Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357944 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3950
Well, a lot of new faces and returning faces. Glad to see everyone, and welcome aboard.

Speaking of working from home - I'm on indefinite remote work for the foreseeable future. There has been a lot of up and down on the workload, including when the work is actually hitting. For a little while now, a large chunk of what I do was forbidden to be done between 8am and 8pm during the week. Which meant I was pulling 12 hour days, because the fucks still wanted me on calls during regular work hours. As you can imagine that didnt' sit to well.

Flash forward to this week.  I'm now allowed to do most of my work during regular work hours again. Turns out when i get pissed off people change their tune....even people with fancy ass titles like Executive Vice President.  So I'm kind of exhausted after getting that fixed. There's still some shit that has to wait until after hours. The point of this rambling/horn tooting is that my hours are a bit all over the place (though better than before!), and my posting might be impacted as well. At the moment I'm all caught up! And even plotting a thread or two to boot. But if I suddenly fuck off for a few days, y'all will know why.

Reply #3951
Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy to be here!

Reply #3952
Howdy Everyone,

I apologize for my lack of involvement in the discord and my current running threads over the past two weeks. Life has been....well it's been a dumpster fire to be honest. I'm about losing my mind.

Work is attempting to infect their employees every day. Despite being under a Shelter-in-place order, our store is allowing 225 (no that is not a joke or exaggeration) customers into the store at any one time. No that number does not include employees in any sense so tack on an extra 50-60 depending on the time of the day. There is no way to maintain social separation. The company also wants us to use gardening gloves now instead of latex (or good alternatives) in an attempt to save money. The back of the gloves are mesh which only makes it worse. No masks are available. At all. For anyone. Several people with pre-existing conditions are at serious risk of dying if they catch the virus and the company keeps denying them leave, which was supposed to be available to any high risk employee. Lies. I'm seriously concerned for some of my coworkers and friends.

On top of all this they are running one of are bigger sales of the year and actually encouraging people to come in. We've already been called out as a place people come to socialize simply to get out of their homes on the local news. It's bad. We've also even had police officers in the store taking pictures and videos of all the people ignoring the city ordinances. Wouldn't be surprised if we get fined or worse for the store's actions.

Right now, there are few things keeping me from just breaking. I adopted a pair of puppies, as most of you know from the pictures on discord, whose energy and love help take the edge off. They are however not trained yet, so I spend a lot of time with them so they dont destroy anything or hurt themselves. Despite the hell at work, my job is stable, leaving me with an income when so many others here have lost their jobs already. There is even a chance at a promotion within the next week or two. I'm also holding onto the small glimmer of hope they will put the city on lockdown for two weeks, which will afford me some long overdue vacation and a chance to unwind.

As I write this on my phone, unable to sleep, laying in bed, I still think of the people here and the positive attitude of our little family. So thank you to each and every one of you for contributions in this rather insane world we all live in.

To those I owe threads to: I'm hoping to steal a little time at work when I can to write. Thank you for your patience and I will get the posts out however I can.

All my best,
Argy

Reply #3953
Welcome onboard @Elaurianpaladin ! Hope you enjoy your time around :)
Also just sending good vibes to everyone struggling with this hectic times around, keep your mind focus on positive stuff, avert fake information, keep yourself safe. And remember, evasion is a good way to deal with this!

Reply #3955

PLEASE WELCOME BACK VOX, WHO'LL WRITE ZRINKA "RINI" AGAIXOT!

Please welcome a returning member, namely @Vox ! They join the story with Ensign Zrinka Agaixot, callsign "Honey Badger", but she prefers to be called Rini.

Ens. Zrinka Agaixot          Wolf-XX [Honey Badger]  

- Played by Vox

She was one of the original Lone Wolves - squadmate with Khorin, Renard, Razor, Goldeneye, Rawley and Isley. She was put in stasis after the first battle with the USS Calamity, back in Part 1 of Episode 03, and then went missing in action at the Coreless Moon before Episode 05.

In reality, her Valkyrie had been disabled by the Raiders that pursued her, and she became a prisoner. She suffered captivity for three days, until Martok sided with the Theurgy at the Battle of the Apertures. She was then released from captivity and brought aboard the IKS Vor'nak for the long voyage to Aldea and the Epsilon Mynos System. She will rejoin the crew as of Day 28.

The reason this character became available for inheritance was that the original writer, @Josie , is reading the story and reached out to me, asking to make Rini available. @Vox , also having contacted me and having waited for the right character to show up, accepted the offer to write her, and here we are. Atm, he's not decided to make any edits to her.

Welcome back aboard, @Vox ! :)

PS. The Squad Org Chart is in need of update and writers with pilots will be notified about the changes asap.

MORGAN SONG AVAILABLE FOR INHERITENCE

After struggling for months with inspiration for this character, @fiendfall has decided to let go of Morgan Song.

CPO Morgan Song              Maintenance Chief (NPC) 

- NPC, available for inheritance

@fiendfall says he's such a lovely character and deserves so much more, feeling they are not doing him justice or giving him the attention and opportunities he should be getting. This decision has been put off several times over the last 9+ months, but now with more Applicants than Available Characters, @fiendfall felt they should stop being in denial and let someone else give him a better home.

Please consider also how you, as the new writer of the inherited character, has a creative license to change the way s/he is written. If there is any interest, and you have a posting rate and activity on the sim that permits the adoption of an Available Character or make a new character, please PM me with your interest.

Oh, and recruitment where new members might create characters from the start will be due in a couple of weeks (Covid 19 being merciful to my workload), but it will be for a limited amount of time, just to fill out the vacancies on our Wanted Positions page.

When this happens, there will be an announcement.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3956
Welcome back buddy! And look at that you lose your original Wolf and gain another what are the odds? :P Looking forward to writing with you dude.

Reply #3957
Welcome back @Vox, good to see you here again!

Much as it pains me to see Morgan go, I'm excited for him to get a better home & see where the character is taken next :)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3959
For the last time I do not have any cookies, I ate them all, all cookie related inquries need to be directed to @Numen for she is the cookie queen.

Reply #3961
Welcome back @Vox Glad to see you haven't been put in the obituary section this time again. :D Good luck writing Zrinka! And I think your scheme to get more cookies is uncalled for  ;)  /;-D

Also welcome to all the new faces I might have missed since my latest post. I look forward to seeing you all in play.

Reply #3963
Hello there

For those of you who still remember me and may be confused to hear something from me after this long time, yeah I’m still alive (I’ll not look how long cause then I guess I’ll start becoming depressive). Well alive is probably a little bit to optimistic. Let’s say my vital functions are still working well enough to write some words in English.

So if you may start thinking that the Corona Virus is the cause of my status right now, well then you’re right, but not cause I got infected. Five or four weeks ago the German government declared the quarantine and I didn’t cared about the whole Virus thing at all. It’s not dangerous for me so I stay at home play some Warframe and safes lives with that. At least I’ve thought one day like that till my mum called me and asked if I can help in the hospital. I knew they had to few nurses before and didn’t thought this would change after so I said yes and helped them. The problem was that the numbers of infected rose. The numbers of nurses and helpers didn’t. My working time increased due that after two weeks from seven to ten or eleven hours during a normal day.

(I’ve put this into a spoiler cause what I’m writing about right now was the most depressing experience in my whole life. I’ve mentioned the working time above because this alone would be a good reason for me.) [Show/Hide]

But that’s it. I’m officially free now and from what I know the government is thinking about sending military doctors to hospitals in critical situations as well as flatting the curve shows some sort of effect too. So I guess what I’m trying to imply now is that I’m back and dammit I need something to do now the whole day.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Reply #3964

NEW LONE WOLVES THEAD POSTED!

Hi there! @Nolan has posted something for new and old pilots in the squad! :)

Day 29 [0800 hrs.] New Wolves Rising

Check in and see the new Squad Chart at the bottom of the post. The Wiki and Crew Manifest will be updated asap. Notice also how we have a Vacancy in Wolf-12 for the time being.

SADLY DOC M. LEAVES US TODAY

Having battled health issues for quite some time, the final decision has come from @Doc M. that he leaves the sim. He writes that it's been an honour and a privilege, but he can barely write a letter right now, let alone an interactive piece of fiction. He claims it's high time he took a medical discharge and said my goodbyes. He might return some day, but until then, he won't be actively writing with us.

@Doc M. would like Maya to leave to join the Klingons, as it has been established in the most recent thread with Ives and Maya. William, O'Connell will vanish back into the NCO ranks from which he came, without any higher responsibilities than Maintenance Chief. He'll be there in case his writer decides to return. As for Tessa May Lance of the Lone Wolves, she will be put up for adoption.

I'm so sorry to see this day come, even though I've been aware of it for some time. With the thread where Maya leaves the ship having come to a close, to tie a bow on it all, I can but say in kind that it's been an honour and a privilege to have you aboard the sim for all these years, Doc, and I hope you recover well enough to return to us one day.

AVAILABLE CHARACTERS

A few current Applicants have dropped out, so we have a longer list of Available Characters atm. Recruitment is still due quite soon, so unless these are picked up, they will be NPCed as Season 2 begins.

Lt. JG Tessa May Lance            Wolf-07 [Goldeneye] 

- Former Writer:
@Doc M. 

Ens. Cir'Cie                  Science Officer (Botany) 

- Former Writer:
@Lady Nyx

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Former Writer:
Even Angels Cry

Ens. Cameron Henshaw          Captain's Yeoman 

- Former Writer:
Triage

That's all for now!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3965
I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time @DaValle ! Just take care of yourself ♡

Also sad to see @Doc M. leaving us! Hope everyone's doing okay out there
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3966
Sorry to see yet more people leaving!

@Vox no untimely demise this time, though I still maintain that the last one makes you a zombie! Welcome back!!  :)

@DaValle take care of yourself. I hope you're doing alright.

Reply #3967

PLEASE WELCOME ARTEMISIA, WHO'LL WRITE JAYA THORNE

Today, a new Theurgist joins us! It's @Artemisia , who inherits Jaya Thorne, one of our two Asst. Chief CONN Officers! :)

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Writer:
Artemisia

Reading Jaya's adventure so far was a fun read, they say, and while they haven't made any edits to her bio yet they would like to add to it in the future when any major developments happen.

Please give a warm welcome to @Artemisia ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

SADLY, ARISTA LEAVES US TODAY

I learned that @Arista will not be able to participate here for the foreseeable future. With RL health issues, he lost track of the main threads within the anthology and with the new season starting, he realised that he's not giving the group the time it needs. As such, he has taken the decision to leave Theurgy. Saying that while this group has been a lifeline and one he's been privileged to be a part of it, he also knows we need consistent and committed writers.

In terms of character inheritance, @Arista prefer it that Parnak sneaks off the Theurgy during the downtime on Aldea. He'll charter a ship or hop cargo freighters back to Cardassian space. With Ziegler being a Story NPC, I will be writing her if she'd ever turn up once more.

As always, I will NPC Parnak as required in current ongoing threads. Just PM me if you have any specific requests in that regard!

Good bye, @Arista  , hope you'll return to us when you feel better!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3968
Welcome @Artemisia - looking forward to reading your stories!

Wishing you well @Arista - take care!
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3971
@Arista I'd like to thank you for all the great threads and time you've given us and myself. May the future burn brightly for you both personally and professionally!!

Again, for all the new faces! Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here.

Reply #3972
Hello there! @Artemisia

But sad to see you leave @Arista and I hope you'll get better very soon.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Reply #3973
Welcome @Artemisia to the family. It's a somewhat disfunctional one but you'll be welcome here. I hope you enjoy writing Jaya and I look forward to seeing her adventures continue with you.

Sorry to see you go @Arista hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery and we'll see you back here one day.

Simple Audio Video Embedder