Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357636 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3525
What a nice new char @Fife and welcome aboard @Lady Nyx
Ohh and Cir'Cie is back in the game. I guess Kaylon still remembers her.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Reply #3528
Welcome aboard @Lady Nyx;)
I fear you will regret that name choice @Fife but congratulations :p
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #3529
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really happy to be here and look forward to writing with you all :)

Reply #3531
Welcome to all the new people! Hope you all have a great time with us and your characters :)

Reply #3532
Jeez I'm gone for a few days and we get four new members and left with only one available character for inheritance? Nice.

Hello new people! Hope you all have a great time here. :)

Reply #3533
CHARACTER SURVEY SENT OUT!

Today, a Character Survey was sent out, and all Theurgists may find new writing opportunities! Please reply before the 1st of September.[/size] :)

The purpose of this survey is to help me play matchmaker between writers, finding common interests and character development during the Aldea Prime Anthology. If you fill out this survey and send it back to me, I'll contact you as soon as ideas and matches have been found between current writers. While I will use a spreadsheet to find matches, the results of the survey and the matches will not be publicly posted. Instead, the results will be communicated via PM when applicable.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3534
BELATED INFO: CHARACTER INHERITANCE CHOICE

Hello Theurgists!  (L)

A couple of weeks back, we faced a situation where it was unknown if a writer wanted their character to be available for inheritance. It was believed the writer had passed away, but thankfully so, that wasn't the case.

An idea that was put forth was to allow everyone to state their own preference in regard to the fate of their characters should something unforeseen happen. While I moved to make this feature, I realise that I never properly communicated it. So here is how you state your preference in regard to the fate of your characters if you vanish or leave the sim!

It should be pretty clear from the image how you do it, but if there are any questions, feel free to PM me!  ;)

Also, should you find yourself with too many characters, that you don't have the time or interest to write for anymore, there is no stigma to give them up for inheritance either. :)

Just PM me if you are harbouring such thoughts, and I will work something out with you. We have a high interest among Applicants, and many are more than willing to try out the sim with a character that is established in the story already. That way, they can get a feel for the story and the community. Moreover, the joining process is a lot simpler, where no character creation is required.

Hope this finds you all well out there, and on a personal note, I am back at work from my summer vacation now.  /;-D

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3535
Just a quick heads up for everybody, my ISP has some major faults along it's network and there's currently no ETA on when it will be fixed, meaning currently internet goes from anything between it's usual 100MB at best to less than 1MB at it's worst to simply flat out not working at all or any point between there, what fun. Needless to say I'll be around when it's working but if it suddenly dies for a few days that's why I'm not around. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

Reply #3536
SADLY, THE OSTRICH HAS DECIDED TO LEAVE US

I got this message from The Ostrich today, which will both explain things and tell us their wishes in regard to the story of Adisia and Jhoza:

Hi AL, I think we need to be honest with ourselves here. I'm consistently falling behind and leaving threads untouched for weeks at a time. Life and university have been hitting me hard recently, and they don't look like they will be letting up any time soon. In light of this, I think the best option would be for me to step back from Theurgy. Hopefully one day life will ease up and I will be able to return.

In regards to my characters.

Adisia can go up for adoption. She is mid-scene with a kidnapped K'Ren, and Deacon seemed poised to swoop in to rescue her soon. The thread is called Market Value, and along with the DC titled When The Hammer Falls, these are the only places I've written her.

Jhoza...she is my baby. I cannot see another writer keeping her true to my image of who she is, so I would like to request that she NOT go up for adoption. I am happy for her to be NPCed in any threads where she is currently active. Once those threads are concluded my in universe explanation for her vanishing is this; She is deserting. Her family means too much to her, so she shall board a transport on Aldea bound for Andoria to get her family and take them somewhere safe until the parasite threat is dealt with. It also means she still lives within this universe and could potentially return if/when I ever do.

I would like to say that Theurgy is an amazing place, and I wish you and all the other writers the best, and hope you continue going strong for many years to come.

We had a chat after this message came to me, where I asked if he was really sure about it etc. etc., and in the end I told Ostrich that as soon as he feels he is ready, I want him back with us. :)

Well, then we have this girl that will become an NPC, and I will contact the affected writers about what might be done there. She's also added to the Available Characters list.

Adisia                         Syndicate Venator (NPC)

- Writer:
The Ostrich

Then we have the deserting Lone Wolf, which will return to her family:

Lt. JG Jhozahosh sh'Avhennes    Wolf-16 [Blizzard]

- Writer:
The Ostrich

I told Ostrich that if they return, Jhoza might just have a change of hearts and come back. Since she's a Lone Wolf, though, it means @Vox 's Logan Hale will become Wolf-16 as of Day.... 10? If anyone has any requests to change the Day in which Jhoza vanishes from the ship and Aldea, just let me know!

Right, I think that just about covers it, and if you're reading this Ostrich, thank you so much for the time you've spent fleshing out the story (so far! since I want you back here!).

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3537
Sorry to see you depart @The Ostrich
I hope you get the chance to return to us soon.

@Auctor Lucan instead of Jhoza deserting, could we potentially have one member of her family be extremely sick and Admiral Anderson gets a message through? Jhoza could be granted a leave of absence? Less of a negative impact on the character, for when/if they return?

Just an idea.

Stegro88

Reply #3538
Sorry to see you depart @The Ostrich hopefully we'll see you back around here soon.

Reply #3539
Good thinking, @Stegro88 ! Problem is that it might be less compelling for Jhoza to abandon her ill family member and return to the ship if The Ostrich decides to return, and it's a looong way to Andoria. Deserting, however, might have been a spur of the moment, and she comes back with the hope of forgiveness when she's come to terms with her situation. Perhaps she might even have managed to speak to the family before she returns. The negative impact on the character can be as nominal as we want it, all depending on the circumstances of how she comes back.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3540
Awwwww. Sad that @The Ostrich is leaving. I understand the reasoning though and deeply sympathize.

Best of luck bud! Hope you can rejoin us at some point!

Reply #3541
Just had a thought, with Jhoza leaving the ship could it be linked with the current “familial” situation going on with the Andorians on board?

Reply #3543
And nevermind. Discussed it with Ostrich and they didn’t want to do it. No worries.

Reply #3544
minor update,

Hey everyone, i just wanted to put this out onto the site before i loose connection again. I'm trying to get caught up, and work through posts, i got all but 2 done today. and the two remaining I will get to those thursday.

I feel like there is a lot on my plate at the moment, like I'm kinda going crazy, in the past month i've been stabbed in the eye, started the process of finding a new home, talked to my boss about leaving my job. So I said f it, i need a vacation.

I'm flying down to the city for four days while a family member that i don't want in my house is visiting with my dying mom. To get away from all the drama, and recharge i'm gonna spend the 27th-31st of august in the city away from my hidden island, on beautiful beaches, lush gardens, generally being a tourest and visiting old friends i haven't seen in a few years. Maybe have a few drinks while i'm there.

Basically I'm gonna take some me time and get away from all the chaos that is my life for a few days, hopefully i'll come back more refreshed than when i left.

Reply #3545
PLEASE WELCOME BASTILA, WHO WILL BE WRITING MARIJA FERIK!

Today, @Bastila joins us, and they will be writing Marija Ferik, who will be thawed from stasis as of Day 05 in the Aldea Prime Anthology. :)

Ens. Marija Ferik            Security officer

- Writer:
Bastila

As you can see, since Marija had just one photomanipulated image, Bastila got the chance to update Marija's faceclaim. The same was done for @EricMatthias when he inherited Adam Kingston since I had not really done any images for him, merely using google. In any case, Bastila is about to update the physical description of Marija in accordance with the change of actress, and In-Character, this occurrence is described as a Butterfly Effect. Now, please give your warmest welcome to our newest Theurgist!

Looking forward to reading her continued story, @Bastila ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3548
Welcome welcome @Bastila !! Hope you enjoy Marija :)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3549
Welcome!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Simple Audio Video Embedder