Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1745 hrs.] Lost in Translation (Read 3136 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 02 [1745 hrs.] Lost in Translation

Reply #25
[ Lt. JG Tessa May Lance & Ensign Lauren Pierce | Qo’Nos Art Museum | Qo’Nos ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz [Show/Hide]
Lauren could tell that Tessa's words painted a mental picture to Cross that wasn't already being canvased as her companion continued to drop her coverage. Lauren admired her friend's outgoing nature as of late but not the indecency despite her intrigue and attraction in the display. Listening in to Cross and Tessa throw ideas out, the Orion outposts struck her interest first.

"Might be kind of cool to check out a Orion Outpost. For various reasons of course." She smirked which made Tessa giggle with excitement. "However, the Nausicaans are not a species I want to rile up in any capacity." She said sliding her hand over in a slicing manner as if to say no way.

"Awww. C'mon! Where is your sense of excitement?"

"It's staying in my chest. I don't want a Naussicaan dagger in my back for having fun. Captain Picard told about his experience once on the Enterprise and I'd rather not be on the receiving end." She could tell the commander was interested in it as an option however and decided an alternative.

"What about an Orion shop in town? As I recall there were a few we passed on the way to the Museum. Klingons would more likely frequent it and not put up with the Naussicaans there." Lauren felt accomplished with herself and happy to help a fellow shipmate. A comradrie she hadn't had since her short time on the Enterprise. She thought about new friends, Cross, Amanda, Kate, and her relative onboard as well as her old friend Tessa. A smile grew on her as she focused on them before breaking from her daydream.

"I do hear however that the Orion trinkets and clothing are nice for some...ehem...closed door fun..." She said almost embarrassed to say it aloud.

"Now yur talkin' girl!" She said yelling and slapping Lauren's ass with a loud smack to which Lauren yipped loudly.

"Dammit Tessa, watch where you put that thing or I'm gonna break it off." She said flexing her cybernetic hand. Tessa's face still held a smile but more reserved now. "Aye aye cap'n!" A salute and smile later.

"Any other particulars we can help you with sir? And any suggestions for activities when trying to get to know family? That's something I'm just...not navigating well with all the weirdness surrounding that situation."

Reply #26
[ Lt. Cmdr. Cross | Qo’Nos Art Museum Area | Qo’Nos ] attn: @Pierce

“I have heard of the danger of Nausicaans, but I’ve yet to meet one in person.” Cross shook his head as Lauren shared the legendary story of Captain Picard’s brush with death. He’d never met the man but admired the captain’s fighting spirit. “Where’s the smoke, there’s fire, but I can’t help but think there’s more to the Nausicaans than mere brutish aggression. There’s a strategy behind the reputation, at least I think so.”

His mind strayed into the pros and cons of creating such a reputation before being jarred back into the present conversation and thrust into the bedroom by Lauren’s comment. He voiced his curiosity before he thought better of it.

“What sort of fun?” Of course, she meant sex. He felt his ears warm and darted his gaze away from the women and to the patterns on the street beneath his feet. How big of an idiot did he have to paint himself as being? “I mean, I don’t know how trinkets can be particularly helpful in that regard.” Just stop. Cross knew he was giving far more away of how inexperienced he was than was likely deemed attractive by most women. Not that he was trying to appear attractive to them. STOP! Cross cleared his throat, “That is to say, I’ve never seen Orion kiosks so I can’t picture what you’re talking about.”

He was thankful for Tessa’s more outspoken nature then, as her interaction with Lauren gave him a brief respite to lick his wounds of embarrassment. He was also thankful for Lauren’s abrupt change of conversation by way of her question. Tipping his head to the side, Cross couldn’t help the snort. He would not detail why he lacked family, but he could at least offer some suggestions.

“I have found that surviving ordeals or building things with others helps to create a neutral ground for discussion and revelation. With very little experience of the traditional family myself, I cannot speak for that per say, but as an officer, I can at least attest to the success of training fields and tests where groups have to work together to overcome an obstacle.” He offered Lauren a hesitant smile. “I’m not certain if this helps or not.”

Looking towards the street where the vendors lay, Cross gestured for the women to join him if they cared to, “Perhaps we can find something that will prove useful for family and more, er, romantic endeavors from the kiosks?”

Reply #27
[ Lt. JG Tessa May Lance & Ensign Lauren Pierce | Qo’Nos Art Museum | Qo’Nos ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz [Show/Hide]
Lauren was intrigued by the looking for useful trinkets but knew Tessa was more so what with her current state of dress. And the fact that Tessa was planning to meetup with Kate again at some point.

"Yeah! Let's do it!" She yelled at Cross and Lauren.

Lauren facepalmed before reacting further. "Of course you'd be down for this. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am a little curious about those items but..."

At that moment her combadge chirped, interrupting the fun conversation and likely expedition into an area few Starfleeters had gone before on Qo'nos. "Who's that?!" She said in a rather sharp tone. Lauren ignored her and tapped it. "Pierce here."

"Ensign, we have need of you on board for CONN Vector Assault training. Please standby for beam up."

"Acknowledged." She tapped the badge as Tessa thought about it too.

"You know, I think I have an appointment with Dr. Foster...." She said slyly.

"Uh huh...." Lauren said smiling as she elbowed Tessa.

"Shut it. I have to have a checkup after my ramming the fighter bay for your information!"

"Hmm. Check up... Coincidence? I think not."

Lauren turned to Commander Cross. "This was fun sir. We'll have to do this again sometime. Perhaps even a double date? In any case, I hope your friend heals up and is ready for some adventure." Lauren smiled back at the Commander. She realized that she was fitting in rather nicely despite the recent changes. And finding another person with a prosthetic appendage was a welcoming sight as well. The only thought she had now is, if Cross decided to double date, who would she bring? She'd not gotten too close to others yet and that left her slightly puzzled.

Pierce listened to Cross respond before she finally took her leave of them and their fun expedition off-duty. But life in Starfleet was never over. Time to go. Before she tapped her combadge she waved to the lot of them. "Pierce to Theurgy. One to beam up." The transporter beam glowed blue around her person as she was enveloped in the light.

"Well sir, it was great getting to hang out and getting into trouble with you guys and running through the museum and the market and..." Tessa continued verbalizing the events of the day with many more ands running through her verbal dump. "As I said, I probably should visit the doctor and get a checkup before the big party in a couple days. That way I don't accidentally injure a much needed region unnecessarily if you catch my drift." She winked rather obviously as she laughed.

Tessa tapped her combadge as well under her shirt, "Goldeneye to Providence, one to beam up."

"Ms. Lance, for the last time, stop giving the ship a codename. Theurgy beam up underway."

The light enveloped her too as Cross was left alone, but a little safer and quieter by the removal of the two high energy crew members.

Reply #28
[ Lt. Cmdr. Cross | Qo’Nos Art Museum Area | Qo’Nos ] attn: @Pierce

In quick succession, Cross was left by his intriguing companions. One for more plausible reasons than the other, but Cross was not one to judge. He snorted as he thought through Tessa’s list of events as they’d played out so far. The day certainly had not turned out quite as he’d expected, but certainly not worse. He liked a good fight and always enjoyed using his muscles to their fullest capacity in some fashion or another. He just wasn’t going to mention to Kai or Elro that this particular fight, if they asked, had been against a half-naked geriatric Klingon woman. They’d never let him live it down.

Determining that the museum was not likely to be something Hathev would want to visit, Cross turned to head towards the Hall of Heroes. Perhaps something like that would be more akin to her tastes?

~FIN~

Simple Audio Video Embedder