Skip to main content
Topic: Day 17 [1800 hrs.] Come Sail Away (Read 13951 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 17 [1800 hrs.] Come Sail Away

Reply #50
 [Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Stark | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Number6  
[Show/Hide]

In some ways the fact that this was uncharted territory for both of the women, despite the varying degrees of experience at play would be bolstering for Natalie. She would remind herself that Vanya, as she had made plain back on the bed in the master cabin of the docked boat they'd booked, that the android was putting herself out there for a world of potential hurt as well. It wasn't just physical horizons that they were both trying to expand, to play upon the words that Vanya had just used. That was where the desire to keep plowing forward in a station that should have made her shy back really built upon. She'd been burned so many times, that she wanted, needed, craved a moment where it all worked. And this was the one person in her life that had been there for much of her past, that she was willing to push through that hesitation. And if that meant that not only were her horizons spreading, but quite literally, her legs under the table well, that merited a tittering little startled giggle. 

"Is that's what we're expanding?" she fired back, squirming about slightly as the foot dropped down for a brief moment, stroking less immediately intimate skin. Now that it was unwelcome. Artificial though she might have been, one could not tell by the touch of skin to skin. Not quite a seduction, more an exploration. Natalie could work with that she supposed. Not that she could directly reciprocate at the moment, her own legs too short to close a similar distance to Vanya, and her own courage perhaps not quite that brightly burning. It was enough for her to allow the actions, and to try to banter - to flirt - with her friend. Horizons indeed. 

All the same, the Martian's breath hitched in the back of her throat as Vanya became emboldened and brought her foot back up once more, along the outside of her leg. A toe hooked into the fabric that lay nestled under the layers of silk. Though not silk itself, and not in the style of a local - she hadn't even bothered to check that - Natalie had replicated underwear that was slightly more appropriate to the moment at hand than simple Starfleet standard issue. Again, she had sought help from Thea, of all sources, whom had been delighted at the option to make suggestions. Vanya would not be able to discern thing such as a color from the contact, but as the warm toes pulled, and tugged and gently brushed soft skin that had been previously hidden, she'd be able to tell that lace was in play, not simple cotton.

Bless her, Natalie mewled at the touch, just as Vanya let it all fall back into place with a snap, and the waiter stepped up out of the depths that the man seemed to lurk in, waiting to pounce upon Natalie with a preternatural prowess, knowing just when the paler brunette would be most vulnerable. She swallowed down a yelp, coughed slightly, and forced a smile back onto her face as Vanya and she thanked the man. The dessert did look delicious, and she took a moment to contemplate it, and a proper response to her date. "I believe the idea is to dip the fruit into the cream and then eat it, Vanya." She was pleased enough at her deadpanned tone, and utterly ignored the fact that the Android was likely as not talking about the ventures beneath the table that the fruit before them. But Natalie forged a head this time. She couldn't reach her friends unmentionables and probably wouldn't try if she could, but what Natalie did have in reach was a bowl of chilled berries and an inviting cream.

Deftly snatching one of the swollen orbs between her fingers, and hoping no one was watching, she rolled it back and forth, before sweeping it through the cream, leaving a stiff peak in the wake of the bowl, and one curling away from the berry. "Like this," and then she slowly devoured the morsel, licking at a bit of cream at the corner of her mouth after. Flavor had exploded down her pallet as she did, teasing a little noise in the back of her throat. The waiter was right - these were delicious, and in teasing Vanya she realized suddenly just why they were so popular with couples. Biting her lip after, she repeated the process - plucking another berry, boldly as she could mange (how did one be bold with berries, she wondered) and swept it through the cream. This time she left her elbow planted on the table and held the coated fruit out, arm tilted forward to Vanya, with an eyebrow raised, in an open invitation.

Reply #51
[Lt. Vanya | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Brutus

Vanya watched with fascination, like an artist watching the technique of their peer as Nat surrounded the first berry with cream    She was doing well, pulling the experience out, then pushed it between her soft lips.  The perfume from the berries and the thick texture of the cream registered with Vanya’s nose.  Berries were often a form of confectionary that seemed to be acceptable to the healthier aspects of many cultures and races, although many more have spent considerable resources into creating artificial confections that have far greater health drawbacks.  None of which would impact on Vanya though. 

Her train of thought was interrupted by Nat taking another Berry and covering it in cream.  This time in a gesture, she held it out between them.  She allowed herself to rise, stopping less than an inch before the offered morsel.    The Romulan beauty pushed out the tip of her tongue between her lips, brushed against them, before pushing forward, covering the treat with her mouth, and then wrapping her lips around the tips of the operation officer’s fingers  She lingered for a moment crushing the berry in her mouth with her tongue, and slowly.   

“Quite the Treat” Vanya said at last.  "Let me try."

The android took another berry and scooped up the biggest load of cream that she could manage.  When she had done, she leaned forward, the fruit was inches from her own lips, but it was clear that she was still holding it for Nat. 
Inhabiting my head are:

[Lt. Vanya |Assistant Science Officer| USS Theurgy]

[Lt. J.G Foval |Assistant Diplomatic Officer |USS Theurgy]

Reply #52
 [Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Stark | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Number6  
[Show/Hide]

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Natalie swore she could hear her own pulse beating between her ears, feeling it on the tips of her fingers as she held the little morsel of fruit and cream out for Vanya to take. She watched, her eyes wide, as the Romulan leaned in, hovering over the finger full of dessert, having to ease up out of her seat slightly to manage the gesture. There were eyes watching - discreetly of course, no one in the dockside restaurant was actively starring, no one was that crass - as the pointed eared diner drew the moment out. In reality it happened swiftly, over all, but to Natalie, who hung on every movement, every flick of Vanya's darting tongue, first over plump lips, then over the fruit itself, the moment seemed an eternity.

What then must it have been for the Android, who could perceive the passage of time so much more thoroughly that Natalie might ever understand? 

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. A shiver ran down the Martian's spine as the Romulan across from her devoured Nat's offering, and sucked gently on Natalie's fingers in the process. As when she had tugged at the fabric of Nat's undergarments moments before, the action drew a sharp, soft gasp from Nat's lips. Every time she tried to be a bit brazen herself, her date turned the tables on her and left the one feeling breathless and flushed in the face. Not, she had to admit to herself, that she minded. To be actively pursued an sought after like this was invigorating. She was aware of herself enough to know and acknowledge that as new and potentially terrifying as this was, it was thrilling as well, and she wiggled her fingers after, rubbing the pads of her tips against her thumb as she drew her hand back. "Looked like that tasted good," she observed quietly, in response, as Vanya eased back into her seat and reached for a berry herself. 

Again, the little ritual unfolded. The berry was taken from the bowl, and swept through the rich cream to swirl up a stiff, prominent peak on both the bowl and the fruit. And again, the morsel was offered, held up between the two women. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. The invitation was clear. 'Come and get it,' the other woman's expression practically crooned the notion. The succulent nibble hung there, catching a bit of the low candle light from below, dancing across the elegant fingers that held it aloft, and playing over the smiling lips that lingered just behind the treat. 

Wondering what the other woman might have up her sleeve, and feeling her heart racing up in to the back of her throat, Natalie leaned forward in turn, easing halfway up out of her seat and bracing her hands on the edge of the table, for support. It'd be just her luck to fall face first onto the table or some such wretched thing at a moment like this when she was tyring to figure out how to flirt back without also spilling out of her dress. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump-Thump-thumpThumpthumpThumpthumpThumpthumpthump her pulse raced as she opened her mouth, and very carefully moved to close attempt to close it over the luscious icoberry and the fingers that held them.

Reply #53
[Lt. Vanya | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime] Attb: @Brutus

Up so close to her, Vanya could detect Nat’s elevated pulse level from her appearance alone.  Theurgy’s sickbay was equipped with the tools necessary for an Audanomic Response Analysis.  Usually used to detect untruths in species where it has a baseline reference, if Nat were hooked up to it, Vanya strongly suspected it would be suggest a cold shower if the subject were on duty.  Fortunately, there was no call for a such a protocol, and a stay on Rura Penthe couldn’t quell the passion Vanya was feeling within herself. 

As Nat’s full lips lingered around the Android’s lender fingers, she took them, still slick with juice from the fruit and cream, and softly caressed the Martian’s lips, rubbing left to right on her top lip, then slowly repeating the process with the bottom.  Pushing herself so that she was face to face with her partner, she allowed herself a small smirk. 

“You know, its almost a pity we didn’t get these to go…  I can’t help but wonder what fun we could have with these on the boat.” 

She then gave a shrug with a delighted face as she shrank back to her seat  “Still, I guess we have the whole trip.” 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #54
[Show/Hide]

Natalie had a deep suspicion that life with Vanya would continue to keep her on her toes for many, many years to come, provided they made it through all of this together. While she'd cooked up a possibility or two, based on proximity from the other woman. Having her lips traced, so slowly and precisely, resulting in juice and cream being smeared delicately across each plump pillow of flesh had not actually been one of the possibilities she had brought forth. Perhaps a deficiency of imagination, or more likely, a lack of experience. Nat was plenty creative in her own rights, just more than slightly out of her depth. In any event, the Martian woman swallowed down the fruit itself, and found herself slightly breathless for the exchange as she pulled back in turn, mirroring the pleased look on the Romulan's face, if unconscious of the results.

Deciding that it would be bad form to simply hover there with her lips a mess, Natalie slowly licked them clean, before patting them dry with her napkin, drawing the whole action out and giving herself a moment to become something approaching collected. Of course, licking her lips clean had been some what gratuitous - even she was aware enough of that. But then, the whole exchange of dessert was just that. Gratuitous. She took a moment to sip the potent brew steaming from the traditional metal mug in which it had been served, one for each of them, finding the usually too bitter Klingon coffee to pair surprisingly well with their chosen dessert. It sent a shiver down her spine, though did nothing to cut through the pleasing buzz of the earlier wine. Like as not it would just keep her energized later. 

Which...was not a bad thing. 

"You're a creative girl, Vanya," Natalie mused after a moment, spearing a fruit with her fork this time and plopping the berry between her teeth with a sharp bite. A bit of juice dribbled down her lip, which she chose to ignore only long enough to say, "I'm sure we can sort out something to occupy ourselves with when we get back to the boat, even without the aid of cream covered berries." Did I really just say that aloud? she mused, again patting her lips clean, before offering another morsel up to her date. She had, indeed done just that, and what was more, she didn't regret it in the slightest. Far from it. The prospects were now tantalizing, instead of nerve wracking.

Of course, they did have to get through the dinner first, or what was left of it, before they could properly explore the confines of the boat and what might or might be promising within.

Reply #55
[Lt. Vanya | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ] Attn: @Brutus

The game was becoming fun now, ad Nat spiked a berry on her fork and put into her mouth.  Vanya made a show of watching the juice dribble.  Retrieving her own utensil, she carefully piled threeberries in the middle of the fork.    She waved the fork in front her eyes, this way and that, before biting one of the berries off. 

What can I say?” Vanya said.  “Multi-tronic pathways lend themselves towards creativity and inspiration.” 

She swallowed the small fruit, nodding her approval.  “Though I have to confess inspiration without a muse, is like a fire without fuel  And you are certainly my fuel.” Vanya said.  “I  lived from experience to experience, from sensation, but the thing I missed was someone to share my life with.” 

She slid the fork between her lips and ate both  of the berries.  With fork in hand she pointed at the curvaceous martian.  “And that someone seems to be you.” She said playfully. 

Even Vanya’s eyes widened as Nat mentioned something to occpy them when the got back to the boat, and Vanya felt her anticipation start to build.  If her pent up tension could be converted into Dilithium, she could probably be hooked up to a warpcore and take a ship to the Delta quadrant and  back before supper.   

“Occupy?
“ the Android asked.  “I shall expect our time to be totally consumed by our activities this evening.” 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #56
[Show/Hide]

There was a definite enjoyment to be had in the back and forth teasing the two women were indulging in. As long as Natalie did not let her head get in the way of her heart. Hearing things like how she was someone else's muse, a fuel for her creativity, well, that was a great way to let her heart take over and short circuit her brain for a moment. If the wide eyed, slow blinking was anything to judge by.  There was plenty of that in the immediate wake of Vanya's words, and it left Natalie momentarily flabbergasted. Perhaps if she'd ever really indulged in the whole back and forth of dating while she'd been at the academy she might have been better prepared to deal with such things, but she instead felt woefully inept to the task at hand.

How did one flirt back to a comment like that?

"When did you get so good at flattery? And making me feel like I've got butterflies churning about in my stomach?" Natalie fired off after a moment, when her words seemed to be working again. They both knew the stakes, that neither was looking for something casual. Natalie didn't know how to do casual, not really, and if she were, she wouldn't be willing to push far beyond boundaries she thought she had when it came to sexual preference. The fact that her friend was an Android really didn't enter into the equation for Natalie, to her credit. Her only mild hang up was that she'd never had any interest in women before. And as early into this attempt as she was, Nat was contemplating a future with Vanya. Beyond absurd, really.

Which was why she was grinning like an utter loon at the prospect. She lay her chin on her hands, one atop the other, elbows braced, fingers dangling just above the rim of the ratkajino mug. She could feel the wisps of steam curling around her finger tips and purred like a lazy cat - or as close as she could come to do so. She was human after all, not Catian. "Oh, so you're consuming me now, is that the plan?" It sounded like a bad line out of one of the trashy romance novels she might - or might not - have read over the years. But she didn't know how else to banter, to flirt, than to pull examples out of bad books to pad in for the lack of practical experience. Again, her teeth dug into her bottom lip for a moment as she tried to work out the logic of what she just said. Oh hell, she thought, giggling and letting her head hang down bashfully. 

"I guess I'm glad they brought all the caffeine. I'm not sure I have your stamina." She'd seen how Vanya could go and go and go, during their survival training years ago. The prospect was daunting. They were dancing around the subject, but each woman knew the other was talking about physical explorations to occupy the night. A prospect that was...well yes, as she'd said, daunting. But also exciting. in the novel's she'd have something drippingly saucy at this point. But she wasn't actually a novel character. She was a human being, and she flushed in the cheeks at the thought. "This is...going to be very different, isn't it? Not a bad thing, I mean, but...very different." She thought about reaching for another berry, but found the butterflies suddenly too intense for food. There was something akin to hunger there but it wasn't for more dessert, an almost alien impulse for her.

Again...it was invigorating.

Reply #57
[Lt. Vanya| Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime

The android watched as Nat seemed momentarily taken aback by her words.  They were the truth.  Vanya had hoped to forge new connections in her life after she left the academy.  Unfortunately the only person that gave her something different was Laskey, a paternal figure that didn’t reat her with mistrust or scorn.  Sadly, he was lost to her, by an errant spore and then the entire Cayuga was lost to her, she found herself thinking more and more about Nat, so her relief was palpable when she had been delivered to her again 

“Its just the truth as I see it” Vanya said honestly.  Holding the coffee between her hands, she looked at the outline of her reflection in the steamy fluid.  “Having the chance to be with you… well I didn’t think it possible.  I mean, I know I had some fun teasing at the academy, but I mean it didn’t feel so right, but quickly as I got into space, I found myself regretting that we never went further.    I understand the butterflies, but they are things of great beauty.” 

She sipped at the coffee allowing the liquid to refresh her faux organic components. 

“Perhaps.”
Vanya said, taking another hearty draught from the coffee.  “You certainly bring me close to inxotication.”  Vanya couldn’t resist the analogy, but it was true.  After they departed the academy, she found her thoughts would drift more and more to her friend following her absence from her life. 
She watched Nat tru her flirting again, and she laughed, not in a mocking way, but one that conveyed warmth and excitement. 

“Different is something I have been craving for some time.” 
Vanya said putting down her cup  “But I’m glad you’re a part of it.” 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #58
[Show/Hide]

Allowing herself a moment to reflect back to her Academy days, Natalie could see a lot of what Vanya now spoke of, in hindsight. There had been more than one time, during those four years, where the other girl might have made an effort to push things. Were a few words, one way or another, would have changed the nature of their relations. Of course, Natalie couldn't say with any clarity if she would have allowed herself to venture down those paths, had they been offered up to her by the other woman. Seven or so years back, she was a different person than the one she wsa now, sitting across a table on a date with a woman. Seven years ago...well, she remembered finding Vanya objectively beautiful. Almost like a work of art. But that hadn't exactly stirred anything deep when it came to desire. Even if they had shared the occasional hasty sonic shower (in an effort to ensure that Vanya could function, of course. It had been her duty as a friend to ensure that all those nasty impurities were vibrated out, lest the Android find herself struggling to walk to class).

She chuckled softly at the justifications that rose so readily, almost a decade after that incident. Not everything she'd done in that moment could be considered strictly humanitarian. Curiosity had gotten the better of her, just a bit, and again, that was one of those points where, had things gone a little bit different...Different. Yes, that was the point. "I can't say that I would have been fully receptive back then. I wish I could. It would have been nice to be able to relax in that fashion back at during all the stress of the Academy, and the war breaking out. But I was pretty set in my preconceived notions of what was and wasn't appropriate, and what I did and didn't like. I'm glad that I'm getting the chance now, to see how it all unfolds. "

Years of lack of successful romantic attempts does for a perspective change. Same with nearly dying multiple times. Not to mention rather rough experiences with the male sex. No, if Vanya had made an effort to really try to date Nat back then, it would not have gone well. Here and now, Natalie was far more willing to explore the options with perhaps the one person she felt safe with. That was a major factor in all of this.  "To something different," she said, in a sort of mock toast, raising her own mug in turn. The bitter brew seared its way down her throat, without actually causing damage. Like anything Klingon it was a struggle to get down and left one with a heart racing. Good for fighting off fatigue or prying ones eyes open for a long nights sleep.

Screwing up a bit of courage, Natalie leaned back in. she hadn't intended to be the one to push things, or to take any sort of lead. She'd been very much intending to simply go along and see how things developed. But all the back and forth, the admissions, the share vulnerability and the sense of anticipation was starting to sweep her along. A lot of it was the honesty she saw in Vanya, how the other woman was readily committing herself to making this work. In turn that called to Natalie to do the same, to pitch in full on, and not just half heartedly. If whatever was happening was going to work, she had to commit to it. So...

"Lets...go see about something different. I Think I've had enough berries and coffee. I want …whatever it is that's supposed to come next."

Reply #59
[Lt. Vanya | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]

Vanya took a thoughtful sip from her mug.  The caffeine was bitter, but at the same time it excited her sensies.  She listened to Nat, almost apologise for not taking things further when they were at the academy. 

“Time travel is possible, we know that.”  Vanya said.  “There are natural phenomena, alien tech, and I understand calculations from Starfleet officers over a hundred years ago, that allow time travel, and this stuff is tightly regulated.  They don’t to sacrifice our today and tomorrow to set yesterday right.  And I think the same thing is true of regret I guess.  If we focus on what might have been, and what should have been we risk losing our way to the future,” 

Nat raised her mug and proposed a change to something different, and the android responded, finishing the last of the brew.    Vanya wasn’t the post perceptive about emotional issues, but she had learned much in her years in the Federation.  However, she could feel the resolution within Nat and the open mind. 

And there it was,  no rash site to site transport, neither of them dragging by the other by the arm and throwing a handful of the local currency at the waiter in the vague hope that it was sufficient to cover their costs.  A simple inviittion to the next step of the evening

“I’m ready too.”  She said at last. 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #60
[Show/Hide]

Even in passing, time travel gave Natalie Stark a headache. Just listening to Vanya recount the actions of past Starfleet officers, when the likes of Kirk and Spock had figured out the mechanics around time warp, and the slingshot around the sun maneuver, before the Department of Temporal Investigations existed to curtail such activity left the Ops Chief with a hint of pressure and pain behind the eyes. Fleeting, thankfully - chased aside by the Klingon Caffeine in her bloodstream and the prospect of a different sort of exploration ahead of her. The point was well taken though, and she found herself smiling. Going back and changing the past was out of the question, and wouldn't have helped in any event. The trick was not to let thoughts of the past and what might have been consume her and prevent her from exploring what might yet be. Good advice in general, but very good advice in this specific instance. Don't let your head get in the way of your heart, girl. It sounded like something old Boothby would say, which made it good enough for Nat.

"I've never had someone use Time Travel to flirt with me," she pointed out with a wry grin. She wondered if that happened to the ships actual resident time traveler, and then decided she really didn't want to think about the reluctant former cult leader at a time like this, and set that notion aside. "Only you Vanya, only you."

They were in accord it seemed. The little dockside eatery, with its two seater tables, long cloths, and candle lit meal was all well and nice, and the gentle lapping of the water under them was a delight to be sure, but it was time to leave this behind and explore what came next. Nervous flutters beat about Nat's chest. One step at a time. She grinned back at Vanya, a shy, but eager expression, and waved over the waiter. A few moments of back and forth, a placing of a thumb against a scanner, and payment was deducted from the accounts the Aldean government had set up for each officer of the Theurgy that came down on leave. The fictitious woman what Natalie pretended to be had an allocation of funds accumulated based on her Rank, as well as some rewards for actions taken on behalf of the local government. In short, plenty of funds to cover all her expenses this weekend. The PaDD beeped, the server wished them well, and then vanished back to deal with other diners. 

Carefully Natalie rose, taking the time to ensure her skirts were all in place as they should be after Vanya's earlier efforts. She smoothed the front down, adjusted the sweeping sash that flowed across her chest (and confirmed she wasn't about to spill out of the bloody thing), and then deftly stepped around the table. As if they were back at the Academy again, she deftly slid her arm in and around Vanaya's limb, and settled in close to the other woman. But this wasn't the Academy and the gesture was something of an effort for Natalie to make it look natural. Her pulse was racing as she grinned up at the other woman, and inclined her head back toward the sweeping Aldean promenade. Night had truly fallen now, and the streets were lit with a myriad of glow bulbs and shop signs, all leading down toward the river docks and the beaches beyond. "Back to the boat?"

Reply #61
[Lt. Vanya| Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Brutus

Mischief managed (at least in this place) Vanya slid her barefoot back into her shoe and rose to her feet, walking out from behind the table. 

We’re getting closer she thought, as she studied her dress, making sure that it was as immaculate as possible.    As they interlinked arms, Vanya remembered their days at the academy when many would stop and look at them, Vanya’s carefully cultivated confidence and Nat getting swept up in the moment as they walked around campus. 

This was different, but it was also the same.    Because for Vanya it felt as if there were no challenge that the two of them could not face and defeat.    Borg,  Klingon Factions, parasite infested Federation, none of it could succeed in stopping them. 

She looked out to the sea and then out to the shops    The android often felt like places didn’t come alive until nightfall.  Most sentients spent their “day” working, and it wasn’t until the evening kicked in, that the party atmosphere started    While shifts rendered the concept somewhat moot, there was still something magical about the night. 

She turned towards Nat after she asked about going to the boat.    She couldn’t help smirking, an illicitly encounter on the beach would be fun, however, her history with sand was sell documented     

She leant down to Nat’s ear.  “Love to.” She whispered. 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #62
[Show/Hide]

Side by side with Vanya was both familiar and excitingly new, all at once. She'd walked along with the other woman for years at the Academy, but this was different. This held a promise of more to come. Of something unknown to be explored for Natalie and her friend turned...girlfriend? She guessed that was the right word, as weird and strange a notion as that seemed. In the past, when she found herself confronting her notions about what she liked and didn't, she would seek out the one sounding board she could trust to sift through it all and get to the truth. The issue at hand was that said sounding board happened to be Vanya, the source of this new self discovery. She would need to find someone else to talk about all this too, eventually, but for now, she was plowing ahead at full tilt.

A purr bubbled up as a shiver ran down her spine. Vanya had leaned in close, whispering in her ear, and the sensation was delightful to the Martian woman. She let her eyes drift shut for a moment, and focused on the feeling of the warm breath and the tone of the words, trusting Vanya to keep her from falling ass over teakettle as she put one foot in front of the other. It felt like an eternity  that she remained like that, but really only a few seconds passed. Time was always odd when one deprived oneself of a trusted sense. Her eyes fluttered back open again and she grinned, unabashedly up at Vanya, before turning her attention to the path laid out before them, down to the docks. 

Ten minute walk maybe? she thought to herself as she set off. Her eyes darted about, appreciating how different the long promenade of shops looked in the relative darkness, with lights scattered all about. The locals had come out in force, seemingly more relaxed than they had before. She was noticing brighter colors and more daring cuts of clothing among those that passed by, though certainly nothing as gaudy or reveling as one might expect on Risa. And yet you know they have nudist beaches and massage parlors that make sure you're relaxed in every way, and no one seems to bat an eye at that either.

Setting aside thought of more public displays of hedonism, Natalie turned her attention to the next immediate steps for the evening as they strode confidently arm and arm back toward their lodging for the weekend. "When we get back to the boat," she ventured, pulling her eyes from the not too distant sign for the dock, to Vanya again, "Do you think we should set said and get a bit away from the land before setting anchor for the evening, or should we remain berthed for the night? Either is a viable option, and the vessel is already fully stocked with supplies for the weekend, so I think I want to leave this call up to you. What would you like? I'll be happy to make it happen."

Of course, those words were laden with all kinds of other context that Natalie may, or may not have intended.

Reply #63
[Lt. Vanya | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ] @Brutus

The smell of the night filled Vanya’s nostrils.  On the way in, she could smell warmth of the night, now it was disappearing, replaced with the smells of the night.  The food gave way to the smells of vibrant perfumes and colognes, fruity drinks, promising excitement and intoxication. 

Vanya listened to Nat’s question and thought it over carefully.  The truth was that she didn’t care as long as she was with her.  Frankly, if Nat had suggested a quick saunter to the ladies room, Vanya wouldn’t have been able to raise an objection.  And yet,V anya found herself suddenly reflective.   

Within many species that had even conceived of artificial intelligence, particularly forms of android, there had always been the notion of “pleasure robots.” Machines that would be totally submissive to their users wants and needs.    Existing with nothing of their own.  As AI moved from science fiction to technological achievement in many cultures, android design had gone down that path. 

Vanya herself had been designed to act in this way in the last, the compliant love machine, designed to bend to the whims of her targets for as long as it was in her interests to.  Then, she was meant to obey the whim of her makers and send her targets to the end. 

But that wasn’t her creators intention for her.  At least not privately.  She had secretly given Vanya her own personality/  While the submissive sexbox had always suited her when needed, it wasn’t her 

She turned to Nat in answer to her question.  “Let’s go out in the open.  I want to see you at your best” 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #64
[Show/Hide]

In truth, Natalie had not known which option Vanya might have gone with. She had some assumptions as to what the android might like to see unfold as the evening unwound. But docked or on the open water, either would work for what she thought might be on her friends mind. Assuming, of course that the Martian woman's imagination had not gotten out too far ahead of reality. She knew that the Romulan wasn't going to push her any further than she actually wanted to be pushed, but that might mean her friend took things slower than Nat figured she would. She was, at this point, mentally talking herself into a spiral, circling the 'will she, won't she', and set it aside, to focus on the more salient issue as to whether the duo stayed in port or set out to sea. 

A smile blossomed on her face when Vanya decided that away from the docks would be a better bet. In truth, Natalie agreed. The sound of the water around her would be far nicer than the early morning noises of an active dockyard. They never truly slept, places like that, and while she could probably fall asleep there without too much issue, there was no guarantee that she wouldn't be woken by the sound of sailors and workers moving along the planked dock works. Out on the water, there was the constant noise of the sea, (or lake, or river, or whatever body they were moving through) that could lull her to sleep. She'd found that out more than once back on Mars, taking the family boat out onto Lake Cassini. "Then as soon as we're back to the boat we'll change into something less likely to get caught on a stray line," she held up some of the flowing folds of her gown, that exaggerating the issue on hand slightly. "Then we'll head out into the channel. I figure we won't have to stray too far from the coast line tonight, just down to where the river empties out into the bay."

Talking and walking all at once, Natalie explained what little she knew of the area. She confessed as they made their way along, that she had spent some good amount of time researching the travel lanes and anchorage points when she should have been going over personnel evaluations (she'd offered to take a look over some of the tactical officer reviews that Lt. Cmdr. Cross had forwarded to her, before they sent the up the chain to Ducote for final sign off). Plotting out a course (truthfully, multiped, she had to own up to that) had been a much more enjoyable way to spend an hour cooped up in her office. Not exactly a productive way, but enjoyable. 

Finally though, the duo arrived at the dockyard. Turning in past the gate, Natalie found herself eager to proceed, and was moving at a brisk clip, still arm in arm with Vanya and not caring if the roaming guard saw that, or thought anything of it. She could see one or two boats with lights on in their cabins, or passengers lounging about on the deck, enjoying the evening air. "Sound like' someone's shipping out on a party barge," she noted, pointing down a few rows to where what was essentially a covered dance floor with cushions lined up along the sides, on a fairly square shaped hull was heading out into the river channel on repulsor lifts. Lights were strung up around the barge's awnings and she could see people dancing in the distance. At least, she thought it was dancing. Given some of the reports she'd read....

Setting that chain of thought aside,  Natalie turned to their boat, at the end of the wooden plank they were moving along. "Let's go ahead and undo those moorings. Just untie the cable - er rope - and toss it up to the deck while I do the same with this one." Despite her talk about changing into something more appropriate, Natalie decided there was no good reason that once she set foot on the ship she would hop back off it just to shove off. Save the time and get it done now. Putting action to her words and thoughts, she scampered over - careful not to trip or spill out of her sari - and undid the lashing near the stern of the boat. People had been sailing for thousands of years, and rope was still the material of choice for making sure a boat didn't just float off. 

As soon as she was satisfied, she hopped up onto the deck and turned, holding a hand out to help Vanya aboard, inadvertently drawing her in close in the process. Never mind the fact that her friend probably didn't need the help, she never the less found her self face to face from a very short distance with Vanya. "…welcome aboard?"

Reply #65
[Lt. Vanya |Ibai Besi Promenade | Aledea Prime} attn @Brutus

Vanya’s ears pricked up at the sound of changing into something more comfortable.  Trut    was, there as a number of things that she had brought that she could change into.    Computations begtain to run through her head as her companion  spoke about the geography of the location.    Vanya had already researched much of what Nat spoke about, however, she felt as if her enthusiasm gave the dry data a whole new life.  In all honesty, Nat could wax lyrical about the ship’s daily particle emission reports, and she would have Vanya’s rapt attention.   

She caught a glimpse of the party barge.  It was quite the gathering, and were Vanya on her own, she might have even made attempts to insert herself into proceedings on the barge.  But things were different.  She had one of the people she loved mot in her life with her.  “Oh, I’m sure they think they are having a great time, but, the best party is going to be on our boat” 
.” 
With her interest in xenoanthropology Vanya marvelled at how consistently unchanged sea travel was amongst most cultures.  Theorectically you could use a tractor beam to moor a boat in place, but there was the chance that something would always flow into it    The hull of the boat might not be able to withstand the pressures, or the beam might be to weak to hold the boat  On the other hand, a simple rope did the same job for generations 

She tossed the rope upwards and went to board the boat.  Wating for her with arm outstretched was Nat  was Nat    She grabbed the offered arm and stepped aboard.      She took Nat’s arm and found herself pulled in close.  She again found herself feeling the assortment of conflicting emptions    On one hand she wanted nothing more then and there to tear off both of their clothes and begin exploration of her friend.  On the other, she knew that they needed to get out to make the ambience truly right. 

She planted a soft kiss on Nat’s lips, soft quick and playful, but enough to get a taste of them.     

“Thank you.” She said with a wink. 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #66
[Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Stark | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Number6 
[Show/Hide]

While she wasn't quite sure if what would happen on the boat could be properly called a party, as there were only the two of them on the ship, and that barge had a good crowd heading out to sea to stretch their legs and flaunt about, such as it was, the Martian greatly enjoyed her Romulan counterparts confidence and anticipation of how their trip would go. It bolstered Nat's courage around the whole thing, having been a little on edge on and off since proposing the trip. Wine, good food, and getting off the ship had already helped, but again, hearing the assurity in Vanya's voice did far more than anything that Natalie herself had managed so far. She was down right bubbly by the point she was hopping up onto the deck of their rented vessel.

That bubbly sensation threatened to boil over as she stared up at Vanya, the two women with barely an inch between them. Her eyes went wide as she felt as much as watched Vanya lean down to press a kiss to her lips. Deep in her chest, her heart skipped a beat, and then raced into overdrive, threatening to burst right out of her chest. Yes, it was a short kiss, brief and light, but it was their first kiss and that little fact was not at all lost on the human woman, who may or may not have blown it a wee bit out of proportion in her mind. She blinked as her friend pulled back, her cheeks sporting a coloring again that she didn't even bother to try and tamp down on. There was no pretending she was blushing, as she murmured a faint, "wow."

Natalie had been kissed before, of course. The peck on the lips were hardly as heated as some other attention that had been paid to her mouth over the years since the Academy. There had been no tongue at all, and she did know how that felt. But she'd never kissed a girl before. Childish to look at it that way, she knew, but it was there in the back of her mind and she was already over analyzing the whole thing, drawing out a mental comparison chart, weighing the differences between that and prior experiences. And again, this was Vanya, and yes, this was the first of the many firsts that this night, this trip, had been leading up to. That did nothing to alleviate the momentary short circuiting of Nat's brain. The fact that she had the organic brain and Vanya the animatronic brain was equally not lost on Nat.

Rebooting herself (ha) she blinked up at the statuesque woman and swallowed. "You're welcome," she said, louder than her previous breathless exclamation. If she got this flustered over a small peck, this trip was going to kill her. Taking a step back, she gestured toward the cabin. "We should really get below and change. The ship isn't going to float away out into the channel just without the ropes on the dock, so we have a few moments. Best not to uh, trip over the skirts when running up the sail." Logical enough of an argument. A part of her was wondering that perhaps she should have been the one to thank Vanya, for the kiss, instead of the other woman thanking her for a hand up that she didn't need.

Perhaps if you get your bum in gear and get the ship out of the dock there will be more time for thanking her later? Having thus the realization, some of the bubbly energy returned and she bobbed up on the balls of her feet for a moment before rolling back onto her heels, feeling the small craft give a gentle roll in the mostly calm waters of the dock. "Sooner changed, sooner off." she added, making for the gangway below.

Reply #67
[Lt. Vanya |Ibai Besi Promenade | Aledea Prime] attn @Brutus

To be honest, Nat had Vanya at going below decks to change.  The rest of her verbiage was difficult to pick apart, nautical language, and historical nautical language would often be difficult for her to work out.  She was eager to learn of course.  It was just one of many pleasures of sharing Nat’s leave with her.  She kicked off her shoes and was already unfastening her clothes when she got down to the below decks.  She hunted in her bag, making sure the bags contents were obscured from Nat’s view.  She had a few surprises lined up, but thought that the first night should be kept simple.  She dug out a shirt, one that she had kept since their Academy days that Vanya had patterned after those preferred by Nat, and a simple pair of shorts. 

Not even checking to see if Nat was with her, she unfastened her bra and put it down to one side.  She then stepped into the dark green shorts, and put the shirt over her ample charms.  As much as she wanted  to intertwine herself with Nat, Vanya knew they had to get this boat on the road, well sea. 

She threw on the shirt and turned to face the door.  “Oh, hello” she said, looking back at Nat, and taking the moment to fasten one button on the shirt. 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #68
[Show/Hide]

Bare feet padded down the gangway, as Natalie had paused long enough to kick the fancy shoes off her feet and send them down ahead of her. Easier to deal with the stairs that way. Thus it wasn't quite the sound of a thundering herd that descended to the main berth below, but the quiet, gentle pad of skin on the deck. Breezing into the room, Natalie looked around for, and found her bags, hauling one up onto the edge of the bed and sorting through it. Quickly she settled on what she would consider a comfortably tight white button up of light cotton with long sleeves, and a pair of navy blue shorts that cut down to mid thigh. Next to that were a pair of boat shoes, with good grip to keep her from sliding about.

Unlike her date for the weekend, Nat did set out a bra to wear, a fairly hefty sports bra. She glanced back just in time to catch a view of bare breast from the side, and twisted her head back around swiftly, with a blush on her cheeks. Keeping her back firmly in the direction of Vanya, Nat stripped and dressed at what felt like warp speed, while she strove to pick apart her reaction. It wasn't as if she hadn't seen Vanya naked. Her first encounter with the woman had ended up with the Android bare skinned and measuring Nat for uniform adjustments. It was hardly the last time her friend the unrepentant nudist had strutted about in her birthday suit, and Natalie had thought herself used to the state of undress. 

Yet now, here she was, blushing and full of anticipation. She supposed that part if it might have been the passing years since she'd last been in such constant, close proximity. Or it could be that you're heavily crushing on your best friend and that paints everything in a new light. Even her own internal monologue was giving her grief. It didn't help that the little voice in her head was right. Still - having secured her bust behind the sports bra, Nat pulled the shirt on and rapidly buttoned it up, before sliding into her shoes and wiggling her toes. She went up and then rocked back on her heels, satisfied with the fit.

"Hello yourself," Natalie replied, letting her gaze flick up and down, amused at the attire her friend had chosen, and the inadvertent similarity to what she herself wore, save for the coloration. Though, she supposed she had to allow that the selection in attire had not been inadvertent at all, but planned and calculated. Vanya certainly possessed a decent repository of data to work against and predict what Nat might wear, though there had been some seven years, give or take, of change on Natalie's part. Still, the Martian put those thoughts out of her head and beamed at her friend, holding her hands out. "Come on. Once we get topside, I'll rig the sails while you collect all the cordage - er rope," she amended, "And then I'll get us out into the channel. I can go over the controls while I'm navigating us, if you'd like. If you'd rather sit back and relax, I'm perfectly fine with that too."

There was a certain confidence in her words that shown through the bubbly babble she flung at Vanya, the smile never leaving her face. It was bright, and genuine, full of excieted delight.

Reply #69

Vanya was a very sophisticated Android, while she wasn’t up to the standard of a Soong type machine, she was still a fast learner    She could be come an effective expert, or a least a learned observer of a topic within a couple of hours.  The simple truth was that she could have learned the core principles of sailing in a few hours.  But she had managed to resist the urge.  Instead she preferred to be with Nat on the high seas, learning by doing. 

The decision that Vanya made was already starting to appear to be right as Nat enthused.  She could clearly detect the enthusiasm in her voice.  Would the database entry on sailing have conveyed this?  Would the database look so alluring and enticing at it sought to demonstrate the technical terms and habits ?  Was the database the first person to treat her like she wasn’t something to be despised, feared or studied? 

No, she was looking forward to getting ever scrap of sailing data from Nat herself.  She intoned as much to her. 

“Are you kidding?” she said in answer to Nat’s offer.  “Even if I didn’t need to relax, I intend to spend as many seconds as possible in your company. 

She gave Nat a playful wink and started to make her way topside.  The adventure was just beginning. 
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #70
[Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Stark | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @number6

[Show/Hide]

"Right then, up you go. I'll get the sails squared and then just watch and learn. Remember, wrap the rope as you pull it in. Don't want either of us tripping over a stray line." THere was a sense of authority, but more the kind that came from someone with experience talking to someone with out, and considerably less of the assertion of rank. Vanya seemed to have no issue with the instructions, and Nat looked foward to the teaching moments that were sure to follow throughout the trip.

Ever since their first meeting at the Academy, Natalie had found an artistic sort of appeal in the female form - at least when it was represented by Vanya. That appreciation had increased dramatically when she had realized that Vanya came by her good looks not via genetics, but design. An extra layer, she supposed, to that appreciation had formed. It did not change Natalie's opinion of the woman who had been rapidly becoming a friend up until that point, but simply allowed her to enjoy more of the nuances that made up who and what Vanya was. 

But as she followed Vanya up the gangway to the top deck, Natalie had to admit that her 'artistic' appreciation of Vanya's beauty was rapidly shifting under the light of relationship potential. An adjustment to be sure. Up until that point she'd enjoyed the aesthetics of the female form in passing. Now there was an active admiration, and even an attraction that was wholly new and certain to take some time to process. If she let herself dwell on the matter too long. Again, she had to suppose that there was less of a chance that she would now herself attracted to women by and large, and more that the attraction was related to who it was she found appealing, and not the specific plumbing or packaging.

Which was a typically long winded way of Natalie rationalizing a simple fact; she thought Vanya's ass looked really good in those shorts, and being the second one up the stairs, she was offered a unique angle for such appreciation.

Having come to this realization, Natalie decided she was better off not letting herself get lost in the 'how did I get here and what does this mean' nature of psyche, and instead allow herself to simply enjoy the view. Likely the lingering wine buzz from dinner, mixed with the anticipation of getting under way, contributed to this healthy decision. She surfaced shortly behind Vanya, and made her way to the ship's bow, pulling on lines and slowly letting out the sail rigging. She popped a finger into her mouth and whetted it, raising to get a bearing on the wind and adjusted their tack.

"Okay, favorable wind for getting out of port. And we're heading down current so...four degrees..." soon she was lashing the sail into place and grinning. The control console by the wheel of the ship would allow her to remotely make updates of course, provided she lashed the lines to the proper anchor points. And she had. But she liked the hands on feeling.

Reply #71

Vanya’s grace and programming meant that tripping over was almost inpossible for her.  The android chose not to raise the issue, Nat would still be suspeptible to the rope, and Vanya had no desire to frame herself as superior.  As they made there way up the steps, Vanya couldn’t put her finger on it, but she had an odd sensation of being observed.  It was odd for her to have instincts in this way, and after mulling things over,  she decided not to look back. 

She picked up the rope as Nat instructed and carefully  tied off the ropes as Nat instructed.  Tucking the ropes away.  Satisfied that the ropes were securely tied away, she returned to see Vanya licking her finger and holding it out to the air.  A wide smile crossed her face as she saw her friend, the person she cared most about make the navigational calculation using her finger and saliva    A crude method, but from what Vanya’s internal positioning system could detect, absolutely accurate. 

“How do you manage that?” [color] she asked.  She licked her finger and held it up in an attempt to ape her.  She wore a confused expression as she attempted to get a “reading”. 

“How do you manage it?” she repeated.  “I mean, I’ve got an internal positioning system.  But humans were ‘designed’ to hunt and avoid being hunted not navigate boats.  Whats the secret?”
Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #72
[Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Stark | Dockside Restaurant | Ibai Besi Promenade | Aldea Prime ]Attn: @Number6 
[Show/Hide]

By the time that the Martian had adjusted the cut of the sail, her date for the weekend had carefully corralled all the mooring cables and most of the loose cordage as well, into nice neat piles that even Nat, whom had been on occasion clumsy in the past,, would likely not trip over. Judging by the smile on her face, the boats captain rather appreciated the diligent efforts of the only other person aboard, who made up the entirety of her 'crew'. Giggling at the thought she blinked and tilted her head, an amused smile gracing her lips, as Vanya mimicked her own actions, and then lobbed some questions at Nat. The giggle became a laugh, and pausing simply to make sure the lashings were in place, the brunette instead headed to the wheel, and not the Android.

"Come over here while I get us started," she merrily suggested, gesturing for her friend to follow, and settled herself in behind the control console. She spared only the quickest of glances at the electronic readouts to confirm her general impression, and then spun the wheel a half turn as the wind caught her sails, and pushed the boat out from the dock. If she needed to she'd trigger the repulsor engines to really get them going, but for the moment, it was favorable conditions for a power free departure.

Ticking the wheel another two points to the east to fall in line with the well marked exit channel (little lights bobbing up and down in the middle of the path between the various docks, heading toward the center of the massive main river through Aldea Prime), Natalie grinned up at her friend. "I don't think we'll run into any other boats or buoy's for the moment. Which is could, because that would be very embarrassing if we damaged the boat before getting it out of the harbor." Her smile grew a tad nervous, and she glanced once more at her instrumentation, but the readings displayed on the navcom only reassured her of her initial take on their course. Satisfied there, she turned back to the taller woman, and bit her lower lip.

"Part of it is practice and experience. While it's been a few years since I've really gone sailing, I've been on boats on and off for all my life, and I picked up a lot going out on the lake with my Dad." Experience was a thing hard-earned, and often lead to the ability to do, and deduce a myriad of facts and feats that would confuse others, in any field. "Spending time out on the water, you learn to do a lot by feeling. And well, Human intuition. Its an evolved trait to be sure. Humanity was sailing its lakes, and seas, and oceans for millennia before we set off into the stars. I'll admit that it was a bit of guess work and gut feeling with exactly how many degrees to adjust the sail, but it was easy enough to garner the general direction."

Checking the display again, Natalie pondered how else to show it, and shrugged. Satisfied that in a few minutes they'd be in the main channel, and then she'd have to turn her attention to navigation again, the shorter of the duo focused on Vanya and her nautical discourse until then.  "The whole idea of wetting the finger is to get a general sense of the direction the wind is blowing in. See, when you get it wet....well." Impulsively, she grasped her friends hand, and brought it up. Probably, the buzz from the wine let her think this was a good idea. That was the excuse she'd make, if pressed. She certainly wasn't this suave or calculating normally.

But she took Vanya's hand and raised it to her lips, then sucked one of the fingers between them. She took her time, watching the Android, blushing all the while as she wetted the digit, and then slowly drew it out of her mouth. Pursing her lips, she blew, and twisted her head to one side, then the other, to mimic the feeling of the wind. "See? You can feel the direction of the wind against the dampness on the finger. It feels cooler in the direction the wind is coming from." Or in this case, the direction that Natalie had been blowing.

Reply #73
[:t. Vanya |Ibai Besi Promenade | Aledea Prime] attn @Brutus
Vanya’s inquisitive expression gave way to a wide grin as Nat licked, the sucked and then blue on her finger    She let out a little gasp not so much in shock, more in anticipation.  She held her finger up to her lips and rubbed it thoughtfully, in an expression of mock concentration. 

“Curious.” The Android replied a hint of deadpan creeping into her vpice.  I would ask for another lesson but I think I might get lost in the practice… and experiment a little too much.    Finally she reached out and cupped Nat’s cheek with her hand.   

“Humanoids are so interesting though.”[/color] She repeated.  “It would be easy for a machine to dismiss you all as infinitely inferior to us.  But you aren’t.    Your kind conceived of my kind.”  She tapped her temple. [color=limegreen “You did so much, for all your problems, humans have more of their shit together than most, with little tricks like this.”  [/color]

[color=limegreen“Sorry”[/color]  she said sheepishly, she didn’t like bringing attention to her differences to biological.  Her emotional matrix was more keenly developed than other Ais she could mention, yet there were still moments when her enthusiasm for understanding humans got the better of her. 

[color=limegreen“So”  [/color] she asked, [color=limegreen“What next?”[/color]

Inhabiting my head are:

Reply #74
[Show/Hide]

Given the evidence on hand, Natalie's little impromptu lesson in the less precise methods of navigation that humans sometimes relied on seemed to have gone over rather well with Vanya. The android woman was attentive, interested, and if Nat was any judge, amused. Possibly aroused, but that was a field where the Martian had very little practical experience to draw upon to form any opinions that she might consider conclusive. She herself was feeling a little flushed after the intimate demonstration, but at the same time, perky and pleased with the results.

Natalie found herself nuzzling her friends hand as Vanya went on a small discourse as to the nature of humanoid android relations, humanity, and probably Natalie herself. She would admit later that she lost track of it, just a bit. Her friends touch was inviting, and her face was so very close. Getting lost in her gaze was a somewhat new experience, but not necessarily a bad one. Certainly it was pleasing. 

Vanya apologized and pressed for 'what comes next' but Nat wasn't quite through with the conversation she had half spaced out on. Moving up, onto the tips of her toes, she pressed a light kiss to her date's cheek, rolling back down. on her feet after. "You getting all enthusiastic is cute, you know. Don't apologize for that." 

Following her words with a gentle tap on the statuesque woman's nose, she spun on her heel and took in the ship as a whole. It had started to sway side to side, gently, as it entered the channel, and the sails rippled in the wind, snapping taut. Dancing her fingers along the spoke of the wheel, she inched it a bit to the right - Starboard she reminded herself - and pondered. 

"Well, for now we'll follow the channel markers out to a good point to toss down the anchor for the night. I don't want to travel too far out to sea in the darkness. We'll save that for after the sun comes up. The maps that were pre-loaded on the ships navigational computer," she tapped the display that she'd so far barely glanced at - " have a few locations marked out for just such an anchorage."

Pursing her lips, Nat turned back to Vanya and gave a little shrug and a small smile. "If you meant what's next between us?" She wagged her finger back and forth between them, "As far as the rest of the evening goes, I have no idea. Uncharted waters we're swimming in here."

Simple Audio Video Embedder