Skip to main content
Topic: CHAPTER 04: Invictus [05: Anodyne] (Read 16165 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CHAPTER 04: Invictus [05: Anodyne]

Reply #25
[ Dr. Nicander | Corridor | Deck 02 ] Attn: Hylota Vojona, Heather McMillan, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark, Simon Tovarek & Rory Callahan

The two women who had been with Dr. Nicander so far would accompany him the rest of the way, even if Hylota was injured and Heather was no more a soldier than Lucan was. Hylota suggested how she might assist in keeping the mutineers inside the cargo hold, perhaps devaluing herself a bit too much in her suggestion, and Heather made the sound judgement call that they had to warn Vasser that the Calamity was on her way. Lucan was about to voice his agreement with the Radiant, but the Harbinger's helmswoman immediately put the very same idea to action.

[System Access granted,] said Thea to the former Marquis, and besides asking for restored authorisations, Aisha S'Iti gave voice to reason.

"Thea, if the main bridge is unaware please advise Vasser of current proximity and location of Calamity and advise him to activate CONN Override Preset Calamity Protocol One and advise use of the manual control column.  Once we arrive..."

Hearing this, Lucan gave the Radiant a smile where she stood with the bundles of xenon canisters. "Are you sure you belong in a lab, Miss McMillan?" he asked rhetorically, then Tovarek - the new Chief Science Officer - moved to aide them, and Lucan was rather grateful that he had ideas on how to disperse the xenon effectively since he had not yet recovered from using his inborn abilities on Deck 03. He would not be able to move the air in the cargo hold without risking that he fell unconscious in the attempt. Lucan gave the bearded man a grateful - and quite genuine - nod as he came to stand by Hylota and ask how she fared.

In the end, Stark made the obvious call to accompany the Cardassian, who had the best chance of piloting Thea as well as Winterbourne once had. Strange to have heard that the white-haired youth was dead. Lucan would miss the house calls he'd made to the helmsman, but more importantly, he had lost a valuable asset. Natalie Stark, however, was very much alive, and the encouraging smile he gave her looked very much the same that he had given her in the jefferies tubes that morning before the Calamity first attacked them. They'd shared an experience when the Ishtar entity had found them, and before that, they had been at the mercy of the infected in the Garden of Eden. Fate did seem to bring them together, and it was something Lucan meant to exploit if he so could.

The time had come for the two teams to go separate ways. "May the winds carry your purpose," said Lucan to the ones heading up to the Bridge, then singled out the Cardassian with his pale gaze, "and your aim be true."

Then he turned on his heel and led the way down the corridor, hand phaser by his hip and the beast chanting for murder in his mind. If only xenon had been flammable, then he could have arranged for a horrible accident in the cargo hold... In his minds eye, he saw it happen, and the darkness relished the sight. "Let's see if we can take care of those two security guards if they are standing guard outside the door," he said, glancing towards Heather McMillan and wondering if she was prepared to use her strange abilities again. Hylota had to take their place outside the door. "If they aren't, we will gas them along with the rest."

Once they reached the intersection, not a minute later, a quick glance made it was plain that they were not so fortunate, for the guards were right there, and it was up to Heather to - perhaps - blind them before they could be taken out. Lucan looked her way. "We will cover you. Just pretend you want to join the ones inside and then catch them off their guard. Can you do this?"

Simon Tovarek might not have known what what going on, but there was no time to explain.

OOC: Suggested posting order: 1) Hylota answering Tovarek etc. 2) Heather McMillan doing something about the guards 3) Tovarek's reaction to Heather's display and stunning the guards if so required 4) Lucan again

Post with Thea leading the two halves of the strike team coming up in an hour or so.

Reply #26
[ Theugy "Thea" NX-79854 | Corridors - Turbolifts | Deck 02 ] Attn: Fasha, Tessa May Lance, Aisha S'Iti, Sten Covington, Natalie Stark & Rory Callahan

To those who would attempt to seize the Main Bridge, namely Natalie Stark, Aisha S'Iti and Rory Callahan, Thea gave instruction on how to join the strike team that was about to arrive on Deck 02.

[You must make your way to the turbolifts located fifty meters towards the aft. Follow the corridor behind you and await the arrival of Junior Lieutenants Lance and Fasha from the Lone Wolves Squadron. Chief Warrant Officer Covington is with them as well, along with a number of his deck crew. Unless you are already armed, they will be able to provide you with weapons. Go now, because I can see other life-signs moving in on your location with my internal sensors.]

As if that was not incentive enough, the grate that Dr. Nicander had welded shut was suddenly attacked with brute force, and soon, the security personnel that had followed them from Deck 01 would be cutting themselves out. It was a confrontation they couldn't afford.

[Quickly, my sensors tell me that my corridor to the turbolift is clear,] said Thea again.

Once they arrived there, having escaped the mutineers for the time being, the turbolift doors opened as if on cue. The people that Thea had mentioned filed out into the corridor. Tessa May Lance was on point with a phaser rifle, and Fasha was right behind her - the only difference beyond similarities in armament was that the Catachan Colonist wore nothing but undergarments, even if that did not seem to bother her in the least. Then, of course, came Natalie Stark's closest man - Papa bear - with a tail of Bear Cubs filing out behind him. It was only yesterday morning that he'd brought Natalie breakfast and asked how she was holding up. Now, they were were about to try and reclaim the Bridge together.

[My readings say you are all gathered now,] said Thea through the intercom, addressing the two groups as a whole. [On my wall you can see a control panel. I will bring up the layout of Deck 01. I have marked access points, current Harbinger crew locations and the route that two of the guards patrol. Time is of the essence, so I suggest those with appropriate combat experience decide on the method of approach and you move out. Lieutenant Commander Wenn Cinn and his team is just about to liberate Captain Ives. Vasser knows about the presence of the Calamity and setting a course at maximum warp.]

Right then, to emphasise the urgent need for haste, the Red Alert was heard across the whole of the ship. If there was any any lingering doubt as to the fact that the Calamity was coming for them, the whole ship was now aware that they stood divided against a common foe.

[You have an access point to my jefferies tubes behind you,] said Thea, telling them were to go once the plan was set. [I can unlock the doors on Deck 01 as required.]

OOC: Suggested posting order (and to let our newest member's character shine a bit): 1) Fasha, suggesting how they do it 2) Tessa May Lance, to verify and/or alter 3) Aisha S'Iti, to verify and/or alter 4) Sten Covington to verify and/or alter 5) Natalie Stark giving final say or seal of approval as superior officer 6) Optional since Searcher is having health issues: Rory lamenting but will be protecting Natalie? 7) I finish with Thea wishing them luck and setting things up in the next thread.

Reply #27
[ Theurgy "Thea" NX-79854 | Medical Lab 01 | Sickbay | Deck 07 ] Attn: Ryuan Sel, Sarresh Morali & Eve Jenkins

In short order, the vents fell silent and the air was restored to the Medical Lab. The masks remained where they hung, but the lexorin gass had been cleared from the room - revealing the two dead bodies of Freya and Riptide in front of the door - a door that remained locked.

[This is Thea, do you read me?] came the sound from the intercom, [is there anyone present in the medical lab? I can see life-signs but no identities, only two of which just vanished, and they were the only ones wearing combadges. What happened to Frida Armistead and Rillian Hav? Please identify yourselves.]

After this quick verification, Thea continued to speak. [Acknowledged. I can detect that you are synthesising a large amount of Lexorin in the Medical Lab, so given the compound's properties, I'd say that there is a 98,344 % likelihood that you have not only derived the method in which the Theurgy crew was turned against itself, but that you are loyal to Captain Jien Ives. I contact you to tell you that I have not been compromised. My pasitronic brain core has been restored and I will assist you in order to disperse the Lexorin through my Life Support Systems. You do not have to synthesise more of it either, because I can target the areas that the mutineers occupy with the amount that you got as soon as you get the Lexorin plugged into Life Support.]

There was a chirp from the door when it was unlocked - Thea overriding the emergency lock-out system.

[There should be a portable biobed outside the door. Load all of the canisters unto it and make haste. One of you will have to provide cover fire once you leave Sickbay, for there are four of them moving down the corridor outside sickbay, heading towards the Emergency Entrance. Please hurry, because the Lexorin could be the only means to subdue the majority of the mutineers aboard, even if they will not be completely restored unless given corrective treatment through a second mind-meld.]

On top of the haste that the Ship A.I. urged for, the Red Alert klaxon resounded throughout the ship. It could only mean one thing.

[The Calamity is here. Captain Ives is not yet freed from the Brig, and Captain Vasser is still on the Main Bridge. We will not have any chance of survival unless the Theurgy crew is restored to their real selves again. Please, hurry.]

OOC: Suggested Posting Order: 1) Ryuan Sel, where Sirus covers the loading of the Lexorin unto the portable biobed and setting off to leave Sickbay. 2) I will post again with Thea and with the mutineers moving in on them. 3) Sarresh Morali 4) Eve Jenkins (after verification from Searcher due to health issues) 5) Me again, playing Thea and the mutineers

Reply #28
[ Ryuan Sel | Medical Lab 01 | Sickbay | Deck 07 ] Attn: Sarresh Morali & Eve Jenkins

[This is Thea, do you read me?] came the voice of the Theurgy AI from the intercom, [is there anyone present in the medical lab? I can see life-signs but no identities, only two of which just vanished, and they were the only ones wearing combadges. What happened to Frida Armistead and Rillian Hav? Please identify yourselves.]

"They're dead," Sel reported with a sigh as she snatched the commbadges off of the two dead mutineers, pinning on to her standard issue bra and tossing the other to the head nurse. She figured it would be best if she, the only security personnel there, and the highest ranking officer had the badges, they could get a third later. And after taking a deep breath, to calm herself she continued, "Petty Officer 2nd Class Ryuan Sel here with Lieutenant Junior Grade Sarresh Morali and Lieutenant Eve Jenkins." She her thumb over the sensor on the confiscated combadge to set it to identify her as the owner. The last thing they'd need is for the ship's AI to confuse them with the mutineers.

[Acknowledged. I can detect that you are synthesising a large amount of Lexorin in the Medical Lab, so given the compound's properties, I'd say that there is a 98,344 % likelihood that you have not only derived the method in which the Theurgy crew was turned against itself, but that you are loyal to Captain Jien Ives. I contact you to tell you that I have not been compromised. My pasitronic brain core has been restored and I will assist you in order to disperse the Lexorin through my Life Support Systems. You do not have to synthesise more of it either, because I can target the areas that the mutineers occupy with the amount that you got as soon as you get the Lexorin plugged into Life Support.]

There was a chirp from the door when it was unlocked.

[There should be a portable biobed outside the door. Load all of the canisters unto it and make haste. One of you will have to provide cover fire once you leave Sickbay, for there are four of them moving down the corridor outside sickbay, heading towards the Emergency Entrance. Please hurry, because the Lexorin could be the only means to subdue the majority of the mutineers aboard, even if they will not be completely restored unless given corrective treatment through a second mind-meld.]

Sel had just picked up a couple of canisters to head toward the door when the klaxons sounded and the red alert lights flicked on.

[The Calamity is here. Captain Ives is not yet freed from the Brig, and Captain Vasser is still on the Main Bridge. We will not have any chance of survival unless the Theurgy crew is restored to their real selves again. Please, hurry.]

"Well this should be fun," she said as she walked over to the door holding the canisters. Her pulse was still pounding in her ears and though she did her best to stay focused on the task at hand she could not help but feel a growing anxiety. She had been in security for some time now and yet she still wasn't used to actual combat, much less firing on people wearing Starfleet uniform. As the door slid open she glanced around cautiously, spotting the portable biobed across the hall. She didn't see anyone nearby so she made her way over to it. Once there she quickly unloaded the canisters onto the biobed and, pausing once to say a brief prayer and run her finger over the red beads of her earring, hurried back to the lab.

Once inside she picked up her phaser rifle and threw the strap over her shoulder. She looked to the others as she picked up as many canisters as she could manage. "We have a clear shot to the portable biobed, after that I'll take point. I need you two to take these idiots guns," she gestured as best she could to the guns on the floor, "and keep sharp. I'll take point and if there is any trouble I'll tap my badge twice, right?"

Reply #29
[ Lahkesis Saugn | Main Sickbay | Deck 07 |]  Attention: Hayden O'Connor, Phantom, Vinata Vojona & Doctor Maya

The world moved around Lahkesis and yet she was still. She was aware of her friend, Doctor Maya, near her, and then she was not. She felt someone touching her, but then she did not. She could not have been truly sure of either of those two facts, the real world seeming so distant from her current frame of mind. She trembled as tears welled in her pupiless eyes and slide down her pale cheeks. She looked paler than she normally did, the dark red fluid that gave her skin color retreating to her muscles and organs to ensure they had the nutrients and energy to move when the time came.

Though her eyes were open she did not register what was in front of them. In simple terms she had retreated into the farthest corner of her mind. She was in shock, she had never shot anyone before and if she had her choice she would never do it again. She did not really know why she had done it in the first place. She felt like she had no control. It was this, and the fear in the first place, that had thrown her into shock.

All she could do was breath in and out. Carbon dioxide in, oxygen out. Her biology a seemingly a marriage of both that of a mammal and that of a tracheophyte. Carbon dioxide would flood into her body and be quickly converted into sugars that could either be used as energy to move the long fibers that made up her muscles or regrow damaged tissue. The process of doing this would in addition convert water into oxygen, the hydrogen becoming part of the sugars. She would need a long soak in some mineral water after this was all over to regain the liquid water she was losing.

OOC: Yes I know this whole post could be reduced to the words "Lahkesis did nothing" but I felt the need to elaborate on her mental state and at last explain how she breaths. I've been doing some research into plant biology and felt a little bit of info would be a good idea. This also explains why all of Lahkesis's bodily fluids are sweet.

Reply #30
[ Fasha "Morrigan" | Corridors - Turbolifts | Deck 02 ]

Fasha followed Tessa out of the turbolift her own rifle at the ready for any possible threats that they might unexpectedly encounter. Upon seeing no immediate threats she lowered her rifle and moved to stand beside one of the walls of the corridor sparing a glance down the hall every now and then to keep an eye out for any unexpected visitors. She spared a glance to the new additions to the small strike team they'd put together. Her grip on her rifle tightened just a bit not exactly pleased with the numbers they'd gathered. As Thea spoke her eyes were drawn to the control panel on the wall where a display was being brought up for the group to see.

On the display was a blueprint of Deck 01 with illustrations of guard positions and patrol routes. She took a moment devoting every detail she could to memory. Her eyes were drawn to the exit points that Thea's jefferies tubes let out at. She turned her head to Tessa cradling her rifle in her arms "I think we should take the jefferies tubes...We can take control of the outer sections of the deck and work our way inwards." Fasha said extending her finger to point at the exit points in the Yeoman's office and WC and tracing a circle around the deck around the main bridge. "If we can do that we have more entry points to work with than when we began provided we can accomplish our first objective quietly, We'll also have far more room to move our forces around allowing us to give the illusion of a far larger force." Fasha said lowering her hand to her side.

"Judging from the size of the tubes I think we can squeeze two people through each tube without wasting too much time. The rest of the group can insert from the main turbolift letting out into the outer corridor and reinforce the group already on deck once it's secure before we move on to assault the bridge." Fasha said glancing at Tessa. "What do you think?" She asked.

Reply #31
[Dr. Hayden O'Connor | Main Sickbay | Deck 7] Attn: Lahkesis Saughn, Phantom, Vinata Vojona & Doctor Maya

The out of body experience continued for Hayden as the tension that had been building in the room ever since the mutineers first arrived in sickbay boiled over and out in flurry of frenetic  activity.  One moment O'Connor was filled with a blind rage that propelled her to act to ensure their very survival, and the next, it felt like her brain was drained of all its oxygen and her feet were rooted to the floor as events became even more surreal.  She felt not even a twinge of guilt as her boot connected solidly with Phantom's arm and hand.  Hayden knew better than to celebrate at that moment, but she felt a flare of primal satisfaction they were all working together now to take down the man who'd come to embody everything Hayden despised: a man who used his own suffering as an excuse to dominate and violate others.

Then, in an instant, the tide had changed, and Hayden watched in terror and shock as the monster found impossible strength to take out his fury against the most vulnerable being among them, the recently assaulted and psychologically traumatized male Ovri, Vinata.  Her brain screamed at her to do something even as her body refused to comply.  It was Maya who moved the fastest to deliver what would normally be the death blow.  No doubt her repeated exposure to trauma allowed her to take in her emotions and quickly repress them to deal with more immediate matters.

By the time O'Connor remembered the phaser, it was already firing wildly and Hayden ducked for cover to get a handle on whom was where.  The last thing she needed was to get stunned by errant phaser fire and become literally more dead weight.  What felt like an eternity but what was probably only seconds passed, and for a moment, all Hayden could process was her own ragged breaths and Vinata's stunned sobs. 

Maya's simple words were enough to bring her out of her daze, and though her body was fighting to either laugh or cry, she ended up doing neither, as she helped Maya ease the shell that was once known as Phantom off Vinata.  She prayed he was not so traumatized that he was lost to them forever.   "Is anyone else hurt?"

Reply #32
[ Eve Jenkins | USS Theurgy | Medical Lab 01 | Sickbay | Deck 07 ]

It took her longer than it should have to get up off the floor and her hand absently went to one of the oxygen masks but she shook her head and swallowed down the bile.  She was affecting Saresh, could feel his emotional arousal and confusion.  She needed to get away from them, should explain but she couldn't find the words and then Thea's voice broke through her own mind fog.

She and Ryuan were talking, planning, and Eve knew it was their best bet but when the red alert began because of the Calamity and Ryuan suggested she go with her and Saresh, she blanched and shook her head.  "I can't go with you," she said with obvious distress.  "I missed my last injection and my Deltan pheromones are getting stronger and you'll both be in just as much danger around me."

The head nurse looked ... ashamed.  "I've already used it to take out two of the Harbinger crew to try to save those in sickbay and I can stay here, hold off those who would follow you so you can get the Lexorin into the system and Thea can take care of them.  There's no more time to explain, just hurry and get the biobed.  There's a back entrance for only medical personnel but I can let you out and then ..."

Then she would occupy the mutineers, bombard them with her pheromones.  If their minds were overridden by lust, they would fall into orgiastic bliss.  She just hoped they could get the Lexorin in the system before she turned too many into mindless husks of the people they once were.  It would be more merciful to kill them but she hadn't the skill to do so, at least not a group.

[ Rory Callahan | USS Theurgy | Corridor | En-Route to Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 ]

The talk of Vasser had Rory clenching his fists again.  The Harbinger captain had always been cold to him, ignored him really, and now he was bent on an insane mission which was only destroying both crews.  To top it off, that Calamity ship was hot on their tails again and though he didn't know a lot about Starfleet tactics and whatnot, he knew that this civil war between the two crews as going to get them all killed ... and he wasn't ready to die yet.

They were going to divvy up this party and Rory waited to hear what Natalie was going to do.  She made her decision and then he noticed the smile Lucan gave her, a smile that made the Irish ire raise up in Rory.  He'd seen that sort of smile many a time in the bars, the kind of smile that a lot of women didn't understand but Rory knew a slimy bastard when he saw one.  "I go where Nat goes," he stated, knowing there was a 'stay away from her' look in his eyes but not caring.

Thea gave some more information and while Rory had no idea what he was going to do, he just knew he would follow Natalie and follow her orders ... as much as he could at least.  The boom from the place they'd just crawled through set him on edge and he gripped the box cutter a little tighter.  As they moved out, his free hand touched Natalie's shoulder to get her attention for a moment.  "I won't get in th' way but I'll help however I can," he promised her.

Reply #33
[ Vinata Vojona | CMO Office | Sickbay | Deck 07 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Hayden O'Connor, Doctor Maya, Cir'Cie & Lahkesis Saugn

Vinnata was just in sock, the warm wet feeling of blood on his sin, the stinging of his burned skin where his hand had been grazed, but what made it all worse was the fact that he could not see or rather he was not opening his eyes. He didn't need them to know what was atop of him, he could feel the body grow still atop of him and the smell...oh by whatever forced that be the smells. It was like he was back at the triage center, the smell of burning flesh and textiles, the smell of ozone from the discharge of energy weapons and he blood, of the blood. It as there t the back of everything, an what made that even worse was he could feel it pooling under him and getting collecting over his body.

His eyes tightened further as the others around him began to talk, he did not care what they were saying, he would just stay here, he would be left along here. But he as not abandoned, as the body was lifted off of his chest he took a deep breath and quickly found himself taking labored and ragged breaths as his remaining panic began to grip him and he clenched his hands firmly, he could feel the blistered skin screaming in pain as he did his, but he did not care, he was just too scared.

As he felt hands upon him Vinata's eye shot opened, his breath caught in his throat as he looked over he people who had come to his aid. His mouth opened and and closed very slightly s if trying to form excused, to tell others that he was alright, but he couldn't his mind was filled with the screaming. Tears began to trail down his face as he finally got a sound out in the form of croak before he began to sob. He was never going to be free, it had not even been a day for him, only a matter of own of consciousness ha passed since the events of the triage center, where he saw his comrades die, swallowed up in conflict and fire only to end up waking up to live though another hell. His body shaking as he began to mutter things between his sobs, it was unintelligible, but Vinata was trying to ask to be frozen again, to let him just sleep until this was all over.

[ Hylota Vojona | Corridor | En-Route to Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Dr. Nicander, Heather McMillan, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark, Simon Tovarek & Rory Callahan

Hylota looked to Simon as he asked how her injury was holding up and she shrugged. "From the best we can tell it is not that badly damaged, the numbed nerves kept me from being knocked out by an earlier hit, but it is completely useless at this point in time. It would make creeping around in vents or bring in combat situations fairly difficult, and without it I doubt I could provide any worth while medical aid as I am." Hylota sighed an she looked over the slightly discolored spot on her uniform from where she had been shot."In all honesty I have been getting very lucky with how this day has progressed and I do not want to keep pushing my odds as they currently stand."

And then they were moving out, Hylota as going to look forward to whatever time she would get or recovery when this was over. As they moved down the halls Hylota's heart sank at the thought of guard, she had been hoping that since this was so far into mutineer territory that they would not ant to bother wasting guards here, but sure enough there they were standing beside the hanger doors watching for whoever was coming in to join up. If thing went the best way possible they could catch the guards off guard and rush the door.

As Lucan began to talk about sending Heather to take the door Hylota shook her head no. "No Doctor we do not need to do such a thing, we have hand phasers. I am an accurate enough shot and if someone else is we can round the corner and take them out in a quick strike before rushing the door and shutting things down, there is no need to send people into harms way just to get an opportunity to do the same hing we intend to do with my plan. And this way if we move quickly we can seal the door without any type of commotion being caused." Hylota hoped that hr plan would hold some merit with he rest of the team so they could get this entire ordeal over with more quickly.

Reply #34
[ Maya | Main Sickbay | Deck 07 |]  Attention: Hayden O'Connor, Cir'Cie, Vinata Vojona & Lahkesis Saugn

"I will assist you,"  Cir'Cie announced as she carefully removed herself from the biobed and helped Maya and Hayden pull Phantom's body off the Orvi.  Nurse Vojona was covered in red human blood but thankfully didn't appear to be bleeding himself. "He appears physically unharmed," the taller woman commented.

Vinata Vojona was nearly delirious, gibbering and whimpering and as his emotions burst free.   Any doctor who had been through a war recognized the symptoms.   The mind simply couldn't cope with the horror.  So much had happened in such a short amount of time that asking Vinata to remain rational would an irrational act.  Maya felt Vinata's forehead and did her best to comfort the poor man.  It looked like Hylota's brother was going to be first in line for a session with Counsellor O'Connor, but Maya could calm him and provide a temporary fix if he let her.  "His physical injuries are minor," the shorter Vulcan conceded.  She didn't elaborate on the emotional. 

"Is anyone else hurt?" Hayden O'Connor asked.

"We seem to have escaped physical injury," Maya replied, placing emphasis on the word 'physical,' "but it would appear that your docket will be very full this week," the greenblooded physician continued as she noticed the stunned and helpless expression on Lahkesis' face.  "We need to clean the blood off Mister Vojona.  In the meantime, could you ascertain the state of Doctor Saugn?"  She glanced at the botanist, who seemed to have something to tell them.  "Ensign Cir'Cie?  Have you something to add?"

"My gratitude," replied Ensign Cir'Cie.  "I would require an inoculation of a substance that can clear my mind and body from the effects of what I have been drugged with," she continued as she looked towards closest exit.

"Doctor Saugn or Counselor O'Connor can get you a stimulant to counteract the effects of the sedative we gave you," Maya assured her. 

"Too many have been shown T'Rena's vision of the future," Cir'Cie declared calmly but firmly. "Their minds must be cleared of the illusion forced upon them. Right now, they still believe there is no recourse but to escape Federation space and breed pure offspring to lead the next war, for they believe this one has already been lost."

"What will they do once they escape Federation space?" Maya asked as she helped the Orvi to his feet and helped him to a decontamination chamber where they could wash Phantom's blood off.

"They seek to use Doctor Nicander and this room to genetically re-engineer all children-to-come whilst they are still in the womb," Cir'Cie replied.  "They were to be given the Velsren sac of the Asurians, granted superior healing abilities, but that is not all. The genetic template they mean to use is Declan Vasser."

"That should be proof that Captain Vasser is mentally unsound," Maya replied dryly.  It was unfortunate that Doctor Nicander was not present; he would have had a witty remark that would raise morale.  In Maya's assessment her own comment was completely inadequate.  "What reason could they have for believing that cloning a race of Vasser is desirable?"

"The reason for this is that Declan Vasser is an Augment," Cir'Cie replied, nearly causing Maya to stumble, "perhaps the most powerful one of this century.  He must be approached with great caution, lest we will lose more of our crew."

"That is a task that should be delegated to others," Maya commented as a she and Vinata entered one of the decontamination rooms near the reception duty station.  "Before you go, could you make a list of all of the personnel you have compromised?  It would be helpful to know who needs treatment."  And who we shouldn't trust, she added silently. 

[ Tessa May Lance | USS Theurgy | Ship's Corridors | Deck 02  ]  Attn: Thea, Fasha, Sten Covington, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark & Rory Callahan

"Quietly is the objective word," Tessa agreed, not wanting to admit that she had no alternative plan.  "Okay Thea, we'll get to deck one using the Jeffries tubes."

She was a bit disconcerted by the presence of the Harbingerhelmswoman, MCPO Aisha S'Iti .  The Harbinger had a Cardassian helmswoman, just like a bad holonovel.  But Natalie Stark Rory Callahan were standing next to her not batting an eyelash.  That confirmed it. Vasser was so far gone that even members of his own crew realized he was leading them into darkness. Despite expectations, the Cardassian was fighting for what was right and the Vulcan first officer was going along with Vasser's plan hook line and sinker.  Looks like Starfleet Academy was right; prejudice and species profiling was for the birds. 

"There are nine of us," Tessa continued, not quite sure why she was talking while Lieutenant Commander Natalie Stark was there.  As both a ranking officer and a department head, the operations officer had seniority.  "Anybody who doesn't think they can be quiet climbing through the ducts should come out through the head.  Whoever comes out near the turbolift will have to be quick; that's where they're expecting us.  That leaves the way in through the yeoman's office that would be a great way into the bridge if the sentry on patrol doesn't give us away.  I suggest three through the portside head, three through the yeoman's office, and three through the turbolift hatches where they can split up and join each group as reinforcements.   Does anybody have a better idea?" she asked, desperately hoping the answer was "yes."

Goldeneye glanced around at the others.  Lieutenant Commander Natalie Stark and Petty Officer Adara Hussein were smaller than Tessa was.  Hopefully that meant they were stealthy and quick.  Master Chief Petty Officer Aisha S'Iti, Lieutenant Junior Grade Fasha, and Petty Officer Kumal Koothrapali were about Tessa's height and weight.  Chief Warrant Officer First Class Sten Covington, Petty Officer Suvok, and celebrity musician Rory Callahan were as tall as trees.  They should probably come out of the Jeffries tube in the head to make sure no one heard them.

Reply #35
[ Heather McMillan |  Corridor | Outside Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Lucan cin Nicander, Hylota Vojona, Simon Tovarek

[Show/Hide]

McMillan smiled quietly at Nicander when he questioned whether she belonged in a lab. She certainly believed that would be her preference. Though it was doubtless that meeting people was good for her too. Considering that she'd been separated from her few friends on Earth, when she was only supposed to be on the Theurgy for a short duration originally, making new friends wasn't a bad idea. And they were on their way to their designated target already, after wishing the other group well, the young woman was trailing Nicander, stumbling over her feet now and then, though managing to keep from crashing or falling outright through sheer desperation and quick, clumsy compensations. She cautioned when the others slowed down, however, and soon found out why. More guards.

McMillan felt slightly dismayed, as that meant more violence, but still, she had to accept that it was a necessary course of action, and braced herself for the inevitable, but was surprised when Nicander asked if she could help provide some distraction once more. The temptation was strong. Her parents had been right: The more you used the Light, the more you'll want to keep using it. It was like a drug, an addiction that had almost no repercussions or negative results except of course in excessive overuse, which was unlikely, since no Radiant would be able to push themselves too hard, but in limited and controlled uses, it felt...pleasurable, and she actually looked forward to lighting up again, because it would help her friends, and also help give them an edge.

The nurse, Vojona was opposed to this, however, as she was most likely concerned for McMillan's safety, and it'd be a valid concern, especially when one considered that she was a mere civilian, with absolutely no Starfleet training whatsoever, and worse still, she was a pacifist who preferred to hide rather than fight. Still, the Radiant felt a pang of disappointment that she might not get a chance to light up again. The desire for her to use her gifts was almost...all-consuming. And it made her grasp at straws desperately, but then she hit upon something that might answer both Vojona and Nicander. She leaned in closer to them and whispered, "Maybe I might have an idea that could answer Vojona's concerns, and give you the assistance you suggested, doctor."

She glanced around, to make sure she wasn't drawing attention or speaking too loudly, and then whispered more quickly and urgently, "Amongst my people, we can exhale a kind of vapour that can light up as brightly as we do, and it lasts a few minutes. This way I won't be putting myself in danger when I blind the guards. Just make sure you lot aren't looking at it yourselves. Hmm, now that I think about it, I suppose you'd need to at least know where the guards are, because I can't make the vapour disappear after I've released it, and it can last for quite a while. So, take a sight, and once you've got a good idea where they are, I'll do my part. That is...if you think this is a good idea..."

Reply #36
[ Simon Tovarek |  Corridor | Outside Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Lucan cin Nicander, Hylota Vojona, Heather McMillan

Once Simon had heard the response of Hylota he nodded and smiled "Alright, we'll try to not get us in cramped spaces anymore." he said to her and tapped her on the not injured shoulder. He followed his new group as they made their way to the cargo hold. His mind calculating the figures and variables as he readied his mind for the dispersion of the gas in the cargo hold. Yet his thought process came to a halt when the group stopped and Nicander suggested Heather to go in. He could notice that Hylota didn't agree with it yet he didn't understand it fully as he first had to come out of his 'zone'.

He quickly however grasped what was going on. Heather would serve as distraction and they would on their turn shoot them. Yet Hylota believed that they could pull it off without sending Heather in. Now this however was the turning point, Heather came up with a sort of plan that just made no sense to Simon. "You can exhale a form of fire?" he blurted out as his heart started to race. This skillset was unheard of, brand new, ground breaking, a scientific discovery! It was the wet dream of every scientist! Heather seemed to be something unearthly, something new..

"Apologies for the crude reaction." He quickly apologized to Heather for his rather primitive behavior "Hold on and roll it back to me though. You say that you can exhale a sort of gas that could blind people?" It was just the tip of the iceberg of questions that piled up in Simon his head. His eyes were sparkling with scientific curiosity yet also with personal intrigue as he wanted to know more about this civilian. When she was done with her explanation he nodded and was a bit prejudiced about his choice for going further. "I think we should see what this lightning vapor can do." he said excitedly "The guards will no undoubtedly be blinded and Hylota and Lucan or I can fire at them, taking them out swiftly. The trick however will be not to look in the light... Everyone wants to look in the light at some point..." he concluded and smiled at Heather before looking at Lucan and Hylota.

Reply #37
[ Heather McMillan |  Corridor | Outside Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Lucan cin Nicander, Hylota Vojona, Simon Tovarek

[Show/Hide]

McMillan urgently shook her head at Tovarek's excited inquiry as to whether the Radiant could breathe fire. And she was about to verbally exclaim that she simply couldn't do that. And even while she did this, her hair flailed about in an unnatural way from humans (in addition to the way she had a tendency to stand on tip-toe, which could be associated with her being rather short), since her hair appeared to be very feather-light and silken, that it floated down extremely slowly after flying up at the slightest movements. All this would definitely affirm to Tovarek that McMillan was very much not a human, expecially now that flecks of light spots seemed to appear and disappear around her due to her growing excitement about using her abilities in some way or another like little sparks.

Before she could speak, though, the man had apologized and rephrased himself, and now she nodded, affirming his rhetorical questioning about her ability to blind people with luminous vapour, and she smiled, since he appeared to be in support of her idea, though it could be because he himself was curious about her abilities now, since he had not been present with her, Nicander and Vojona earlier. "Just try your best not to look at it, because it's going to be really bright, even not looking at it can still get you blinded."

She turned to look at Nicander and the Ovri woman, "Are you both okay with this idea?"

Reply #38
[ Aisha S'iti | USS Theurgy | Ship's Corridors | Deck 02 ] Attn: Thea, Fasha, Sten Covington, Tessa May Lance, Natalie Stark & Rory Callahan

Aisha nodded,   "All of those were on my short list of ways to get to the XO's office when I was initially coming up with a plan to rescue Stark and Tovarek.  Though, In hindsight, we were all missing one thing that could aide any assault of breakout attempt.  A distraction."  She paused to let the idea sink in. 

"Prior to leaving the bridge I had programmed in a means of control for Vasser to use in the event that he were still in command if and when the Calamity attacked.  That said, he knows that for the mines to be deployed the best tactic is to have both someone at the helm, and someone at tactical leaving each to focus on their respective duties.  Given the circumstances, despite my own betrayal of his trust, I am still in all probability the person he would like to see taking the helm as--he should know by now--my first priority is the survival of the ship as a whole.  I propose that I do the one thing he would never expect.  I walk into that turbolift right there," she said pointing at the nearby turbolift wide in the open of the corridor, "head straight for the bridge and inform Vasser from inside it that I am on my way to the bridge, armed for my own protection, to re-man my helm station."  She allowed herself a moment of levity smiling as she imagined just brazenly walking back onto the bridge with the knowledge that Vasser wouldn't dare gun her down since he needed her here now and he had little other option.   

"If he trusts me to retake it then that puts at least someone at the helm that won't be in shock when the rest of you bust in.  If he don't then the security people will have their weapons trained on me and may not be quite as aware of the threat that may befall them instead.  Either way, we lose one person as part of the surprise assault, but you gain the distraction of likely two guards on the bridge itself as well as potentially Vasser himself, and an armed presence on the bridge since.  After all, I have no plans on parting with my only means of protection from his retaliation," she said nonchalantly patting the type three slung comfortably over her shoulder. 

"Besides, if the shit hits the fan I can reactivate Calamity preset 1 and just take the control stick and fly Thea and fire the damn mines myself."  She added making it obvious that she had contingencies in place that at the minimum could give them a chance at survival.  "Anyone got an objection for my own take on getting back to the wheel?"

Reply #39
[ Sten Covington | USS Theurgy | Ship's Corridors | Deck 02  ]

Between the fire from his deck apes, his own and Thea's, the incoming reinforcements to the junction between the Vector 2 Battle Bridge and Life Support never had a chance.  The Chief of the Deck, if anything, attributed their less than professional approach as a combination of a complete breakdown of their discipline and overconfidence as they probably did not expect serious resistance.  But from there, the trip to Deck 2 was almost surreal in its uneventfulness.  No ambushes, no time under contact, no checkpoints.  Nothing save encountering another island of resistance, one in which Lieutenant Commander Stark featured. 

And his young superior looked only slightly better than death warmed over, but she was still a sight for sore eyes.  There had been rumours of a hunt through the ship for a number of senior officers, how at least one of them was dead at this time, but the information had been often conflicting.  All in all, there was little reliable information to go on other than what they'd witnessed on their own.  And even then, between the speed of events and the confusion of combat, even Sten was unsure of some of the details he had been involved in, especially in the early stages of the mutiny. 

However, his eyes found the Operations Officer and he nodded before allowing himself a very slight moment in which he completely broke every protocol and mode of address he enforced on himself and others when in public and he stepped up to Natalie and landed his huge paws on her shoulders.  "Good to see you, Duck," he simply said before Lieutenant Lance went on about her plan and the subsequent discussion.

Of course, Stark, as the senior officer present, was now the final say in the matter.  And there was the matter of Mister Callahan, who obviously hadn't seen it fit to follow the instructions he had been given back in Down Below and to him the Chief of the Deck shot a dark look.  "First of all, Mister Callahan, no."  The last word was spoken flatly and with the kind of finality that only a forty year veteran could manage.  "I don't really give a crap what you've been up to but there's no way you're heading up there.  Not just that you will be in the way one way or another but there's no damn way a civilian got any business on the Bridge in this kind of situation."

Then, he turned to his companions, particularly Tessa and the Cardassian before turning back to Stark.  "Ma'am, the Chief's plan's hardly the safest but right now I think that's the only game in town.  We got Calamity up our ass as it is and while I haven't been briefed about the whole thing, I get that right now last thing we can afford is a lapse at the helm.  I think that once she's up there, she finds a way to signal us.  We come up in force, right through the Bridge turbolift and make it clear we're here to get the ship into battle, not screw around.  And once we got people convinced to play nice, Lieutenants Fasha and Lance and myself ought to run back down to the flight deck.  I get the feeling we'll need every bird we can get into space sooner rather than later."

Reply #40
[ Dr. Nicander | Corridor | Deck 02 ] Attn: Hylota Vojona, Heather McMillan, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark, Simon Tovarek & Rory Callahan

Lucan listened to the discussion as it went back and forth and yet he couldn't shake the notion that it was a bad method, even if he was no true tactician when it came to it. He did have something else, and that was the instincts of the thing inside - the killing instincts of a thing beyond their present limitations.

"If the shining mist is supposed to linger for minutes afterwards, it would not serve us in two distinct ways," he said, thinking aloud and never appearing superior in his posture in any way, even if he was about to protest Heather's ambitions. "For one, if the light is too harmful even with eyes closed, we cannot be expected to pick our targets and aim towards them through the mist. Furthermore, it would prevent Nurse Vojona to position herself by the door and weld it shut - unable of stopping the defectors to escape the gas through the exit."

Pausing, Lucan made his own suggestion. "Earlier, on the deck below us, you seemed able to project light from your own body; a light that should be well able to blind and disorient these guards. Moreover, we will be able to aim at the mutineers safely since they will not be shrouded by the mist any more. It would mean you'll have to approach them, but it would also ensure success." Little did he know that his suggestion might entail a degree of removed clothing. "Otherwise, I am inclined to believe Nurse Vojona is right, that we should take our chances and hit them from afar. So will you be able to help us or not, Miss McMillan?"

Time was of the essence, and every moment lost was a moment gained for the Calamity to catch up with them.

[ Cir'Cie | CMO Office | Sickbay | Deck 07 ] Attn: Hayden O'Connor, Doctor Maya, Vinata Vojona & Lahkesis Saugn

"I suppose I could make a list," said Cir'Cie with the intonation that she did not see the immediate need for it since that info would have a short life expectancy and only show half of the truth. "Yet I do not have the ambition to go alone. You and I should be working together to ensure safe unions with the crew we encounter. Our list would be a verbal one, our pace swift, and our touch the way for the two crews to realise how wrong they have been to share the views of T'Rena."

Cir'Cie's eyes fell on the Ovri and the Teslysliac duplicate in turn, knowing that they had not taken the development in the CMO Office well. Still, the finest therapeutic expert was present in the form of Hayden O'Connor, and there were likely Ives Loyalists in the wards that could help her in that sense.

Right then, the Red Alert was sounded throughout the ship, heralding the arrival of the Calamity. If they were to turn the minds of key personnel back to their real selves, then they did not have that much time left.

"What say you, Doctor Maya?" asked Cir'Cie, not yet leaving the office. Cir'Cie did not know the other Vulcan well enough to know if she'd rather treat the Ovri in the decontamination chamber outside the office or not.

Reply #41
[Sarresh Morrali | Medical Lab 01 | Sickbay] Attn: Ryuan Sel, Eve Jenkins, Thea

Mask firmly in place, Sarresh stood, watching as P.O. Sel went over to check and confirm what his eyes already told him - well and truly dead. He sucked in a few more calming breaths as fresh, untampered oxygen filled his lungs and helped push some of the worst...attraction away. Oh, his pants were still a tent at this point, though careful adjustment as he had stood up helped mitigate that particular embarrassment.

He warily eyed the nurse next to him, wondering just what the hell had been going on, then back to the petty officer who seemed remarkably unphased by it all. Training, or life experiences he wondered. At the moment, his own time altered brain didn't offer up much more than it already had about who the Bajoran was and what she was capable of in a fight, but he found his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to the update from Thea, as she and Sel went back and forth. His reserve was shaken when Thea announced the presence of the Calamity bearing down on their ship, however, and he swallowed back a bit of fear tinged bile that threatened to rise up the back of his throat.

Before he could speak, Nurse Jenkins broke her own silence, explaining just what was wrong. He was glad that he hadn't yet removed his mask, wanting more time to purge his system of whatever he had inhaled. Scent of a woman some part of his mind cackled in the background, making him wonder idly if he was slipping into insanity. He pushed that depressing bit of insight down and tugged at his collar. His words were slightly muffled from behind the O2 mask, and they held an awkward bit of sympathy that clashed with the otherwise alternating taciturn and slightly bloodthirsty persona's he'd presented.

"I understand," simple words that conveyed far more meaning that socially tact sympathy. He empathized fully with the woman. Ash'reem had to wear suppressant wraps around their bodies to dampen the effects of their pheromones. And while his new body no longer packed quite that punch, he was familiar with what could happen when one did not make accommodations for the diverse biology represented on a Starfleet vessel.

Having to use that natural ability as a weapon...well. He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder, despite any risk, and squeezed, once. "Good luck." Anything else seemed pointless. How she would mentally deal with what came next, well. He squeezed and started let go, but the nurse placed a hand on his, keeping him in place while she transferred authorization from herself to Sarresh. More responsibility for the Temporal Affairs officer, it seemed.

Nodding in understanding, and moving away before removing his mask, Lt. Morrali prayed to Gods he rarely believed in that her touch would not have affected him. It didn't help. The flood of pheromones was instant, and the heat built again. Perhaps he was simply more susceptible, who knew, but it was suddenly much harder to force his hand to reach down and pick up the other combadge, to swipe his thumb as Reyun had done. He kept his eyes on the floor, refusing to look up at the scantaly clad Bajoran while he palmed that badge and phaser, or back at the flush faced nurse. Checking the setting on the phaser, and holstering it to free his hands (and adjust himself again), Sarresh stood and lifted up what canisters he could to load to the bio bed.

"As the nurse suggested, we'd best take the back entrance," he forced the words out from between clenched teeth. Any trepidation Sel felt was not nearly as visible as she worried, and right then Sarresh was noticing just about everything about that woman too. He needed to get out of there, and now. "I've got the cart," he added, adjusting the controls on the portable bed so that it hovered near his waist, conveniently blocking what had just become much harder to ignore. He walked over and punched in a new code, the one Eve had given him, before addressing the ships AI. "Thea, we're off." Time was off the essence, and he pushed the bed aside to allow the Petty Officer to take point, doing his best to advert his eyes from her rear and not look back at the forlorn nurse they were leaving to...deal with whomever would attempt to follow.

[Natalie Stark | Corridor | Deck 02] Attn: Aisha S'Iti, Rory Callahan, Thea, Fasha "Morrigan", Sten Covington, Tessa May Lance

Natalie hoped very much that her cheeks did not heat any at the way Lucan smiled at here, albeit briefly, while they all divided up 'assignments' for what was to come. The man had a way of packing even a small expression with a reminder of shared, heated moments, and it would do no good for her to blush like a school girl when they were about to storm the bridge. Nor would it do any good for poor Rory to see it and wonder why. Now wasn't the time to have that conversation at all. So she took a steadying breath and forced all thoughts of the awkward, heated, and passionately intense tussle in the cramped Jeferies tube aside and refocused on the tasks at hand.

"May the winds carry your purpose," said Lucan to the ones heading up to the Bridge, then singled out the Cardassian with his pale gaze, "and your aim be true."

A slow nod in turn was accompanied by a simple, "Good luck," from the Lt. Commander, before she turned to her charges. Thea's voice rang out and accordingly, orders were given.

[You must make your way to the turbolifts located fifty meters towards the aft. Follow the corridor behind you and await the arrival of Junior Lieutenants Lance and Fasha from the Lone Wolves Squadron. Chief Warrant Officer Covington is with them as well, along with a number of his deck crew. Unless you are already armed, they will be able to provide you with weapons. Go now, because I can see other life-signs moving in on your location with my internal sensors.]

"You heard her, lets move," Natalie stated briskly, not looking back as they peeled off from the others. The thought of seeing Sten again was like someone had given Natalie a slug of whiskey against the cold night. It bolstered her, even thought she knew that - like the whiskey - it was a false comfort. Still, the man was her friend, and mentor, one of the few people she trusted and a cool head in a hot moment. Knowing that whomever was leading the other team had Sten with them made her worry much less. Her subordinate simply inspired that kind of confidence, and she knew it would not be misplaced.

"I won't get in th' way but I'll help however I can," he promised her. God, but that man's voice. She kept her eyes forward, less any of the other Starfleet personnel see her turn to Rory, but her hand came up. How she managed to avoid jumping when he came in close was anyone's guess, after what had happened, but she touched him, briefly, a graze of fingers. "I know," she said very, very softly, so soft that hopefully no one else would hear. "I'd be lost without you." Truth be told there was every chance she would have broken down by now but for him. And perhaps her training. She didn't give herself nearly the credit she deserved, but given what she had been through it was perhaps understandable that she undervalued her own worth, even if she knew she couldn't let that show, either.

It took little work to get into place, as the other group came around the corner. What could have been a violent encounter was instead a quiet, muted affair, thanks to the presence of Thea. She gave a small start when the man she'd been thinking of not moments before walked up and clamped hands on her shoulders. It was a breech of every protocol known to Starfleet, but for a moment she didn't care. "Good to see you, Duck," he'd said, before turning back to the group, and damned if it wasn't good to see him too. She managed a quick smile, and nod of the head. "yes, it is," before addressing everyone else. "It's good to see all of you," she added, asserting the role she least welcomed but had no choice in the matter.

[My readings say you are all gathered now,] said Thea through the intercom, addressing the two groups as a whole and cutting of any thing else Natalie might have said.. [On my wall you can see a control panel. I will bring up the layout of Deck 01. I have marked access points, current Harbinger crew locations and the route that two of the guards patrol. Time is of the essence, so I suggest those with appropriate combat experience decide on the method of approach and you move out. Lieutenant Commander Wenn Cinn and his team is just about to liberate Captain Ives. Vasser knows about the presence of the Calamity and setting a course at maximum warp.]

Natalie gave another glance around the group. Just as Thea's initial report had suggested, she was at least somewhat dismayed to find herself the highest ranking officer currently present. That meant that she would have the final call. And while time was short, she was also learning that a good leader let her subordinates flourish, providing simple guidance where needed, but taking the time to let them expand upon what to do. It wasn't simply pulling orders out of her ass and slamming them down. She needed to let hte people that knew what they were doing, do just that.

So she listened with more patience than she felt, cradling the phaser rifle in the crook of her arms, copying (if awkwardly) the stance she'd seen a few of the others do, and trying to project a calm she did not feel. It was easier, oddly, with Rory behind her. She could draw strength from him, even though they were both so very shaken. Shaken by the taste of that man in her mouth, for her, and the action of slaughtering him, for Rory. Having Sten on her other side didn't hurt matters.

The plan of using the jefferies tube seemed sound enough, and she met Lt. Lance's eyes. Natalie was surprised that she could practically hear the question in the fighter pilots gaze, about Aisah S'Iti, and over the Cardassians' shoulder, the Ops Chief gave the smallest, barest of nods. The woman was...off-putting, but she was doing everything in her power to save them and that earned her Natalie's vote of confidence. And it seemed her faith was not misplaced, as S'iti began to expand upon Tessa's plan, incorporating a distraction. It all came back to those damn mines she herself had been working on. A frown grew on her face, lips pursed, and it took a moment for her to realize that it could be taken for disagreement with the flight officers modifications.

While she wasn't thrilled with the idea of the Cardassian putting herself at risk, she felt it was - so far - the best option put forth. She hated that it was because Winterbourne had been gunned down and there was no one else as qualified to fly the vessel as Aisha at that moment, but that was that. Just another crime to make Vasser pay for. It was a long, long list of crimes in Natalie's book and a small part of her really wished she could shove the bastard out an airlock without an EV suit.

But then Sten spoke up against Rory, and Natalie found herself in the awkward position of being caught between two people that she found she relied upon very, very much. Shit the crude thought surfaced as she tried to keep the deck from reeling under her feet. Not that it actually moved, but the way her stomach felt like it had plummeted made her wonder.

"First," she said, summoning up some ice into her voice, calming her features - god she hoped they were calm - "I agree that officer S'iti's plan is the best modification to what Lt. Lance has suggested that we have come up with. You're right," she looked between both women, and then CWO Covington, before sweeping the rest of the assembled group. "We need a distraction; and we need the best person we possibly can have at the helm when it all goes down. Because - not that Thea will ever let us forget - but the Calamity is on its way and we have a madman with his twisted pet psychotic running our ship. Our. Ship." She snapped those two words off, letting some of her anger out into her words. And oh, there was anger, anger most unbecoming an officer.

"And we need every hand on deck, Chief," she added, turning back to the man she considered one of her closest friends. Hell, family. This was almost like arguing with her father. "I do not know what Mr. Callahan has been up to prior to all of this, but he managed to rescue both myself and Lt. Tovarek from...from a rather grisly fate." She turned to CPO S'iti, "with reinforcement from the Chief. If not for the both of them, I would not be here right now," it was as close as she could come to outright dressing Sten down. "I want all of you to understand this," she continued, making this less about any disagreement between her and the Chief of the Deck, or her trying to bolster her...what, lover? Boyfriend's? confidence, and more about making it clear to the crew. "Mr. Callahan is a civilian. CPO S'iti is from the Harbinger. Both have proven themselves to me, personally, and I would hope, to this crew. We need them both. We need everyone we can get, and we need to do this right and smart and we need to do this NOW." She had been pacing, she hardly realized it, her hands clasped behind her back as she had seen Cpt. Ives do on more than one occasion. It wasn't even a conscious thought as she moved herself over to stand by the display panel, separating herself out from everyone else.

"Chief," she said to the Cardassian, "You're up first, good luck and God's speed, the balls' in your court. Once you hail Vasser, the rest of us go." She turned to Covington and Lt.'s Lance and Fasha, "You three know everyone here better than I, what they are capable of in a fight. Divy them up as you see fit, but make it fast." She stood a bit straighter, "I'll be in the turbolift when we breech the bridge," she stated bluntly, with a resolve she didn't feel at all but prayed she could fake. "If all goes well we take Vasser down hard and fast, but no matter what, as senior officer, I need to be at the forefront." She didn't turn to hug Sten and reinforce that she needed him.  She didnt rush over to Rory and offer quite words of faith in her lover, to bask in the comfort she drew from his arms. She stood, removed from the others, making it clear that she would broker no disagreement and that the time to act was now.

OOC: that was a doozy of a post. Let me know if I missed anything

Reply #42
[ Search Party | Medical Lab 01 | Sickbay | Deck 07 ] Attn: Ryuan Sel, Sarresh Morali & Eve Jenkins

The back entrance doors chirped before sliding open - letting Sarresh Morali and Ryuan Sel out into the corridor with the biobed. That the canisters stacked on top of it did not roll off already was some kind of miracle, but they were out, and the winding corridors of the T-intersection they stood in was lit with the Red Alert lighting. Otherwise, there was no immediate movement to be seen.

Behind them, however, the situation was not quite the same.

Four mutineers appeared before Eve Jenkins, laying eyes on her through the opened doors of the med lab. They had just missed the TAO and the Security Officer's escape with the Lexorin, and now merely saw her - and their eyes came to linger whilst their Type III assault rifles were lowered. Their steps slowed in, and two of them frowned - probably in reaction to their own thoughts upon seeing the Head Nurse standing amidst the dangling O2-masks.

"We... we are rounding up those... Those still loyal to Jien Iv-" the one on point said, and then his blue eyes fell to the two bodies lying inside the door to the lab - Freya's and Riptide's wide eyes stares meeting his as he stepped inside and stood over them. Seeing them, blue-eyes scowled and brought his phaser rifle up to take aim at Eve Jenkins. "Did you do this?"

Behind him, a woman at the age of thirty with blonde hair stepped in, and she swallowed as she looked between the bodies and the Nurse, but she remained undecided about what she might do. Her and blue-eyes were both wearing Engineering jump-suits. The two men who stepped inside after her were Petty Officers belonging to the red collared CONN or Tactical. One was tall and dark and the other of average height and had a shaved head. The latter had a British accent as he lay his hand on top of blue-eyes' rifle - lowering the muzzle.

"Easy now, let's hear what the woman has to say first, shall we? Perhaps she did not do it," he said, and then stepped past the others - eyes smiling as he looked at Eve, "Tell us, love. What happened? What are you doing here all alone?"

OOC: Sirus and Searcher, you are next respectively in the split scenes. Sirus, I advise that you cover how things go as they head towards Life Support besides reactions to Searcher's and Brutus' posts. ETA to that specific area of the ship should be three minutes if they move quickly. Leave it open ended as to what may happen once they arrive to Life Support. I will take it from there.

Reply #43

[Show/Hide]

"Yes, yes of course!" McMillan nodded happily, and turned to look at Vojona, "Don't worry, I'll be fine, I think I can manage this."

In a ways, a near-addiction might serve well for her, since she was nearly reckless in her courage now, in a hurry to unleash her light. Her eyes were already beginning to flash with spots and sparks, much like the soft, gentle spots of light appearing and fading all around her. The first time she had done this, McMillan had been a little less shy, since she thought neither Nicander nor Vojona had been conscious to see her. She was a little more self-conscious now that there were not only one, but two conscious men in her presence, so opted this time for keeping her clothes on, but rolled up her sleeves, took off her lab coat, and loosened her collars, allowing more exposed skin, which in turn would ensure more light.

"Okay, then. Wish me luck." McMillan smiled, and before she could second-guess herself, turned to walk around the corner and head straight for the guards. They had guns...dangerous, killer guns, and suddenly, she felt nervous, so she kept reminding herself, I get to use the Light, I get to use the Light...and in this way, she was able to get close enough, but not so much that she'd be in the way of the line of sight for her friends. "Heyyy..." she said, waving at the guards like she knew them, "...I want to join Vasser. I'm a civilian biologist, but I'm sure I can have some use...like uh...like...this...?"

She drew in the Light, and tried to focus it, face it forward, so that she didn't accidentally blind her own friends with her light, and a flash of white shone out from her face, arms, and body. She still couldn't steer it much, and ended up lighting up the whole place when she used so much unbridled energy. If she tried to use just her palms, it wasn't so hard, but also less delightful. After a few seconds of shining continuously, she stopped, turned and ran for her life, "I think they're not happy." She announced unnecessarily, running on tip-toe as fast as she could, and barely avoiding tripping on her own feet.

Reply #44
[Fasha | Corridor | Deck 02]

Fasha remained quiet for the most part as the others in the newly formed "Strike Team." continued to build upon the original plan she'd suggested. So far the plan was still somewhat the same. Individual elements would be inserting from the Jefferies tubes and clearing out the outer sections of the bridge. After which they would take the bridge with a show of force in order to keep the bridge functioning at full capacity during their soon approaching engagement with the Calamity. Even if they did take the bridge successfully with the least bloodshed possible she could only wonder if it would make a difference. Would they be able to fend off the Calamity with the ship still as divided as it was?

Now wasn't the time to ask questions! She shook her head pushing the thoughts that had previously occupied her mind away in order to focus on their current situations. She already planned on being one of those assigned to infiltrate the 1st deck through the Jefferies Tubes. Now it just needed to be decided who else would be coming along. She turned toward Tessa "Let's let Papa Bear pick who's most suited to go through the Jefferies Tubes with us. It's his deck crew he knows them better." Fasha stated nodding her head towards Sten and the bear cubs who seemed to gravitate towards him for leadership.

"Are you ready for this?" Fasha asked it wasn't meant as a jab at the other woman's capability it was a simple question seeking an answer. "Once we're up there we'll need to be quick and efficient there is no margin for error." Fasha stated. Perhaps Tessa already understood this, Perhaps she didn't either way Fasha would be sure to cement the importance of what they were about to do into her fellow pilot's mind.

Reply #45
[ Simon Tovarek | Corridor | Outside Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Lucan cin Nicander, Hylota Vojona, Heather McMilan

Simon was still curious to what the result of these powers would be. So far he only had heard what could happen and his scientific mind had made numerous variations about it, yet he wanted to see in person what this was all about. "Good luck." He offered to Heather after she had pulled up her sleeves loosened up her collars. He watched her as she walked into the corridor towards the new guys and readied himself for whatever was about to happen. He looked at the phaser he was carrying with him and checked the power cells before setting the weapon to stun again.

He gazed with one eye past the wall in a crouched position, allowing however would fire next to stand up behind him so he or she could overlook the situation as well. His eyes were trained on Heather as she walked over to the guards, a bit conspicuous he had to admit yet it seemed to get the job done as the guards first looked at each other before eyeing out Miss McMilan. "She really needs to work on her conversation skills in these kind of situations.." Simon whispered towards the two others with him and he couldn't help but chuckle.

Yet what happened next was just amazing, mind blowing even. His eyes were affected a bit by the strong light and the guards seemed to be blinded entirely by it. A bit baffled by what he was seeing, Simon felt his mouth fall open a bit in amazement as he readied himself to get into action. When Heather stopped and made her way back he had to smirk at her obvious comment as the guards were dazed "Get down, on the floor!" he called out to her and when he was sure he wouldn't hit her he called his target "Firing on the left one." He fired two rounds at him, the first one hitting the guard in the upper right shoulder while the other one hit him in the chest. He aimed at the other guard in case the second shooter would miss.

Reply #46
[ Sten Covington | USS Theurgy | Ship's Corridors | Deck 02  ]

If anything, the Chief of the Deck knew when to shut his trap and when to speak.  And when an officer made a decision, that decision was final even if it was a bad idea.  As a senior non-commissioned man, it was his job to minimize the damage their calls would make, or work around them in such a way as to accomplish the desired end-goal without anyone getting hurt.  And considering that Commander Stark had decided not to bench Callahan as he should be, that forced the veteran to re-adjust the plans he had started to formulate. 

But at the end of the day, once the officers made their call, it was his place to follow it.

"Yes Ma'am," he simply replied.  Perhaps Sten was not pleased, but it whether he was on not was irrelevant. The Chief knew his officer well enough to know she had some feeling for the Irishman.  And if she said she needed him close at hand, then it was probably a good idea, in the greater scheme of things, to work with it instead of opposing the idea out of hand.

As such, considering what they were about to do, Covington found himself looking at a very reasonable alternative.  He did not want that civilian anywhere near the heat of things, and considering the composition of each element of their strike team for Deck 01 was left in his hands he reckoned he had a way to deal with his presence.  "In that case, I recommend Lieutenants Lance and Fasha, PO Hussien and Mister Callahan take the Jefferies tubes and take care of the sentries in the areas around the Bridge.  They can link up with us once they've taken care of them.  Remainder, with the Commander and me on the turbolift."

Then, he turned directly to look at Stark.  "Ma'am, as always, last word's yours.  But please, consider staying behind me and the rest of the lads in the turbolift."  The older man had a responsibility.  Not only to the ship or to the Lieutenant Commander, but to Natalie herself.  And to himself.  He'd already lost one person whom he'd, against all odds, began to care for a great deal that day.  He wasn't about to lose another one.

However, before Stark would give the final word, Sten drew the hand phaser that was holstered at his waist, at rest since he had acquired a rifle a few decks down and flipped it in his hand, offering it handle-first to Callahan.  "The Commander trusts you.  It's set on maximum stun.  Aim center of mass, press the button.  Short, controlled blasts or you'll run out of power in no time flat.  Questions?"

Reply #47
[ Maya | Main Sickbay | Deck 07 |]  Attention: Hayden O'Connor, Cir'Cie, Vinata Vojona & Lahkesis Saugn

Leaving sickbay.  Not the first option Maya would have chosen.  All of her training since arriving in this century had been to serve in a sickbay or hospital.  Maya was ready to react to any medical situation, whether it was multiple surgeries or dealing with an epidemic.  Outside sickbay the little Vulcan would have to improvise, something that past experience had indicated was outside her skill area.  In light of the red alert signal, Cir'Cie's point about time couldn't be denied.  Although Maya's place during a red alert was in sickbay, if she didn't reverse the mental conditioning of her shipmates and get as many people back to their stations as possible, everybody on the Theurgy was at risk.

"Doctor Saugn, take over for me in sickbay," Maya ordered as her long spidery fingers prepared two hyposprays with stimulants and painkillers that would not interfere with telepathy.  "Counselor O'Connor will help you with the patients, as will Mister Vojona if he is able.  I shall be accompany Ensign Cir'Cie and attempt to reverse the conditioning on our shipmates as expediently as possible," she added as she injected the contents of one of the hyposprays into Cir'Cie's neck.  "I shall need a medkit for I shall no doubt encounter injured crewmembers out there," she continued as she injected the contents of the second hypospray into her own wrist.  "I shall return to assist in sickbay as soon as I am able."

[ Tessa May Lance | USS Theurgy | Ship's Corridors | Deck 02  ]  Attn: Thea, Fasha, Sten Covington, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark & Rory Callahan

"Are you ready for this?" Fasha asked Tessa. "Once we're up there we'll need to be quick and efficient there is no margin for error."

Then why the hell are you bringing me along?  Tessa's topaz yellow eyes seemed to say.  There's no way in hell I'm ready!

Tessa's mouth, however, said something else entirely.  "Yup.  Good to go.  No worries."

Tessa May Lance was distracted.  Truth to tell, it was hard to concentrate with the red alert klaxon heralding the approach of the Calamity and the Theurgy's destruction.  She frowned and tried to concentrate as Sten Covington modified the strategy she had suggested.

Reply #48
[ Ryuan Sel | Medical Lab 01/Corridor | Sickbay | Deck 07 ] Attn: Sarresh Morali

Leaving someone behind was not something Sel was overly comfortable doing, even in the worst of times she hated the idea of it. Yet in the past few weeks she had been forced to do it more times than she could admit. And now especially she knew she had no choice. The effect of the Deltan's physiology was plain to see and it could not be risked. She could not only see the effect of the Deltan pheromones on the former Ash'reem, she could feel them effecting her own thinking. The effect was not as pronounced in her as it was in Sarresh. While he showed all the symptoms of simple sexual arousal she could feel the pheromones making her more aggressive, ready to fight for mate, a leftover trait from her Bajoran heritage.

She did her best to keep her mind clear, though the mixture of her aggressive impulses and the raw sexual feeling flooding through her as well meant she had to get out of the room as fast as possible. "Be careful," she said to the nurse and with little choice she left the room, letting Sarresh push the biobed.

Once they were in the hall Sel lifted her phaser rifle and took aim down it's sight. She moved slowly down the corridor, slipping through the doors and out of the Sickbay. She moved around the corner, sweeping her phaser at eye level. When she saw nothing out of place she gestured to her companion to follow.

She moved as quietly as she could down the corridor toward the Life Support Systems. She glanced back to the Temporal Affairs Officer. "How are you doing Lieutenant?" she asked in little above a whisper.

Reply #49
[ Vinata Vojona | CMO Office | Sickbay | Deck 07 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Hayden O'Connor, Doctor Maya, Cir'Cie & Lahkesis Saugn

Vinata took shaky breaths as he was lead into a sterilization station, sonic waves broke down anything sticking to his skin and as he began to be sterilized he whimpered as he just rubbed all over his bod to try and free himself of the drying blood more quickly. He felt like it was still all over him in every pore despite it being removed from his skin, but it did not matter he was just done, he was not going to bother trying to do anything more, he was broken for now, and he did not see any reason to try and fix anything, he was not going to have any time to enjoy it. the way he saw it he would just be building things back up so that he next situation could smash him back down, he had seen so many die, people who were just as confused as him, who had no idea what was going on, an now some big event was happening that he did not understand again, an it stole form him his dignity and had just been a reminder of the horror of his life.

As he sulked however he could hear the people outside the station talking about how they had to do things, to make things better, and he touched his forehead, his fingers tracing the mark of his post, the mortar and pestle. He took a deep breath, he had to remember his post, he was a nurse, he was trained to be a healer, a helper of those in need, and if he could not do that he had no reason to live. Getting up on shay leg he walked out of the station, his legs shaking and his arms braced to the walls to keep him upright as he looked to his current CO.

Taking a deep breath an swallowing down a lump in his throat Vinata spoke, his eyes unable to meet anyone's. "I-I do not know how m-much use I am...bu-but I promise, I will s-stand my post and help those in n-need." He shuddered and took a shaky step forward and did his best to appear that he was alright. "I-I just n-need a gown or uniform." It was painfully obvious that Vinata would no last, he would not be able to stand casualties, he was in distress and using all he had left to keep from falling apart again, but he would do his best to serve until relieved of his duty.

[ Hylota Vojona | Corridor | En-Route to Cargo Hold 02 | Deck 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Dr. Nicander, Heather McMillan, Aisha S'Iti, Natalie Stark, Simon Tovarek & Rory Callahan

Hylota was just so out of it at this point, she did not want to talk any more, she was going to take part in this plan weather she was listened to or not. She would follow orders, she would take care of the guards and do her part to save this damned ship and its crew, but oh if they dared call her in to question her motives she was going to get herself frozen and be done with this. She was tired, stiff, sore and she was not going to b the point of debate after what she was putting herself through...hell she still needed to crawl through the jefferies tubes to get her boots again, that was just going to be perfect.

Hylota moved close to the wall as she watch Heather get closer to the guards, and it went just about as well as she would have predicted, the girl as sincere, but she was terrible with talking, and just as she expected things went south and Hylota was not going to stand by and let things play out any longer. As Simon called out his shots Hylota nodded an she stepped out, her arm stiff as she aimed down at the right hand guard, she held her breath, the world around her slowed as she fired, the beam shot out and hit the guard in his weapon arm, but Hylota did not stop, she walked out from cover and fired again.

Hylota's second shot hit the guard in the neck causing him to fall back into the wall and crumple to the ground as Hylota waled to the door. As she neared Heather she spoke in a more hushed tone. "Your safe Heather, get back to Doctor Nicander, you will be needed for this mission, I will take care of the door and the guards from here." Hylota looked down at her phaser and turn up the strength as high as she could get to before she fired at the seam in the door, melting the metal an fusing it all into place before turning down the phaser and looking back to Heather to make sure she was going before Hylota went to try and disable the door further by pulling out the control chips.

Simple Audio Video Embedder