Skip to main content
Topic: EPI: S [D03|1901] Bandaging bruised battered bastards (Read 3528 times) previous topic - next topic

EPI: S [D03|1901] Bandaging bruised battered bastards

Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy: ATTN All inquired parties, please report to sickbay

With the ship resuming normal status after the mission, He couldn't help but chuckle slightly to himself after he sanitizes after the surgery on Crewman Steinbrenner. It hadn't been easy, and the surgical team he'd worked with had managed to pull through. Now that the ship was resuming normal function, now would be when he expected the flood of injured to make their way in. Arven busies himself with assisting in making sure that the crew stocked up everything, and they were prepared to receive a significant amount of severe casualties. Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised if there was still a group of Klingon warriors running amok, though that may not have been the case. After ensuring that things were well underway and tidied up, Arven looks around to the Sickbay medical staff and nods. The crew that was still being treated were mostly ins table condition and couldn't be moved, or recovering from surgery. Now was as quiet as it was going to be.

"We're bound to get some rather severe injuries after everyone shows up. I know that we'll make sure that everyone pulls through. If you're experiencing complications with your patient, please call for assistance, and we can get things done. You're here on the Theurgy for a reason; you're all some of the best at this. I know you won't let your patients down." While it might not have been the most inspiring of speeches, or even strictly necessary, sometimes a few words of encouragement could go a long way. Arven heads over to the wall console with a final nod and signals a "ready" status for Sickbay. While there were still marks of the previous battle and patients in recovery, the Sickbay was as ready as it would be for the ensuing chaos of treatment and triage.

"Sickbay duty, over the Klingon homeworld, in a rogue starship, I'm amazed we haven't been blasted out of the sky." He looked around to make sure that the bulkheads weren't tearing themselves apart. His less than cheerful utterance was probably a shared sentiment among some of the crew.  But still, he was waiting for the ship to break apart much as the Honshu did all those years ago. Nothing for it now; Arven had a duty to the crew, heal them up, have them resume their duties, and keep the ship fighting.

Re: EPI: S [D03|1901] Bandaging bruised battered bastards

Reply #1
LtJG Amissa, Callsign “Emerald” | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 |USS Theurgy Attn: @Tae
[Show/Hide]
Amissa still couldn’t breathe very well. She was just getting enough air to stay alive, though it was definitely more air than she had been getting a while ago. She didn’t know when or how she had gotten here to this sickbay, but she’d woken a few minutes ago after having passed out on the floor of the Klingon High Council Chambers. She was laying on a biobed and it seemed medical personnel were scrambling everywhere, either treating patients or preparing to receive the wounded - which it was, she couldn’t quite be sure. All she knew was that she was alive for now and given her current location, she was confident she would remain that way. At least until the next battle.

She struggled to sit up so she could breathe more easily, but a lance of pain in her right shoulder told her that was a bad idea. The Klingon had wrenched her arm so badly that the only reason she was sure it hadn’t been torn completely off was that she had been wearing her pilot’s exosuit. As it was, she was sure it was dislocated at the very least.

Judging by the fact that her exosuit had been removed and that she was awake and breathing somewhat better, she assumed some time had passed and that her more serious injuries had been treated at least to the point of not risking her life.

I just hope it’s not any worse than that. I don’t want to be grounded from flight duty for too long. She let out a slight snort at that assumption. That is a very bold assumption, Amissa. You don’t even know where you’re at right now. Besides, you don’t have a RIO anymore, remember? He’s dead because you weren’t fast enough to dodge those Romulan disruptors. What makes you think anyone here is ever going to let you fly again after you got your RIO killed?

That thought alone was enough to make her want to cry. Diamond hadn’t just been her RIO. Oh, he had started out that way, but it had gone deeper, further. They had become intimate, which at first had merely been a form of release and pleasure for the two of them. But then she’d violated the Prime Directive of a pleasure girl.

“Don’t fall for the client. Make them fall in love with you, but you must always remain detached. A pleasure slave in love is a dead pleasure slave.”

A throbbing in her back reminded her that someone had managed to pierce her armor and get the tip of a blade into her back, near her kidney. It hadn’t seemed too bad at that time, but now that she was no longer experiencing an adrenaline rush from battle, it was really starting to sting and throb. There were also a few bruises and scrapes from when she’d been tossed across the chamber by the Infested Klingon, but at least she knew those were superficial wounds that the docs could heal up easily enough. Amissa was a vain woman, most likely a byproduct of her upbringing, and scarring terrified her worse than the thought of dying.

The other thing that was happening now that she was no longer experiencing the adrenaline rush was that her fatigue was setting in. Due to the sleep cycle of Orions, which caused them to normally take smaller rest periods, but more often throughout the day, Amissa had trouble staying awake and alert during a normal Starfleet duty shift. Things like adrenaline could help her for a time, and so she rarely had to worry about falling asleep at the helm of her fighter, but for routine duty she needed to get stimulants to help her remain awake. Her last dose was wearing off and it was time for more. The only problem was, she hadn’t been getting them through legitimate channels back on Sapphire Base, so there would be no record of it in her file. Explaining the need to the doctor would prove problematic in light of that. After all, it was a known fact about Orions, but on the other hand, she hadn’t needed them before, so why now?

Think fast, Amissa. You’re going to need an answer to that one soon. Now wake up, it looks like someone is coming to treat you.

OOC: Summary of injuries for quick reference: Crushed windpipe, dislocated shoulder, minor stab wound to right kidney, light scrapes and bruises.
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #2
Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy: @SaraKnight and All injured parties

Arven had made sure to take care of Amissa gently, with the injuries she had, plus extracting her from the exosuit had been a bit of a pain. At least she hadn't had to wake up with a crushed windpipe, though her throat would still feel more than a little bruised and sore. It wasn't the worst set of injuries he'd seen today, and whoever had given her first aid had been a decent job. So he was there tending to her, checking on her progress, when he noticed Amissa stirring.

A gentle smile crosses over the Trill's features, and he speaks in a calming tone. "If you're awake, give me a thumbs up. If I were you, I still wouldn't talk for a bit. We fixed your throat while you were unconscious. Your windpipe was crushed, and other than the scrapes, bruising, and the stab, you'll be ok. The shoulder, though..." He frowns a little and takes hold of Amissa's arm and shoulder.

"Alright, Lieutenant, I need you to be strong for me; on the count of three, I'm going to pop your shoulder back into joint." He pauses and smiles then, "One...two.." and on the count of two, Arven jerks Amissa's arm, and then the sound of a dull sucking pop when the shoulder goes back into joint. With a deft motion, he takes a hypospray and administers a local anesthetic to Amissa's shoulder mixed with an anti-inflammatory to help with that.

"Your shoulder got pretty banged up, but it's not broken. I want you on light duty for a week, don't fly without your exosuit if you absolutely must." He nods and administers another shot of local to the stab wound over her kidney and then looks at the tricorder scan, smiling with relief. "And your kidney is fine, and I'll get that taken care of real quick." Another of his gentle smiles is given, and he moves around behind her to begin suturing up the wound.

"I just realized I didn't introduce myself. Sorry, it's been a busy day for me. I'm Doctor Leux, but you can call me Arven. I just transferred here from The Oneida. Yes, I'm a Trill. No, I don't have a worm inside me. I've been a doctor since 2368, when I graduated from Stanford on Earth, did my residency in Starfleet. But enough about you, I don't treat many fighter pilots that get stab wounds and dislocated shoulders. Was it an argument over who's ego is bigger?" His tone of voice was light and cheerful, the kind manner of speaking and gentle cadences he used with patience having an almost husky quality. "I'm also fairly certain I saw you on the Oneida as well as part of the security team, is that right?"

Amissa was likely to nice RAven's powerful build, tall and strong, with more muscle packed onto his frame than was usually seen in medical personnel. The gentle nature of his voice and kindness of his approach were almost at odds with his appearance, but at least the effortlessness of how he'd popped the shoulder back into place so easily made sense. He smiles again to Amissa and begins checking over her throat again, he frowns a little, not liking what he saw. Taking some equipment to help the healing process, he applies a gel to her throat, and nods to the woman. "Alright, lieutenant, try speaking if you wouldn't mind."

Reply #3
PO2 Kino Jeen | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy] @Tae  @SaraKnight  @Aharon

[Show/Hide]

The light, somewhat distant chirping sounds of a flock of birds was the first thing Kino’s mind recognized when it finally stumbled out of unconsciousness. The faint sensation of a soft, moist underground on bare skin, a warm breeze engulfing her naked figure like a blanket.

The Trill opened her left eye and the cybernetic right one followed suit within nanoseconds. For a moment, only the latter was able to see, since it was capable of blocking out the intense sunlight easier and quicker than the natural eye ever could. Kino blinked, trying at the same time to lift her torso by pushing herself up onto her elbows. The full, green gras under her felt too good to be true.

When both her eyes finally adjusted to the light, she looked around. She was lying on high grass in the middle of a valley. To her left and right, she could make out mountains in a far distance. A few trees and bushes were spread throughout the landscape and two hundred meters away stood a wooden hut, complete with a porch and some grazing sheep in front of it.

Rubbing her eyes, Kino finally sat up completely. Her bare skin was caressed by the luscious, green straws as she slid her calves to the side, using a rolling motion to get up on her feet. It was now that the Petty Officer consciously realized that she was completely naked. She looked down, inspecting herself. A faint memory of an injured leg came up, but vanished within the blink of an eye. She was fine. She was complete. Or was she more than that?

A distant, invisible and ungraspable choir of voices suddenly echoed in her head. Calm, friendly and inviting, but at the same time surreal and so faint, that Kino was thankful that the message repeated itself until she understood. “…thank you, Kino!”

Kino threw open her eyes, her fists clenching the edges of the bio-bed the nurses had chosen for her and she sat up straight with one swift, sudden movement. "Ungh...?" A guttural gasp, hoarse and scared escaped her lungs as she tried to orient herself in the room she already knew all too well.

Recovery Ward! Sickbay! The thoughts shot through her mind and following a deep rooted impulse, she grabbed the lapels of her patient gown and ripped it open, inspecting her physique carefully.

And even though uninformed observers would ask themselves what was on the young Trill’s mind, everyone who knew her would understand. Everytime she had woken up in this particular room, another part of her body had been replaced with something cybernetic. An eye, an arm, a leg, a hip, her cervix. Her trained, beautiful body was machine for more than twenty five percent.

But then, when she found no new parts and did not recognise the familiar feeling of any, she suddenly remembered. Jeen! Her eyes widened as she came to the realization that this stay in recovery ward might well be the most life-altering she ever had. Because as of now, her life as a joined Trill had begun.

OOC: FYI --> Pierced right medial fascial muscles and partial bone fracture by a Targ's tusk plus an emergency transplantation of a Trill symbiote (Jeen).
Lt JG Sorek Morgan
[Show/Hide]
PO2 Kino Taer
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4
[ Ens. Vinata Vojona  | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] ATTN: @Tae @SaraKnight @Lathaniel
[Show/Hide]

Vinata blinked his large bug-like eyes several times quickly, an attempt to wipe away the sleepiness that had started falling over him. One might question how that would be possible in the disastrously busy state the Theurgy’s medical areas were in at present, his own retort to that would be the extensive hours he had clocked in the past couple of days. Adrenaline could only get the physical being so far. Even with the recently added help of the additions from the Oneida, Vinata’s own attempt to get a quick break had been quelled by their arear swelling even more with those needing treatment and tending to.

The seasoned Head Nurse stood overwatch of Petty Officer Kino Taer as she emerged from anesthesia, having just arrived only one minute before she awoke with some incomprehensible sound. The Ovri had never experienced anesthesia himself, at least to the extent of being asleep but he had certainly seen much more alarming wake-ups. Having understood that the young woman had undergone a joining, in the report received from the anesthesiologist during handover, he certainly had prepared himself for what might be a rough wake-up.

“You are doing quite well Petty Officer.” As Kino had abruptly ripped open her garments, Vinata’s arms swept in quickly and used the light blanket that covered her waist and legs as a mechanism to lift, provide cover and maintain some dignity. His patient would be able to inspect what she wanted while still having some covering from those around her. 

“You are in the recovery ward of the Theurgy Sickbay. You had sustained an injury in the field. You also underwent an emergency joining with the Jeen symbiot, although I am certain my statement is a rather crude description of what you must be experiencing. I must apologize, as I have no context for what you are living through presently.” Vinata’s expression softened as he observed Kino - he could only imagine how disorientating it would be to wake up all of a sudden, with several lifetimes of memories and personas now integrating with one’s own person. He had read about Trills and this process but this was his first patient that had undergone such a procedure.

“I would ask that you do try and make an attempt to relax and take some soft deep breaths. There has been some sensitive work done on the injury you sustained on your lower leg, compliments of a targ I believe. It is certainly nothing to worry about. Just something to be mindful of.” Vinata’s own voice remained calm, gentle and soothing - something he had also learned was an effective measure in shepherding those in care back into the waking world post-operatively.
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #5
[ PO2 Kino Jeen | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy] @Tae  @SaraKnight  @Aharon

[Show/Hide]

"She is afraid. I can feel it."
"Yes, and confused. She knows, but she cannot grasp it. We have to help her."
"How? If we talk too much, it will confuse her even more. Let her relax, first."

It took Kino a moment to realize that someone of the medical staff had started tending to her, so transfixed was she with her own physique as well as the voices which she heard murmuring in the background of her existence. But once she did notice the blue skinned officer, her mind snapped out of the stupor she was experiencing and her head turned to Ensign Vonoja. The Ovri was holding up a blanket, effectively covering Kino's now mostly naked body from the eyes of other patients.

Kino did as she was told. For a brief moment she closed her eyes and took a deep, open mouthed breath. Her bare chest rose and fell again when she exhaled.

"Thank you, Ensign. Kino spoke, her voice weak and unstabil. She cleared her throat, blushing slightly while fidgeting around with the torn fabric of her gown unconsciously. "Was the... the transplantation successful?" She felt like a fool, asking this question. The voices, however faint and distant, could have answered her inquiry undoubtedly. But with everything she had gone through, she did not completly dismiss the chance that he surgery failed and her mind had taken serious damage.

"We are fine!" The voices in her head stated in unison, still faint, but pushing a bit more into the center of her attention. And Kino sincerely hoped that this was not how it was going to be throughout the rest of her life. Hearing voices in her head constantly was not how she envisioned being joined.

OOC/FYI

Former host color associations:
Amina
Menara
Dayak
Lt JG Sorek Morgan
[Show/Hide]
PO2 Kino Taer
[Show/Hide]

Reply #6
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Tae @SaraKnight @Lathaniel @Aharon

Without relent the day continued to stretch onward, and despite all she had seen and been through, Kate Foster refused to turn in and allow it to finally come to a true and complete close. Her shift in sickbay had long since ended, and to no small degree had she earned a peaceful and restorative reprieve, but still she had persisted in her presence there. Sure, there was so much more that needed doing if the Medical Department was ever going to get caught up on the backlog of care they had to provide, not to mention the dozens of new patients now in their stead thanks to the battle Theurgy had just survived. The truth hidden behind her weary tangerine eyes though, was that Kate was trying to occupy herself so that she wouldn’t have an opportunity to face the reality of it all. So many people had failed to survive the events of the day, some of which she had come to know and appreciate; others had come very close to death, a trauma which had nearly revealed the steadily broadening cracks Kate was trying to hide from everyone. A feat she might’ve actually been able to accomplish, hadn’t her brother poisoned her mind with nightmarish overtones of death and despair.

Were it not for the steady support of a few key individuals, and enough caffeine to kill a man twice her size, the slender blonde Chief of Surgery might well have collapsed from the stress of it all.

A possibility, or perhaps even an inevitability at this point.

Leaning against a stanchion which had been thoroughly scorched by disruptor fire during said siege of sickbay, Kate’s arms were clasped across her midsection, a new duty jacket finally having been replicated and resting draped over her shoulders. In one hand, a silver tumbler with the Starfleet emblem on it’s exterior; was it her sixth or seventh cup of Red Leaf Tea? Kate had lost count on how many of the spiced Cardassian beverages she’d consumed since the alarm klaxons had faded into recent memory, of which she swore she could still hear ringing in the hollows of her ear canal. Before her, Lieutenant Leux, a replacement from a new ally to Theurgy, the USS Oneida, was addressing the assembled Medical Staff, many of whom were themselves still dealing with injury or emotional distress in the wake of the battle waged. Like her, they defiantly refused to abandon their shifts and or post until the situation in sickbay was truly back to a state of normality, a process which had only just begun, and which would take many days and or weeks to achieve.

She’d had yet to official meet the man, whom she’d assumed might step in as a more permanent addition to the crew, given the losses sustained. But that was what happened in the service, she tried to remind herself. People died, and while you could mourn their loss, you couldn’t afford to let such a mourning handicap your ability to provide care to those who needed it. At some point, Kate and the others would find said time to mourn the loss of their fallen comrades, but that time hadn’t yet availed itself to them. “There’s a small backlog of non-crucial procedures that we still have to get through too, but for the most part I think we’ve managed to stabilize those who are in need of close observation, and more invasive care.” She piped up when Leux seemed to afford them a chance to add to his commentary. Indeed, over the course of the last week, Kate had been lending a hand working extra shifts to try and catch up on that backlog. A sacrifice of time and energy which was now amplified by the direness of the general situation Theurgy’s medical staff was mired in.

“Thea’s surprisingly sturdy.” Kate complimented after his comment about still being star bound, despite it all.

The moment passed, and everyone began to go about their duty. Kate however remained leant against the stanchion, sipping at her tea for a few minutes until the trill Lieutenant went to treat someone. Unable or unwilling to move, she just stood there, a blank stare settling into the distant bulkhead as all around her the repair crews were going like busy little bees in their efforts to patch together all that had been torn apart.

“Hmm? What?” snapping back from her thousand-yard stare, Kate realized that Ensign Janteel had been asking her a question. The handsome Bajoran surgeon, whom she had worked with closely since coming to Theurgy, and who could very well have been promoted to her position hadn’t she been chosen by Lieutenant Kobol instead. He raised an inquisitive and clearly concerned eyebrow, and Kate tried to search the periphery of her memory banks for an idea as to what he had said to her. “I’m sorry Daran, I... I was somewhere else for a moment.” Blushing at her evident lack of awareness, she pushed off of the stanchion she had called home for the last quarter-hour or so. “I umm... I should go check on some patients. Excuse me.” Hastily she made a retreat, hoping that her wherewithal might come back to her sooner, rather than later. Otherwise someone might catch wind to just how utterly and completely exhausted she was and officially order her to call a merciful end to her shift.

Stumbling backward into the recovery ward, Kate nearly bumped into an occupied bio-bed as she spun about, trying not to draw anyone’s direct attention. What she saw, aside from the confused looks of a few other nurses and patients, was her friend and reliable co-worker Vinata tending to the care of another trill, this one in a state of some distress, however it appeared as though the Ovri nurse were helping to calm her. Swallowing audibly, Kate passed the pair of them, a sweet yet very clearly strained expression evident in her face as she closed and then opened distance. “Ensign.” She said softly, not wanting to intrude on what very well could have been a private moment between them. Nearing a console on the wall, she punched up a rundown of the procedures that she herself hadn’t been personally involved with, a sharp eyebrow raising higher than the other at the mention of an emergency symbiont transplantation. Kate remembered having performed a similar procedure some years earlier, and how difficult a process it could be for a new host to come to grips with the addition of new personalities and memories to their consciousness.

“Commander Fisher. Internal injuries. Foreign Chemical Analysis needed.” She said aloud to herself, reviewing another patient and the notes left by another member of the Medical Staff. “I shou--” caught in a yawn mid-sentence, Kate brought a hand to her gaping mouth out of habit. “--ld check in on him when I get a chance too.”

Sipping at the last of her tea, Kate considered going for another cup, casting a longing glance at the nearby replicator housing.

“Hmmm...”

Reply #7
LtJG Amissa, Callsign “Emerald” | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | Attn: @Tae
[Show/Hide]
A man wearing the uniform of a medical officer came over and gave her a gentle smile. If she hadn’t been in so much pain, she would have smiled back. As it was, all she could do was lay there.

"If you're awake, give me a thumbs up. If I were you, I still wouldn't talk for a bit. We fixed your throat while you were unconscious. Your windpipe was crushed, and other than the scrapes, bruising, and the stab, you'll be ok. The shoulder, though..."

She was trying to follow all that he was saying, but the best she could manage was give him a thumbs up, don’t speak, and her shoulder was a mess. She did the first thing on the list as he spoke, giving him the requested thumb.

"Your shoulder got pretty banged up, but it's not broken. I want you on light duty for a week, don't fly without your exosuit if you absolutely must."

That’s assuming I will still be able to fly. A week’s not so bad though.

He gave her an injection of something near where she had been stabbed, then scanned her with his tricorder, giving her another charming smile. "And your kidney is fine, and I'll get that taken care of real quick."

He moved behind her and began to work on her stab wound. At least he was still talking to her. He did have a rather nice voice, and it made the fact that she was getting treated for what was a near-death experience in her mind something easier to accept.

"I just realized I didn't introduce myself. Sorry, it's been a busy day for me. I'm Doctor Leux, but you can call me Arven. I just transferred here from The Oneida.

Not the Oneida. Okay, that solves that one. So where am I?

She remembered that she had been working with some of the crew of the Theurgy, and assumed that must be where she was at, if she wasn’t on the Oneida. Meanwhile, Arven continued to talk to her.

“Yes, I'm a Trill. No, I don't have a worm inside me. I've been a doctor since 2368, when I graduated from Stanford on Earth, did my residency in Starfleet. But enough about you, I don't treat many fighter pilots that get stab wounds and dislocated shoulders. Was it an argument over who's ego is bigger? I'm also fairly certain I saw you on the Oneida as well as part of the security team, is that right?"

Since she was under orders not to talk, she merely nodded. Without really any warning, he touched her shoulder, and had it not been painful, she might have enjoyed that touch. And then he popped the shoulder back in it’s socket, and despite the gentle touch he had applied, she felt the pain shoot through her light a lightning bolt. Her raspy throat prevented a scream, but a rush of air did escape her throat. At least, once the procedure was done, she had to admit that the shoulder felt somewhat better.

He came back around, still smiling that charming smile and took a tube of tube that he applied to her throat. Whether it was the nice, strong hands, or the warmth of the gel, or both, she began to feel her throat’s soreness fade, and her breathing came easier.

"Alright, lieutenant, try speaking if you wouldn't mind."

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Arven. Thank you.” Her voice was still a little raw, but as the doctor continued to work, it began to be more and more normal. Soon, it was back to it’s melodious tones. “You have a gentle touch. Do I really have to stay on light duty for a week? And I don’t suppose you know what they’re going to do with me? I am just wondering if this is a permanent transfer, or if there are plans to return me to my station.”

She didn’t really expect a doctor to know the answers to those questions, but so far he was the only one she had been able to ask. She’d assumed she was going to be staying on Oneida until they could get a chance to return her to Sapphire Station.
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #8
Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy: ATTN: @SaraKnight @Swift @Lathaniel @Aharon

Arven nodded politely to Amissa, giving her a thin smile, his lips curling up at the edges, and he went to rummage around in a cabinet for a minute before coming back with a few pills. "Ok, I'm giving you these Amissa, take one now, and then again in twelve hours. So every twelve hours, please take one of these. There are three days of the pills here. They'll help heal your physical trauma, and I think that I can limit your light duty to just three days, depending on your recovery. None of your injuries were immediately life-threatening, and nothing required major surgery." He smiled to Amissa and offers her the first pill and a small cup of water.

"Now, I remember your file from the Oneida, so you'll need to be back in three days anyway for the pheromones, so we can do a check-up then." Arven gave a gentle smile to Amissa and stayed until she took the pills and any questions she might have. "Alright, Light duty for three days pending examination at the end of those three days. Please don't overdo it at the gym in the meantime. You're free to go unless there anything else."

As soon as Arven finished off with Amissa there were other patients that he needed to tend to, and it appeared that most of the others were currently being tended to. Spotting the blonde woman walking in, he walks over towards her, giving a polite nod. "I'm guessing you're Medical staff. Good to meet you. I'm Arven Leux, a new transfer. Looks like we've got most people well in hand right now. Is there anything that I can help you with in particular?"

And it was at that moment that Arven sighed as a medical team brought in the team that had gone to rescue the sabine. The Look of the Half Bajoran with a hand that appeared to be shot off, and his back striped with disruptor wounds made his eyes go wide. "And it looks like we have some work to do."

Arven moved over to the bed that Victor had been placed on and quickly performed an assessment of his injuries visually and with a medical tricorder. "Glancing shots from a disruptor rifle at long range along his back and a direct hit to that cybernetic arm of his. I'm not an engineer, unfortunately. I can't tell if that's a medical prosthetic or something more complex." Arven's lips purse, thankful that Victor had been delivered to them unconsciously. He'd clearly be in a world of pain if he were awake.

Reply #9
[ Ens. Vinata Vojona  | Main Sickbay | Recovery Ward | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] ATTN: @Tae @SaraKnight @Swift @Lathaniel
[Show/Hide]

Vinata could see their words take form within Kino - certainly the newly joined host Trill was trying to stay calm and use their breath to help maintain themselves. The Ovri tapped on several of the bio-bed controls and made quick note of the scans, which thankfully showed things to be quite homeostatic given the circumstances.

“It appears so.” They offered the woman another gentle, calm smile. “At least from what our medical systems can tell us. Physiologically you are quite stable at present.” - The Head Nurse heard a call for them from one of the ward staff, likely another fire to put out.

“Please do keep taking calm and deep breaths Petty Officer. I am going to see that one of our physicians checks in on you here momentarily. You will be just fine.” Vinata gave Kino a gentle touch on their arm, making sure to smile and nod respectfully before slowly stepping away from the bedside.

On their way to tend to whatever the ward staff needed, Vinata stopped nearby Arven. “Doctor Leux. I am hoping you have a moment to check in on our patient over there. She has just awoken.” The Head Nurse knew Arven was aware of the procedure that Kino had just undergone - they have made sure to briefly discuss things prior to entering the care space.

Vinata was confident that Arven was much better positioned to offer some greater understanding and empathy towards the now joined Trill.
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #10
[ Lt. ThanIda zh'Wann | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]
Sitting on a biobed in the Primary Care Unit in Main Sickbay, ThanIda zh'Wann was fingering the clasp that held her exosuit's neck piece in place. Shelat, it's bloody bent... I can't get it off...

The damn Infested she'd fought on Praxis had damaged the gorget of her suit, but at least she'd been able to remove the hardshell boots and gloves already. Her helmet and her Accipiter rifle had been lost when she was beamed out, and she felt like she had more bruises than unblemished skin underneath the suit. Once more, she was gratful for her Andorian physique, in how her endoskeleton had kept her mostly intact despite the abuse she'd suffered at the hands of that Klingon demon she'd fought. She'd managed to release the vacuum seals around her torso, but the neck piece kept her from pulling off the armoured torso part - the heavy thruster system on her back weighing directly against her windpipe. At least when sitting down she could keep the weight from effectively strangling her. Instead of her breath, however, she was loosing her patience.

That area of sickbay was bustling with people and activity, with doctors and nurses moving between the biobeds. She had yet to get any medical attention since he'd not been able to remove her exosuit fully yet, so while she kept trying to work the damaged clasp open with her bloodied fingertips, she was looking at the comings and goings of the people in the room.

"Umm... Do we have an engineer here?" one of the nurses asked loudly, and that perked Ida's interest since she could use one too. Ida then saw the reason why the nurse was asking, seeing how she was pushing a hover gurney, upon which that surgical android from the Savi laid. The android was clearly not all right, only able to make nonsensical bleeps and noises. The thing couldn't make herself understood, which likely give the nurse a hint of what was wrong. The android didn't seem too damaged, however, so Ida had no idea what might have happened to it. All she knew was that the android had, allegedly, been on the same shuttle as Captain Ives and Martok.

"I could use one too," said another nurse, who'd entered just after the first one, and upon that hover gurney, Ida could see another familiar face. It was Selena Ravenholm, and the pinkskin had obviously seen battle, as her organic parts were bloodied and her uniform damaged from fighting. It appeared like she had trouble moving as well, and Ida remembered that the woman had a mechanical spine. Clearly, the immobility was due to damage to that part of her, but Ida had no bright ideas to offer. She was a solider, not a mechanic.

By that point, the last remaining Ovri entered the ward, with a clear 'oh, dear,' on his alien face when he looked around the area and saw how many injured there were. Nonetheless, him being the Head Nurse, Vinata Vojona - as Ida recalled his name to be - began to move between the patients and the nurses to check on the progress.

Then, the clasp sprang open.

"Finally," Ida swore, and wasted no time pulling the torso-piece of the exosuit over her head, stood up from the biobed, and began to pull off the layered under-suit, unfastening the front and pulling it off her arms and shoulders, and then pushing the thing off her hips and legs. As an Andorian, she wasn't too embarrassed about showing skin, and she doubted anyone fancied her bruised and battered presence. In just Starfleet underwear and a sports bra, she took a deep breath - enjoying having the pressure off her windpipe - and looked around to see if there was any medical officer who had time to check on her.

OOC: Invite to @chXinya to address the V-Nine situation?  ;)

EDIT: Fixed a slew of typos. Must have written this half-asleep.

Reply #11
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Primary Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @Griffinsummoner @Tae @Lathaniel @SaraKnight

With a weary and exasperated sigh, Kate emerged from one of the surgical suites into the Primary Care Unit, her hands trembling visibly as she held unto a silver tumbler emblazoned with a Starfleet delta. Peering about the immediate area with something of a thousand-yard stare, she tried to put the visceral visualization of Scruffy’s brutalized body out of the forefront consideration of her mind.

“He’ll be fine.” Commented Kitty Ellison as she stepped out beside Kate, a comforting hand finding her shoulder in the process.

Acknowledging her with a succinct nod, Kate tried not to dwell on having had to wrestle another close friend back from the brink of death, the memory of Tessa still fresh in her memory from just a few hours prior. “Yeah...” clearing her throat, Kate realized that her affection for the injured systems engineer had been easily picked up on by her colleagues, exposing her to a degree. “...I umm, I’m sure the Petty Officer will be fine.” Her attempt at hiding behind professionalism all but a futile act at subterfuge, but nevertheless, Kate tried. In truth, she did feel confident that he would make it through well enough, but her worry and concern would not be so readily assuaged until she saw him conscious once more. It was a desperate need she could feel weighing her down as she stood among the chaotic realm that was Primary Care, not necessarily her usual stomping grounds. Still, she knew her presence was a necessity, and that being here would afford her an escape from the haunting images that were actively circling around in her mind.

“I’ll keep you informed of his status, and let you know if we need to take him in for additional tissue regeneration.” Kitty let her hand slip free from Kate, letting the Chief Surgeon stand alone in a veritable sea of people.

Taking a long sip of her hot spiced beverage, Kate saw Vin nearby moving with active purpose as he went about overseeing the treatment of the myriad patients surrounding them. The sight of her Ovri friend still hard at work brought a tender smile to her face, bolstering the waning energy levels in her own body enough that she felt resolved in her efforts to lend a hand wherever she could. Though as the doors to Main Sickbay opened, giving way to a cavalcade of mechanical patients, the vestiges of any smile disappeared, replaced with abject consternation. V-Nine, the Savi surgical droid, was every bit the capable surgeon as Kate, in fact, in many ways she was arguably better than Kate given the exemplary nature of her programming; the loss of such a vital part of the Medical team would put them at a disadvantage, which could have drastic and severe consequences in the short-term, and beyond. “Shit...” she exclaimed as mere whisper, a reaction to witnessing the banged-up cyborg following after atop another hover-gurney.

Stepping aside to grant the emergency personnel room to bring them in, Kate incidentally bumped into a blue-skinned woman standing just off to the periphery of the entryway, nearly knocking her off balance as she’d been looking about for someone to help her. “Oh! Ohh, umm... I’m sorry!” Kate reacted, reaching out to help steady the Andorian security officer. “I didn’t umm... I see you there.”

“Are you... are you in need of care?” she asked blankly, noticing the dark bruises which ran across her exposed arms and legs.

Reply #12
[ Lt. ThanIda zh'Wann | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]
When bumped into, ThanIda zh'Wann caught herself on the edge of the biobed, but she knocked down the hardshell boots of her exosuit - making them clatter against the deck.

"Shelat," she murmured, but the pinkskin apologised immediately, so Ida just dismissed the concern with a gesture and a nod, even though she had to shift her stance to take the weight off her bad side. "Yes... Thank you."

Ida pushed the boots aside with her bare foot and then turned to face the medical officer. Someone she'd seen now and again on the Theurgy, but was rather new, suggesting she may have come aboard during the time they'd spent at Aldea. She believed she could be the new Chief Surgeon, replacing Doctor Maya, but she wasn't quite certain. All she knew was that Maya had asked for secondment with the KDF, wanting to aid the Klingons in dealing with the Infested, and Captain Ives had granted the Vulcan her wish. The new Chief Surgeon was definitely younger... and more attractive, but there was something strange about the doctor's eyes that she couldn't quite put her finger on. Can Pinkskins have that colour to their eyes?

She supposed she ought to tell the woman what had happened to her, so Ida leaned back against the edge of the biobed, putting her hands there as well, and cleared her throat. Her antennae curled towards the woman as she spoke. "Deputy zh'Wann. I was down on Praxis. Fought one of them. The suit saved me, but I'm not too sure about my endoskeleton. Aches, all over. My hip is the worst. Took a bad fall, and it caught the worst of it. I'll live, but I have a bad limp. I suppose the bruising will go down, and I don't think anything is broken, but if you could do something about the pain and scan my hip, I'd be grateful."

Some of the bruising was older, from the fight with the Savi that had betrayed the Voice and the rebel Antes. She wasn't looking forward to the political fallout of that, but she knew she and Thea had acted in accordance with protocol, with no options on hand for a less permanent solution when it came to the traitor that had meant to destroy the ship.

Ida tilted her head, finding herself looking at the woman with an artist's eye after her brief explanation, thinking about how she might sketch the lines of her face and the curve of her neck, wanting to capture the colour of her hair and her eyes, since they made for an intriguing combination, complementing facial features that would leave no one wanting.

Meanwhile, the Head Nurse looked towards Kate Foster and smiled, acknowledging her with a nod, before trying to sort out what had happened to the two patients of the more mechanical nature.

Reply #13
[Selena Ravenholm | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2| USS Theurgy]

For what felt like forever but was really just a few hours at most, the only thing Selena knew was pain.  The momentary joy at shocking the Infested councillor with paralyzer barbs to the face kept her focused for a little while, but once the chaos in the Great Hall was resolved there wasn’t much to keep her attention off of the mess that he’d made of her entire back side.  She was sure that she’d slipped into unconsciousness at least once, she had little memory of how she got from the Great Hall and into a transporter, and if anyone fussed over her before that it was all a blur.

The difference in environment got through her half-closed eyelids easily enough, Federation ships were so bright, especially when compared with Klingon aestetics.  New drugs were shot into her body via hypospray almost the moment the confinement beam let go, numbing the worst of the agony almost instantly and bringing her out of the fog as well.  From there it was just an constant onrush of jargon that Selena barely understood even when she heard it clearly.  One more quick transporter trip and she was in Sickbay, the hideous ceiling instantly recognizable.  A few moments later she was set onto a gurney and pushed behind another floating patient.  The call for engineers perked her interest, and it was a good thing a minor paralyzer was in the cocktail the woman had been given as soon as she beamed aboard, despite the internal HUD screaming at her to remain still she tried to turn her head to see what that was about.

V-9 came into view as Selena’s nurse pushed his cyborg patient next to the android.  Unable to do little more than shift her eyes towards the machine she didn’t get the best of looks, but it was clear V was in rough shape.  Why they’d brought her to Sickbay and not one of the engineering labs was beyond her, but whatever.  Maybe there was just enough biological technology in Savi engineering that they thought it was best to have a doctor look her over.  Irregardless, there was little anyone could do for her right now, Selena knew exactly which parts were needed to get V-9 back up and running, additional damage notwithstanding.

“Thea….” Selena managed to croak out.  The drugs kept the effort mostly pain free, but her mechanical components screamed all sorts of warnings to her internal network.  She ignored them all.  “Interface….Thea….”

Reply #14
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Primary Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @chXinya @Tae @Lathaniel @SaraKnight

As the Andorian vixen before her shifted in her weight so that Kate might offer a more attentive eye, the blonde surgeon instinctively ran a hand through her hair to tuck it back behind one of her ears. With a tricorder in hand, she set it to immediately begin scanning for deep tissue and organ injuries which might’ve posed a severe threat.

Unlike Ida, Kate hadn’t yet fully familiarized herself with the crew manifest, at least not to the point in which she might’ve easily recognized one member of the crew at large from another. Her familiarity was limited to those she’d had direct interaction with, and thus far, she’d not met the blue-skinned Deputy before her. Taking heed of the advisement of her patient, Kate dropped to a knee beside Ida as she focused the sensor of the Tricorder on her hip, and the apparent injured leg which sprang down beneath it. “Them?” she asked blankly for the briefed of moments, though without necessarily needing it spelled out for her, the math quickly added up in her head and she made a face of understanding, peering up to Ida. “I umm... haven’t bumped into any of... of them... yet.” She explained, jilting her head once in order to dismiss the unpleasant thought associated with the infested, at least, according to the medical documents she’d read on them. “I guess you’re fortunate to have survived then.” She added, narrowing eyelids around tangerine orbs as the Tricorder started to give her a clear enough picture of the injuries Ida had sustained.

“You’ve a deep bone bruise in your right iliac crest, probably caused by an impact, and a fracture to the acetabular rim, which is constricting the movement of your femur, and causing swelling of the surrounding tissue.” Closing the tricorder, Kate clipped it to the waistband of her pants, right beneath her slender abdomen, the teal fabric of her undershirt still stained with dried blood from earlier. Standing up from where she’d knelt, holding out a helping hand to Ida in an effort to support and guide her to a nearby bio-bed which had just been vacated by another patient. “C’mon, I need you to take a seat so that I can bring the inflammation down.” Pre-emptively expecting some sort of a kind rebuff for the extended care Kate was offering, as many of the ‘tough and rough’ members of the crew were known for, Kate let a slight reassuring smile cross the finer features of her face in hopes of eliciting cooperation from Ida.

Ready to continue care, an appropriate analgesic in mind with which she could administer to the Andorian, alleviating whatever pain she might’ve been experiencing, she appreciated the chance to continue her work, and ignore the more trying concerns plaguing her.

“Please?” she waited for Ida to take her hand.

Reply #15
[Show/Hide]
Ida listened to what the Doctor was saying about her hip, but since she could barely follow along with the medical jargon, she found herself more focused on planning out the sketch of the Chief Surgeon and the subsequent painting. It might be a result of the adrenaline thinning out in her cobalt blood, her mind straying to such frivolous territory in the wake of the strife she'd just seen - as if she was trying to find a balance - but how could her mind not linger on the depiction of such a rare pinkskin?

"I see," she said, pulled from her study by the prompt to sit down. With a glance towards the biobed which she was leaning against, Ida realised she had beleaguered it with her damaged exosuit, so she gingerly pushed away and followed the Chief Surgeon to the free one. She kindly declined the hand held out for support with the flicker of a smile and a shake of her head - her pride perhaps getting the better of her. She was a solider, not an aged zhen in the autumn of her life. "My gratitude, though I'll manage..."

After three limping steps, in which she regretted her choice by the second, Ida reached the free biobed and put her hand on it to rebalance herself. She ground her teeth together and turned to face the doctor, and then used her arms to lift herself up on the edge of the biobed - letting her bare feet dangle just above the deck plating. She grimaced against the way her hip protested and took a deep breath - the overhead lighting running over the top of her chest and her brow when she straightened up.

"If possible, and if there are options in terms of treatment, I would like to be back on duty by tomorrow," she said idly, her antennae and eyes re-centring on the Chief Surgeon. Her eyes would have lingered on her, since the Doctor was exquisitely effortless to look at, but mid-sentence a new arrival broke off her query. "What's your nam-"

"Thea, would you mind joining us here in the PCU? It's urgent," the Head Nurse had said, the Ovri's black eyes raised to the deckhead. Vinata Vojona had heeded the request from Ravenholm, and the Ship A.I. answered immediately. With a shimmer of light, the holographic interface of the A.I. appeared close to the Head Nurse and the two bedridden patients of the more mechanical nature. She was wearing the teal version of her chameleon bodysuit, alert and attentive to her surroundings.

"Chief Ravenholm asked to interface with you," the Ovri said, glancing towards Savi android and wringing her four-fingered hands. "Reports say they were both on the Sabine, so she might know what's wrong with V-Nine. The Chief is hurt beyond our means to repair her cybernetics, but we'll do all we can for her organic tissues. Perhaps you can help her too?"

"I see. I will interface and check the diagnostics. Her logs should be more than enough to see what parts it is that need repair or replacement."

When Thea moved to Ravenholm's side, Ida looked away from the development, finding herself up-close with the Doctor, and any thoughts lingering on the development a few beds away evaporated - her full attention being on the blonde Chief Surgeon and what she was saying.

@chXinya , perhaps Thea and Ravenholm can interact virtually, like they have done in the past? :)

Reply #16
[Selena Ravenholm | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2| USS Theurgy] attn: @Auctor Lucan

Unable to turn to see if anyone had heard her plea, Selena was overjoyed to hear one of the nurses nearby (she couldn’t see or tell which) call for Thea.  A familiar shimmering effect sounded in her ears and that oh-so-lovable voice echoed in her mind, eyes closing in relief.  Amazingly soft hands soon touched her head with tenderness and the cyborg’s systems registered a physical connection in her neck port.  A deep breath to steady herself was all she needed from there, and with a simple mental command the cacophony of the overloaded sickbay vanished.  Opening her eyes again, Selena saw that the link was successful, the dark digital domain she loved spread out all around her.  Some of the sharp neon-colored boundary lines were blurred this time, no doubt a reflection of the damage her cybernetic components had sustained, but it was stable.  Able to turn her head at last, Selena could see Thea standing nearby, patiently as always.  Simulated hair fell across her face, obscuring the image, but she didn’t mind.

“It worked…” Selena muttered before rolling off of the digital bed, settling onto her feet with the care someone just getting out of a hospital bed even though in here there was no need for it.  “How’d it go up here for you Thea?  Anything critical damaged?”  A part of the woman wanted to rush right into the hologram’s arms, but even in here time was of the essence.  The fun would have to wait.  She mentally logged Thea’s little report, once she was back on her feet she knew she’d be up to her elbows in Thea’s innards before too long.

“Listen, Thea, I need you help.  You probably already saw how badly V-Nine got damaged, but it wasn’t from combat.  In order to get to Q’onos in time she showed me how to build a booster for the shuttle’s warp core but it took some critical parts from her chassis to make it work.  She’d locked herself down into a hatch beforehand but still got knocked around.  I still have the parts list so if the Sabine survived and we can recover the booster I can show you what to retrieve and how to install it.”  Selena held out a digital hand and the files in question appeared in the space above her palm: a representation of V-Nine’s chassis with the step-by-step instructions on how to get her back into one piece scrolling next to it.

“We’ll want V herself looped in as well, I can’t imagine working on her without permission.  Do you think you can bridge her into this link as well?”

Reply #17
[ Thea | Virtual Uplink ] Attn: @chXinya 
[Show/Hide]
When the uplink to the virtual interface program was established, Thea had looked around briefly - having assumed the digital representation of herself in the shape of her real-world projection. The place brought back memories of a fight between her and Selena, having taken place in that very virtual landscape after Ravenholm had been mind-melded by T'Rena. At the end of the fight, Thea had been able to execute the backup memory storage the woman had implanted in her brain, the backup having been made prior to the mind-meld, and thus allowing Selena to return to her former self.

Seeing Selena get to her feet inside the program, Thea smiled and answered her question. "My three hulls have suffered damage, yes, but I will not bore you with the full damage report. Already, the Klingons have promised to offer aid in my repairs whilst I orbit Qo'noS. I will be fine soon enough."

She was about to ask what had happened to Selena when she began to talk about what had happened to V-Nine. Thea listened in silence and nodded. "I have reports coming in that the Sabine made it out of the First City, and I have the coordinates to the shuttle's current location on my sensors. Her owner - Aldnoah - has filed a request for repairs, and in her request she also mention a ZPE booster that needs to be retrieved from the Sabine's storage compartment. I gather that V-Nine needs critical components from that, and that they can't be replicated?"

After confirming that, Thea turned to look in the direction where V-Nine was in the real world, and she made a search for something that she'd detected aboard the Versant, when she'd first met the surgical android. "She is already broadcasting a wireless signal to me, and I think I can bridge her connection into this uplink through my systems. A moment..."

Accepting the Savi android's signal, Thea integrated an audio reception program, and once she could read a steady connection, she spoke up. "V-Nine, this is Thea. Can you hear me?"

[Yes! Oh, gosh, it is such a relief that someone can hear me again. I couldn't access my vocal processor on my platform after the ZPE device was finished, and but I have been able to hear everything around me.] V-Nine's voice reverberated in the virtual air around them. [I am so glad that the idea to improve the warp flight of the Sabine served the mission, and - as far as I have heard - that Chancellor Martok is still leading the Klingon Empire.]

"Yes, it was a costly victory on some fronts, but a victory nonetheless. We now have the full support of the Klingon High Council, and Martok has sent the real Simulcast across the Empire and beyond. How it will be received - or believed - remains to be seen. I have Selena Ravenholm here with me, can you confirm that you'll be able to give proper instruction on how to reassemble you, after we have retrieved your missing parts from the Sabine."

[Oh, yes, of course. I will be able to transmit the instructions now. Ravenholm? My audio receivers suggested that you were hurt in the Great Hall. Are you okay?]

OOC: I'll post with Ida once you have replied @Swift . Figured I'd post with Thea separately given the change in "location". :)

Reply #18
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Primary Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @chXinya @Tae @Lathaniel @SaraKnight

All about her, there was a veritable flurry of activity as more and more patients were being brought in from the different areas of the ship, each in varying states of injury and need of treatment. By all rights, it was an all-hands-on-deck situation, and Kate caught out of the corner of her eye as each member of her surgical team were similarly busy. In an odd sense, she was thankful for the distraction of work, as heavy in the back of her mind were the still lingering memories of injured friends and colleagues, and beyond that, the pangs of discomfort elicited by whatever her brother had done to her. Though, as she and Ida made their way over to a nearby free bio-bed, having left behind the damaged armor the blue-skinned security officer had been wearing earlier, Kate blinked hard in an effort to clear her thoughts and afford the deputy the clarity of attention she deserved.

“Umm... sorry.” She apologized, not necessarily expanding upon what exactly she was apologizing for.

When they’d reached the bio-bed, the Andorian woman taking a seat at the edge, Kate grabbed at a kit of medical tools that had been splayed out on a nearby adjunct counter, retrieving first a hypospray which she began programming to deliver a local relief agent. “Here... this should help.” She explained, one of her slender hands braced gently against the side of Ida’s exposed thigh near her hip, while the other pressed said hypospray to her skin and administered a commensurate dosage for her size and genetic makeup, Andorian physiology dictating some measure of care in that regard. “Umm... my name is Foster. Erm, I mean, I’m Doctor Foster.” She stammered to answer, her eyes narrowing as she watched to see any contortion or flexing of the musculature of Ida’s thigh, which would’ve been an immediate sign of any sort of adverse reaction.

Content for the moment that the pain reliever would have an effect, though ready to administer a second dosage, if necessary, Kate hastily spun round to retrieve a sub-dermal orthopedic regenerator which she could use to begin treating the injury at it’s stemming point, namely deep in her hip. “Umm... Kate.” She answered, casting a glance up to look into Ida’s face before attuning her gaze back to the hip in question, wanting to provide attentive care to the injured woman. “What umm... what’s your name?” She asked in turn, pressing the probe into the crease of Ida’s hip so that the device might better work to mend the fractured bone underneath. She'd appreciated the bravado on display by the Andorian as it became clear the woman wanted to return to duty as quickly as possible.

Reply #19
[ Lt. ThanIda zh'Wann | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] @Swift
[Show/Hide]
Ida had been unsure what the Doctor had apologised about. Perhaps she'd felt she'd lapsed in attention? Understandable, given the amount of activity around them, even when not considering the presence of the Ship A.I. and the two patients of more mechanical nature.

As it were, Ida's own attention wasn't lapsing at all when it came to her own treatment. Certainly not when she felt the woman's warm hands against her skin, momentarily contrasted by the cool muzzle of the hypospray and the hiss of the anaesthetic. The Chief Surgeon then told Ida her name, and she noted it for future reference as the name of the sketch she'd make. Doctor Kate Foster.... she thought, watching her where she sat with her antennae titled towards her. She adjusted her hands on the edge of the biobed a little when Foster returned with a medical instrument of some kind, and placed the cool metal against her warm skin. She bit her lower lip momentarily, before she cleared her throat a little.

"ThanIda zh'Wann," she answered in a low voice, her light blue eyes running over the shape of the Doctor's face whilst she was working. For some reason, she got the idea that the woman was a bit distracted, as if something had happened to her but she was still focusing on her job. The ship had just seen battle, so perhaps the Doctor had been involved in something during the strife with House Mo'Kai, Ida speculated. "Ida, for short. I... just returned from a mission aboard the Erudite, before we reached Qo'noS. I am afraid I have yet to catch up on reports about what happened here in my absence. How are you faring here?"

She asked because she'd sworn and oath to protect the crew, and yet she'd been away and unable to oversee the onboard defence against boarders, but the other reason was more like an invitation for Kate Foster to bespeak what troubled her. Of course, Ida wouldn't presume to ask directly, leaving the Doctor with the choice of doing so. As for her hip, it seemed the local sedative was working, because the pain had quickly ebbed away. She made sure to sit still, however distracting the woman was, so that she could get the treatment she needed.

Reply #20
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Primary Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @chXinya @Tae

Rolling her shoulders a little as she continued to apply the osteogenic regenerator against the blue-skin of her patient, careful to attune the probe’s emitter in the direction of the fractured acetabular rim, Kate kept watchful gaze out of her periphery on the readout of the bio-bed monitor which had automatically begun to check the vitals of Ida when she’d sat atop it.

“It’s umm... It’s nice to meet you, Ida.” She said simply, her tangerine-gaze snapping back to the face of the Andorian woman currently under her care. Not generally aware of any of the thoughts that were running through the Deputy’s mind, though indirectly sensing that there was at least something on her mind. “Reports can wait.” She added as way of trying to clarify her need to rest and recuperate from injury, a measure that Kate and most of the Medical Staff would have to remind their fellow shipmates the importance of. “As for what went on here...” Kate paused a moment, tilting the pate of her head as her focus went back to the crook at Ida’s hip in order to gauge the alleviation of swelling in her musculature, a sign of how well the healing process was going. In the back of her mind, she didn’t necessarily want to so soon relive all of the calamity and terror that had been wrought, but she also understood the need to attend to the concerns of her patients, and in this case, answering some relevant and understandable questions outweighed that want.

“...the Klingons came. Attacked anyone and everyone. Patients. Staff. Didn’t... didn’t seem to matter to them.” She swallowed audibly as the memory of it all flashed in her mind, the pang in her slender still-bruised neck coming back to prominence as she explicitly remembered nearly being choked to death by one of said Klingons. “We... umm, we lost some people.” Shifting in her place, she set the osteogenic regenerator down in favor of a sub-dermal tissue regenerator. With the bone in her body healed, only soft-tissue damage remained for Kate to attend to regarding Ida’s physical condition. “There were even... these monstrous Gorn. Tearing through bulkheads.” Skillfully she began to run the probe back and forth over Ida’s hip, from halfway down her thigh, then back up to her exposed blue midriff in an effort to quell any swelling and mend any torn or bruised muscles underneath. “Your umm... your people, the Security team really saved us. We owe you guys a lot.” She added in the end, her exotically hued eyes once more shifting back to look Ida in her face.

“I’m glad we have you guys. Glad you made it back from your mission too. I umm... imagine we’ll be needing more of you in the future too.”

Reply #21
[ Lt. ThanIda zh'Wann | Main Sickbay | Primary Care Unit | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] @Swift
[Show/Hide]
Hearing about the, ironically, dishonourable way a Klingon House had conducted itself when boarding the Theurgy made Ida's browridge lower over her eyes - her white eyebrows cutting a line over her irises. Medical personnel were not supposed to be targeted in such a fashion. They had sworn an oath to do no harm, and yet the damnable ridgeheads couldn't give a damn, thinking there was glory to attack non-combatants. As if that wasn't enough, they'd unleashed Gorn slaves on them?

Apparently, Security had fulfilled their duties in her absence, since the Chief Surgeon expressed her attitude for their efforts in protecting them.

"I am pleased to hear a Security detail was quick enough to deal with the boarding party that reached you here," she said, feeling how her body was responding to the treatment. A warmth was spreading in the area, and the pain was mitigated by each step Doctor Foster took to alleviate it. Ida noted, as the pinkskin turned her head and focused on her task, how her neck was bruised. No doubt from the altercation she'd seen mere hours ago. "As for the future, nothing is certain. But I do know one thing."

Ida smiled then, in recognition of the obvious. "We will need you equally," she said, nodding towards her. "For every added officer in Security, we'll require people who can take care of us when we get hurt. We need you for us to be at our best, so that we don't fail. This mission and this crew would be short-lived without you. You said you owe us, we in Security, even though - in my eyes - you pay your debts every day."

Antennae rising, Ida hoped her smile and her words were enough to convey her genuine appreciation. "By Lor'Vela, I had no idea Humans could have that colour to their eyes. You're beautiful."

Belatedly, Ida realised that her wording in Federation Standard might have been a tad bold, but after the words had left her mouth, she couldn't backpedal from it since it had been naught but the truth, and doing so would have been an insult at that point. The artist in her had spoken in earnest, perhaps because the adrenaline was thinning in her cobalt blood.

Reply #22
[Selena Ravenholm | Virtual Uplink] attn: @Auctor Lucan

Selena sighed in relief at the sound of V-Nine’s voice.  Even better was the fact that the android wasn’t really damaged any further despite the turbulent reentry and landing, and that getting her back up and working wouldn’t be a huge ordeal.  Sickbay would probably be overjoyed at having V-Nine back as well, it’s sure to take a while to get everyone back on their feet.  Listening to her digital friends again, after all the chaos and pain on Q’onos was a huge relief for the mostly flesh-and-blood woman, and her arms wrapped around herself in a happy embrace.

V-Nine’s cheery refrain broke through Selena’s little internal aside, and her eyes snapped up towards the virtual sky, with no avatar to look at it was the best I could do.  “I’m in Sickbay now, so I’m sure I will be after a while.  Might end up in in an engineering lab later too, my implants will need an overhaul as well.”  She was about to end it there, but something started tickling the back of her mind, telling her that the medical expert wasn’t going to leave it at that.  Bringing her focus to Thea for a moment, studying the holographic face, Selena held out a hand and her bio and cybernetic status readouts hung above it.  There was a lot of red.

“It got pretty vicious, especially as we got close to the Hall.  A jackal got my leg pretty good, punched through the outer casing and crushed a few components, giving me a limp.  After that…I underestimated what an Infested Klingon could do.  The bastard was fast, faster than Acreth was.  Never imagined he could snatch me out of the air like that.  Crushed my leg like a tin can and tossed me to the ground like a child throwing a tantrum.  If it weren’t for my spine I’d probably be dead…”

Even in the digital space, the memory made Selena shiver, hair shimmying with the simulated motion.  “Never thought a mechanical spine would keep from being a cripple twice.”

Reply #23
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Primary Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @chXinya @Tae

With one hand delicately placed at the side of Ida’s waist, the other gliding a sub-dermal tissue regenerator back and forth in long, slow, deliberate motions, Kate kept one eye on her patient, and the other on the bio-readout monitor, where she could effectively gauge the healing process by the restoration of nominal vital signs.

“You’re healing nicely.” She commented absently.

Nodding in acknowledgement of Ida’s own reaction to tale of the Security Team coming to the rescue of Sickbay, Kate was relieved to see a decline in the abject bruising of the area of injury along Ida’s hip and thigh. Further evidence of the effectiveness of the treatment she afforded the Andorian Deputy. “Hmm... oh?” she canted her head at the mention of the future, and a certainty that the blue-skinned woman knew of. The affirmation of the necessity of the Medical Staff, an apparent appreciation for the role they played in bandaging the bruised and broken members of Theurgy’s crew was more than welcome. While Kate, nor any member of the Staff did what they did for recognition or gratitude, they did it out of a genuine want to care for those that needed it. But it was nice to get a thanks every now and then, and it went a long way toward making Kate and the rest of Medical feel as though they were just as vital a facet of the effort as Security, Tactical, or Engineering.

“Thanks.” She said simply, the genuine tone in her voice evident by its warmth.

Trailing her gaze away from Ida a moment to check the readouts again, Kate made note of them having fallen back well within the standards for an Andorian of such fitness. Still, she’d need to run a more thorough check with a tricorder in order to ensure that whatever healing she could administer had been in full. Gradually, she reattuned the focus of her eyes on Ida, just in time for the Deputy to make overt mention of their exotic hue. It wasn’t the first time someone had drawn attention to them, given their stark and unusual pigment, though it had been a bit of a while since it’d been done in such a manner, the additional compliment paid of her physical appearance in accompaniment. Immediately a blush went to Kate’s features, the pinkish hue of her cheeks contrasted by her otherwise pale complexion as she averted her gaze bashfully. “Oh... umm, thanks.” She said, clearing her throat audibly before deactivating the sub-dermal tissue regenerator, setting it aside, and reaching for the tricorder.

“They’re umm... I mean, we usually don’t have such colored eyes. They’re a result of...” Searching for the right way to explain her past addiction, and how it had left her permanently afflicted, Kate tried to recall all of the other times she’d had to answer questions about it. Hesitating a moment, even overtly so as she flipped on the tricorder to scan Ida’s waist, Kate finally sighed with determination before continuing. “They’re resultant of my past. I umm... I was a Felicium Addict.” She paid Ida an apologetic look, as if to grant the Andorian a sort of forgiveness for having brought up the potentially difficult subject. “I technically still am. One of the permanent side-effects of the addiction is the alteration of my irises to this color.” She weighed whether or not to further expand on Felicium Addiction, and her decision to not cosmetically re-alter her eye color back to it’s original green hue, but figured it was likely a disinteresting matter for the Deputy to hear.

As the sensor in the tricorder gave a return signal, displaying the internal structure and status of Ida’s hip and thigh, Kate nodded with another abject smile evident. “Your hip is back within 99.5% of nominal standards. Or... in other words, you’re as healthy as I can make you.”

“How’s it feel?” she asked.

Reply #24
[ Thea | Virtual Uplink ] Attn: @chXinya 
[Show/Hide]
Hearing V-Nine and Ravenholm talk through the shared uplink, it became evident that the surgical android could be saved. They would only need to collect the parts required from the Sabine.

When shown to her, Thea shook her head at the sight of the data hovering over Ravenholm's hand, concern creasing her brow. "You have to be more careful, Selena," she said, and the thought of loosing her friend - one of the few left among the crew - made her reach out and put the digital representation of her hand against Selena's cheek. "I wouldn't want to loose you as well..."

Realising that she had bared her emotions quite a bit, and unwilling to delve into the topic of discussing whom had died in the Battle of the Houses, Thea cleared her throat and lowered her hand. "V-Nine, please send the instructions for the reassembly and I will make sure that whomever restores you - be it Ravenholm or someone else - will have them on hand. I have already sent word about the tech aboard the Sabine being collected as soon as possible. Don't worry, we'll make sure you'll get your platform functional again."

[That's a relief to hear. Instructions sent. Thank you, Thea.]

"As for you," she said to Selena with a smirk. "I'll make ask the doctors take good care of you, before I have Tyreke Okafor take a look at your implants and those repairs you need. I am sure he'll be able to sort out the rest. As for now, you ought to log out and get some rest. Let the doctors sedate you so that they can get started with their treatment, okay? Oh, and next time... don't take any chances just because you managed to capture one of them on the Harbinger, okay?"

Ensign Sonja Acreth had merely been human, but as far as she recalled, Selena hadn't been alone in subduing the Infested woman either. It had taken the whole bridge crew of the Akira-class ship to get her back inside a holding cell.

[Show/Hide]
Hearing about the reason behind the pinkskin's irises didn't take away from the woman's impression on Ida. Instead, it gained additional layers, ranging from curiosity about the woman's past, in how she ended up an addict in the first place, to how she had overcome it. There was a story there, in those eyes, that served to make the woman more interesting.

Clearly, the Chief Surgeon didn't hold the reminder against Ida either, openly telling her what had happened to her. That look of honesty, with whose eyes - with their pigment alone - would present the viewer of the canvas with a victim and a victor. With just one drawing, with one stare, Ida wanted to capture that story.

Doctor Foster pulled Ida out of her fascination by telling her that the treatment was finished, and she blinked, realising that she hadn't had the time to ask for more about her past. Gingerly, she slipped down from the biobed and took a few steps. "The pain is gone," she said, and slowly tried out some dynamic stretching movements that would provoke the hip flexor musculature, and found no lingering issues besides a small bit of soreness. "Thank you. I believe I can recover in my quarters, so unless you found something else on your tricorder, I will make sure to show myself out of here so that you have more room for other patients. I promise I will make sure to rest properly. Oh, and Doctor?"

Ida paused while walking to collect her damaged exosuit, but she glanced over her shoulder at the woman. "I cannot even guess how much grief your past may have held, or how high the cost of managing your dependency on that drug was - or is - but you are here, and we're grateful for it." She made a mental note, looking down her body, that she might want to replicate a new uniform before leaving sickbay. Nonetheless, Ida picked up the pieces of her armour and gave the other woman a smile. "Moreover, Doctor Foster, as an artist, it would be my privilege to draw you someday... if you ever feel like sitting as a model for me. If that ends up being the case, Thea can help you find me."

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder