Skip to main content
Topic: DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.] (Read 10500 times) previous topic - next topic

DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.]

DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.]

[ PO1 Dyan Cardamone | Quarters | Deck 05] Attn: IronFerrox

Dyan Cardamone and Officer Larsson stood outside the doors to Nathaniel Isley's quarters. Zaraq had left, Ida had too. Their charge wasn't causing any trouble. It was silence outside the halls, and silence in the room behind them. Every fifteen minutes, they would check in to report the stunning headline that nothing happened. Dyan barely spoke. In her head, she couldn't get rid of Zaraq's horrible, ugly face, his voice, even his smell. Larsson stood immersed in boredom, Dyan in Zaraq's words, repeated broken record-style until she felt the inside of her head go numb and acidic bile rise through her chest. She took a deep breath, she had to do something.
"It's been a little chilly in the halls lately, don't you think?..."

As the end of their watch approached, the lukewarm conversation between the two of them died out. Officers Larsson and Cardamone stood quietly, both of them casting glances at the end of the hall where their replacements would be coming soon. Dyan especially wanted to leave; She had been standing here in silence, stewing in her own thoughts for so long she was starting to feel claustrophobic. She needed something, anything to take her thoughts away from her for a while...

Re: DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.]

Reply #1
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Quarters | Deck 05]

When the two relief officers arrived there was another unexpected person with them.  Well not so unexpected when you considered that the person they were guarding was one of the ship's Fighter pilots.  Still the oddity was the fact that he wasnt there because they were guarding one of his pilots but instead was here because he had heard that the Asurian he had begun to get to know quite well was scheduled to be getting off duty with this changing of the guard.

Miles looked forward and looked to the two fresh guards, "I checked the logs, nothing but mundane reports filed it looks like."  he said feeling good to know that Mav's house arrest had been uneventful knowing the less there was to report the less Mav would need defending regardless of how the tactical reports came back.

Looking to the two guards he nodded, "Alright, go get some R&R we've all had a long day. he said looking towards Larsson."  Turning to Cardamone he added, "Care to join me below decks." he said casually knowing they hadn't really seen much of each other since the mutiny.  Given their shared ordeal, and their schedules preparing for the weapons raid.  It really wasn't too surprising that they hadn't really had much time to touch base with each other.  He didn't know how she felt but he knew there was a lot of baggage that needed unpacked on his side and remaining distant would hardly resolve anything.

Reply #2
[ PO1 Dyan Cardamone | Quarters | Deck 05]

Finally, she saw a group of people moving towards her. She shifted her weight from one foot to another and felt her tail twitch. She saw out of the corner of her eye that Larsson let out a sigh as well. Her mind had just begun to rifle through all the things she could do to occupy herself when she realized there were three people arriving, not two. She glanced up again, and there was Miles.

Something about her mental state shifted gears, her face appeared to relax, if subtly. If she had to obsess over any one face, she'd prefer Miles over Zaraq.
"Nothing out of the ordinary." She shrugged. Larsson nodded to confirm her statement. The moment he heard they were dismissed, he was already off, like he has some sort of important business to attend to. She turned to Miles and watched his face as he spoke. It seemed lined with stress, a tiredness she branded as familiar. He asked her to join him, Dyan offered him a smile and a warm voice,
"Sure. It's been a while." She stepped out of her post and next to Miles's side. "What's the plan? Are we just hanging out? I ought to wash off all this sweat built up from hours of doing nothing." Her smile widened. "It was hard work, you know."

Reply #3
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Quarters | Deck 05]

he smiled softly, "Yea I imagine, probably the most unruly prisoner we have on this ship. I'm sure Acreth's guards are thankful to have such an easy assignment in comparison.  Hell musta been near impossible stay awake from all the exertion." he said sarcastically knowing that guarding the quarters of a self imposed house arrest were notorious as some of the draining, through sheer boredom, assignments a security officer could draw.

"Oh I was thinking I could either get you a drink and some real food back in below decks,  Ive got some extra ration credits burning a hole in my pocket and cant think of anything better to do with them after all.  Of course we could just skip the middle man and head to my place.  I've got a bit of a holdout just begging to be shared with some company after all and there's no one I can think of better to share it with."

Reply #4

Her smile widened, but stopped short. It'd been a while since she last smiled, she felt her cheeks hurt. She rubbed them as she spoke.
"I think I'll skip the dinner this time and go straight to the show."

She knew she shouldn't skip a meal, but she just couldn't find it in herself to feel hungry. After all; what if Zaraq was there? What would she do? To Miles, Dyan's face went from a smile to a heavy frown, her eyes off to the side and lost in thought. When she spoke, her voice didn't seem so warm anymore. She was trying, but not quite there.
"What sort of holdout are you talking about? I don't think I know what the word means in that context."

Reply #5
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Corridors | Deck 05]

He couldn't help but laugh for a moment, it was a bit new to him to be the one with the greater grasp of human jargon.  "Well I am sure you are familiar with a holdout in security terms being a secret stache of something, for instance weapons or illicit materials." 

He paused thinking about his full supply, a small but decent cache of non synthahol spirits stored within a small temperature and moisture regulated storage container within one of the cargo bays within the bowels of the ship.  As of so far a few of his squadron knew about it and he had make its existence known to the various barkeeps as they came and went in Below Decks so that on special occasions they could borrow from it.  In addition to that he had of course shared the code to it with Chief Covington in case he felt that a special occasion for his deck crew was warranted."

Of course the vulpinian knew by regulations he shouldn't have it, but up until recently it has been less a stash of booze and more a collection he had acquired over his travels with a few personal favorites he tended to keep in stock.  However, since their exile from the Federation he had made sure it was made available to Below Decks through a slightly under the table trade of the real stuff for extra ration credits so he could occasionally enjoy a meal with real meat instead of the replicator's attempt at it, not to mention, that synthesized artificial meat that the lab made as a nutritional supplement for carnivorous species like his.

He smiled, thinking to what he needed to tell her for the moment knowing that as a security officer she might have to report what she found in his quarters, "In this sense, I have a small crate in my room with a few bottles of non-synthehol spirits created via more traditional means rather than modern methods, few wines from various planets, a few of my personal favorites from the human homeworld.  Little something from home as well, few bottles of Klingon bloodwine, and back when we were on that detail around Romulus I managed to score a bottle of their ale.  That bottle alone is part of why I hope you don't have to make a big fuss about it cause until now I thought I had done pretty good at keeping security unaware of my stache's existence."

Reply #6

It took a moment for her thoughts to come together. When it clicked, she broke into another smile--ouch, her cheeks--and glanced over at Miles. She almost couldn't believe it. As she spoke, she had to keep herself from laughing here and there.
"Are you really telling me, a security officer on a Federation ship, someone totally capable of getting you busted, that you have a stash of contraband in your quarters?"

Though, in truth, she had been missing the real thing. Synthahol was fine and good, but something about it just felt off, as if you could taste and feel the 'synth' part more than the 'alcohol' part. Not to mention, this was Miles she was thinking about. What's the worst that could happen? She gave him a look, one that was supposed to be scolding but had too much smile to be that. She moved her hands to her hips as she walked.
"You know, what if I decide I don't believe you? And I won't believe you until I see and taste for myself. Especially the Romulan ale, I disbelieve that one the most."

Reply #7
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Corridors | Deck 05 ]

He smiled, "Well when you put it that way it sounds like I'm absolutely a horrible officer.  Motioning her to follow he headed over to the turbolift and summoned it.    He smirked as the door opened, "Well then, prepare to be surprised." he said before adding a curt, "Deck 2" ordering the turbolift to start.

[ Senior Officers Quarter's| Deck 02 ]

After the short trip on the turbolift and a quick walk the two made their way to the door outside Miles's quarters.  Upon opening the door he walked over to what appeared to be a simple display containing a Vulpinian military uniform and a small sword that appeared to go with the uniform probably an item that was part of the regalia of the previous life in his own people's military.  What was less expected was how upon opening the glass case and moving the uniform out of the way a hidden cabinet set into the uniform case was opened revealing what amounted to a small 3 shelved storage rack containing about 15 total bottles.  Looking for the distinctive blue hue he spotted the ale and grabbed the unopened bottle.  Etched into the glass was what appeared to be a series of Romulan letters probably a word in the language, possibly a brand for all miles knew.  Along the rim of the bottle where it was sealed was a foil like seal bearing the emblem of the Romulan senate and a small stamp of sorts. 

He smiled as he began explaining, "When we were working on Romulus I took a few of my hours off at one of the Romulan bars near the Senate.  Spent a bit of time and got to know one of the senators in the lower echelons enough and they requested me as part of their security detail when they came aboard Federation ships.  before we left I got one of them gifted to me and she informed me that that seal was all i would need to get it through customs on either side.   Apparently its like some kind of ambassadorial property seal or something.  Something about my possession of it being technically legal because the bottle counts as an item of minor diplomatic significance.  and don't worry when i was going though customs they scanned the hell out of it.  Don't think we all weren't aware of what kinda bio weapon some crafty spy might plant in a gifted bottle as a means of subtle attack.  Still here it is,  One bottle Romulan ale."

He paused thinking a moment, "Though its hardly the real prize of my collection so to speak.  That one's to be gifted to someone very notable; if I ever get the chance to meet them under less than hostile circumstances."

He couldn't help but laugh looking at the bottles of rather common human spirits a few various bottles from his home and even a few from various allied and one time enemy powers from in and around Federation space  that among this whole little hidden stash of what would officially be contraband to personally own on this ship.  The most universally illegal beverage is the one that even if officially declared would be fully legal for him to keep in his possession.  Of course the legality of opening it and drinking it were entirely different matters.

Reply #8
[ PO1 Dyan Cardamone | Sar-unga Neleo | Corridors | Deck 05 ]

She knew Miles was not a terrible officer, but teasing him was just too much fun. She smiled again and stepped into the turblift behind him; Their surprise awaits!

[ Senior Officers Quarter's| Deck 02]

Miles's quarters were not far, so Dyan did not have to wait for very long. She stepped into his quarters behind him, and the first thing she does is untuck her tail from under her pants. This requires her to lower her pants a touch, but nothing that could be considered revealing. Her tail sprung to life and swished around in apparent interest.

She took a moment to admire the decor, and more importantly, the clever way Miles used the decor to hide his stuff. At last though, the crown jewel: real Romulan ale, and what a beautiful bottle for it too. She sauntered over to Miles and his shelf as he spoke, listening to his every word.
"That's...actually really cool, Miles." A genuine response, it seemed to her like it would be a shame to open it. Also illegal, not that she would mind much. "A real seal too...That senator must've really liked your style. By the way," Her tail perked up, "If this isn't even the 'real prize', what is? Just out of curiosity, of course, no ill intent. As far as Petty Officer Dyan Cardamone knows, none of this exists." She gave him a wink, "That is, if you share with me."

Reply #9
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Miles Renard's Quarters| Deck 05 ]

He smiled a moment and grabbed two glasses and sat them down on a small table where they could sit.  "Go right ahead and pour us some.  Be careful though it...you know what, don't, you heal fast you should be able to pound it back even harder than the natives.  You know, sometimes I think Romulans only drink it to prove they are capable of doing so."

looking for the rather simple looking wine bottle in the collection he reached in and pulled it out and smiled softly.  "This.  This is the Pièce De Résistance,"  he sat the ordinary looking wine bottle down.  The label identified it as a bottle of Chateau Picard with a vintage of 2371.  "One of the hardest to find recent wines on Earth.  From what i hear that years vintage taste wise in unremarkable in comparison to some of the vintages but its the rarity that is its value.  You see Captain Picard of the last two Enterprise's was away on a mission when both his brother and nephew died tragically in a fire that year and as a result of the fire much of that year's vintage was either ruined by heat exposure or lost completely in the fire.  Given the relation to the captain of the vinyard and the rarity of the year's unscathed bottles a lot of people bought up what there was speculating a price increase.  Needless to say after he returned to earth after the destruction of the Enterprise-D, everything was bought up there were no bottles of that year left.  Of the last bottles his own brother had made, there were no unscathed bottles left for him to have as a keepsake."

He smiled softly thinking about what he imagined the bottles meaning might possibly have.  "In anticipation of one day meeting him I did what i could and managed to get  my hands on a single undamaged bottle of it a while back.  I plan on gifting it to him so that he can have one of his brother's last bottles.  I felt that given all he has done for the Federation it is a shame that he doesn't have a bottle of his brother's last vintage."

Reply #10
[  Sar-unga Neleo | Miles's Quarters | Deck 05 ]

She popped open the bottle and began pouring two drinks, hers a little less full than Miles's. She didn't feel it was right to correct Miles; Asurians really hadn't developed drinks as strong as this just yet. She may process it fast but it'll still hit her like torpedo if she's not careful. The last thing she needs to do is puke all over Miles's carpet.
"That sounds pretty Romulan to me. Gotta keep up appearances, look tough even if you aren't." She corked the bottle again and hesitated, she heard Miles's voice announcing something.

She picked up her head and was amazed. Real Chateau Picard. She listened to the history, to Miles's intentions, and smiled. It made her heart feel something resembling warmth, even though muted. She sauntered over and handed the Vulpinian his glass while she spoke,
"That's really sweet of you...But what are the chances of us meeting the real Captain Picard? Especially now. He's probably like everyone else in the Federation, he probably thinks we're off prancing around with the Romulans and having big fancy traitor parties where we just hand out Federation secrets like door-prizes. Even if we did meet him now, would he really trust that this is a real vintage 2371? Not that I'm doubting it's real-ness, but from an outside perspective, we're all traitorous scum." She paused, and realized she came off as exceedingly negative. Somehow, she didn't care much. She raised her glass, "Cheers?"

Reply #11
[Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard | Miles Renard's Quarters| Deck 05 ]

"To be honest his family vinyard's product isn't that hard to come by.  Just need to go to the region to get it.  His family's style has always been very traditional.  Little to no advertising or attempting to sell all over the planet much less the Federation.  Really the only hard part about getting ahold of any of their standard product is to just know what region in France it comes from and ask around for a wine shop that sells it.  Its not so rare just more a local product than a majorly known one.  that said from what I understand the vintage Picard himself prefers is the 2267 judging by how in all photos i have seen of it being served at various occasions on the Enterprise it has been this year on the label."

"As for my thoughts on him he tends to be one of the sharper captains in the fleet.  To be honest the closest previous incident to the invasion we are facing appears to have been uncovered by himself as well as his first officer at the time.  Apparently there was some kind of parasitic insect like creature that invaded the Admiralty of the Federation along with many individuals that found themselves promoted and placed in key positions in the fleet.  Frankly if there are any captains in the fleet that I imagine might believe in some kind of alien infiltration conspiracy it would be himself and Captain Riker of the Titan. Since they have both uncovered a similar conspiracy."

"In addition their service records seems to show that Picard and Riker both have a tendency to not blindly follow orders and do things based on their best interpretation of the tenants of the Federation, and what is the moral thing to do in a given situation.  Above all else i estimate that Picard is a diplomat above all else and Riker being married to his first officer a half betazoid capible of having an ability to sense the emotional states of people on ships that they encounter.  Both of them would be very highly likely candidates to be captains that would not force an aggressive confrontation but would be willing to at least talk things through before blindly attacking."

He shrugged, "That said, we almost ran into him when we got sent out to Romulus originally,  Hell the Theurgy was essentially the Enterprises relief.  Unfortunately by the time we got there the Enterprise was already on its way back to dock for their repairs." 

Hearing her proposal to a toast he smiled, "To a brighter future?"  he proposed  putting up the chateau picard and walking over to the tumbler of blue liquid.  already grimacing knowing the sting that it would deliver to his throat he braced himself and downed his.  A sharp wince came over his face as he forced it down his tail raising a bit its fur standing on end.  as he forced his way through the pain.  before turning the glass over and placing it rim down on the table.  "That" he nearly coughed out the word.  "is half of why Romulan ale is illeagal."  he smirked as he breathed a bit heavially.  "The other half is bullshit trade embargoes and politics."

Reply #12
[  Sar-unga Neleo | Miles's Quarters | Deck 05 ]

It would be very easy to fall into an argument here. Sar-unga didn't believe the Federation's shining stars were so pure. Though Miles was right, Picard and especially Riker were not exactly rule book-thumpers, they were too high-profile for any infiltration team to overlook. She held her tongue though, it was not the time to drag him down into the depths of her despair. It's time to drink with her buddy, as far as she cared. She raised her glass with Miles, "To a brighter future," and downed her drink.

It burned her throat, her tail whipped about angrily as she fought to control the urge to cough while drinking. It was a good pain though, she felt a little more alive for it. She coughed and set her cup down next to his, a smile reappearing on her face. "Yeah, agreed. About the bullshit embargoes I mean. Are you sure this is Romulan ale?" She added the last part quickly, "Or is it Romulan brand paint stripper?"

She found a seat to sink into and let herself laugh a bit, her tail curled near her thigh and twitching about as her throat cooled.
"It's nice to be able to talk to you again. It's been forever and so much has happened. How have you been doing?"

Reply #13
He laughed at her comment, comparing the ale to paint removing chemicals. "I wouldn't be surprised if the two were one in the same."  he said  looking over to her as he leaned back.  "No joke i can't say I have enjoyied not being able to talk to you but to be truthful i didn't know how much space you needed after, you know, what we went through during the attempted coup."  He smiled softly, "still ive ben kept busy since then.  Prepping the squad for the opal mission, making the most out of hat little armaments we had left in the bay and still having decently armed ships for the mission all while dealing with a bay thats seen many better days.  Can't say this week has been anything but stressful.  I imagine work in security hasn't been any easier though."

Reply #14
She paused to let herself think about the coup for a moment. she felt herself hover over the topic, lightly skimming the thoughts instead of delving deep into her memories. Her smile weakened and she gave a little half shrug.
"I could think of ways it could be worse. It keeps a girl busy, I guess. The Black Opal was fun. In a way. It gave us something to prepare for. Now we're just waiting for the next big thing and it's like sitting on needles." She sighed and leaned back in her chair.
"That's the thing. It's not like it's been difficult, I wish we could do something. Jump into action and shoot some guys. Or kick down a door. Anything except sitting on my tail and doing nothing.

"I'm wondering if I should quit." She leaned forward, "Switch departments or something. What do you think?"

Reply #15
He sighed, "Well if it makes you eel any better the next big mission in the pipeline is that attempt to take an Ornal class starbase in order to try and get the word out.  I imagine that you guys in sec should be busy again prepping for taking an even bigger base."  He paused hearing her statement about quitting.  "Well if you quit then you will just gonna be sitting on your tail even more.   Speaking of which you don't need to keep stuffing it down your pant's legs.  You do realize there are Catians in Starfleet and there's a standard replicator program to alter any uniform pants into ones with an adequate tail slit for various species such as theirs and mine.

He shrugged looking around.  "Well I can think of a few options. For one, Goldeneye noticed that some of us are lacking a bit in ground combat aptitude and dealing with situations more on the scope of the security division.  She suggested that the squadron be put in for security training remediation so in when we have missions with a ground combat element we will be better trained and better prepared physically and psychologically.  In essence I am looking for a security officer to act as a drill sergeant to put the squad through ground combat ops boot camp."

He paused, "So, after everything that happened, how are you feeling now.  I cant help but feel like we have been sort of avoiding each other since then."  he said "I mean I thought we had something fun going on before but yea.  After what we both had to deal with I cant help but think there's something awkward about even being in the same room together."

Reply #16
She thought about the starbase for a moment, really thought about it, and found maybe she felt like she was looking forward to it. Even if it would be a while still, it was something to look forward to. Who even knew if sending messages through space would work, though. In space, no one hears you scream. Her thought halted when he mentioned her tail, which flicked and plopped against the seat when mentioned.
"I keep it there for a reason, you know. It gets cold easy." She shrugged. It was a pretty weak answer, even if it was true.

She couldn't answer when he suggested that they needed a drill sergeant. It didn't even cross her mind that she was competent enough, disciplined enough to be a drill sergeant, and if Miles was looking for one, he could probably find plenty by walking around the ship hallways. The thought of drill sergeants left her mind as quickly as it came, and she moved onto more important thoughts. Like how things really did feel awkward. Like they were different people.

She let a silence settle between them while she collected her thoughts.
"...Yeah. We had something going, but then I guess we both got pretty messed up back there. I, uh, I'm sorry if I'm making it weird." She took a deep breath and slumped in her chair. The, she glanced up at him, with maybe some hope in her eyes... "...Were you hoping to get that 'something' back?"

Reply #17
He looked back to her, "We got messed up, Yea that s anice way of putting it, I still don't know where my mind went when i was fighting... I think i may have went a bit insane, all i have are flashes of pure anger and a want to get revenge on him for what he did.  not just to me but the threats to you and what he did to Acreth.  As for the Klingon I think its fortunate I was holding a phaser with a stun setting and the calamity had arrived.  I Imagine his life was spared only because I knew I had a fighter that I had to get to."  He paused a moment.  "I do but...I don't even know if you want that 'something' back.  After what he did to you, I don't even know if you want to be close to a male."

Reply #18
She remained quiet as Miles spoke. The more he continued on the topic, the more empty and far away her expression appeared. The mention of Zaraq especially drained her face of color. Her tail lay inert, her face went a little white. She began speaking before Miles finished the word 'male',
"That doesn't matter. I wasn't even aware for it. Nothing really happened." Her voice didn't sound as certain as her word choice suggested. "I'm not a big baby and I'm not going to sit here and cry and push everyone away just because bad stuff happened. I'm going to live my life like normal."

Reply #19
He looked back into her eyes and softly smiled.   he reached across the table and gently took her hand into his and just held it for a moment.  "Its hard for me to admit something like this," he said thinking to how his people rarely formed romantic bonds like this, especially with fellow military officers given the high risk of loss during the course of battle.  To his people to admit to wanting to have a romance that went beoynd the physical act of recreational sex would be admitting to some strange fetish.   still he knew how he felt about her, their connection was more than just their shared intimacy, it was a bond unlike anything he had felt before, it wasnt a want to have children with the assurian but a want to just be close to her, not particularly a want for monogamy from either of them but a want for their relationship to continue.  a want to hold her close and do more than just wrecklessly mate.  He wanted to see her, to just be near her, it was like a magnetic pull to just want to spend time together.

He knew she would have other relationships as would he, He knew there was always the risk neither of them woudl come back each time they had a mission  he was prepared to deal with that.  They were fellow soldiers in a war.  But, for some unknown reason to him he didn't want to loose her companionship or company.  He looked up into her eyes and softly said to her, "I don't know what we had before.  Whether to you it was just sex or something more,  I dont know how to define what it was to me really, But I want it back."

Reply #20
She sat still, her hand folded in his. She felt his warmth seep into her relatively chilly hand and felt it warm back up. She wished that, just for a moment, his words could provide warmth in her heart too. She could remember the way she used to feel, but she couldn't bring herself to feel it all over again. Still, she understood this; This was a great admission on Miles's part. He wasn't just saying nice things to make her feel better, or playing with her heart or anything like that. This was important, and she shouldn't just be sitting around feeling empty. Miles didn't deserve that. She couldn't imagine a life where she was all alone, without him somewhere in her life.

After sitting for a long time, staring at his hand as he spoke, she picked her head up and smiled as their eyes met.
"I'm not sure if I'm.." ...ready? ...sure? ...alright? "I'm not sure if I'm whole. If that makes sense." She added the last bit quickly, "But if you're alright with...with...with damaged goods," she choked out the words--don't think about it, don't think about what you're saying, what you mean-- but by her next sentence, she had more control over her voice...

"Well, then I wouldn't be opposed. I'd...I'd like to at least try to bring back what we had, I mean."

Reply #21
Hearing her words he gently wrapped his arms around her as his tail unfurled and it did the same wrapping around her midsection bringing her close to him as he just softly held her.  "You're no more damaged than I am."  he said softly reminding her that he had been forced to endure his own degradation. "Please, just don't let me do anything that makes you uncomfortable."  he said knowing he was likely much less unsure of his own wants than it sounded like she was.

Reply #22
She allowed him to hug. Her tail flicked up against his a few times. She had a hard time imagining Miles as broken, he seemed so put together. She took a deep breath and let it go.
"The same goes for you. I'm not going to have you freaking out because the big scary security officer spooked you." Said the clearly not-big and probably not-scary officer. "We'll make it work out then."

Reply #23
He nodded, "No definitely not big,"  he said. smiling as he enjoyed being close to her again the simple the simple closeness far from the usual desire he would like from a companion, but with her...with her it seemed to be something that felt more important to him than the pleasures they shared.  "but don't sell yourself short in the scary department."  You had more than a small advantage against me when we sparred after all and frankly I had to try everything I could short of lethal measures just to not be killed by you when we were in that cell together."

He purposefully left out her being taken advantage of by Zaraq though he knew he likely would have been ripped to shreds by her bare hands had she not worn herself out trying to attack him moments before.  IN a certain way he kind of blamed himself for her momentary weakness knowing that they had used him as a means to soften her up so they could do as they wished with her.  still what he had done was an act of survival and survival alone.  sh had been placed in a state of flashback to her past by the mind meld and if he had not fought back in some way he would have been dead in that cell himself.

Slowly he ran his hand down her back gently caressing where her scales lay under the cloth.  If he wanted him to stop he would listen but he desired her still, wanted to be with her fully again and if she were willing he would take his time and try and give her the intense passion they shared days before.  Having a bit of an idea he pondered.  'Perhaps it would be cathartic for her to have a "victum" of her own to use as she wanted?'  knowing somewere dep in his mind he had secretly enjoyied some of the "stimuli" he had received while being raped by the harbinger pilot.  That same par o his mind caused him to glance at her tail and begin to imagine how good it would feel invading and exploring and ramming roughly into his every inner passage while a lover used him for whatever desires she wanted to fulfill of her own.

IN a strange way while it was clear she had been traumatized as a victum in a strange way he had been awaken to a new kind of pleasure he could potentially enjoy.  Perhaps in a weird way he had snapped from the abuse but he couldn't help but see in her strength something he had never desired before  he still felt no attaction towards the male figure but something about that tail made him know he wanted nothing more than to have a phallus spread him apart and make him into a willing slut to whatever she might want.

Reply #24
She leaned on him, absorbing all his warmth the best he could. She savored that 'scary' compliment, though she couldn't place why. Knowing she was, well maybe not scary, but a lot to handle when she wanted to be--well, that made her chest feel a little like puffing out. She had power. Those people that meant to hurt her couldn't stand in her way even if they wanted to.

She felt his hand down her back, touching her scales. She felt something unnerving settle in her stomach, like a dark inky cloud of dread. Somehow though, she found strength to chase it off, this time. She was strong, like Miles had said. She could visualize herself holding that darkness in her hands, choking it out. Fighting it off. Feeling like herself again.

She leaned into his touch, she noticed he seemed to be fixating on her tail, which flicked gently by her leg while the silence between them simmered.
"You look like you have something on your mind." She smiled, then wrapped an arm over his shoulder. "Something other than the obvious. Were you thinking about trying something new? Oh, wait, it's my tail, isn't it? It's just so pretty. I used polish on the scales. Gives it a nice smooth sheen, smells like flowers too. Wanna see?" She rearranged herself and maneuvered  her tail over to him. It curled in his lap. Her scales really were smooth, just as she said. In the back of her mind, she realized maybe Miles doesn't know that Asurian tails are sensitive, and maybe she should have explained what she meant by plopping her tail right in his lap and asking him to investigate it.

Simple Audio Video Embedder