Skip to main content
Topic: All Is Fair In Love & War 2019 | Award Nominations (Read 4089 times) previous topic - next topic

All Is Fair In Love & War 2019 | Award Nominations

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE & WAR 2019 | AWARD NOMINATIONS

The theme for the first Writing Award Nominations is "All is Fair in Love & War".

Indeed, nominations for two Writing Awards are now open until the 20th of November, where two separate polls will be posted on the 21th of November for the two award categories and their nominated scenes respectively. The two polls will be public, and of course, those casting the vote will need to read the scenes nominated before casting their vote in the poll.

The awards? :) They are....

Awarded to the main contributing writers in an action scene that stands out way above the norm in terms of pace, thrill, scope and stakes.

Earlier Recipients (no longer eligible): @Auctor Lucan @Doc M. 

Awarded to the writers of an erotic scene that stands out way above the norm in terms of emotion, adherence to character, atmosphere and steaminess.

Earlier Recipients (no longer eligible): @steelphoenix @SummerDawn

NOMINATION RULES

Here are the rules for Award Nominations:

• Nominations should be posted in the announced nomination thread posted on the forum. Anonymous nominations may be made to the Game Moderator via PM on the forum, who will then post the nomination in the nomination thread.
  • Nominations are to be made before the announced nomination time expires.
  • Nominations may be made by any member that isn't an Applicant.
  • Self-nominations are not permitted.
  • There is no limit to the number of nominations one can make.
  • Prior winners of the same award are not eligible.
  • Each nomination should include a motivation. The nomination write-up is 50 words minimum and should concentrate on why the recipient(s) is/are deserving of the award. You should also make sure to include links.

All nominations will be added to the polls that will determine the winner of the awards. 

NOMINATION FORM

• Forum Name of Nominee(s)
  • Primary Reason for Nomination
  • Secondary Reason for Nomination (Optional)
  • Motivation & Links (50 words minimum)

Of course, you should only nominate scenes where at least one of the writers in the scene are still an active writer on the forum. There is no need to nominate scenes where all writers that wrote it have already left the sim.

I look forward to reading your nominations here in this thread! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Re: All Is Fair In Love & War 2019 | Award Nominations

Reply #1
ok! I'm going to nominate a few for these awards to see if we stop being shy and start showing our love for how our peers write. I might expand my nominations later but, for now:

Forum Name of Nominee(s)
@Top Hat
Primary Reason for Nomination For T'Less' performance during battle, even though he didn't engage in close combat.
Secondary Reason for Nomination (Optional) ---
Motivation & Links https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2430.msg17982.html#msg17982 Vulcans (or at least those raised as such) are not a race devoted to violence and combat and yet following the battle from the eyes of T'Less is a real delight and really makes you felt like you are there. In addition, the Vulcan smile as she fires torpedoes at enemies is both disturbing and deeply ingrained in the character and needs to be appreciated to the right extent.

Forum Name of Nominee(s)
@Fife  & @BZ
Primary Reason for Nomination In general by their style and rhythm every time they have had to write a battle situation.
Secondary Reason for Nomination (Optional) For his ability to describe a combat and flight from the side of the losers, showing not only the triumph of the hero but the need to flee to save the life or others, the emotional conflicts that can arise in a combat and the triumphs and bitterness that this entails.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) since i have to choose only one thread i am going to point out this one because it is particularly close to my heart: https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2302.0.html , but i can also point this: https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.100.html (battle of the Enterprise) , this one (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2447.0.html - battle of the Scion Lair)  Cross taking the Versant weaponary in the battle of the appertures (here if i recall? https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2554.0.html also Bz's writting with Zeph here).... Both writers are outstanding in their descriptions, the pace they give to combat and how they allow others to take the initiative and leave opportunities for their peers to shine by their side. They are two magnificent writers with whom it is a delight to write fights (either next to them or against their characters, as I have had the opportunity several times with Fife) and I think they both deserve recognition for their efforts.

Forum Name of Nominee(s) @Arista and @Brutus
Primary Reason for Nomination their performance in the battle of the appertures thread with Natalie Stark and Capt. Ziegler
Secondary Reason for Nomination (Optional) 
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2542.50.html to see the performance of a superior officer from the bridge, bearing in mind that the consequences of his or hers actions entailed lost lives is always a pleasure. Also the style and rhythm of both writers is wonderful and it is always a joy to be able to read any of their posts.

Forum Name of Nominee(s) @Nolan @Stegro88 @Fife (can I put a name here twice? XD)
Primary Reason for Nomination their description and narration of dogfights
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2575.0.html (between others) These three writers make magnificent, exciting and adrenaline-filled descriptions of the battles from the pilot's point of view. This thread has been wonderful to read (and reread) and it is worth reviewing the efforts these writers have made to portray the sense of squadron, collaboration and camaraderie between pilots. Special mention to Nolan that he has to organize all that pack of madmen and women at the controls of their fighters and he has not gone mad in the trial.

I leave a lot of great writers out there and, as I said earlier, I will probably extend this list later. The last episode has been full of combat and action and I think each and every one of the participants, in their own measure, deserves a reward and congratulations.

(I will add later, if necessary, the nominations for the other award)

Cheers!

Reply #3
Ok due nobody else is willing to nominate people here I am, I want you all to have some love and pretty tokens underneath your avatars. In this case I have to say that my selection is a bit biased because I have been involved in few threads of this type and I have read very few on the topic. Anyway!

Forum Name of Nominee(s) @chXinya and @Auctor Lucan
Primary Reason for Nomination general mood of the thread plus not only that but carry it further for character development and push the subplot to the last consequence
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) Well, the first thread I wanted to nominate is this one (if anyone is curious can read about the consequences of all this in the following threads that Lucan has gathered here - by the way, don't hesitate to use that thread, which is very useful!)As I mentioned previously this thread (apart from being one in which I have participated) is not only a sexy thread without consequences, but it united the participating characters, created interesting tensions and dynamics between them and caused changes in all of them and perhaps in the future of the Andorian race, the fact is that it is a great example of a sexy scene that really affects the characters and makes them change and evolve. I have nothing against a fun one night stand but I think that the additional bonus of this thread should be valued.

Forum Name of Nominee(s) @Nolan  and @Brutus
Primary Reason for Nomination for enjoying a thread so much that it looks like it's going to carry on forever.
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) for this one This is one of those threads that seems to be always being updated and, honestly, I think people who get so involved in a thread should be rewarded, whether they are writting something erotic, hilarious, action driven or whatever. Not only that but this thread is.... original to put it simply and shows grown-ups indulging themselves and having fun with each other and don't overthink about the issue too much. And that is refreshing to read from time to time also ;)

Forum Name of Nominee(s) @Nolan (again XD) and @Arista
Primary Reason for Nomination for the endless teasing and banter
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum) for this one Again, I nominate a thread not only for the sexy content itself, but for the additional value it brings. The tension, inuendos and foreplay in this thread is wonderful and both writers have impeccable control over all of this. Two great writers teasing each other and showing their best skills, here in an erotic context but, seriously, it's those writers who are worth reading when they come together to perpetrate some idea, because the result is always interesting.

Reply #4
ALRIGHT Numen beat me to it with most of the threads I wanted to nominate but here's some she missed so I get them >:3c

FOR SUUS MAHNA AWARD
Forum Name of Nominee(s): @TWilkins @Numen
Primary Reason for Nomination: The pacing, description, high stakes, and drama in the thread 'Lads Night Out'
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): Both writers do a great job of building tension before the fight breaks out in this scene, especially with TWilkins' super characterful and dramatic descriptions of Otheusz preparing for battle. The stakes are really high for both characters, and it's particularly dramatic to read because Otheusz and Seren are on opposite sides of the fight. Numen's depiction of a usually non-combat character thrust into a fight is wonderful, and the contrast between Seren and Otheusz is great to read. The moment where they fight each other directly is especially good: without spoiling anything, Numen's writing here is great, resulting in a really tense and dramatic moment that I love.

FOR THE PON FARR AWARD
Forum Name of Nominee(s): @Auctor Lucan @Fife
Primary Reason for Nomination: The great balance of humour and sex in 'Correction Correcting Corrections'
Motivation & Links (50 words minimum): Mixing comedy and sex this well deserves an award tbqh, this thread is utterly hilarious without ever becoming truly farcical, and balances the humour with the explicit really well. Cross' utter mortification contrasts with V-Nine's confused professionalism, and both writers do a great job of maintaining the charade with perfect timing: the build-up is especially good, with everything gradually getting more and more out of hand. It's really fun to see a sex thread that's so unusual and funny haha
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Simple Audio Video Embedder