Skip to main content
Topic: Day 25 [1000 hrs.] Washing The Slate Clean (Read 5734 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 25 [1000 hrs.] Washing The Slate Clean

[ Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Wolf-03 | Transporter Room 03 | Deck 12 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

“After the last few days, this should feel great,” Donna thought as she considered what her near future held. “The Klingons didn’t exactly treat us nicely after baiting us. Damn them and their Klingon politics.” Donna raged silently as she leant against the side of the passageway in casual clothes. She’d been checked over by the doctors after being released, even before she’d been allowed a proper shower. Once she had been let go, she’d gone and had a nice long shower, using the hottest water she could stand to clean off 5 days' worth of Klingon prison cell. Now, she waited for her companion for the trip down to the spa. It had been a spur of the moment thing; a possible solution to a continuing rocky relationship.

“I was beginning to wonder if you had changed your mind,” Donna said when she spotted the doctor approaching.

[ ~2 Hours Earlier | Main Sickbay ]

“So, when can I get out of here Nurse Jones?” Donna moaned as she sat on the edge of the bed. They’d been released by the Klingons a few hours earlier and finally returned to the ship, only to be brought down to the sickbay for examination. Nurse Jones had done the basic treatment of injuries and scans but now Donna waited for her official release.

“As I said when you arrived Lieutenant,” Nurse Jones responded, her voice tired. “Only one of the doctors can officially release you. You will have to wait until one of them is available.”

“Awesome,” Donna deadpanned, shifting her gaze to the deck beneath her feet. She heard the nurse walk away and wondered how long she was going to have to wait to be released. The sound of footsteps drew her attention and the pilot looked up to see who it was.

“Shit!”

Re: Day 25 [1000 hrs.] Washing The Slate Clean

Reply #1
[ Lt Amelya Rez | Transporter Room 03 | Deck 12 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Stegro88

Deciding to wear a rather easy fitting dress again with prints on it, Amelya showed up with a bag over her shoulder as she clearly wore a two piece bathing suit underneath as the straps of the top were in plain sight. She hadn't exactly thought about why she had agreed to come to this excursion with Donna of all people. The two of them still had history and the doctor, although she had changed over time, still felt some sort of resentment for what they had been through during an Op that never happened according to the books.

"Why would you think that?" she asked Donna as she came to stand besides her and looked into her eyes. She didn't wait for the answer as she went to stand on the transporter pad and waited for Donna to do the same before they could get beamed down to the spa.

[Show/Hide]

[~2 Hours Earlier | Main Sickbay ]

The returned pilots from Klingon captivity had caused for a slight peak in work. Most of them had quite some serious injuries and most of them were easily fixed. However, before any of them could go they would have to be checked over by a doctor and today wasn't that different. Amelya had seen Zephyr been called away for one of the pilot who had been in worse shape.

This resulted in her having to discharge this particular pilot. A task she didn't really look forward to. She reminded herself that she  had to be professional at least about it. She stepped into the room where Donna was and as the pilot looked up, she could tell by the look on her face what she was probably thinking.

"Miss Petterson." she said with a deadpanned voice as she walked over to her and stopped in front of her "Any discomfort or issues after your treatment?"she continued before she managed to look into her eyes again. There had been history between the two of them and whilst Amelya had her own mind and feelings about it, she couldn't help but feel for the woman before her. She couldn't help that perhaps unlike Donna, she was more empathic.

"I heard you've been very poorly treated, so... Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"
she asked, her voice, less hostile as she put the PADD aside and looked at the pilot in front of her.

Reply #2
[ Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Wolf-03 | Transporter Room 03 | Deck 12 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

"Well, given our history together, I wasn’t sure if you would feel safe being alone with me somewhere without full surveillance,” Donna remarked honestly as she openly admired the outfit that Amelya was wearing. She had seen the Trill naked before, as well as in more revealing clothing, but never in something so easily casual. It was a nice change. “We do have something of a, complicated relationship, I guess you could say,” phrasing her words carefully given the transporter chief’s presence, as she stepped up beside her companion. “Why did you decide to come?” she asked right before the transporter activated.

[Show/Hide]

“Is there seriously no one else on duty at the moment?” Donna wondered as Lieutenant Amelya Rez approached her. The two of them had something of an interesting history together stemming from an undercover operation Donna had needed the Trill’s expertise on. That had been back when she had been a brunette, and unjoined, not that either of those things had seemed to alter her reaction any. “Maybe I should have sent a letter afterwards?”

"Miss Petterson," the doctor asked, her voice completely flat and neutral, giving nothing away. "Any discomfort or issues after your treatment?" Their eyes met as she asked this, and Donna was curious what the Trill saw in her. Donna herself actively avoided staring into her own eyes in a mirror, worried at what she might find staring back at her from the abyss. "I heard you've been very poorly treated, so... Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

“Not much Doc, just spent a few days at a lovely Klingon hotel,” Donna remarked, putting on a jovial façade. “They seemed a nice enough bunch to be around compared to some of the other places I’ve been. Not that I would like a repeat visit anytime soon,” she added as an afterthought, breaking eye contact and glancing away. She wasn’t sure why she went on. Pain, medication, exhaustion, she couldn’t decide.

“Us,” she uttered softly, her eyes returning to Amelya’s. “I’d like to talk about us.”

Reply #3
[ Lt Amelya Rez | Transporter Room 03 | Deck 12 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Stegro88

The comment Donna made brought a slight smirk on Amelya's face, the Trill's eyes moved over Petterson's clothing before locking with her eyes and shaking her head. She refrained from answering just yet and as Donna stated that their relationship had been complicated, the Trill could only nod as she stood up to the transport pad. Her next question was unanswered as the light began to whirl around them and they were transported down to the surface. When they materialized, Amelya looked around and found them to be alone with just the two of them.

"It would be an understatement to say our relationship is a complicated one." she answered first of all as she ran a hand through her hair and sighed as she looked back at Donna "I decided to come along since I could use the downtime, a spa visit being just perfect for that occasion." she informed the other woman, leaving it in the middle what she thought about the company.

She started to make her way to the locker rooms as she looked over her shoulder "As for feeling safe... I'm not the young naive girl you used years ago. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve if the situation would demand it."  she answered with a considerable amount of bite in her reply before she moved ahead to the designated changing rooms. Amelya would seemingly still have some distrust towards the pilot and former covert operator.

[~2 Hours Earlier | Main Sickbay ]

Hearing about her stay with the Klingons was nothing new that she hadn't already read or heard from the staff present. Rez had been given Petterson's file by chance and had opted at first to hand it over to another doctor. However, she steeled her resolve to face this particular encounter head on after some thought. She listened to Donna, noticing the façade she put on with ease. It would seem some things didn't change about the woman and Amelya simply looked at her with a deadpanned look. She gave a few nods as she filled in the required fields that would eventually lead to her discharge from Sickbay.

Surprise hit her and it would quite visible to the human as Donna mentioned she wanted to talk about the two of them. Rez looked back up from the PADD to the woman and a brow rose slightly "What about us?" she asked, still somewhat cold, yet not cold enough to shoot down the idea altogether.

Reply #4
[ Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Wolf-03 | Spa | Aldea Prime | Aldea ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

Donna was a little dismayed when Amelya informed her that she had come along because she could use the downtime and a spa visit. Ergo, she was using Donna as a ticket to get what she wanted. The pilot wanted to feel indignant at that thought, but quickly realised that that would have been hypocritical of her. Donna herself had used Amelya to complete her mission all those years ago. She had done things to the Trill and made the Trill do more that, while perhaps not completely necessary, improved their chances of success. And they had succeeded, which at the time, was all that Donna really cared about. Afterall, she was going to disappear on her next mission and wouldn’t be around for the fallout. Well, here it was, 6 years later.

“I can certainly see that,” Donna commented as she followed the Trill. She hadn’t been here before, but it seemed that the Doctor had. Or she was putting on a show of confidence; Donna wasn’t sure either way. Didn’t really matter to her either as she followed her companion into the changing rooms. “So, what do you think the dress code is here?”

“Us, this, the tension between us,” Donna stammered, trying to find the right words. “We haven’t spoken since I came aboard and unless I miss my guess entirely, you have been avoiding me. Why is that? Anger? Shame? Disgust?”

Reply #5

Amelya had never ventured down to the spa before, thus perhaps it was a show of confidence she was putting on. Fact was, she didn't want to show Donna that she was anything like the girl she had drafted on the missions years ago. The trill strode ahead and opened the locker as Donna asked her about the dress code. The blonde turned her head towards the human and looked her in the eyes, her own seeming somewhat cold and calculated as she thought over her answer.

"I'm guessing simple beachwear is allowed. Then again nudity wouldn't be against the rules either as long as you would use the bathrobe provided when traveling through the public areas." she answered her as she began the process of removing the dress she was wearing slowly. If there was one thing Amelya didn't worry about, it was showing her body to Donna. She had done so and much more during their covert op. Perhaps her body had matured slightly over the years, yet if anything she wasn't going to be shy about it. She couldn't be.

She did debate whether or not to go nude entirely, it would provide easier access for the staff to do their work with no clothing in the way. She stalled her undressing slightly to see what Donna would do.

The brow of the Trill rose as Donna stammered and tried to get out of her words. A quite peculiar thing for the silver tongued woman. Rez kept looking at her and didn't give a faintest clue away to what she was feeling. Eventually after another painful silence, she answered Petterson "I think I have good and enough reasons to not speak to you Donna." her eyes bore into Donna's "So are you really that oblivious as to why or do I need to fucking spell it out to you?" she hissed, losing her temper slightly. 

Reply #6
[ Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Wolf-03 | Aldean Spa | Aldea Prime | Aldea ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

Amelya’s answer to her question was about what the pilot had been expecting. Given some of the services and treatments offered and provided at this establishment, Donna almost doubted there would be any taboo against walking the halls nude, so long as you were covered in the public areas as Rez had said.  As she undid her dress and slipped it from her shoulders, she noted that Amelya had stopped undressing and was eyeing her subtlety, probably wondering what she would do. 

Seeing no reason to be shy; Amelya had seen it all, and more besides, before, Donna calmly and as casually as she could muster, stripped nude. Making a point to fold and place all her clothes in her locker first, the pilot then reached for the provided bathrobe and donned it, tying the belt closed.

“Where did you want to start?” Donna asked the doctor. “As my guest, you should choose first.”

“Yes, you are going to have to spell it out to me,” Donna admitted painfully. “A lot happened during that mission. Good and bad. But we survived and we were able to rescue most of the slaves, including the little girl. Did you keep track of her afterwards? I know I did until I had to disappear. Even then, I still had a friend keep track of her to make sure she was alright.”

“So yes, tell me what I did that makes you hate me so,”
Donna demanded, her voice rising as she fought to control her emotions. “Tell me so that I can try and make amends.”

Reply #7
[ Lt Amelya Rez | Aldea Spa | Aldea Prime ] Attn: @Stegro88

Donna simply carried on where Amelya had stalled. She stripped herself nude without shame or any hesitation. Amelya had seen it all before, just like Donna had seen her nude as well. The years that had passed had not exactly been bad on the pilot as she folded her clothes neatly away in the locker. Rez followed her example and continued to bare herself before placing her own garments orderly into the locker and locking it up. She enjoyed the feeling of the soft bathrobe provided by the Aldeans and tied it shut before loosening up her hair.

Donna gave her the choice as to where they should head to first and Rez gave it some thought before suggesting "Perhaps the sauna first?"

Rez narrowed her eyes as she shook her head "Don't you bring Kalsi into this conversation!" she hissed "I couldn't keep track of her, since I didn't have any fucking clearance to do so."  she rolled her eyes "So that's all it was? A mission with pro and cons?" she said winded, trying to keep her voice down.

"You used a naive and young Starfleet officer for that mission, one that you could mold to whatever you needed her to be. Makes me wonder how many others you've used like that before Donna." She spat out now what was truly troubling her "And don't you dare to hide behind that crap of, you know what you signed on for." she shook her head as she began to pace.

Reply #8
[ Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Wolf-03 | Aldean Spa | Aldea Prime | Aldea ] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

Donna absently wondered what the Doctor saw when she looked at her. Her eyes, keener than when she had first met the Trill, Donna noted, had looked her as she bared herself, but Donna refused to turn and see what the Trill’s expression might reveal, instead focusing on the task at hand. With their destination now chosen, Donna led off, her bare feet padding almost silently across the floor. Moving through the facility, they came to the sauna room assigned to them. Entering the outer room, Donna found a shower area on one side with wall hooks and a stack of towels and bottles of water on a table against the other.

“Charming,” Donna remarked, undoing her robe and hanging it on a hook. Nude, she walked over to one of the showers and began to wash herself using the body wash provided. She had showered before coming but it was proper etiquette to shower again before using a sauna. Rolling her neck under the cascading warmth, Donna tried to let her concerns wash away. She’d relax better in the steam that way.

“I don’t have to,” Donna countered, remembering the trip on the Jade Falcon that both had undertaken. “You volunteered for the trip. Sure, it was before you were fully briefed but you had multiple opportunities to back out. All you had to do was say the word,” Donna reminded the pacing Trill. “And no, you weren’t the first person I have used; Starfleet or not. To do what I did, you had to be willing to do the dirty, evil things that our enemies would. To use, abuse, and sometimes discard those that have helped you for the greater good.”

“And it’s not easy. It never should be,”
Donna continued, her memories churned up by her words as faces flashed through her mind. Those she had lost and found; and killed. “But we were trained to believe in what we did. We had to. All it would take was a single telepath, a single empath to detect a lie or fallacy and our covers were blown and our lives over. We compartmentalised our missions and our identities. And that helps, for the missions at least. But it leads to other complications down the road,” Donna revealed, sighing.

“Believe the lie for too long and it becomes hard to see the truth,” Donna recited. “You begin to enjoy what you are doing too much. Find tasks too easy to perform. You have trouble letting go when it is over. You are warned of the dangers beforehand but even then, sometimes, you just can’t quite see the warning signs until they are too late. I missed mine.”

“Friedrich Nietzsche, a Terran philosopher from the 19th century wrote a piece of work called Beyond Good and Evil. In it, you will find Aphorism #146. It reads ‘Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.’ It’s the only German I know but it translates to ‘He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.’” 

“Maxine Gentry was my abyss and I gazed too long,”
Donna said, staring at Amelya and hiding nothing so the Trill could see the utter truth of what she was saying. 

“And then I fell.”

Reply #9

The duo made their way over to the assigned sauna room. The interior of the spa designed to make one calm down and relax it seemed. The Trill however seemed to be still on edge despite the best efforts of the spa. They entered their sauna room and the door was closed and locked for anyone else with a soft blip and a red hue around the door. Donna carried on to take a shower whilst Amelya walked over to the display board that had the settings.

She inspected them and adapted the temperature that they'd have to endure to a rather high setting. She really wanted to sweat out and she assumed that Donna would have no problem with it. If she did, well, they could always cool down or lower the temperatures again. The blonde set the whole system up before looking back to see that Petterson was done with the shower. Rez undid her own robe now before passing her by to shower herself whilst the temperature began to rise slowly in the room. Seam starting to form as the steam seemed to set in by the floor and rose up into the room bit by bit.

Donna spoke up, defending herself as Amelya would have expected. The Trill rolled her eyes at the talk, clearly not buying it at first. Sure she volunteered, she didn't know better. Did she have moments to back out? Sure, but would it blemish her records? The young officer wouldn't know and was perhaps fearful of any repercussions down the line back in the day. Current day, she might have handled things differently.

Donna kept talking and brought up a Terran philosopher of all things in a tongue Amelya didn't understand. The language sounded hard and somewhat brute. However, when given the translation, the Trill shook her head "You say what you have to say to justify the things you've done Donna. Yet clearly you've had the time to check up on old contacts and what else." she answered. She changed posture a little and sighed again before shaking her head once more "I trusted you on that mission, gave you my all. I just figured you'd handle it differently. You changed me as Maxine Gentry, for good or worse." her eyes gazed into hers.

Reply #10
[Show/Hide]

Turning the water off, Doona patted herself dry with a towel before laying it out on one of the benches and sitting down. Steam was rising in the room, but the pilot could still see the nude form of Amelya as she showered, the water running across her spotted skin invitingly. Recognising the thoughts for what they were, dangerous, Donna averted her eyes, instead counting the number of water bottles on the table and calculating the total volume of fluid enclosed within them. It was menial but it served its purpose to distract her until Amelya had finished and was seated also.

“Thank you for coming today,” Donna began, deciding to be proactive instead of waiting for the Trill to speak first. “I probably wouldn’t have come down here if you had said no.”

“Max changed me too,” Donna stated, trying to get through to the Trill doctor. “That is what I am trying to explain to you. Except for a 6-week portion of early 2376, I can remember in almost perfect clarity every mission I ever went on. I can see the faces of those I have hurt and those I have lost. I see Amelya Duv as well.”

“I look back on those years, wondering if there is something I could have done differently,”
Donna continued, her eyes dropping to look at the deck. “I don’t regret accepting the missions, but I do regret some of the choices I made. In hindsight, there are some decisions I would not have made but I can’t change them now. All I can do is try and atone for them.”

“That is why I have kept track of Kalsi, to make sure she was taken care of,”
Donna revealed. “She lives on Luna now, on the shores of Lake Armstrong. And last I heard; she had a Bengal cat named after you.”

“So, you can hate me for what I have done,”
Donna said calmly, looking back up at Amelya. “But please try to understand why I did some of the things I did. And that some of the things that happened, not even I had control over.”

Reply #11

Whilst the water felt just nice as the room temperature reached higher and higher, Rez did one hand feel exposed, nude in front of Petterson. On the other hand, she couldn't care less about what Donna saw as she had seen and used it all before. Amelya took perhaps a bit longer under the shower than she would have used to, enjoying the feeling of true water over sonic showers. When she was done, she dried herself up before taking a seat opposite of Donna.

Sweat quickly formed on the Trill's body and it slowly rolled down over her skin as she inhaled and exhaled to a more meditative state. Her eyes closed to start off with yet opened when Donna spoke to her. Her eyes looking at the nude pilot before giving a slight nod and answering "Why wouldn't you have come?"

Rez heard out what Petterson had to say for herself now. From what she had heard from Kalsi, she was indeed living on Luna. Donna seemed to know more obviously and the fact that she also knew that Kalsi named a cat after Amelya made the Trill smile a little. A smile that lingered for a bit whilst the doctor still didn't seem to be wavering to give in to Donna's words and explanation. She did admit that whilst not regretting on taking any of the missions she had, she did regret some of the choices.

Amelya peered into Donna's eyes after that and tried to pry the truth out of them. The pilot continued and the doctor's face softened a little as her brow rose. "What do you mean you had no control over them?" she asked "Don't tell me they were orders from your superiors."  she huffed as she figured that would be the lamest and tamest excuse the human woman could come up with.

Reply #12
[Show/Hide]

“Yes, why wouldn’t you have come Donna?” the pilot asked herself thoughtfully, trying to figure out how best to word her answer. Since they had arrived at Aldea 24 days prior, Donna had mostly kept to herself. Besides interacting with a few of the crew she knew before coming aboard, Isel mainly and the Reman Lorad being the exception, she tried to limit her time aboard the most wanted ship in known space. If she wasn’t on duty or sleeping, then she had been down on Aldea.

“It’s not something I usually do,” Donna admitted slowly, looking across at the Trill and resisting the urge to follow her spots down her body. “It reminds be too much of where I grew up. Too many memories are brought up. And lately, my memories have been...unhealthy for me.” 

“Orders,” Donna uttered, resisting the urge to scoff at the thought of all the things she had done in the name of orders. “The things I have done under orders are one thing. But others, those were done because the person that did them wanted to. Because they liked it,” Donna revealed, her voice unsteady as she forced herself to focus on the present and not be pulled into the abyss of her memories. There were times she hated her near-perfect memory.

“But I am responsible for them regardless,” Donna went on. “Because I created the person who did them. And that is my burden to bear.”

Reply #13

Rez enjoyed the heat as she had found the perfect position to bask in it. She listened to Donna as she answered her question, the physician's eyes opening slightly as she seemed a bit confused by the answer "What do you mean it reminds you of where you grew up?" she enquired curiously. Amelya's eyes opened up slowly and made contact with Donna's as she peered into them.

The doctor sat up and moved her hand over the back of her neck as se could feel her muscles relax in the warmth. She listened to Donna first and nodded before continuing with a follow up question "Why would your memories be unhealthy for you Donna?"

Amelya kept an eye on Donna as she elaborated on how orders had affected her in the things she had done. She mentioned that some actions were performed because the person wanted to do them and that she found pleasure in doing so. It was a bit vain for Donna to speak for herself in third person. Rez frowning and shaking her head slightly, yet didn't reply to her yet. She did take responsibility for her actions, however she stated that she created the persona who performed such actions.

Amelya remained silent for a few seconds, wondering if this was the apology she had been waiting for. Something didn't feel or sit right here though. She glanced down to the PADD and looked at the medical record, finding nothing concrete that had sparked a fuse in her head "You created a person? Your cover story... Maxine Gentry?" she stated slowly "Or are you telling me... Something more is going on here Donna?" Amelya asked carefully, probing the pilot.

It would either be the lamest excuse to hide behind, that the cover story made her do things. Unless there was more to it and a whole new set of problems would arise that Amelya wasn't sure she was ready for.

Reply #14
[Show/Hide]

“I think of everyone on the ship, you would be the one person that deserves to know the truth that doesn’t already,” Donna said, almost wistfully as she considered where to begin. “I was born on Earth, on the outskirts of the city of Sydney on the Australian continent. After being orphaned at 12, I moved to Risa to live with by father’s best friend. And I stayed there until I gained entrance to Starfleet Academy at 17,” Revealing her youth, her real youth to the Trill doctor.

“So, you can see why this place reminds me of where I grew up. It’s like a little slice of home,” Donna said, shifting her position so that she was laying down on her towel, sweat sheening her body. Pulling an arm up behind her head, she stared at the ceiling. “And when I remember the good times, I inevitably remember the bad times as well. And what, or who, caused them. And I don’t like to remember that. It’s too dangerous.”

“I had help, but yes, I created Maxine Gentry,” Donna confirmed uneasily, unsure if discussing this was a safe thing to do but not seeing a way around it either. “I was assigned a mission to go undercover to locate some stolen weapons. So, I created an illegal arms dealer, and I made her the antithesis of myself. Me without morals or restraints. And it worked. Just too well.”

“During training, we were told that our focus could determine our reality when it came to going undercover. When you are dealing with telepaths and empaths, you had to convince yourself who you were, or you could never convince them. Empaths are the harder of the two. You had to be in complete control of your emotional state without being unemotional like a Vulcan. It had to be natural. And that was my talent. With my memory allowing me to remember my cover easily, I could focus on being a person. On being Max. I did it so well that I was able to convince a Betazoid that I was an illegal arms dealer. But that was also my undoing.”

“I became Maxine Gentry each time I took on the role. But at the end of the mission, she never fully died. A little piece of her always remained,”
Donna explained, her voice quivering slightly, memories was what max had done flashing through her mind. “In the 5 years I worked for Starfleet Intelligence, I spent a total of a little over 11 months in the role of Max. I brought her to life. And like Dr Frankenstein, I have been haunted, and hunted, ever since. My belief brought life.”

“I can feel her, even now, somewhere in my head, wanting to be free,”
Donna revealed, locking her eyes onto Amelya, trying to bore a hole through to her core. “And it scares me that this won’t be the first time that she has escaped.”

Reply #15

Rez trained her eyes on the former intelligence officer as she offered up the truth about herself. What she told might've been the truth, yet there was no real way of backing said story up. Perhaps Amelya had grown too naïve around Donna to believe everything she said, yet in the light of the conversation this morning, Perhaps she ought to give her the benefit of the doubt.  If she was raised on Risa, it might be a good reference as to why this reminds her of home.

Donna laid down and offered her body up in quite a magnificent way. Rez found herself thinking about it and she closed her eyes for a second to regain focus as Donna continued talking. When she opened her eyes once more she looked back at Donna and answered her "You should know this is a safe place Donna. Good and bad memories are what create a person, you of all people should know that."

Rez took on a stance that would allow one leg to rest while she supported on the other. She kept listening to what Donna had to say. She granted her the insight of how and when Maxine Gentry had been created. The name alone still causing the Trill to feel her hair rise and become more weary.

Donna did explain why she had become so 'good' at playing/becoming MAxine Gentry. The fear of being discovered or having her cover blown a valid concern to make it more believable. Rez kept listening attentively as some flags started to raise. Donna told how Max never fully left her psyche. How she lingered and remained a part of Donna. Amelya shifted slightly in her stance, putting her weight on the other leg now. Donna said Maxine haunted her and Amelya couldn't help but believe her. Deep cover operatives had been known with these kind of 'discomforts'. Part of Jona Rez's memories helped Amelya understand what Donna was saying.

Petterson informed the doctor that she was afraid that the persona might break free. That she was there in the background, fighting to be in the spotlight. Amelya let it sin kin for a bit before she spoke up. "Donna." she started "I think you might have a condition. A psychological one, stress related or induced perhaps." she informed her "I might need to do some tests and scans to make sure, but we can look into this if you want." she said with a softer less hostile voice.

It would explain the how and why and in the end, it was Amelya's job to cure Donna from the scourge that was Maxine Gentry. If she was an affliction.

Reply #16
[Show/Hide]

“Yeah, good and bad memories do create a person,” Donna thought to herself, wondering if Amelya saw as much irony in that statement as the pilot did. “It was me having false memories that created Maxine in the first place. And now, after not being bothered by them for years, they are coming back now. Why now?” she asked her, wishing she knew the answer.

“Is it though? Safe that is? I don’t know,” Donna remarked, staring at the roof. “We are part of the crew of the most wanted ship in half the galaxy. We are hiding here by the grace of the Klingon chancellor whose power is being threatened. What’s to stop him turning us in to save himself. It might be the honourable thing to do but how much honour is there in politics? Really?” Donna wondered, turning to look at Amelya. “And then there is me. Someone who is carrying around a monster of their own creation inside their head, just waiting to get out. And I don’t know if I can stop them.”

“A psychological condition,” Donna repeated, trying not to laugh at the thought. “Yeah, you could say that. I have a monster of a second personality floating around in my head just waiting to bust out and grab the joystick so that they can do the flying for a while.” Her tone had dropped as she had responded, finally confronting for herself what was happening. “You’ve met her, is that really an event you want to repeat?”

“I appreciate the thought Doc, but I don’t think that would be a good thing for anyone. Especially now.”

Reply #17

Rez sighed and gave a nod, whilst she tried to give Donna some peace of mind, the pilot pointed out perfectly in what kind of a volatile situation they found themselves in. What Donna said though was troubling, alarming even. Who knew what Maxine Gentry would do if she got in control of one of the fighters. Amelya sat up now and moved her neck to the left and right, trying to crack a joint, yet not succeeding so far.

"You are... Right and a hard critic Donna." she started before she kept looking her in the eyes "Though when you are afraid that you won't be able to handle Maxine on your own, perhaps now is the time to open up to people about it. To build a buffer so to speak to contain her if she ever breaks free." she encouraged her, knowing it might be harder for Donna to accept the suggestion. She always seemed to be so damn proud of herself.

Amelya's face didn't change a bit though when Donna seemed to dismiss the notion, almost even finding it amusing. Even though her tone dropped, Rez couldn't quite be convinced that the woman saw the gravity of the situation. She kept her arms crossed for now and shook her head towards Donna. "You think it'll ever be a good time to confront the issue?" she asked the pilot before she shook her head slightly and sighed.

"Mental state of mind is one of the reasons where I can withhold you from even getting into a fighter. I can't risk signing you off for active duty if there's a risk that you'll pose a threat to your fellow pilots out there. You must understand this right?" she tried to get through to her now, using the one card she hasn't played yet. Flying would probably be anything for Donna, she realized that. Perhaps the hard therapy would make her see the gravity of the situation.

Reply #18
[Show/Hide]

“I have been thinking about that, and about what you said earlier,” Donna said, breathing in deeply and savouring the feel of the steam in her swollen lungs. “You are both right and wrong in ideas and in your concerns,” Donna conceded. “You are right that I need help in keeping Maxine where she belongs and that I should prepare for the possibility that she may one day escape. But I worry that in doing that, and talking about her, will subsequently empower Max and make it harder for me to contain her.”

“Did we want to stay here or move to another area?”
Donna wondered.

“No, I don’t think that there will ever be a good time to confront Max and my past,” Donna admitted, downcast, knowing that Amelya had a point. “But I challenge the outcome that you think that grounding me will have, because I don’t think that it would be as beneficial for me as you think it will be.”

“You ground me, which means relieving me of duty, will mean that I won’t be able to do very much but think about why I have been relieved. Which will lead me to thinking about my past and Max, which will lead me back down the path of empowering her,”
Donna argued. “When I fly, it’s all I think about. It is a constant reminder of how lucky I am to have the life I have now. Because it could have been so much worse for me.”

“I guess I am asking you to not ground me. I’d appeal to whatever relationship we have or have had but I don’t think that would work for me.”

Reply #19

Amelya listened in silence to Donna's concerns about empowering Maxine. She could understand why Donna would be worried, having seen what Maxine was capable of doing. She parted her lips slightly to formulate a response, yet closed them once more when she closed her eyes and abstained. She had given Donna the options of treatment back in Sickbay. The warmth felt great on her skin in the meantime and the beads of sweat rolled down her skin whilst her hands traced over her spots lightly.

"I'm fine with either. What do you feel like?" she asked and looked towards the human female.

"I ground you for the safety of your fellow pilots Donna. Not for you to overthink things." Amelya retorted and sighed when Donna told her that flying as a mechanism in a way to consider how lucky she was to remain in control. The Trill dropped her head slightly and looked at the performance report she'd have to send in by the end of the shift. Her eyes shifted back up to Donna and she shook her head.

"Seek help Donna, I mean it. If you fail to do so in the upcoming days, I'll have no other choice but to ground you."

She let the words hang in the air when Donna tried to appeal to the relation between them, a relationship that was rather troubled to say the least. Complicated.

Reply #20
[Show/Hide]

"Fine, I’ll choose this one,” Donna acknowledged begrudgingly, sitting up and shifting on her towel until she was looking directly at Amelya. The Trill was absently tracing her spots with her hands and Donna forced herself to banish the memory that came unbidden of a time when she herself had done the exact same thing. Unless invited for an encore, and perhaps not even then, Donna would not allow herself to dwell in the memories and experiences of the past that she shared with Amelya. Before the Theurgy, those memories were not made by her, and so she would not relive them.

“I’ve heard that the mud baths here are amazing,” Donna commented, trying to judge Amelya’s response and failing. “They have either shared or single baths available,” Donna added, in case the Trill didn’t want to share with her. And the pilot wouldn’t blame her if she didn’t. If she had the choice, she wouldn’t want to share with her either.

“Or they have massages we could try,” Donna added, offering an alternative.

“Well, that went down like a lead balloon,” Donna thought to herself when Amelya said nothing in response to her appeal. If she was honest with herself, she was surprised that the Trill doctor hadn’t grounded her outright. Other pilots had been grounded for reasons far less severe than what Donna herself was potentially facing. About the only reason she could think of for any leniency was the lack of replacements available to the Theurgy.

“Thank you Amelya,” Donna said genuinely. “I promise I will speak to someone. You have my word on that.”

Reply #21

While Donna decided she'd pick up the next activity after the sauna, Amelya was left with two choices once again. The Trill let the choices hang in the back of her head before she rose up nd cracked her neck quite audibly. She let out a soft sigh and decided "Lets go for the mud baths. We can do the massage after that. We can try to go for the separate baths if there are any available at this time. If not, we can always share one." she stated calmly. pointing out her preference, yet not really making a point of it if it wasn't possible. She had let the confessions of Donna sink in, trying to cope with the fact that not Donna yet Maxine was behind the things that were done to her in the past.

It would be wrong... Unfair to judge donna, the shell so to speak for the actions of the one inside her head. Perhaps Amelya could relate more easier to this matter since she was Trill. A joined one for that matter. She too had the memories and consequences of her prior hosts to deal with. To live with and to build further on that matter. Whilst perhaps not as complex or malicious as Donna's problem, Jona Rez for example had proven to be quite a problem for the crew and ship in the past. Memories still unclear and shrouded at some points.

The eyes of the Trill looked over at Donna now while she stood in front of her. Body on full display, though not shy or reluctant to hide herself up. After all, Donna and/or Maxine had seen all of it before. Taken more even.

"I'll find out if you don't. I won't be as lenient if I do find out." she warned the pilot now and looked into her eyes "Furthermore, you are clear to go." she answered her and gave her a nod to let her know that she was dismissed for her. Already turning around to move on to her next patient unless Petterson had something else to tell her.

Reply #22
[Show/Hide]

Donna released the breath that she hadn’t realised that she had been holding. Amelya was willing to try the baths as well. Like she had mentioned, the pilot had heard that the baths were amazing, and Donna wanted to experience at least a little slice of her second home. She was under no illusions that the odds of her setting foot on Risa again were beyond miniscule even if she survived to prove the Theurgy’s innocence and saved the Federation. She was a TacCONN pilot, a wolf. She was first into the fray. And all of that was before you added the threat of Maxine into the mix. The overhanging cloud of the persona that Donna had adopted and nurtured as something that could not be ignored. She had to get help in dealing with her.

Looking up, she saw Amelya gazing at her, the Trill’s nude form on full display as she stood before Donna. The pilot was impressed with the doctor’s confidence, a memory surfacing unbidden of a time when she was far more naïve. Shake away the memory, Donna stood as well and gathered her towel.

“Shall we?” she offered before leading the way out of the sauna. Depositing the soiled towel in the provided hamper, Donna quickly and efficiently showered to remove the sweat from her skin before drying off again with another towel that soon joined her first in the hamper. Cleansed, the wolf donned her robe and loosely tied it at her waist. She would only be taking it off again in a moment and after her life, she didn’t care who saw her. The robe was for everyone else’s modesty, not her own.

Walking through the halls, the two quickly found where the mud baths were. A quick query made Donna nervous though, as she was informed that they only had couples' tubs remaining. She was tempted to nix the idea there and go to the massage but remembered that Amelya had said she was fine with sharing one. The Trill had been displaying confidence and surety the whole time they had been down here, and Donna really wanted to try the mud. Shown to a room, they were left alone in the dim lighting, the tub set into the floor before them.

“Last chance,” the pilot offered as she took out a hair tie from her robe and pulled her hair up into a messy bun before removing her robe and hanging it up. Nude once more, Donna stepped over to the side of the tube and slowly lowered her foot into the watery mix. It was warm to her skin and her foot soon found the bottom of the tub, allowing her to step in fully and stand, the mud coming up to knee level.

“Want some help?” Donna offered, holding out a hand to Amelya.

“I promise I will get help,” Donna swore, her voice firm, trying to convey her solidarity. “And thank you,” she acknowledged, moving to stand as Amelya stepped back. Seeing the doctor turning to leave, and not wanting to leave things between them as they were, Donna spoke up.

“Ah, doc,” Donna hedged, trying to think of something to say. “Are you busy this afternoon?”

Reply #23

Following the wolf's lead, Amelya walked over to the shower section as well. The water came crashing down on her and she let out a soft sigh when the sweat got washed off her. Her mind questioned if it was a good idea to spend this time with Donna, seeing Maxine was only a hint away as the pilot admitted the fear of her taking over. Amelya reminded herself that she had an issue with Maxine and not Donna after all, again.. Perhaps a naïve way of looking at it. Once she was done, her own towels were thrown into the hamper as well, unlike Donna though, Amelya's robe did conceal up most of her skin.

Their walk to the mud bath section was uneventful and when informed that only the couple's baths were available, the Trill made no objection. She looked around in the dim lit room and walked over to a wooden table before slipping the robe off and starting to clip and tie her hair up as well. She took her time to do so and she could hear Donna enter the mud bath behind her.

Once set, Amelya walked over to Donna as she offered assistance. She placed her hand on hers and stepped into the mud bath with her. The floor slightly more slippery than she had expected. She couldn't quite find a decent footing, her foot somewhat losing grip before she slipped and lost balance. It resulted into her tumbling onto Donna. Depending on how firm she had her own footing, she might be able to stop the Trill. Otherwise both of them would have been submerged in the mud against one another.

Before Amelya could leave, Donna spoke up again, asking her if she had anything to do in the afternoon. The Trill physician turned her hear slightly, back facing the pilot. Just looking at her from the corner of her eye, looking over her shoulder at her "My shift ends in a few hours. Why do you ask?"

Reply #24
[Show/Hide]

She hadn’t been sure if Amelya would accept her assistance into the sunken tub and so, when the Trill took the pilot’s hand, symbolically, if nothing else, placing her trust in her, Donna’s self-esteem had soared at the erstwhile gesture. She felt like nothing could have been better at that moment and that it would take something truly spectacular to change how she was feeling. That something soon reared its head and Donna was reminded of its awesome power. Power so great that even the stars above were subject to its might. And its name, was gravity.

Amelya’s footing had betrayed her and sent the Trill doctor sailing forward. Their grip had acted like a tether and they had crashed into each other, unbalancing the wolf. At gravity’s mercy, their conjoined nude bodies crashed into the mud around them, the somewhat viscous substance yielding under their combined weight and submerging them. Donna had barely had the presence of mind to take in a full breath before her vision of Amelya above her was blocked as the mud poured over her. 

She felt herself sinking, the weight of the Trill above her pushing her down until her back hit the floor of the tub. Donna knew that the mud wasn’t altogether that deep but its weight pressing in on her was disconcerting given her unpreparedness. She felt hands on her upper breasts, pushing on them, and realised that Amelya was trying to push herself upwards, using her as leverage. Assisting her, Donna’s hands pushed through the mud and gripped the Trill’s thighs, spreading her legs to either side of the pilot’s own. This seemed to work as the weight above her lessoned even as the pressure on her breasts momentarily increased. Once it let up though, Donna tensed her abdominals and her upper body surged upward through the mud before it could flow back into the void left by the Trill.

As Donna’s hands came up and wiped most of the mud from her face, the closeness of their position dawned on her. Amelya, seemingly caked in mud as much as Donna herself was, which was 100% given her submergence, was now straddling the pilot, with naught but the tub’s mud separating their nude forms.

She tried to think of something to say, something witty or teasing, or even lame. But nothing came to mind as the situation resolved and Donna found herself laughing at their predicament. Her chest heaved as she did so, and she absently noted that she could feel Amelya’s against hers, but she made no remark on it as consumed by laughing as she was.

“Well, I, ah,” Donna hedged, suddenly realising what she was about to ask and the implications of it. Still, she had started now and resolved to at least ask. What was the worst that could happen right?

“I have two day passes to an Aldean Spa and I was wondering if you would like to join me,” Donna said, her voice much calmer than how she was feeling on the inside. 

Simple Audio Video Embedder