Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357670 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2975
@SummerDawn  huzzah! Kick some butt at The exam if you haven't already taken it!

@Vox   that's some major unpleasantness. I hope you continue to get better. And welcome back.

@Numen you got this! Go be awesome :)

Reply #2977
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT WIKI PAGE UPGRADE

A couple of days ago, @TWilkins offered to add something to the Medical Department wiki page, and now, it is done! We now have a new section there that have all known Star Trek medicines and drugs listed, and not just that, but he has even categorised them all by their different kinds of medical usage. Check it out!

Drugs and Medicines

Dammit how I have longed for this. I don't know how much time I have spent researching meds when writing this story, lol! Thank you so much @TWilkins!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2978
Thank you @Auctor Lucan

There’s a few medications I deliberately missed out, some of the more obscure ones from Kirk’s era that had replacements in later series. But as I said, I’m more than happy to help with anything like this 👍🏻👍🏻

(I offered for this specifically because of how much time I also spend looking for drugs on the Memory Alpha)
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #2981
UPDATE ON A NEW MK III VALKYRIE PROJECT

Here is a new 3D project underway!

Mk III Valkyrie OOC Refit Project

>>> Click to see project development.

Hope you like how it's turning out, for I sure do. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2982
COME SEE PATCHES' NEW CHARACTER: THE BLACK WOLF LILIANA WALTON!

Here is the newest character in the Theurgy story, one with the callsign "Meerkat", and who will show up real soon:

CWO3 Liliana Walton             Wolf-13 [Meerkat] (V01) 

- Writer:
Patches

Chief Warrant Officer 3rd Class Liliana Walton, callsign "Meerkat", is the Flight Leader to @Vox 's character Logan Hale, and she would have been the one that Hale's wingmate Blizzard returned to in the thread Fox Hunt. Walton will hear what went down, and soon come to the Theurgy's aid in Knife's Edge. Congrats on the new character, @patches ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2984
DID YOU KNOW OMARDEX DID SHIPS FOR THE LICENSED STAR TREK: TIMELINES GAME?

Since the Mk III Valkyrie Refit Project is underway, I am in ongoing correspondence with Omardex about the design aspects and the 3D re-modelling of the design, and in this conversation, he dropped a bit of a bomb on me. He told me that after he made Thea's 3D model, he has secretly been working on an official Star Trek-licensed game, making ship models for Star Trek: Timelines!

He's been very secretive about it, only alluding to something big now and then when we've chatted, but today, he could reveal what he's been working on and been so busy with. Here is what he told me about what he's done:

Quote from: Omardex
You can tell the writers, the project is already public, the ships are in the wiki I just don't have the models on hand to create cool images for you guys.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ships

I did these ones, and their variations, listed:
- Jem'Hadar Battleship
- Romulan Valdore-type Warbird
- Breen Warship
- Orion Syndicate Interceptor
- The Xindi-Insectoid starship (not public yet).

The Valdore was my favourite of all those, the shapes were hard as hell to create but the ship is gorgeous! The game's Creative Director did the most iconic, all the Enterprises, and most of the Federation ones. I wanted to do the Odyssey, but time constrains...

When I got the job, the nail in the coffin was the Theurgy project and an Odyssey project (another Trek based project I did after the Allegiant, for a Norwegian guy). Talking to them about my involvement with your project gave confidence to the Disruptor Beam team (the developer of the game) to contact me via their Creative Director. They sent the Xindi insectoid ship first (odd because it's the last one not published yet). Super hard-to-do ship, they were happy though, and decided to send more ships my way. The most odd was the Breen warship. It was like piling containers one of top of other. Odd shaped banana ship...

I'm really thankful for letting me participate in your project. The knowledge I gained battling with the unknown, before reaching to the models and render we enjoy today. I hope the goals with the models so far were achieved and that all of your community is thrilled.

Personally, I think it's so cool that we have a 3D artist that started out working on models for us, which then led to him working on a licensed Star Trek product. The Valkyrie Refit Project won't be finished for some time, but it's awesome working with him. I will continue to post updates on the R&D board during the project. :)

Just wanted to share!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2986
Thanks for letting me bring Lily into this sim, AL! :)

For anyone who is curious and wants the tl;dr of her history, CWO3 Liliana Walton is a 20 year veteran in flying small craft, meaning anything from a shuttle to a larger runabout. Since Starfleet began using Peregrine-class runabouts as a type of fighter craft, her career has taken a further specialization towards fighters in particular. She's even trained others on the Peregrine and Valkyrie Mk II for a few years. If your character was at the Tac Conn Academy Flight Range between 2374-2377 (maybe very early 2378 depending on how fuzzy we want to make the transfer to Luna Shipyards), chances are they at least saw her around there. Here's her service record in brief:

2360-2364, Crewman -> PO3, USS Nautilus
2364-2370, PO3 -> PO1, USS Hiroshima
2370-2374, PO1 -> CPO, USS Thunderchild
2374-2377, SCPO, Tac CONN Academy Flight Range
2378-2381, CWO3, Luna Shipyards, Valravn project
2381-2381, CW03, USS Orcus
2381-Current CWO3, USS Dauntless

Reply #2987
4,5 HOURS LEFT TO VOTE IN THE FIRST OFFICER POLL

Now it's just 4,5 hours left to vote for the next XO on the Theurgy.

Link: Next XO Poll

Hope you all can make it there and submit your vote in time. :)

GRYPHON 3D MODEL UPDATED WITH CUSTOM LCARS SCREENS, VIEWABLE IN SKETCHFAB

The earlier LCARS screens we had in the Gryphon fighter on Sketchfab had miscellaneous LCARS that Omardex added to it, but given the fact that I since then have compiled fighter LCARS screens from LCARS gfx, the 3D model has now been updated with something far better than the previous patchwork of random screens.

>> Link to Sketchfab 3D Model Viewer

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2988
THE RESULTS ARE IN. THE NEW FIRST OFFICER OF THE THEURGY WILL BE COMMANDER RANAAN DUCOTE!

With a clear majority in votes in the poll, the outcome has been decided:

The will of the sim is that Commander Ranaan Ducote should be the Theurgy's new First Officer at the end of Episode 05 !

The transition will have to be planned and made In-Character down the line, and there is yet a lot to happen in the story before then, so we'll see how this all pans out. Thank you all who took part and voted in the poll! Thank you also for not wanting me to write both the First Officer and the Captain. I have quite enough on my plate as it is, lol!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2989
Right another update from me. 

I've had some bad news I've been feeling sorry for myself for the past couple of weeks, coupled with a very busy time at work.  

I've decided to "keep calm and carry on" and the work thing has settled, relatively speaking.  

I will however, be out of touch from Wednesday PM until Monday at a Star Trek event 

Reply #2990
Thank you for the update Veridian! No worries at all, take care of yourself and have a great time! :)

NATHANIEL ISLEY HAS A NEW WRITER: FOLLOWTOMORROW!

After some due thought and careful deliberation, @FollowTomorrow has decided to take on the challenge of writing a character that has been with us since Episode 01. This, namely being Nathaniel Isley!

Ens. Nathaniel Isley          Wolf-XX [Icarus] (SAVI)
Before Correction:

After Correction:

- Writer:
FollowTomorrow

Above, you see him both as he used to be before the Correction in Episode 05, and after the Savi did their number on him. @FollowTomorrow has yet to decide if Isley wishes to undergo more surgery for a reversion later on, and there might also be some personality changes made on the character page in due time. It is worth mentioning that, like always when a character is adopted, @FollowTomorrow has a full creative license in both editing the character as well as writing him, and because of what has happened on the Versant, changes will be completely plausible too!

Currently, @FollowTomorrow is reading up on the long synopsis I wrote for him, but he will henceforth be posting with Isley in True Nature - where he is about to try and save Ives from Savi captivity.

I am really excited to see this dear old character getting a new writer, and I can't wait to read his continued story. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2991
PLEASE WELCOME ARGYROS!

Please welcome our newest Theurgist, @Argyros ! He will be writing out Acting Chief CONN Officer, Derik Veradin.

Lt. JG Derik Veradin          Acting Chief CONN Officer (V01)

- Writer:
Argyros

Argyros has been reading our story for over a year, and has now decided to join us in contributing to this magnum ops of a space opera. He's caught up on current events and will be posting in Knife's Edge after @CanadianVet and @Triton have posted with Trent and Marquez respectively. Moreover, Argyros will be making some small updates to Derik's character page, and will be posting here when it is time to read up on that.

Welcome aboard @Argyros !

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2992
@Argyros Welcome to the Theurgy!! 🎉🎉🎉
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #2994
Congrats on your new inherited character @FollowTomorrow!!

And welcome to the Sim @Argyros!

**Also, congrats @patches on bringing Lily to the Sim!! (Bit late, but I haven't been on much in the last little while.)

Reply #2996
WELCOME TO THEURGY! MAY YOUR DAYS BE BRIGHT AND YOUR PATH SHINE CLEAR!

ALSO, HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

Reply #2997
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I look forward to being a part of this amazing story. I welcome pointers from each of you amazing writers if at any point you've got some to give! XD

Reply #2998
This is something I have mentioned in the discord, but wanted to make official here on the OOC.

I'm going on vacation! October 29th-november 15th, I will be out of country away from wifi, unable to chat over discord or post online. I will be out on a tropical beach enjoying the warm air while the rest of canada freezes over.

Hopefully when i get back I will have a sun burn or two.

Reply #2999
Nice! Have a great time, @Masorin !

COME SEE FIREFOX013'S NEW CHARACTER, SEPHIRIA ARN, OF THE BLACK WOLVES SQUADRON

Today, I am happy to announce @Firefox013 's new character Sephiria Arn!

Lt. JG Sephiria Arn             Wolf-14 [Scylla] (V01)

- Writer:
Firefox013

Sephiria - callsign Scylla - is a fighter pilot who was assigned to the White Wolves Squadron and fought against the Theurgy at Starbase 84. She did not defect then, yet at a later date, when flying with the Black Wolves, she will be defecting to the Theurgy along with her Fight Leader, Liliana "Meerkat" Walton, and her squadmates Logan "Wraith" Hale, Donna "Chance" Petterson and Isel "Foxfire" Nix. Scylla will soon appear in the Chapter named Knife's Edge.

Congrats on the new character, @Firefox013 ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder