Skip to main content
Topic: Day 34 [1100 hrs.] An Unfortunate Mishap (Read 3439 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 34 [1100 hrs.] An Unfortunate Mishap

[ LT Daniel Havenborn | Deck 15, Stellar Cartography | USS Theurgy, Vector 3 ] Attn: @Swift 

Daniel was standing inside the Stellar Cartography room, mapping out TacCONN patrol routes of the system, he had a plan to ask Commander Ravon for permission to take a patrol further out of the immediate area but first he needed to know where all the patrol routes had been.  It seemed that most of the routes had stayed near the docks with only a few going out on a wider patrol.  Daniel’s ultimate goal was to present to Commander Ravon that a patrol that had a wider net could potentially help both the Aldeans with security and help the Lone Wolves bond more, especially if they ran into some pirates.  Part of the Daniel’s problem was that the patrols were dull, he understood that not typically a patrol was meant to provide a security screen, to prevent incidents from happening, but Daniel had grown accustomed to combat sorties and while it had been nice to have a break he was getting anxious to get back into combat to hone his skills.

A simulator could only help so much, it just wasn’t the same, there was no adrenaline spike, no stress, no feeling of excitement, you either scored or you failed; Fate didn’t linger in a simulation.  He looked down at the PADD in his hand and then back at the holographic three-dimensional layout and found a couple of spots that looked like good spots for pirates to lie in wait, he began to plot out a flight plan that went near there.  He watched the Starfleet insignia which represented his Flight, which was down to three since Meony was on medical leave with no return in sight, he updated the patrol with the new coordinates and watched as they took three trips around the docks, then turned towards the new coordinates, he added in another set of coordinates which took them around the planet and back to the Theurgy itself, now all he needed to do was present it to Commander Ravon and get him to sign off on it.

As he turned to leave he looked back at the holo-screen.  “Computer, access the ship’s historical archives.”  He said hearing an affirmative chirp.  “Display Mars, circa 2349.”  He said as the computer responded and his homeworld appeared.  He accessed the controls and rotated the planet until he found his homeland, the Domes of Ouranos and Daedalus.  He could see the fringe homesteads of the Daedalia Planum, the Anti-Matter Missile Range that sat between the two domes, and the Memorial of the Khans, where his people revered the Great Khan and the other Augments that his people tried to emulate.  He stared at the holographic image for some time, thinking about the home he could never return to.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Re: Day 34 [1100 Hours] An Unfortunate Mishap

Reply #1
[ Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Fisher | Stellar Cartography | Deck 15 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Havenborn

It was only four-days into the Operation aimed at disrupting the flow of orders, and communication between elements of Starfleet Command, and already the data syphons that PWO Ravenholm and Lieutenant Anh-Le had developed were filling the archive with hundreds of documents worth review. As such, The Chief Intelligence Officer, Andrew Fisher had been pouring through them as quickly as he possibly could in the hopes of finding any truly actionable intel that could be forwarded onto the Captain for consideration. Of course the Central Intelligence Suite had offered a number of terminals and holo-imagers that made the process somewhat easier, but with one particular document, Fisher needed a wider scope; he could take that document and punch it up into one of the ship’s holodecks, but that would deprive those facilities from individuals that needed recreation. Thankfully, Theurgy provided access to the perfect facility for what he had in mind, a Stellar Cartography laboratory on Deck 15.

[Deck 15. Stellar Cartography is directly ahead.] Thea guided Fisher as he stepped off of a turbolift.

“Thank you, Thea.” The CIO responded in kind, having become quite familiar with the ship’s AI, and her ability to point him in the right direction, as he was still getting to know the layout since coming aboard.

As Fisher made his way down the corridor, he passed by a number of science personnel as they were making their respective ways too and from the various science labs that ran along on either side of said hallway. Some knew who he was, yet others still hadn’t familiarized themselves with the newest additions to the crew, and honestly, Fisher liked it that way. Anonymity was often times, a spy’s best friend. Still, he offered a few cordial nods as they went by, and could see that a few had indeed recognized him, though they were more than a little uneasy being in his vicinity. Given what he’d learned of the ship’s previous Chief of Intelligence, Commander Trent, he understood their reticence at his presence.

Nearing the end of the corridor before it split in either direction, Fisher pressed a finger against the console near the door that led into Stellar Cartography and saw that someone else had already been accessing the laboratory. In truth, Fisher was a little early for his registered time slot of 11:30 hours, but he figured that whoever had chosen the slot before his, wouldn’t mind him waiting for the lab to become available. Especially considering the doors to the lab had been left unsecured, which meant whatever they were reviewing was likely non-confidential.

“Martian, eh?” Fisher asked innocently as he stepped in through the doorway, approaching the perch that hung out in the center of the rounded holo-imagining facility.

“I’m Commander Fisher.” He introduced himself, holding out a hand to offer a handshake. “Nice to meet you, Lieutenant?”

Reply #2
[ LT Daniel Havenborn | Deck 15, Stellar Cartography | USS Theurgy, Vector 3 ] Attn: @Swift 

Daniel was surprised by the unfamiliar voice.  He turned and saw the rank pins and stood at attention, resisting the urge to throw up a salute, seeing his homeland had reminded him of his military upbringing and while Starfleet wasn’t a military organization it was the closest the Federation got.  As the officer offered his hand for a handshake Daniel extended his own hand, grasping the other officers hand.  He remained at attention however as unlike his meeting with Commander Rutherford this was a more formal of setting and he wasn’t sure what this Commander Fisher’s intentions were yet.

As Daniel released the mans hand he spoke.  “Lieutenant Daniel Havenborn, callsign Salvo, Tac-CONN Pilot, 3rd Flight Leader.”  He introduced himself to the Lieutenant Commander Fisher.  The man wore command red, so and had the rank of a senior officer so he was likely a department head of some kind.  Commander Rutherford was the new Chief Diplomatic Officer, but he hadn’t really heard of some other new department head, maybe CONN or Intelligence, he’d make a note to find out later.  “Did you need the lab early sir?”  Daniel asked as he assumed the man had been coming to use the lab.

Reply #3
[ Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Fisher | Stellar Cartography | Deck 15 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Havenborn

With a sturdy grip, the Chief Intelligence Officer afforded Havenborn the due respect of a solid handshake. It was an old tradition, and something of an old practice that sometimes allowed you to gauge the character of another man by the manner in which he reacted it. Though, it wasn’t exactly an intuitive thing ability. It came with practice. You needed to summarily analyze someone in an instant, and later compare and contrast that analysis with a more in-depth evaluation of them. So, when this young Lieutenant immediately seemed to snap-to in an attentive manner, it spoke to a stern upbringing, and his strong grasp spoke to a confident individual. Perhaps he’d derived from a family of tradition, and honor, Fisher considered. Making a mental note, the CIO would think to look up the personnel file of the Lieutenant when the opportunity next presented itself.

“At ease, Lieutenant.” He sought to disarm the need to stand on tradition. Fisher respected the need for formality at time, but whenever he could, he preferred to play things light.

“Lieutenant Commander Fisher.” His introductions were often short, and to the point, as he’d discovered years earlier, that an air of mysteriousness leant itself to his effectiveness as a spy. “No, sorry. I just arrived a little early, and when I saw that the lab hadn’t been locked down, assumed that perhaps the time-slot ahead of me had been either vacant, or had already finished usage.” His green-eyes trailed over the impressive holographic vault that was the Theurgy’s state-of-the-art Stellar Cartography Laboratory. It was another in a long line of astounding facilities that made this ship something of a dream posting for any Starfleet Officer, at least were it not for the whole rogue status thing, and the plethora of enigmatic enemies that sought to eliminate it at every possible turn.

“I apologize if I’m interrupting. I can leave if you’d like?” He raised an eyebrow, truly expressing a wish to remain amenable.

Reply #4

As Daniel felt the firm grasp handshake from the other man and noticed the look in his eyes he realized that the man was attempting to gauge his character.  Hearing the at ease from the senior officer Daniel let go of the handshake but didn’t relax his posture much, he was still on duty after all.  Besides he didn’t know this man and he wasn’t about to let his guard down quite yet around him. 

Daniel hadn’t really thought about locking down the lab since nothing he was looking at was really classified, getting this sort of information wouldn’t be that hard for another officer, besides their patrols weren’t exactly hidden, people know when they happened after all, all you had to do was look out a window and you could see a Valkyrie or Valravn flying past.  Daniel was now leaning towards the man being an Intelligence officer, it was still likely that he was part of a different department however.  “I see.”  He said as the man finished his explanation behind his entering the room.

“No apologies necessary Commander, I’m done with my work.  I just wanted to take a glimpse at my homeland while I was here.”  He said as he looked back at the image of Mars, he could still see Ouranos Dome.  He left out the fact that he’d never be able to ever set foot back in his homeland again, even if they were no longer declared enemies of the Federation.  He had been expelled from his homeland by his father, which was an excessive amount of political clout.  He was probably one of the few Neo-ECONists who had been expelled forever, at least he'd be famous amongst his people.  “Is there anything I can help you with before I go Commander?”  Daniel asked him respectfully.

Reply #5

“Actually, if you wouldn’t mind, Lieutenant, I could use a set of Pilot’s eyes on this file that my people recently intercepted.” Fisher held up an isolinear chip in his hands and motioned toward the command console situated at the center of the rounded cylindrical room. “It’s a freighter’s course that runs right through the heart of the Cardassian Badlands.” He continued to explain as he slipped the chip into a port on the console, and began punching it up, only for it to render and encircle them an instant later. The swirling gas clouds, and spatial lightning storms were something of a familiarity among Starfleet Officers, as they were notorious for a plethora of reasons, most notably for Fisher, as it had served as a supply line for the Orion Syndicate before, during, even after the Dominion War. The naturally occurring phenomenon that was the immense nebula could defeat sensor readings making it a perfect lane in which to conduct nefarious operations.

“Normally something like this wouldn’t even spark a cursory interest for us, especially given our situation. But we’ve managed to get our hands on a passenger manifest from that ship as well, and one of crew listed is an old asset of mine. Maybe just a coincidence, but maybe something more.”

With a few inputs of the console, the course of the ship in question was highlighted with a long drawn out red line, that cut right through the heart of the badlands. “Anyway, what I could use some help on, is plotting the likeliest point of attack by a group of small craft, ala your Valkyries.” Zooming in on the path as it traverses through the badlands, Fisher looked to Havenborn for some expertise on the matter. “If the Lone Wolves were tasked with attack this prey, how would they proceed?” Fisher had neglected to offer the fact that this intercepted file came not from the freighter in question, but from a Syndicate spy, likely hinting at a planned attack on their part, and he had every intention of forwarding a tactical analysis to the freighter’s crew in hopes of dissuading the ambush that lay in wait for them. Having Daniel’s input would help him to better explain, and hopefully allow the freighter’s Captain a chance to plot a safer course through the badlands.

Though as Fisher waited for a reply, a sudden and soft commotion erupted from beneath the elevated walkway, causing the spy to raise an eyebrow in confusion, his gaze falling upon the Lieutenant, as if to gauge whether or not he’d heard it as well.

Reply #6

Daniel nodded as Commander Fisher asked for his assistance.  He looked at the isolinear chip and then stood out of the way for the senior officer to input the device into the command console.  When he mentioned the Badlands, Daniel nodded.  He’d flown through them during his time aboard the Persephone, it was a hellish region of space that he never had any wish to return to.  The region began to surround them and Daniel instantly recognized the area, it was one of the more stable areas, commonly used for trading, not that anything was truly stable in the Badlands as currents shifted and storms whirled.

“I see.”  Daniel stated as he explained what was contained on the isolinear chip.  Daniel nodded again and continued to study the information that was being displayed, as Commander Fisher explained that he wanted Daniel’s help with planning an attack against the freighter he began to think.  As a Lone Wolf he wasn’t sure, he didn’t know the squadron all that well only having served with it for a few weeks.  However if he had the Grey Wolves he knew how he’d plan it.  Daniel supposed in the end the specific squadron didn’t matter, what mattered was his tactical mind.  “I can certainly give my tactical input on this situation Commander.”

He took a moment again and began to study in detail the information that was displayed.  There were several good points at which to attack the freighter, he was assuming that the attackers wanted the ship intact so that dropped out two attack points.  “Assuming that they want the freighter intact, I’d say there are three likely points of attack.”  He said as he began to point them out; however he briefly heard the commotion, although whatever it was, it could wait.  He had been asked for his tactical input and that would come first, besides the Commander was the ranking officer in the room and if there was something amiss he had the authority to rectify it.

Reply #7

Sure, Fisher had his own level of expertise when it came to planning assaults and ambushes; he was after all a trained Intelligence operative, and such skills were a necessity for someone in his position, but it never hurt to seek outside opinions on such a matter. Especially when that opinion was coming from someone whom Fisher held in relatively high regard, of which Havenborn and the rest of the Lone Wolves represented. He’d read some detailed reports of past Lone Wolf operations, and though Daniel hadn’t necessarily been with the fighter group for very long, having come from the Grey Wolves himself, he must have still presented some depth of skill to have been brought into the fold. He watched as the other man appraised the tactical display which encircled them along the curved walls of the Stellar Cartography display and could see the wheels starting to turn. Though when he’d been about to expand upon what was his take of the tactical situation, there came the commotion from down below them.

Raising a finger as if to put a temporary hold on their conversation, Fisher approached the nearby edge of the platform and lent over it to peer down into the darkness below. “Ahem...” he cleared his throat audibly, so as to prompt anyone who was eavesdropping to announce themselves. However, as only silence seemed to permeate in response, Fisher looked back to the Lieutenant for just a moment. “...if you’re down there, you may as well come out. Otherwise Lieutenant Havenborn and I will be forced to call for Security.” The threat meant to be more ominous, than necessarily prescient, though it did initiate some form of movement from down below, as a female face poked its way from the shadows that were cast. The face of a blonde woman with something of an embarrassed expression on her face as she held up a bare arm as if to beg forgiveness, and temperance on Fisher’s behalf.

“Umm... sorry, Sir.” Came her soft voice, an apologetic tone hinted at, thought it paled in comparison to the obvious sense of awkward terror that accompanied the tambor of her words.

“You’re umm... well... you’re out of uniform, Miss?” Fisher asked, an amused grin crossing his face as he found himself stifling a bit of laughter.

“Ensign Ali Louis. I’m a Shuttle Pilot, Sir.” Her face nearly beet red as she lowered her raised arm in an effort to more fully cover up what was clearly her bare upper half, as she’d at some point evidently lost her duty coat and tunic. The blue in her eyes sparkling as the cast light from the stanchion above Fisher and Havenborn cast down over their shoulders. She seemed to appraise the both of them in an almost pleading manner, as though she had been caught red-handed in the midst of something rather illicit. Sensing this, Fisher tried to hide his amused grin, and swallowed down at the eruption of laughter that he felt brewing within his belly. He supposed there was a chance that she was a spy of sorts, attempting to gain intelligence on whatever he, Havenborn, or anyone else may have been reviewing in the facility, but he was feeling relatively confident that her intentions were of another matter entirely, and couldn’t help but feel the need to press on the issue.

“I uhh, take it you’re not alone down there?”

Swallowing audibly, the young Ensign shook her head as another beautiful face soon emerged from the shadows, in a likewise situation of undress, though her expressions were far more neutral in tone, an understandable notion when you caught the pointed ears at the periphery of her face. A Vulcan woman. “Ensign Valryk, Sir.” She introduced herself, a likewise arm over the exposed bosom of her topless body.

Rolling his head as a broad grin crossed his face, he looked to the Lieutenant standing adjacent to him on the platform and wondered what thoughts might have been going through his own mind. Inadvertently they had happened across something of voyeuristic moment shared between two young women, however inappropriate it may have been for them to engage in such behavior during operational hours, and in a commonly accessed science lab. Still, Fisher couldn’t really be upset or annoyed by the happening, as it seemed innocent enough. “I suppose the Lieutenant and I happened upon the pair of you making... repair... of the holoprojection units? And I take it you’re both experiencing a bit of a uniform malfunction?” he teased in an effort to toss a proverbial life-preserver to them; just about the lamest possible excuse they could cling to so as to excuse their behavior. “Does that seem about right, Lieutenant?” he looked back to Havenborn, his own intentions evident as he was to let the pair of women go without any form of disciplinary action, so long as the Pilot was in accord.

Reply #8

As Daniel was waiting for Commander Fisher to comment on his tactical expertise the commotion was heard again and the senior officer held up his finger then cleared his throat and announced himself to whomever was causing a disturbance below them.  A moment later a beautiful blonde haired woman appeared in a state of undress and Daniel couldn’t help but smirk as he remembered the many times that he and Krissy had often snuck around the Resolve to have intimate affairs.  Although the two of them had been far more careful in choosing their locations to sneak off to and had never been caught.  Something that Daniel was proud to have continued onboard the Theurgy, as he remembered the intimate moment that he shared with Riley during the karaoke night a few weeks ago.  No one had caught on to what they had been doing and that had made Daniel proud.

As the young Ensign introduced herself, Commander Fisher correctly deduced that she wasn’t alone and a beautiful young Vulcan woman also presented herself to the senior officers.  Daniel took a moment to enjoy the states of undress both of the female officers found themselves in, he almost wished he had known that the two women were down there earlier, he would not have minded joining in with them.  As Commander Fisher gave them a way out Daniel smirked again, he was beginning to like the man.  Daniel nodded at him “Ah yes, that’s right.  I remember the two of you coming in to make the repairs.  Thank you for that Ensign Louis and Ensign Valryk.”  Daniel said as he winked at the junior officers playing along with the charade that Commander Fisher had started.

Reply #9

For his own part, Fisher to admired the beauty of the two women who had been caught red-handed by the two more-senior Officers. It was quite an amusing scenario in which they had been found in the midst, but given the stakes at play for Theurgy, he couldn’t fault two individuals finding comfort in each other, regardless of how technically inappropriate their actions had been. He likewise found himself appreciative of the fact that the Lieutenant had been in as agreeable a mood with regards to how to handle the situation and felt a sense of relief that he’d not have to pull rank on the matter. Such a consideration spoke to someone who recognized when something was innocent in nature, and was willing to let it go, rather than pay strict adherence to the letter of the rules and protocols, and bumped the pilot’s stock up a notch or two in Fisher’s own estimation.

“Umm... thank you, Sirs.” Ensign Louis acknowledged, offering something of an alluring wink to the pair of them, before her attention went back to her Vulcan companion, seeming as though she were trying to impress upon her an idea.

Wise to what was bouncing back and forth between the two women, Fisher sensed his opportunity to escape, and let the matter resolve itself. “I uhh... we can review the matter another time, Lieutenant. I actually have a meeting with Engineering and need to go over a few items for the Intelligence Department. Please feel free to make use of the rest of my time-slot for your own... research purposes.” Casually, Fisher removed the isolinear chip from the console, and the image of the badlands clearer, flicking back to the ambient field of stars of the Epsilon Mynos system. “Lieutenant. Ladies.” He said as a way of excusing himself as he stepped away from the perch and began to make his way for the exit. Stopping one the double doors opened, Fisher turned back so as to offer one last piece of advice in parting. “Just remember to lock things down if you’re going to investigate anything... sensitive.” Nearly letting a bout of laughter escape him, the sage-eyed spy spun round on his heel, and bounded out of the laboratory, leaving Havenborn and the other officers alone.

“I suppose we should... leave?” pressed the blonde Ensign, tilting the pate of her head so as to pose the dilemma to the Lieutenant, though her preferences clearly meant to elicit a different course of action. A sentiment which was shared by Ensign Valryk, who stepped closer, and traced an inquisitive finger down the length of her companion’s bare shoulder.

Reply #10

Daniel smirked at the Commander’s excuse to leave and nodded.  “Of course sir, I think I will.”  He said as he turned to look down at the two ladies.  As the Commander was leaving and Daniel was pondering what he’d like to do with these two lovely officers, Commander Fisher turned to add one last piece of advice to which Daniel nodded.  “Yes sir.”  He said as he turned his attention back to the two Ensigns below him.

“You could, or we could make some of those repairs together.”  He said with a wink as he walked over to door and locked it this time then turned and made his way down the ladder to join the two ladies.  “It seems that these repairs need a senior officer to look them over.”  He joked with the blonde as he wrapped his arm around her and the Vulcan.  The knowing look both of them gave him made him smile and he let the two of them remove his clothes.  He knew that this was against regulations but the Commander had basically all but told him it was fine that was all the encouragement that Daniel had needed, and if he didn’t want to partake then all the better for Daniel. 

He locked lips with the blonde and shared a passionate kiss before turning and sharing another passionate kiss with the Vulcan.  “These repairs could take awhile.”  He said as both the ladies laughed.

~ FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder