Skip to main content
Topic: Award Poll: The Writer's Heart 2019 (Read 3941 times) previous topic - next topic

Award Poll: The Writer's Heart 2019

Awarded to a writer who through real-life crisis keep current with plot despite an overwhelming level of events occurring or mounting obligations. The player may be only able to post at a minimum level for up to three months, but their contribution is consistent and focused.

The poll will run for 3 days, in which those who cast their vote should take a few minutes to read the linked scenes first. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Writer's Heart Award. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on your own scene.

Here are the nominations, with more information on the nominated writers & threads:

NOMINATION 01: ARISTA, TREVORVW & LISAVW

Forum Name of Nominee: @Arista @lisavw & @trevorvw 
Reason for Nomination: For writing during a time of new parenthood
Motivation & Links (by nominator):
Trevorvw, Lisavw and Arista all continued their writing with the sim while simultaneously caring for a newborn child. While I know this is in no way a sickness or real-life crisis, it is a major event that greatly impacts the time one has for other endeavours, such as writing in the sim, and I think that these writers ought to be recognized for their continued contributions to the sim despite the added responsibility (and lack of sleep) that comes with caring for a tiny Human. (This would only count as two nominations, technically. Trevorvw and Lisavw should be nominated together, since they are both caring for the same Tiny Human. Also, their Tiny Human is fucking adorable... Just sayin'...)

NOMINATION 02: NUMEN

Forum Name of Nominee: @Numen
Reason for Nomination: For writing through two Inktobers
Numen I'd like to nominate for the fact that she has continued writing consistently through the last 2 Inktobers, where she not only keeps up with her usual artwork commissions during the month of October, but takes on the added workload of producing a piece of artwork a day for the entire month. Despite what I can only imagine being an incredibly stressful workload that comes with this undertaking, Numen keeps up with her posting and character development, and continues to be an asset to the sim.

NOMINATION 03: STEGRO88, AUCTOR LUCAN & BZ

Forum Name of Nominee: @Stegro88 @Auctor Lucan @BZ
Reason for Nomination: For writing despite switching homes
One of the most stressful situations in which you can engage is a change of residence. If this fact has combined with a job and children, it is a genuine nightmare. These three writers have gone through this drama, survived the trial and have never left us alone, in fact they have continued to contribute to the SIM in an exemplary and regular manner. Although each of these theurgists lives in a different corner of the world I think they should be rewarded as a whole, not only for their effort to keep the pace as much as they can, but because they have reported their problems in an efficient way so that their fellow writers have known at every moment when they should have had slowdowns and when they have been able to return to their usual rhythms.

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder