Skip to main content
Topic: Award Poll: The Scourge Award 2021 (Read 2994 times) previous topic - next topic

Award Poll: The Scourge Award 2021

Awarded to a player in recognition of their willingness and ability to put their character through extraordinary personal hardship, be it suffering through sickness or personal crisis, through which the writer contributed superb posts relevant to the situation. The writer who gains this award is a master at torturing their character(s) for the enjoyment of others.

The poll will run for 3 days, in which those who cast their vote should always take their time to read the linked scenes first. The award should be based on the award criteria and not because you personally like the nominee(s) overall. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Scourge Award. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on yourself.

Here are the nominations, with more information on the nominated writers & threads:

NOMINATION 01: SWIFT

Forum Name of Nominee: @Swift
Reason for Nomination: "It's not often a scene comes along where you can laugh, cry and feel the pain of a character all at the same time but Swift has managed to do that to Fisher and convey it to us."
Motivation & Links (by nominator):
Operation: 'Dinner Out' (Reply #16)
Operation: 'Dinner Out' (Reply #31)
"In the span of just two posts, Swift has conveyed the suffering that his character is enduring while at the same time that refusal to give in to what he is being subjected to. His use of humour to break up the pain and suffering I feel is accurate to situations where you have to laugh otherwise you would just break down, cry and fall apart. It is an effort to be saluted."

NOMINATION 02: P.C. HARING

Forum Name of Nominee: @P.C. Haring
Reason for Nomination: "Inheriting a rock-steady character like Lt. Cmdr. Hathev and turning the world upside down on her in order to tell an intriguing and engaging story." Additionally: "For allowing the evolution of difficulties facing Hathev to be reflected in others, and in welcoming those others to play a real part in how that story ends."
Motivation & Links (by nominator):
Triage and Tactics
Patched Up
Reconciliation and Recovery
"When I first came to Theurgy, Hathev was one of those characters that seemed relatively standard affair for a Vulcan, other than the whole being Chief Counseling Officer thing. Anyway, as was reflected by my own interactions with the character prior to P.C. Haring inheriting her. That’s not to say that the previous iteration was bad, not by any means, but what P.C. Haring has done with her, and to an extent, to her, has really broadened the appeal of the character to a greater degree. The way she’s dealt with a series of mounting tragedies in short form, taking a very real toll on her, some might say is a bit brutal, but then again, that’s kind of the aim of this award, isn’t it? To effectively force change into your character by putting them through the worst of it. At least, that’s what I’m taking it as, and accordingly, P.C. Haring has put Hathev through a lot in order to effect change. What’s even better though, is seeing how that change is reflected in the interactions with other characters, and how other characters are in turn contributing to that change. It’s neat, and it’s really turned Hathev into a character that I like and enjoy reading."

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder