Star Trek: Theurgy

Out-of-Character Message Boards => Main OOC Board => Topic started by: Auctor Lucan on April 11, 2018, 11:45:27 AM

Title: Plot Discussion | EP05 True Nature
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 11, 2018, 11:45:27 AM
PLOT DISCUSSION FOR EPISODE 05, CHAPTER "TRUE NATURE"

This chapter opens up for a lot of opportunities in characterisation, and also, a situation where the abducted has to find a way to escape. That's not all though, there are critical things to bring with them if they are to get off the immense Savi ship. On the Versant, these are the things that are of interest (some characters might prioritise some more than others):

Here are the characters aboard the Versant, and what has happened to them:

The current time of the thread (after those 48 hours of Correction) is around 2100 hrs. on Day 05, unless otherwise stated in Supplementary threads, which can take place at any point during the time aboard the Versant.

All Theurgy crewmembers that were slated for Correction needs to wake up in Containment Cells next, and you may depict them discovering their own bodies having been changed (Brutus, Hastata-Nerada, Masorin, and I need to post this!). They will have no idea about 48 hours having passed, but once we have have all posted, I will have the Savi speak to them all and set things up further in the process. Please see top post for details on the Containment Cells.

All Endeavour crewmembers have been contained for 48 more hours in their cells, but since the Savi have found their health deteriorating, the decision has been made that they will be given more freedom of movement in wait for further surgeries and the memory engram treatment that they are due for. Therefore, they are beamed into to an Observation Pen in your upcoming posts (Patches, Fife & Yasyra Trill), where they - in their gowns - are able to meet and speak. The Observation Pens are larger areas that specimen are kept in, and they also function as holodecks. To begin with, there is no holo program running, so they merely meet between four bare walls.

The Theurgy crewmembers will be joining the Endeavour crew in the Pen shortly, but in the meantime, the Pen is filled with a handful of other NPCs from the Endeavour (you all have creative license there). Naturally, it will be hard for everyone to recognise each other, even if they were friends on the Endeavour. It is in from the Observation Pen that the escape might be planned between the characters of the two ships!

All specimens in the biolabs will have Supplementary threads set up, where starters will be posted by the writers of said characters. Details for these starters are sorted out OOC with the GM as required.

Here are some random ideas that have come up in the process!

THIS THREAD IS NOW OPEN FOR ADDED IDEAS AND QUESTIONS FOR EVERYONE!
Title: Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 CH02 The Versant
Post by: Numen on April 11, 2018, 12:53:29 PM
It is still quite early given that the scene in which I participate is in the beginning stages, but since all the Andorians are in a "reproductive" experiment and I've confidence that the Versant is organized as a laboratory or hospital it would be logical that the andorians could found (either escaping or after the respective experiments in the observation pen) with the Ovri. Something like being in the maternity unit' waiting room of a health center. In the same way, some of the Andorians could locate Hylota's egg in this area, or hear something about its whereabouts.

Just throwing ideas into the forum :)
Post by: Absinthe on April 11, 2018, 01:31:53 PM
Well, I got the starter up for Lahkesis. I hope it is as confusing as people were expecting from me. Boy what a mess. My poor poor plant girl.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 11, 2018, 10:33:25 PM
Ohh, that’s an excellent idea Numen! Perfectly plausible and I am sure we can work with that. Right. @Zenozine ? :)

Awesome post, Absinthe! I will be replying as soon as I can, I just need to juggle a few ideas of my own pertaining to that scene.

@Fife @YasyraTrill and @patches , are you comfortable with introducting the larger kind of Observation Pen in your upcoming posts? You have creative licenses, of course, not just in regard to the handful of NPCs you may find there from the Endeavour that has also been Corrected. I imagine the large room to just be a barren, sterile area to begin with, before the Savi activate the holo emitters. I have a few ideas for that, but as or your characters being transported inside there, I look forward to your posts!

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Zenozine on April 11, 2018, 11:36:39 PM
@Numen  that would actually be a good choice for how to pick up Hylota, seeing as she will be on her own while Vinata will be paired up with O'Riley.

As for the egg, I feel that it should be the subject of a certain level of fascination, perhaps a low level project that then was taken by a higher up researcher, it could perhaps be Savi gossip about how the project is not being corrected and instead studied.
Post by: Fife on April 12, 2018, 06:19:22 PM
I think @YasyraTrill  @patches and I can get the Observation Pen started easily enough. Anyone have any thoughts on how many NPCs should be present in the Obs Pen? If they're other Endeavour survivors then odds are we'd know at least some of them, though as AL had mentioned before, it would be difficult to recognize them initially following the Corrections.
Post by: Masorin on April 14, 2018, 04:30:12 AM
This is going to sound like a very weird request but I swear it does have a point going forward. @Auctor Lucan

I would like to have Jack play a word game with a member of the Savi. (I'm kind of addicted to these at the moment.) I have ideas for the game, and it's important that it happens for an idea later down the line. My thought process is that if Jack looses the game he freely and willingly subjects himself to whatever invasive test the savi have in mind for him, if he wins than my request would be a sample of Savi writting to study like a text book written in whatever constitutes as their native language.

My idea is that since the containment cells are guarded he could talk the guard outside his door into playing the game, an idea I'm pretty sure is foriegn to the Savi, this would give us a very good chance to look at a bit of their culture (or rather lack there of) as well as aid with something that I am plotting for later down the line. All he needs to do is trick the guard into playing a game.

If someone wants to NPC the Savi guard that is fine too if Auctor has no desire to do so, but I promise this is not some idle fantasy or a waist of time. I has plot reasons for this.

The rules of the game will be disclosed in PM's.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 14, 2018, 03:17:57 PM
I like the idea overall! The idea falls on the premise that what Hi'Jak is offering is already theirs for their taking, should they be interested. He would be trying to barter with something they already have, so perhaps a close alternative that is more interesting? What about offering to preform some kind of task for them willingly?

There are actually no guards in the sense you describe, since the Containment Cells are secure enough. There are armed teams on the ship sure, but a challenge posed to to the xenobiologist that is overseeing Hi'Jak's correction could work in the same way, since that Savi is making the rounds quite often.

Hi'Jak could offer the challenge and suggest his terms, to get a piece of their writing to study, but the Savi would offer the counter-terms. That if the Savi wins, then Hi'Jak is to voluntarily "initiate coitus" with another specimen in the biolabs, against the specimen's will or not. This could tie into the thread discussed the other day.

If Hi'Jak would win, he'd have Savi script projected on the wall inside his cell, since they would never give him any datapad of some kind. They are too intelligent for that.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: steelphoenix on April 21, 2018, 06:45:15 PM
I'm just posting this here because I think some players may have gotten lost between the supplementals for chapter 2 as there are still a few missing posters for the main chapter:

Chapter 2 MAIN
Began with
   @Hastata-Nerada  (Khorin)
   @Masorin  (Isley and Hi'Jak (Specimen 706))
   @SummerDawn  (K'Ren)
   @Auctor Lucan  (Devyrie Okhala)
   @steelphoenix  (Deacon)
   @Brutus  (Sarresh (Specimen 906))
   @patches   (R'Rori)
   @YasyraTrill l (Laurel Okhala)
   @Fife  (Cross)
   @Absinthe  (Laukhesis (Specimen 229))
   @Triage  (Heather (Specimen 717) and Sinead)
   @Zenozine  (Hylota and Vinata)
   @Blue Zephyr  (Blue Tiran)

SUPPLEMENTALS
Chapter 02: Supplemental [ Day 05 | 2020 hrs. ] Human Determination & Ingenuity
   @Blue Zephyr (Blue Tiran)
   @Auctor Lucan (Devyrie Okhala)

Chapter 02: Supplemental [ Day 03 | 2100 hrs. ] In Broad Daylight
   @Triage (Heather (Specimen 717))

Chapter 02: Supplemental [ Day 5 | 2100 hrs. ] Entering Manhood
   @Zenozine (Hylota)
   @Auctor Lucan (Devyrie Okhala)

Chapter 02: Supplemental [ Day 5 | 2100 hrs. ] The Fairer Sex
   @Zenozine (Vinata)
   @Masorin (Hi'Jak (Specimen 706))

Chapter 02: Supplemental | Sordid Phytosociology
   @Absinthe (Laukhesis (Specimen 229))

Chapter 02: Supplemental | Patrotic Dignity
   @chXinya (Irnashall "Shall" ch'Xinya)
   @Numen (Khelleshar sh'Zenne)
   @Even Angels Cry (Sehl "Talon" th'Chilnes )
   @Auctor Lucan (ThanIda zh'Wann)

------------------------------------------

Remaining in MAIN on Day 5, 2100 hours:
   <posted to observation pen>
   @Hastata-Nerada (Khorin)
   @SummerDawn (K'Ren)
   @steelphoenix (Deacon)
   @patches  (R'Rori)
   @Fife (Cross)

<status unknown>
   @Masorin (Isley)
   @Brutus (Sarresh (Specimen 906))
   @YasyraTrill (Laurel Okhala)
   @Triage (Sinead)

Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 21, 2018, 07:23:47 PM
Thank you so much Steelphoenix!! :)

Hope everyone can make some time for posting soon! I have a lot in store for this Chapter but I can't wait indefinitely before furthering events. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Auctor Lucan on April 25, 2018, 01:05:39 PM
New development posted for those that have ended up in the Observation Pen!

Chapter 02: The Versant [ Day 03 | 2100 hrs. ] (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg15744.html#msg15744)

Hope you like the setting for your rebellion. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: CanadianVet on April 26, 2018, 02:46:30 AM
I was just thinking - you all may get your jokes about that being a dangerous pastime out of your system, thank you  :p - Thea is on the Versant.  Whether she likes it or not, she is an AI that was optimized for a ship with a very heavy tactical role (note, didn't call her a warship) and she has been exposed to Trent's cyberwarfare and EW stuff, and the Savi's cyberwarfare suite...

I think we might have a (virtual) woman on the inside...
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 07, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
1 HOUR LATER IN THE OBSERVATION PEN

With my recent post with Devyrie Okhala, we move the hands of time forward 1 hour!

One hour should be enough for everyone to have settled into the Enteprise, new locations available as you all see fit. Everyone should take this opportunity to write their characters together with the characters on the Enterprise, but I will not have any opportunity to NPC them all, so work together with other writers if you need to! Also, a reminder about the mission objectives, and how you should try to have Endeavour and Theurgy crewmembers commingle and plot escape together.

Personally, my hope is that @YasyraTrill now post next, where she can both find her lost sister, and start up a scene wherever would suit best, be it sickbay, some quarters or whatever.

Posting order is free! But everyone in the Observation Pen should at least post once within the next 7 days!
Post by: Numen on May 07, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
Well! As i've written, Khorin will head up the armory, and then he'll check again any crewman who seems angry enough and ready to began a mutiny in the purest Klingon style. He has put his eyes on @YasyraTrill just for being a Romulan, but anyone who wants a scene in the armory or join the riot incomming is welcome.

BTW so OOC for Khorin, but maybe and interview with picard, telling him what is happening and why could end with a holo-ally ;)
Post by: Masorin on May 08, 2018, 06:01:52 AM
just a thought but with the apperance of Obrian it looks like the Savi don't really know the crew of the enterprise all that well, so I had some neat ideas for ways that the crew could be a little off.

1. Dr Wesley Crusher, and his annoying super smart daughter Beverly. We have a group going to sickbay, how funny would it be to take aged up will wheaton put him as the smart capable doctor, and make Beverly his bratty daughter subverting the usual "shut up Wesley."

2. Rascals Picard (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AOXM61MHPBM/VQDgd1ip5II/AAAAAAAAdhs/IPLFXO6cMj0/s1600/rascals361.jpg) Rascles is probably one of my favorite episodes of star trek. Since it seems a lot of the Savi records are incomplete what if they never figured out Picard was returned to his adult form and so we have the assistance of one of the most legendary captains, in the least useful forms.

3. Lt Uhura, By the time of the enterprise D. The Federation had done away with communication officers, the job is litterally done by computers now, but the Savi still think that the Federation is technologically inept so why not put the communications officer from another enterprise onto the enterprise? it seems like it could either be clerical error, or otherwise but it would be kind of funny to see a woman displaced by time in a role that doesn't exist anymore.

those are my top 3, but I am trying to come up with more, what do people think @Auctor Lucan ?
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 08, 2018, 08:11:59 AM
1. Dr Wesley Crusher, and his annoying super smart daughter Beverly. We have a group going to sickbay, how funny would it be to take aged up will wheaton put him as the smart capable doctor, and make Beverly his bratty daughter subverting the usual "shut up Wesley."

The Savi might have missed details, but this is over the top. :)

2. Rascals Picard (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AOXM61MHPBM/VQDgd1ip5II/AAAAAAAAdhs/IPLFXO6cMj0/s1600/rascals361.jpg) Rascles is probably one of my favorite episodes of star trek. Since it seems a lot of the Savi records are incomplete what if they never figured out Picard was returned to his adult form and so we have the assistance of one of the most legendary captains, in the least useful forms.

Waaaay over the top. They wouldn't do such an error. You give them too little credit. ;)

3. Lt Uhura, By the time of the enterprise D. The Federation had done away with communication officers, the job is litterally done by computers now, but the Savi still think that the Federation is technologically inept so why not put the communications officer from another enterprise onto the enterprise? it seems like it could either be clerical error, or otherwise but it would be kind of funny to see a woman displaced by time in a role that doesn't exist anymore.

They wouldn't get the age that wrong, though, so she'd be grey, but sure, have grandma Uhura on the bridge! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Fife on May 10, 2018, 02:38:40 AM
Hey! So I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for our escape plan inside the holodeck? Because as far as I can tell we're stuck waiting for Blue to bust our genetically-altered asses out of there!
Post by: Triage on May 10, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Sinead is about to show up, and she might have a few theoretical solutions, as she worked very extensively with holodecks, and she enjoyed tinkering with holodecks and their programs. She's about to have severe manic depression though, so she might try to solve things on her own or request everyone to kill her the first sign it appears that she's about to go nuts and attack everyone.
Post by: Fife on May 10, 2018, 11:46:24 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if anyone tried to kill Sinead wouldn't they likely come to the same end as the very unfortunate Risian woman?
Post by: Triage on May 11, 2018, 02:00:43 AM
Oh I don't know...you'd have to try your luck. It's like gambling, with a room full of ravenous tigers, and your opponent was the devil himself, who has a vested interest in your soul...

on the plus side, Sinead's mentally and physically exhausted...even if the kill chip activates, she's running on fumes...
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 18, 2018, 08:16:31 PM
New development posted in the main Chapter 02 thread! :)

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg16187.html#msg16187

Hope you like and can work with it! Please, PM questions or ask them here.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Fife on May 18, 2018, 08:48:23 PM
Great post @Auctor Lucan! Just one question. Was Nerina corrected to Human or Klingon? (I'm assuming she was corrected like the rest of us.)
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 18, 2018, 09:03:59 PM
Human! Seemed I switched out "Human" for "Woman" in one sentence without meaning to. I'll correct for clarity, thanks! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 29, 2018, 04:37:58 PM
New development in Chapter 02: The Versant! :)

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg16425.html#msg16425

Hope you like how things are going, and if you have additional ideas, either post here or directly In-Character with the one you've got present in Ten Forward.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: SummerDawn on May 31, 2018, 05:32:43 AM
I just threw out a positioning shot for K'Ren in the lounge. Wasn't sure what she could contribute directly but if anybody wants her help, feel free to tag me and I'll jump in.
Post by: Brutus on June 05, 2018, 01:12:12 AM

They wouldn't get the age that wrong, though, so she'd be grey, but sure, have grandma Uhura on the bridge! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

OMG yes please pleeeaaase lets have grandma Uhura as the comm officer.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on June 10, 2018, 05:10:36 PM
New development in Chapter 02: The Versant! :) @Numen @steelphoenix @Fife @SummerDawn @Blue Zephyr @patches @Absinthe are those with characters in Ten Forward right?

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg16640.html#msg16640

Unless it was completely clear from Nerina's end, I will not be hand-holding through whatever development ahead in regard to disruption on the Enterprise. So, Nerina won't be tasking individuals to do this or that. This is all about your creative freedom to come up with something fitting for your characters, since not all of them are willing to risk getting Recycled.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Auctor Lucan on July 10, 2018, 12:57:26 AM
With the need for progress in this thread, where big plans await for the abductees on The Versant, all listed writers below has 7 days to post, depicting how the abductees storm Engineering on the Enterprise-E! :)

Here is the new development!

The Versant (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg17099.html#msg17099)

So! Again, 7 days response time begins today, where everyone in Cargo Hold 04 must end their post with their characters getting inside Engineering, preferably firing their phasers at the top of the warp core. This is your time to have your characters mow down any opposition, or merely follow in the wake of the combatants if they are not likely to use phasers at all even in this situation. Physical violence against the holograms is another option, of course, but the point is that they need to bring the program offline. Here are image references for Engineering on the Enterprise-E, where your next posts should end up: [Show/Hide]
The reason why I must push for this leap forward in progress is that we're at a standstill and must progress the story to this point now. Take the opportunity to have fun with this next action-filled post of yours! Oh, and the 30 minutes where people gather in the Cargo Hold is open for Supplementary threads, of course, just like any other scenes aboard the Enterprise/Versant up to this point. The naming convention for such threads belonging to Chapter 02 is still: Chapter 02: Supplemental [ Day XX | XXXX hrs. ] Insert Title.

Here are the characters present in Cargo Hold 04, and if there are significant reunions because of this, it should be handled in Supplemental threads or mid-action as they storm Engineering. If someone wish to have their characters elsewhere on the Enterprise, PM me, otherwise you are expected to post within 7 days. :) :

ABDUCTEES IN CARGO HOLD 04:

Nerina @Auctor Lucan
Lin Kae @Auctor Lucan
Zephyr Praise @Blue Zephyr
Khorin Douglas @Numen
Nathaniel Isley @Masorin
K'Ren @SummerDawn
Devyrie Okhala @Auctor Lucan
Deacon @steelphoenix
Hi'Jak @Masorin
Sarresh Morali @Brutus
R'Rori @patches
Laurel Okhala @YasyraTrill
Cross @Fife
Lahkesis Saugn @Absinthe 
Sinead O'Riley @Triage
Hylota Vojona @Zenozine
Vinata Vojona @Zenozine
ThanIda zh'Wann @Auctor Lucan
Kelleshar sh'Zenne @Numen
IrnaShall ch'Xinya @chXinya
Sehl th'Chilnes (NPC)
+ X number of other NPCs
Post by: Absinthe on July 11, 2018, 10:14:06 AM
Okay, so I am gonna move forward with the plot I had in mind for Lahkesis. Right now she is way to fucked up to be of much help to anyone in the main plot.

If anyone wants to go and get her I can adapt my plot idea easily enough.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on July 22, 2018, 03:53:34 AM
Ah, @Absinthe ! Seems like Lahkesis has been moved about some now. Check the ending of Chapter 02, and the new Chapter 06: Insurgency! :)

NEW CHAPTER, SPOILER ALERT!

That goes for everyone, actually. Chapter 02: The Versant has come to an end, so, after you have read the ending, you can check this new Chapter out.

Chapter 06: Insurgency (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2412.0.html)

Please note! Don't read this link above unless you have read the ending pf Chapter 02! :) Here is the link to the finishing post:

Chapter 02: The Versant (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2320.msg17306.html#msg17306)

Hope you all enjoy the development!

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Auctor Lucan on August 05, 2018, 11:07:55 AM
All right! New development in Insurgency! :)

Chapter 06: Insurgency (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2412.msg17529.html#msg17529)

In the maintenance bays, there are now 6 crates filled with packages. The individual packages are labelled with ranks and names, and they are black boxes containing the infiltration suits and the Starfleet rations. There are also three twinkies in each package, because Tiran mentioned her preference for them to Echtand. The boxes will, of course, be stored in alphabetical order. As for the black infiltration suits, they look identical to the ones the Savi wear (see the image of Echtand, but I might be able to post more images here in the Plot Discussion thread). The suits themselves don't have any features beyond masking sensors.

7 days response time begins now for all listed below! Here are the characters present in Blue Tiran's hideout in the Maintenance Bays, and if there are significant reunions because of this, it should be handled in Supplemental threads or mid-discussion in this thread. The naming convention for such threads belonging to Chapter 06 is: Chapter 06: Supplemental [ Day XX | XXXX hrs. ] Insert Title. Here goes:

ABDUCTEES BLUE TIRAN'S HIDEOUT:

Nerina @Auctor Lucan
Blue Tiran @Blue Zephyr
Lin Kae @Auctor Lucan
Zephyr Praise @Blue Zephyr
Khorin Douglas @Numen
Nathaniel Isley @Masorin
K'Ren @SummerDawn
Devyrie Okhala @Auctor Lucan
Deacon @steelphoenix
Hi'Jak @Masorin
Sarresh Morali @Brutus
R'Rori @patches
Laurel Okhala @YasyraTrill
Cross @Fife
Lahkesis Saugn @Absinthe 
Sinead O'Riley @Triage
Hylota Vojona @Zenozine
Vinata Vojona @Zenozine
ThanIda zh'Wann @Auctor Lucan
Kelleshar sh'Zenne @Numen
IrnaShall ch'Xinya @chXinya
Sehl th'Chilnes (NPC)
+ 35 number of other NPCs. They are 57 in total.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Title: Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 CH06 Insurgency
Post by: Auctor Lucan on August 06, 2018, 02:36:39 AM
As promised, here are images of the suits that the abductees have just been given. Not my best work, being quick pieces, but should serve nonetheless. :)

Sample 01: Devyrie Okhala
(https://orig00.deviantart.net/e733/f/2018/217/b/d/feamle_suit_01_by_auctor_lucan-dcjbi9b.png)

Sample 02: Commander Nerina
(https://orig00.deviantart.net/f5ff/f/2018/217/a/c/feamle_suit_03_by_auctor_lucan-dcjbi7y.png)

Sample 03: Xander Maryk / Deacon
(https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc03/f/2018/217/e/f/male_suit_by_auctor_lucan-dcjbi7c.png)

Hope these will do for a visual reference! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Post by: Brutus on August 06, 2018, 02:43:11 AM
Said as much on the chat, but them bitching, @Auctor Lucan
Post by: Auctor Lucan on September 08, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
A NEW CHAPTER HAS BEEN POSTED, POST YOUR PREFERENCES HERE!

All right the new chapter is up! The title might change (since I am in a hurry and I drew a blank), but here it is!

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2447.0.html

As you can see, it is now time to post here what your preference is in terms of which mission objective your character(s) should try to accomplish. I will, however, veto against everyone going to save Captain Ives, or Thea etc. We need an even distribution of characters across the objectives. If this can't be handled in an orderly fashion, I will pick where all characters should go.

@BZ posts next where she, obviously, gather people around, and Nerina will be there as well, whom I will write in the gathering.

You all have 3 days to post your preference, then I will have Nerina pick for you In-Character.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Title: Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 True Nature
Post by: Triage on September 08, 2018, 01:31:31 PM
Nice! Boss I would like to have a chance to rescue Ives with Sinead. She feels a responsibility to protecting the captain above everything else and thusly blames herself for not doing enough to keep Ives from being abducted.

She did spend many years as a security officer and she fought in the Dominion War, plus she's something of an assassin, so an assassination mission seems ideally suited for her.

Alternatively, if there's too many people clamoring and/or better suited to the task, Sinead, being good and fairly adept at photonics, holograms and transporter technology could be assigned to assist with securing and liberating Thea, or finding escape routes.

Do we each get a rifle and a hand held phaser or do we have to pick one?
Post by: CanadianVet on September 08, 2018, 01:35:37 PM
Black seed, eh?

Why do I think I know where the idea is from?
Post by: SummerDawn on September 08, 2018, 03:19:41 PM
I'm assuming the circled and/or underlined areas in the starter post are the places to chose?

Given that, I think K'Ren would volunteer to either head for the reaver shuttle (fighter pilot and all that) or assist in recovering the Ovri egg (some sort of possibly broken idea that she's redeeming her own loss by saving this egg)
Post by: Auctor Lucan on September 08, 2018, 04:23:58 PM
The circled areas with yellow text are the objectives. The underlined areas are only key areas which might come of interest later on. :)

I don't think I understand the comment about the seed or the relevance? It's on the Savi wiki page.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Masorin on September 08, 2018, 06:22:28 PM
I don't think this needs repeating cause I have mentioned it before, but Jack's plan was to go for the Omega Device. He has literally so many questions about that thing, and he has held it long enough to be able to recognize it at a glance.

I was originally gonna have Nathan sign up for the Ives rescue mission, his line of thinking under me was that he owed Ives a lot, but he is no longer my character so @Auctor Lucan  you do whatever you feel is best for the story there.

I also have some good news, while I wait for news on what is going on with my hands I found an over the counter cream that seems to help with joint pain a lot so I can now type freely.
Post by: Numen on September 08, 2018, 07:05:24 PM
Well, two characters around so my choices are:

- Khorin: he would be useful with the Semathal assasination / Ives rescue (klingon warrior as he is) or in the shuttle bay being a pilot. He'll volunteer for the heavier fight scenario if he can. If too much characters are in either mission, i left the choose on Nerina.

-Shar is more complicated, so i guess she will go where the rest of andorians (or where the Endeavour crew decided). Being ops, she will prefer a more subtle approach mission
Post by: patches on September 08, 2018, 08:11:17 PM
R'Rori will prefer whichever path has the least amount of violence, but failing that, probably just sticking with familiar faces like Blue.
Post by: Numen on September 08, 2018, 10:29:12 PM
I've been thinking... Maybe the optimal way to distribute the crew between mission could be:

- At least 1 engineer/ops officer in each time. Just in case the codes to open doors don't work or any technical problem arrive.

-  At least one security officer/fight expert in each group due protection reasons

- Mission specialist/interested in the mision (ex. the Ovri in the egg mission, Blue saving Albert, pilots with the shuttles, etc)

Once all those spots are filled, the rest of the character just could be equally distributed. :)

Indeed I've been thinking that Khorin has no idea about the Ovri egg issue, if i remember correctly but if any of @Zenozine characters ask for his help, he'll go with them :D
Post by: Brutus on September 10, 2018, 03:58:14 AM
Im not entirely sure how much Sarresh would know about the Omega device. If he hears that location, would it trigger something in his unconscious? So far he's stuck close to Jack out of convenience and vague familiarity. Its about all he has to go on with anyone there, or frankly back on his ship LOL.

Beyond that, the transwarp drive sounds like something he'd enjoy mucking up.
Post by: Fife on September 11, 2018, 06:31:50 PM
I think Cross will volunteer to accompany Blue to the Machine Lab.
Post by: Zenozine on September 11, 2018, 09:26:20 PM
I did put out a late reply at like 4am where I had Vinata announce the situation and ask that if the news came that the egg was aboard that people could volenteer, because he knew no matter what he and his sister would be going for the egg.
Post by: Auctor Lucan on September 16, 2018, 12:05:24 PM
Two more days to post in True Nature (https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2447.msg18269.html#msg18269 ). Here is the status so far:

IVES
Nathaniel Isley
Zephyr Praise
Kelleshar
Sinead
Deacon

THEA
Lin Kae
Blue Tiran
Cross
R'Rori

OVRI EGG
Nerina
Hylota
Vinata
Khorin
K'Ren

REAVER
Devyrie Okhala
Laurel Okhala
Mickayla MacGregor
Gideon Drake

OMEGA DEVICE
ThanIda zh'Wann
Irnashall ch'Xinya
Hi'Jak
Lahkesis Saugn
Sarresh Morali

So, @SummerDawn , @steelphoenix  , @Absinthe , @Brutus , @chXinya and @Masorin, make your pick within 2 days, and only an actual IC-post counts at this point. If there have been no post, I will have Nerina split the characters left between the objectives.

UPDATE: There is also the option to stay behind in the hideout, to protect or help those of the abductees that will stay put there, who are too unwell, unsettled or unable to aid in the mission objectives.

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Post by: Stegro88 on September 16, 2018, 01:05:55 PM
Mickayla has elected to accompany the sister's to collect the Reaver.
Post by: SummerDawn on September 21, 2018, 03:12:16 PM
K'Ren elects to go with the Ovri. That said, if there's need for more people on the Omega task, divert K'Ren in character and she'll go with the Omega crew.
Simple Audio Video Embedder