Skip to main content
Topic: CH06: S [D03|1200] Bomb scarring (Read 1599 times) previous topic - next topic

CH06: S [D03|1200] Bomb scarring

[ Lt. Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Thomas Ravon's quarters | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @BZ

His shift had ended somewhere at 05.00 and after sleeping enough, Thomas woke up again when he found his personal PADD blinking. Zephyr had sent him a message to ask and see if they could have lunch together. Their shifts had been causing some hit and misses for them to meet up or spend time together. He tapped the PADD and replied to her that he'd love for her to keep him company during her lunch break. He longed for the contact between the both of them, not just physically but just emotionally. He was drunk on love for the woman and whilst the Spearhead bombing had caused some new emotional scars, Thomas hadn't talked about it with anyone.

It didn't take long before the chime indicated that Praise was at his door and he let the door open up for her. He was dressed in just a pair of sweats and a lone wolf hoodie. His bare torso visible underneath as he didn't bother to put anything else on underneath. Not exactly seeing the need to do so in the confines of his quarters. He figured Zephyr wouldn't mind either, if she did, he could always put something else on.

"Hey you!" he smiled when he saw Zephyr. He did still look fatigued, sleep having been rough on him as he kept thinking of Bila. He walked over to her to give her a warm loving hug before he kissed her on the top of her head. He held onto her longer than usual and he inhaled her scent, her perfume. When he did let go of her he reached out to take her hand and guide her over to the couch before taking a seat with her. "How have you been?" he asked her softly, looking into her eyes as he leaned one arm on the back rest of his couch and supported his head with his hand. He turned himself into the couch so he'd be facing her.

He knew that the lounge bombing had claimed more lives than just his best friend Izar Bila, among the victims was Khorin Douglas. The Klingon male who had been together with Zephyr when she had arrived at the Theurgy. They had broken up in a rather turbulent way, though he knew that the Betazoid with him had harbored true and deep feelings for the man. His death must've been a shock regardless for her.

Life was never easy, it seemed that every time something good happened, some bad stuff followed pretty quickly.  Zeph was getting to the point where she didn't believe that she was ever going to get a break.  She had Thomas now, he was hers and she was completely his, there was nothing to be said for being together other than 'finally'.

She had asked Thom if he wouldn't mind having lunch with her because she felt lonely and honestly she wanted to check in with him.  The Lounge had exploded and while she was still trying to puzzle through her emotions for having lost Khorin in such a violent way she decided that instead of dealing with that she should focus her attention on the fact that Thom had lost his best friend.

When he had agreed, she had put on some simple black leggings and an oversized tshirt that fit rather snuggly and ended just below the round of her ass.  Her hair was down, but pulled to the side behind one of fher ears so that it wasn't in her face.  Ringing the bell he came over to the door and the sight that greeted her was all too lovely.  She could stand to see him in such a state of dress just about any time.

He lead her in and they headed for the couch, she crashed next to him and let her head lay on his arm getting comfortable as she could always be with Thom.  Thom wasn't work, wasn't a fight, wasn't drama, it was like breathing the right air for the first time in her life.  It was familiarity and perfection, she knew they would probably eventually have a spat but she hoped it would be a while.  AFter the whole Khorin thing she could stand a good amount of time without being told how terrible a person she was.

"I'm doing okay, I guess, but I mostly came to check on you.  I worry for you, Bila was your best friend." she said softly as she reached up and touched his cheek gently brushing her thumb across it in the hopes that he would tell her how he felt and not brush it off too much in an effort to remain macho.

The sight of Zephyr never grew old. It felt like he'd rediscover her for the first time every time met up. While their romance had started to blossom now, gloomy news still hung over their heads. Their perfect little thing being overshadowed by loss and dim future prospects. Taken their spot in the couch of his quarters as they had done so a thousand times over the past few days, he let her settle in against him. He placed an arm over her and watched her intently while tracing the fingertips of his extended arm over the upper bit of her arm.

She told him that she worried for him, mentioning the loss of Bila. He let out a soft sigh, intent to shrugging it off again and telling her that he would be fine. That he'd cope with it and whatever else she'd need to hear to worry less about him. Yet he knew, deep down that things weren't okay. Far from it. In fact, she'd probably see right through him if he opted to wave it away.

"Bila..." he started and sighed, feeling her thumb brush along his cheek and he turned his face into her touch before looking into her eyes "He was... It hurts, but... There's nothing more I can practically do about it." he answered her softly "I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Do I clean out his quarters? Save on to his belongings for his family?" he asked her softly as the questions had been floating around in his mind.

His free hand came to caress her own cheek now "What about you? I mean, Khorin did mean a lot to you... Or still does." His voice paused for a moment before his eyes looking into hers, gazing into them.

OOC: Adapted post after a short JP venture with @BZ

Simple Audio Video Embedder