Skip to main content
Topic: Day 20 [2100 hrs.] Sibling States Of Mind (Read 2304 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 20 [2100 hrs.] Sibling States Of Mind

Lieutenant J.G Salem Martin  | Spearhead Lounge | Deck 14 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Kinvarus
[Show/Hide]

It had been a few weeks of settling in on the ship and while Salem had finally gotten his medication sorted out as well as a few therapy sessions under his belt, he'd mostly been focused on work. As one of the Assistant Chief Tactical Officer's he had spent a lot of his time helping to fix their tactical systems, after all he was far more comfortable heading into a fight with systems he knew were working perfectly, and what better way to know that than by helping to fix them himself.

It had meant however that he hadn't seen his sister much either. As he took a sip of his drink, he couldn't help but chuckle. After all the years they had been separated, now there were on the same ship and still couldn't get time to spend together. To be fair she was the Chief Science Officer and had been even busier than he'd been. He'd heard talk about some of the things the Science Department had been up to and as one of the heads of Tactical he knew his own share of what running a department was like, yet alone one as busy and until recently under supplied as the Science Department was, Salem didn't envy his sister having to manage and micromanage that mess.

Tonight would be the first time they had managed to be off duty at the same time in order to spend time together and had agreed to meet in the Spearhead to catch up. Evidently Salem had arrived first and had picked a table in the corner, ordering a drink for himself as he waited. He knew Vivian wouldn't mind and while he was going to order a drink for her, he realised that over the years they had been apart he didn't know if she still liked the same drinks or not...well besides coffee that is, that was one beverage he doubted his sister would never stop enjoying.  The thought brought another chuckle as he imagined what a life with a non caffeine fuelled Vivian would be like as he waited.

Re: Day 20 [2100 Hours] Sibling States Of Mind

Reply #1
Lt. Cmdr Vivian Martin | Spearhead Lounge | Deck 14 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ]   Attn: @Irvun
[Show/Hide]

It had been another long day and Vivian was feeling it in every part of her body based on all the aches and pains she felt in her joints, not to mention the exhaustion. Still she wasn’t calling it a night just yet. Tonight, was the first time in…well she couldn’t remember how many days or even weeks it had been since she had spoken to Salem, or even seen him really.

The irony wasn’t lost on her that they had been separated for so long only to be brought back together again and still not been able to spend much time together on the same ship. She had been busy trying to have all her people working even with half the labs still being fixed after they were wrecked during their latest battles. It wasn’t easy and that wasn’t including her own scientific work, having to attend all the Senior Officer meetings, reading reports on her teams work etc. She also knew that Salem had been busy helping get the tactical systems fixed so now was genuinely the first time they’d both been free at the same time to get together and she was looking forward to it.

Heading into the lounge, she looked around the room and spotted her brother sat in the corner of the room. Smiling at him as she walked over, she took a seat opposite him “Salem! It’s been far too long, I’m sorry about that it’s been pretty hectic, it’s good to see you finally. How have you been?”

Reply #2
Lieutenant J.G Salem Martin  | Spearhead Lounge | Deck 14 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Kinvarus
[Show/Hide]

He spotted Vivian walk into the lounge and spot him, making her way over towards him and passing several other patrons as she went. As she did, he couldn't help but notice several men and woman from the crew eyeing her up, not that he was surprised. Vivian was a beautiful woman and one that always got some attention, even though she didn't always pay it much attention or perhaps she simply didn't notice the attention that she got wherever she went?

Smiling as his twin joined him he shook his head and motioned with his hand for her to join him. "No need to apologise Vivi, it's been pretty busy on my end too. Although I suspect it's been even busier for you than it has been for me. How's things?" he asked as she sat down.

"I hope you don't mind but I only ordered for myself. I would have but it occured to me that it's been quite a while and I'm not entirely sure that you still like the same drinks...well besides coffee of course." he smirked before shaking his head. “There’s a lot of things I realise I don’t know about you nowadays…” he added sadly.

Time and assignments had separated them for far too long, which was rather sad considering how close the two had always used to be. Still they had time to make up for that now that they were both serving on the same ship. Well assuming they both survived that is before shaking his head to banish those thoughts before they started.

Re: Day 20 [2100 hrs.] Sibling States Of Mind

Reply #3
Lt. Cmdr Vivian Martin | Spearhead Lounge | Deck 14 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ]   Attn: @Irvun
[Show/Hide]

Vivian smirked "Busy." she replied "Between juggling my teams, hounding the engineering department to get the rest of the science labs up and running to all the research we need to do on these parasites and everything else I've been run ragged but that's the life of a senior officer I guess, we all have our things we need to do so I can't complain." she said "How about you? What's new in your corner of the ship?" 

When Salem said that hadn't ordered for her it was understandable, especially considering the fact they had been seperated for so long, although admittedly her tastes hadn't changed so much. She chose to ignore the coffee comment thought, that was pretty much a given nowadays. "My tastes haven't changed much, although it was probably a good idea not to get me a coffee, I'd probably jump to warp if I had another cup." she grinned although she nodded sadly at his statement that there were a lot of things he didn't know about her now "Yeah. I can say the same about you." she replied sadly before smiling again "But we've got time to change that now at least."

Before they could say anything else, one of the waiters came over to their table "Greetings Commander, what can I get you?" he asked. [color-DarkCyan]"A Sumerian Sunset please."[/color] she answered with a smile. "A wise choice, I'll get that for you right now Commander, shouldn't be too long."

Thanking the waiter she turned her attention back to Salem and wondered for a minute what to say and then decided it was better to just catch him up on what she'd been doing, telling him about her time being captured down on Aldea and their escape as well as her most recent expedition to that facility in the northern region of Aldea. "So yeah also been doing that as well, fun times." she grinned, although she imagined he wouldn't be too happy about the whole being captured thing nor that he hadn't been told about it, still what had happened had happened.

Luckily the waiter returned with her drink, which she took and thanked him for before taking a sip. Delicious as always. "I uh I've also started seeing one of the ships counsellors. I have some issues I need to sort out and it uh I mean I didn't realise until recently how much I needed to do that." she said softly.

Reply #4
[Show/Hide]

Salem nodded he had his fair share of projects at the moment as well. Vivian ran an entire department he didn't want to know what that kind of stress would be like on his body as he sipped on his drink for a moment thinking about what she would find interesting among his projects. "The head of weapons maintenance on the fighters wants to try and retool some of the consoles with Aldean thought sensitive computers, as well as try to upgrade the entire ship with a cloaking device that would allow us to fire torpedoes. I am aware of it being done before, but I find the Gorn's claims a little dubious. We have had only one meeting so far."

"I've been keeping busy with work. I haven't actually taken any shore leave or done any big adventures down on the world yet. The weapons systems were badly damaged after the fight with the borg. There is plenty to do in my work time, and in my off time I just try to keep to a schedule." Compared to her life his sounded down right boring but he kinda preferred that. He felt way more safe on the ship serving under Federation flags, for him work was off time.

She mentioned the ships councilor and he nodded for a moment. "I saw one as well, he was suggesting I do some group therapy for people with simular struggles from the dominion war, I'm honestly not even sure if there are any others, but perhaps it will just become a PTSD group, either way, I'm unsure if group therapy is the way I want to go. I don't want to air out that much laundry at once."

The idea of group therapy was a little uncomfortable he didn't know how well he would do in a group setting though he wasn't against trying it. "I am glad that you are starting to take care of yourself a little more though. You always seem to look a little tired."

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder