Skip to main content
Topic: Theurgy Secret Santa 2018! (Read 5556 times) previous topic - next topic

Theurgy Secret Santa 2018!

Hi Theurgists,

I thought it would be rather fun this year to run a secret santa. For those that don’t know a secret santa is a gift giving activity, where everyone who participates will give a gift to a randomly assigned member of the group, but you will also receive one back from a different member. The important part of this is the secret! It’s more fun for the gift receiver to have to work out who sent them the gift – if they can!

There are a few important rules to this.
1.   This activity is completely optional and solely for fun.
2.   Not only would I have access to a specified name and address to organise the list, but another member of this group will also have access to this to send you a package. Make sure you are comfortable with this!
3.   Don’t spend too much money on this! It can be embarrassing to send a $5 gift and receive a $150 gift back. Please be realistic on the amount you spend and keep it around the novelty gift mark. Don’t spend any more than you can afford.
4.   When thinking about gifts, bear in mind shipping costs. A speciality item from your home country may be a great idea, but you may be able to find something equally good on an online retailer based in the recipients’ own country to cut down on shipping costs. Amazon has national websites in most locations, for example.

I have made a survey for those who are interested to sign up. I will be closing the sign up on Sunday 18th November 2018, so there is enough time to organise and send a gift.

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to send me a PM!

Arista

Re: Theurgy Secret Santa 2018!

Reply #1
Uh! I like the idea! sign me in :)
What do you think about handmade gifts? I mean, i'll be super up to send some local speciality + inkwork pic, and i'm sure there are a lot of crafters in the forum too

Reply #2
Uh! I like the idea! sign me in :)
What do you think about handmade gifts? I mean, i'll be super up to send some local speciality + inkwork pic, and i'm sure there are a lot of crafters in the forum too

What you choose to send is up to you! Handmade gifts are always cool but store bought can be great too.

Reply #3
I do digital art, so I can send a file. I think our wishlists should include a few art requests as well as items yanno?

Reply #4
That's a good idea! I'd like that idea.

Reply #6
Okay, please remember that there are many who are not comfortable sharing home addresses on the internet, and I want to stress how optional this idea must be. No one should feel any pressure having to share their identity online to anyone!

I will not participate in that respect, but if there is time for it, I may be able to make artwork and send a file.

Therefore, I think this secret santa idea must be split up in two, for those who wish to share their real home address, and those who want to participate in a digital anonymous way. Okay, @Arista ?

Reply #7
I'm in, for both the delivery stuff and the digital stuff.

Reply #8
The sucky part being that I'd love to hopefully receive the artwork option as mentioned by FT. I could not reply in kind (no talent in that area).
But, that said, perhaps there is a way for members to set up, or already have a PO box? I know I have one at the local post office for parcels and the like. Not sure about other countries but it was free here.

Just an idea.

Reply #9
Hi all,

It's great to see that some of you are really keen on this idea.

Please, Please, Please remember that this is solely an optional activity and you are not required or wanted to reveal any information to myself or another member of the group unless you absolutely want to.

Based on suggestion, I have updated the survey to allow for those who want to participate digitally only. If you have already filled this in, you are welcome to go and adjust your answers.

I tried to make it allow for any option, but once again, any questions or comments, don't hesitate to get in contact with me.

Reply #10
Sign up is closed and all participants have been informed of who they have been allocated to choose a gift for.

If you have signed up and not received a PM from me about this, please let me know.

~Arista

Reply #11
Sign up is closed and all participants have been informed of who they have been allocated to choose a gift for.

If you have signed up and not received a PM from me about this, please let me know.

~Arista

Also, further to this. The survey (and any personal information contained within) has now been deleted.

Reply #12

yall can call secret santa off. I got the greatest gift. there's really no topping this one, lets be honest

I have no idea who sent it though?? everyone knows i love my guineas. uhhh, Stegro? are you the culprit? 8P

Reply #14
<3 as you should, stegro

Reply #15
I have just had confirmation that the last secret santa gift has been delivered and open. If those who took part want to share pictures of their gifts, please do so.

I can also release the list of who got gifts for whom if there is interest.

This is what I received from my secret santa. Thank you Santa!

[Show/Hide]

Reply #16
My photo-skills are pretty lame buuuut: here is the awesome pile of gifts I've from my secret santa.
I've also discovered i love marmite in the interim... I'm doomed
[Show/Hide]

Reply #17
@Numen your skill are incredible. And as the recipient of your Secret Santa offering, I am proud to share this.

[Show/Hide]I am once again impressed by your skills my friend and I look forward to when I can ask you to perform more works of wonder.

Reply #18
I'm loving everyone's secret santa gifts so far <3

Reply #19
Double posting, but I think I know whodunnit! It was Lucan!! (?)

Simple Audio Video Embedder