Skip to main content
Topic: Day 17 [0900 hrs.] Mission Breakfast Operation (Read 3955 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 17 [0900 hrs.] Mission Breakfast Operation

[ Lt Cmdr Thomas "Razor" Ravon | Kestrel | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon

The 8 hour shift had come to an end as paperwork would be in order for the patrol run. Thomas sat in the cockpit of his Valkyrie as the systems were cooling down and switching off one by one. The rest of his pack had returned with him and were already in the process of stepping out of their ships. Thomas remained seated for a bit more as his canopy remained closed and the deckhands gathered around his ship to help him step out. He looked at the screens and decided to sign them off first before leaving his fighter "Razor to missions ops, signing out. Thanks for the help." he was about to sign off now before he realized he hadn't talked to Henshaw for a while now "Say Cameron, you should be ending shift too right? Would you mind if we grabbed a bite together before we headed off to sleep?"

He waited to hear her reply first before he had to laugh "Well, how about you can pick where we eat? Planet side or aboard the ship. I'm easy." he offered her and when he heard her answer he smiled "Sounds good to me, I'll meet you there in say... An hour?" The pilot powered down the rest of his fighter after that and hopped out s he gave the deck hands a few things to check on his fighter. After that he made his way to the locker room, showering and freshening up with the rest of his squadron before moving back out to walk to the Turbolift.

After choosing his destination he leaned against the wall of the lift as he moved his neck from side to side. He was tired, yet not exhausted. Breakfast would help in falling asleep shortly after, yet he wanted to check in with Cameron first. The last time he saw her, she had asked him to fill her in on space combat and tactics that the wolves utilized in combat situations. Seeing that they had endured their first intense space battle at the battle of the Azure Nebula, he wanted to see if what he had learned her had paid off. Or if she needed more details altogether. Either way, he knew the girl had gone through a lot since Starbase 84 and he was genuinely curious on how she was holding up after the stressful time.

The lift arrived at it's destination and Thomas stepped out before looking around to see if he couldn't spot the yeoman first before she spotted him.

Re: Day 17 [0900 hrs.] Mission Breakfast Operation

Reply #1
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Flight Ops | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
The Fighter Bay staff was starting to rotate from the night crew, to the morning shift. Cam had already handed off her station to another member of the crew and had given a rather exaggerated yawn, stretching her arms well into the air as she did so. Her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, and her uniform was perfectly pressed. “Oh, wait.” She piped up before she turned on her heel right back around the station and tapped a few commands into the LCARS panel, watching the systems display lights in front of her do a few things as she finished the diagnostic that she’d been running for the past several hours. “Now I’m done.” She quickly transferred the data to a PADD and gave the crewman a little wink before she made her way to the turbolift. She kept the active line to Thomas open while she made her way across the room, intending to finish that last task before turning in.

“Yea?” She asked, directed towards the non-corporeal voice of the pilot. She leaned against the back wall of the lift and chewed on her lower lip for a moment as she mulled over the idea, “Sure, I'll warn you though, I’m so tired though that I think a Gormagander would make for a better conversational partner, but I’ll try.” Her voice was absolutely dripping with amusement, but it was also clearly tired. She waited a moment to hear what the pilot had to say, her face breaking into her own smile as she heard the laugh on the other end of the comm. “How about shipside?” She wasn't sure if she'd be able to stay awake long enough to make it some place to eat down on the planet. Or even if she could, stay up long enough to make it back to her quarters. The doors to the lift sealed shut with an all too familiar hiss before she spoke up, “Meet me in the Whetstone lounge? Mess is probably chaos right now.” She raised a brow in questioning, as if the man could see it. “Deck ten.” She pushed herself off the wall and pulled once on her uniform to straighten it out. “Sounds good, Henshaw out.” She tapped her combadge and it gave the usual chirp. The turbolift hummed to life as it moved through the bowels of the Theurgy at top speed. It stopped once on deck four to pick up another member of the crew, an Engineer.

She stopped by her quarters on her way down to give her face a quick wash, mostly to wake herself up more than anything else. Upon entering she tossed the PADD onto her couch. Her feet carried her straight to the bathroom to freshen up from her long shift. Cam looked up from the sink to look at her own face and paused for a long moment. She quickly looked over her shoulder at the empty, silent room. Small, holographic pictures moved in small frames or within the confines of small projectors, memorials to the loved ones that she’d lost, built up in the mausoleum that was her quarters. It was eerie, and so horribly, dreadfully lonely. It was part of the reason she was working herself like a dog. She certainly knew that she wasn’t alone, at least subconsciously, but she couldn’t help but feel that way. Something in her head told her that she was that way, no matter what. It seemed whatever she touched withered away. She looked into the mirror again, “Snap out of it.” She brought her hand up and smacked herself, not hard, but just enough to bring herself back into the present.

A deep breath escaped her chest, and she walked out of her quarters, heading straight for the Lounge. Once she was inside, her chocolate hues scanned the room for a good spot, and once she spotted one she turned to the left to the replicator, “Pot of coffee, black and...a scone with clotted cream and strawberries.” The computer gave her a quick bleep of acknowledgement before her order materialized before her eyes and she took the tray to a spot towards the middle of the room, facing the windows, her back to the entrance. It had been a while since she’d last spoken to Thomas, and she was glad for the company.

Given that her back was turned, when he entered, she did not spot him right away. On the contrary, she was far too involved with pouring and smelling a delicious cup of coffee to spot anybody. She’d also poured a second cup though, and set it at the seat adjacent to her. She sat up a bit taller where she was sitting and took a good, long sniff right from the brim of the cup before she let out a contented sigh. She let her shoulder fall back into the soft plush of the sofa before she took a drink and set the cup down on the table in front of her, next to the chess board. Being off duty, she reached behind her head and pulled the hair-tie out before she shook the gingery-brown locks free and stared out into the endless, frozen void of space. It was so unwelcoming and dangerous and yet, something about it was so enchanting to her.

Reply #2
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas  Ravon | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon

Things weren't quite as busy at the Whetstone lounge and Thomas walked past a few people as his eyes scanned the room for the woman he was looking for. He didn't quite stop her immediately and wondered if he were that much faster than her. He lounged by the bar, not taking any drinks yet as he looked around before he did spot her as she sat with her back towards him. He smirked and scolded himself for not spotting her sooner. She was in the process of removing her pony tail and letting her hair flow free.

The pilot came up behind her as the woman seemed sunken in thoughts as she stared out the viewport. he decided to let his presence be known by placing his hand on her shoulder "Cameron?" he said softly as he took his seat next to her. Already there was a pot of black gold waiting for him and the smell of it reached his nostrils which made them flare open as he savored the smell of it. It woke him up slightly more as he straightened his back for a second "Penny for your thoughts." he smirked, using the old Terran expression. He had picked it up in one of the old Terran movies when he was young, liking the ring of it despite not having a clue what a penny was.

He looked at her breakfast and figured he's have to go take something of his own. For now though, he was just content with the coffee. He added some sugar in it before stirring into the cup as he looked out at the vastness of space. He looked back at her as he bumped his shoulder into hers with a smile "What have you been up to during our Aldean downtime?" he asked her. He had noticed that she did the most horrible shifts at times, nobody liked the graveyard shifts. Though Henshaw seemed to be doing them all for some reason, which was nice for Thomas as it meant having a regular voice to talk to during flights.

After hearing her answer he did have to smile faintly "You know, you look nothing like a Gormagander now that I come to think of it." he studied her features and demeanor in the meantime. The pilot felt tired and probably looked tired, though he could never sleep directly after his shift. His mind still budy with things as his body would near the point of fatigue. It served for a hard time to fall asleep, thus he totally figured this would be well spent time.

He wasn't a counselor or a anything remotely close to it, though he knew that the loss of her 'father' at SB 84 had to weigh on her. He threaded carefully before asking softly to her "How have you been holding up otherwise? I mean, after Starbase 84..." he kept his voice low on purpose to not be overheard by anyone else. He took the mug into his hands and raised it up to his lips to sip from it as the hot beverage swiftly trailed down his throat into his stomach. It warmed him up and made him relax more as he kept looking at Cameron.

Reply #3
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

The chrome and black replicated coffee pot on the table steamed beside the delectable pastry. Cam was still staring out the viewport, chocolate eyes tracing imagined artistry in the stars. She was born on a Federation ship. The stars were her home, and the loving look on her face spoke to that. The trance broke after a moment though, and her focus went down to her coffee. Once she’d pulled the hair tie out of her hair, which was a small, elastic, and electric blue thing, she pulled it over her wrist.

She looked over her shoulder once she felt the hand, but she also did a little bit of a jump, not quite expecting it. “Oh!” She turned and laughed, softly at first before it transferred into a more friendly giggle. She budged up to make some more room on the sofa for him and gave a shrug, “Right now my thoughts are on this coffee and that scone.” She looked over at the scone like it was a lover, “And then maybe a drink.” She shot him a little grin. Though after a moment she did give him a more serious answer, but only after she’d broken eye contact.

“Plenty on my mind.” She stated, as if it were just a simple matter of fact. As if it were almost silly to ask! Then she paused and turned back to look up at him. She watched him add the sugar to his coffee before she brought her own mug back up to her lips and took a good, long drink. When it broke away from her lips, she licked her lower lip and rose a brow, “What have I been up to?” She looked around, “Well, I went to that Yacht Party yesterday..other than that, I’ve been trying to keep busy.”  Hence the night shift, which she didn’t mind at all really, it kept her from doing nothing, which kept her from thinking. Which was good. Besides, it gave her a chance to talk to some people, like Thomas.

She gave him a wry grin and set down her cup for a moment before she framed her face as if imitating a holopicture, Really, you can’t see the resemblance, at all?” She dropped her arms and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a little squeeze, “I’ll take that as a compliment.” She nodded before she removed her hand and reached back down for her cup, “How about you?” She took another sip of the coffee, and looked at him over the rim of the mug, chocolate eyes transfixed. It was not the studious look a counselor would give a patient. It was something different.

If he looked tired, she didn’t point it out. She was studying his features as much as he was studying hers. When he came to his next topic though she froze. Right in her tracks she froze. “Been better.” She admitted. There was no use in denying it. She put the mug down and reached forward for her scone, pulling it in two she offered the other half over to Thomas, “But I’ve also been a whole lot worse.” She’d hit bottom. She’d hit bottom not very long ago actually, but now she was climbing back up. It was a start.

She looked at the half of the scone that she wasn't offering over to him, and took a bite out of it, savoring the rich taste of the pastry intermingling with the flavor of the clotted cream and the sliced strawberries. It wasn't as good as the fresh thing, but the replicated version would do. She gave the tray she was holding out in offer a little shake as she gently smiled, making sure to keep her mouth shut, given she had food in it.

Reply #4
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas  Ravon | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon

As Thomas settled in on the sofa, he listened to Cameron as she spoke of what was one her mind. She stated the obvious which only made the pilot laugh and shake his head before she added more seriously that there was plenty on her mind. He didn't move deeper into it and instead listened to what she had been up to during the downtime "Oh, I heard about that... Had fun? Soaked up some sun?" he asked a bit teasingly, yet only meaning so in a playful gesture as he nurtured his cup of coffee in the meantime.

He had to laugh as she called him out on not seeing her as a Gormagander "You really should take it as a compliment." he laughed. He still chuckled as she asked what he had been up to and he had to think for a moment. He sipped from his cup first and shrugged "Patrol runs, been down on the planet." he paused for a second as he reminded himself of the situation that had escalated with Zephyr on the planet. How it had broken whatever was between the both of them. In turn, he found out about Zyrao though. A special kind of woman that didn't mind a good sparring session which was working out quite well at the moment "I've not gone to any parties or such, just you know... Exploring." he smiled faintly as looked back at Cameron. He noticed how she was looking at him and didn't exactly minded as he took another sip of his coffee.

he hit a more sensitive topic as he could tell by the way she reacted to the question. He nodded slowly as she admitted to having been better. He watched her break the scone in two before offering him a piece and he accepted it as he took it in his hand. She said she had been a whole lot worse and Thomas couldn't exactly blame her for it. He nodded again as he looked at the scone "You know... You have friends aboard the ship right? I mean, I know we aren't exactly close or anything in particular, though we do talk regularly over comms." he paused for a bit as his own green eyes flashed over to her brown ones "All I'm saying is... If you need to talk or vent. My door is always open for you. I mean, we all have problems or issues." he smiled faintly as he took a bite from the scone, some of it crumbling down on his uniform.

He hadn't tasted these ever and the flavors that triggered his tasting buds made him cover up his mouth before he placed the scone back down on the plate. He swallowed it first and drank some coffee after it before smiling "What is that?" he asked her curiously "I've never ever had that before! But it's good."

Reply #5
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
She watched him settle in and rolled her own shoulders back. She took a good gulp of coffee before she set the cup back down and she let out a deep breath as she dipped her head side to side in a fashion meant to mean ‘Eh’. “It was fun, yea.” Fun enough at least. She smirked though, not missing the tease. “I’d honestly rather keep busy up here than down there if I’m being honest though.” It kept her mind from wandering where she didn’t want it to. It kept her engaged.

She gave him a little wink and glanced at her reflection in the glass briefly, Gomagander or not, that reflection still haunted her. She turned away in a flash. She quickly glued a smile back onto her face, and it was a real smile to an extent. She gave him a nod, “Always good to explore, and there’s plenty of it to do.” She continued to look but she did stop after a moment. Cam was at the core, still Cam. She was...quite fond of the company of men. Right then though, she was just happy to have a friend. “You know, if we ever get the chance, I’d like to get a closer look at the inside of one of the fighters, really get to see what makes them tick.” She lowered her voice, almost conspiratorially (though the tone of it was entirely done in jest), “Maybe even fly one.” The request however, was entirely serious.

She looked down at the scone before she looked back up to him. Her chest rose and fell with each breath she took and those chocolate eyes finally rose up his body, moving up his torso before finally locking onto his face, “I know I have friends.” It was short, brisk. She locked her eyes onto his for a moment. Her face spoke of the wheels turning in her head though, thoughts that she wasn’t sure if she could share or not. “Thank you.” She offered once, “I appreciate it. The same goes for you.”

Watching the scone fall slightly down his uniform she gave a soft laugh. She’d lost so much recently that she’d forgotten what she still had. It was around her all the time, surrounding her, right in front her, so close that she’d missed it. As if she’d ‘lost’ a pair of glasses that had been on her face the whole time. She grabbed a napkin and offered it over to him.

“It’s a scone. You’ve never had a scone?” She seemed absolutely scandalized by that revelation. “The cream in it is clotted cream..I don’t really know how to describe it...it’s sort of like...between whipped cream and ice cream? No...well, maybe.” She wasn’t sure how to even describe it, “What matters is that it’s good.” She took another bite of hers and slowly skewed before she reached for her cup of coffee.

Reply #6

It was a bit of a surprise to hear that Cameron would rather stay cooped up aboard the ship rather than being down on the Aldean soil. His eyes looked over her face and he doubted if he should push the matter or not. Again, he chose not to, the two of them were at the end of their shift and just unwinding. The last thing either of them needed was a restless sleep cycle with thoughts roaming that should rather stay locked up.

The next request that came from the mission ops controller was a funny one and Thomas had to smirk a little as she wanted to see the guts of a fighter. He slurped a bit from his coffee now before apologizing and looked into Cameron's eyes "If you don't mind getting grease or making your hands dirty. I can show you the insides of the fighters." he smiled somewhat enthusiastically. Thomas always found it fun when people showed interest in the ships they flew with. Even more so when said person would come in contact with the ships on a daily basis."As for flying... I'm sure we can come up with a free day for you to venture out into space with a fighter." he winked and laughed now.

Her reply to trying to open up as she had friends was met with a brisk reply and Ravon's eyes lingered on the yeoman as she seemed to be in thought before thanking him and returning the courtesy. Thomas gave a slight nod to her and ran his fingertips of his index finger over the rim of his coffee mug "Much appreciated." he answered her.

The pilot tried out to scone and spilled it of course as Cameron had to laugh and helped him clean up. She was surprised he had never tried or heard of a scone before and she began to explain it to him. Nodding and looked at the insides of it, he could make a sort of picture of the contents of the snack "It does taste quite good. Rather sweet." he smiled and took another bite, being more careful this time to not spill anything.

He continued to finish up on the remainder of the scone before washing it down with the coffee. He stretched himself after it and yawned slightly as he rolled his head back and forth. He eventually looked back at Cameron and smiled a little "Tell me a bit more about yourself Cam. I mean, I only know you as the captain's yeoman and the voice that I talk to when I'm flying. I wouldn't mind getting to know you a bit better."

Reply #7
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
She took another gulp of her coffee, finishing off the cup before she reached forward towards the chrome-plated carafe to pour herself another cup, offering to pour him another as well. Her face always spoke of a certain restlessness. It was just how she was wired. Continuous loss coupled with constant denial of a chemical imbalance in her own mind was bound to do that, and at some point it was bound to come to a head, as if it hadn’t on multiple occasions already.

She rose a brow, “You really think I’m afraid of getting my hands dirty?” She shook her head, “Not at all. Besides. That’s the whole point isn’t it? Exploring, learning new things.” It’s not like they were out here making first contact at the behest of Starfleet Command every day, so she could explore the inside of a fighter instead. “And if I know how they work...then understanding how they fly would be a whole lot easier, no?” She dipped her head to the left, curiously and took one more drink before setting the cup down on the table in front of her.

She gave him a soft, but obviously somewhat delicate smile with his appreciation. She was a trained counselor after all, she knew how to talk to people and she really did quite enjoy it. It was a distraction. She could take on someone else's burdens and bury all of her own under them, muffling them and smothering them until they were almost silent. The problem was, when you smother something they tend to just scream louder, so when they are finally uncovered, the explosion is momentous.

“Just a breakfast pastry. I love them. I used to eat them every day in the academy, they reminded me a lot of home my Mum-” She froze and her eyes temporarily shut. Not a topic she wanted to discuss, but it was out now. Her voice was quiet, meek. “She used to make them. Not replicated.” She reached for her coffee and let the liquid burn its way down her throat for a moment before she cleared it with a quick, soft cough. She was back to smiles, trying to spin the memory to a good one in her head, even though obviously the smile was a pained one.

She thought for a moment on what exactly she could tell him, “Well...I’m born and raised in Starfleet. Not on Earth. I was born on a Federation ship. USS Pembroke. I was originally going to be a security officer but quickly learned that I am not of the physical build for that.” She motioned over her lean body, with a laugh. “I like music and hitosy, when I get stressed I like boxing and rock climbing...sometimes yoga or other cardio...oh and reading. And as for drinks...I like tequila.” She smirked, “What about you?” She raised a brow. She could tell more, but those were just the cliffnotes.

Reply #8

As Cameron offered him a refill on his cup, Thomas pushed his mug towards her and watched the black liquid fill up before thanking her softly. He had to suppress a yawn as he held a hand in front of his mouth before taking another gulp from the black gold. He had to snicker if she asked if he thought she was afraid to get her hands dirty. He simply shrugged before she continued to tell him otherwise. His eyes shifted to her and he nodded and he tilted his head to the left and right "Won't show you particularly how they fly, but you'll be able to pick up what the pilots shout out in their comms. For example, you might be able to make out if one of them has earned itself serious damage to the certain parts and already inform the fighter bay to prepare for that specific problem. Seconds and minutes count when in a hazard situation." he answered her "So if you really want to, we can open up the hood so to speak of one of the fighters and get your the basics."

She spoke of the pastry in the meantime and Thomas didn't need to be a trained counselor to see that it hit a nerve. He watched her drink and cough a little before trying to smile. One from afar might think of it as genuine, yet Thomas was too close and knew why she put up a smile as he wasn't quite sure either on how he had to proceed here. After a small moment of silence he decided to reply "Well, sounds like she gave you the best kind of pastry one could imagine. Home made things are the best if I believe most chefs." he answered her softly.

"Thomas listened intrigued to her now and nipped from the cup every now and again as she spoke. A light chuckle escaping him as she told him why she couldn't be a security officer in the first place. He gave a few more nods before he picked in "Well, whilst security might not be fit for you, you'd be quite surprised how lithe woman can bring down the biggest guys out there." he snickered "As for myself... I was born on a starship, just like you. The only thing is that the ship was destroyed along with my folks when I was still a baby. I was raised on a starbase after that." he shared with her as he nurtured the cup of coffee in his hands.

"Enrolled into the Academy when I was given the chance and pretty much knew that Conn was my line of work. I like to poker, spar... So if you need a boxing partner or anything, let me know. Other than that, I do like to work on the fighters myself. It gives me a sense tranquility oddly enough." he said "Uhm, I like tequila as well, but any other drink might do well for me too." he laughed.

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]
Cam bit her lip and lit up at the thought of digging around in the guts of a fighter, “Sounds like fun.” She raised her mug ever so slightly to the notion. As he tried to suppress a yawn, she was entirely unsuccessful. Yawns seemed to be contagious. She was sure there was a scientific reason she’d read about in some book at some point about it but, either way. She let out a good sized yawn and shook her head, “Sounds like a good idea. If we can cut down the response time by even a little…” She trailed off and let her eyes look down, as her thoughts seemed to bounce around in her own head. “Just let me know when, and I’ll be there.” She smiled.

Something as simple as a pastry was able to bring out a lot of emotion from Cam. Though maybe it was just how tired she was, it was likely a compounding number of things that led to how she reacted. Everything that had happened recently had left many of her emotions exposed; an open wound whose nerve continually was brushed up against. “It was.” She offered. Though that was said with genuine honesty, and not complete sadness, though it was certainly there in her voice. “They might have been busy, being Starfleet officers and all but...they did try.” And they were her parents. She still missed them a great deal, obviously. She took another swallow of coffee and cleared her throat.

“Oh I know, I’ve seen some of them do it, I’m just not designed for it.” She snickered at her own expense. “I’m a bit too clumsy I think. I do enjoy boxing, like I said but that’s hardly security training. A boarding party isn’t going to be following rules.” She rolled her eyes. Though when he gave up some of his story her face fell some, “Oh-I’m…” She took a pause, “I’m sorry, that must have been difficult. I grew up on the ship but after I left for the academy the ship was destroyed by the Maquis.” Another sore point but, he’d shared something with her, so she would share something in kind. “Which Starbase?” She was curious.

“Oh don’t tempt me. I could always use a sparring partner. A good spar followed up by a stiff drink...perfect day off in my opinion.” She smiled, and it was a real, genuine smile. She grinned then, “Now..important tequila question...what kind?” She raised a brow.

Reply #10

The woman certainly seemed enthusiastic about getting her hands and probably rest of her dirty in fighter guts. The pilot could only laugh with it now as she told him to let her know when he'd be going inside one of them. He did nod though and answered her "I will keep you to that." he raisedh is mug to hers and sipped from the beverage himself again, emptying it once more and shoving it aside. If he'd drink any more now, he'll probably have some issues with falling asleep later on.

Cam certainly could serve as a super lightweight boxer all things considered and Thomas wondered how good her technique was. He bit his lip for a moment as he looked at her and narrowed his eyes "Clumsy for security training?" he grinned before continuing "If you like boxing, I could always teach or try to teach you a few new tricks if you'd like." he offered.

Whilst they ventured into his past he didn't seem to have a problem with it. Though perhaps he just put up a facade. Thomas played with the mug in his hand while answering Cameron "Starbase 173. I wouldn't exactly call it difficult... I mean, I never experienced it as difficult." he admitted and looked into her eyes "I just went along with it, spiraled a bit out of control perhaps, but all in all, I think I ended up alright?" he smirked. The pilot straightened himself a little in his seat as he kept his eyes trained on the woman.

Things got more interesting now as the gal brought up stiff drinks after a fight. Exactly his kind of girl he thought to himself with a snicker. She smiled and Thomas couldn't help but laugh along as she posed the most important question. "Mmh, if I had a say in the matter... The best tequila I ever tasted would be a Patrón. I drank it back on Terra... Academy days. Some guy had gotten it from his parents as a graduation gift, but boy did that taste good.... What about you, which one is your poison?"

Reply #11
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | Uss Theurgy ] @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
She gave a wag of her brows and left her own mug aside as well. She let one leg curl up beside her and slung her arm over it, making herself as comfortable as one could be in the setting really. “Please do.” She dipped her head to one side and gave him a genuine smile. “I just wish that I had something equally as interesting to show you. The best I have is a holoprogram of a bar I like.” She gave something of a chortle and rolled her eyes, mostly at herself.

“Very clumsy.” She cupped her head in a hand for a moment. “One minute I’m trying to throw a uniform top aside, the next I’m toppling a vase over, and it dominos into a catastrophe.” She shook her head, and lowered her voice. “It’s a talent.” She laughed a bit. “I do like to box though. Wouldn’t mind picking up a trick or two.” She gave him a nod. She could use the company too.

“I think you ended up just fine.” She thought for a moment. “You’re a Lieutenant Commander on a great ship, a great pilot, who can box, and...who doesn’t have too bad of taste in tequila.” She paused but narrowed her eyes, “Patron though?” She wrinkled her nose, “There are better choices. After boxing or something I’ll bring you to the bar, it’s nothing special it’s...well it’s kind of a Jazz club actually.” What Cam did at a Jazz club she didn’t elaborate on but she did invite him at least. That was a start. “They keep my favorite in stock, but they have to because...well it’s my holo-program. If I want I bring a bottle of the real stuff anyways.” She waved a dismissive hand and looked out towards the stars for a moment.

“So...what was your dream posting? When you signed up. What did you sign up...having that glint of dream and passion for in your eye?” She grinned and leaned back, brining both her knees up to the cushion now, sat more like a couch and less like a chair.

Reply #12
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon 

Ravon listened closely to what the ensign had to say. His hands tapped lightly against the table as she explained just how clumsy she was and how she'd like to learn a few tricks for when she'd be in a boxing ring. The pilot answered her in kind as he told her he'd love to see the bar. Perhaps it would shed more insight on what the woman liked, as the bar would be a project solely designed to her taste. He had frequented a lot of bars, taverns and what else on Terra. He'd be curious to see the design of Cameron, who didn't exactly strike him as a regular bar visitor.

He thanked her softly for telling him he ended up just fine. He did have quite a good rank and he was in charge of a Tacc Conn unit. A dream most pilots would chase yet only few would receive. She did question his taste for tequila and he laughed at it before shrugging "I just like the taste of it I suppose. Although i'm open for improvements if you have any recommendations. Although I'd not prefer any of the synthenol crap." he winked as he stretched himself again and yawned.

She asked him about his dream posting and Thomas had to think on that one for a while. He looked at Cameron for a few seconds before shifting his gaze out to the stars. He shrugged eventually "I'm not sure I had a dream posting. I just joined up, went where they told me to go. I got assigned to the experimental stuff after a few years of regular flight. So I suppose that's a dream on its own, to fly something nobody flew before." he thought out loud "So I suppose I'm living the dream." he chuckled and shook his head. Oh what a dream it was...

"What about you? What was your dream?"
he bounced the question back as he suppressed another yawn. He wouldn't drag this out for too much longer as the siren's call of sleep was beckoning him. He could fight it and hold it off, yet it would ruin his sleeping cycle and probably his mood for when he would wake up eventually.

Reply #13
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 ] USS Theurgy | Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
Cam did have a bit of a grin on her face. Clumsy as she may be, she was still quite the good boxer. She might have been hustling him a bit. Though it was all in good fun. The bar though was something that was actually taken right out of reality. It was an exact recreation of a small, hole in the wall place that she’d found in her academy days (which wasn’t too long ago). It was a place in Seattle. It really was the definition of a small place. It had brick walls and a wood bar, a small stage for music, which Cam liked to use for her own endeavors, once she’d deleted the audience for the night and given herself a bit of liquid courage.

“Synthahol is shit. If you’re going to drink something that burns it way down it better actually have a point.” She laughed and set a hand on his knee but quickly removed it. She shook her her head. “I have something I brought from home. It’s great. There’s also something in the replicator that isn’t bad, file 99421 it’s...still replicated so it’s not great but it’s better than synthahol.”

“No dreams? My dream was Deep Space Nine right over Bajor which...is a beautiful planet, culturally rich. So many career opportunities. Right on the Wormhole. Just...so many chances right there, and it’s still in a way out in ‘wild’ space’.” She wiggled her shoulders a bit, excited at the idea, “Or out on some deep space mission. Somewhere never explored. Something different, which...again, I suppose I kinda got. I do miss home though. Quite a lot.” She too didn’t have much longer left in her, evident by the yawn she tried to suppress.

Reply #14
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BipSpoon

Thomas couldn't agree more that synthahol was shit. Most pilots had been smuggling actual booze aboard the ship since the departure on Earth. Thomas still had a few bottles stashed in his quarters and he couldn't help but grin stupidly as Cam admitted she had brought something from home as well. Thomas couldn't suppress a yawn himself now and brought his hand up to his mouth before shaking his head slightly to shake it off.

Cameron spoke about her dreams, how she wished she might've gotten stationed at Deep Space Nine or on a deep space mission. Whilst those ideas sounded marvelous as well, Thomas couldn't help but smile when Cameron spoke about them. The passion for duty and her job burning bright still inside of her. It was a marvelous thing to see, especially for someone who has seen the darkest side of the universe. Their trip hadn't been perilous to say the least. When she brought up home though, Thomas leaned in to her, reaching out and giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

He didn't say anything to remind her more about home, yet he could see and feel that the both of them were worn out after their shift. "Cameron, I think that we're better off heading to our bunks. Not that I didn't enjoy the company, but I feel pretty tired. If you're good with it I can walk you back to your quarters?" when hearing her reply, the pilot got up and gathered their drinks before bringing them to be bar before being like a true gentleman. He offered her his arm to walk with, a sly grin on his features as he gave her a wink. There were no ulterior motives behind it, Thom just felt like living up an old streak of chivalry it seemed.

Reply #15
[Show/Hide]
Cam had been smuggling booze aboard Federation ships since her first posting. Funnily enough, she’d picked up the first pointers on the best ways to do it from her parents. It was a sort of generational custom. That, and they’d all discussed it at length, at the Academy. A bunch of liquor-hound kids were going to figure out a way to stash booze one way or another. The yawn was contagious, and once he’d yawned, so did Cam.

Deep Space had always been the calling to Cam. That was a different Cam though. A Cam who had been entirely unmarred by loss and isolation from her homeworld. When Thomas touched her shoulder, she reached up to give his hand an appreciative squeeze. Cam was a person who thrived upon physical contact. It was offputting to some, she knew but it was just how she was. “Thanks.” She smiled lightly to him before she turned her eyes away. She took a moment to think entirely to herself. In a way Theurgy had become a home, but it still wasn’t the same as walking under the Sol System sun back on Earth.

“Yea, I’m pretty wiped.” She brought up a hand to wipe her eye and blinked a few times. “I’d like that.” She didn’t ask what the intention was either way. She watched him take away the drinks, letting her eyes follow him as he went through the motions. She gave him a coquettish grin as she took his arm, hooking hers into his as she rose. “Well aren’t you a gentleman.” She half teased, though it was half genuine appreciation. She started to half lead the way towards her quarters.

Reply #16

The squeeze in his hand had not gone by unnoticed by the pilot, yet he thought nothing more of it. She thanked him and he smiled giving her just a slight nod once more. She admitted to being pretty wiper herself and whilst he cleaned up she agreed to his suggestion to walk her to her quarters.

After offering his arm, she hook hers in and teased him ever so slightly "Well, gentlemen should always be around. Regardless of the situation we're in." he smirked before bumping his shoulder into her playfully. She lead the way somewhat, yet Thomas kept up the pace. He wondered if the ensign would simply fall asleep where she stood if he'd let go of her. A theory he'd rather not put to the test.

They made their way into a turbolift and Thomas leaned against the wall of it slightly before pushing himself off, guiding Cameron back to her quarters "You let me know when you have some free times on your hands. I'll see if I can let you do some grease work." he said whilst they turned the corner and made their final run to her quarters.

Reply #17
[ Ensign Cameron Henshaw | Whetstone Lounge | Deck 13 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]
Cameron turned her almond-shaped eyes to look around the lounge one more time as Thomas finished up cleaning their space. She helped in what way she could, though he seemed to beat her to the punch, she stacked up her plate and cup quickly as she could. She again wiped her eyes quickly, but gave her trousers a quick wipe off as well, as if clearing any crumbs that had fallen, though none had, really she was just smoothing the wrinkles that had formed from her skewed way of sitting.

She leaned into the nudge and laughed a bit at his response, “I suppose so. I guess it’s a small comfort, actually.” That at least in the darkest of times, someone could still serve with some strong morals. Some decency. Once moving, Cam had a lot more energy. She was still tired, sure, but moving through the halls of the Theurgy always made her feel alive. She always spotted something new that she’d never noticed before. Her eyes though did tend to fall back to her escort while they were walking, she didn’t say too much though. When they reached the lift though she turned to face him and narrowed her eyes a bit.

“So, am I still just the voice you talk to in the cockpit, or do you know me a bit more to your liking?” She was quite fond of him, it seemed from her behavior. The doors whooshed open though, and she started walking back out, turning that final roundabout towards her quarters.

“I’d like that. I’ll let you know, okay?” She smiled, showing some of her pearly whites off through the grin. She stopped in front of her quarters and nodded her head to the side at them. “Here I am.” Her eyes flashed a bit more open as she unhooked her arm from his and let her hands fall down to her sides, giving her hips a quick pat with each palm. She reached to the side, entered her access code, and the door slid open with the typical whooshing hiss. “Thanks for walking me, and for the company. That was fun. We should do that again soon. Maybe after I’ve been elbow deep in fighter grease. Maybe with tequila though.” She held up a finger, accentuating the word tequila with another grin. Her arms fell back to her sides though, and she looked into her quarters, starting to turn to walk inside. "Goodnight."

Reply #18

On their way to her quarters she asked him if she were still just a voice now or if there was more to it. The pilot couldn't help but laugh and nod "Well... You definitely still are a sweet voice, but I'm really happy to have gotten to know you at least a bit better." he answered her, pausing slightly before continuing "But there is definitely more to you than meets the eye. So truthfully.. Yes, I do quite enjoy who you are and what the whole package entails, Cameron."

He gave her a nod as she'd let him know when they'd be able to work on the fighters together. They came to a stop by her quarters and she broke away from him to enter her code before the doors opened up. Ravon smiled whilst his eyes looked at the young ensign. "Thank you for keeping me company." he answered her smiling before watching her turn around as she stepped into her quarters.

"Good night Cameron." He said before the doors would close. He didn't make any move or anything of the sorts before he yawned and worked his way back to the turbo lifts. His mind replayed the earlier conversations they had and he smiled a bit more before he rode the lift to his own deck and turned in for some well needed sleep.

~FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder