Skip to main content
Topic: Day 03 [2200 hrs.] Klingon Bar Flies (Read 2231 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 03 [2200 hrs.] Klingon Bar Flies

STARDATE 57564.91
MARCH 13, 2381
2200hrs

[ Dr T'Panu| USS Theurgy| Aldea Prime Outskirts]
@Auctor Lucan

Aldea...the utopian planet of happiness. It was finally time to leave the ship, to set foot on land. T'Panu was so excited thinking about all they were going to encounter!

She turned to her replicator as she dreamt about what she was going to wear. She had thoughts of a beautiful red ball gown, silk material, tied low on her shoulders. 6" black, strappy high heels. Her hair half tied back, complete with some smoky eye shadow and a little red lipstick. A coy look painted her face as she felt herself bite her lip. Quite risque for a Vulcan, but when in Aldea...do as the Aldean's do.

"Computer, Aldean clothes for my specifications," T'Panu asked of the replicator. A few seconds passed and the Computer granted her wish. She looked at what she was given and scoffed...floral. She rolled her eyes a little, while still hoping for the best. She took off her combadge, trusty black sneakers, Starfleet Uniform. She turned to the dress she was given; soft flowing material, floral print, orange and pink colouring. She placed the dress over her head, securing the tie around her waist loosely. She slipped on her brown sandals and secured her Aldean communicator.

T'Panu was less than thrilled about her attire, but nothing could spoil her excitement of seeing Aldea. She stepped aboard the Transporter and was dematerialized onto the planet. The surface was a bustling, centre of light, even at 2200hrs. Shops lined the street, a couple walked by, laughing to each other.

She set out to explore the planet, but she got lost along the way. She headed down a few back alleys, thinking it would be a shortcut back to the main areas. Instead, the sounds of the bustling city died as she walked towards some commotion. It sounded like...stomping? Yelling? It felt like a barren, desolate area within the industrial outskirts of the town. She could swear she heard fighting, clinking? In the background of all the clatter, she heard:

'ej HumtaH 'ej DechtaH 'Iw
'ej Doq SoDtaH ghoSpa' Sqral blQtlq
'e' pa' jaj law' moch jaj puS
jaj qeyllS molar mlgh HoHchu'qu'

T'Panu realized she was quite close to the entrance of the bar, the cover she was trying to keep, blown. A few drunken Klingon's ventured out of the bar, wandering, half pissed into the night. She watched them walk away, intrigued by their scruffy brown hair, attire and the way they walked. She stood by an alleyway, as she felt an arm grasp her shoulder. She turned around in surprise, to see a very large Klingon standing there, eyeing her down.

"Now what's a little thing like you doing over here?" The Klingon asked, bemusedly. He had a quizzical look on his face, one that T'Panu was unsure as to whether he wanted an answer or for her to leave. She decided the former, against her better judgement.

"I got lost, now why don't you either help me or leave me alone?" T'Panu asked. The Klingon continued to eye her down, as he thought about her question. His obvious drunkenness made it seemingly difficult for him to think.

The Klingon started to stumble. He took a few drunken steps as he tried to maintain his balance, and finally braced himself on the alley wall. He started towards T'Panu, arms outreached, just as a familiar looking man started towards T'Panu and the Klingon.

[Show/Hide]

Re: SD 57564.91: Klingon Bar Flies

Reply #1
[ Drauc T'Laus | Aldea Prime Outskirts ] Attn: @lisavw
[Show/Hide]
Not being sure what had drawn his eye from inside his hood, Drauc T'Laus had observed the Vulcan in the Aldean garments. She stood out, making him wonder if she was a part of the Theurgy crew, since it was either Humans or Aldeans that worse those garments. Then again, if it was a Theurgy crewmember, the woman might have been given an alter ego - a false identity - that put her as someone with a worker or merchant permit in the city. Nothing forbade Vulcans to wear Aldean garments, of course... but it stood out to Drauc.

The fact that she'd picked such an attire might have done her good, though, because just when Drauc was about to enter the Klingon establishment, he'd noticed her... and the Klingon that approached her with ill intent. Drunken and forgetting his honour, he was about to accost the woman, and when it came to Klingons in such a poor state of mind, Drauc had experience to say the least. He'd saved a Risian, many years ago, from the same kind of Klingon, and he was not about to let another take advantage of someone smaller in size.

So, with silent steps, he interjected himself between the woman and the Klingon - the darkness of his hood turning towards the aggressor. "Leave her be," he rasped in his deep voice, the lash of the three syllables dealt to the Klingon's face, and he needn't even raise his fists in warning. He stood there, with his frayed robe settling around his legs, ready to strike the ridge-head down where he stood. If he dared take his chances, Drauc would move again - his scarred hands balling into fists inside his threadbare sleeves.

Fortunately enough, his own false identity didn't keep him from entering a brawl, but he did hope his actions on the Vulcan's behalf wouldn't jeopardize the good standing between the Theurgy crew and the Klingons stationed on Aldea.

Reply #2
[ Dr  T'Panu | Aldea Prime Outskirts ]
@Auctor Lucan

T'Panu stood, watching the Klingon intently. She had gotten herself into some close calls before, but never this close. So close, she could smell the stench of alcohol and sweat pouring off of his body.

But just as she had expected the worst, she noticed a hooded figure appear out of the corner of her eye. He heroically stepped in between the two, which completely surprised T'Panu. She stood in both fear and surprise as he placed himself in the middle of the danger to protect her. He told the Klingon to leave her alone. She could hear the threatening tone he used, as she watched him get into a fighter's stance. If the Klingon dared pursue this encounter, he would be feeling sorry he did as soon as the effects of his drunkenness wore off.

Just as T'Panu thought the Klingon would actually be smart and walk away, she noticed the glimmer in his eye. He looked amused, like instead of listening to sense he suddenly had his liquid courage kicking in. He eyed down Drauc, pondering where to start. The Klingon shouted something, aggressively. Whatever he said, it all came out as one big, drunken slur.

As the Klingon tried to focus himself, he staggered in his steps. He took a few steps in a small circle trying to prepare for a fight; all he managed to do, however, was make a fool of himself. He took his stance, finally managing to bring out his Mok'bara training. His right leg took a step to his right, widening his stance. Both his legs shakily bent as he lowered his centre of gravity, finding his balance once more. He slowly meditated through his posture, as his right arm hugged his torso, finally resting with his fist in front of his armpit. His left arm followed simultaneously above his head, bending at the elbow, to where his hand sat, palm out, in front of his forehead.

T'Panu stood, wondering how this Klingon...this drunken idiot...managed to do all this when he could barely even speak.

"Tugh qoH nachDaj je chevlu'ta'," the Klingon said to Drauc, aggressively.

T’Panu watched the scene in front of her, unfolding in what felt like slow motion. She wondered what Drauc would do in response to what the drunken Klingon had just uttered.

OOC:  Tugh qoH nachDaj je chevlu'ta is a Klingon proverb which means: a fool and his head are soon parted

Reply #3
[Show/Hide]
Intoxicated as the Klingon might have been, he opted to challenge Drauc. This drunkard of the proud Empire even settled into the semblance of a fighting stance, the accuracy likely born from muscle memory rather than coherent thinking. Drauc eyed the brawny figure with his passive contempt hidden by the darkness of his hood.

"Challenge me at your peril, Klingon," he rasped, watching the warrior with his centre of gravity still high - back straight and scarred fingers flexing inside his frayed sleeves. "I have killed your kind before with my bare hands."

Oh, while he was trained well enough in handling weapons, having decent marksmanship with rifles and pistols alike,, his true forte lay in his body alone, and how he could apply it in reaction to thought rather than motion. He could foresee movements with his abilities, and he made efficient use of addressing any threats. Therefore, when that first strike eventually came his way, Drauc was already moving to intercept.

The Klingon threw the first punch, but Drauc would be the one to deal the last one.

With a wide step, his robe flaring out into the twilight of the evening, Drauc stepped inside the range of that strike, and he dealt one himself with his elbow. The sideways strike caught the Klingon unawares, and may have fractured his jaw, but damage to his teeth was more likely.

Reply #4
@Auctor Lucan

As T'Panu stood and watched, she reveled in the fact that this drunken idiot would be stupid enough to continue his challenge. "A Klingon never backs down, no matter how stupid he is," T'Panu called out. She actually surprised herself, a little unsure where that even came from. Perhaps the adrenaline from the moment? Perhaps having Drauc there she felt safe and brave.

The Klingon suddenly attacked, as Drauc threw not only what was his first attack, but the most badass one one as well. He threw up his elbow in what looked like a deadly hit. It struck the Klingon right in his teeth, and T'Panu was almost waiting to see pieces of his teeth flying out. Unfortunately that didn't happen, but the drunken bastard looked to his right and spit the blood out that came with the blow.

Disoriented, and a little pale looking, he wobbled a little looking ready to faint and pass out. He braced himself on the wall, looking up, eyeing both the two of them and the exit down the tunnel. As he caught himself, he felt his arm sliding down the wall, almost losing his grip. He stood like a giant, colossal, hulking mass of nothing other than the senseless mass he was.

T'Panu looked at Drauc to see if he also couldn't believe his eyes. He had a focus, a poise, that was prepared to not only win, but to make sure he didn't lay a hand on either of them- especially not T'Panu. She knew if anything he would ensure her safety even before her own.

The imbecile in front of them pushed himself off of the wall, disoriented, and started barreling back towards them.

"Does this guy ever give up?!" T'Panu asked, confusedly.

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]
The Vulcan spoke true, and Drauc watched the drunken Klingon advance towards him. He was no greater concern, but if he had friends in the vicinity, they might step in where their inebriated comrade might fail. Therefore, Drauc used the short moments he had available to assess the surroundings. He espied three Klingons moving through a throng of Aldeans, and made the decision.

Between dealing the final blows towards the aggressor, and leaving the scene without a diplomatic incident, Drauc knew which was more ideal.

So, when the Klingon finally struck towards him, Drauc discerned the intent from his mind, and used the drunkard's momentum against him. A forearm to avert the strike from his face, a hand against the leading shoulder, and a low kick placed just so into the bend of the knee... It was over the next moment, with the Klingon propelling straight into a table, breaking it, and falling over in a heap of limbs. It would take him plenty of time to rise. Enough time, to end it wisely.

"Computer," he rasped after tapping the Aldean communicator on his bicep. He then wrapped one arm around the waist of the Vulcan, "Emergency site-to-site transport. Two to beam over. Custodian Square."

[Acknowledged,] said Thea, just as the three less drunk Klingons drew near. Drauc pulled up his hood again, and raised his threadbare robe's sleeve to cover the Vulcan's face, preserving her anonymity from the Klingons in case they would try to find them. [Energising.]

[ Moments Later | Custodian Square ]

When the beam had finished relocating them, Drauc let go of T'Panu gently and faced her. He would have beamed them up to the Theurgy if he had been certain she was one of the crew. Since he wasn't they were now standing on the grand square at the centre of the city, which was bustling with activity but they were far from the outskirts of the city and the antagonised Klingons.

Slowly, her lowered his hood watching her, and reading her mind to try and discern evidence that they belonged to the same ship. "Are you hurt?" he grated to her, pretence allowing him that it was the Aldea Prime's transporter systems that had granted them transport to safety as opposed to Thea.

Reply #6
@Auctor Lucan

T'Panu was watching as the Klingon was eyeing them down, mostly eyeing him down. She stood back, knowing she was fully protected. She took solace in that fact, but was still concerned for her savior's well being. She didn't want him to get hurt, but she also knew there was no way in Vulcan hell she would even stand a chance of protecting him if she tried.

The Klingon began to advance. He came rushing quickly towards them with no time to spare. He had a sparkle in his eye, like he was ready to win this battle. Or so he thought. He towered over them, looming his big, ugly head over both of them. His arm raised up quickly as he was about to strike. T'Panu was scared, not knowing what to do. Could she run in between them? Her heart raced as she felt the blood rushing through her body, sharpening her senses.

"Kroykah!" T'Panu yelled. She shut her eyes and covered her face as she shuddered away, hoping this would all be over soon. Everything happened so fast as she looked up in a blur. With poise and finesse, the Klingon was redirected as he received the final blows, bringing him crashing to the ground. T'Panu was still shaking, with...excitement? fear? as she felt his arm carefully wrap around her waist and bring her in to safety. His arm brought her in to cover her face as they quickly materialized to somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't here.

[ Dr  T'Panu | Custodian Square ]

She felt them reach safety, as they re-materialized in the Custodian Square. Her feet touched safe ground, as she breathed a sigh of relief. She still felt the adrenaline rush coursing through her veins, but had nothing to do with it now but wait for it to pass.

Drauc asked if she was hurt, when she replied. "I'm thankfully, completely, unscathed. The Klingon wasn't able to lay a hand on me, thanks to you coming to my rescue. How are you doing? Are you hurt anywhere??" T'Panu asked concernedly, awaiting his answer. She continued, "I'm so grateful you were around. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't. I'd probably be a Klingon snack by now," T'Panu replied.

"Is there anything I can do to repay you? I feel like you've done an awful lot for me and you hardly even know me. I know it's late, but would I be able to thank you with a celebratory drink? Maybe a walk? Game of chess?"

Kroykah- Stop!

Reply #7
[ Drauc T'Laus | Custodian Square | Aldea Prime Centre ] Attn: @lisavw
[Show/Hide]
The woman being Vulcan, it was not entirely clear to Drauc if she was of the Theurgy crew just yet. They were touch telepaths, and usually had their emotions suppressed from his view - surface thoughts being stoically linear and logical in reasoning. This woman, however... her mind was not at all as Drauc expected when he saw her ears and eyebrows, and quickly deduced her race. Surely she was Vulcan?

"I require no compensation," he rasped to her, staring at her through the tresses of his burgundy hair. He raised his forearm and slowly peeled back the frayed sleeve of his robe, looking upon the area which had impacted with the Klingon's jawbone. His whole arm bore marks of old scars, but the new bruise oozed faintly with green blood - bone having cut skin despite the threadbare cloth in-between. "I do offer to lead you back to your home, should you wish to retire for the evening."

He moved to pull down his sleeve again when his dark eyes returned to her. "Or to whatever company you kept before you wound up alone in the outskirts of this city. Since I came here, I quickly learned how the outskirts are not safe this late in the evening, so take my advise, and stay in the city centre."

He was still trying to learn if she belonged to the Theurgy, but he might as well use the alias he'd adopted for planetary visits. "I'm Rigan Tec." 

Re: Day 03 [2200 hrs.] Klingon Bar Flies

Reply #8
[ Lt T'Panu | Custodian Square | Aldea Prime Centre ]
@Auctor Lucan

T'Panu watched as the man eyed her down briefly, surely wondering who she was and where she was from. She knew she would seem a little strange, a Vulcan trying to pass as an Aldean. 

As he explained he required no compensation, she wondered how that could be. This man had just saved her life, putting himself in immediate danger for a woman he didn't even know. Surely there was something she could do in return? There weren't many that would have come to the aid of a stranger against a Klingon, and she was surprised that someone did, expecting nothing back. 

His sleeve raised, revealing a ton of scars. Old battles, new battles, faraway battles. She wondered what he had seen, the people he had met, the far-off places he had been to. She wondered how many confrontations he had been in to be so brave in the face of danger. 

Her medical instincts kicked in, as she saw the bruises and the blood dripping out. 

"Oh my, you're hurt! Are you alright?" T'Panu asked, worriedly. She looked around for something to cover his wounds, finding nothing. She turned away from him for a few seconds as she ripped off a piece of her inner robe. The yellow fabric looking obnoxiously bright as she brought it up to his arm. "Do you mind?" T'Panu asked, as she took his implied consent as a go ahead. She pulled up his arm to her height, as she fastened the swatch of fabric around his wound. The 3" wide piece wrapped around his arm as she tied it twice in place. She made sure it was secure enough to help stop the bleeding, but not to cut off any circulation. 

As she waited a few moments, she noticed the familiarity in the man's face. She was sure she had seen him briefly before, but couldn't quite place him.

"My name is T'Panu. I'm sure you're wondering who I am, and have already assumed that I'm not from this planet. I've just arrived here with my crew. We had some encounters and needed some ship repairs, and Aldea seemed like the perfect place. I chose this outfit, or actually...something a little nicer...in hopes to "blend in". But, as you can see, that didn't work so well given our previous situation. I had decided a little exploration would be nice to find some fresh air amongst all this beautiful scenery, hoping for a nice place to relax." 

She looked back at his wound and the soiled piece of fabric she secured. The blood had seeped through slightly, but it seemed to be doing its job slowing the bleeding nearly to a stop. She was sure he wouldn't seek medical attention for it anyways, so she pondered whether she should even bother giving instructions for care. He had clearly seen enough battle that a simple gash wouldn't bother him in the slightest. 

T'Panu waited for his reply, as she pondered where she had seen him before. She had a suspicion to say it was aboard the Theurgy, but stayed cautious in case her memory didn't serve her well.

Reply #9
[ Drauc T'Laus | Custodian Square | Aldea Prime Centre ] Attn: @lisavw
[Show/Hide]
While he had given her the name of Rigan Tec, her thoughts gradually revealed that she was of the Theurgy crew, and the deceit in protection of the ship was needless. He had raised his arm for her to mend, and it would appear she knew how to bind a wound rather well. Better than most, if fact. His dark eyes stared at the cloth she had taken from a layer of the Aldean dress, wondering idly if it might lead to a wardrobe malfunction, and hoped she wouldn't compromise her modesty on his behalf.

"T'Panu," he rasped, repeating her name for sake of memorising it. She had yet to answer him in regard to leaving the planet or not. She had just arrived, while he had spent the whole day down there, so they might as well part ways so that her shoreleave wouldn't be cut to brief. "I sense that you and I are of the same crew, your thoughts giving our ship the same name. Therefore..."

He leaned forward to speak into her pointed ear, her scent filling his nose as much as her thoughts and emotions washed through him like waves against the shoals. "...I am Drauc T'Laus, with Rigan Tec being my false identity. I take it you already recognised me, however, since you gave me your real name. My apologies for stating a false name, and thank you for tending to my wound."

As always, Drauc was a Romulan quite benumbed from his own emotions, absorbing that of those in his presence instead. When he stood back, he decided to answer her unspoken questions. "I used to be a mercenary, and I have monetised my skills far more than I care for since the Dominon War. I seek no compensation, because that time in my life was about survival. Since I escaped Romulus, I share the Federation's views towards greed. Sensing your gratitude... is more than enough."

That was the truth of it. More so than others might, Drauc was gratified by the unbridled, honest elation survivors felt. It was the reason he preferred to walk a righteous path. 

"I will return to the Theurgy," he rasped next, flexing his scarred hands underneath the frayed sleeves of his robe to keep them from stiffening. "For I have been walking this planet for the whole day. If you just arrived, I will let you find distraction from the perils of our voyage."

Having said this, Drauc turned around and walked away from her. As he moved through the people of the Custodian Square, he raised a scarred hand to his communicator, and bid Thea to beam him up. The next moment, he vanished in a shimmer of light - leaving Aldea Prime behind.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder