, 10:21:57 PM
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] ATTN: @Auctor Lucan @Number6

Mia looked at the Chief of Science in surprise. She blinked a couple of times as she gathered her thoughts. She was surrounded by androids all of the sudden and it was definitely an odd feeling to know that they could look like anything but an android. Mia nodded to the lieutenant, “Yes, Ma’am. It’s good to be back I guess. I am eager to get back to work. “ Mia wasn’t sure what to say about someone coming back for a change. She felt a little embarrassed, truth be told, at being ...well, asleep for six months and not being a contributing part of the crew for all that time. But rather a burden on the ships valuable resources.

She glanced over at Ives, then back to Vanya once more and smiled, “I’m not sure how much help I would have been, but I am sorry I was not able to assist for so long. As soon as I am allowed back on duty I will get back to work right away. I think six months is a long enough time to rest.” Mia could feel her face heating a little as she blushed slightly, ”And if you have time, Lt. I would love to have a discussion on your biological ...ah... status. If that is acceptable of course?”

She would have loved to find out more about the Captain as well, but something told her not to push hir for an interview. Maybe when things calmed down she would, but until then, she would just have to wait. Although she would love to get a hold of the Captain medical records, which would have a lot of information she could study. After all, Captain Ives was the only member of his race she had ever met. It would be interesting to study hirs genome. She had been looking at Ives as she had been think of all this and it was clearly evident in her eyes that her thoughts were a trillion miles away.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 31, 2022, 11:44:24 AM
[Show/Hide]
The joke about Vanya's cooking skills made Jien chuckle a little, shaking her head. She hoped her Chief Science Officer didn't feel too called out by having her nature brought up, but given Jien's progressive view on A.I. technology and the rights of sapient non-biological life-forms, she didn't feel that there was anything wrong with talking about Vanya's nature, since she found it an achievement of Vanya's to overcome the bias of Starfleet Academy and any other kinds of obstacles that may have thrown a spanner in her service record.

In fact, she was more than pleased that her former First Officer - Anya Zeigler - had named Vanya her Chief Science Officer on the Cayuga. It told Jien that Ziegler had stayed true to her morals even when being named a Commanding Officer in her own right, remembering long conversations she'd had with the woman in regard to Thea and her presence aboard the Theurgy.

"You are far too modest, Vanya," Jien merely said, and then looked at Mia Dunne, whom lamented or even apologised for her time being out of commission and unable to aid in their mission. "Oh, no need to apologise. You were severely hurt, and no one could possibly hold that against you. I look forward to seeing you back in the Science Department, however, and that your recovery will be swift and without complications. So far, V-Nine has not let us down with her creative methods of surgery, and she's been bringing long lost crew out of stasis for more than a month now."

Mia then spoke to Vanya, wishing to speak further with her new superior officer in the Science Department about her android nature. There was the curiosity of a true science officer, and Jien was pleased to see that Mia remained herself despite what she'd been through. Jien saw it fit to excuse herself, since she had matters to attend after her treatment in the medical lab.

"I will leave you two to it, but it is good seeing you back at your feet, Ensign. Good day to you both."

With that, Jien left the Recovery Ward, thinking about how seeing old crew members restored to health had a positive effect on her mood. Understandable, perhaps, given all the losses she'd seen over the past six months.
Post by: Eirual on June 09, 2022, 06:03:31 AM
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy[/]]

ATTN : @Number6  @Auctor Lucan

Mia smiled ever so slightly at the Captain’s comment to the Chief of Science. Although her mind had already been a million miles away, she turned her attention back to the Senior officers. She was surprised that the Android had been on board that long. What was more shocking was that apparently there were a lot of crew being revived from stasis.  

While Mia was waiting for Vanya’s reply to her inquiry, the Captain made hirs farewells. Mia nodded to Ives, “It’s .. um.. good to be back, Captain.”  She watched as Ives exited through to other door. Maybe one day I can get Ives to sit down for a session about hirs physiology she thought as she watched the door close.

She turned her attention back to the Chief of Science. “I am more than ready to get back to work,” Mia said as she picked up a PADD, “I’ve been trying to catch up on what has transpired the last six months. I know I still have a lot to read and From what I gather, there’s really not been any one filling in at my position. I am sure there is a lot of work to catch up on there as well.”

Post by: Number6 on June 19, 2022, 08:17:07 PM
Lt. Vanya | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy[ attn @Eirual

Vanya had been where Mia was, at least metaphorically speaking.      Damaged, weakened, pushed to the brink of destruction.      Although rare, Vanya had been out of commission on a few occasions.    Being robbed of her health was one of her least favourite experiences.

Disproving the idiom about Doctors making the worst patients, Vanya felt that those in Starfleet made the worst patients - their willingness to get back into the field while ignoring their own frailty could be dangerous.    

“Looking at your record” Vanya said “it would be hard to replace you even if we had access to the best of Starfleet.   Everyone has helped out where they can, but yes you’ve been missed.    Not just in your job but in shipboard life.” She gestured towards the door that Ives had left through.   “We’ve had people killed, blown up, chopped up infected and lost on the depths of space.    It weights on the Captain and…” she paused thinking about Nat “And the rest of the command team”.    

She let the thought hang in the air.   There was no sense in going into Venus’s personal life right now.    
Despite everything they had been through it was still a time for celebration

“Carry on getting well, you’re doing a great job of raising morale just by living.”

But then there was the life of a Starfleet officer where you need to serve.    She disconnected Mia’s record from her PADD and started to load it with other records.    

“These are various reports on cultures that have faced being like the enemy.    It might be nothing but take a look and let me know if see smy patterns”

Post by: Eirual on June 22, 2022, 11:45:43 PM
[Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward |Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] ATTN: @

Mia turned her attention to the Science chief once Jien had exited. She blushed slightly at the comment about being hard to replace. While the compliment was nice to hear she seriously doubted it veracity. And as for shipboard life, she hadn’t really done much more than eat, sleep, and work. She really hadn’t gotten the time to engage with much more than that. When she thought about it, it was a rather sad existence. She vowed to herself that she would do better this time. Mia winced at the blunt description Vanya gave of the demise of some of the crew over the past six months.  But the woman did have a point, it had to be difficult for the command staff dealing with the loss of so many good people. Mia had felt overwhelmed at the loss of only a few.

“I thank you, but I doubt that just my still being alive has improved moral, since I don’t think too many people even knew me, and those that knew me best are among those we lost,” Mia stated quietly.

She watched as Vanya moved her fingers over the controls of her PADD. She took the device when it was offered to her to look at the data held therein, “I’ll look it over carefully and see what I can determine from the data provided.”  Mia glanced down to the PADD and back up to Vanya’s face, “When can I resume my duties, Ma’am? “
Title: Re: Day 05 [0900 hrs.] Getting out and about!
Post by: Number6 on August 23, 2022, 11:19:38 PM
[Lt. Vanya|Recovery Ward |Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] ATTN: @Eirual l

"I understand it doesn't seem that way, but it's true."     Vanya said recognising the dejection.     "Even amongst those who don't know you yet. " She vaguely gestured in the direction of the cryo Chambers        "Anyone coming out of there is a cause for celebration.     The only thing better is walking out of the morgue."     She thought further, specifically dwelling t her own isolation when she had first joined 5he Cayuga.     In fact she thought of Laskey her first boss that treated her like a real person and not something to be ignored or feared.    Asking after her socially, and looking after her personally "And for those of us who have yet to get to know you, well we've just gotten a new family member." 

Moving to business.   She began to index and cross reference files on her PADD.     She  wasn't sure if  Mia's clearance codes had been reactivated so gave her interim access.      

Vanya handed Dunne the pad.      She felt a sting in her heart. On one hand she understood the desire to jump back in.     On the other they had to put her needs first.      A hurt crewman was as much a risk as a restored one was a boom.    Vanya decided to be a friend 

"As your commanding officer I'm supposed to say when the time is right."     She placed a friendly hand on Mia's shoulder.    Almost checking that there wasn't anyone within earshot.     

"As a kindred scientist I'll say I'll be happy to have you back as soon as you get the all clear from here."

Title: Re: Day 05 [0900 hrs.] Getting out and about!
Post by: Eirual on August 27, 2022, 02:24:33 AM
[ Ens. Mia Dunne | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy]
Attn: @Number6

Mia gave the woman a nervous smile. She could understand the Chief of Science’s position as head of the department. But she also appreciated that the lieutenant understood her desire to get back to work.  She still was uncomfortable with the thought that people she hadn’t met would be celebrating her return. I just seemed so surreal, at least to Mia’s way of thinking. “Thank you, Ma’am,“ Mia said as she accepted the PADD, “I really appreciate you allowing me to at least familiarize myself with the events of the last six months.”

Mia took a breath as the Vanya placed a hand on her shoulder, feeling more at ease, “I’ll make sure I am cleared before heading to the lab. I know there is a lot I need to catch up on.”  She allowed her smile to become a little more friendly, “as for people I haven’t met yet, that would be almost everyone, except for a few other science officers and the captain. I am sure you can relate to spending more time in the lab than anywhere else.”

Mia knew she also needed to go to her quarters and get settled before she headed to the lab. She vaguely wondered if she would have the same room or if she had been assigned new accommodations. She mentally shrugged and thought to herself that she would find out soon enough.  

Bringing her thoughts back to her current situation and gave the chief of science a nod, “It will be an honor to work with you Lieutenant Vanya. I will do my utmost to be a most productive member of your department.”

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder